PDA

View Full Version : What is it going to take for Dempster to empty this clown?

.Sean.
23-09-2019, 12:10 PM
Quite simple really. When is she going to act or what will be the final straw for her? Now, when it’s clear to every last one of us that this imposter and the dross he brought up with him are out of their depth? Or this weekend, when we’re out the League Cup and bottom of the league after being scudded by Celtic, or does she still hold off a bit longer until our attendances are back around the 10000 mark and we’re two points adrift going into the bottom six fixtures? Because that’s where we’re headed and we’ve seen this happen before.

We’ve got derbies struggling to sell out, unheard of in recent times. Folk on the forum saying their dad who’s watched Hibs sixty odd years just too bored to go, kids wanting to leave at half time of a derby, season ticket holders saying they won’t be going on Saturday. The support are so apathetic and disengaged with the current regime it’s frightening, Dempster will know this as she’s no naive or stupid and I’m sure she’ll even be looking at the forum so it’s absolutely astonishing she’s yet to act on it. There is absolute no way back for him and she knows it.

This appointment is single handedly taking us back to the times of Calderwood and Butcher. She has to act now as the current regime is single handedly destroying every bit of good work she’s done over the last 5 years and the relationship with the support.

Her legacy isn’t going to be based on the Scottish Cup win, if she doesn’t sack Heckingbottom and things keep ‘progressing’ at the current alarming rate, then that’s what she’ll be remembered by.

worcesterhibby
23-09-2019, 12:12 PM
I suspect, with a new owner on board, the decision is one she will have to make with his agreement. Ron will have the final say.

hibbydad
23-09-2019, 12:13 PM
Not only empty the clown but also that windbag George Craig

PISTOL1875
23-09-2019, 12:14 PM
It is obvious that she won't sack him just now so if we lose against Killie and Celtic then the only answer is another protest and if the results are still as bad then the numbers protesting will soon grow...

This is the only way to get rid of the manager.. Attacking the board will result in swift action......

B.H.F.C
23-09-2019, 12:16 PM
The thread title is what worries me. I just don’t know what will make her act. The only reason I can think for him not being gone yet is self interest from the folk who need to make the decision.

It’s been obvious from the first kick of pre season that we were going to struggle. The warning signs were there in the friendlies. The warning signs continued in the league cup and the league results speak for them self.

Beefster
23-09-2019, 12:21 PM
If folk really want answers, rather than harass the social media person every time they have the temerity to put their head above the parapet, ask the Fans Reps on the Board something like what the targets were for this season and when the first review of them is.

You won't get an answer but folk are directing their rage at completely the wrong people so at least put the right folk on the spot. Not that I'm suggesting that anyone is anything other than civil to anyone from Hibs btw.

Jones28
23-09-2019, 12:21 PM
I have a horrible feeling that they will base it on the next 3 games, which is just delaying the inevitable.

we are hibs
23-09-2019, 12:26 PM
I have a horrible feeling that they will base it on the next 3 games, which is just delaying the inevitable.

This is what my gut was telling me last week. He will survive until the international break regardless of results and then theyll give themselves 2 weeks during the break to bring a manager in. I would be shocked if we arent drawing up some kind of shortlist right now. Lennon leaving was out the blue but this is something everyone could see coming since ibrox.

Scotty Leither
23-09-2019, 12:30 PM
What grinds my gears is that not even a predictable defeat from them, who were bottom of the league for a reason, has stirred anyone in the Boardroom from their torpor.

It seems to me that we've now got Petrie and Farmer mark 2 in the shape of Gordon and Paton.

2 Non-football guys who are utterly detached from the support, and seemingly just as unaccountable as the Teflon Don was.

BroxburnHibee
23-09-2019, 12:31 PM
If folk really want answers, rather than harass the social media person every time they have the temerity to put their head above the parapet, ask the Fans Reps on the Board something like what the targets were for this season and when the first review of them is.

You won't get an answer but folk are directing their rage at completely the wrong people so at least put the right folk on the spot. Not that I'm suggesting that anyone is anything other than civil to anyone from Hibs btw.

Exactly. Some of the Twitter comments are cringeworthy

TheMentalHibees
23-09-2019, 12:39 PM
There must be something going on in the background, it’s apparent to everyone that hecky is a dead man walking, defeats now so predictable that a home derby defeat to a rotten hearts team only got a mild booing. Find it hard to believe that it’s not also apparent to the people paid to make these decisions.

The silence from dempster is deafening. On the other side of the city you have Budge coming out swinging in defence of her failing manager. The fact we’re hearing absolutely nothing is as curious as it is concerning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack
23-09-2019, 12:39 PM
What grinds my gears is that not even a predictable defeat from them, who were bottom of the league for a reason, has stirred anyone in the Boardroom from their torpor.

It seems to me that we've now got Petrie and Farmer mark 2 in the shape of Gordon and Paton.

2 Non-football guys who are utterly detached from the support, and seemingly just as unaccountable as the Teflon Don was.

:agree:

For all the cult of ''Leeann'', arguably we are in at least as bad a position as we were when she agreed to take the job - at that time we had what looked a comfortable lead over the teams in relegation danger, unlike now, and we weren't saddled with the dross on long term contracts back then that we've got now.

One thing that hasn't changed it seems, is that it appears we've still got an absentee owner with little interest, this one's intentions & long term commitment being far from clear.

Club is a shambles at the moment.

steakbake
23-09-2019, 12:51 PM

Yes, Killie midweek, Celtic Saturday. Maybe the Aberdeen game and then empty before the international break.

silverhibee
23-09-2019, 12:55 PM

Top 4, European place and good runs in the cups.

Scotty Leither
23-09-2019, 12:57 PM
There must be something going on in the background, it’s apparent to everyone that hecky is a dead man walking, defeats now so predictable that a home derby defeat to a rotten hearts team only got a mild booing. Find it hard to believe that it’s not also apparent to the people paid to make these decisions.

The silence from dempster is deafening. On the other side of the city you have Budge coming out swinging in defence of her failing manager. The fact we’re hearing absolutely nothing is as curious as it is concerning.

This is exactly how Petrie behaved when the brown stuff frequently hit the fan - radio silence and treating the fans like we're thick...significantly David Forsyth still seems to be weaving his PR magic and I would've thought the new owner with his media and broadcasting background would be addressing that aspect of the business straight away, but maybe he's safely back in the States, but who knows anything that's going on at the club just now?

Pretty Boy
23-09-2019, 01:02 PM
It's odd because the reaction to yesterdays defeat and those in the preceding weeks on social media and the like has been absolutely poisonous. I'll hold my hands up and say I'm as guilty as anyone in joining in with it, I aimed some real vitriol at Heckingbottom and Hibs in general online last night. Yet at yesterdays game there was almost no reaction to the defeat; there was more anger aimed at the decision to sub Scott Allan v St Johnstone than there was to a derby defeat. It was almost eerily calm both in the last few minutes after their 2nd goal, at FT and then leaving the ground.

I'm sure Hibs are aware of the anger but I wonder if there is an element of dismissing it as a few mouthy folk online. I really expected things to get nasty yesterday but it was just a meek acceptance and an apathetic shrug of the shoulders. Maybe the board do need to see empty seats, STs not being used and folk baying for blood to really appreciate the depth of feeling against the current situation. I trust the fans reps will be highlighting the general mood at the upcoming scheduled board meeting and I hope those that make decisions are listening. It took years to get ST sales back to their current level, it will only take a few more weeks of this nonsense to see them plummet back to the 8/9K mark. A decisive decision now could salvage both the season and the hard work of the last 5 years.

staunchhibby
23-09-2019, 01:08 PM
If had not bought season ticket I for one would not pay to watch the rubbish we are dishing up. I have watched them home and away and abroad but enough is enough now

Hibernian32
23-09-2019, 01:18 PM
Catch him off guard we should all show up at EM tomorrow morning and not let him get out his car.

B.H.F.C
23-09-2019, 01:18 PM
It's odd because the reaction to yesterdays defeat and those in the preceding weeks on social media and the like has been absolutely poisonous. I'll hold my hands up and say I'm as guilty as anyone in joining in with it, I aimed some real vitriol at Heckingbottom and Hibs in general online last night. Yet at yesterdays game there was almost no reaction to the defeat; there was more anger aimed at the decision to sub Scott Allan v St Johnstone than there was to a derby defeat. It was almost eerily calm both in the last few minutes after their 2nd goal, at FT and then leaving the ground.

I'm sure Hibs are aware of the anger but I wonder if there is an element of dismissing it as a few mouthy folk online. I really expected things to get nasty yesterday but it was just a meek acceptance and an apathetic shrug of the shoulders. Maybe the board do need to see empty seats, STs not being used and folk baying for blood to really appreciate the depth of feeling against the current situation. I trust the fans reps will be highlighting the general mood at the upcoming scheduled board meeting and I hope those that make decisions are listening. It took years to get ST sales back to their current level, it will only take a few more weeks of this nonsense to see them plummet back to the 8/9K mark. A decisive decision now could salvage both the season and the hard work of the last 5 years.

This Saturday will be an eye opener for them in terms of unused season tickets. There will be plenty of them.

Wilson
23-09-2019, 01:19 PM
Catch him off guard we should all show up at EM tomorrow morning and not let him get out his car.

No point. He gets caught off guard every match day. Doesn't phase him...

Diclonius
23-09-2019, 01:34 PM
If not tomorrow then being clear at the bottom.

The Green Goblin
23-09-2019, 01:45 PM

The bit in bold - totally agree: that´s how I see it too.

madhatter
23-09-2019, 02:16 PM
I think their fates are linked. I may be wrong but the claims from Leeann about this being a “strong transfer window” are, for me, an attempt to alleviate pressure on herself and George Craig and the recruitment team as much as it is to give Paul time.

Let’s be honest Leeann and the club have experienced far too much credit for what they have done. If we were not a yo-yoing mess most of the time and if we hadn’t won the cup does anybody think she’d still be here, never mind heralded for the “successes”? I mean Stubbs was up for the sack before the cup win. I think Leeann was there with him tbh.

Club have never pushed on from a position of strength. Our club has been trying to but bizarrely away from football. Ron Gordon has confounded this. I honestly think the exuberance after the cup win has suggested to the club that they had exceeded expectations rather than met them. I think they thought there was time to look at other things. I think this arrogance spread to sponsorships and other things. Bizarre we’ve ended up with a shorts sponsor and not a paying shirt sponsor.

Think Heckingbottom leaving will see Leeann and George Craig leaving.

The Green Goblin
23-09-2019, 02:35 PM

Bit in bold: excellent point.

Barriers outside the West Stand yesterday, but no real need for them. That is just as worrying. I hold my hands up too - the folk I was with yesterday wanted to stay and protest. I honestly didn´t think it would make any difference - now I´m not so sure I got it right. It may well be the only thing which makes the board and the owner actually take notice. This will not be a popular next statement, and say what you like about them, but they were there in their hundreds outside Tynecastle last week and it took them doing that to get a response. with silence coming from the club, that is increasingly looking like an example to follow if we want to be taken seriously. The worst bit - if things were right, it shouldn´t take that kind of thing for them to bloody do something.

B.H.F.C
23-09-2019, 02:44 PM
I think their fates are linked. I may be wrong but the claims from Leeann about this being a “strong transfer window” are, for me, an attempt to alleviate pressure on herself and George Craig and the recruitment team as much as it is to give Paul time.

Said it earlier, the only reason for him still to be there is because the people who appointed him (and need to get rid of him) are trying to look after themselves.

I just can’t think of another reason for him not to be away yet. Whatever folks opinions on Dempster, she’s not stupid. She knows we’re in a bad way and she’ll know what the fans think. Which begs the question, why aren’t we doing anything about it?

douglashibs
23-09-2019, 02:50 PM
If he’s still here, a sea of empty season ticket seats shown on national television next Saturday would make a very strong statement. While costing the club nothing in terms of revenue.

Hector Mudflap
23-09-2019, 02:56 PM
Quite simple really. When is she going to act or what will be the final straw for her? Now, when it’s clear to every last one of us that this imposter and the dross he brought up with him are out of their depth? Or this weekend, when we’re out the League Cup and bottom of the league after being scudded by Celtic, or does she still hold off a bit longer until our attendances are back around the 10000 mark and we’re two points adrift going into the bottom six fixtures? Because that’s where we’re headed and we’ve seen this happen before.

We’ve got derbies struggling to sell out, unheard of in recent times. Folk on the forum saying their dad who’s watched Hibs sixty odd years just too bored to go, kids wanting to leave at half time of a derby, season ticket holders saying they won’t be going on Saturday. The support are so apathetic and disengaged with the current regime it’s frightening, Dempster will know this as she’s no naive or stupid and I’m sure she’ll even be looking at the forum so it’s absolutely astonishing she’s yet to act on it. There is absolute no way back for him and she knows it.

This appointment is single handedly taking us back to the times of Calderwood and Butcher. She has to act now as the current regime is single handedly destroying every bit of good work she’s done over the last 5 years and the relationship with the support.

Her legacy isn’t going to be based on the Scottish Cup win, if she doesn’t sack Heckingbottom and things keep ‘progressing’ at the current alarming rate, then that’s what she’ll be remembered by.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. The good vibes have gone and now I don't look forward to the weekend. Whats also very apparent in my own house is that neither of my two boys re wearing their tops to school/boxing or at the weekend. So for me that tells its own story. We are going backwards. I won't be back till he's gone. This from a guy who went through Butchers and (for me much worse) Calderwoods reign. Deeply saddened by what's coming from the club . I would like to see Stubbs back and given him some time to re-engage with the fans and bring the smiles back

Phil MaGlass
23-09-2019, 02:56 PM

This happens regularly in Holland, managers and teams accosted at training ground by angry fans.
Oh, I´m not saying do it of course.

Wilson
23-09-2019, 03:09 PM
This happens regularly in Holland, managers and teams accosted at training ground by angry fans.
Oh, I´m not saying do it of course.

I feel that we'd be in the wrong stopping a man from doing what he is perfectly entitled to do - turn up and try and do his job to the best of his ability.

Fair enough he is the wrong man. The results aren't good enough. But the protests have to be aimed at the people with the power to do anything about it.

The Leith Dutch
23-09-2019, 03:17 PM
I feel that we'd be in the wrong stopping a man from doing what he is perfectly entitled to do - turn up and try and do his job to the best of his ability.

Fair enough he is the wrong man. The results aren't good enough. But the protests have to be aimed at the people with the power to do anything about it.

Spot on.

I want him out the club asap but he isn't trying to get us into the position we're in. Protests need to be aimed at those who can sack him.

J-C
23-09-2019, 03:24 PM

For all the cult of ''Leeann'', arguably we are in at least as bad a position as we were when she agreed to take the job - at that time we had what looked a comfortable lead over the teams in relegation danger, unlike now, and we weren't saddled with the dross on long term contracts back then that we've got now.

One thing that hasn't changed it seems, is that it appears we've still got an absentee owner with little interest, this one's intentions & long term commitment being far from clear.

Club is a shambles at the moment.

You realise we had already been relegated by the time Leeann had taken over, her 1st job was to sack Butcher and appoint Craig and Stubbs. It was Rod's error into not doing anything before the inevitable drop, he left Leeann to clean up his mess.

Hibernian32
23-09-2019, 03:27 PM

Maybe not as far as what I originally said, but a shock protest outside EM early in the morning would send a big message out, he would see it so would the players. And I'm sure the phones of board members would be ringing, it could also maybe tip him over and just straight up quit.

I'm working all week starting 8am so count me out haha:na na:

Onion
23-09-2019, 04:12 PM
APATHY is real danger for Hibs right now. Hibs fans are not good at protesting loudly and in numbers, we're an accepting lot or we just disengage (other than the core 8k).

Problem is this could easily be perceived or presented as acceptance and patience by Dempster and the new owner, who have already suggested that those crying for PH's head are a lunatic fringe on His.net, maybe.

So could quite easily see a situation where LD and owner delay and delay and only act when it's too late, after a number of Hibs fans have disengaged or walked away and the team is adrift.

One last thought, for me (as an old guy who started following Hibs in the 70s) winning the Cup in 16 was a watershed moment, the end of a pilgrimage if you like. It doesn't and won't get any better than that. If Hibs went into a downward spiral and was mismanaged, I'd be much more inclined to walk away and find other things to do with my Saturdays than before. I've no wish to watch my beloved team (and living Legends like Hanlon, Stevenson etc) struggle under poor management and/or poor ownership. Might not be alone.

Springbank
23-09-2019, 04:56 PM
This Saturday will be an eye opener for them in terms of unused season tickets. There will be plenty of them.

It will be just short of 4000 in the away end and circa 5000 in the home end, I would wager

A lot of pies going uneaten

Sioux
23-09-2019, 04:58 PM

Maybe you've answered your own question. Social media is not the real world - 99% of the time.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-09-2019, 05:33 PM
Most people I know aren't even angry but, totally disillusioned with most things about the club just now (I'd include myself in this too).

emerald green
23-09-2019, 05:53 PM
The complete silence from those in charge at ER is alarming, yet in a way unsurprising.

I would agree with those who feel disillusioned. The supporters have been here before fairly recently, and they know what's coming unless prompt action is taken by the Board now before it's too late.

Walter
23-09-2019, 06:43 PM
It occurred to me that there haven't been any puns for a while.

If that's not a damming indictment of the depression around this club for Dempster to note then I don't know what could be more effective

BroxburnHibee
23-09-2019, 06:50 PM
So no action and not a peep about yesterday's result.

Feels like a great big **** you from her and I've always been a fan of hers.

mcfly
23-09-2019, 06:51 PM
Rather than complain on here

Has anyone contacted the club direct to voice their views

You may get a reply?

BroxburnHibee
23-09-2019, 06:54 PM

You may get a reply?

I think plenty people would've made Leeann well aware how they felt on Twitter.

madhatter
23-09-2019, 06:55 PM

You may get a reply?

Haha nice idea. You’ll never get a reply, it’d be treated like junk mail.

Hibernian32
23-09-2019, 06:57 PM

You may get a reply?
Anyone got Leeann's email ill try get him sacked tonight😭

Nakedmanoncrack
23-09-2019, 07:01 PM
You realise we had already been relegated by the time Leeann had taken over, her 1st job was to sack Butcher and appoint Craig and Stubbs. It was Rod's error into not doing anything before the inevitable drop, he left Leeann to clean up his mess.

''By the time she took over'', but not when she agreed to take the position, read back, that was the moment in time that I referred to.

J-C
23-09-2019, 07:04 PM
''By the time she took over'', but not when she agreed to take the position, read back, that was the moment in time that I referred to.

Sorry mate, misread your post, you are correct.

Peanut Shaz
23-09-2019, 07:15 PM
I've been going to games since the mid sixties and have had a season ticket for more years than I care to remember, even through the 'bad' years. Used to go to lots of away games but caring duties for an elderly parent curtailed that a bit in recent years. I can honestly say that this is probably the most apathetic I have been about Hibs...ever. The whole club is in freefall and needs someone to take control and stop the decline before it's too late. I honestly don't think I'll be there on Saturday and depending on what happens after that I will think long and hard about continuing to be taken for granted by the powers that be any more. Agree with an earlier poster that the Scottish Cup was my defining moment and that was all I ever wanted to see. Now I have maybe it doesn't matter so much now. If the club had kept us on an upward projection I would probably still be excited about everything, but quite frankly if they don't care, why shouuld I?

Heisenberg
23-09-2019, 09:49 PM
Ron giving him more time according to the Sun.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4755111/hibs-ron-gordon-paul-heckingbottom-more-time/

B.H.F.C
23-09-2019, 09:52 PM

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4755111/hibs-ron-gordon-paul-heckingbottom-more-time/

Think that’s just a totally made up article based on the fact he’s no been emptied yet. He’s getting more time in the sense that he’s getting the game on Wednesday, but if he keeps losing, time is going to run out.

Speedway
23-09-2019, 09:56 PM

Might as well have said that Bono has decided to give PH more time for all the accuracy or relevance of that article.

calumhibee1
23-09-2019, 09:56 PM
It will be just short of 4000 in the away end and circa 5000 in the home end, I would wager

A lot of pies going uneaten

There’s absolutely no chance that nearly 2/3 of season ticket holders aren’t turning up I’d say.

10k season ticket holders there with about 3k not bothering and next to no walk ups. Probably be 14k at the game or so I’d think.

Heisenberg
23-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Think that’s just a totally made up article based on the fact he’s no been emptied yet. He’s getting more time in the sense that he’s getting the game on Wednesday, but if he keeps losing, time is going to run out.

I think it’ll turn out to be pretty spot on for the foreseeable. If he was going anytime soon then today was the day. He’s clearly got their backing for the next few games, which is crazy.

23-09-2019, 10:05 PM
It is obvious that she won't sack him just now so if we lose against Killie and Celtic then the only answer is another protest and if the results are still as bad then the numbers protesting will soon grow...

This is the only way to get rid of the manager.. Attacking the board will result in swift action......

We shouldn't need to protest to make the board see that this isn't good enough. If the board think our current state is acceptable then they may as well pack their bags as well.

I love Leeann, I think shes done absolute wonders for the club over the last 5 years but as mentioned in the OP we are now in real danger of undoing so much of that good work and pulling us right back to the days of Calderwood, Butcher etc. where the morale is low, the crowds dwindling, watching garbage week in week out etc.

Get the manager out now and lets try lift the club again before more damage is done.

GreenCastle
23-09-2019, 10:13 PM
We shouldn't need to protest to make the board see that this isn't good enough. If the board think our current state is acceptable then they may as well pack their bags as well.

I love Leeann, I think shes done absolute wonders for the club over the last 5 years but as mentioned in the OP we are now in real danger of undoing so much of that good work and pulling us right back to the days of Calderwood, Butcher etc. where the morale is low, the crowds dwindling, watching garbage week in week out etc.

Get the manager out now and lets try lift the club again before more damage is done.

Yup - the board aren’t doing themselves any favours with the delay.

It’s basically the fans against the rest right now.

If the board acted it would take some pressure off themselves but longer they leave it I really don’t think it’s helping the fan base have much trust in them.

It’s good the fans all have similar views though and are sticking together having already flagging issues early in pre-season.

Bishop Hibee
23-09-2019, 10:16 PM
The only reason fans weren't going ballistic at the result on Sunday was they hoped it would see Heckingbottom punted. Lose to Kill on Wednesday and lose to Celtc on Saturday and the vitriol will make the St Johnstone game pelters seem like a picnic.

.Sean.
24-09-2019, 06:22 AM
There’s absolutely no chance that nearly 2/3 of season ticket holders aren’t turning up I’d say.

10k season ticket holders there with about 3k not bothering and next to no walk ups. Probably be 14k at the game or so I’d think.
Considering this time last year the game would have easily been 18, 19000+ that should say it all

GET HIM TO **** DEMPSTER

Coco Bryce
24-09-2019, 06:29 AM
I think it’ll turn out to be pretty spot on for the foreseeable. If he was going anytime soon then today was the day. He’s clearly got their backing for the next few games, which is crazy.

With this clown still here, 5 off us (season ticket holders) who sit together will not be back.

Disgusted he wasn't removed from his post yesterday :grr:

What an absolute shambles our club has become.

jacomo
24-09-2019, 06:41 AM

Leeann spoke to Hibs tv last week.

Budgie issues her incoherent “statements”... no thanks.

Heisenberg
24-09-2019, 06:51 AM
Leeann spoke to Hibs tv last week.

Budgie issues her incoherent “statements”... no thanks.

Did she? Last interview I have seen her do was before Motherwell.

jacomo
24-09-2019, 07:11 AM
Did she? Last interview I have seen her do was before Motherwell.

Ah, maybe I have got that wrong.

Still, I’d take her approach over the good doctor any day.

The Leith Dutch
24-09-2019, 07:29 AM
I'm not interested in any response that isn't action.
They'd be on a hiding to nothing if they did anyway.

I think apologising for the results or the dreaded "vote of confidence" are both utterly pointless.
He's either still in charge (in which case the management expect him to turn it around or are working on his replacement) or he's fired.

Option one I expect silence.
Option two I expect a statement with the usual platitudes and some details about how replacing him will work.

The criticism of those running the club I'd have isn't that they haven't said anything.
It's that they haven't replaced PH - no need for personal stuff there, there's just no way he turns this around so why wait?

Alex Trager
24-09-2019, 07:35 AM

I think apologising for the results or the dreaded "vote of confidence" are both utterly pointless.
He's either still in charge (in which case the management expect him to turn it around or are working on his replacement) or he's fired.

Option two I expect a statement with the usual platitudes and some details about how replacing him will work.

The criticism of those running the club I'd have isn't that they haven't said anything.
It's that they haven't replaced PH - no need for personal stuff there, there's just no way he turns this around so why wait?

Spot on.

The longer the wait to sack him goes on the worse a position we will be in.

Let’s get him out now, then start the process bringing the new guy in in time for the international break which will give him plenty time to get going.

Lets make sure that whoever comes in gets hibs. This guy does not get us. Subsequently he has brought in players who don’t get us. They don’t care. And that continually shows

The Leith Dutch
24-09-2019, 07:53 AM
Spot on.

Let’s get him out now, then start the process bringing the new guy in in time for the international break which will give him plenty time to get going.

Lets make sure that whoever comes in gets hibs. This guy does not get us. Subsequently he has brought in players who don’t get us. They don’t care. And that continually shows

Totally agree on the bit in bold.
Marvin Bartley was a good example of someone who "got Hibs" for me.

I'd also suggest that we need a manager with a reputation.
For all it ended badly with NL we had the vibe of a big club while he was here.
I think it gets you different players in too.

While I don't discount the fact that some young managers have done well for us the Hibs manager job isn't for me a job to earn your stripes at.
That goes double now where, whoever comes in, is going to have to mold the players we currently have on the books into a decent unit who can pick up some points.

Peevemor
24-09-2019, 07:58 AM

Exactly how I see it. :agree:

Pretty Boy
24-09-2019, 08:00 AM
Are we to take from David Hardie in the EEN today that it's no longer Dempster who is making that decision?

The tone certainly implies that it is Ron Gordon who needs to be convinced that a change has to be made. I understand people will be sceptical about a similar story in The Sun but Hardie is not going to jeopardise the the ties he has at ER for the sake of making something up.

BILLYHIBS
24-09-2019, 08:05 AM
Spot on.

He does not “get hibs “ or has he made any effort to engage with the fans

Think John Doolan he totally got us and ending up loving our club

I said on another thread that I feared the worst the way he lined us up against Celtic at Easter Road in the Scottish Cup surrendering territory and giving Scott Brown the freedom of Easter Road and waiting on the inevitable goal from a team that was there for the taking imho

Expect more of the same on Saturday

If I was not a ST holder it would not be £32 of my money

Irish-Hibee
24-09-2019, 10:30 AM
I think they will wait until after the aberdeen game. Which to be honest, kinda makes sense. If they sack him now it's too close to the Killie game and then the new manager will have Celtic and Aberdeen for his first two games.
Sack him after we inevitably lose those games and the new manager has a decent run of Hamiltom, Ross County and Livi

The 90+2
24-09-2019, 10:32 AM
Ah, maybe I have got that wrong.

Still, I’d take her approach over the good doctor any day.

Wasn’t her approach to boast we had a brilliant transfer window and the HC knows what he’s doing?

The 90+2
24-09-2019, 10:33 AM
I think they will wait until after the aberdeen game. Which to be honest, kinda makes sense. If they sack him now it's too close to the Killie game and then the new manager will have Celtic and Aberdeen for his first two games.
Sack him after we inevitably lose those games and the new manager has a decent run of Hamiltom, Ross County and Livi

Sack him now. Caretakers in until the Aberdeen game is the most sensible way of doing things. Gives us a good two weeks to get the new man in and ready for two massive games against Ross County and Hamilton.

Scotty Leither
24-09-2019, 11:43 AM
Get rid now and give Daz and Dave Gray the gig until the new guy comes in.

Oh, and don't let Eddie May within 100 miles of the dugout, we've already got one guy in there who doesn't want the job and is working his ticket and that's feeding the negative mood around the club and onto the players.

hibsbollah
24-09-2019, 12:07 PM
To think Sauzee only got 69 days, sacked before he got a chance to turn it around. How long does PH get I wonder?

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-09-2019, 12:10 PM
To think Sauzee only got 69 days, sacked before he got a chance to turn it around. How long does PH get I wonder?

That's a fair point.

BILLYHIBS
24-09-2019, 12:21 PM

Oh, and don't let Eddie May within 100 miles of the dugout, we've already got one guy in there who doesn't want the job and is working his ticket and that's feeding the negative mood around the club and onto the players.
😁

Loved Eddie May as a player but as a stand in Manager he was even more uninspiring than Heckingbottom if that is at all possible

madhatter
24-09-2019, 12:25 PM
There is an inevitability about Hibs, sadly it’s got nothing but bad connotations.

- Hibs looking likely to be beat by all teams in same league, and dare I say it, probably a few teams in the Championship.
- Head Coach that cannot buy a win looking likely for the sack.
- Leeann and George Craig likely putting this down to a “bedding in” period due to a large turnover of players. Some of the turnover due to poor decision making by our head coach, some irony in that when he criticises players for poor decision making...
- Ron Gordon, the new owner, looking likely to follow his predecessors in erecting nice buildings.
- Ron Gordon likely to ask Hibs fans to fund new building.
- Club more likely to hold current fans in contempt. We are already being treated at an arms length, really cannot fathom how subscribers to a club TV service don’t get the minimum of a pre and post match interview...

Club are in a bad way. Poor communication is not helping the club one bit. Even a guy like Tom Zanelli is a massive loss to the club. Mundane is the word I’d use for the club at the moment.

jacomo
24-09-2019, 12:30 PM
Wasn’t her approach to boast we had a brilliant transfer window and the HC knows what he’s doing?

Yes and I disagree with her, but if she says anything else it’s obviously over. As soon as a manager loses the public confidence of the board they are finished.

I can understand why LD might think it’s better not to say anything right now... in fact I see this as a positive sign that change is coming soon.

The 90+2
24-09-2019, 12:33 PM
There is an inevitability about Hibs, sadly it’s got nothing but bad connotations.

- Hibs looking likely to be beat by all teams in same league, and dare I say it, probably a few teams in the Championship.
- Head Coach that cannot buy a win looking likely for the sack.
- Leeann and George Craig likely putting this down to a “bedding in” period due to a large turnover of players. Some of the turnover due to poor decision making by our head coach, some irony in that when he criticises players for poor decision making...
- Ron Gordon, the new owner, looking likely to follow his predecessors in erecting nice buildings.
- Ron Gordon likely to ask Hibs fans to fund new building.
- Club more likely to hold current fans in contempt. We are already being treated at an arms length, really cannot fathom how subscribers to a club TV service don’t get the minimum of a pre and post match interview...

Club are in a bad way. Poor communication is not helping the club one bit. Even a guy like Tom Zanelli is a massive loss to the club. Mundane is the word I’d use for the club at the moment.

If his plan is to get the fans to pony up he will firstly need to get the support on side. A good way to start this would be to empty the clown and find a new manager and empty the football department while he’s at it. The club in all many aspects have went backwards over the past two years, all the good work looks to be undone.

The 90+2
24-09-2019, 12:34 PM
Yes and I disagree with her, but if she says anything else it’s obviously over. As soon as a manager loses the public confidence of the board they are finished.

I can understand why LD might think it’s better not to say anything right now... in fact I see this as a positive sign that change is coming soon.

👍

WhileTheChief..
24-09-2019, 01:06 PM
I’m assuming that the silence is down to them being in talks about a pay-off.

I’d also assume that the search for the new guy has begun.

It’s obvious that his time is up, just the formalities to go through.

JimBHibees
24-09-2019, 01:10 PM
Are we to take from David Hardie in the EEN today that it's no longer Dempster who is making that decision?

The tone certainly implies that it is Ron Gordon who needs to be convinced that a change has to be made. I understand people will be sceptical about a similar story in The Sun but Hardie is not going to jeopardise the the ties he has at ER for the sake of making something up.

Wonder if that is indicating both not on same page. Strange one.

sean04
24-09-2019, 01:11 PM
When the business side of the club takes a hit. When the fans decide there no going this week. Put an exciting team on the park you will have 18500/19k every week there. Put another garbage side on the park you will be down to the 13k. Massive financial implications

Torto7
24-09-2019, 01:12 PM

Do you know if those two have their badges? Would they be allowed by the league to take charge?

The 90+2
24-09-2019, 01:14 PM

Probably no, he’s just done his interview blaming the players.

WhileTheChief..
24-09-2019, 01:41 PM
Probably no, he’s just done his interview blaming the players.

Seriously? I thought he'd have been back down south by now!! Grim.

The 90+2
24-09-2019, 02:25 PM
Seriously? I thought he'd have been back down south by now!! Grim.

Yep. Same approach for tomorrow night and hopefully we can take a lot of Sundays performance into the Killie game.

GreenCastle
24-09-2019, 02:43 PM
Ticket sales
Club Merchandise
Hospitality

Plus prize money / ticket sales for semi final (Old Firm will sell out their ends ) of League Cup Semi Finals.

If they don't realise these are all at stake the longer this continues then serious questions need asked about the leadership of the club.

A new manager before the Kille game would have given the players a boost and even helped pay off Hecky - instead we are looking for a double whammy of losing ££ and pay off.

A Hi-Bee
24-09-2019, 04:14 PM
I can only see the downward spiral from the dizzy heights we reached just a few years ago, the buck stops wi her and she needs to act now.

Brooster
25-09-2019, 06:44 AM
I can only see the downward spiral from the dizzy heights we reached just a few years ago, the buck stops wi her and she needs to act now.

LD doesn't want to sack PH whilst RG does. That's what I'm hearing, whether that is true or not I'm not sure.

Steven79
25-09-2019, 07:00 AM
LD doesn't want to sack PH whilst RG does. That's what I'm hearing, whether that is true or not I'm not sure.

She may end up sacked herself then...

Paisley Hibby
25-09-2019, 07:07 AM

This is what I think too - it also makes sense not to have the new manager's first two league games against Celtic and Aberdeen. They are dead rubbers from our point of view. It remains to be seen whether a new manager can get anything out of the third rate players Heck has signed and if he can it'll take time.

we are hibs
25-09-2019, 07:42 AM

Well maybe he should grow a set. Hes her boss.

hibee-boys
25-09-2019, 07:56 AM
I can only imagine that the search has begun for a new boss, or at least initial discussions around a potential replacement. No way were the club going to sack a manager a couple of days before a cup tie nor land a new manager with Celtic at home! 'When' we get beat tonight he'll go, with an interim coach taking the reigns until a new manager is appointed.

Carheenlea
25-09-2019, 08:44 AM
Given how long it took between Lennon being suspended, then leaving to appointing a Paul Heckingbottom, what makes people think that we could have a new manager appointed in time for Celtic or even Aberdeen?
If Heckingbottom was sacked tomorrow mornings we’d be lucky if we have a new man in place by the time the international break is done.

we are hibs
25-09-2019, 09:00 AM
Given how long it took between Lennon being suspended, then leaving to appointing a Paul Heckingbottom, what makes people think that we could have a new manager appointed in time for Celtic or even Aberdeen?
If Heckingbottom was sacked tomorrow mornings we’d be lucky if we have a new man in place by the time the international break is done.

The lennon situation came out of the blue. Thats why it took so long to replace him. This has been coming since ibrox and the hibs board should be prepared for it happening.

Not sure anyone expects anyone else in charge for celtic or aberdeen either but a caretaker for those games would suffice when expectations for those 2 matches are so low and no one expects anything other than 2 defeats.

Steve-O
25-09-2019, 09:35 AM

A loss of 3 or more tonight I say

Lago
25-09-2019, 11:16 AM
Don't think he'll be going anytime soon

makaveli1875
25-09-2019, 11:21 AM
Don't think he'll be going anytime soon

Have to agree, we've got a couple of months of utter misery ahead before the board take action

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 11:46 AM
Have to agree, we've got a couple of months of utter misery ahead before the board take action

By that time Dempster will have lost the backing of the support too.

Lago
25-09-2019, 12:07 PM
By that time Dempster will have lost the backing of the support too.

Don't you think that has already begun to happen?

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 12:10 PM
Don't you think that has already begun to happen?

Yep. It’s only going to further south the longer she persists with the beach coach in charge.