PDA

View Full Version : Question - Darren Mcgregor and David Gray

GonzoReturns
23-09-2019, 12:03 PM
Is it too early to be looking/talking about those two to be taking over from the current management team?

I’ve no idea where they both are regarding coaching badges and whether they would be interested or not etc but on the basis they received long term deals, surely part of that rationale must have been with regards possible management succession planning.

Again I’ve no idea their relationship but they get the club they know what it means. Joint management seems to be working for Ross County.

madhatter
23-09-2019, 12:07 PM
Far too early. Don’t think either are management material either. Coaches fair enough, management I can’t see it.

We should look at a foreign manager in my opinion. One able to create and cultivate a football identity.

biotech
23-09-2019, 12:10 PM
With Stubbs as Director of Football!

we are hibs
23-09-2019, 12:12 PM
I seen on twitter that darren mcgregor was absolutely fuming after the game outside the west stand.

Jack Ferrigan
23-09-2019, 12:14 PM
Is it too early to be looking/talking about those two to be taking over from the current management team?

I’ve no idea where they both are regarding coaching badges and whether they would be interested or not etc but on the basis they received long term deals, surely part of that rationale must have been with regards possible management succession planning.

Again I’ve no idea their relationship but they get the club they know what it means. Joint management seems to be working for Ross County.

I wouldn't dismiss it. It would certainly bring passion into the team and more dig and fight onto the defensive set up.
Hibs are not as far away as some say from being a decent team. A couple of decent results and confidence will build. I'd give them their chance while we can still rescue something from this season.

.Sean.
23-09-2019, 12:16 PM
I seen on twitter that darren mcgregor was absolutely fuming after the game outside the west stand.
Seen that too. Shambles was his description

Eaststand
23-09-2019, 12:17 PM

I've had that same thought mate and I'd say it must be worth considering.
Our board need to take some action ASAP to arrest this slide.

GGTTH

Bright_Hibee
23-09-2019, 12:20 PM
Yes, far too early for both! Not even worth debating.

Bukta#8
23-09-2019, 12:24 PM
Our last 2 cup winning managers are currently unemployed, I would love to see either take up the post till the season end and let’s see what develops

WillowbraeHibby
23-09-2019, 12:24 PM
With Stubbs as Director of Football!

This for me... Guys that know what Hibs are all about, and know how the support want th
eir football played..

Bangkok Hibby
23-09-2019, 12:31 PM

Been thinking about this all day. I'd agree it's too early to be taking over but I bet between them they could do a bloody good job temporarily until a manager can be found.

wookie70
23-09-2019, 12:36 PM
We need them back in the team. Their absence is one of the reason we lack heart and leadership on the pitch

hibee_girl
23-09-2019, 12:52 PM
Been thinking about this all day. I'd agree it's too early to be taking over but I bet between them they could do a bloody good job temporarily until a manager can be found.

I actually agree with this. Think they’d be fine to tide us over until we get a new manager.

At least they’d know who should be playing where!

Lago
23-09-2019, 01:01 PM
This for me... Guys that know what Hibs are all about, and know how the support want th
eir football played..

Your falling into the "Sauzee" trap, ruined his Hibs legacy for all time.

GonzoReturns
23-09-2019, 01:34 PM

Agreed

The Green Goblin
23-09-2019, 01:42 PM
I have to say I´m astounded at the suggestion that two of our current players - who have zero managerial experience - should be given the role and will somehow magically turn things around. Seriously, what are folk drinking these days? because I want some.. :greengrin

Appointing a man with insufficient knowledge and an unproven track record of winning or succeeding or evolving is what´s landed us where we are. And people want to do that again to solve it?

kaimendhibs
23-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Temporary position till experienced boss takes over

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

GonzoReturns
23-09-2019, 01:48 PM
I have to say I´m astounded at the suggestion that two of our current players - who have zero managerial experience - should be given the role and will somehow magically turn things around. Seriously, what are folk drinking these days? because I want some.. :greengrin

Appointing a man with insufficient knowledge and an unproven track record of winning or succeeding or evolving is what´s landed us where we are. And people want to do that again to solve it?

😂😂😂

southsider
23-09-2019, 02:22 PM

Hibs dont employ managers. We employ a Head Coach to run the first team. D & D would be worth a shot. Can do any worse than Hecky The Clown.

The Green Goblin
23-09-2019, 02:38 PM
Hibs dont employ managers. We employ a Head Coach to run the first team. D & D would be worth a shot. Can do any worse than Hecky The Clown.

Zero coaching experience then. :aok:

We need someone in who knows what they are doing and has a track record of doing it well.

The Green Goblin
23-09-2019, 02:39 PM
😂😂😂

Cheers for that very helpful addition to the discussion.

lyonhibs
23-09-2019, 02:55 PM

Mad isn't it?

This instinctive reaction for people who are "passionate" above and beyond any sane analysis of what's needed to take us forward is worrying, if not partly understandable.

CloudSquall
23-09-2019, 03:05 PM
It's a no from me, I don't want a repeat of the Sauzee situation where we throw an inexperienced manager in at the deep end.

GonzoReturns
23-09-2019, 03:15 PM
Cheers for that very helpful addition to the discussion.

I was laughing at your drink comment.

Baader
23-09-2019, 03:16 PM
We need them back in the team. Their absence is one of the reason we lack heart and leadership on the pitch

Agree completely. I wouldn't give them the management gig yet, it's too early and too difficult but they are a huge miss in the team. McGregor just would not have allowed that to happen yesterday.

The Green Goblin
23-09-2019, 03:33 PM
I was laughing at your drink comment.

Sorry mate. My bad. Bit tense after yesterday. Peace.

GonzoReturns
23-09-2019, 03:34 PM
Sorry mate. My bad. Bit tense after yesterday. Peace.

👍👍I wasn’t clear sorry mate.

The Green Goblin
23-09-2019, 07:00 PM
👍👍I wasn’t clear sorry mate.

No worries. Sorry about that - following Hibs eh? :greengrin

Glory Lurker
23-09-2019, 07:10 PM
Your falling into the "Sauzee" trap, ruined his Hibs legacy for all time.

I would be really worried about them doing it for this very reason.

Edit: don't think Sauzee 's legacy was ruined, I should add.

WhileTheChief..
23-09-2019, 07:16 PM
I’d have McGregor as manager over PH.

CMac1988
23-09-2019, 07:34 PM
On the pitch yes... In the dugout managing? Not for me. At least not yet.

I'm not opposed to Stubbs coming back with Doolan and Holden again if available. Short term contracts to the end of the season with a view to keeping them on if they come good again and can get us back on track.

Brooster
23-09-2019, 07:37 PM
I dont have any issue with Gray and McGregor coming in now.

Scouse Hibee
24-09-2019, 05:49 AM
People stating that Hecky should never have got the job, was the wrong candidate, then suggest these two for it! Totally bizarre, they should be nowhere near the job, at least Hecky had management experience......or at least I think he did 😂

Jones28
24-09-2019, 06:03 AM
The last time club legends took over as manager what happened?

Greenworld
24-09-2019, 08:00 AM
100% not both of them need to get fit and be in the squad.
We need someone in who knows the Scottish game who can set the team out in their correct positions.
Who can get another 10% out of players through motivation alone.
There are plenty out there available which could be argued they are available for a reason and a few working who would be interesting.
Whoever comes in will have to work with what we have until xmas window opens.
So a motivator is imperative short term a good guy bad guy so I wonder about a combination.

Alan Stubbs needs to have Doolan

John Collins with yogi as assistant

John Robertson and yogi ( interesting)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk