PDA

View Full Version : He's going to get till Christmas, isn't he..

California-Hibs
23-09-2019, 10:04 AM
I'm like everyone else in wanting him out the building pronto! However, the sad thing is is that deep down we just know that we aren't going to sack him when in the boards eyes he only had the last 14 games last season and only the first 6 league games this season.... even though the signs are clear for all to see and the writing's on the wall big time!

To think he signed a 3.5 year contract aswel! That'll play a big role also in the boards reluctance to sack him.

Absolutely grim times!

The 90+2
23-09-2019, 10:05 AM
I think he will be gone after Aberdeen.

sean04
23-09-2019, 10:07 AM
I'm like everyone else in wanting him out the building pronto! However, the sad thing is is that deep down we just know that we aren't going to sack him when in the boards eyes he only had the last 14 games last season and only the first 6 league games this season.... even though the signs are clear for all to see and the writing's on the wall big time!

To think he signed a 3.5 year contract aswel! That'll play a big role also in the boards reluctance to sack him.

Absolutely grim times!

I don’t think his pay off is that substantial. Appleton deal supposedly went south cos he wanted his contract paid up if he was sacked and Hibs were only giving him 3months wages. Can’t imagine Hibs would have to pay Heckys full contract

My_Wife_Camille
23-09-2019, 10:14 AM
Before Aberdeen, after Celtic

Heisenberg
23-09-2019, 10:15 AM

Agree with that.

The 90+2
23-09-2019, 10:16 AM

What would be the point in waiting for a loss against Celtic? International break would be the best time if they aren’t sacking him today.

My_Wife_Camille
23-09-2019, 10:17 AM
What would be the point in waiting for a loss against Celtic? International break would be the best time if they aren’t sacking him today.
What was the point in keeping him since Rangers away?

Weegreenman
23-09-2019, 10:17 AM

If we see enough empty seats against Celtic, I think that would send a clear message to the club.

sean04
23-09-2019, 10:18 AM
Eddie may and grant Murray to the rescue for a few weeks

The 90+2
23-09-2019, 10:20 AM
What was the point in keeping him since Rangers away?

Fk knows.

jacomo
23-09-2019, 10:22 AM
His days are surely numbered now.

At an absolute minimum, you’d expect our HC to be stopping us leaking so many goals, but he’s not even doing that. Instead he is blaming the players week after week.

If we wait until Christmas we will be adrift and in a proper relegation battle.

Pretty Boy
23-09-2019, 10:23 AM
If he gets until Christmas then relegation becomes a serious possibility.

So far we have beaten one bottom 6 team, lost to the team who until yesterday were bottom of the league, drew with the team currently bottom of the league, were comprehensively beaten by the teams in 4th and 7th respectively and were blown away by the team currently 2nd in the league.

It's hard to argue with any conviction that we are in a false position. We are exactly where our results suggest that we should be. We need to make a change immediately.

Greenworld
23-09-2019, 10:23 AM
What would be the point in waiting for a loss against Celtic? International break would be the best time if they aren’t sacking him today.100% there no point in prolonging this it over for heckingbottom and a few others at Hibs now

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
23-09-2019, 10:24 AM

I’ve a feeling McGregor will be involved in some way

madhatter
23-09-2019, 10:25 AM
:boo hoo: I’m actually just entirely fed up with Hibs. Hate it but I’m thinking about saving petrol money until he’s gone and we actually hear what Ron plan is. Club are driving the fans away.

SiinDubai
I hope he’s gone by the time I’ve had lunch today !!

Greenworld
Eddie may and grant Murray to the rescue for a few weeksEddie May is hopeless this needs a quick turnaround plenty out there we can get in now

turn and burn
23-09-2019, 10:28 AM
After the inevitable happens though, we're left with the absolute dross he brought in!

Ardenttwo
23-09-2019, 10:29 AM

Absolutely grim times!

When our team is playing home games in front of 7,000 or 8,000 fans in the stadium the board will definitely act. It seems the only logical situation that will move him out

RoxburghHibs
23-09-2019, 10:31 AM
For me it's just a matter of when he goes not if he goes.

So now is the perfect time to bring someone new in.

We have three tough fixtures in front of us (Killie A, Celtic H and Aberdeen A) which would allow a new manager to come in under relatively low pressure/expectations to deliver. However if we wait until after these, and a new manager arrives and we are bottom of the league, and he has games against Hamilton and Ross County the pressure will be on him to deliver straightaway.

B.H.F.C
23-09-2019, 10:34 AM
I have a horrible feeling that he won’t be going anywhere any time soon. The malaise around the club isn’t dissimilar to 5 or 6 years ago. The people who came in and sorted that are now guilty of letting it go back to how it was. Shameful.

The 90+2
23-09-2019, 10:41 AM
After the inevitable happens though, we're left with the absolute dross he brought in!

Loan them all back to English Vauxhall Conf in January.

1 8 7 5
23-09-2019, 10:48 AM
Where are the headlines that we've sacked him?????

Ridiculous from Hibernian!!

Persevere80
23-09-2019, 10:56 AM
It's time to go. I can see us getting knocked out the cup and lose to celtic. We could potentially got bottom if St Johnstone beat Motherwell. We cant go much lower than that!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Gloucester Hibs
23-09-2019, 11:00 AM
No way he'll last until Christmas. When's the AGM? Guaranteed he'll be gone before that.

worcesterhibby
23-09-2019, 11:04 AM
I think we need to realise that this will be Ron's Call not Leanne's. There is now way that she will be allowed to sack the manager unless the new owner agrees. It will be interesting to see how Ron plays things. I suspect he will want to have a replacement lined up before he pulls the trigger.

GO on Ron...dig deep..get David Moyes and give him a budget.

Steven79
23-09-2019, 11:16 AM
I think we need to realise that this will be Ron's Call not Leanne's. There is now way that she will be allowed to sack the manager unless the new owner agrees. It will be interesting to see how Ron plays things. I suspect he will want to have a replacement lined up before he pulls the trigger.

GO on Ron...dig deep..get David Moyes and give him a budget.

David Moyes? Bloody hell...

Lester B
23-09-2019, 11:18 AM

True but even a half decent manager, with some idea of how to set up a team would get more out of the squad than he has. It's far from the best squad we've ever had but it's better than some of the stuff we've had to endure over the years. Under PH good players look average and average players look poor.

Chorley Hibee
23-09-2019, 11:33 AM
Eddie May is hopeless this needs a quick turnaround plenty out there we can get in now

Agreed, he should be another one for the exit door.

makaveli1875
23-09-2019, 11:38 AM
Hecky now the favourate for 1st sacking of the season but he won't be gone anytime soon. We're plummeting yo the bottom of the league and Hecky hasn't got a clue how to stop it, everyone can see the car crash slowly unfolding, except the board it would seem. Just have to hope they act before it's too late.

GreenCastle
23-09-2019, 11:47 AM
These fair players aren't up for the fight either.

If he wants to get points he may as well make us hard to beat and stop conceding goals.

Play 2 holding midfielders (will have to be youth) and stop the huge gaps that seem to appear every game.

Similar to a few years ago....doesn't feel like we will score many. When we concede - we rarely concede just 1 goal and it feels like no way back due to lack of character and leadership / quality.

When we got relegated in 2013/14 we had 14 points after 9 games.

This season we will probably have 4 points after 9 games.

The 90+2
23-09-2019, 11:47 AM
Hecky now the favourate for 1st sacking of the season but he won't be gone anytime soon. We're plummeting yo the bottom of the league and Hecky hasn't got a clue how to stop it, everyone can see the car crash slowly unfolding, except the board it would seem. Just have to hope they act before it's too late.

Got a link to the odds mate?

Speedway
23-09-2019, 11:52 AM
The only straw I'm clutching at is that we're doing a deal for his replacement before emptying him.

Hibbyradge
23-09-2019, 11:55 AM
Fk knows.

Who is FK?

And if he/she knows, they should tell us cos it f***ing baffles me.

Man sent off so take off a midfielder and put on a striker. Mad.

Gloucester Hibs
23-09-2019, 12:11 PM
The only straw I'm clutching at is that we're doing a deal for his replacement before emptying him.

That would be nice, similar to what recently happened at Watford, announce PH's departure then an hour later announce his replacement :greengrin

Here’s Lucy!
23-09-2019, 12:20 PM
We would be just as well emptying him today instead of waiting. There is next to no chance of taking anything from Celtic or Aberdeen, so why delay his departure?

He should have been handed his jotters after the Ibrox debacle, in my opinion.

Yesterday surely was the final straw?

The sooner he’s gone the better, the season is still young and definitely can be saved.

Just go Paul, let Hibs get back to being Hibs and not this shadow of ourselves you have turned us into.

mcfly
23-09-2019, 12:57 PM
He had to be asked why he released 2 defensive midfielders and replaced them with vela - omg that guy is so weak willed it’s pathetic

However there is no point just moaning on here.

If you want him out you either protest after the games (team must be backed during the game) or you don’t go.

Empty seats is a clear way for the board to know that season tickets fir next year or half season tickets won’t be bought

badabing67
23-09-2019, 02:52 PM
They need to get PHB out asap and get someone in by the start of the second quarter we need to start trying to save our season now. Otherwise where are we gonna be

Captain Trips
23-09-2019, 03:24 PM
We should be sitting 3rd/4th just now pressing for that euro spot from day 1. Not arrogance but really based on the tools PH was given in the summer and the players already at the club he really had some decent foundations to build on that and have us putting dross like that Hearts side away. Time and time again we are playing with it looks like fear or a team that will be lucky to even get a point. I do not see an urgency or a passion to take the game to the opposition its like he has set up to play Real Madrid.

Hibs should not be 2nd bottom with a GD of -10 at this juncture. Add into that some of the defeats before yesterday have been simply shocking. It is totally unacceptable to be in this position with the squad that could have been built we do not even know how good any of them are he signed as never plays them. This needs sorted and right away we haven't been unlucky we haven't just missed out we have been very very poor.

hibsbollah
23-09-2019, 03:31 PM
He'll be gone after the mauling we will get from Celtic. I don't think it's out of the question that he'll be gone this week either.

Irish-Hibee
23-09-2019, 04:00 PM
I think the dwindling attendances will be a major factor in him getting the boot! We failed to sell out a derby for the first time in a long time and although it was close to being full I can I imagine anyone wanting to fork out £32 to watch Celtic hammer us or to watch a glamour tie against Ross County or Livingston!

scuttle
23-09-2019, 04:04 PM
He'll be gone after the mauling we will get from Celtic. I don't think it's out of the question that he'll be gone this week either.

Add to that out the cup at Kilmarnock then pumped by Aberdeen and surely its ta ta

Lago
23-09-2019, 04:09 PM
I have a horrible feeling that he won’t be going anywhere any time soon. The malaise around the club isn’t dissimilar to 5 or 6 years ago. The people who came in and sorted that are now guilty of letting it go back to how it was. Shameful.

Agree.

Dolce7
23-09-2019, 04:22 PM
We all have to take a step back here making rash decisions is not the answer obviously if performances don’t improve once we have played every team once then the time is to act

BoomtownHibees
23-09-2019, 04:27 PM
We all have to take a step back here making rash decisions is not the answer obviously if performances don’t improve once we have played every team once then the time is to act

Rash decisions?? Have you watched any of our games this season?? Genuinely, any at all?

Baader
23-09-2019, 04:30 PM
We would be just as well emptying him today instead of waiting. There is next to no chance of taking anything from Celtic or Aberdeen, so why delay his departure?

He should have been handed his jotters after the Ibrox debacle, in my opinion.

Yesterday surely was the final straw?

The sooner he’s gone the better, the season is still young and definitely can be saved.

Just go Paul, let Hibs get back to being Hibs and not this shadow of ourselves you have turned us into.

Agree with everything you say. I don't understand what the board are waiting for. Should have been bulleted today.

The 90+2
23-09-2019, 04:50 PM

What are you on about were completely ****ing *****.

Coco Bryce
23-09-2019, 04:56 PM

Wow! just wow!

We are brutal and getting worse instead of better.

Liberal Hibby
23-09-2019, 05:04 PM
Is the question will it make a difference to Wednesday's result to get rid beforehand?

It's one of only two competitions we have any chance of winning and progression is financially important. I don't think it will make any difference to go there without a manager, but Leann and Ron may think differently.

Springbank
23-09-2019, 05:07 PM
I think the dwindling attendances will be a major factor in him getting the boot! We failed to sell out a derby for the first time in a long time and although it was close to being full I can I imagine anyone wanting to fork out £32 to watch Celtic hammer us or to watch a glamour tie against Ross County or Livingston!

PH and Robbie Stockdale would do well to look at the 'after Hibs' managerial careers of calderwood & butcher

Fail as badly at Hibs as these boys are (top4/5 budget producing a playoff place 11th best team in a weak league) and you begin to see this as the end of their careers

After Leeds I thought the board had appointed a hungry manager with a burning desire to prove a success.

Right now looks like they appointed an arrogant man with a strange lack of passion & a tendency to just point the finger at others.

Can he motivate a team at rugby park this midweek?

It might be the last cup quarter final of his career

Theres a thought youd hope would fire him up...

emerald green
23-09-2019, 05:36 PM
I read somewhere recently that around six years ago, a Hearts team sitting bottom of the league table, came to Easter Road and won 1-0 (it may have been a league cup tie). The following day, Pat Fenlon resigned.

My first thought on reading was a) it's a disgrace that this has happened twice in a six year period, and b) Heckingbottom should do the same as Fenlon.

In any event, the Board cannot allow things to continue like this any longer. It will be too late by Christmas. The writing is on the wall. Loud and clear.

Paisley Hibby
23-09-2019, 05:41 PM

Maybe the delay is because they have refused to step up as they'd have to work with the garbage he's signed??

DH1875
23-09-2019, 06:17 PM

A 2/3 nil win for Kilmarnock followed up by a hammering at home to Celtic and he will be gone IMO. We can lose to celtic by all means but if we just camp in and they score a barrel load he's gotta be finished.

loanheadhibby
23-09-2019, 09:30 PM

I actually think this is exactly what Ron/Leann will be doing. They will probably want to look at it in the cold light of day and try and remove the emotion. They might even be talking to some senior players for their thoughts, possibly Ron/Leann are seeing improvements behind the scenes?

Here’s Lucy!
23-09-2019, 09:34 PM
Maybe the delay is because they have refused to step up as they'd have to work with the garbage he's signed??

Come on, mate.

Eddie didn’t want to ‘step up’ the last time either, he positively didn’t fancy it.

Franck Stanton
23-09-2019, 10:01 PM
There is a board meeting tomorrow night. Hopefully an announcement soon afterwards ( Thu posibly) as we will be out of the cup by then.

Hibernia&Alba
23-09-2019, 10:07 PM
The only possible way he could survive until Christmas would be by winning almost every game. Given we have a toguh cup game then Celtic and Aberdeen, his chances are a million to one.

I don't see why we are delaying the inevitable; it's over, finished. Take the decision and let's move on.

Smartie
23-09-2019, 11:02 PM

Every time a decision is made to keep him in position for another game it is a rash one.

The calm, sensible and correct thing to do is to punt him asap.

CapitalGreen
23-09-2019, 11:29 PM

Absolutely grim times!

When you consider that we have had 12 permanent managers since McLeish and none have came close to spending 3.5 years at Hibs, whoever agreed that length of contract should also be looking for a new job.