PDA

View Full Version : Maxwell

MacGruber
23-09-2019, 06:40 AM
Good distribution and handling from corners and cross balls. At fault for equaliser though. Ikpeazu is back to goal with defenders around him. He was never going to get power on an effort or find a corner. Best he would do would be getting it on target. He does, a tame shot into the middle of the net. Unfortunately for us Maxwell must be a wrestling fan and wanted a closer look at what was going on so ran round the corner for a better view.

Incidentally the game finishes 2-2 if it was Ikpeazu who punches the ball out the keepers hands at the end. Anything he does gets filed under pure strength and fouls don't apply.

Maxwell no chance for 2nd. Unlucky deflected right into top corner.

I don't even know why I'm bumping my gums. expected to get beat at home to the injury ravaged bottom team in the league without a league win since March. That is how low Hecky and his band of English lower league mince has taken us.

There's always Joe Newell to come in I suppose

JimBHibees
23-09-2019, 06:43 AM
Good distribution and handling from corners and cross balls. At fault for equaliser though. Ikpeazu is back to goal with defenders around him. He was never going to get power on an effort or find a corner. Best he would do would be getting it on target. He does, a tame shot into the middle of the net. Unfortunately for us Maxwell must be a wrestling fan and wanted a closer look at what was going on so ran round the corner for a better view.

Incidentally the game finishes 2-2 if it was Ikpeazu who punches the ball out the keepers hands at the end. Anything he does gets filed under pure strength and fouls don't apply.

I don't even know why I'm bumping my gums. expected to get beat at home to the injury ravaged bottom team in the league without a league win since March. That is how low Hecky and his band of English lower league mince has taken us.

Was quite impressed with the goalie took crosses well.

FilipinoHibs
23-09-2019, 06:44 AM

Agree. Think on first goal our defenders slow to move in and black and clear. Second goal we made Ikpeazu look like Messi.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-09-2019, 06:45 AM
Looks like he’s a bit lacking in height and lacks spring. Not a good combo for a keeper.

RIP
23-09-2019, 06:55 AM
First goal defender error and second goal he would have got to bar the deflection. Camera behind the goal on Sportscene showed that last night.

Cross balls he was excellent-great to see crosses caught not punched

Golden Bear
23-09-2019, 06:55 AM
The goalkeeping position is the last of our concerns at the moment. Maxwell did just fine yesterday.

Jones28
23-09-2019, 06:56 AM
Looks like he’s a bit lacking in height and lacks spring. Not a good combo for a keeper.

How? He claimed nearly every corner and cross that came in yesterday.

18Craig75
23-09-2019, 06:59 AM
His distribution was awful. Every kick right down Berra’s throat. Was doing my head in during the game.

we are hibs
23-09-2019, 07:01 AM
His distribution was awful. Every kick right down Berra’s throat. Was doing my head in during the game.

Exactly. A complete myth that his distribution is good on the basis he threw it out twice.

Squirrel 1875
23-09-2019, 07:01 AM
Thought he had an ok game to be honest. Claimed corners well. Marciano saves the second imo, Maxwell’s lack of height let him down there as he was very close to getting a finger to it.

calumhibee1
23-09-2019, 07:06 AM
Not seen it back but I thought he should have done much better with the first.

BILLYHIBS
23-09-2019, 07:11 AM
Handling at crosses very good distribution not so

First goal our defenders should have done better to clear Ikpeazu rolled them and scored on the deck similar to Hanlon at Tiny

Second goal took a wicked deflection off Vela no chance

Did fine

CL0762
23-09-2019, 07:40 AM
I don’t think it was his overall distribution that was the problem - clearly he was kicking it where he was told to kick it. The fact that the tactic was to kick it up to Kamberi against Berra was the problem.

Sammy7nil
23-09-2019, 07:44 AM
Not seen it back but I thought he should have done much better with the first.

No fault at all.

MikeyS
23-09-2019, 07:47 AM
I don’t think it was his overall distribution that was the problem - clearly he was kicking it where he was told to kick it. The fact that the tactic was to kick it up to Kamberi against Berra was the problem.

100% spot on. His ability to hit the opposition 18 yard box every time is the reason Marciano didn't play. Hecky had 1 tactic and this was it. Forget the lame excuse he gave pre game about Rocky.

RoscoHibby
23-09-2019, 07:49 AM

This puzzled me as well. Why no just send it up the right hand side where Naismith was towering over mulraney?? Like he was aiming for the gap in Berra's teeth at times..

hibee_girl
23-09-2019, 07:49 AM
100% spot on. His ability to hit the opposition 18 yard box every time is the reason Marciano didn't play. Hecky had 1 tactic and this was it. Forget the lame excuse he gave pre game about Rocky.

What did he say about Rocky?

The 90+2
23-09-2019, 07:50 AM
He would be a world class long bangers player.

Vault Boy
23-09-2019, 07:58 AM
Commanded his area quite well, took a lot of crosses out of the sky. Couldn't do anything about either goal IMO.

His kicking wasn't accurate, but it was always reliable. Sounds like a stretch I know, but Rocky is so liable to scuff a kick and give it to the opposition in dangerous areas, we had none of that yesterday.

That shouldn't really be praise, but it is at least true.

MikeyS
23-09-2019, 07:58 AM
What did he say about Rocky?

His BBC radio interview pre match mentioned Marciano making too many mistakes recently. Fair enough, im not going to disagree there but Rocky has had wee mistakes in his locker since he arrived so why wait til this game to make the change?

GreenLake
23-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Gutted he had to lose. Good keeper.

Since452
23-09-2019, 08:01 AM
Defence looked more comfortable with Maxwell in goals

TheHarpy76
23-09-2019, 08:09 AM
Watched the equaliser a few times and can’t see where he was at fault to be honest.

hibsbollah
23-09-2019, 09:13 AM
Watched the equaliser a few times and can’t see where he was at fault to be honest.

The criticism of him is nonsense. If he stays on his line he isn't narrowing the angle of the shot, moving off his line is absolutely the right decision.

We've already debated the 'distribution' question, there's a lot of bad analysis IMO, so leave it there, I think, suffice it to say he has range and accuracy with his side volleys that Rocky doesn't.

Bangkok Hibby
23-09-2019, 09:14 AM

My take on it too. I thought he was good yesterday. Unlucky with the first (defender blocking his view) and plenty keepers would be beaten by the second. Bossed the box in the main. A decent showing and has been said, the least of our worries.

Scouse Hibee
23-09-2019, 09:16 AM

Did you not see him take nearly every ball in the air?

Alan62
23-09-2019, 09:23 AM
Maxwell did well with the crossed balls. The kicking rather than building from the back was presumably the manager's choice. It was doing my head in and conceded possession back to Hearts on almost every occasion.

Carheenlea
23-09-2019, 09:26 AM
The goalkeeping position is the last of our concerns at the moment. Maxwell did just fine yesterday.

:agree: Surprised to see the change, but we have two decent options in goal. Do we have two decent options in every other position..?

BlackSheep
23-09-2019, 10:50 AM
Maxwell was always looking to slow things down, which i think was to our detriment, we are actually quite a good counter attacking team at times and his lack of speed in those times cost us.

The only thing i can sat that kind of makes me slightly hypocritical of that comment is that our 'wide' players failed to hit the touchlines in these situations, thus opening up the game for a counter, instead ran straight down the middle into the crowd of players, giving Maxwell little option to go for a speedy attack.

WeeRussell
23-09-2019, 11:08 AM
I couldn't blame him for either goal yesterday. The players in front of him could have done more for both though.

Steven79
23-09-2019, 11:10 AM
I couldn't blame him for either goal yesterday. The players in front of him could have done more for both though.

He was in no mans land for the goal, either come for the ball or stay on the line.

Christ my 8 year old son knows to either do one or other because as soon as you do that that as you make it easy for the other team to score as it's dithering.

If he was on the line he would have had more time to react and could probably have said it.

The 90+2
23-09-2019, 11:16 AM
He had a good game apart from brain farting at the equaliser.

hibsbollah
23-09-2019, 11:22 AM
He was in no mans land for the goal, either come for the ball or stay on the line.

Christ my 8 year old son knows to either do one or other because as soon as you do that that as you make it easy for the other team to score as it's dithering.

If he was on the line he would have had more time to react and could probably have said it.

If you want your 8 year old to be a good keeper I'd suggest getting him a coach who knows what he's talking about.

Replay that goal to any goalie coach worth his salt and he'd tell you Maxwells positioning was absolutely fine. He'd also tell you that if he'd stayed on his line he would have increased the unguarded portion of the net, and he'd be beaten more times than if he had moved forward.

Steven79
23-09-2019, 11:24 AM
If you want your 8 year old to be a good keeper I'd suggest getting him a coach who knows what he's talking about.

Replay that goal to any goalie coach worth his salt and he'd tell you Maxwells positioning was absolutely fine. He'd also tell you that if he'd stayed on his line he would have increased the unguarded portion of the net, and he'd be beaten more times than if he had moved forward.

We shall agree to disagree then.

WeeRussell
23-09-2019, 11:25 AM

I'll agree to disagree. Tell Christ good luck with the keeping career :aok:

Anthony Soprano
23-09-2019, 11:36 AM
a lot of his distribution was poor, other than that he was fine, neither goal was his fault.
His dealing with crosses was excellent.

SMAXXA
23-09-2019, 11:46 AM
Marciano played himself out the team. Maxwell did fine yesterday can’t be blamed for any of the goals imo. Ironically I recon Ofir would have saved the second as he’s a bit taller just to compound matters, seems to be the way for us the now 🙈

Smartie
23-09-2019, 11:54 AM

He's going to need a bit of luck going into a career with that name knowing he will surely be plagued by non-stop bad gags about having problems with crosses.

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2019, 12:00 PM
Do people not think they discuss how the goalie will distribute the ball? He doesn't just decide on the spot. If we were going to pass it out he would do that. Was obviously told to go long to Kamberi

WeeRussell
23-09-2019, 12:08 PM
He's going to need a bit of luck going into a career with that name knowing he will surely be plagued by non-stop bad gags about having problems with crosses.

Don't start, for god's sake.

MrRobot
23-09-2019, 12:09 PM
great handling at crosses but i’ve never seen a player slower in my life. no chance of a counter attack with him in goal i’m afraid, too ponderous.

B.H.F.C
23-09-2019, 12:31 PM
He took an absolute age to do everything. It was every time though, which makes me think that’s what he was told to do.

Bangkok Hibby
23-09-2019, 12:33 PM

:faf: