PDA

View Full Version : Racism towards Uche Ikpeazu

DavidDavidGray
22-09-2019, 11:36 PM
https://twitter.com/hanrattyadam/status/1175839325608644612?s=21

Hibs fan calls Ikpeazu a Monkey towards the end of the clip. Disgraceful. If anybody knows who the guy is that shouted it then please report it to Hibs. Racial abuse is not acceptable under any circumstances, let alone towards somebody just doing their job.

Hibbyradge
22-09-2019, 11:38 PM
Delete everything after "circumstances". :thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2019, 11:40 PM
Utterly deplorable behaviour from an old walloper who should know far better. Get him found and launched.

CMurdoch
22-09-2019, 11:51 PM
It never fails to amaze me how messed up people are.
He actually said that it a public place whilst sitting amongst lots of people he doesn't really know.
A racist and thick with it.
Find and launch.

CraigHibee
23-09-2019, 12:44 AM
Yep completely unacceptable, the video doesnt show who shouts it but definitely close to whoever took it

Mixu1875
23-09-2019, 12:50 AM
Disgusting and if it was the other way around we’d be calling for life time bans. Racism is never acceptable, ever.

Baader
23-09-2019, 01:22 AM
Loathe to hear anything like that. Totally unacceptable.

FilipinoHibs
23-09-2019, 02:02 AM
Share it with the club and try and get this person banned.

Hakim Sar
23-09-2019, 07:02 AM
I respect Uche. Works hard, tries hard and generally seems a decent human being.

To be racist like this is pretty outrageous. Poor show.

One Day Soon
23-09-2019, 07:19 AM
I'd hate us to be fielding players like him - big and clogging - but my God I'd like our players to have half of his fight and spirit.

I'd be very happy for whoever called him a monkey to be banned. Really don't want any of that pathetic crap at Easter Road.

Cataplana
Stupid old goat.

Vault Boy
What a waste of skin. Good on whoever shared it with the club on twitter, get them banned swiftly. Degenerate.

lyonhibs
23-09-2019, 07:29 AM
Shambles of a human being coming out with that *****.

Also, I'd take a player like him right now. Don't understand why we sneer at players like him as "huddies" when they regularly ragdoll our pishy, weak defence. He was doing ****ing stepovers on the wing before setting up their winner ffs!!

One Day Soon
23-09-2019, 07:46 AM
Shambles of a human being coming out with that *****.

Also, I'd take a player like him right now. Don't understand why we sneer at players like him as "huddies" when they regularly ragdoll our pishy, weak defence. He was doing ****ing stepovers on the wing before setting up their winner ffs!!

I think stepovers is gilding the lily quite a bit. He was standing still with an admiring audience (can't remember which of our players) literally just watching and letting him do it.

lyonhibs
23-09-2019, 08:01 AM
I think stepovers is gilding the lily quite a bit. He was standing still with an admiring audience (can't remember which of our players) literally just watching and letting him do it.

Stepovers is perhaps pushing it granted. He was doing some "taking the piss" clunky leg waggling for sure, watched admiringly, as you say, by our *****bag defenders.

GreenLake
23-09-2019, 08:18 AM
I hate this. He did a good job for his team and deserves respect. Whoever did this is an absolute w$$kstain. Should be banned but, the biggest question should be who are his neglectful cowardly friends that didn't self police this?

My wife was born in Africa and raised in England. They love police and court protection to act out as hard men with judicial safety. Coward and his friends are. cowards.

This is not Hibs.

We are good, we are fair, we are Hibernian.

Ikpeazu - good goal mate.

HibsGW
23-09-2019, 08:20 AM
Nothing else to say but ban him. Can’t believe anybody, especially adults nowadays can’t understand why it’s wrong to say or think these things.

Diclonius
23-09-2019, 08:24 AM
Life ban please. Not welcome at ER.

makaveli1875
23-09-2019, 08:27 AM
It was Hecky, I saw him now let's get him banned from ER for life

I'm Spartacus
23-09-2019, 08:27 AM
Life ban please. Not welcome at ER.

Agree, and add every other football stadium for that matter :( Just another sad moment from a poor weekend for the club.

The 90+2
23-09-2019, 08:39 AM
What kind of tit shouts monkey at someone at a football match or even in general in 2019? **** sake whoever it is needs to go to night classes not banned from a football ground.

The 90+2
23-09-2019, 08:40 AM
It was Hecky, I saw him now let's get him banned from ER for life

:greengrin

Pretty Boy
23-09-2019, 08:44 AM
Racists are idiots.

There's nothing more needs said. Abusing or disliking someone solely based on the colour of their skin is the mark of a moron.

500miles
23-09-2019, 08:45 AM
He'll get a life ban. Good.

The_Horde
23-09-2019, 09:08 AM
Am I being mental, or is it not obvious who's actually shouted it?

Could be hard to track that down.

Bangkok Hibby
23-09-2019, 09:08 AM
Find him and get him out for good. Adults who shout this crap believe this crap and will never change. Embarrassing for our club.

Carheenlea
23-09-2019, 09:34 AM
The guy is unlikely to be identified unfortunately. Best course of action is to call them out at the games

turn and burn
23-09-2019, 09:45 AM
It never fails to amaze me how messed up people are.
He actually said that it a public place whilst sitting amongst lots of people he doesn't really know.
A racist and thick with it.
Find and launch.

Usually goes hand in hand.

Bostonhibby
23-09-2019, 09:45 AM
I'd hate us to be fielding players like him - big and clogging - but my God I'd like our players to have half of his fight and spirit.

I'd be very happy for whoever called him a monkey to be banned. Really don't want any of that pathetic crap at Easter Road.Says it all for me.

The beast behind this needs outed and banned quickly.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Weegreenman
23-09-2019, 10:16 AM
Unacceptable. A society problem I’m afraid.

FranckSuzy
23-09-2019, 10:41 AM
I sit in in the middle of row G, West Lower and clearly heard someone behind me shouting "black b*****d" at a Hearts player midway through the first half. I looked round, as I was going to tell him to shut the f***up, but couldn't narrow down who it was.

Micky Weir wants Hibs to be the first Club in the UK to have a permanent 'Show Racism the Red Card' advertising board, pitch side, and sadly, we obviously have a long way to go.

Speedy
23-09-2019, 12:00 PM
No need for it at all.

Big, useless, huddie ******* more than adequate.

BILLYHIBS
23-09-2019, 12:11 PM
No need for it at all.

Big, useless, huddie ******* more than adequate.

Big useless huddie that has scored two out of two at Easter Road never gives up, keeps plodding away, puts it about and knows that eventually he will get chances

Fair play to the Big Man!

The_Horde
23-09-2019, 12:30 PM
Big useless huddie that has scored two out of two at Easter Road never gives up, keeps plodding away, puts it about and knows that eventually he will get chances

He's absolutely ***** but he's like bringing a tank to a gun fight in the derby. Suited to it.

Johnny Clash
23-09-2019, 12:47 PM
Horrible, pathetic idiot. Hope he does get identified and banned. Zero tolerance for that racist ****.

Ikpeazu did more than anyone to get that result for them. He was geeing up his team mates and their support which is sadly more than any Hibs player did despite us taking the lead.

Speedy
23-09-2019, 01:52 PM

Inspiration to kids wishing to hit the big stage. Just goes to show that if you pull enough jerseys you'll eventually score with a tackle.

Anyway, we're veering away from the point of the thread. By all means call them crap but racism is totally uncalled for.

RIP
23-09-2019, 01:58 PM
I sit in in the middle of row G, West Lower and clearly heard someone behind me shouting "black b*****d" at a Hearts player midway through the first half. I looked round, as I was going to tell him to shut the f***up, but couldn't narrow down who it was.

Micky Weir wants Hibs to be the first Club in the UK to have a permanent 'Show Racism the Red Card' advertising board, pitch side, and sadly, we obviously have a long way to go.

That’s a great suggestion Susan, any idea how we can add our support to that proposal?

Cataplana
23-09-2019, 01:59 PM
Unacceptable. A society problem I’m afraid.

I don't come across it at work, or where I live. Both are diverse places, and welcome immigrants. I dare say there are idiots but I've only ever had to tell them I don't agree with their speech for them to get the picture.

Cataplana
23-09-2019, 02:02 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/hibs-probe-alleged-racist-abuse-of-hearts-striker-uche-ikpeazu-at-edinburgh-derby-1-5009620

One Day In Time
23-09-2019, 06:58 PM
It is a society issue as someone has said. Football is the prefect vehicle for the racists and bigots to pedal their filth. We continue to have a small problem with some real numbskulls n our support. The positive we need to focus on is that a decent fan has reported it to the club.

Sir David Gray
23-09-2019, 07:41 PM
No need for that pish. I was annoyed as anyone in the aftermath of both of their goals. It never crossed my mind to racially abuse Ikpeazu.

Hope the person responsible is identified, banned for life and arrested and charged by the police.

23-09-2019, 09:50 PM
Disgusting behaviour and not representative of the hibs support. Sick of these morons dragging our name through the mud. Unfortunately the derby seems to bring out the idiot element in our support. Fortunately they are in the very tiny minority but even so its embarrassing.

Hope he is caught and never sets foot in our support again. We don't need nor want vile ****bags like that.

Sylar
24-09-2019, 07:19 AM
Abhorrent behaviour, but not surprising. There was a point during the first half where a 70-something year old man in the front row of the East stand was giving it the big yin, screaming abuse at a 17 year old kid who went over to take a throw-in for his team. Who cares if young Hickey plays for Hearts - in what world is it acceptable to scream abuse at someone probably 55 years your junior?! I wish we had 11 players with Uche's fight and determination on the park right now. Yet he's subjected to this garbage?

There are clearly some utter welts in our support (as in every support), and you combine that with the general ill-feeling around the club and losing a derby, it's no surprise some of these welts feel secure enough in allowing their racist/sectarian sentiment come out into the open. Pleased to see the club are looking into it.

Onceinawhile
24-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Abhorrent behaviour, but not surprising. There was a point during the first half where a 70-something year old man in the front row of the East stand was giving it the big yin, screaming abuse at a 17 year old kid who went over to take a throw-in for his team. Who cares if young Hickey plays for Hearts - in what world is it acceptable to scream abuse at someone probably 55 years your junior?! I wish we had 11 players with Uche's fight and determination on the park right now. Yet he's subjected to this garbage?

In what world is it acceptable to scream abuse at someone doing their job?

It's truly mind boggling that we are at a stage in football where it's become so customary to abuse people that anyone suggesting we shouldn't is labelled a snowflake, or gets told "oh you would never have survived the terraces in my day" blah blah blah.

It's not acceptable to shout abuse at bus drivers, taxi drivers, on board train staff, mcdonalds staff, waiting staff, anyone doing their job - but footballers it's ok?

Mental.

WeeRussell
24-09-2019, 03:48 PM

It's truly mind boggling that we are at a stage in football where it's become so customary to abuse people that anyone suggesting we shouldn't is labelled a snowflake, or gets told "oh you would never have survived the terraces in my day" blah blah blah.

It's not acceptable to shout abuse at bus drivers, taxi drivers, on board train staff, mcdonalds staff, waiting staff, anyone doing their job - but footballers it's ok?

Mental.

You have a point, but ever sat down and discovered gherkins on your burger when you clearly ordered it plain?

Cataplana
24-09-2019, 04:56 PM

Mental.

I back a return to the Corinthian spirit, and hope that we can all keep our comments to positive remarks about our opponents play, as well as bally well giving a root toot toot to our own players.

Sorry, racism and homophobia are not on, but it's football and we are there to get involved in the passion of the sport.

lord bunberry
24-09-2019, 10:47 PM

There are clearly some utter welts in our support (as in every support), and you combine that with the general ill-feeling around the club and losing a derby, it's no surprise some of these welts feel secure enough in allowing their racist/sectarian sentiment come out into the open. Pleased to see the club are looking into it.
Oh shut up. You should’ve stuck with supporting Livingston. Giving the opposition a bit of grief is absolutely fine in my book. To compare that to racism and sectarianism is laughable.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-09-2019, 01:45 PM
Oh shut up. You should’ve stuck with supporting Livingston. Giving the opposition a bit of grief is absolutely fine in my book. To compare that to racism and sectarianism is laughable.

Good shout LB. 👍