PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Killie in the Cup

Ronniekirk
22-09-2019, 09:09 PM
after today s defeat will be going to the Killie Cup game
No expectation of a win though as we are in a rut and on a losing streak
How do we change things to try and win
Go with two up top Bring in fresh legs as midfield tired badly in last 20 minutes
What changes in personnel could make a difference Fraser Murray off the Bench for example
More Importantly should Heck still be at the Wheel as Apart from a spell after the Mallon wonder goal when we played with confidence it quickly evaporated once Levine made some tactical changes and they then pressed us pushing us back and we didn’t respond in an effective way which ultimately cost us the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacGruber
22-09-2019, 10:03 PM
I'm raging like the rest of us. We were always getting beat today. That's what stings. Hearts no wins in the league since March. Relegation form over 30 games. Bottom of the league. Yet this Hibs team is so devoid of quality, leadership and character that they under that circumastance pick up an inevitable win - at our place with a rake of injuries.

For Killie, going forward it has to change.

Mallberg is 2 games in and not fully fit. He should have won the game for us today but I actually think he is one that done well when on.

The 6 mins Doidge was on we won more ball up top.

Middleton gave us an out ball.

Fraser Murray's chance has come.

Another game for Porteous.

Have to go 2 up now. Maybe 3 at the back. Have to change it up.

I'd bring in Murray, Doidge, Jackson and James and Middleton. Keep Kamberi, Allan, Mallberg, Porteous, Naismith with either Marciani or Maxwell.

Stuart93
22-09-2019, 10:09 PM
I'm raging like the rest of us. We were always getting beat today. That's what stings. Hearts no wins in the league since March. Relegation form over 30 games. Bottom of the league. Yet this Hibs team is so devoid of quality, leadership and character that they under that circumastance pick up an inevitable win - at our place with a rake of injuries.

For Killie, going forward it has to change.

Mallberg is 2 games in and not fully fit. He should have won the game for us today but I actually think he is one that done well when on.

The 6 mins Doidge was on we won more ball up top.

Middleton gave us an out ball.

Fraser Murray's chance has come.

Another game for Porteous.

Have to go 2 up now. Maybe 3 at the back. Have to change it up.

I'd bring in Murray, Doidge, Jackson and James and Middleton. Keep Kamberi, Allan, Mallberg, Porteous, Naismith with either Marciani or Maxwell.

He’ll stick with exactly the same team as he did today

Same players, same tactics, same formation...same ****ing *****

SteveHFC
22-09-2019, 10:11 PM

Pretty much this. If we somehow win on Wednesday I’ll be really surprised.

truehibernian
22-09-2019, 10:14 PM
Drop Hanlon, Mallan and Vela.

hfc rd
22-09-2019, 10:15 PM

This.

Sir David Gray
23-09-2019, 01:55 AM
Go with two up top Bring in fresh legs as midfield tired badly in last 20 minutes
What changes in personnel could make a difference Fraser Murray off the Bench for example
More Importantly should Heck still be at the Wheel as Apart from a spell after the Mallon wonder goal when we played with confidence it quickly evaporated once Levine made some tactical changes and they then pressed us pushing us back and we didn’t respond in an effective way which ultimately cost us the game

Fair play to you, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than go on Wednesday night. I hope you are rewarded but I doubt it.

MWHIBBIES
23-09-2019, 06:04 AM

Don't really understand this post, he is anything but stubborn, team changes every week.

Stuart93
23-09-2019, 09:11 AM
Don't really understand this post, he is anything but stubborn, team changes every week.

Fair enough probably the players but the tactics formation way we approach the games stays exactly the same. Boring pedestrian pish

essexhibee
23-09-2019, 09:13 AM
Fair play to anyone that travels midweek through to this.

Carheenlea
23-09-2019, 09:21 AM
It would be a very Hibs thing to do if we go down there and return with an unlikely victory - seen it before when we face a fixture few fans have any appetite for and form is rock bottom.
Always like a midweek game to break the week up, and a cup win to book a place in Semis in front of 6-700 travelling fans? Not something you can rule out.. As a supporter the rewards of success when they come round are more fulfilling if you’ve stuck with the club in times of strife - Bring it on.

Billy Whizz
23-09-2019, 09:26 AM
It would be a very Hibs thing to do if we go down there and return with an unlikely victory - seen it before when we face a fixture few fans have any appetite for and form is rock bottom.
Always like a midweek game to break the week up, and a cup win to book a place in Semis in front of 6-700 travelling fans? Not something you can rule out.. As a supporter the rewards of success when they come round are more fulfilling if you’ve stuck with the club in times of strife - Bring it on.

It’s a game with a massive prize, a cup semi final. Regardless of all the disappointing performances of late, as a supporter you still go to the games with some optimism

Diclonius
23-09-2019, 09:52 AM
Ffs 1-0 down already

hibeerealist
23-09-2019, 09:54 AM

Without doubt, he has no idea of how to change or when to change!!!

Imposter who fooled a lot of us at outset, many of us woke up during pre season as we could see this guy is clueless. There are still folk willing to give him more time and a board who refuse to do anything about it.

B.H.F.C
23-09-2019, 09:56 AM
It’s a game with a massive prize, a cup semi final. Regardless of all the disappointing performances of late, as a supporter you still go to the games with some optimism

I still go to games, but not with any optimism at the moment.

hibeerealist
23-09-2019, 09:57 AM

Only the goalie changed for derby MW, might have been a forced change or did PH actually recognise Maxwell might do a better job than Rocky??

The 90+2
23-09-2019, 10:04 AM
Hoof central.

The 90+2
23-09-2019, 10:04 AM
Only the goalie changed for derby MW, might have been a forced change or did PH actually recognise Maxwell might do a better job than Rocky??

He’s better at punting balls up the park.

zitelli62
23-09-2019, 10:11 AM
3 down only 20 mins gone we need a DM and Hanlon having a nightmare in goals though Maxwell looks good up front.

Onceinawhile
23-09-2019, 10:53 AM
Do we have any other left backs available? LS did not look up to speed yesterday.

I'd take Hanlon out for Jackson
Bring James in for Stevenson
Doidge for Mallan
Middleton for Vela

Maxwell

James
Jackson
Porto
Naismith

Middleton
Hallberg
Allan
Horgan

Doidge
Flo

MacGruber
23-09-2019, 11:38 AM
Do we have any other left backs available? LS did not look up to speed yesterday.

I'd take Hanlon out for Jackson
Bring James in for Stevenson
Doidge for Mallan
Middleton for Vela

Maxwell

James
Jackson
Porto
Naismith

Middleton
Hallberg
Allan
Horgan

Doidge
Flo

I would go for this or similar too

MacGruber
23-09-2019, 11:43 AM
Perhaps he should go down with his own ship though

Maxwell

Naismith
Jackson
Porteous
James

Newell
Vela
Allan
Hallberg
Middleton

Doidge

Has he signed anyone else that I can't remember as they are instantly forgettable? If not Porteous can draw the short straw and join in!

danhibees1875
23-09-2019, 11:52 AM
I'd like to see Murray and 2 up top. So probably something like this:

Marciano

Naismith Jackson Porto Stevenson

Middleton Hallberg Murray
Allan

Doidge Kamberi

we are hibs
23-09-2019, 12:38 PM
Marciano

Naismith
Jackson
Porteous
Stevenson

Middleton
Allan
Hallberg
Murray

Doidge
Kamberi

PH91
23-09-2019, 12:56 PM
Id still like to see him try 3 at the back but assuming he sticks with a back 4 then

Marciano

James Porto Hanlon Stevenson

Vela Allan Hallberg

Murray Kamberi Shaw

Murray and Shaw must be champing at the bit, i would put them straight in. Team can be easily adjusted to a 442 diamond if killie set up differently.

I'd leave Middleton and Horgan to come on and have a go at tired legs, if needed.

H18 SFR
23-09-2019, 12:58 PM
Living in Ayr has no benefits for following Hibs home and away as I'm always on the road so Kilmarnock is a godsend, I think I will wait until the team is announced on Wednesday before heading up. Really can't stomach another horrendous Hecky set up team.

Diclonius
23-09-2019, 12:59 PM
3-1 now, Maxwell just scored from halfway, game on!!

Hibeesmad
23-09-2019, 01:09 PM
To be honest it would be just like Hibs to go and win on Wednesday. Here's hoping anyway.

SteveHFC
23-09-2019, 01:20 PM
Marciano

Naismith
Jackson
Porteous
Stevenson

Middleton
Allan
Hallberg
Murray

Doidge
Kamberi

This but we know Hecky won't have that starting 11.

Pretty Boy
23-09-2019, 01:25 PM
I notice Fraser Murray isn't playing for the development squad today. Is that worth reading anything into re his participation on Wednesday?

Sir David Gray
23-09-2019, 07:17 PM
I notice Fraser Murray isn't playing for the development squad today. Is that worth reading anything into re his participation on Wednesday?

If he's not injured then he really ought to be playing just now.

thegaffer12
23-09-2019, 07:19 PM
I really want Doidge to start alongside Flo. Surely has something to prove?

Billy Whizz
23-09-2019, 07:25 PM
It’s a Cup tie, lets go for broke

erin go bragh
23-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Middleton and Doidge should start . How Murray isn’t getting game time is baffling.
3-5-2 but it will probably be the same 11 as Sunday.
Christ , I can’t remember felling this underwhelmed with a Hibs manager before. Maybe it’s just my age or the high of winning that cup.

coldingham hibs
23-09-2019, 07:59 PM
I can’t believe anyone has recovered enough to even think about this game. The thought of picking a line up with the dross we have is a harrowing thought. Well done to those who can be bothered.

23-09-2019, 08:33 PM
I can’t believe anyone has recovered enough to even think about this game. The thought of picking a line up with the dross we have is a harrowing thought. Well done to those who can be bothered.

I see everyone so far has opted for Rocky in goals for Wednesday night.
I thought Maxwell’s ability yesterday to come for cross balls and collect comfortably was the one positive I saw during the game. A goalkeeper who is able to command his box in such a way is a huge plus and is able to give added confidence to the back four through that. Rocky can’t/won’t do that. He also looked comfortable coming out his box when required to play the sweeper role, which Rocky has a problem with. His distribution was not great but then neither is Rocky’s. Rocky’s big strength has been his shot stopping until recently.
I think Maxwell merits a place in Wednesday’s team.

Johnny_Leith
23-09-2019, 09:04 PM
I see everyone so far has opted for Rocky in goals for Wednesday night.
I thought Maxwell’s ability yesterday to come for cross balls and collect comfortably was the one positive I saw during the game. A goalkeeper who is able to command his box in such a way is a huge plus and is able to give added confidence to the back four through that. Rocky can’t/won’t do that. He also looked comfortable coming out his box when required to play the sweeper role, which Rocky has a problem with. His distribution was not great but then neither is Rocky’s. Rocky’s big strength has been his shot stopping until recently.
I think Maxwell merits a place in Wednesday’s team.

Did you notice Hearts didn't put a man on the keeper at corners? Leaving Maxwell the easiest task in taking the lofted corner delivery completely unchallenged? Rocky for me is the much better GK.

23-09-2019, 11:44 PM
Did you notice Hearts didn't put a man on the keeper at corners? Leaving Maxwell the easiest task in taking the lofted corner delivery completely unchallenged? Rocky for me is the much better GK.

Opinions eh!

Shrekko
23-09-2019, 11:51 PM

He quite possibly is but he’s pretty erratic whereas Maxwell did the basics very well. Sometimes a lot to be said for that ... especially plucking corners out the air with both hands... Rocky pretty much always flaps at them whether there’s a man next to him or not.

Diclonius
24-09-2019, 07:14 AM
Predictions for the game.
Mallan to start
One up front
Some crazy tactical change from the last game that doesn't address the problem (i.e Allan dropped)
Someone completely unfit for the role (Vela or Hallberg) played at holding midfield
Will attempt high press for a wee while until if/when we go behind, then just collapse
If we somehow go ahead, will then play ultra defensively (with a team that can't defend) and concede within 10 mins
Manager to give a really informative and composed interview after the game which points out everything that went wrong and how to fix it (but won't next game)
Fans really annoyed
Nothing happens
Official Site: Tickets on sale for Celtic now!

I'm_cabbaged
24-09-2019, 08:04 AM
I take it it’ll be PATG tomorrow?

mutley
24-09-2019, 08:13 AM
I take it it’ll be PATG tomorrow?

To get in or to get out??

I'm_cabbaged
24-09-2019, 08:51 AM

Both!!!

I'm_cabbaged
24-09-2019, 09:03 AM

Both!!!

Joe6-2
24-09-2019, 09:16 AM

It’s PH that needs told! He will pick his usual one up top

Speedway
24-09-2019, 10:19 AM
Has Maxwell played in all the LC games so far?

If so its:

Maxwell

Porto
Jackson
Hanlon

Naismith
Hallberg
Murray
Slivka
Middleton

Doidge
Shaw

JimBHibees
24-09-2019, 10:24 AM
Has Maxwell played in all the LC games so far?

If so its:

Maxwell

Porto
Jackson
Hanlon

Naismith
Hallberg
Murray
Slivka
Middleton

Doidge
Shaw

Silvia has cracked a bone in his ankle will be out for few weeks.

BoomtownHibees
24-09-2019, 10:37 AM
Silvia has cracked a bone in his ankle will be out for few weeks.

“Silvia” (whoever she is) would still be better than the other options

I'm Spartacus
24-09-2019, 10:23 PM
This for me would be a really sore one to lose, a huge dent in an already battered season. PLEASE Hibs, stop this free fall of disaster.

Ardenttwo
25-09-2019, 12:04 PM

And back pass Stevenson

ahibby
25-09-2019, 01:53 PM

Not so sure about them pushing us back, seemed to me that our players made the decision to play deeper and defend more. We've seen that before from Hibs. Particularly a couple of seasons ago when we decided to sit on a draw and take the cup replay back to Easter Road, only to lose a goal in the final minutes. A similar mentality set in on Sunday. I know who was responsible for that Tynie result but not sure if one player can be blamed for Sunday. My problem with PH for Sundays result was that I didn't see him screaming at them from the sideline when it became obvious that they were playing deeper and deeper until the inevitable happened. I understand the argument that once they are on the pitch knowing the game plan then it's up to them but when they do not follow the game plan surely the coach can have a go at them from the sideline? The other thing I think he got wrong was playing Flo as a target man. Okay it might have worked for part of the game, but is it too much to ask for a change when it stops working and not when it's too late and we are chasing a game? However, he was only part of the problem, and for me certain players have to look at their mentality particularly how they play when we are ahead and not trying to simply sit back and protect a one nil lead, which is never going to work with our current defensive record contributing to the worst goal difference in the league. I'm getting more annoyed the more I think of it so better sign off for now.

ahibby
25-09-2019, 01:56 PM
I really want Doidge to start alongside Flo. Surely has something to prove?

I think this works as long as Flo is attacking from mid and Doidge is up front. That takes markers away from Flo for starters.

JimBHibees
25-09-2019, 02:06 PM
And back pass Stevenson

You mean Lewiehas2. We have many more things to worry about than him. Still one of our most consistent players.

cabbageandribs1875
25-09-2019, 02:15 PM

yep, dropping one of our goalscorers lessens the chance of us scoring, always the right thing to do

but i agree re vela :wink:

Bangkok Hibby
25-09-2019, 02:26 PM
Not so sure about them pushing us back, seemed to me that our players made the decision to play deeper and defend more. We've seen that before from Hibs. Particularly a couple of seasons ago when we decided to sit on a draw and take the cup replay back to Easter Road, only to lose a goal in the final minutes. A similar mentality set in on Sunday. I know who was responsible for that Tynie result but not sure if one player can be blamed for Sunday. My problem with PH for Sundays result was that I didn't see him screaming at them from the sideline when it became obvious that they were playing deeper and deeper until the inevitable happened. I understand the argument that once they are on the pitch knowing the game plan then it's up to them but when they do not follow the game plan surely the coach can have a go at them from the sideline? The other thing I think he got wrong was playing Flo as a target man. Okay it might have worked for part of the game, but is it too much to ask for a change when it stops working and not when it's too late and we are chasing a game? However, he was only part of the problem, and for me certain players have to look at their mentality particularly how they play when we are ahead and not trying to simply sit back and protect a one nil lead, which is never going to work with our current defensive record contributing to the worst goal difference in the league. I'm getting more annoyed the more I think of it so better sign off for now.

Have we ever seen him get worked up? When the cameras are on him during games it's a wee frown or a raised eyebrow. Seems completely passionless to me, at least outwardly. I don't think we'll ever see that though, he's very controlled and reserved which I'd suggest isn't what we need right now.

ahibby
25-09-2019, 02:38 PM
yep, dropping one of our goalscorers lessens the chance of us scoring, always the right thing to do

Yes that's a dilemma take a chance that he might score because he does now and then, occasionally even or drop him because he has no grit in midfield. I don't expect him to be a Scott Brown type but something similar to Forster would be desirable.

Jim44
25-09-2019, 02:41 PM
I think we stand a chance if Killie underestimate us, as they will really fancy their chances and expect to win. On this basis they might go for the jugular and get caught on the hop. I’m clutching at straws, admittedly.

ahibby
25-09-2019, 02:56 PM
I think we stand a chance if Killie underestimate us, as they will really fancy their chances and expect to win. On this basis they might go for the jugular and get caught on the hop. I’m clutching at straws, admittedly.

I can see them allowing us to punch ourselves out on them, then strike on the break similar to the last game. However, I hope that we have learned from that. A great concern though is the fact that whether the opposition scores first or we do it never works out for us. Things will change I'm sure, just not sure it will be tonight. Fingers crossed.

Hibeesmad
25-09-2019, 02:58 PM

We just need to get the ball down, players to make runs into dangerous pathways for the likes of Allan and Mallan to do what they do best, as well as defend as a solid unit, communicating and playing for a trip to Hampden.

JohnMcM
25-09-2019, 03:00 PM

I hope the Board, Heckingbottom and the team read this post, and understand the bit in bold above is a representation of how far the mindset and morale of many supporters of our club has fallen.

To get to this level of optimism speaks volumes about how poor we are at this time, on the field and apparently in some behind the scenes activities.

:flag:

25-09-2019, 03:00 PM
About to head through and perversely looking forward to it

jeffers
25-09-2019, 03:25 PM
I know it's frowned upon to ask during the match, but does anyone think there will be a stream of tonight's game anywhere ? The usual site I use listed the recent league game as being shown (and is doing so again tonight) but none of the links worked.

Captain Trips
25-09-2019, 04:04 PM
3-1 Hibs in a performance we never even knew possible, just to start f~~~~~~g with our heads. :flag:

ClewsHibs
25-09-2019, 04:21 PM
I know it's frowned upon to ask during the match, but does anyone think there will be a stream of tonight's game anywhere ? The usual site I use listed the recent league game as being shown (and is doing so again tonight) but none of the links worked.

I'd appreciate this as well.

jeffers
25-09-2019, 04:25 PM
I'd appreciate this as well.

Will pm you if either of the two sites I use actually have a working stream.

thegaffer12
25-09-2019, 04:27 PM

There's been a total clampdown on Scottish streams, unless it's on the likes of Sky and therefore becomes unmanageable. I doubt any links will work tonight I'm afraid.

Hibbyradge
25-09-2019, 04:30 PM

The only thing Killie will underestimate is the number of Hibs fans who will be staying home.

jeffers
25-09-2019, 04:33 PM
There's been a total clampdown on Scottish streams, unless it's on the likes of Sky and therefore becomes unmanageable. I doubt any links will work tonight I'm afraid.

Is that recent ? I managed to get one for Motherwell game, though that was being shown later that evening on Alba if that makes any difference ?

we are hibs
25-09-2019, 04:59 PM
Someone get themselves round the back of the stand if we go 1 down and fiddle with the floodlights. With any luck itll get called off and we will have a new man in charge and sail through to the semis in the rematch.

green with envy
25-09-2019, 05:15 PM
Someone get themselves round the back of the stand if we go 1 down and fiddle with the floodlights. With any luck itll get called off and we will have a new man in charge and sail through to the semis in the rematch.

Tried that last season but it only lasted for 20 minutes.

Dunbar Hibee
25-09-2019, 05:28 PM
Will pm you if either of the two sites I use actually have a working stream.

Would be appreciated if you could send one my way too mate

makaveli1875
25-09-2019, 05:33 PM
Someone get themselves round the back of the stand when we go 1 down and fiddle with the floodlights. With any luck itll get called off and we will have a new man in charge and sail through to the semis in the rematch.

Ftfy

thegaffer12
25-09-2019, 05:52 PM
Is that recent ? I managed to get one for Motherwell game, though that was being shown later that evening on Alba if that makes any difference ?

Yeah sorry Alba games are usually attainable too. A lot harder with any match in Scotland whereas it used to be a breeze getting one!