PDA

View Full Version : Longbangers Episode 12: Vorsprung Durch Technik

matty_f
22-09-2019, 09:08 PM
We review the derby defeat and discuss Hexit.

It’s a good one...(we think)
iTunes
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/longbangers/id1474463560

Spotify
https://open.spotify.com/episode/0RkAiznbxs86w9TAA9CF7Y?si=wpUaXNZeSriOKS2ai_FRFQ

madhatter
22-09-2019, 09:57 PM
It’s a good one, bit depressing due to the topic but better to have a wee bit of humour to lighten the mood slightly rather than cry I guess!

Hope club heed the call, a call coming from virtually all fans. Take action, and take it soon.

matty_f
22-09-2019, 10:12 PM
It’s a good one, bit depressing due to the topic but better to have a wee bit of humour to lighten the mood slightly rather than cry I guess!

Hope club heed the call, a call coming from virtually all fans. Take action, and take it soon.

Thanks, hard to find something to laugh about after a game like that. Hope we got the balance right.

CathroMustStay
22-09-2019, 10:56 PM
36:16

"We're just lining ourselves up for a succession of bummings"

I never thought I'd see the day when a Hibs fan podcast would plagiarise the great works of William Shakespeare, but every day's a school day.

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2019, 10:58 PM
I will listen tomorrow; really not in the mood tonight. I'm sure it will be another good programme :aok:

matty_f
22-09-2019, 11:02 PM
36:16

"We're just lining ourselves up for a succession of bummings"

I never thought I'd see the day when a Hibs fan podcast would plagiarise the great works of William Shakespeare, but every day's a school day.
:faf:

BroxburnHibee
22-09-2019, 11:22 PM
Summed it up well. No lightened my mood any but I fear that was an impossible task.

matty_f
23-09-2019, 06:10 AM
Summed it up well. No lightened my mood any but I fear that was an impossible task.

Cheers. Can’t say I felt much cheerier afterwards either!

Heisenberg
23-09-2019, 06:52 AM
Another good listen and good effort to get something out so close to the game finishing.

matty_f
23-09-2019, 07:20 AM
Another good listen and good effort to get something out so close to the game finishing.

Thanks, the biggest worry was getting to Pedantic before the bets sent him to sleep! :greengrin

green day
23-09-2019, 11:29 AM
We review the derby defeat and discuss Hexit.

It’s a good one...(we think)
iTunes
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/longbangers/id1474463560

Spotify
https://open.spotify.com/episode/0RkAiznbxs86w9TAA9CF7Y?si=wpUaXNZeSriOKS2ai_FRFQ

Excellent one, listened this morning between jobs. Particularly liked the bit about asking the Hibs community what they think.

Well done, keep up the good work

matty_f
23-09-2019, 01:38 PM
Excellent one, listened this morning between jobs. Particularly liked the bit about asking the Hibs community what they think.

Well done, keep up the good work

Thanks, much appreciated! :aok:

The 90+2
23-09-2019, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the Pod, enjoy Munich!

matty_f
23-09-2019, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the Pod, enjoy Munich!

Thanks! Sitting on the plane ready to go, thinking that all the free drink in the lounge might not have been as good an idea as it first seemed. :greengrin.

DaveF
23-09-2019, 08:34 PM
Quality griping lads 😁

hibsbollah
23-09-2019, 09:27 PM
Thanks! Sitting on the plane ready to go, thinking that all the free drink in the lounge might not have been as good an idea as it first seemed. :greengrin.

Tell Josh I invented the Heckxit thing, not him:greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
24-09-2019, 07:29 PM
I think I make more sense when I’m drunk. Well that’s my excuse from now on when I turn up to each podcast absolutely blootered 🕺🏼

BILLYHIBS
24-09-2019, 07:56 PM
I think I make more sense when I’m drunk. Well that’s my excuse from now on when I turn up to each podcast absolutely blootered 🕺🏼

Did Matty go to the Oktoberfest with Thomas Cook?

We might never see him again

24-09-2019, 08:12 PM

You sounded the same as always.

Pedantic_Hibee
24-09-2019, 08:44 PM

Ah well, let’s get everyone on next week in that case!

bingo70
24-09-2019, 08:48 PM
Ah well, let’s get everyone on next week in that case!

Are you in charge of the Podcast while he’s away? Do you know how to work it?

Sounds like you’ve basically got the podcast equivalent of a free hoose.

3pm
25-09-2019, 04:52 PM
Belhaven Best mate? FFS. 😂

Keith_M
25-09-2019, 04:59 PM

Apparently this is Matty and friends arriving in Munich Town Centre.

https://www.destination-munich.com/image-files/dirndl-transvestites.jpg

Pedantic_Hibee
25-09-2019, 09:13 PM
Are you in charge of the Podcast while he’s away? Do you know how to work it?

Sounds like you’ve basically got the podcast equivalent of a free hoose.

Unfortunately not. We could have ran riot.

matty_f
26-09-2019, 08:03 AM
Apparently this is Matty and friends arriving in Munich Town Centre.

https://www.destination-munich.com/image-files/dirndl-transvestites.jpg
I’m the one with the pink hair. :greengrin

hibsbollah
26-09-2019, 09:29 AM
I'd like to raise a point for discussion on the pod, since it doesn't seem to get much currency on here...

'Do the Hibs players get an easier ride than they deserve for us being in the predicament we' re in? The managers various failings have been gone over countless times but the inability of defenders to put in a tackle, midfielders to put their foot on the ball and THINK or strikers to score goals isn't solely the fault of one man'.

Thoughts on a postcard.

matty_f
26-09-2019, 09:50 AM
I'd like to raise a point for discussion on the pod, since it doesn't seem to get much currency on here...

'Do the Hibs players get an easier ride than they deserve for us being in the predicament we' re in? The managers various failings have been gone over countless times but the inability of defenders to put in a tackle, midfielders to put their foot on the ball and THINK or strikers to score goals isn't solely the fault of one man'.

Thoughts on a postcard.

Good shout. We'll cover that on Tuesday - would be good to get folks' thoughts on it to help inform the discussion.

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 09:56 AM

Thoughts on a postcard.

Some players you aren’t allowed to criticise otherwise al the fan club come after you.

bingo70
26-09-2019, 10:12 AM
Good shout. We'll cover that on Tuesday - would be good to get folks' thoughts on it to help inform the discussion.

I don’t think it’s the players fault, very few of them are being played in a way that suits their best attributes. That might not explain individual mistakes but that’s an inevitable consequence when the team isn’t playing well, lacking confidence and is under more pressure than it’s able to withstand.

Stevie Mallan hasn’t turned into a poor player over night, Scott Allan isn’t trying to not be effective, Kamberi isn’t a target man and Doidge will score goals if chances are created for him. Although players are being played in their correct position, ie defence, midfield or attack, they’re being asked to perform roles that isn’t what they are good at so are being judged unfairly.

hibsbollah
26-09-2019, 12:20 PM
I don’t think it’s the players fault, very few of them are being played in a way that suits their best attributes. That might not explain individual mistakes but that’s an inevitable consequence when the team isn’t playing well, lacking confidence and is under more pressure than it’s able to withstand.

Stevie Mallan hasn’t turned into a poor player over night, Scott Allan isn’t trying to not be effective, Kamberi isn’t a target man and Doidge will score goals if chances are created for him. Although players are being played in their correct position, ie defence, midfield or attack, they’re being asked to perform roles that isn’t what they are good at so are being judged unfairly.

Only one or two players, predominantly in the midfield, are being asked to do a different role. I'd argue that the form of certain players, off the top of my head Rocky, Mackie, Hanlon, Stevenson, Horgan and Vela, has nothing to do with any different way of playing or instructions they've been given. (Vela obviously is new so we can't judge any change since the good start the team made at the end of last season). They've just been mince. Pedantic was right to call out Lewis in the pod the other day. Probably my favourite ever Hibs player but can he, or Scott Allan, come to that, really say they are pulling up their sleeves, putting in double sessions, and trying to reach the top of their game? The answer is a clear no from me. The manager looks hopelessly not up to the job but the players can't just get away without responsibility.

hibsbollah
26-09-2019, 12:23 PM
I'd also argue its part of the culture, we all want a scapegoat, usually one guy, when things go sour.

bingo70
26-09-2019, 01:00 PM
Only one or two players, predominantly in the midfield, are being asked to do a different role. I'd argue that the form of certain players, off the top of my head Rocky, Mackie, Hanlon, Stevenson, Horgan and Vela, has nothing to do with any different way of playing or instructions they've been given. (Vela obviously is new so we can't judge any change since the good start the team made at the end of last season). They've just been mince. Pedantic was right to call out Lewis in the pod the other day. Probably my favourite ever Hibs player but can he, or Scott Allan, come to that, really say they are pulling up their sleeves, putting in double sessions, and trying to reach the top of their game? The answer is a clear no from me. The manager looks hopelessly not up to the job but the players can't just get away without responsibility.

I think it comes down to a lack of confidence and a nervousness in the team.

No player ever tries to play badly and I’m not convinced any intentionally down tools, I think it’s a culmination of a number of factors that come from the top.

I always find it difficult to be too critical of players going through a loss of form as it’s normally inexplainable, they’ll be doing all the things they’ve always done the same, it’s just not clicking for them, that happens some times in sport.

If a player is just ***** then I’ll get as frustrated as anyone at them but ultimately it’s not their fault they’re not good enough, it’s the managers for signing them.

Keith_M
26-09-2019, 01:02 PM
I’m the one with the pink hair. :greengrin

Nice legs.

:wink:

matty_f
02-10-2019, 11:59 AM

Thoughts on a postcard.

We didn't have enough time to cover this on this week's podcast, and I think it's a topic that would work best with three on the podcast. so we've got it noted to cover later as I think it's a good talking point.

hibsbollah
02-10-2019, 12:47 PM
We didn't have enough time to cover this on this week's podcast, and I think it's a topic that would work best with three on the podcast. so we've got it noted to cover later as I think it's a good talking point.

By then hopefully we'll be on an unbeaten run and the question will be old news anyway :greengrin

matty_f
02-10-2019, 12:58 PM
By then hopefully we'll be on an unbeaten run and the question will be old news anyway :greengrin

Fingers crossed!!