PDA

View Full Version : You're Nicked (Yam Copper Forgets Where He Is)

Cataplana
22-09-2019, 08:40 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/watch-policeman-instinctively-celebrate-hearts-goal-at-easter-road-before-realising-he-was-working-1-5009055

Looks like Hecky isn't the only guy with some awkward questions to face in the morning.

Carheenlea
22-09-2019, 08:45 PM
I think he might have been one of us - not so much muted celebration but maybe more so frustration at losing a scrambled goal? Could be interpreted either way.

Kano Kirsty
22-09-2019, 09:11 PM
I’m going to write a letter to Police Scotland. That is very unprofessional.

Ringothedog
22-09-2019, 09:16 PM

Feel free

The 90+2
22-09-2019, 09:20 PM
Who the **** cares

Hi Heid Yin
22-09-2019, 09:22 PM
Fair play to the Bobby for forgetting himself momentarily.

mcohibs
22-09-2019, 09:23 PM
Won't face any questions in the morning and nor should he.

Fife-Hibee
22-09-2019, 09:26 PM
Desperate excuse for a "news" article.

Risboro Hibby
22-09-2019, 09:29 PM
Reminds me of when my brother in law (long retired) a jambo for his sins was the duty sergeant at Easter Road on match days. BBC Scotland got a great shot of him grinning like a Cheshire Cat when The Yams once again got a last minute winner against us .

He still recalls the letters of complaint the Chief Constable received from irate Hibbies about his obvious bias. He actually seemed quite proud of it,.

Stokesy's on fire
22-09-2019, 09:32 PM
Maybe he thought he saw a Pitch Invader from his hampden handbook dated 21/05/16?

Hermit Crab
22-09-2019, 10:21 PM

Easily offended? He's only human. I remember a copper giving a fist pump at the Hibs end in the 2-2 draw under Jim Duffy when we equalised. Complain about that while you're at it...

Frankhfc
22-09-2019, 10:43 PM
Its completely unprofessional and of course he should be reprimanded for it but probably won't be. Ridiculous for a supposed keeper of the peace to be seen openly celebrating a goal especially at the opposition's ground. Shocking behaviour.

Fife-Hibee
22-09-2019, 10:50 PM
Its completely unprofessional and of course he should be reprimanded for it but probably won't be. Ridiculous for a supposed keeper of the peace to be seen openly celebrating a goal especially at the opposition's ground. Shocking behaviour.

It's not clear in the split second of footage whether he was even cheering or cursing. No doubt the usual snowflakes will feel the need to validate their sense of social justice though by sending in their complaints over something so trivial.

hibee92
22-09-2019, 11:10 PM

Odd behaviour

sleeping giant
22-09-2019, 11:13 PM
I think he might have been one of us - not so much muted celebration but maybe more so frustration at losing a scrambled goal? Could be interpreted either way.

This was my take too.

Frankhfc
22-09-2019, 11:15 PM
It's not clear in the split second of footage whether he was even cheering or cursing. No doubt the usual snowflakes will feel the need to validate their sense of social justice though by sending in their complaints over something so trivial.

How on earth is being very uncomfortable at seeing a Policeman openly celebrating a teams goal at an opposition ground whose supposed to be looking out for fan misbehaviour in any way snowflake mentality?

Unbelievable attitude from you.

hfc rd
22-09-2019, 11:16 PM

What a waste of paper

Fife-Hibee
22-09-2019, 11:19 PM
How on earth is being very uncomfortable at seeing a Policeman openly celebrating a teams goal at an opposition ground whose supposed to be looking out for fan misbehaviour in any way snowflake mentality?

Unbelievable attitude from you.

You must feel uncomfortable quite often in life if this is bothering you so much. There was once a time when people would see the funny side and simply laugh it off. It's like society has lost the ability to see the funny side to anything anymore as people are so desperate to feel angry and offended about something. It's really quite sad tbh.

Frankhfc
22-09-2019, 11:23 PM
You must feel uncomfortable quite often in life if this is bothering you so much. There was once a time when people would see the funny side and simply laugh it off. It's like society has lost the ability to see the funny side to anything anymore as people are so desperate to feel angry and offended about something. It's really quite sad tbh.

I don't see anything at all funny about a Policeman openly celebrating a goal at an opposition ground he's supposed to be keeping the peace at.

Strange sense of humour these days I suppose.

What's so funny about it?

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2019, 11:25 PM

Come on now, there was no harm done at all. Wasn't there a picture of a copper giving it the 5-1 gesture at a derby a few years ago? Hardly the end of the world.

Fife-Hibee
22-09-2019, 11:26 PM
I don't see anything at all funny about a Policeman openly celebrating a goal at an opposition ground he's supposed to be keeping the peace at.

If he had been celebrating a Hibs goal, we'd all be in raptures about it on here, including yourself. It's not as if he triggered a riot through his actions, he was in the away end. I could understand the implications if he did it in the home stands. Honestly, I just don't think it's worth getting worked up over. We have so many other things to feel angry about.

Frankhfc
22-09-2019, 11:30 PM
If he had been celebrating a Hibs goal, we'd all be in raptures about it on here, including yourself. It's not as if he triggered a riot through his actions, he was in the away end. I could understand the implications if he did it in the home stands. Honestly, I just don't think it's worth getting worked up over. We have so many other things to feel angry about.

I genuinely wouldn't have been in raptures about it if he'd been celebrating a goal for us. Its completely unprofessional.

I'm not at all angry about it either I just find it entirely inappropriate and troublesome.

I think we all should all agree on that without getting either overly defensive or overly angry about it.

The guy's there to stop trouble not potentially create it.

Vault Boy
22-09-2019, 11:31 PM
Quite funny really, if it wasn't related to the embarrassment of my club I'd probably laugh.

CMurdoch
22-09-2019, 11:42 PM
I genuinely wouldn't have been in raptures about it if he'd been celebrating a goal for us. Its completely unprofessional.

I'm not at all angry about it either I just find it entirely inappropriate and troublesome.

I think we all should all agree on that without getting either overly defensive or overly angry about it.

1st World piffel.
Put your energies into something helpful or bore off.

Frankhfc
22-09-2019, 11:54 PM
1st World piffel.
Put your energies into something helpful or bore off.

What is 'first world piffle' and what's actually funny about a policeman at ER celebrating a yam goal?

Fife-Hibee
22-09-2019, 11:59 PM
What is 'first world piffle' and what's actually funny about a policeman at ER celebrating a yam goal?

Perhaps because policemen generally try so hard to maintain character that it's somewhat amusing whenever they slip up. As it reminds us that behind the uniform is still a regular member of the public like the rest of us.

Frankhfc
23-09-2019, 12:06 AM
Perhaps because policemen generally try so hard to maintain character that it's somewhat amusing whenever they slip up. As it reminds us that behind the uniform is still a regular member of the public like the rest of us.

If you find a trackside ER Policeman celebrating a Jambo goal humorous and funny it's you're prerogative, me I don't find it at all humorous or funny and will now depart from this thread.

CMurdoch
23-09-2019, 12:12 AM

First World Piffle - Trivial nonsense that folk in the developed world complain about because they don't have to worry about their real human needs being met.
This incident and your reaction to it falls squarely into First World Piffle

Frankhfc
23-09-2019, 12:16 AM
First World Piffle - Trivial nonsense that folk in the developed world complain about because they don't have to worry about their real human needs being met.

Wow. I've met many Hibs supporters from all walks of society over many years but never one who spouts that drivel. You're seriously feeding folk that nonsense?

Frankhfc
23-09-2019, 12:25 AM

Aside from the 'first world triffle', you never explained what's actually funny about a trackside policeman celebrating a Jambo goal at ER?

Fife-Hibee
23-09-2019, 12:27 AM
Wow. I've met many Hibs supporters from all walks of society over many years but never one who spouts that drivel. You're seriously feeding folk that nonsense?

You may disagree with it, but he has a point. You're getting upset over something that has literally no bearing on your quality of life. You must be very privileged if this kind of thing ruins your week.

Frankhfc
23-09-2019, 12:28 AM
You may disagree with it, but he has a point. You're getting upset over something that has literally no bearing on your quality of life. You must be very privileged if this kind of thing ruins your week.

How does he have a point?

Fife-Hibee
23-09-2019, 12:29 AM
How does he have a point?

Because if you had real life problems, this kind of thing would be the least of your worries.

Frankhfc
23-09-2019, 12:31 AM
Because if you had real life problems, this kind of thing would be the least of your worries.#

How do you know what real life problems I have and what actual real life problems should we have that constitutes being able to raise concerns?

Mixu1875
23-09-2019, 12:31 AM
Who cares? Regardless as to whether he was celebrating a Hearts goal or cursing it, he forgot himself for a moment but quickly realised. Football does that to people, I’d reckon I could I quite possibly lose myself in the heat of the moment if the shoe was on the other foot. No harm done.

Frankhfc
23-09-2019, 12:36 AM
Who cares? Regardless as to whether he was celebrating a Hearts goal or cursing it, he forgot himself for a moment but quickly realised. Football does that to people, I’d reckon I could I quite possibly lose myself in the heat of the moment if the shoe was on the other foot. No harm done.

Its apparently only open to only those without 'first world piffle' trivialities who can comment on ER trackside Police officers openly celebrating a Jambo goal.

Dearie me.

Hibernia&Alba
23-09-2019, 12:37 AM

I would get it right up the smellies with a massive sign:

:giruy2:

:greengrin

Fife-Hibee
23-09-2019, 12:43 AM
Its apparently only open to only those without 'first world piffle' trivialities who can comment on ER trackside Police officers openly celebrating a Jambo goal.

Dearie me.

For a newly found Liberal Democrat, you're not half anti-liberal and anti-democrat when it comes to freedom of expression. :wink:

Frankhfc
23-09-2019, 12:44 AM
I would get it right up the smellies with a massive sign:

:giruy2:

I have mates who back in the day were swayed down or just jubilantly jumping down onto the trackside and were swiftly arrested for their troubles, not only thrown out but done with a breach of the peace. To see a policeman openly celebrating a Jambo goal on the same trackside and loudly lauded for it by some doesn't really do it for me.

Frankhfc
23-09-2019, 12:51 AM
For a newly found Liberal Democrat, you're not half anti-liberal and anti-democrat when it comes to freedom of expression. :wink:

First world piffle no?

Hibernia&Alba
23-09-2019, 01:05 AM
I have mates who back in the day were swayed down or just jubilantly jumping down onto the trackside and were swiftly arrested for their troubles, not only thrown out but done with a breach of the peace. To see a policeman openly celebrating a Jambo goal on the same trackside and loudly lauded for it by some doesn't really do it for me.
It's just human emotion on the spur of the moment. I would very likely be the same.

WestCoastHibby
23-09-2019, 01:08 AM

I’d be more concerned about those on here that make a mountain out of a molehill.
They need to get a life

.Sean.
23-09-2019, 06:07 AM
Grass

Hibs1969
23-09-2019, 06:30 AM
In the grand scheme of things, this is nothing.

Why not worry about:

Us losing after scoring at home against our biggest rivals;
Then sitting back and allowing them unlimited possession and territory against us;
Losing at home against a dreadful Hearts team on their worst run in decades;
one league win in 10;
a clueless, arrogant manager;
an increasingly unhappy support
a dreadful summer recruitment campaign

I could go on but it’s Monday and I know I’m going to have to front up to a bunch of gloating Jambos at work who this time last week were suicidal and now have bragging rights.

Incidentally, there was a cop from Leith Police Station in the 70s and 80s who was renowned for celebrating in the East stand by taking his hat off and throwing it in the air whenever Hibs scored. I wonder how he’d get on nowadays?

bigwheel
23-09-2019, 06:34 AM

Hahaha. Are you really ?? Perhaps get a new hobby - seems you have too much time on your hands ....

I think it’s a funny clip ...

Weegreenman
23-09-2019, 06:38 AM
So it’s ok if Police all over Britain start to celebrate goals then aye?
Get a grip!

A player gets reprimanded for celebrating a goal ffs!
Totally inappropriate behaviour and he should be reprimanded.

Sioux
23-09-2019, 06:43 AM
Get a grip!

What a state!

lyonhibs
23-09-2019, 06:58 AM
Writing letters and wanting him reprimanded 😂😂😂😂

Who gives a ****? There's crimes against Hibernian being committed by some in green on the pitch and in the dugout, wouldn't have minded him frogmarching Heckingbottom out.

Scouse Hibee
23-09-2019, 07:00 AM

The thing is it is not clear whether he was celebrating or throwing his arms in despair so your openly celebrating quote is wide of the mark.

bigwheel
23-09-2019, 07:01 AM
Get a grip!

Hahahaha

One Day Soon
23-09-2019, 07:10 AM
This thread. WTAF?

kentao
23-09-2019, 07:24 AM
Good on him. He was hardly doing cartwheels and GIRUY hand motions. He's only human and a victory under Avril is a rare occasion.

TheHarpy76
23-09-2019, 07:28 AM
Letter of complaints?

“He should be reprimanded!”

Get a grip ffs...Have you any idea how bitter that makes us sound?

The boy forgot himself for a split second...Big ****** deal. We would be pissing ourselves if the shoe was on the other foot.

Brightside
23-09-2019, 07:30 AM
if only the copper paid a bit more attention to the red hand of ulster flag they were flying.

Hermit Crab
23-09-2019, 07:33 AM
if only the copper paid a bit more attention to the red hand of ulster flag they were flying.

Not illegal to have that is it.

Sammy7nil
23-09-2019, 07:38 AM

WOW ( I hate wow :greengrin) You need to get out more speak to people it will help.

I'm Spartacus
23-09-2019, 08:19 AM

You're at it.

sh00byd00
23-09-2019, 08:21 AM
Jesus, we're sounding more like Rangers fans everyday. Desperate to write complaints about anything and everything just so can can continue to shift focus on the shambles that is currently our football team. We could always boycott SKY, Wullie Hills and anything else we deem anti Hibs.

Hibrandenburg
23-09-2019, 08:29 AM
Get a grip!

Personally I think it's funny. Not sure if he's celebrating or cursing but whatever he's doing is showing a wee bit of human emotion, I personally don't think that's a bad characteristic in a police officer. It's not as if he was giving it the "get it right roond yeh", just a momentary slip of the professional mask.

Peevemor
23-09-2019, 08:30 AM
Personally I think it's funny. Not sure if he's celebrating or cursing but whatever he's doing is showing a wee bit of human emotion, I personally don't think that's a bad characteristic in a police officer. It's not as if he was giving it the "get it right roond yeh", just a momentary slip of the professional mask.

Exactly.

Moody Blues
23-09-2019, 08:36 AM

Definately this. Who cares about the copper.
What are we coming to as supporters if we are upset by this.
Anyway! Who says his actions were not of a hibby in despair at our powder puff defence conceding a goal.

Pretty Boy
23-09-2019, 08:42 AM
Who cares?

A guy momentarily forgets where he is and gives a fist pump/throws his arm up in despair. I take it those moaning have never had a lapse in concentration at work?

I'd love it if this was only thing we had to worry about after that game yesterday.

hibeerealist
23-09-2019, 10:00 AM
Writing letters and wanting him reprimanded 😂😂😂😂

Who gives a ****? There's crimes against Hibernian being committed by some in green on the pitch and in the dugout, wouldn't have minded him frogmarching Heckingbottom out.

Ha Ha :top marks

big gogs
23-09-2019, 10:42 AM
Easily offended? He's only human. I remember a copper giving a fist pump at the Hibs end in the 2-2 draw under Jim Duffy when we equalised. Complain about that while you're at it...

I would be shocked if it was the referee that celebrated a goal against us ,but a policeman,really don't care

Kano Kirsty
23-09-2019, 10:46 AM
Having slept on it and calmed down a little after yesterday’s frustrations I now realise how ridiculous my previous drunken post was. The man doesn’t do a great deal wrong in fairness. No harm done and he just got caught up in the moment.

bigwheel
23-09-2019, 10:55 AM
Having slept on it and calmed down a little after yesterday’s frustrations I now realise how ridiculous my previous drunken post was. The man doesn’t do a great deal wrong in fairness. No harm done and he just got caught up in the moment.

[emoji2][emoji106][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]. Fair play ...

J-C
23-09-2019, 12:53 PM
My daughter in law is a policewoman and she said he'll be reprimanded, very unprofessional.

CMurdoch
23-09-2019, 01:46 PM
My daughter in law is a policewoman and she said he'll be reprimanded, ber unprofessional.

He will, they get away with nowt with the combination of social media and career conscious bosses.

CMurdoch
23-09-2019, 02:01 PM

At last!

You have issues with the Police because they arrested your pals back in the day at the football and now you want them pulled up at every opportunity.

You do realise it's not the same cops. The ones you are upset about are probably retired and season ticket holders at Easter Road.

IMO it is better that cops working at the football are football supporters because they know the dynamics of a match and the supporters.
They are therefore less likely to overreact and more likely to recognise real issues.
The downside is they might occasionally give themselves away if their team scores or loses a goal.

turn and burn
23-09-2019, 02:46 PM
3 pages for an absolute non-event. Get over it and move on!

Cataplana
23-09-2019, 04:16 PM
3 pages for an absolute non-event. Get over it and move on!

The pleasing thing has been that nearly everybody saw the funny side.

Just_Jimmy
23-09-2019, 04:17 PM
My daughter in law is a policewoman and she said he'll be reprimanded, very unprofessional.Probably because the bosses are career centric egomaniacs who don't give a toss about the rank and file.

I 100% not a single one of his colleagues will be arsed about it because they've a million more important things going on...

It's good to see the majority on here as in tune with the real world too. The football is generally a perk of the job for the ones who are football fans and God knows there's enough **** and danger that it's needed.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Lago
23-09-2019, 04:36 PM

'Entirely inappropriate and troublesome' ? Straight out of the P. C. handbook.
Give me strength.

Dolce7
23-09-2019, 05:01 PM

Good on you to realise writing a letter would be an over reaction
football is a passionate sport and sometimes we all get carried away

Franck Stanton
23-09-2019, 06:02 PM
Knowing the cop personally, can confirm he certainly wasn't celebrating. A Hibby through & through.

The 90+2
23-09-2019, 06:08 PM
My daughter in law is a policewoman and she said he'll be reprimanded, very unprofessional.

Unless his boss is the one ****ging Lee Makels missus - he doesn’t mind letting our a wee bit of emotion after scoring.

CMurdoch
23-09-2019, 06:08 PM
Knowing the cop personally, can confirm he certainly wasn't celebrating. A Hibby through & through.

Spare a thought for the guy. A Hibee in mourning AND in the brown stuff with his bosses. Poor guy.

The 90+2
23-09-2019, 06:09 PM

Worst job ever being in front of they knobbers going mental.

cad
23-09-2019, 09:56 PM

Could have done with your post 74 posts ago my mate theres been an outbreak of twisted knicker by a few ,a copper with emotion jeez,
the biggest faux pas yesterday was the " Your getting sacked in the morning" chant ,that went well eh.

23-09-2019, 10:09 PM

Awck lighten up man fs. The guys obviously a hearts fan, has watched his team score and just instinctively reacted without thinking. If I was a copper and in the hibs end on duty at tynecastle and we scored I'd prob do the same. Not deliberately but its just a sudden reaction. Police are humans too, they too are fans just like the rest of us.

No need to get all hot and bothered up it, I thought it was quite funny and I'm sure we'd all find it brilliant if it had been a hibs policeman doing it when we scored. As I say, lighten up.

The dalmeny
24-09-2019, 04:44 PM
Spare a thought for the guy. A Hibee in mourning AND in the brown stuff with his bosses. Poor guy.

And in front of the Hearts fans, punishment enough

The Harp Awakes
24-09-2019, 05:44 PM
As a quinquagenarian and a Hibs fan and ST holder of over 40 years, I find today's world wierd at times.

On one hand you have the keyboard warriors on social media, who get away with hurling abuse at others some of which is nasty, racist, homophobic etc. On the other hand there's the over sensitive souls who get their knickers in a twist over a police officer displaying non-offensive human emotion.

I can remember going to Hibs away games in the 80s/90s, predominantly in Glasgow I'd add, when it was not uncommon for police officers to spout sectarian abuse at Hibs fans. I can remember 3 separate occasions when I was called a fenian ******* by police officers when minding my own business going into the game at Ibrox (twice) and Hampden (once). They were clearly looking for a reaction so they could nick me. Didn't give them the satisfaction.

hibbydog
24-09-2019, 06:06 PM

I found it funny. Couldn’t contain his happiness. There’s a humour in forgetting your job and showing your emotions.

No problem with me at all

weecounty hibby
24-09-2019, 06:32 PM

He showed tremendous restraint and professionalism then. I would have had the baton out and made a number of arrests for breach and resisting arrest and various other offences that I could make up!!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-09-2019, 06:45 PM
As a quinquagenarian and a Hibs fan and ST holder of over 40 years, I find today's world wierd at times.

On one hand you have the keyboard warriors on social media, who get away with hurling abuse at others some of which is nasty, racist, homophobic etc. On the other hand there's the over sensitive souls who get their knickers in a twist over a police officer displaying non-offensive human emotion.

I can remember going to Hibs away games in the 80s/90s, predominantly in Glasgow I'd add, when it was not uncommon for police officers to spout sectarian abuse at Hibs fans. I can remember 3 separate occasions when I was called a fenian ******* by police officers when minding my own business going into the game at Ibrox (twice) and Hampden (once). They were clearly looking for a reaction so they could nick me. Didn't give them the satisfaction.

Quinquagenarian! Every day's a school day! ☺

The Harp Awakes
24-09-2019, 06:57 PM
Quinquagenarian! Every day's a school day! ☺

Doh Rae Me
24-09-2019, 07:24 PM
Quinquagenarian?
Didn't he used to play for them?

Itsnoteasy
24-09-2019, 07:27 PM

Is he commiting a breach of the peace?
Is it just your mates who jubilantly jump trackside? As it's not something I see very often at Hibs games, they deserve to be flung oot as everyone else manages to stay on the terraces.

Itsnoteasy
24-09-2019, 07:28 PM
Quinquagenarian?
Didn't he used to play for them?

How many points at Scrabble for that one?

Doh Rae Me
24-09-2019, 07:34 PM
How many points at Scrabble for that one?

I dunno but after a quick Google search I've found out I'm one too!

Kano Kirsty
24-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Awck lighten up man fs. The guys obviously a hearts fan, has watched his team score and just instinctively reacted without thinking. If I was a copper and in the hibs end on duty at tynecastle and we scored I'd prob do the same. Not deliberately but its just a sudden reaction. Police are humans too, they too are fans just like the rest of us.

No need to get all hot and bothered up it, I thought it was quite funny and I'm sure we'd all find it brilliant if it had been a hibs policeman doing it when we scored. As I say, lighten up.

Agreed, as per my post above. 👍

Tomsk
24-09-2019, 08:18 PM
'Entirely inappropriate and troublesome' ? Straight out of the P. C. handbook.
Give me strength.

See what you did there.

24-09-2019, 08:25 PM
Agreed, as per my post above. 👍

Apologies pal, never saw your other post! Fair enough :aok:

The Spaceman
24-09-2019, 08:56 PM
How can people actually be annoyed about this? Grow up you absolute children.

pacoluna
24-09-2019, 09:23 PM
Probably because the bosses are career centric egomaniacs who don't give a toss about the rank and file.

I 100% not a single one of his colleagues will be arsed about it because they've a million more important things going on...

It's good to see the majority on here as in tune with the real world too. The football is generally a perk of the job for the ones who are football fans and God knows there's enough **** and danger that it's needed.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Police Scotland are about as competent as the current hibs squad.