PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

the tornadoe
22-09-2019, 07:25 PM
The guy must be thing WTF am I doing here !!!! seen his face a few times today and was thinking he is totally p****d off

1875Sean
22-09-2019, 07:26 PM
Unreal other players get it tight for not pulling there weight but some people think Allan is untouchable

Sammy7nil
The guy must be thing WTF am I doing here !!!! seen his face a few times today and was thinking he is totally p****d off

Yeah he should have stayed on the bench at Rotherham.

graciehfc

Totally agree !!! The only player that actually wants to get the ball into feet and play forward attacking passes. We lack width and a presence in the box

MWHIBBIES
22-09-2019, 07:27 PM
No real plan to free him up, get him involved. Few times he did have it he made some clever passes and looked forward.

Springbank
22-09-2019, 07:27 PM
Allan played the best passes of the day.
If the players getting on the end dont get a shot off then that's on them not SA

JohnM1875
22-09-2019, 07:30 PM
At least when Allan get's the ball he turns and runs at people! His passing and vision is the only positive we have just now.

GonzoReturns
22-09-2019, 07:31 PM
Wanted to inject pace into everything we were doing others around him too slow. We know what he is and what he provides team needs built around him.

Mango Man
22-09-2019, 07:32 PM
Looked like Allan and Stevenson were having a wee go at each other through the game, never usually see Stevo shouting like that, good on him, need more of that.

But Allan and Mallan just can't play in the same midfield it seems.

Leith Green
22-09-2019, 07:34 PM
There is a big problem, scott allan isnt the reason. He will be a big part of the answer when a new manager comes in and sorts the team out though

hibeejeebies
22-09-2019, 07:36 PM
There is a big problem, scott allan isnt the reason. He will be a big part of the answer when a new manager comes in and sorts the team out though

This.

Hi Heid Yin
22-09-2019, 07:37 PM

:top marks

Weegreenman
22-09-2019, 07:40 PM
He’s the only real bit of quality we have in my opinion.

Instead of bringing in nine other very average players, why not push the boat out and bring in another couple of tried and tested like Allan is?
You could fill the rest of the squad with young development squad, they can’t be any worse than some of this lot.

DH1875
22-09-2019, 07:42 PM
I genuinely think that Flo constantly drifting out to the left has a big impact (in a negative way) on Scott Allan game.

hibeerealist
22-09-2019, 07:44 PM

The Manager has a lot to do with that I am afraid.

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2019, 07:45 PM
He's a class above the vast majority of his teammates, which can't be easy for him, but we need him more than ever now. He must help us through this mess.

majorhibs
22-09-2019, 07:45 PM
Unreal other players get it tight for not pulling there weight but some people think Allan is untouchable

Glue?

thegaffer12
22-09-2019, 07:46 PM
After the game he just seemed miserable. I don't blame him in the slightest.

HibsGW
22-09-2019, 07:48 PM
I get that he can’t be free of criticism but Allan is by a mile our best player and is still putting in the necessary effort. His role isn’t easy when he thrives off setting up his teammates in attacking positions when he plays amongst a team of players who don’t understand how to attack at the moment. He is by a mile the least of our worries at the moment and is the only player I can see bailing us out of some of these difficult positions we’re finding ourselves in at the moment, along with Marciano when he’s on form making goal-stopping saves.

1875Sean
22-09-2019, 07:49 PM
Glue?

Keyboard warrior?

jeffers
22-09-2019, 07:51 PM
As others have said Scott Allan is not the issue.

Wasn’t his best performance today but still some great quality, his pass in the first half to Naismith was sublime. Trouble is no quality beside him and not enough movement ahead of him. IMO we should build the team around him and a couple of others.

hfc rd
22-09-2019, 07:54 PM
As others have said Scott Allan is not the issue.

Wasn’t his best performance today but still some great quality, his pass in the first half to Naismith was sublime. Trouble is no quality beside him and not enough movement ahead of him. IMO we should build the team around him and a couple of others.

Yep.

He’s the only player that we have that has the quality and vision to play these types of passes. Problem is, his teammates aren’t on the same wavelength as him.

majorhibs
22-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Keyboard warrior?

Pal yer a wee zoomer. Very wee. Scott Allan howevers a very good player that could hopefully lead to better times as his ability in the right team could be immense. Understand, wee wee man.

tamig
22-09-2019, 08:04 PM

Scott Allan chased down the whole game today and played some beautiful balls. No blame attached to him whatsoever. What did he do today that made you come out with the unnecessary untouchable comment?

Coco Bryce
22-09-2019, 08:06 PM
Had a right go at Stevenson in the 1st half and rightly so. He's a step ahead of everyone in the team and on a different wavelength.

HFC 0-7
22-09-2019, 08:06 PM
Doesn’t do enough of the ball when the team really need it. Same could be said for Kamberi, great player but sometimes they need to work harder off the ball closng players down. Their defenders were able to hoof the ball without much pressure from us.

G B Young
22-09-2019, 08:07 PM
He thought when he signed that he'd be coming to play for Lennon, under whom he thrived last time round.

Must be disappointing and frustrating for him that the squad quality has taken such a nosedive since he was last here.

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 08:09 PM
He cant do it all himself. Especially when the ball is being shafted over his head on a regular basis towards kamberi.

B.H.F.C
22-09-2019, 08:14 PM
Looked like Allan and Stevenson were having a wee go at each other through the game, never usually see Stevo shouting like that, good on him, need more of that.

Allan has a go at him in the first half because he didn’t give him the ball from a throw in. And rightly so.

Stevenson was absolutely terrible today. So slow and hesitant every time he had the ball. Didn’t want it and didn’t want to do anything with it when he did get it. Won’t be popular but one of the hiders.

Clarence
22-09-2019, 08:14 PM
Was apparently heckled by fans when doing his MOTM speech in hospitality. Bit disappointing that fans are turning on the players like that.

Stuart93
22-09-2019, 08:16 PM
Was apparently heckled by fans when doing his MOTM speech in hospitality. Bit disappointing that fans are turning on the players like that.

Is it? Think it’s entirely understandable to be honest

thegaffer12
22-09-2019, 08:16 PM

Was just one guy. Barry asked "what can you say about that game?" and a guy shouted "an apology would be a start". Got a good applause from the rest of hospitality though.

hibee_girl
22-09-2019, 08:17 PM
Allan has a go at him in the first half because he didn’t give him the ball from a throw in. And rightly so.

Stevenson was absolutely terrible today. So slow and hesitant every time he had the ball. Didn’t want it and didn’t want to do anything with it when he did get it. Won’t be popular but one of the hiders.

Stevenson has never hid.

He might not have had a good game, in your opinion, but he’ll never hide especially in a derby.

Unseen work
22-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Doesn’t do enough of the ball when the team really need it. Same could be said for Kamberi, great player but sometimes they need to work harder off the ball closng players down. Their defenders were able to hoof the ball without much pressure from us.

Allan is one of our only players that actually presses the opposition.

truehibernian
22-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Had McGinn, McGeouch and an on form Bartley around him most of the time last time - now he has a statue (Vela), a lightweight (Mallan) and a poster boy (Hallberg) around him.

Can't complain that he is peed off. I would be too with that shower of **** around the midfield.

B.H.F.C
22-09-2019, 08:20 PM
Stevenson has never hid.

He might not have had a good game, in your opinion, but he’ll never hide especially in a derby.

He just kicked the ball the way he was facing and it was because he didn’t want it in the first place. That’s hiding on a football pitch.

Tell me when he got it and tried to be positive or take responsibility?

cmcd
22-09-2019, 08:26 PM
He just kicked the ball the way he was facing and it was because he didn’t want it in the first place. That’s hiding on a football pitch.

Tell me when he got it and tried to be positive or take responsibility?

On numerous occasions he went charging forward wanted to cross but nobody in the box .He got abuse from a few people but what else could he do but pass backwards

jacomo
22-09-2019, 08:28 PM

You are missing the point by a mile.

B.H.F.C
22-09-2019, 08:28 PM
On numerous occasions he went charging forward wanted to cross but nobody in the box .He got abuse from a few people but what else could he do but pass backwards

Like the time he had the full back one on one in the first half. Dithered and dithered and dithered. Turned round and passed the ball out the park.

Senior pros really letting us down and he’s our most senior pro. But he tries hard.

cmcd
22-09-2019, 08:35 PM
Like the time he had the full back one on one in the first half. Dithered and dithered and dithered. Turned round and passed the ball out the park.

Senior pros really letting us down and he’s our most senior pro. But he tries hard.

So he kicked the ball out once .That doesn't make him a hide. A number of players on both sides done the same

B.H.F.C
22-09-2019, 08:40 PM
So he kicked the ball out once .That doesn't make him a hide. A number of players on both sides done the same

Not basing it solely on that, just an example. It wasn’t the fact he played it out the park in that instance, that can happen. It was his lack of positivity. His team mates were even getting annoyed with him because he didn’t want to pass the ball forward to them. Much easier to turn back and pass it to Hanlon. Kamberi made half a dozen runs in the first half in to that channel but the ball never went forward.

JohnM1875
22-09-2019, 08:56 PM
Not basing it solely on that, just an example. It wasn’t the fact he played it out the park in that instance, that can happen. It was his lack of positivity. His team mates were even getting annoyed with him because he didn’t want to pass the ball forward to them. Much easier to turn back and pass it to Hanlon. Kamberi made half a dozen runs in the first half in to that channel but the ball never went forward.

Spot on. Allan had a right go at Lewie as well from a throw in when he failed to just throw it into feet

Lewis wasn't great today. I'm sure he'd be the first one to admit that.

Fergos
22-09-2019, 09:02 PM
If PH has signed a decent midfield then we wouldn’t be relying so much on others with the ball. Our midfield seem to be in the habit of taking the ball then passing it back to a defender to do something with it. Tactically shocking and lacking any kind of responsibility or leadership.

SA at least tries to create something and you can see his frustration with the state of affairs around him. Thought he worked hard too today whilst given little protection from the ref.

GGTTH

MrRobot
22-09-2019, 09:30 PM

stevenson was murder today. allan seemed to be having a go cause he was slow as **** with his throw ins.

wookie70
22-09-2019, 09:39 PM
Allan is one of our only players that actually presses the opposition.

I don't agree. He does it 3 or 4 times during a game but for the most part he is a man short when we don't have the ball. Flo covers so much more ground pressing and if Allan and others helped him we might get the fabled high press. For the last month or so Allan has been just as poor as most of the others and loses good possession far too often. He does however have the baws to take the ball and make forward passed. He just chooses the wrong one too often. The problem is that Mallan and Horgan don't work anywhere near hard enough either and from the limited amount I have seen Vela may be the same.

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2019, 09:40 PM
We have a midfield who cant/wont/never protect the back 4, when this happens whoever plays at the back will always be under pressure.

JohnM1875
22-09-2019, 09:46 PM
I don't agree. He does it 3 or 4 times during a game but for the most part he is a man short when we don't have the ball. Flo covers so much more ground pressing and if Allan and others helped him we might get the fabled high press. For the last month or so Allan has been just as poor as most of the others and loses good possession far too often. He does however have the baws to take the ball and make forward passed. He just chooses the wrong one too often. The problem is that Mallan and Horgan don't work anywhere near hard enough either and from the limited amount I have seen Vela may be the same.

Allan is a man short? Really? He's consistently trying to implement this famous high press we were all promised! Always closing down their defence and asking people to go and press when he does. Only Flo matches Allan's work rate during the game.

Stuart93
22-09-2019, 09:46 PM
Thought what Allan done he done well today, only player looking to make a forward pass.

Absolutely no one around him to make anything happen

There’s no one in front of him when kamberi drops deep for the ball

Hi Heid Yin
22-09-2019, 09:47 PM
He thought when he signed that he'd be coming to play for Lennon, under whom he thrived last time round.

Must be disappointing and frustrating for him that the squad quality has taken such a nosedive since he was last here.

:top marks

SeanWilson
23-09-2019, 08:10 AM
He played a ball in the first half, through the lines towards where Horgan should be making a run. Horgan stood still, rather than making said run and SA just stood and looked at the sky. SA is a great wee player but it's pointless if others are not on his wavelength.

Cataplana
23-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Is it? Think it’s entirely understandable to be honest

Understandable in the context of too much drink on an empty head

Completely out of order.

midfield_maestro
23-09-2019, 12:42 PM
Stevenson is one of my first picks but he had a stinker yesterday.

hibee_girl
23-09-2019, 12:51 PM
Stevenson is one of my first picks but he had a stinker yesterday.

Already said this on the pm board today but we need to remember Stevenson missed all of preseason and was thrown back into the team before he was fully fit. That might be partly why he’s not on form at the minute.

ColintonHibs
23-09-2019, 01:03 PM

I started a thread saying allan was mince in the 2-2 game and the thread got deleted for “utter nonsense”. He’s been suspect all season! He’s lazy and has a bad attitude

B.H.F.C
23-09-2019, 01:16 PM
I started a thread saying allan was mince in the 2-2 game and the thread got deleted for “utter nonsense”. He’s been suspect all season! He’s lazy and has a bad attitude

Allan, like the rest of them, can be criticised for performances because our attacking players are doing nowhere near enough. Nothing wrong with his attitude though.

Wilson
23-09-2019, 01:21 PM

Utter nonsense.

Keyser Sauzee
23-09-2019, 02:04 PM
Already said this on the pm board today but we need to remember Stevenson missed all of preseason and was thrown back into the team before he was fully fit. That might be partly why he’s not on form at the minute.

Or, and please dont dismiss this through blind loyalty, he's just not good enough anymore.

hibee_girl
23-09-2019, 02:16 PM
Or, and please dont dismiss this through blind loyalty, he's just not good enough anymore.

Time will tell.

Keyser Sauzee
23-09-2019, 02:18 PM
Time will tell.

I think it’s starting to tell already.

hibeerealist
23-09-2019, 06:08 PM

FFS Messi would struggle in this midfield - SA is NOT the problem it is plain for all to see.

Smartie
23-09-2019, 06:21 PM
Stevenson needs to do more than he did yesterday, he was really pissing me off (and that is from a fan of his).

You need to show more courage than he did yesterday, and by that I mean sometimes you need to try a pass or a dribble that might not come off. The number of times we were in a decent position and got the ball out to him only for him to double back and make a very safe pass (or on one occasion just knock it out of play) was incredible - and that was just the first 20 minutes. His unwillingness to get forward by taking a man on, or by knocking it into Flo's feet and risk losing the ball (or winning a throw in, or getting a lucky ricochet in the middle of the park or maybe even start a cracking move) is costing us.

He's one of the players who doesn't look like he believes in himself right now and he doesn't look like he believes in the ability of our other players to make something of a pass forward. Say what you like about Scott Allan and his World Cup passes, he never stops trying them and he's never far away from playing our players in in very dangerous situations.

Stevenson is now a senior player and he needs to get a grip as much as anyone.

And before anyone says "he never set a foot wrong", that's the whole point. If you never try anything, you always come back the way, you always take the easy option then it's easy to shrug your shoulders, point at other players and ask them to tell you when you gave the ball away or got wrong side of your man. That's not playing well, leadership or courageous - it's hiding, and that doesn't win derbies.

He should know better.

Skol
23-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Smartie, I agree with you 100%.

For all the Lewis is dependable sometimes he needs to take a risk. Sadly he has always been risk averse and he wont change now.

we are hibs
23-09-2019, 06:37 PM
Stevenson needs to do more than he did yesterday, he was really pissing me off (and that is from a fan of his).

You need to show more courage than he did yesterday, and by that I mean sometimes you need to try a pass or a dribble that might not come off. The number of times we were in a decent position and got the ball out to him only for him to double back and make a very safe pass (or on one occasion just knock it out of play) was incredible - and that was just the first 20 minutes. His unwillingness to get forward by taking a man on, or by knocking it into Flo's feet and risk losing the ball (or winning a throw in, or getting a lucky ricochet in the middle of the park or maybe even start a cracking move) is costing us.

He's one of the players who doesn't look like he believes in himself right now and he doesn't look like he believes in the ability of our other players to make something of a pass forward. Say what you like about Scott Allan and his World Cup passes, he never stops trying them and he's never far away from playing our players in in very dangerous situations.

And before anyone says "he never set a foot wrong", that's the whole point. If you never try anything, you always come back the way, you always take the easy option then it's easy to shrug your shoulders, point at other players and ask them to tell you when you gave the ball away or got wrong side of your man. That's not playing well, leadership or courageous - it's hiding, and that doesn't win derbies.

He should know better.

There was one in the first half where stevenson had the ball just inside our own half and kamberi made a great run, arm in air wanting it played through and he went sideways. Kamberi was raging with him. Its not the fact we are trying things and it isnt coming off, its the fact we are trying nothing at all.

Gmack7
23-09-2019, 06:40 PM
unfortunately for us Hickey showed what can happen when your full back takes a risk and lets one fly with his weaker foot, I'm not sure Lewis would ever try that.

23-09-2019, 06:44 PM
Smartie, I agree with you 100%.

For all the Lewis is dependable sometimes he needs to take a risk. Sadly he has always been risk averse and he wont change now.

Lewis always makes himself available for an out ball on the wide left. In the past he has been able to drive forward making telling forward passes and very often getting crosses into the box. For him to do that his midfield and forward colleagues have to make proper runs and make themselves available to accept the passes/crosses. Under this clown of a manager we don’t seem to have the players or style of football where that is happening, as a result of which rather than give the ball away it seems to me Lewis is forced into turning back and playing a safe pass to Hanlon. This happened far too often yesterday I have to admit but I am not sure the blame for that can be laid entirely at Lewis’s feet.

B.H.F.C
23-09-2019, 06:45 PM

He should know better.

Good post and exactly what I was getting at when I said he was hiding and unwilling to take any responsibility.

As you say, he’s one of the senior pros. But when times are tough, the senior pros need to drag the rest of them through and I didn’t think he tried to do that at all yesterday.

23-09-2019, 06:51 PM
I
Good post and exactly what I was getting at when I said he was hiding and unwilling to take any responsibility.

As you say, he’s one of the senior pros. But when times are tough, the senior pros need to drag the rest of them through and I didn’t think he tried to do that at all yesterday.

Sorry he doesn’t hide. He is the go to man for an out ball for the back four. That is not hiding. Yesterday he had a poor game in terms of what he was able to do with it but he can’t be accused of hiding.

B.H.F.C
23-09-2019, 06:54 PM
I

Sorry he doesn’t hide. He is the go to man for an out ball for the back four. That is not hiding. Yesterday he had a poor game in terms of what he was able to do with it but he can’t be accused of hiding.

He’s naturally available for the ball a lot of the time because of his position on the pitch. Every time he got it yesterday his first thought was back the way. No sense of taking responsibility. You could feel the panic and hesitancy setting in before it even reached him.

23-09-2019, 07:09 PM
L
He’s naturally available for the ball a lot of the time because of his position on the pitch. Every time he got it yesterday his first thought was back the way. No sense of taking responsibility. You could feel the panic and hesitancy setting in before it even reached him.

I disagree that he is naturally available. By that logic Naismith would be naturally available but isn’t.
Part of the team’s tactics is the Lewis makes himself available. I don’t disagree that he had a poor game yesterday but if you look at other good teams playing out from the back the count the number of other players that then make themselves available to take a pass from the player in possession. Do you think that happened for Lewis yesterday. What you saw as panic and hesitancy yesterday was probably Lewis thinking wtf am I going to do with this knowing that he had no options open to him.

Smartie
23-09-2019, 07:16 PM
L

I disagree that he is naturally available. By that logic Naismith would be naturally available but isn’t.
Part of the team’s tactics is the Lewis makes himself available. I don’t disagree that he had a poor game yesterday but if you look at other good teams playing out from the back the count the number of other players that then make themselves available to take a pass from the player in possession. Do you think that happened for Lewis yesterday. What you saw as panic and hesitancy yesterday was probably Lewis thinking wtf am I going to do with this knowing that he had no options open to him.

He repeatedly had several options that he chose not to take, favouring the safe option every time.

It was doing my nut.

Re Naismith - He might not have been lurking about in the RB position all game but at one point he got on the end of a beautiful Scott Allan ball inside their fullback. If the opposition know you have the ability and desire to get forward and not just come back all the time then you are harder to play against.

DJ HIBBY
23-09-2019, 07:22 PM
He played a ball in the first half, through the lines towards where Horgan should be making a run. Horgan stood still, rather than making said run and SA just stood and looked at the sky. SA is a great wee player but it's pointless if others are not on his wavelength.

He actually pointed and delayed pass as long as possible until Horgan could understand where to go. Horrific from Horgan. Agree with other comments on Stevenson, too slow and ponderous in attack.

B.H.F.C
23-09-2019, 07:23 PM
L

We’re going to have to agree to disagree. I happen to think Stevenson is getting away with murder at the moment because he’s Mr Hibs. He’s our most experienced player and I don’t think he’s doing nearly enough to help pull the others through. It doesn’t surprise me because that not really him, but it does frustrate me. You don’t see it that way, fair enough.

As for the Naismith comparison, I thought he saw just as much of the ball. Didn’t think he was great but he tried to challenge higher up the pitch, was the only one of the two to get behind them to the byline (in the first half) and tried to get in at the back post when Horgan should have picked him out (second half). I thought he showed more intent than Stevenson.

eastcoasthibby
23-09-2019, 07:24 PM

Allan was having a go at Stevenson in the first half a few times he came asking for the ball and Lewis as per usual dithered on making the pass until it was too late and at least once didn't make the pass at all and did his usual check back ..another time was a throw in in their corner Lewis had the ball in his hand Allan had the player at his back asking for the throw to feet at that time it was 2 v 1 Lewis didn't through it and they got another 2 bodies over and the opportunity was lost ...I am convinced it is stuff like that that is frustrating Allan ..I can see why it's instances like this when you see he is on a different level ...Lewis has his strengths but he just very rarely plays and ball into an area where one of his players is moving into it's normally has to be to someone standing still .. any how it is healthy for players to be having a go at each other we need more of them to show they care !!

23-09-2019, 07:43 PM
We’re going to have to agree to disagree. I happen to think Stevenson is getting away with murder at the moment because he’s Mr Hibs. He’s our most experienced player and I don’t think he’s doing nearly enough to help pull the others through. It doesn’t surprise me because that not really him, but it does frustrate me. You don’t see it that way, fair enough.

As for the Naismith comparison, I thought he saw just as much of the ball. Didn’t think he was great but he tried to challenge higher up the pitch, was the only one of the two to get behind them to the byline (in the first half) and tried to get in at the back post when Horgan should have picked him out (second half). I thought he showed more intent than Stevenson.

Agreed. I am not on here to fall out with anyone. I just think that Lewis, who is not blessed with the best football brain, does whatever the coaches tell him to do to the best of his ability, and attempts to give 100% every game. If the manager’s game plan does not provide Lewis with the options that it should then I think it is unfair to have a go at him. Having said that I have already said in a previous post that I accept he did not have his best game yesterday but who did?

DTS
23-09-2019, 07:47 PM
Is Scott Allan the problem? No
Is he part of the problem? Yes

He has terrible since St Mirren, just like the rest of them, not immune from criticism and quite frankly I actually thought he was the worst in midfield yesterday and also at killie last weekend. Especially at killie he hardly found a hibs player

majorhibs
23-09-2019, 08:01 PM
One of the best pages I’ve read on here ower the years. Plenty I agree & disagree, but maist importantly minimal mince & Max making Hibs currently better! Difficult, si, impossible no! For a decent mgr anyways!

Turkish Green
23-09-2019, 08:32 PM
Awol

Onion
23-09-2019, 08:38 PM
Scott Allan is not our workhorse and his quality is unquestionable. If we're looking for folk to blame on the pitch, we need to look elsewhere. Until we get a manager in that knows what day it is, SA will be an under-utilised resource. Same can be said of Kamberi. They're decent players who must both be wondering WTF is going on and how did they end up playing for a bottom 6 club under Heckingbottom.

Captain Trips
23-09-2019, 08:50 PM
The problem is clearly our goals conceded column. The defence are dealing with at times unhindered players running at them without having to get past a Bartley type this IMO is causing all sorts of problems. The midfield is as weak as its been in many years all the strengths they have are going towards the goals not tracking runners etc etc.

Smartie
23-09-2019, 08:57 PM
The problem is clearly our goals conceded column. The defence are dealing with at times unhindered players running at them without having to get past a Bartley type this IMO is causing all sorts of problems. The midfield is as weak as its been in many years all the strengths they have are going towards the goals not tracking runners etc etc.

No, that's only part of the problem.

We're not scoring goals and not looking particularly like scoring. Yesterday's goal was our first in 3 games an it took a 35 yard wonder strike.

I agree that the midfield is the problem but it also the blend of players. We've not got the players to play the formation and style of play we play and we've not got the manager to play anything that would suit our players. Whether we've got the players to play any other way is another story altogether, but a 352 would appear to me to be more solid defensively plus providing more of what we need in attack.

Fanforlife
23-09-2019, 09:06 PM
I started a thread saying allan was mince in the 2-2 game and the thread got deleted for “utter nonsense”. He’s been suspect all season! He’s lazy and has a bad attitudecan only think your backing a pal up as your post is a crock of s***.

Captain Trips
23-09-2019, 10:11 PM

We're not scoring goals and not looking particularly like scoring. Yesterday's goal was our first in 3 games an it took a 35 yard wonder strike.

I agree that the midfield is the problem but it also the blend of players. We've not got the players to play the formation and style of play we play and we've not got the manager to play anything that would suit our players. Whether we've got the players to play any other way is another story altogether, but a 352 would appear to me to be more solid defensively plus providing more of what we need in attack.

Its a massive part as we are needing 2/3 goals if we want to actually win a match. Hearts are piss poor and managed 2 goals. Yeah we need to be scoring but the defence and midfield need sorting right out.

Partyraiser
23-09-2019, 10:16 PM

352 is the only way I can see us getting a tune out this squad as it allows our best players what they need. Kamberi needs someone with him up top, he's a different player with a partner, and you need 2 centre mids in beside/behind allan. How the **** can the clown in charge not see it!?

Smartie
23-09-2019, 10:25 PM
352 is the only way I can see us getting a tune out this squad as it allows our best players what they need. Kamberi needs someone with him up top, he's a different player with a partner, and you need 2 centre mids in beside/behind allan. How the **** can the clown in charge not see it!?

I've never seen Hibs play well with the formation they're currently playing. Stubbs tried it for a while then ditched it when he stumbled across the diamond, which served him/ us pretty well.

It was interesting to see the team that beat Aberdeen 4 years ago today and there was no defensive midfielder in there. I'm not convinced our choices at WB are brilliant for a 352 but I think it would help us defensively, it might get us a bit better in the middle of the park by way of supporting Allan, and I think it would suit Kamberi and Allan (our 2 best outfield players) to have another striker up there.

Jones28
24-09-2019, 05:54 AM
unfortunately for us Hickey showed what can happen when your full back takes a risk and lets one fly with his weaker foot, I'm not sure Lewis would ever try that.

Funnily enough was his first goal for the club not very similar to hickeys? Deflected shot against ICT IIRC?