PDA

View Full Version : Can we expect a press conference first thing tomorrow?

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2019, 07:09 PM
Any 'in the knows' heard anything? With the Killie cup game midweek, I would imagine any announcement about Hecky's removal would have to come tomorrow. If he survives Monday, he will be in charge for the next game. You would have to think there are boardroom conversations tonight.

B.H.F.C
22-09-2019, 07:10 PM
He’s not going anywhere.

coldingham hibs
I honestly cannot see him being punted which would be criminal.

CL0762
No.

There won’t be any boardroom conversations around Heckingbottom or his future IMO.

I predict he’ll be here until the next international break at the least.

Weegreenman
22-09-2019, 07:12 PM
Nope, fully expect him to be here for the foreseeable 😞

Liberal Hibby
On what basis do people say Heckingbottom won't get his jotters?

When he does there won't be a press conference - that's only done for arrivals not departures.

Sir David Gray
There should be but it won't happen any time soon, I fear.

Once we're about 6 points adrift at the bottom and out of the League Cup then they might act.

To be fair the above is probably only about a fortnight away so we won't have too long to wait but it's time to act now.

Speedway
22-09-2019, 07:13 PM
Nope, he’s staying.

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 07:13 PM

When he does there won't be a press conference - that's only done for arrivals not departures.

The fact dempster wont want to admit shes wrong.

The Captain....
22-09-2019, 07:15 PM
Dempster will back him for at least a few weeks yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of deluded Busgesque defence of him early next week.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The 90+2
22-09-2019, 07:15 PM
Nah. Boards a bunch of *****bags too.

madhatter
22-09-2019, 07:16 PM
Thousands of fans will leave before club do anything. I fully expect us to be near 10k attendances and guaranteed bottom six before they do anything.

Don’t think club realise that if we saw brilliant performances then we would be happy to endure bad luck and losses. Problem is the football is terrible and isn’t getting better. Added to that the results are horrendous and aren’t down to bad luck. Should have been sacked after Ibrox, the warning signs have been there since the cup games.

Pretty Boy
Lose to Killie, lose to Celtic and lose to Aberdeen then we might act.

He's going nowhere this week. ****ing criminal.

hibee_girl
The fact dempster wont want to admit shes wrong.

Why do people keep saying this? Has she got form for being stubborn? It’s a genuine question btw

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2019, 07:17 PM

Aye, fair point. Press announcement then.

It's clear to almost everyone that the game is up and it's just a matter of when. First thing tomorrow seems the perfect opportunity.

Liberal Hibby
22-09-2019, 07:18 PM
Nope, he’s staying.

Why - on what basis?

I'm Spartacus
22-09-2019, 07:18 PM
If we don't get by Killie then our season has taken a massive nose dive very early on. Get rid ASAP

The 90+2
22-09-2019, 07:19 PM
Why - on what basis?

Pig headed board members?

hibby rae
Why do people keep saying this? Has she got form for being stubborn? It’s a genuine question btw

If anything she strikes me as being someone who isn't scared of making tough decisions and taking a course of action.

bingo70

The loyalty points thing I think.

southern hibby
22-09-2019, 07:20 PM
There’s a board room meeting on Tuesday. However I don’t think it will be about getting shot of PH, think it’s for normal stuff that’s usually talked about.

GGTTH

hibeerealist
22-09-2019, 07:21 PM

We should NEVER have allowed him to go into this derby as manager, Levein’s cup finals and PH treats it as just another game probably. The guy is out his depth full stop.

Speedway
22-09-2019, 07:21 PM
Why - on what basis?

On the basis that he’s not sacked.

WhileTheChief..
22-09-2019, 07:23 PM
Struggling to think of a reason for LD not to act this week.

I don’t think being stubborn will be an issue. She must see that it’s not working and that leaving it a few weeks is simply kicking the can down the road.

It’s a perfect opportunity for RG to make an impact. Get a new manager in, set some bloody standards and make it clear to everyone what’s expected.

And then get ready to spend some damn cash in January to fix this mess.

franck sauzee
22-09-2019, 07:24 PM
Don't think he will be sacked and on Wednesday we will be out the League Cup

Speedway
22-09-2019, 07:25 PM
It took the Partick board until Wednesday this week to sack Caldwell.

Maybe, we’ll wait to be knocked out of the cup before he goes.

Hibernia&Alba
If we are knocked out of the cup midweek and he's in charge for Celtic, we will be murdered on Saturday. Now seems the perfect opportunity to save our season - ahead of the cup game. We all know what is coming for the manger, so timing is of the essence.

Liberal Hibby
Struggling to think of a reason for LD not to act this week.

I don’t think being stubborn will be an issue. She must see that it’s not working and that leaving it a few weeks is simply kicking the can down the road.

It’s a perfect opportunity for RG to make an impact. Get a new manager in, set some bloody standards and make it clear to everyone what’s expected.

And then get ready to spend some damn cash in January to fix this mess.

Quite. And I suspect a decent manager might get more out of the existing squad than the current incumbent so cash may not be such an issue.

OstKurve Hibs
22-09-2019, 07:26 PM
Anyone confirm if there was protests after the game or not ? Mate text me saying he saw there had been protests on sportscene

Liberal Hibby
22-09-2019, 07:28 PM

But that's just speculation. There is no evidence that the board are sticking by Heckingbottom - I suspect it is about timing. I'd like him gone now - but they might wait until the international break.

Either way I suspect calls are being made as we speak.

Sir David Gray
22-09-2019, 07:29 PM
Anyone confirm if there was protests after the game or not ? Mate text me saying he saw there had been protests on sportscene

About 100 fans gathered outside the main reception at full time to protest.

coldingham hibs
22-09-2019, 07:29 PM
Let’s face it, would the board expect us to beat Killie away, Celtic at home or Aberdeen away even if we were playing reasonably well, I doubt it. So I would imagine the next result against a bottom 6 team will decide his fate.

Unseen work
22-09-2019, 07:33 PM

The fact it’s obvious we will lose to all 3 but do nothing about it until it’s confirmed is criminal.

Knowing Hecky he will probably win Wednesday and earn himself more time :rolleyes:

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2019, 07:33 PM
Let’s face it, would the board expect us to beat Killie away, Celtic at home or Aberdeen away even if we were playing reasonably well, I doubt it. So I would imagine the next result against a bottom 6 team will decide his fate.

Which I would regard as dereliction of duty. We can still salvage the season at this early stage. There is no way Hecky will last the season, so let's address the issue now, when we are still in the League Cup. Okay, Hecky might go to Killie and win, but can we afford to put blind faith in that? We are regressing ahead of a tough away cup tie. Sitting on the fence now will only weaken our hand when Hecky is eventually sacked.

madhatter
22-09-2019, 07:35 PM
Thing I don’t understand is who wins from delaying the inevitable? Hibs will have fewer walk ups, have quieter stands, have a horrendous match day experience. Players will have to play under same management team with high likelihood of being booed most weeks. Heckingbottom will get abuse week in and week out and could essentially put the final nail in his management career if he fails badly up here. He could leave with a 40% win ratio now. He won’t have that by the time this plays out. He doesn’t have a great track record to fall back on.

He seems a nice guy, I don’t want this to become toxic.

The Leith Dutch
22-09-2019, 07:35 PM

My money is on fired after losing the Hamilton game.
Hope I'm wrong - he should have been gone before this match.

The Leith Dutch
22-09-2019, 07:36 PM
Thing I don’t understand is who wins from delaying the inevitable? Hibs will have fewer walk ups, have quieter stands, have a horrendous match day experience. Players will have to play under same management team with high likelihood of being booed most weeks. Heckingbottom will get abuse week in and week out and could essentially put the final nail in his management career if he fails badly up here. He could leave with a 40% win ratio now. He won’t have that by the time this plays out. He doesn’t have a great track record to fall back on.

100%
Managers don't come back from this.
It's now just a question of when.

neil7908
22-09-2019, 07:37 PM

What like tonight? It's extremely unusual for any football club to punt someone straight after a game.

If he's still in charge in a couple of days that's on the board but people are just guessing that they won't act. We have nothing to go on Dempsters time at the Hibs to suggest she'll wait and Gordon is a total unknown.

Hibernia&Alba

Exactly my point. The show is over, why drag this out and make it harder for all of us? Hecky's tenure is finished, we all know it.

Speedway
My money is on fired after losing the Hamilton game.
Hope I'm wrong - he should have been gone before this match.

He should’ve been gone after Ibrox at the latest.

WestCoastHibby
22-09-2019, 07:42 PM
I’m not going back until the people in power at ER wake up and smell the coffee.
It’s like Terry Butcher reloaded

Box 17
22-09-2019, 07:43 PM
The board obviously think that things will begin to gel and we'll start climbing the table.

History tells us otherwise.

Sir David Gray
22-09-2019, 07:45 PM
The fact it’s obvious we will lose to all 3 but do nothing about it until it’s confirmed is criminal.

Knowing Hecky he will probably win Wednesday and earn himself more time :rolleyes:

No danger we're winning on Wednesday. This side can't keep clean sheets and as soon as they go behind we don't seem to have the ability to get back into the game.

We haven't won any points from a losing position since coming back from 1-0 down to win 2-1 at Tynecastle in April.

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2019, 07:47 PM
No danger we're winning on Wednesday. This side can't keep clean sheets and as soon as they go behind we don't seem to have the ability to get back into the game.

We haven't won any points from a losing position since coming back from 1-0 down to win 2-1 at Tynecastle in April.

That feels like centuries ago :boo hoo:

It's all gone downhill so quickly.

Liberal Hibby
22-09-2019, 07:47 PM
The board obviously think that things will begin to gel and we'll start climbing the table.

History tells us otherwise.

How do you know that? My view is they think his time is up - the question is when.

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2019, 07:49 PM
How do you know that? My view is they think his time is up - the question is when.

If they think his time is up, then the when is now. Why on earth keep a guy they don't support?

Leith Green
22-09-2019, 07:50 PM
It really is a countdown to the inevitable now. The longer Dempster leaves it , the more difficult the task for the new manager. I have a nasty feeling that we are going to see a chief executive who doesnt want to admit to getting it wrong

Liberal Hibby
22-09-2019, 07:53 PM
If they think his time is up, then the when is now. Why on earth keep a guy they don't support?

Because it's a Sunday evening?

Maybe they think it will make no difference between going to Killie on Wednesday and getting a result and a managed change over is better than a summary dismissal?

GreenCastle
22-09-2019, 07:53 PM

Yes - many examples if you speak with staff.

Seems like they will try let things settle next few days.

Try some positive news stories in social media and try keep fans on board till the next loss (loss of money too).

They don’t care if ST don’t turn up they have the money - us gullible fans who paid for STs expecting better.

The longer he stays means less of a pay off and a chance he may turn it around.

Bottom line is the club are deluded and we are being taken for mugs.

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2019, 07:57 PM
Because it's a Sunday evening?

Maybe they think it will make no difference between going to Killie on Wednesday and getting a result and a managed change over is better than a summary dismissal?

Hence the question of whether action will be taken Monday morning.

emerald green
22-09-2019, 08:03 PM
If the Board leave it too long before sacking Heck and his assistant, it may be too late to rescue the situation. It just does not bare thinking about. Petrie left it too late to sack Butcher, and the current Board must not make the same mistake.

I don't like seeing people being sacked, but all managers know the score these days and he will no doubt be given financial compensation.

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2019, 08:11 PM
If the Board leave it too long before sacking Heck and his assistant, it may be too late to rescue the situation. It just does not bare thinking about. Petrie left it too late to sack Butcher, and the current Board must not make the same mistake.

I don't like seeing people being sacked, but all managers know the score these days and he will no doubt be given financial compensation.

His contract would be paid up, which has to be a pill worth swallowing. We can't continue like this.

RoYO!
22-09-2019, 08:16 PM
Simply put, LD won’t want to admit she got it wrong.

I guess it doesn’t look good to be seen as a club with a revolving door for managers? May put others off.

sleeping giant
22-09-2019, 08:17 PM
His contract would be paid up, which has to be a pill worth swallowing. We can't continue like this.

No it wouldn't .
Did Appleton not moan about a 3 month severance package?

Leith Green
22-09-2019, 08:18 PM

I guess it doesn’t look good to be seen as a club with a revolving door for managers? May put others off.

I dont think that matters when we set our sights on the Heckingbottoms of this world

emerald green
22-09-2019, 08:20 PM

:agree: It's a damage limitation exercise now at Hibs. That means a change of manager and his assistant, and that means now. Not Christmas or any other random date.

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2019, 08:22 PM
No it wouldn't .

True, and in which case there is even less of an excuse to wait, as the financial hit would be far less significant. I hope you are right about the contractual obligations.

Wilson
22-09-2019, 08:22 PM

If we sack a manager every week we will sign the manager who has the belief that he can get two weeks out of us. Hibs will always be a draw in this league.

jacomo
22-09-2019, 08:25 PM
Thousands of fans will leave before club do anything. I fully expect us to be near 10k attendances and guaranteed bottom six before they do anything.

Don’t think club realise that if we saw brilliant performances then we would be happy to endure bad luck and losses. Problem is the football is terrible and isn’t getting better. Added to that the results are horrendous and aren’t down to bad luck. Should have been sacked after Ibrox, the warning signs have been there since the cup games.

:agree:

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 08:29 PM
No it wouldn't .

Yes and his agent is the same as heckingbottoms so he will have known before going into negotiations with heckingbottom what clauses were on the table so will be interesting to know if hibs backed down or heckingbottom was that desperate to get into a job he took any terms offered.

Clarence
22-09-2019, 08:31 PM
It took the Partick board until Wednesday this week to sack Caldwell.

Maybe, we’ll wait to be knocked out of the cup before he goes.

It’s a real sorry situation but if feels like the loss is guaranteed and it’s only the manner of the loss left to be revealed.

flash
22-09-2019, 08:33 PM
If we get shot of him tomorrow I think we would have a great chance on Wednesday night.

hfc rd
22-09-2019, 08:34 PM
Unfortunately I think we will hear nothing other than complete silence from the club. Personally think if the board were to release some sort of communication to the media, it will be an Anne Budge “vote of confidence style statement” to say they are behind the manager and his vision after backing him in the transfer window rather than admit they got this appointment totally wrong which has resulted in Heckingbottom being relieved of his duties and the process has now started to find a new head coach.

Hope I’m wrong

B.H.F.C
22-09-2019, 08:35 PM
If we get shot of him tomorrow I think we would have a great chance on Wednesday night.

Yep, Killie aren’t anything special. But we won’t so we’re beaten before a ball is kicked IMO.

ekhibee
22-09-2019, 08:39 PM

This.

ekhibee
22-09-2019, 08:40 PM
Yep, Killie aren’t anything special. But we won’t so we’re beaten before a ball is kicked IMO.

Yep, totally agree.

GreenCastle
22-09-2019, 08:41 PM
Does Hecky or Stockdale live in Edinburgh?

I was told Hecky wanted a house but wasn’t given one by Rod ?

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 08:44 PM
Does Hecky or Stockdale live in Edinburgh?

I was told Hecky wanted a house but want given one by Rod ?

They both rent a flat in edinburgh together. Dont know where. Johnathon spector was living in joppa while here and im sure stubbs may have been living around the same area although i might be wrong, so they might be there too

GreenCastle
22-09-2019, 08:52 PM
They both rent a flat in edinburgh together. Dont know where. Johnathon spector was living in joppa while here and im sure stubbs may have been living around the same area although i might be wrong, so they might be there too

Surely they aren’t living together?

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2019, 08:52 PM

We dont even have a great chance of beating Morton or Stirling ****in albion with this bunch of dross this clown has assembled.

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 08:53 PM

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwigptnxp-XkAhXSxIUKHetiDukQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eveningtimes.co.uk%2Fsport%2 F17709242.stockdale-enjoying-his-role-as-one-half-of-hibernians-odd-couple%2F&psig=AOvVaw2PmXnb3CEaYY6JBBRSjq9Z&ust=1569271998960447

Leith Green
22-09-2019, 08:55 PM

Would like to be a fly on the wall in their pad tonight.

Hecky: I blame the fans

Robbie: I blame the players

And so on ....

I'm Spartacus
22-09-2019, 08:55 PM
I can only liken this to the A Team, their plans on paper look great but the reality is far from that. We're championship level at the moment.

scooby
22-09-2019, 09:12 PM

Spot on, nothings going to change, he just isn't a good manager. The club need to act now.

Hi Heid Yin
22-09-2019, 09:36 PM
If anything she strikes me as being someone who isn't scared of making tough decisions and taking a course of action.

:top marksLeeann has never failed in this respect.

Butcher = got rid of
Lennon = got rid of (yes, yes, we know it was sold as mutual consent)

truehibernian
22-09-2019, 09:37 PM
Sack him and sack him this week :aok:

Rob
22-09-2019, 09:50 PM
I can only liken this to the A Team, their plans on paper look great but the reality is far from that. We're championship level at the moment.

The difference is, with the A Team, their plans usually came together. Ours keep falling apart, probably because instead of Hannibal Smith in charge, we've got Murdock!!

The 90+2
22-09-2019, 09:52 PM

Welcome mate. It’s ****ing painful but at least you’re there.

Sammy7nil

Hibs will win 3\1 lump on :aok:

Hibernia&Alba

We play Killie on Wednesday. It has to be tomorrow, otherwise we sink further.

The 90+2
22-09-2019, 09:53 PM

He’s not got a clue. I want to feel sorry for him but he’s not done anything apart fae his and his stubborn ****:

Gerard
22-09-2019, 10:12 PM
PH is a decent guy. It is clear that the job of HC at Hibs is not for him and it is his time for Hibs to get another HC and assistant.

madhatter
22-09-2019, 10:27 PM
It’s strange but I actually want him sacked sooner rather than later because I think he’s a decent guy. I think he cares, I just don’t think he’s very good at being head coach. He may one day but isn’t now. If he gets his severance money I’m sure financially he’ll be fine. I think his career will be in troubled waters but a win ratio of approximately 40% gives him a chance.

You know it’s over when people who never call for managers to be sacked are getting their pitchforks ready.

What really does worry me though is the apathy among the fans. We probably should have had a bigger demonstration today, and the demonstration by what I’ve heard should probably have been more vocal. We are sinking into a “who gives a toss” mindset and most fans seem to have a “I’m fed up with everything Hibs at the moment”. There is irony in being taken over by a guy that is wanting to improve our marketing while at the same time the main financial backers of your business are being driven away...

Really sad seeing the club in such a mess. I don’t even know how we fix all the problems we have. This goes far deeper than 1st team.

truehibernian
22-09-2019, 10:38 PM
It’s strange but I actually want him sacked sooner rather than later because I think he’s a decent guy. I think he cares, I just don’t think he’s very good at being head coach. He may one day but isn’t now. If he gets his severance money I’m sure financially he’ll be fine. I think his career will be in troubled waters but a win ratio of approximately 40% gives him a chance.

You know it’s over when people who never call for managers to be sacked are getting their pitchforks ready.

What really does worry me though is the apathy among the fans. We probably should have had a bigger demonstration today, and the demonstration by what I’ve heard should probably have been more vocal. We are sinking into a “who gives a toss” mindset and most fans seem to have a “I’m fed up with everything Hibs at the moment”. There is irony in being taken over by a guy that is wanting to improve our marketing while at the same time the main financial backers of your business are being driven away...

Really sad seeing the club in such a mess. I don’t even know how we fix all the problems we have. This goes far deeper than 1st team.

I do - Leeann and the owner step up, lead by example, set high standards (that were there the last few seasons) and empty those that are under-performing.

Top to bottom football is 'jobs for the boys'. Hibs need to be creative and start to employ people outwith the game but who have a passion for it and want to succeed. I know I'm a broken record but the marketing of the club this year and last is abysmal. Zero energy, zero drive, zero ambition. And that's before the football department. It feels like a 'honeymoon period' in a relationship - now we're at the stage where we sit on the sofa and don't talk to each other.

The club are taking us for mugs again. And we'll lose fans.

madhatter
22-09-2019, 10:50 PM
I do - Leeann and the owner step up, lead by example, set high standards (that were there the last few seasons) and empty those that are under-performing.

Top to bottom football is 'jobs for the boys'. Hibs need to be creative and start to employ people outwith the game but who have a passion for it and want to succeed. I know I'm a broken record but the marketing of the club this year and last is abysmal. Zero energy, zero drive, zero ambition. And that's before the football department. It feels like a 'honeymoon period' in a relationship - now we're at the stage where we sit on the sofa and don't talk to each other.

The club are taking us for mugs again. And we'll lose fans.

Why would Hibs change anything? This year more than any other I’ve felt like a pleb being a ST holder and going to the games. Club keep talking about stuff that doesn’t change mine, and many Hibs fans, enjoyment of the games. Instant way to create good match day experience is to have good football on show and yet instead they try and fail to deliver food and add some sales stall in one of the stands (that doesn’t accept card payments). I might be wrong but we are in a bad place, apathy coming from fans (main financial backers) and an underperforming business that keeps talking about grand schemes while its day to day business goes up in flames only result in one thing.

Almost seems like Hibs want new fans at the expense of the current fans. I can reveal to them that they’ll struggle to get new fans the way they are going.

Faithful fans are being taken from granted. No doubt about it. Problem is apathy will mean club will leave the problems for as long as possible.

Onion
22-09-2019, 11:53 PM
Leanne Dempster blew into Easter Road like a breath of fresh air, addressed many of the issues we'd been screaming about, and remained a hopeful, sensible figurehead for the club .... up until about 12 months ago.

Now, you'd be forgiven for thinking she was moonlighting in Tescos. Virtually invisible to the fans while the club burns on a spit with all the promises and good work of 2014-18 in serious danger of being flushed down the drain by a disengaged, transient, incompetent from Yorkshire.

truehibernian
22-09-2019, 11:56 PM
Leanne Dempster blew into Easter Road like a breath of fresh air, addressed many of the issues we'd been screaming about, and remained a hopeful, sensible figurehead for the club .... up until about 12 months ago.

Now, you'd be forgiven for thinking she was moonlighting in Tescos. Virtually invisible to the fans while the club burns on a spit with all the promises and good work of 2014-18 in serious danger of being flushed down the drain by a disengaged, transient, incompetent from Yorkshire.

:aok: This.

Demands and standards need to be raised - if not, they get moved on. Above all though she needs to get back to what she is good at and communicating.

Mixu1875
23-09-2019, 12:07 AM
I know someone who works for the club, he told me 2 weeks ago that a decision has been made that Heckingbottom will be here until Christmas, regardless of results. They’re worried the squad isn’t good enough and he’s smashed his budget on duds meaning a new HC might not turn round our fortunes until a transfer window and they don’t want to be in a position where a new HC’s position might be untenable after 3 months of poor results. They’d rather wait until a couple weeks before it opens so they can make an assessment on the current squad and what they’d need when the window opens.

Hibernia&Alba
23-09-2019, 12:28 AM
I know someone who works for the club, he told me 2 weeks ago that a decision has been made that Heckingbottom will be here until Christmas, regardless of results. They’re worried the squad isn’t good enough and he’s smashed his budget on duds meaning a new HC might not turn round our fortunes until a transfer window and they don’t want to be in a position where a new HC’s position might be untenable after 3 months of poor results. They’d rather wait until a couple weeks before it opens so they can make an assessment on the current squad and what they’d need when the window opens.

If that's true, we are Donald Ducked. I can't believe he will be here until Christmas, if current form continues. What if we keep losing games?

Mixu1875
23-09-2019, 12:33 AM
If that's true, we are Donald Ducked. I can't believe he will be here until Christmas, if current form continues. What if we keep losing games?

I can kind of see the reasoning behind it however much I don’t agree with it and think it is 100% the wrong stance to take.

basehibby
23-09-2019, 02:33 AM

If that's true it's beyond ridiculous.

Hecky is not coming up to scratch and it's not just the players brought in - it's his ability to put them out with a winning style and formation and with a winning attitude. The start we've had to this season has been absolutely abysmal - MILES below what should reasonably be expected - and there is no sign of it turning around under Heck. It would quite simply be madness to keep persevering with a manager who clearly has not got what it takes to manage Hibs - it's throwing away the chance to win points and jeopardising the future of the club.

Forza Fred
23-09-2019, 03:03 AM
Hecky will be in charge for the Kilmarnock game and a victory at Rugby Park will delay his execution.
However a defeat at Rugby Park will make the Celtic game a critical one.
If they beat us and St Johnstone beat Motherwell at home, then we will be Stone motherless last, and he surely cannot survive that.
A draw with St Johnstone and Motherwell and a 3 goal victory to Celtic will also see us propping up the table.
I fully expect Hecky to be gone by the end of the month, barring a hard to see complete form reversal.

Tambo
23-09-2019, 03:15 AM
Why wait till the international break when it's clear we won't get nothing from our next two games.

CloudSquall
23-09-2019, 04:14 AM

If that is true I'd want those running the club out on their arse alongside Heckingbottom because they would be the cause of Jim Duffy Act II.

Two weeks to identify what they need and then a scramble in January to find targets and get them in?

Don't know whether to laugh or cry..

Jones28
23-09-2019, 04:33 AM
If that is true I'd want those running the club out on their arse alongside Heckingbottom because they would be the cause of Jim Duffy Act II.

Two weeks to identify what they need and then a scramble in January to find targets and get them in?

Don't know whether to laugh or cry..

This is Jim Duffy without the last gasp result that kept him in the job.

sean04
23-09-2019, 05:09 AM
Our current situation will lead to less bums on seats, less money thru the shop, no top 6 games(tv money) no european footballl, no Hampden trips. Surely from a footballing and business point of view Ron Gordon can see he has to go

Heisenberg
23-09-2019, 05:21 AM

It kind of makes sense but I really don’t see them holding off till Christmas if results stay the same. We could be well adrift at the bottom of the league by then.

I’d also have an issue with the blame solely being on the manager for the signings. Our recruitment team getting off lightly after another dreadful summer transfer window.

Hibernia&Alba
23-09-2019, 05:25 AM
It kind of makes sense but I really don’t see them holding off till Christmas if results stay the same. We could be well adrift at the bottom of the league by then.

I’d also have an issue with the blame solely being on the manager for the signings. Our recruitment team getting off lightly after another dreadful summer transfer window.

Good point, this entire fiasco needs to be seriously examined. I don't claim to know the machinations of the recruitment process, but we do apparently have a recruitment team, so what the **** have they been doing?

Borderhibbie76
23-09-2019, 05:32 AM
I’m not going back until the people in power at ER wake up and smell the coffee.
It’s like Terry Butcher reloadedNo me neither...it wont bother Dempster or the board as they have my ST money already but I cant sit thru anymore of this utter dross...I'd rather go an watch Edin City tbh. We are dull, slow, boring, one paced, negative and it ain't gonna change as long as that Clown remains in charge. In 6 months hes taken us from Top4 or 5 club to relegation fodder. .criminal

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
23-09-2019, 05:38 AM
We dont even have a great chance of beating Morton or Stirling ****in albion with this bunch of dross this clown has assembled.Sadly punting him is just the start of sorting out this mess. We are left with all his dross on 2 and 3 year deals

Heisenberg
23-09-2019, 05:41 AM
Good point, this entire fiasco needs to be seriously examined. I don't claim to know the machinations of the recruitment process, but we do apparently have a recruitment team, so what the **** have they been doing?

Even if Hecky has signed most of these guys himself it points to there being a massive flaw within our footballing department led by the master of bull**** George Craig.

Borderhibbie76
23-09-2019, 05:43 AM

Now, you'd be forgiven for thinking she was moonlighting in Tescos. Virtually invisible to the fans while the club burns on a spit with all the promises and good work of 2014-18 in serious danger of being flushed down the drain by a disengaged, transient, incompetent from Yorkshire.Sums it up perfectly for me...she has become an imposter of the original LD over the last 12 months and I now actually believe she is part of the problem at Hibs and both her and George Craig also need to follow Hecky out the door

Sir David Gray
23-09-2019, 06:15 AM

I'm not saying you weren't told this but I can't believe it's true. We're already just one point off the bottom of the league and we're still 3 months away from Christmas.

What happens if we only win a couple of games between now and Christmas and we're about 12 points adrift at the foot of the table?

We surely can't be in a position where the manager's position is safe for the next 3 months, regardless of what happens.

If that is true then the board should be gone along with Heckingbottom when he does finally leave.

Hiber-nation
23-09-2019, 06:17 AM
I'm not saying you weren't told this but I can't believe it's true. We're already just one point off the bottom of the league and we're still 3 months away from Christmas.

What happens if we only win a couple of games between now and Christmas and we're about 12 points adrift at the foot of the table?

We surely can't be in a position where the manager's position is safe for the next 3 months, regardless of what happens.

If that is true then the board should be gone along with Heckingbottom when he does finally leave.

Maybe it was true. But things surely have moved on and you'd think that action will be taken in the next couple of days

Fuzzywuzzy
23-09-2019, 06:27 AM
From BBC

"We'll have to see, won't we?" he said.

"I know what I want to do, I know what I've got to do, but that's for other people to talk about."

Now, do you take that as a man that wants to leave but is wanting the decision to be made for him rather than do what's right?

Sir David Gray
23-09-2019, 06:28 AM
Maybe it was true. But things surely have moved on and you'd think that action will be taken in the next couple of days

I really hope so as I'm seriously concerned about relegation right now.

It was only just over 5 years ago that it happened the last time and I'm seeing nothing that makes me confident that it couldn't happen again.

We have now played the majority of the teams in the league and already have the second (equal) worst attack and the second worst defence and that's without playing Aberdeen or Celtic.

Action needs to be taken now before we end up back in the Championship.

Crab apple
23-09-2019, 06:29 AM

Unfortunately I think you’re correct which is very worrying. And Bottom6’s legacy is going to last well beyond when he’s finally punted at Xmas.

BegbieHSC
23-09-2019, 06:34 AM
From BBC

"I know what I want to do, I know what I've got to do, but that's for other people to talk about."

Now, do you take that as a man that wants to leave but is wanting the decision to be made for him rather than do what's right?

That’s a guy who ridiculously still has THREE years left on his contract, wanting his likely very respectable severance package.

JimBHibees
23-09-2019, 06:36 AM

Might have been the plan at one point however things change fast in football. Should have gone in last international break. Should go now however can't see it. Saturdays game could be Malmo revisited.

Squirrel 1875
23-09-2019, 06:36 AM
Anyone know if there is anything in the rumor that he has a four month severance package?

JimBHibees
23-09-2019, 06:38 AM
From BBC

Sounds like someone working his ticket before the inevitable.

JimBHibees
23-09-2019, 06:40 AM
Anyone know if there is anything in the rumor that he has a four month severance package?

Think that was based on the chat Appleton wanted a longer termination payment than 4 months. The assumption being Hecky accepted the contract Appleton didn't want to. Might be nonsense.

Greenworld
23-09-2019, 06:44 AM
His contract would be paid up, which has to be a pill worth swallowing. We can't continue like this.I don't think the severance package will be that bad it certainly will not be the full contract. Maybe 6 months .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Leith Green
23-09-2019, 06:50 AM
Whatever the severance package is its there for good reason. Time to put it to good use Ms Dempster.

FilipinoHibs
23-09-2019, 06:51 AM
I'd heard from somebody who knows somebody at the club that he will be gone before Killie game with Stubs coming in to end of the season. Just saying like.

I have my doubts about this and other ITK as this type of information will be held tightly by the board

FilipinoHibs
23-09-2019, 06:52 AM
I don't think the severance package will be that bad it certainly will not be the full contract. Maybe 6 months .

Heard two months.

Fanforlife
23-09-2019, 06:57 AM
I heard there is a board meeting this week, if so surely punting Hecky must be at the top of the agenda now!!

B.H.F.C
23-09-2019, 06:58 AM
From BBC

Those are the comments of a man who knows he’s done.

As for doing the right thing, he’ll do what is right for him. Which is to hang on as long as he can, whilst getting paid, before he gets the bullet and paid whatever he’s due. It’s up to the board to sort this mess out.

Smartie
23-09-2019, 07:11 AM

Horrible as it is, that makes sense to me.

I don't see another manager coming in and getting more out of these players.

The timing of the sacking will be key - the new man needs long enough to work out what he needs (5 minutes to identify the midfield problems) then backing in the window to get the players he's needing.

We'd be on a new man's back in no time as these players aren't up to it and that's in nobody's interests.

GreenCastle
23-09-2019, 07:16 AM

The timing of the sacking will be key - the new man needs long enough to work out what he needs (5 minutes to identify the midfield problems) then backing in the window to get the players he's needing.

We'd be on a new man's back in no time as these players aren't up to it and that's in nobody's interests.

You would think any manager applying or someone being headhunted (Motherwell manager) would already know our issues.

If they aren’t aware playing long balls to Kamberi against Berra hasn’t worked for the last few Hibs managers either.

Mixu1875
23-09-2019, 07:16 AM

I have no reason to doubt it was true at the time, it may or may not be now but I don’t know. If we lose the next 2 league games (which going by current form it’s more than likely) I think it would be criminal not to revisit that, if they haven’t already. It’s a horrendous position to take, IMO.

B.H.F.C
23-09-2019, 07:17 AM

I think a new manager would be able to get slightly more out of them.

I also think there would be an understanding from the support about what he was inheriting.

If we kept Hecky until Christmas, which we won’t IMO, we’d be absolutely rock bottom.

WhileTheChief..
23-09-2019, 07:20 AM

You’ve not been paying attention, we had a cracking transfer window according to LD.

Vault Boy
23-09-2019, 07:26 AM
I heard there is a board meeting this week, if so surely punting Hecky must be at the top of the agenda now!!

There's probably one every week, but you would think it has to be on there at this stage.

Speedway
23-09-2019, 09:30 AM
When have you known a successful US businessman to just let things slide and decline?

There's a board meeting on Tuesday. It's a pre-scheduled and not emergency meeting.

Let's see what transpires.

we are hibs
23-09-2019, 09:32 AM
Is he Peruvian or American? Genuine question.

lucky
23-09-2019, 09:34 AM
Action needs to be taken. Heckingbottom is out his depth, if he was allowed to to overrule the recruitment team on several occasions during the transfer window then GC and LD should follow him out the door.

It does appear LD has lost her focus, the farce of tickets, turnstiles, catering, sponsorship and managerial appointment all lies at her door. A Chief Executive not delivering is normally the first out a business

Ozyhibby
23-09-2019, 09:45 AM
When have you known a successful US businessman to just let things slide and decline?

There's a board meeting on Tuesday. It's a pre-scheduled and not emergency meeting.

Let's see what transpires.

It’s a joke if they are waiting till Tuesday. It should have been done weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
23-09-2019, 09:45 AM
Action needs to be taken. Heckingbottom is out his depth, if he was allowed to to overrule the recruitment team on several occasions during the transfer window then GC and LD should follow him out the door.

It does appear LD has lost her focus, the farce of tickets, turnstiles, catering, sponsorship and managerial appointment all lies at her door. A Chief Executive not delivering is normally the first out a business

Disagree on the first paragraph. The manager should absolutely have final say on players coming in/out. They put players to him, he decides who he wants. Unfortunately for us, he’s decided he wants a load of pish but the manager has to decide who we’re signing IMO.

Agree completely on the second paragraph.

B.H.F.C
23-09-2019, 09:46 AM
It’s a joke if they are waiting till Tuesday. It should have been done weeks ago.

They aren’t waiting until Tuesday. He’s no getting the bullet.

Speedway
23-09-2019, 09:47 AM

Yep, should have been done straight after Ibrox at the latest, but it wasn't.

Hibs90
23-09-2019, 09:55 AM
Genuinely shocked he is still the manager/head coach.

If it was me he would have been sacked on the spot at FT yesterday. Even if I wasn't a Hibs fan.

The 90+2
23-09-2019, 10:50 AM
PH is a decent guy. It is clear that the job of HC at Hibs is not for him and it is his time for Hibs to get another HC and assistant.

He’s got the morals of the GJP.

1 8 7 5
23-09-2019, 10:54 AM
Genuinely shocked he is still the manager/head coach.

If it was me he would have been sacked on the spot at FT yesterday. Even if I wasn't a Hibs fan.

Just said as much on another thread :agree:

It needs done. Now.

lucky
23-09-2019, 10:59 AM
Disagree on the first paragraph. The manager should absolutely have final say on players coming in/out. They put players to him, he decides who he wants. Unfortunately for us, he’s decided he wants a load of pish but the manager has to decide who we’re signing IMO.

Agree completely on the second paragraph.

But he’s not the manager, he’s the head coach. We were told that the HC had to fit in with our club not the other way round. I agree he should be involved in the process but not have exclusivity on signings.

SMAXXA
I’d probably take Gary Holt from Livi

The 90+2
I’d probably take Gary Holt from Livi

Is a lot of the good work not down to the owner who is also assistant?

madhatter
23-09-2019, 11:00 AM
Wouldn’t surprise me if the board are using Levein turning it round against us as an example that Heckingbottom might do the same. Nothing about Hibs surprises me. Just waiting for Ron’s big reveal that he’s making HTC a community sports facility and Hibs being renamed Hibernian Social Club.

Honestly feels like Hibs want to spread name of Hibs and get new fans while their existing fans leave in droves. We’re a mess and this goes so much deeper than Heckingbottom.

Out of touch with fans. Them and us once again.

SMAXXA
23-09-2019, 11:17 AM
Is a lot of the good work not down to the owner who is also assistant?

Not so sure to be honest martindale is who your talking about, bit of a checkered past 😉

SMAXXA
23-09-2019, 11:18 AM
Wouldn’t surprise me if the board are using Levein turning it round against us as an example that Heckingbottom might do the same. Nothing about Hibs surprises me. Just waiting for Ron’s big reveal that he’s making HTC a community sports facility and Hibs being renamed Hibernian Social Club.

Honestly feels like Hibs want to spread name of Hibs and get new fans while their existing fans leave in droves. We’re a mess and this goes so much deeper than Heckingbottom.

Are fans leaving in their droves tho genuine question? Attendances wouldn’t say they are would they?

Barman Stanton
23-09-2019, 11:20 AM

I hope not. Hearts winning says more about Hibs than it does Levein.

madhatter
23-09-2019, 11:22 AM
Are fans leaving in their droves tho genuine question? Attendances wouldn’t say they are would they?

Wait to see against Celtic if you genuinely think this is a question.

GreenCastle
23-09-2019, 11:30 AM

The thing is they count tickets sold.

So even if ST don't turn up they will still announce a higher attendance.

If fans boycotted the Celtic game - only empty seats may make them take note - but at the same time the money has been put in the bank or used up so they probably wouldn't care.

SMAXXA
23-09-2019, 11:33 AM
Wait to see against Celtic if you genuinely think this is a question.

Well I wouldn’t have asked it if I didn’t think it was genuine. I’ve not seen much evidence to date to support it but may have missed the droves

madhatter
23-09-2019, 11:37 AM
Well I wouldn’t have asked it if I didn’t think it was genuine. I’ve not seen much evidence to date to support it but may have missed the droves

We had a good turn out to the derby but clearly had many empty seats. Considerable in the south and certainly some in the East. Couldn’t tell about the West. At least half the fans left with approximately 5-10mins left. They knew what was coming. Attendances will drop now. People, as they always do, held some optimism for the derby. Optimism is largely gone.

SMAXXA
23-09-2019, 11:40 AM
We had a good turn out to the derby but clearly had many empty seats. Considerable in the south and certainly some in the East. Couldn’t tell about the West. At least half the fans left with approximately 5-10mins left. They knew what was coming. Attendances will drop now. People, as they always do, held some optimism for the derby. Optimism is largely gone.

Wouldnt surprise me to be honest as I think yesterday will have been the final nail in his coffin with most people

Greenworld
23-09-2019, 11:40 AM

We'd be on a new man's back in no time as these players aren't up to it and that's in nobody's interests.That makes no sense at all if all the signings are so bad then others from LD down need to be emptied.
A new manager would at least shake up the players or empty them at Xmas having had the few months to look at them Prior to this.
Money can be made available for a new manager by holding off on further development the training ground centre for season or more so that's not an issue.
Action is needed now and from the top Petrie and STF left a club in a fantastic condition and in a few short months all hell seems to broke out .

FilipinoHibs
23-09-2019, 11:45 AM
Is he Peruvian or American? Genuine question.

Born in Peru of Scottish ancestry. Spent time in Australia but most of Adult life in USA where he built his business. Love of football came from.Peru but a US businessman.

Sir David Gray
23-09-2019, 07:25 PM
Might have been the plan at one point however things change fast in football. Should have gone in last international break. Should go now however can't see it. Saturdays game could be Malmo revisited.

I honestly expect us to ship at least 5 goals on Saturday it really could be embarrassing.

Out of our 6 league games that we've played so far, only 2 of them have been against sides currently in the top six. Hamilton are the only side in the current bottom six that we haven't played yet.

It's worrying to think where we might be in a month's time unless we make drastic changes.

Fanforlife
23-09-2019, 09:14 PM
The thing is they count tickets sold.

So even if ST don't turn up they will still announce a higher attendance.

If fans boycotted the Celtic game - only empty seats may make them take note - but at the same time the money has been put in the bank or used up so they probably wouldn't care.I see your point regarding this season,however it must ask the question regarding future seasons,if it doesn't then I truly fear for the future.Surely the board must realise this or do they want the club to regress to situation of a few years ago?Surely got to act now!for the benefit of the fans&their own credibility.

Hibernia&Alba
23-09-2019, 09:59 PM
Not a peep then. On to Killie with Hecky :crazy: