PDA

View Full Version : Hibs The "Tin Man" of the League

Captain Trips
22-09-2019, 05:30 PM
Well...

I had give PH the benefit of doubt in past however the element of doubt has been removed. At the start of the season we were in an excellent position to build on from a decent squad and looking at that today not that for me Hearts are a barometer but that is an awful Hearts side it really is. PH had the tools given to not only bring in players or not get rid of some but today IMO a good manager would have assembled a team today with those tools and the players already here to beat that Hearts team and probably comfortably.

We appear to have managed to buy players he doesn't want to pick but even worse is we look like a team offering nothing. I think the whole stadium knew once it was 1-1 we had nothing to add to win it and only one team would win the match. Somehow we have gone backwards at a rate of knots and it needs to end now. PH team should have been blowing that away today and even if we had built a good squad I wonder if he even would have utilised it correctly.

Today truly summed up his tenure, he has removed the bricks of a solid foundation yet he had everything for the opposite to be case.

emerald green
22-09-2019, 05:45 PM
Even when Hibs went 1-0 up, at home, against a rank rotten Hearts team I never felt Hibs had it in them to go on and win the match.

They seemed to just go into their shell thereafter, and it was with a sense of inevitability that the big basher Ikpeazoo would score. As the OP says, once that happened there was only going to be one winner. That's what most or many Hibs fans will not tolerate.

Shocking stuff.