PDA

View Full Version : Where does hecky rank?

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Amongst some of our worst managers in recent years?

For me the worst is still butcher by a distance. At the minute im struggling to decide between calderwood and heckingbottom as 2nd worst. Both passionless losers who under estimated scottish football. Both played the most boring, predictable football i have ever seen. Both apparently great coaches but means **** all when theyre ***** managers.

The Captain....
22-09-2019, 05:26 PM
Only Butcher annoyed me more..hes overtaken Calderwood now as being a faceless loser who's taking the club nowhere.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
22-09-2019, 05:26 PM
On the basis that someone apparently offered us money for calderwood he has to be ahead of butcher but behind calderwood. 3 talkers who couldn't deliver.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Stokesy's on fire
22-09-2019, 05:27 PM
Worse than Butcher

neil7908
22-09-2019, 05:28 PM
He's down there with the very worst.

Marvellous
22-09-2019, 05:28 PM
Win percentages:

Stubbs (Championship): 58%
Mowbray: 48.1%
Lennon: 48%
Heckinbottom: 44%
Collins: 42.59%
Fenlon: 35.63%
Hughes: 35.2%
Mixu: 30.65%
Calderwood: 24.49%
Butcher 20.69%

Beefster
22-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Almost Butcheresque, par with Fenlon, worse than Calderwood.

hfc rd
22-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Butcher level. We all know how that ended for the club. Act now or it’s the Championship.

lord bunberry
22-09-2019, 05:30 PM
He’s very similar to Butcher in that he talks the talk, but can’t walk the walk. If he’s allowed to continue he’ll leave us in a similar place to where Butcher left us. I’ve not heard any reports of bullying from Heckingbottom, but his treatment of Fraser Murray has been shocking.

Liberal Hibby
22-09-2019, 05:30 PM
Worse than Butcher

Nope better than Butcher but that's it. Sorry shouldn't post better and heckingbottom in same sentence. Should say only Butcher is worse.

Marvellous
22-09-2019, 05:32 PM

That makes no sense.

Smartie
22-09-2019, 05:33 PM
He's the worst for me, just ahead of Calderwood.

Funnily enough I've never got as angry about Butcher as everyone else. He inherited the type of squad we have now - a horribly imbalanced one with a glaring deficiency (lack of creativity and goals in his case) - and given no realistic opportunity to improve it.

Calderwood still had something to work with when he took over and managed to pass a shambles on to poor Fenlon.

Heckingbottom had plenty to work with when he took over but has dragged us backwards at a rate of knots.

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 05:33 PM
Win percentages:

Butcher 20.69%

Absolutely irrelevant when we are sitting 2nd bottom of the league.

Crab apple
22-09-2019, 05:35 PM
Win percentages:

Butcher 20.69%

These are the stats that the CEO will cite to defend giving Heckingbottom6 until Xmas. Sadly by that time his win percentage will be in the low twenties too.

Marvellous
22-09-2019, 05:36 PM
Absolutely irrelevant when we are sitting 2nd bottom of the league.

No I think our performance over his tenure is pretty relevant if you're going to analyse it. If you want to compare his league position on this day as compared with our league position on this day for other managers then you're on the wrong thread and you're probably not going to learn very much about how his abilities compare with the rest of them.

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 05:38 PM
No I think our performance over his tenure is pretty relevant if you're going to analyse it.

Do you think he should remain as hibs manager?

Marvellous
22-09-2019, 05:40 PM
Do you think he should remain as hibs manager?

I'm not sure. But one thing is for sure, if you want to know how he ranks compared to our previous managers then those are the stats are pretty relevant.

hibby rae
22-09-2019, 05:40 PM
Butcher level. We all know how that ended for the club. Act now or it’s the Championship.

What month of the season was Duffy sacked? Just aware McLeish was within two games of keeping us up and I think had he been there longer he would have managed it.

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2019, 05:41 PM

This. Nobody will be as bad as Butcher, but Hecky is giving it a damn good try.

The 90+2
22-09-2019, 05:41 PM
Ahead of Calderwood behind Yogi.

The 90+2
22-09-2019, 05:42 PM
This. Nobody will be as bad as Butcher, but Hecky is giving it a damn good try.

He’s not worse than Calderwood. He’s almost there though. At least Calderwood brought in Vaz Te and not Doidge.

makaveli1875
22-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Behind Calder wood, running butcher close

Heisenberg
22-09-2019, 05:46 PM
He’s somewhere between Fenlon and Calderwood. Not worse than Butcher (but will be if given the chance).

cabbageandribs1875
22-09-2019, 05:46 PM
Heckingbottom ranks as : the ONLY manager i've never wanted at ER in the first place in 40+ years

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2019, 05:47 PM
He’s not worse than Calderwood. He’s almost there though. At least Calderwood brought in Vaz Te and not Doidge.

Yes, little between them. Butcher still out on his own for utter failure and incompetence.

Killiehibbie
22-09-2019, 06:09 PM
I've reckoned for a while he's going to end up in a photo finish with Butcher for the worst.

Jones28
22-09-2019, 06:25 PM

At least Fenlon was likeable

Bright_Hibee
22-09-2019, 07:39 PM
Win percentages:

Butcher 20.69%

He's won 12 games out of 25. Among that are wins against Elgin, Arbroath and Alloa, plus an extra time win over Morton. Even those games were a slog. I don't think we've played well under him, ever.

CloudSquall
22-09-2019, 07:40 PM
Calderwood didn't give a flying F so Heckingbottom stays above him for the meantime.

MWHIBBIES
22-09-2019, 07:42 PM
His win at Tynie keeps him above Calderwood easily.

hfc rd
22-09-2019, 07:49 PM
His win at Tynie keeps him above Calderwood easily.

And it all went downhill from there. We’ve only won 1 league since then. That’s relegation form.

Famousfivehh
22-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Worse than butcher. Inherited a decent squad and subsequently set about dismantling it and buying dross. A total imposter.

Pretty Boy
22-09-2019, 07:52 PM
He annoys me more than a lot of others, I've no idea why but he just irritates me. I almost worry it's some subconscious xenophobia but my girlfriend is English and her Dad is from Yorkshire and I get on with him great so I don't think it's that.

I think it's just that it seems so obviously just a job to him. Lennon cared, Stubbs cared, Fenlon cared, even Butcher seemed to care. Calderwood didn't and I place PH in the same bracket. I'm not saying he doesn't care per se but it just seems like he's going through the motions rather than treating defeats like today like a personal affront in the way some of the others did.

truehibernian
22-09-2019, 07:57 PM
Worse than Fenlon, Calderwood, and Butcher - he has to be sacked and it should have happened last week.

The whole club need a long long hard look at themselves for losing momentum, allowing standards to drop across all areas of the club, and mediocrity and complacency to set in - people became too comfortable and they lost that drive that has carried us forward the last 4 years. That's a management issue in all sectors of the business.

The football is poor, the media and marketing is poor, the fans are being sapped of energy, and the lack of real communication from the top is not only revealing it's cowardly. High standards were set and need maintained and if not people and players move or are moved on.

The result today was inevitable I'm afraid - we have returned to the sad old days of being charitable, easy to beat, and heads going down when it's against us. Porteous' interview last week said it all - when we concede, players go into themselves.

I'm a big supporter of Leeann however she needs to act, show strong leadership and more importantly direction - the creativity, imagination, and life has gone. They seem to have fallen into complacency and that's a perilous situation to be in in sport.

Manager is uninspiring, the players are disinterested and lack desire, the backroom and other areas are in a malaise. It's a top 4 club performing like a minnow with no one at the helm cracking the whip (metaphorically). None of the development players look like they'll offer anything and there are certainly none on the horizon that will be near any top side soon.

Sorry to paint the (obvious) bleak picture after a derby defeat but action needs to happen and now. Starting with sacking the management and the backroom team.

SRHibs
22-09-2019, 08:01 PM
He annoys me more than a lot of others, I've no idea why but he just irritates me. I almost worry it's some subconscious xenophobia but my girlfriend is English and her Dad is from Yorkshire and I get on with him great so I don't think it's that.

I think it's just that it seems so obviously just a job to him. Lennon cared, Stubbs cared, Fenlon cared, even Butcher seemed to care. Calderwood didn't and I place PH in the same bracket. I'm not saying he doesn't care per se but it just seems like he's going through the motions rather than treating defeats like today like a personal affront in the way some of the others did.

Yup, I got slated for saying it when we hired him, but he shows absolutely no passion, and you get the feeling that for him, being the manager is a job, and a job alone. I know it's a bit of a Hibs net cliché, but he just doesn't 'get' Hibs, and he never will. Unfortunately he's recruited a bunch of players who are just about as dull as him.

WhileTheChief..
22-09-2019, 08:02 PM
Worst of the lot.

He’s not a football manager.

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2019, 08:02 PM
Worse than Fenlon, Calderwood, and Butcher - he has to be sacked and it should have happened last week.

The whole club need a long long hard look at themselves for losing momentum, allowing standards to drop across all areas of the club, and mediocrity and complacency to set in - people became too comfortable and they lost that drive that has carried us forward the last 4 years. That's a management issue in all sectors of the business.

The football is poor, the media and marketing is poor, the fans are being sapped of energy, and the lack of real communication from the top is not only revealing it's cowardly. High standards were set and need maintained and if not people and players move or are moved on.

The result today was inevitable I'm afraid - we have returned to the sad old days of being charitable, easy to beat, and heads going down when it's against us. Porteous' interview last week said it all - when we concede, players go into themselves.

I'm a big supporter of Leeann however she needs to act, show strong leadership and more importantly direction - the creativity, imagination, and life has gone. They seem to have fallen into complacency and that's a perilous situation to be in in sport.

Manager is uninspiring, the players are disinterested and lack desire, the backroom and other areas are in a malaise. It's a top 4 club performing like a minnow with no one at the helm cracking the whip (metaphorically). None of the development players look like they'll offer anything and there are certainly none on the horizon that will be near any top side soon.

Sorry to paint the (obvious) bleak picture after a derby defeat but action needs to happen and now. Starting with sacking the management and the backroom team.

Very good post but for saying he's worse then Butcher. He achieved the impossible by relegating us from the position he inherited. That **** was truly appalling, though I grant that Hecky is pushing him hard.

hibeejeebies
22-09-2019, 08:07 PM
Worst of the lot.

He’s not a football manager.

Terry Butcher getting off very lightly on this thread IMHO Chief:D

I'm still in therapy.

Leith Green
22-09-2019, 08:07 PM
As well as being a poor manager, i dont think he gets the club or the fans at all. I find him boring , and he comes across as a stubborn arrogant prick

Hiber-nation
22-09-2019, 08:11 PM
Not as toxic as Butcher.
Not as disconnected as Calderwood.
Fenlon had Griffiths to bail him out so difficult to compare.

I'd put anyone above Butcher.

truehibernian
22-09-2019, 08:12 PM
Very good post but for saying he's worse then Butcher. He achieved the impossible by relegating us from the position he inherited. That **** was truly appalling, though I grant that Hecky is pushing him hard.

Heckingbottom will get us relegated from the position we are currently in. He's an awful manager who has absolutely underestimated the job, the game up here, and the demands. We are (and should be) a top 4 club with those very ambitions. He is boring, repetitive, and that's reflected in the performances. No desire, no fight, no passion. His summary of the game today is/was embarrassing. This week he said 'it's important but it's just 3 points' says all you need to know about him - football has progressed but you still need that innate 'Shankly-esque' stance of "life and death.........football is more important than that" - he's sapping the energy out the fans and the Board have fallen foul of resting on their laurels.

As for the owner - invest now in sacking him and getting in a few free agents. Simple as that.

Crab apple
22-09-2019, 08:27 PM
He’s an arrogant slaver. At the moment only Butcher ranks worse in my book. Unfortunately I don’t think Heckingbottom6 is getting punted anytime soon. By Xmas we’ll be fighting it out with St Mirren for bottom spot. Leaving the new manager with a team totally bereft of confidence. Sad, sad state of affairs.

Leitherhibs
22-09-2019, 08:36 PM
Worse than Butcher

Moronic post that.

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 08:39 PM
Fenlon had many many faults but he walked away when he realised he couldnt do anymore. Put the club before himself when he couldve easily hung on for a pay off.

ekhibee
22-09-2019, 08:44 PM
I suppose it depends what the OP means by recent. Duffy was a **** manager for Hibs and as good as got us relegated, I'd be fascinated to see his stats in comparison to the other ones.

truehibernian
22-09-2019, 08:53 PM
Fenlon had many many faults but he walked away when he realised he couldnt do anymore. Put the club before himself when he couldve easily hung on for a pay off.

Fenlon and his assistant spent most days after games in the pub. Defeats never fazed them. Nice guy. absolute amateur. As for his assistant........he couldn't have cared two hoots for Hibs.

Box 17
22-09-2019, 08:58 PM
Maybe we should be looking back at his track record before he got the job.

We all know what happened at Leeds, but what about his performance at Barnsley, was he really that good?

Stokesy's on fire
22-09-2019, 09:04 PM
Moronic post that.

Aye this one? Butcher at least managed to beat a rubbish hearts team at Easter Road....

truehibernian
22-09-2019, 09:06 PM
Maybe we should be looking back at his track record before he got the job.

We all know what happened at Leeds, but what about his performance at Barnsley, was he really that good?

Sometimes it's psychological with players. Not wanting to sound stereotypical and accuse players of being fickle, but when you appoint a manager often they'll look at profile, what they've done in the game, personality, achievements, etc.

When he was announced, I bet every player said 'who'. It was underwhelming (and second choice). You certainly wouldn't get that with Stubbs or Lennon. Both winners, achievers, personalities players (who aren't the brightest) can attach too through their football memories.

Of course, you get managers who are 'unknown' and achieve (Mourinho). But the level we are at, and the calibre of applicant, we should have gone with someone who was high profile given we had appointed two previously that were successful up here and who fans and players could relate to.

Heckingbottom is a dud on all levels. The club need their head examined appointing him.

Turkish Green
22-09-2019, 09:24 PM
Despite what LD stated, I just cannot believe that someone sacked by both Barnsley and Leeds with no knowledge of Scottish football was top of the pops. He must have done a impressive interview as his CV was ****.

CathroMustStay
22-09-2019, 09:28 PM
He’s somewhere between Fenlon and Calderwood. Not worse than Butcher (but will be if given the chance).

Agreed.

Box 17
22-09-2019, 09:30 PM
Despite what LD stated, I just cannot believe that someone sacked by both Barnsley and Leeds with no knowledge of Scottish football was top of the pops. He must have done a impressive interview as his CV was ****.

It doesn't say much for the other candidates on the shortlist if he was in the top two.