PDA

View Full Version : Fans

Stuart93
22-09-2019, 05:14 PM
Why are some so happy to accept what’s going on?

Clapping the team off after that **** show?

We’re a soft ****ing touch that’s for sure

Michael
22-09-2019, 05:16 PM
Clapping off the players and being disappointed aren't mutually exclusive.

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 05:16 PM
The fans are the last ones due stick. Backed the team today, as usual. And they were let down, as usual.

Youd think when we went 1 up. The players hear the atmosphere lift. Every tackle being roared. They would come out their shell and start to play and show a bit of pride. But the majority shrunk back into their shells and sat back and let the inevitable happen.

elevengoats
22-09-2019, 05:20 PM
I clapped. Thought quite a few players fought well today. We were the better team, unlucky.

Stuart93
The fans are the last ones due stick. Backed the team today, as usual. And they were let down, as usual.

Youd think when we went 1 up. The players hear the atmosphere lift. Every tackle being roared. They would come out their shell and start to play and show a bit of pride. But the majority shrunk back into their shells and sat back and let the inevitable happen.

Which is fair enough but can’t understand any fan standing clapping our players off at full time after that?

Nothing but blind faith.

Stuart93
I clapped. Thought quite a few players fought well today. We were the better team, unlucky.

Hahahahaha

Ok mate

No clue what game you were at today

hibee92
22-09-2019, 05:21 PM

In fairness you might think that. But unfortunately you’re wrong

hibee92
22-09-2019, 05:21 PM

Anyone staying back to applaud that shower are an embarrassment themselves

BoyledEgg
22-09-2019, 05:22 PM

We lost nearly every battle out there. Midfield are almost as bad as Butchers. We were/are brutal.

BoomtownHibees
22-09-2019, 05:28 PM

Better team 😂

Cabbie1875
22-09-2019, 05:31 PM
Im not one for booing the team of the park but why applaud when the team has just let you and every other person in the stadium down, embarrassing, a ****in disgrace

Frazerbob
22-09-2019, 05:35 PM
I’m not one for throwing scarves etc ( a few in the park today) but I couldn’t believe the number of happy clappers at full time. Clapping that means you accept it. That’s makes you part of the problem I’m afraid.

Sammy7nil
22-09-2019, 05:35 PM

I agree Hibs were not great but I thought Hearts were worse. Hibs did not deserve lose today.

Borderhibbie76
22-09-2019, 05:36 PM

We’re a soft ****ing touch that’s for sureHave to admit that angered me too. Total apathy we will be back to 8k gates in no time

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stokesy's on fire
22-09-2019, 05:37 PM

I clapped for Maxwell because he he was thrown into the pressure cooker and distributed the ball well. Plus he at least didn't run down the tunnel to hide like his boss did.

Heisenberg
22-09-2019, 05:38 PM
Seems the fans just accepted it after they scored their second. No booing no singing for Hecky to get to ****, just acceptance that we are back to where we were in pre relegation.

hibeerealist

We were not the better team and that team did NOT deserve to be clapped off!!!

Sammy7nil
We lost nearly every battle out there. Midfield are almost as bad as Butchers. We were/are brutal.

Hearts did not have a shot on goal until they scored. If you think they were good or the better team I think you were watching the wrong game.

Now I am not saying Hibs were great or definitely deserved to win but to say Hearts did is just silly.

GoalsMcGinley
22-09-2019, 05:39 PM

I’ll have some of what you’re on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibeerealist
22-09-2019, 05:41 PM
I’m not one for throwing scarves etc ( a few in the park today) but I couldn’t believe the number of happy clappers at full time. Clapping that means you accept it. That’s makes you part of the problem I’m afraid.

Agree FB, you don’t need to boo and certainly not throw scarves away especially in front of these James hunts, BUT PLEASE DO NOT APPLAUD that performance it was s h ite and against the team bottom of the league too.

Speedway
22-09-2019, 05:42 PM

Who fought?

Hanlon? No
Lewis? No
Vela? No
Hallberg? No
Mallan? No
Allan? No
Kamberi? No
Horgan? Not really

Porto, Maxwell, Naismith? Yes.

hibeerealist
22-09-2019, 05:42 PM
Hearts did not have a shot on goal until they scored. If you think they were good or the better team I think you were watching the wrong game.

Now I am not saying Hibs were great or definitely deserved to win but to say Hearts did is just silly.

How many shots on goal did we have before we scored????

mcfly
22-09-2019, 05:43 PM

Really?? How ?

How many shots on goal?
Non existent midfield. Vela is a joke
Stevenson is he fit?
Hanlon too slow
Kamberi can’t play up top on his own.

We are a shambles and the league table doesn’t lie

If the board doesn’t act now we are in deep trouble with this manager,

Unseen work
22-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Vela got stuck in and one us back possession a hell of a lot by his pressing.

Mallans goal is an example of this.

Sammy7nil
22-09-2019, 05:44 PM
How many shots on goal did we have before we scored????

More than Hearts read what I said not saying Hibs were great but they did not deserve to lose.

BoyledEgg
22-09-2019, 05:46 PM

Hearts were brutal aswell. But they won the battles when it mattered. Didn’t say they were good or the better team. They didn’t have many shots on goal but when Hearts got the first goal you could see it coming a mile off.

coldingham hibs
22-09-2019, 05:48 PM
I clapped for Maxwell because he he was thrown into the pressure cooker and distributed the ball well. Plus he at least didn't run down the tunnel to hide like his boss did.

Maxwell’s distribution was good, really?

gazzag70
22-09-2019, 05:48 PM
The happy clappers can do one NOW!!you have to question why anyone would find that acceptable? We create very little with the lions share of possession. The longer we stick with this idiot the worse it is going to get. We are now RELEGATION candidates and that is fact.

The_Horde
22-09-2019, 05:49 PM

Nobody fancied a protest either. The usual with this club, something will only click for the fans after we're officially relegated.

Ringothedog
22-09-2019, 05:51 PM
More than Hearts read what I said not saying Hibs were great but they did not deserve to lose.

Yes we did, we were awful, and if you can’t see that then you are part of the problem. This Hibernian team is rank rotten and we were beaten by a team that wanted to win more than than us. Everything about our club/ team is rotten and if we don’t sack our manager tomorrow then we are in for a long hard season which will end in us being relegated. If you can’t see that then borrow my glasses

hfc rd
22-09-2019, 05:52 PM
I agree Hibs were not great but I thought Hearts were worse. Hibs did not deserve lose today.

Disagree with your last sentence.

1st half both teams were just as poor as each other and offered nothing in the final 3rd. So slow and boring with neither keeper really being called upon to make an important save.

2nd half, Mallan scores an absolute beauty but what do we do after that goal.... stupidly sit back and invite pressure onto us. Exactly what we did in the last derby and it was clear as day an equaliser was coming as we sat off them rather than going for a 2nd goal to put the game to bed. They score the equaliser and start attacking us even more to nab a winner. Exactly what we should have done after scoring our first goal. We struggle with the constant pressure they are throwing at us and the goal comes albeit a massive deflection but they won’t give a monkeys how it went in. We start piling the pressure looking for a 2nd but it’s way too late, when we should have shown that sort of urgency much earlier.

thegaffer12
22-09-2019, 05:53 PM
Thought Vela showed glimpses of good today. Won back possession a couple of times when I didn't expect him to.

Mainstandman
22-09-2019, 05:55 PM
Vela got stuck in and one us back possession a hell of a lot by his pressing.

Mallans goal is an example of this.

I watched him jog back as they went forward and scored the winner, no fight or willing at all

Pretty Boy
22-09-2019, 05:57 PM
The reaction after they went ahead was odd.

It was just acceptance. No anger, no abuse but just silence. Even at FT there was a brief boo then people just marching out quietly and, bizarrely, a few people applauding. I really expected it to get nasty when that goal went in but with the exception of a subdued 'we want Hecky out' from the singing section there was just nothing.

It's almost worrying. No one wants to hear abuse but the total apathy is even more worrying. It's like the fight has just been sucked out of everyone.

Sas_The_Hibby
22-09-2019, 05:58 PM

Yes they did.

Sammy7nil
22-09-2019, 05:58 PM
Yes we did, we were awful, and if you can’t see that then you are part of the problem. This Hibernian team is rank rotten and we were beaten by a team that wanted to win more than than us. Everything about our club/ team is rotten and if we don’t sack our manager tomorrow then we are in for a long hard season which will end in us being relegated. If you can’t see that then borrow my glasses

Sorry can't see it I thought Hearts were terrible one of the worst Hearts teams i can recall. Hibs were poor too and probably neither team deserved to win.

Ikpeazu has hands full of Porteous shirt the second is a massive deflection so I have no idea how Hearts deserved to win that game.

That does not deflect from the problems we have but we were not worse than Hearts today.

MWHIBBIES
22-09-2019, 06:00 PM
Worst thing about bad form is when fans turn on other fans. Real ********s show themselves during these times.

Nicho87
22-09-2019, 06:01 PM
Clapping players over a miserable performance. Never understood it.

Sir David Gray
22-09-2019, 06:02 PM

It was just acceptance. No anger, no abuse but just silence. Even at FT there was a brief boo then people just marching out quietly and, bizarrely, a few people applauding. I really expected it to get nasty when that goal went in but with the exception of a subdued 'we want Hecky out' from the singing section there was just nothing.

It's almost worrying. No one wants to hear abuse but the total apathy is even more worrying. It's like the fight has just been sucked out of everyone.

There are alarming similarities to season 13/14 when we went down. It's really not outwith the realms of possibility that we'll be relegated again.

Leith Green
22-09-2019, 06:03 PM
Each to their own is what i say. If u wanna boo or applaud then its up to them. The worry for me is that fans will start to make their feelings clear by not going , the club have themselves to blame on that one

Sas_The_Hibby
22-09-2019, 06:03 PM
Sorry can't see it I thought Hearts were terrible one of the worst Hearts teams i can recall. Hibs were poor too and probably neither team deserved to win.

Ikpeazu has hands full of Porteous shirt the second is a massive deflection so I have no idea how Hearts deserved to win that game.

That does not deflect from the problems we have but we were not worse than Hearts today.

Yes, Hearts were as bad as us but they won. How often has that been the case all the time I've followed Hibs (56 years)?

hibbiedon
22-09-2019, 06:05 PM
i stayed till the end, I’m unhappy at the result but my job is to support the team win lose or draw. If I had left early I don’t think it would have changed the result, many stayed to the end then stood in front of the west stand and vented their anger, trust me they were not happy clappers

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 06:06 PM

As soon as their 2nd hit the net i left.

Knew we werent getting back into it and even if we did a draw at home to them does **** all for me.

Leith Green
22-09-2019, 06:07 PM

Its almost like we have reverted back to type. We have seen it all before and know a hell of a lot more than dempster or the yank where we are heading here. We have seen this movie a good few times now and realise that all the anger in the world is meaningless to a stubborn board. You could argue that they only start to give a **** when attendances are at rock bottom

Sammy7nil
22-09-2019, 06:08 PM
Yes, Hearts were as bad as us but they won. How often has that been the case all the time I've followed Hibs (56 years)?

I am about ages with you and been to 20+ derbies exactly the same two poor teams and they win with a crappy scrappy goal. I thought we had gotten over that however this going back to back old days.

It still does not make them the better team.

percy veer
22-09-2019, 06:10 PM
Worst thing about bad form is when fans turn on other fans. Real ********s show themselves during these times.

What I was thinking, people embarrassing for clapping, christ sake, too many people thinking the can tell folk what to do, I wonder if anyone was hard enough to tell these people they were embarassing

judas
22-09-2019, 06:10 PM

Fan reactions are always a extreme on here.

I’ve seen us play far worse in derbies.

The overall standard of the team is not quite high enough but I agree with you that some players have their all.

SeanWilson
22-09-2019, 06:11 PM

You're more embarrassing than that team.

SunshineOnLeith
22-09-2019, 06:13 PM
We were near a sell out today even with that clown as manager and the ridiculous ticket price, the fans are the last people who should be criticised.

zolliehibs
22-09-2019, 06:13 PM

Same, thought he was very good today and he made the effort to thank the fans for their backing today. Always the attitude we should expect from our players.

percy veer
22-09-2019, 06:14 PM

Bet you left early or your "boycott" started last week

My_Wife_Camille
22-09-2019, 06:21 PM

Some people just love the negativity and get a kick from us losing

RIP
22-09-2019, 06:28 PM

I’m afraid it’s been decades since we showed fight off the park.

The minute Hibs lose a goal to the opposition, there seems to be a cascade of brown and wet stuff running down trousers legs, down the steps and onto the pitch.

Boxers get up and fight when they are hit. Not at Hibs. Our colours run.

HFC93
22-09-2019, 06:30 PM

We weren't the better team. Especially second half.

Sas_The_Hibby
22-09-2019, 06:30 PM
I am about ages with you and been to 20+ derbies exactly the same two poor teams and they win with a crappy scrappy goal. I thought we had gotten over that however this going back to back old days.

It still does not make them the better team.

I disagree. It doesn't make them a better team technically but it makes them a better team at grinding out a result. We're soft as ****** and have been for the 56 years I've supported Hibs.

green day
22-09-2019, 06:35 PM
We were near a sell out today even with that clown as manager and the ridiculous ticket price, the fans are the last people who should be criticised.

Agreed. Football fans are not stupid - we know this guy is out his depth and has probably thought working in Scotland would be easy.

Either are sackable offences - both together mean he should have been out a couple of weeks ago.

The fans are pissed off because of him and his tactics and his ***** players.

Our fans were magnificent when we beat Hearts at Tynecastle.

Stuart93
22-09-2019, 07:48 PM

This is what I took from it. Absolutely nothing after they scored nothing after full time. Sleep walking again to a possible relegation fight.

No boo’s, no anger, **** all.

Couldn’t believe I seen people clapping

hibeerealist
22-09-2019, 07:51 PM
Its almost like we have reverted back to type. We have seen it all before and know a hell of a lot more than dempster or the yank where we are heading here. We have seen this movie a good few times now and realise that all the anger in the world is meaningless to a stubborn board. You could argue that they only start to give a **** when attendances are at rock bottom

That is when change is certainty, fans not turning up means big trouble. Meantime, we will keep this imposter in place until that happens

hibeerealist
22-09-2019, 07:53 PM
This is what I took from it. Absolutely nothing after they scored nothing after full time. Sleep walking again to a possible relegation fight.

No boo’s, no anger, **** all.

Couldn’t believe I seen people clapping

We have been here a few times and know how it ends and until our board/owner gets to grips with it - we are Donald ducked sadly!!!

Carheenlea
22-09-2019, 07:59 PM
I gave Scott Allan a half hearted clap as he went down the tunnel, but was surprised full-time was met with barely a whimper of rage from the stands. The fans have been beaten into submission, and that sends a clear to message to Gordon and Dempster that change is required than any mass booing session would do.

Stonewall
22-09-2019, 09:22 PM

Poor.

Hermit Crab
22-09-2019, 11:07 PM
Anyone staying back to applaud that shower are an embarrassment themselves

Im not one for booing the team of the park but why applaud when the team has just let you and every other person in the stadium down, embarrassing, a ****in disgrace

Have to admit that angered me too. Total apathy we will be back to 8k gates in no time

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Agree, some jokers stood and applauded them at Motherwell and Kilmarnock. :crazy:

Frazerbob
23-09-2019, 06:28 AM
i stayed till the end, I’m unhappy at the result but my job is to support the team win lose or draw. If I had left early I don’t think it would have changed the result, many stayed to the end then stood in front of the west stand and vented their anger, trust me they were not happy clappers

Where did I mention leaving early? I also stayed to the end, how else did I see folk clapping at full time? As I said, if you clapped that performance, you are accepting of it. That is the very definition of a happy clapper. Plenty in the East did and I just don’t get it.
As for it being your job, what’s the salary? I might apply as I’m there every week anyway 😂

matty_f
23-09-2019, 06:40 AM

:agree: I mentioned this in the podcast last night, it didn’t even feel like a derby atmosphere yesterday, we’re a nothing team with a nothing atmosphere at the moment. Worrying that folk are so apathetic to the situation and it’s a damning reflection on the club and those in charge.

The Captain....
23-09-2019, 07:15 AM
I think fans are a hit numb atm..its apathy more than an acceptance of what's going on. I've not really had the impression that there are many of us who think we have anything other than a lame duck manager and a very poor squad of players from a shocking transfer window.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
23-09-2019, 07:30 AM
Agree, some jokers stood and applauded them at Motherwell and Kilmarnock. :crazy:

It's really not that significant. Regardless of results, those fans still love the club and probably do it out of habit, tradition or respect for Hibernian as a whole.

Chastising fans for actually showing support for the club is the embarrassing thing here.

Hermit Crab
23-09-2019, 07:31 AM
It's really not that significant. Regardless of results, those fans still love the club and probably do it out of habit, tradition or respect for Hibernian as a whole.

Chastising fans for actually showing support for the club is the embarrassing thing here.

I take it you go to all the games aye? Having to sit through that crap. No applause from me.

Vault Boy
23-09-2019, 07:32 AM
I take it you go to all the games aye?

No I don't. I take it you asked because you can't actually construct a relevant response?

You've edited your response now: I'm not saying fans should applaud after a **** performance. If you wanna walk out early, ignore the team or even boo at the end, that's absolutely your right to do so. I didn't say anything about fans who don't choose to applaud.

Brightside
23-09-2019, 07:33 AM
I take it you go to all the games aye? Having to sit through that crap. No applause from me.

You appear to go to all the games just to be annoyed at the club and players.

Hermit Crab
23-09-2019, 07:36 AM
You appear to go to all the games just to be annoyed at the club and players.

There will not be one Hibs fan who is not annoyed with the club and players right now. Except you. :clapper:

Hermit Crab
23-09-2019, 07:37 AM
No I don't. I take it you asked because you can't actually construct a relevant response?

No I asked because I'm wondering where this tradition of applauding players after a horsing has come from.

B.H.F.C
As others have already mentioned, the acceptance of the support yesterday was a real worry. Heckingbottom has absolutely sucked the life out of the whole club.

I think the apathy is there because it’s just so bloody obvious what needs to happen, but there is a feeling it’s not going to happen. If he is still there when we play Celtic on Saturday, there is going to be a hell of a lot of empty seats.

Joe6-2
Fans seem to be the last thing the club are interested in, we have to show our disgust at the way things are going at the moment, on and off the park, and while we all love Hibs, if the players aren’t delivering (or even showing they are trying too) we have limited recourse, and refusing to applaud is one of them

Brightside
23-09-2019, 07:41 AM
There will not be one Hibs fan who is not annoyed with the club and players right now. Except you. :clapper:

You love it. Living in misery is your thing. I'll clap players whenever i want to.

Johnny Clash
23-09-2019, 07:43 AM
I’m pretty sure the muted clapping after the final whistle was in response to Maxwell at least coming over to applaud the supporters in the three stands for once again giving great support to our team. Maxwell showed a bit of respect at the end whilst others scooted up the tunnel so nothing to get upset about.

Vault Boy
23-09-2019, 07:44 AM
No I asked because I'm wondering where this tradition of applauding players after a horsing has come from.

Would I had to have attended every game since birth in order to know that? Still don't see the relevance.

It's obvious that the fans who applaud after a defeat aren't doing so because they're really happy with the players, I've suggested that it's probably out of habit and respect for the club as a whole.

Last people who need to be insulted right now are fellow supporters who haven't done a thing wrong.