PDA

View Full Version : Berra's easiest afternoon this season?

Scotty Leither
22-09-2019, 05:09 PM
Why shell long balls to Kamberi only for Berra to be all over him like a rash?

Flo has been one of our few notable performers this season, but hold-up play isn't his game.

A Paatelainen type would have had Berra (who even the Hearts fans admit is finished) on his arse today and engaged him in contact to at least make the referee make a decision to award us a free kick once in a while, but no, Heckingbottom persists with it until it's too late.

We continually coughed up the ball and invited them on. It's a recurring theme and will see us relegated unless someone in that Boardroom takes a tough decision or two.

...and don't get me started on the boy Doidge, he is utterly woeful, and I wonder just exactly what role he had in mind for him when we splashed out a whopping £130k on him.

Crab apple
22-09-2019, 05:15 PM

Flo has been one of our few notable performers this season, but hold-up play isn't his game.

A Paatelainen type would have had Berra (who even the Hearts fans admit is finished) on his arse today and engaged him in contact to at least make the referee make a decision to award us a free kick once in a while, but no, Heckingbottom persists with it until it's too late.

We continually coughed up the ball and invited them on. It's a recurring theme and will see us relegated unless someone in that Boardroom takes a tough decision or two.

...and don't get me started on the boy Doidge, he is utterly woeful, and I wonder just exactly what role he had in mind for him when we splashed out a whopping £130k on him.

By all accounts Berra is past it. Spoke to a Hamilton player after they played the **** and they targeted Berra by playing balls wide and in behind. Only HeckingBottomsix can explain our tactics today.

CloudSquall
22-09-2019, 05:17 PM
It's been like this for a while vs Hearts:

CB to Stevenson, Stevenson to keeper, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF, Berra wins the header vs Kamberi, Hearts gain possession.

Stokesy's on fire
22-09-2019, 05:19 PM
Of course it was easy for berra he was granted free fouls all game

GreenCastle
22-09-2019, 05:21 PM
Since Berra came back to Hearts nearly every manager has been clueless and allowed HIbs players to do this.

Another example of clueless mistake from our club.

Heisenberg
22-09-2019, 05:22 PM
We always play right into Berra’s hands. Launching it long for Flo will never work against him. All he’s good at these days is winning it in the air, Hamilton and Motherwell perfectly exposed him.

Scotty Leither
22-09-2019, 05:22 PM
Of course it was easy for berra he was granted free fouls all game

That's my point though - someone who could draw him in and put him on his backside would ensure we get our share of fouls and get the team further up the park as the ball doesn't stick to Flo.

But then i'm only a humble gadgie in the stands, what do I know that our manager doesn't?

Crammond Hibee
22-09-2019, 05:27 PM
Flo had a hard task but even balls played to his chest and feet not held up.
Terrible
Berra is having a mare season but not today.

Crammond Hibee
22-09-2019, 05:28 PM
I prefer two up front especially at home

hibeerealist
22-09-2019, 05:35 PM

Aye Berra might be finished and “Flo”, as you refer to him, was out done by an ageing player all over him like a rash - Kamberi is a pretty poor player and does very little to help himself on the pitch. Same high balls same movement by Kamberi, second to everything and I think you are only encouraging him by making out he has been good for us.

Second rate even even with two up front!!

Turkish Green
22-09-2019, 05:39 PM
Berra by all accounts is finished yet tactics today played to his strength rather than his weakness. He is slow to turn and defend balls behind him but did we do that, no we didn't. He had Kamberi well covered all game which let Halkett free to wonder.

Scotty Leither
22-09-2019, 06:20 PM
Aye Berra might be finished and “Flo”, as you refer to him, was out done by an ageing player all over him like a rash - Kamberi is a pretty poor player and does very little to help himself on the pitch. Same high balls same movement by Kamberi, second to everything and I think you are only encouraging him by making out he has been good for us.

Second rate even even with two up front!!

I don't doubt what you're saying that he was undone by an ageing player...but Kamberi's better with the ball played into him in the channels - again, we can all see that but the tactical genius in the dugout can't.

I would've thought we might have addressed this in the last 2-3 transfer windows (i.e. at a time that predates even Heckingbottom) but we're constantly outdone physically by that mob, and these type of figurehead players cost decent money too, which we don't seem prepared to spend.

As for his signings, i'm still unsure as to what kind of CF that Doidge is, I don't know what type of midfielder Vela is, because he's certainly not a creative one, nor is he a box-to-box type of player either.

Worryingly I don't think the manager knows what type of player he needs to sign either.

I just hope his next "signing" is along the bottom of his termination agreement.

ShetlandHibby
22-09-2019, 06:22 PM
My biggest concern is the style we now play. Where is the swashbuckling flair that our club is known far and wide for. The quick accurate passing? We played so many punts today. I’d rather lose trying to play the correct way than win by punting it long. The sad thing is we lose when playing long.

MWHIBBIES
22-09-2019, 06:24 PM
I prefer two up front especially at home

2 up front isn't more or less likely to score goals. Its about execution and our execution of 1,2 and 3 up front this season has been pish.

where'stheslope
22-09-2019, 06:44 PM
Berra by all accounts is finished yet tactics today played to his strength rather than his weakness. He is slow to turn and defend balls behind him but did we do that, no we didn't. He had Kamberi well covered all game which let Halkett free to wonder.
Today could have been our last chance to get at Berra, as I think when Souttar comes back he will be alongside Halkett.

Hiber-nation
22-09-2019, 07:01 PM
Jambo mate says it was the first time this season that Berra's got the better of any striker.

Flo was rubbish, never mind the service, look at his work rate. Nowhere near good enough.

JohnM1875
22-09-2019, 07:07 PM
Jambo mate says it was the first time this season that Berra's got the better of any striker.

Flo was rubbish, never mind the service, look at his work rate. Nowhere near good enough.

Flo's work rate?! Are you being serious?

One thing I'd never question is the guys work rate. Watch him off the ball, he's constantly making good runs in behind the defence, our midfield just never look up to see that and play him in.

So, instead, we lump balls up to him expecting him to do something. And, even when he does do something there's literally no support!

Flo is and never will be a target man through the middle.

Turkish Green
22-09-2019, 07:17 PM
Today could have been our last chance to get at Berra, as I think when Souttar comes back he will be alongside Halkett.

I would agree that Halkett & Souttar is the better pairing but how long is Souttar going to remain at the club assuming he is fit? Regardless Berra is *****ed.

Still too good for Kamberi, mind.

Hiber-nation
22-09-2019, 07:24 PM
Flo's work rate?! Are you being serious?

One thing I'd never question is the guys work rate. Watch him off the ball, he's constantly making good runs in behind the defence, our midfield just never look up to see that and play him in.

So, instead, we lump balls up to him expecting him to do something. And, even when he does do something there's literally no support!

Flo is and never will be a target man through the middle.

We'll have to agree to disagree. He wasn't good enough last season even with better service, needed replaced and now we're stuck with him as our main striker. I don't think he did enough to help the midfield in the 2nd half, didn't get much help from the ref in the first half I admit but still not good enough.

JohnM1875
22-09-2019, 07:27 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree. He wasn't good enough last season even with better service, needed replaced and now we're stuck with him as our main striker. I don't think he did enough to help the midfield in the 2nd half, didn't get much help from the ref in the first half I admit but still not good enough.

Nothing wrong with a we healthy debate right! Haha.

Totally agree about Flo last season though! Just think we're not playing to his strengths playing his as some sort of target man.

emerald green
22-09-2019, 07:29 PM
Berra got away with murder today. Illegal use of the arms all afternoon.

Stokesy's on fire
22-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Berra got away with murder today. Illegal use of the arms all afternoon.

And it was in full view of the officials

Crammond Hibee
22-09-2019, 07:56 PM
2 up front isn't more or less likely to score goals. Its about execution and our execution of 1,2 and 3 up front this season has been pish.

True
But at least we would have more bodies in the box at least