PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hanlon

Brightside
22-09-2019, 04:58 PM
Great performance today. For balance to the other threads today.

Beefster
22-09-2019, 04:59 PM
Look at me.

Shanksaidno
22-09-2019, 05:00 PM
What game were u at ... he got mugged by the donkey umpteen times

B.H.F.C
22-09-2019, 05:01 PM
Did fantastically at the first goal.

Sammy7nil
Look at me.

Sorry can't see you :confused:

BoomtownHibees
Apart from getting ragdolled at the first goal by the big dumpling??

The 90+2

Stop trolling eh.

hibeerealist
22-09-2019, 05:02 PM

Jesus, I have heard it all now!!!

Fife-Hibee
22-09-2019, 05:02 PM
He’s finished ‘ sorry if that upsets anybody !

Stuart93
22-09-2019, 05:03 PM

Worst happy clapper on this site

Vault Boy
22-09-2019, 05:03 PM
I actually thought he was our best player today. That isn't saying much mind.

Brightside
22-09-2019, 05:04 PM
I actually thought he was our best player today. That isn't saying much mind.

Correct. Scott Allan hardly touched the ball second half. But MoM

CloudSquall
Needs to redo his man up course, back to being soft as *****.

hfc rd
You must be related to him or something because you’ve been defending him for months when it’s clear as a day he looks nothing like the player he was before that injury.

Ikpeazu was bossing him all game the moment he realised he was struggling to get the better of Ryan Porteous and decided to go over to Paul’s side. Porteous is the only one at the back that deserved pass marks today.

we are hibs
Porteous had the better of ikpeazu. Ikpeazu went onto hanlon and dominated him. Not a coincidence.

Callum_62
Apart from getting ragdolled at the first goal by the big dumpling??Wasn't it porteous?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
22-09-2019, 05:05 PM
He wasn't awful, he wasn't outstanding.

He was ok today.

Brightside
22-09-2019, 05:06 PM
Wasn't it porteous?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Yes. But that’s not allowed to be mentioned

hibsbollah
22-09-2019, 05:06 PM

I respect your posts, obviously youre not trolling but I watched him fairly closely and I thought he was all o er the place positional and seemed to actually give up on Ikpeazu at one point. We all see things differently I suppose, as I see from the Marciano thread!

Brightside
22-09-2019, 05:07 PM
You must be related to him or something because you’ve been defending him for months when it’s clear as a day he looks nothing like the player he was before that injury.

Ikpeazu was bossing him all game the moment he realised he was struggling to get the better of Ryan Porteous and decided to go over to Paul’s side. Porteous is the only one at the back that deserved pass marks today.

He didn’t boss him in the slightest. Hanlon won the majority of the 1:1. That’s a clear fact.

Allant1981

Sorry paul you were not great at all

Sammy7nil
Apart from getting ragdolled at the first goal by the big dumpling??

That was Porteous and the big dumpling had hands full of his shirt pulling him to the ground.

Hermit Crab
22-09-2019, 05:08 PM

LOL. Made shop front of it for the first goal. Hanlon lovers won’t ever see anything bad though. Happy clapping at its finest.

danhibees1875
22-09-2019, 05:08 PM
He wasn't awful, he wasn't outstanding.

He was ok today.

:agree:

He was okay, not much more. Conceded a soft corner which at 1-0 I think led to the goal, I'm not saying it was his fault for the goal but that's indicative of the way he's been playing recently.

Porteous was the only player I'd go out of my way to say had a good game, and even then it was a 7/10 for losing the battle at their equaliser.

NC1875
22-09-2019, 05:09 PM
Proves my point that no matter what he does. He’s amazing

Ragdolled as usual at the first goal. Soft as ***** and never a captain

Hermit Crab
Hanlon Stevenson GTF.

we are hibs
He picked out heckingbottom with a fine pass in the first half under zero pressure.

Brightside
22-09-2019, 05:11 PM
Proves my point that no matter what he does. He’s amazing

Ragdolled as usual at the first goal. Soft as ***** and never a captain

Again. That was Porto.

supermcginn
22-09-2019, 05:11 PM
Hanlon Stevenson GTF.

Yep, time for change. Both have gone stale.

MSK
22-09-2019, 05:12 PM
He didn’t boss him in the slightest. Hanlon won the majority of the 1:1. That’s a clear fact.So Hanlon finally turned in a performance in which we got ****ed by a pish hearts team, whippee ****ing do

MikeyS
22-09-2019, 05:14 PM
Hanlon Stevenson GTF.

The amount of times Stevenson waits on the ball rolling towards him then does that stupid wee on the spot shuffle whilst making his mind up does my head in. We really need better if we want to move forward. Sentiment has to go out the window with these players.

Weegreenman
Hanlon is very soft. A strikers dream to play against.

Speedy
I thought Hanlon had a decent game against Uche

Fife-Hibee
Hanlon Stevenson GTF.

I like Stevenson, but his actions were odd in the first half. There were several times when he had the left side of the pitch all to himself when the keeper had the ball and rather than breaking out wide left and calling for it (there were no players directly ahead of him), he would doddle over to the right side where 19 other players were concentrated. Utterly bizarre.

The 90+2
22-09-2019, 05:16 PM
Hanlon Stevenson GTF.

Stevenson is a championship player and is struggling big time. No composure or confidence and can’t defend. It’s like he’s been coached by Whittaker.

Hermit Crab
22-09-2019, 05:17 PM
So Hanlon finally turned in a performance in which we got ****ed by a pish hearts team, whippee ****ing do

Hanlon is effin pish. Replace.

Stanton Spence
22-09-2019, 05:17 PM
Is this some kind of wind up he was ****n murder

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

MikeyS
22-09-2019, 05:19 PM
Stevenson is a championship player and is struggling big time. No composure or confidence and can’t defend. It’s like he’s been coached by Whittaker.

He could only dream of having the composure of Whitty by the way.

Hermit Crab

Made a point of watching him in the first half. Out of all the passes he got he played the ball forward twice. The rest went sideways or backwards. Murder.

Borderhibbie76
Great performance today. For balance to the other threads today.U have got to be having a laugh surely?? Absolutely brutal got ragdolled by Icpeazu and Lewis was awful too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bigwheel
22-09-2019, 05:21 PM

I’m with you - the big boy was a real handful but Hanlon did well today. As good as I’ve seen him for a while.

Borderhibbie76
22-09-2019, 05:22 PM
Hanlon Stevenson GTF.Sadly I agree. Been great servants for us but this looks like a season too far imo. Both were absolutely woeful today and have been all season so far. Lewis is now more of a hindrance going forward than a help

Liberal Hibby
22-09-2019, 05:22 PM
I like Stevenson, but his actions were odd in the first half. There were several times when he had the left side of the pitch all to himself when the keeper had the ball and rather than breaking out wide left and calling for it (there were no players directly ahead of him), he would doddle over to the right side where 19 other players were concentrated. Utterly bizarre.

Tactics?

Borderhibbie76
22-09-2019, 05:24 PM
I thought Hanlon had a decent game against UcheThat would be uche who almost single handedly won them the match?

Fife-Hibee
22-09-2019, 05:25 PM
Tactics?

If the tactics are to avoid big empty spaces on the pitch and go over to where the 10 opposition outfield players are, then it's no wonder we're relegation fodder.

Weegreenman
22-09-2019, 05:27 PM
Hanlon Stevenson GTF.

Two of the nicest guys you’ll ever hope to meet and if your a Hearts player, play against.
Soft as ***** and devoid of confidence.

Speedy
22-09-2019, 05:27 PM
That would be uche who almost single handedly won them the match?

Yes. The guy who fouled Porteous for the first and came in from the (Hearts) left for the winner.

Not sure what Hanlon was meant to do about either.

Since90+2
22-09-2019, 05:30 PM
He's not a captain and doesn't strike me as the type of person who folk would look to for leadership. That's not a dig at him as most players don't have that quality but he's certainly not captain material.

Hermit Crab
22-09-2019, 05:37 PM
Two of the nicest guys you’ll ever hope to meet and if your a Hearts player, play against.
Soft as ***** and devoid of confidence.

Both need replaced.

the tornadoe

You have to bear in mind who is playing in front of him this season !! Stevenson is a decent hard grafting left back.. who at the moment is under severe pressure most games because of the limited help he gets from the midfield in front of him.

The 90+2
He could only dream of having the composure of Whitty by the way.

Back in the day, aye.

The 90+2
22-09-2019, 05:39 PM
Made a point of watching him in the first half. Out of all the passes he got he played the ball forward twice. The rest went sideways or backwards. Murder.

Usually went out for a throw to them after turning back, then forward then back again. God knows what’s happened to him. James is a better option.

The 90+2
22-09-2019, 05:40 PM
You have to bear in mind who is playing in front of him this season !! Stevenson is a decent hard grafting left back.. who at the moment is under severe pressure most games because of the limited help he gets from the midfield in front of him.

He can’t play a forward pass, gets done for pace, barges off the ball and has zero composure. You’re right in there’s nobody ahead of him to place a pass to though to be honest but he’s having a nightmare more times than not now.

davhibby
22-09-2019, 05:43 PM
It’s been clear for weeks that Porteous and Jackson would be our best cb pairing. Hanlon needs dropped to give him a reality check. Been terrible for the best part of a year

Stanton Spence
22-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Stevenson is a bang average player that far too many of us get teary eyed about cos he's hung about for so long
He ain't a bad player but he's certainly not a superstar

Speedway
22-09-2019, 05:46 PM

He played with brown shorts on for the full 90.

Fife-Hibee
22-09-2019, 05:46 PM
Stevenson is a bang average player that far too many of us get teary eyed about cos he's hung about for so long

Which is fine. We're not a superstar club. Stevenson plays well in a good team that knows what it's doing. He looks terrible in a bad team that doesn't know what it's doing. People are quick to sing his praises when the whole team is playing well, but they're equally as quick to scapegoat him when the whole team is performing poorly.

mcfly
22-09-2019, 05:47 PM

Oh dear - were you at the game?

Too slow. Must be dropped

Stanton Spence
22-09-2019, 05:50 PM
Which is also fine mate but let's not pretend he's a legend etc he's just an average player when he's got good players besides him if not he's just not a good player at all and actually looks like a nervous wreck the same goes with hanlon
The pair of them have really only looked like fitbaw players when we were in the championship and that's me being brutally honest and trust me it hurts

Stanton Spence
22-09-2019, 05:52 PM
Which is fine. We're not a superstar club. Stevenson plays well in a good team that knows what it's doing. He looks terrible in a bad team that doesn't know what it's doing. People are quick to sing his praises when the whole team is playing well, but they're equally as quick to scapegoat him when the whole team is performing poorly.To me a good player will still be able to be a good player if not stand out even more in a crap team

Fife-Hibee
22-09-2019, 06:02 PM
To me a good player will still be able to be a good player if not stand out even more in a crap team

It's not always that simple. Some players are just brilliant individually. Other players are team players and their performances are highly dependant on the confidence level of the team as a whole.

Liberal Hibby
22-09-2019, 06:21 PM
If the tactics are to avoid big empty spaces on the pitch and go over to where the 10 opposition outfield players are, then it's no wonder we're relegation fodder.

Well quite.

familyman
22-09-2019, 06:29 PM
seems just far too nervous these days..sad really as he has been such a great soldier over the years..just maybe there is something else going on ...whe he is surrounded by underperforming players it does not help.so we should give him some breathing space he has earned that.

gogsy23
22-09-2019, 06:35 PM
I thought hanlon done really well with little or no help from the officials given he was constantly being fouled. 2nd goal is deflected so not much he can do, 1st goal couldnt see clearly. Defo worse players than him today thats for sure

Hibs90
22-09-2019, 06:37 PM
Hanlon is one of the weakest center halfs I have ever seen

where'stheslope
22-09-2019, 06:53 PM
Hanlon is one of the weakest center halfs I have ever seen
This is a player loads on this forum wanted capped for Scotland?
All players have dips in form, he'll bounce back!
Our problem is to many players are having form dips at the same time, we'll be back!!!

Scouse Hibee
22-09-2019, 06:56 PM
I thought hanlon done really well with little or no help from the officials given he was constantly being fouled. 2nd goal is deflected so not much he can do, 1st goal couldnt see clearly. Defo worse players than him today thats for sure

Agreed, I thought I had watched a different Paul Hanlon today after reading some of the posts on here.

Hiber-nation
22-09-2019, 06:58 PM
Same as last week, strolling through the game then as soon as real pressure is put on him he crumbles.

Lewis was far worse mind you.

JohnM1875
22-09-2019, 06:59 PM
This is a player loads on this forum wanted capped for Scotland?
All players have dips in form, he'll bounce back!
Our problem is to many players are having form dips at the same time, we'll be back!!!

Hanlon of a few seasons/18 moths ago! Sure. Get the laddie capped.

This version of Hanlon? No thank you.

Captain, supposed to lead by example, be a cool head etc. There was one point today where we could have had a break on from a Hearts cross/corner, falls to Hanlon at the edge of the box. Allan makes a forward run into centre mid, in hectares, actual hectares! Hanlon boots it straight out the pitch for a Hearts throw?!

JohnM1875
22-09-2019, 07:01 PM
Same as last week, strolling through the game then as soon as real pressure is put on him he crumbles.

Lewis was far worse mind you.

Agree, Lewis had a shocker today!

Which is a shame cause I genuinely love the guy and hate when he has a bad game cause folk on here tend to accentuate it. But even I can't defend him today.

Hiber-nation
22-09-2019, 07:03 PM
Agree, Lewis had a shocker today!

Which is a shame cause I genuinely love the guy and hate when he has a bad game cause folk on here tend to accentuate it. But even I can't defend him today.

I'm exactly the same. Don't know if it's confidence, fitness or what but he's miles off it.

flash
22-09-2019, 07:08 PM
I'm exactly the same. Don't know if it's confidence, fitness or what but he's miles off it.

They had a wee laddie produce the kind of performance we should be getting from him.

the tornadoe
22-09-2019, 07:43 PM
He can’t play a forward pass, gets done for pace, barges off the ball and has zero composure. You’re right in there’s nobody ahead of him to place a pass to though to be honest but he’s having a nightmare more times than not now.

No forward pass because no one in front of him in space looking for the ball... Done for pace because more often than not he is caught between his man and the one the midfield have left running through on his own. Stevenson has his faults and shortcomings certainly, but at the moment he is one of the first names on the team sheet for me

JimBHibees
22-09-2019, 08:18 PM

Probably our most consistent player.

Coach Jon
22-09-2019, 08:25 PM
Probably our most consistent player.
he is consistent,as soon as he gets the ball you know exactly what he is going to do with it, spends most of the game passing the ball back to whoever gives him the ball. Counted in the first half today (I know sad) received the ball 21 times, all under no pressure, passed forward 4 times, backwards 17 times.