PDA

View Full Version : Cancel building the big barn, and build a team instead.

Scotty Leither
22-09-2019, 04:42 PM
£4.5m is the latest figure being banded about to build this folly, but hey it's all about the infrastructure don't ya know?

Just to compound things our new (invisible) multi-millionaire owner expects us to "pony up" for it.

Only Hibs, eh?

The 90+2
22-09-2019, 04:44 PM
No, what we do is sell our best players spend it off the pitch building for the future and in years to come we will be well ahead of everyone when they have to build their own. Copyright some people back in 2007.

I would say we should concentrate on pitch related matters but we can’t even find a ****ing sponsor.

Marvellous
22-09-2019, 04:44 PM
At least it's our "barn" and not the students' :wink:

Onceinawhile
22-09-2019, 04:49 PM
Who is saying its costing 4.5m?

Diclonius
22-09-2019, 04:53 PM
We have to pony up for some infrastructure but honest, when it's done the team will be great! Might even draw at home against Hearts!

Scotty Leither
22-09-2019, 04:54 PM
Who is saying its costing 4.5m?

A good source (cue folk on here caling me a slaver, troll, whatever)...same source that told me it's only going to cost 3 months money to sack him.

Someone said on another thread that they reckon when McGinn gets his big move they think our cut will go on..."infrastructure".

Hard to disagree with that, but then given that the communication at the club is getting back to what it was under Teflon Don Petrie, it's hard not to be cynical as to just exactly what motivates our suits in the Boardroom.

It's certainly not an entertaining football team under this clown, that's for sure.

The 90+2
22-09-2019, 05:06 PM
At least it's our "barn" and not the students' :wink:

****in difference does that make mate?

HibbySpurs
22-09-2019, 05:28 PM
Why do we need to build a full size indoor training pitch anyway?

We play outside in the Scottish weather all the time so if it’s pissing down when training that’s just getting used to the conditions.

I’m not sure if there’s a full size outdoor pitch at EM? You know what though if there isn’t and the first team need a full size pitch to have training game on I know where there’s one they can use for free and it’s even UEFA compliant!

25 years of infrastructure, infrastructure, infrastructure is now as tedious and repetitive as hearing Gordon Brown saying prudence, prudence, prudence when he was chancellor.

Invest in the squad and get players who can genuinely compete at the top of the league year after year.

CMac1988
22-09-2019, 05:31 PM
****in difference does that make mate?

I think that's his point. Sarcasm. ;)

Captain Trips
22-09-2019, 05:34 PM
I said at the time the training center was OTT I remain in that frame of mind and any money spent on further upgrades on top of the general upkeep is IMO ridiculous. Hoever he still had good backing to have a good team.

Box 17
22-09-2019, 05:34 PM
Nero fiddled.

Fife-Hibee
22-09-2019, 05:42 PM
If the infrastructure isn't bearing fruit on the pitch, then it's an utterly pointless venture. Surely the whole purpose behind infrastructure is to improve the product on the park. Yet, that's not what we're witnessing.

Do I think the players are particularly bad individually? Not really. But we seem to be lacking some common sensibilities as a club in this league. Such as having a strong leader figure on the park who can command and encourage players for the full 90 minutes. The managers pre and half time pep talks simply aren't enough.

Bostonhibby
22-09-2019, 05:46 PM
Why do we need to build a full size indoor training pitch anyway?

We play outside in the Scottish weather all the time so if it’s pissing down when training that’s just getting used to the conditions.

I’m not sure if there’s a full size outdoor pitch at EM? You know what though if there isn’t and the first team need a full size pitch to have training game on I know where there’s one they can use for free and it’s even UEFA compliant!

25 years of infrastructure, infrastructure, infrastructure is now as tedious and repetitive as hearing Gordon Brown saying prudence, prudence, prudence when he was chancellor.

Invest in the squad and get players who can genuinely compete at the top of the league year after year.[emoji106]

I'm infrastructured and balance sheeted out, have been for a while and simply don't care that much about it whilst the on the pitch offering is as it is.

We've lost focus on what really matters.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Jones28
22-09-2019, 05:55 PM
We can’t go throwing money at these projects when we are in bother on the park, it’s as simple as that.

greenpaper55
22-09-2019, 05:56 PM
They need to build the big barn because the weather up there in the winter is awful , when the wind blows it's impossible to train ! who decided to build the TC up there knew nothing about football so i suspect it was Rod but hey it's near his house in Longniddry so what's not to like. I always thought the TC would be for the benefit of the Hibs community but who would want to hire out a few pitches in the middle of nowhere fifteen miles from our home base, sell it and move to somewhere nearer home .

Sammy7nil
22-09-2019, 06:34 PM
A good source (cue folk on here caling me a slaver, troll, whatever)...same source that told me it's only going to cost 3 months money to sack him.

Someone said on another thread that they reckon when McGinn gets his big move they think our cut will go on..."infrastructure".

Hard to disagree with that, but then given that the communication at the club is getting back to what it was under Teflon Don Petrie, it's hard not to be cynical as to just exactly what motivates our suits in the Boardroom.

It's certainly not an entertaining football team under this clown, that's for sure.

You are a slavering troll and a whatever :greengrin :wink:

Jones28
22-09-2019, 06:36 PM
They need to build the big barn because the weather up there in the winter is awful , when the wind blows it's impossible to train ! who decided to build the TC up there knew nothing about football so i suspect it was Rod but hey it's near his house in Longniddry so what's not to like. I always thought the TC would be for the benefit of the Hibs community but who would want to hire out a few pitches in the middle of nowhere fifteen miles from our home base, sell it and move to somewhere nearer home .

So you mean buy 6 football pitches of land in the middle of Leith?

That’s a great shout, I’ve got £200 million spare that I’ll ***** into the project.

Scotty Leither
22-09-2019, 06:38 PM
You are a slavering troll and a whatever :greengrin :wink:

:top marksAye, "whatever"...

Scotty Leither
22-09-2019, 06:39 PM

The Pitz at Portobello would have been my choice.

familyman
22-09-2019, 06:41 PM
When you build a reliable house you need quality bricks first.When you build a football club you need good players first and foremost ..