PDA

View Full Version : Dempster's reputation

mayo hibee
22-09-2019, 04:03 PM
...is on the line here. If she doesn't sack him she's as much a part of the problem as he is and she should go too.

neil7908
22-09-2019, 04:05 PM
Agreed. I haven't questioned her position over the last few months but if he's not gone in 24 hours she should be next out.

Vault Boy
22-09-2019, 04:06 PM
I trust Leeann and I think she's earned a pretty big safety net at the club, but she needs to be assertive with this decision IMO. Why delay the inevitable when we could start the rebuilding process now?

Is It On....
22-09-2019, 04:07 PM
...is on the line here. If she doesn't sack him she's as much a part of the problem as he is and she should go too.

I said a few weeks ago that we have to make sure the small problem does not become a larger problem. Over to LD to act..

SteveHFC
22-09-2019, 04:08 PM
She can go with Hecky too.

hfc rd
22-09-2019, 04:09 PM
Definitely. Hold your hands up and say you got it completely wrong and do the right thing and empty him. If she still backs him, then I’m totally bemused! it’s going to get worse and will be a swift return to the Championship and losing the crowd that we worked so hard to bring back with promotion and the cup win.

Jones28
22-09-2019, 04:09 PM

Aye ok.

Greencore
22-09-2019, 04:10 PM
What exactly has she done to keep her job. We won the Scottish Cup, big deal that was down to Stubbs and Co.

hhibs
22-09-2019, 04:11 PM
Aye ok.

Aye ok indeed ,she has failed as CEO of Hibs since the Cup win she has been a failure =.she should be gone too.

McKenzie
22-09-2019, 04:13 PM

Correct. She’s done a job, time for us to move on to someone who can take us forward as a club

Jones28
What exactly has she done to keep her job. We won the Scottish Cup, big deal that was down to Stubbs and Co.

Ffs do we really need to re-list the positive things she’s done?

This is the first big screw up, if she is decisive and sacks him now she gets kudos, then she gets judged on who comes in to replace him.

Alan Stubbs was appointed by Dempster, what more of an input can she have?

DetroitHibs
I don’t trust her to find the right replacement and don’t trust her recruitment team. I also didn’t like the way she handled the Lennon situation.

CloudSquall
22-09-2019, 04:14 PM
She was there to take the plaudits when things were turned around, it's time for her to face the music and stand up to be counted when the **** has hit the fan.

Jones28
22-09-2019, 04:15 PM
Aye ok indeed ,she has failed as CEO of Hibs since the Cup win she has been a failure =.she should be gone too.

What the **** are you on about? Integral to the appointment of Neil Lennon who got us up and into the Scottish cup semis, league cup semis and a fourth place finish in our first season back.

Vault Boy

Hire the management teams that won us our only Scottish Cup in living memory, got us promotion, into Europe (progressing further than we have for decades), 4th place after promotion, highest average attendances outside the OF, highest average attendances for decades, had the club in profit financially.

Aye apart from that though she's useless... 🙄

Hibernia&Alba
Leadership requires taking the tough decisions. It isn't easy to sack a guy you only appointed six months ago, but she must be humble enough to admit she got it wrong with Hecky. Press conference tomorrow.

tonyrougier123
22-09-2019, 04:16 PM
Leeann dempster needs to start listening to fans opinions or she will lose the support end of!

Hecky,recuitment,stadium set up.

We scored a screamer and behind the goals looked bad imo.

Should be bedlam behind your home goal.

McKenzie
22-09-2019, 04:17 PM
Hire the management teams that won us our only Scottish Cup in living memory, got us promotion, into Europe (progressing further than we have for decades), 4th place after promotion, highest average attendances outside the OF, highest average attendances for decades, had the club in profit financially.

Been invisible since the Lennon situation. Ruined the atmosphere. Hired the manager who has us 11th. Hired a failing “football department” who continually sign duds and seemingly fail to produce first team standard players. Who takes responsibility for that?

Greencore
22-09-2019, 04:19 PM

Everything you have said is what the size of club hibernian fc SHOULD be achieving leanne or not. She shouldn't be hailed as a success because of this fact. Hibernian fc should always be striving for these factors. Does it make rod petrie a winner because we reached Europe and won the league Cup? Let's not hail her as a success because the size of Hibernian should always strive for this.

Greencore
22-09-2019, 04:20 PM

Never said she was useless 😂👌🏼lolololol

Jim44
22-09-2019, 04:20 PM
We’ll find out in the next 24 hours whether or not Ron Graham has got a pair. If he has, he will either get rid of both PH and LD or at least instruct LD to act immediately.

Mantis Toboggan
22-09-2019, 04:21 PM

Who's your pick to replace her?

Borderhibbie76
Aye ok indeed ,she has failed as CEO of Hibs since the Cup win she has been a failure =.she should be gone too.Couldn't agree more weve had the Lennon mess and now this...she is as culpable as anyone else at the club and needs to follow him out the door imo...recruitment has been a shambles the last 3 summers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
Correct. She’s done a job, time for us to move on to someone who can take us forward as a club

no that sure she was very good at murderwell by the time she left.

Vault Boy
22-09-2019, 04:22 PM
Never said she was useless 😂👌🏼lolololol

You asked what she has done to keep her job, I answered you. Are you feeling okay?

Callum_62
22-09-2019, 04:22 PM
We’ll find out in the next 24 hours whether or not Ron Graham has got a pair. If he has, he will either get rid of both PH and LD or at least instruct LD to act immediately.

I dont care if Ron Graham has a pair

I just hope Ron Gordon does

hhibs
22-09-2019, 04:23 PM

She has also made a disconnect with fans,failed on so many commercial activity,she appointed PH,she once was a success but she is now a failure and a liability.

Nakedmanoncrack

Correct.
Let's see what he's made of.

Vault Boy
Been invisible since the Lennon situation. Ruined the atmosphere. Hired the manager who has us 11th. Hired a failing “football department” who continually sign duds and seemingly fail to produce first team standard players. Who takes responsibility for that?

Leeann and her staff. Which should be balanced against the rest of her 5 years at the club.

A Hi-Bee
22-09-2019, 04:24 PM

She was caught between a rock and a hard place giving her background in football, she has sat through many years of hunnery so how could she speak out against it too much, she has been hiding ever since in my humble.

Just_Jimmy
22-09-2019, 04:25 PM
Lennon
Current Manager
Recruitment
Commercial failure after failure

Questions have to be asked.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
22-09-2019, 04:25 PM
She has also made a disconnect with fans,failed on so many commercial activity,she appointed PH,she once was a success but she is now a failure and a liability.

She's still brought more success to us in 5 years than any other leadership regime in recent history.

Crab apple
22-09-2019, 04:27 PM

Sadly I just don’t see anything happening. Bottom six will be in charge against Killie and until Xmas. Scary times.

Glory Lurker
22-09-2019, 04:27 PM
Hibs are a shambles on and off the pitch. I don't think that reflects well on her at all.

Greencore
22-09-2019, 04:28 PM
You asked what she has done to keep her job, I answered you. Are you feeling okay?

Your answer is basically what the size of a club like hibernian fc should be achieving. So it's kinda pointless no? And nah not OK. Hibs should be winning these games no excuses.

Jim44
22-09-2019, 04:29 PM
I dont care if Ron Graham has a pair

I just hope Ron Gordon does

Oops ...... I must be more upset than I thought. :greengrin

Dolce7
22-09-2019, 04:29 PM
Why go down the Leanne hating route we are getting like the yams with the hatred

BegbieHSC
22-09-2019, 04:30 PM
Heckingbottom and George Craig need to go tonight.

Dempster needs a serious appraisal from the board.

Vault Boy
22-09-2019, 04:31 PM
Your answer is basically what the size of a club like hibernian fc should be achieving. So it's kinda pointless no? And nah not OK. Hibs should be winning these games no excuses.

Even if you think that's what Hibs should be achieving (I agree fwiw), it doesn't change the fact that we haven't been able to come close to achieving it until Leeann was appointed.

'On paper, a club the size of hibs etc etc' is something we've heard for years, doesn't mean it just happens.

Famousfivehh
22-09-2019, 04:31 PM
Worryingly she was very vocal when things were going well. Now we need a steady hand and leadership we have nothing.

DetroitHibs
22-09-2019, 04:32 PM
Why go down the Leanne hating route we are getting like the yams with the hatred

Maybe we could all just hold hands and sing Kumbaya, hoping everything will get better :confused:

Mantis Toboggan
Maybe we could all just hold hands and sing Kumbaya, hoping everything will get better :confused:

Yes, that is the only other option.

hhibs

No one is hating ,but she has become a liability and should go. IMO in a non hating way.

Greencore
22-09-2019, 04:33 PM
Even if you think that's what Hibs should be achieving (I agree fwiw), it doesn't change the fact that we haven't been able to come close to achieving it until Leeann was appointed.

'On paper, a club the size of hibs etc etc' is something we've heard for years, doesn't mean it just happens.

Do you agree as fans we should expect this or just accept that hibs can't achieve this? Glad you agree with me we should never put up with the start of the season shambles.

Jim44
22-09-2019, 04:33 PM

I don’t think there is hatred there. It’s a simple case of her having to make the right decision. The balls in her court.

tonyrougier123
22-09-2019, 04:34 PM

Don't think so,valid questions needing answered at hibs.she is coasting and negating all communication barring a daft wee video that was neither here nor there.

Stanton Spence
22-09-2019, 04:35 PM
As much as it pains me to say this but I won't be back under the current stewardship of our club and trust me that's ****n difficult to to think never mind say and post. He's obviously not got a clue and if LD can't see this then she should gtf tae
All the good things that have happened since the cup win are now just a bit of history and distant memories bit like when St Johnstone won the thing. It's now a matter of so ****n what you won the cup whoo hoo
I would love to back a wholesale boycott for the celtic game which is going to be a matter of pitching up to watch us get rag dolled

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
22-09-2019, 04:35 PM
Do you agree as fans we should expect this or just accept that hibs can't achieve this? Glad you agree with me we should never put up with the start of the season shambles.

I simply don't agree that Leeann needs to go for things to improve. The manager needs to go, so I certainly don't think the fans have to just put up with this form.

Heckingbottom is the only appointment that has ended up being a dud for LD so I think she deserves the opportunity to try again.

PaulSmith
22-09-2019, 04:37 PM
Couldn’t give a toss about Dempster or anyone else. I want the best for Hibs and right now LD ain’t making the grade.

If she doesn’t sack him tonight then she’s as culpable as anyone.

Borderhibbie76
22-09-2019, 04:37 PM
Why go down the Leanne hating route we are getting like the yams with the hatredShe is the CEO and we are an utter shambles at the moment. Of course questions are being asked

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Big Deek
22-09-2019, 04:41 PM
As much as it pains me to say this but I won't be back under the current stewardship of our club and trust me that's ****n difficult to to think never mind say and post. He's obviously not got a clue and if LD can't see this then she should gtf tae
All the good things that have happened since the cup win are now just a bit of history and distant memories bit like when St Johnstone won the thing. It's now a matter of so ****n what you won the cup whoo hoo
I would love to back a wholesale boycott for the celtic game which is going to be a matter of pitching up to watch us get rag dolled

Thought I was the only one not going back. I don't work all bloody week to spend any kind of money watching crap, couldn't be bothered "players" and a manager who is so far out of his depth thta he can't see it. No, today was the final straw for me.

Smartie
22-09-2019, 04:45 PM
She has achieved a great deal at Hibs and her achievements definitely outweigh her mistakes.

I fear for her a bit at the moment tbh. A new man has come in as owner, been promised all sorts about how good a state the football club is in and for all the time he's had us he must think we are an utter shambles. There are many reasons for that but at the moment LD will be the one who is having to answer the most questions. If the football players aren't good enough, that will be down to the manager. What if the manager isn't good enough though, who appointed him?

LD is highest up the chain and the buck stops with her. If Ron is serious about having any sort of footballing success he will be asking right now what has been going on - because he's got a lot of skin in this game and I'd be amazed if he amassed the wealth he did tolerating too much underperformance along the way.

Of course, she could acknowledge the biggest mistake she's made, give PH the bullet tonight and go a long way to starting to regain the respect and support of pretty much everyone.

Sadly I think our squad is so poor that it's going to take a lot more than just a change of manager to turn things around. His appointment has been an absolute catastrophe and it will take years and millions of pounds to fix.

WhileTheChief..
22-09-2019, 04:47 PM
She’ll be on the phone to Budge getting advice on how to write a club statement in support of the manager.

Careful what you say or you’re not a ‘genuine Hibs fan’.

Stanton Spence
22-09-2019, 04:48 PM
Thought I was the only one not going back. I don't work all bloody week to spend any kind of money watching crap, couldn't be bothered "players" and a manager who is so far out of his depth thta he can't see it. No, today was the final straw for me.I'm sure we ain't alone deek. Hibs have my dough this year and no doubt get it again next year though some urge to support the club via season tickets etc but right now I actually despise the club I love and again I'm sure I ain't alone
There's absolutely nothing in the current set up that gives you a bit hope that things will improve, for example when we get players back from injury or once they get to gel or when the manager can get his own players in etc
There's absolutely no hope right now unless they sack this radge

LeithMike
22-09-2019, 04:56 PM
She has achieved a great deal at Hibs and her achievements definitely outweigh her mistakes.

I'm not so sure. Wasnt the big achievement meant to be building a structure at the club so that we wouldn't return to the mess we were in before she was appointed? Looks like we are pretty close to where we were under Calderwood et al. If so, then she really hasn't achieved what she set out to do.

For Hibs to lose their way so quickly and completely shows that there wasnt any magic formula and that we were probably just a bit lucky in the transfer window in 2015.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
22-09-2019, 05:04 PM
She’ll be on the phone to Budge getting advice on how to write a club statement in support of the manager.

Careful what you say or you’re not a ‘genuine Hibs fan’.

She'll start handing out banning orders soon.

Mantis Toboggan
22-09-2019, 05:14 PM
She'll start handing out banning orders soon.

Just making stuff up now. Good work

My_Wife_Camille
22-09-2019, 05:24 PM
Dempster is treating the fans with the same levels of contempt as she does her employees. The difference is she can always employ a new member of staff but it’s not as easy to get fill empty seats when the fans have lost faith

Nakedmanoncrack
22-09-2019, 05:26 PM
I'm not so sure. Wasnt the big achievement meant to be building a structure at the club so that we wouldn't return to the mess we were in before she was appointed? Looks like we are pretty close to where we were under Calderwood et al. If so, then she really hasn't achieved what she set out to do.

For Hibs to lose their way so quickly and completely shows that there wasnt any magic formula and that we were probably just a bit lucky in the transfer window in 2015.

Sent from my SM-N960F usingk

Spot on.

Hi Heid Yin
22-09-2019, 05:38 PM
Ffs do we really need to re-list the positive things she’s done?

This is the first big screw up, if she is decisive and sacks him now she gets kudos, then she gets judged on who comes in to replace him.

Alan Stubbs was appointed by Dempster, what more of an input can she have?

:top marks

Chorley Hibee
22-09-2019, 05:41 PM

In my humble opinion, that is all it was Mike, we finally got lucky (over a ten minute period in the cup final to be specific).

She is as culpable as anyone for the shambles we have regressed to once again, and I'd lose no sleep over her following Heckingbottom out of the door.

The 90+2
22-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Dempsters reputation will be saved if she has the guts to not only sack Heckingbottom but then go to Stubbsy and give him the role.

The_Horde
22-09-2019, 05:45 PM
Dempster is treating the fans with the same levels of contempt as she does her employees. The difference is she can always employ a new member of staff but it’s not as easy to get fill empty seats when the fans have lost faith

You mean all the staff apart from Hecky.

silverhibee
22-09-2019, 05:47 PM

My nephew who is studying at Edinburgh uni was at ER through the week doing a test or something and he was saying that one of the lads had went down to the car park for a smoke, Ms Dempster came out and pulled him up for smoking in the car park and a few words were said about it, she reported him to the uni reagarding the matter.

Baldy Foghorn
22-09-2019, 05:49 PM
I want the Board removed. Complete negligence for two seasons, wasting more money on infrastructure projects. Get the non execs off who are enjoying gravy train. Get new CEO and put your money where your mouth is Mr Gordon.

oldbutdim
22-09-2019, 05:51 PM
My nephew who is studying at Edinburgh uni was at ER through the week doing a test or something and he was saying that one of the lads had went down to the car park for a smoke, Ms Dempster came out and pulled him up for smoking in the car park and a few words were said about it, she reported him to the uni reagarding the matter.

Glad to hear it.

Bloody students.

It was probably one of these joint things.

hibbydad
22-09-2019, 05:51 PM
Dempster the woman who said her door was always open but she wont come out and face the fans

gando
22-09-2019, 05:52 PM

This. She has her yes men that she brought in from Motherwell. Jobs for the boys.

Liberal Hibby
22-09-2019, 05:53 PM
I want the Board removed. Complete negligence for two seasons, wasting more money on infrastructure projects. Get the non execs off who are enjoying gravy train. Get new CEO and put your money where your mouth is Mr Gordon.

What non-Execs are enjoying the gravy train?

I'm in favour of keeping Dempster as Heckingbottom needs his jotters now and tearing up the structure on field and off field at the same time is not likely to end well. But we need to see some sign of both long term recruitment and on field performance improvement in the next head coach appointment.

hibeerealist
22-09-2019, 05:54 PM

Leann, If you are reading .net please just get PH as far from ER as possible. You must see that he is taking us backwards. OK you may want to give him more time, most fans don’t so get him out before they start calling for your head too.

PLEASE

Yuillsy
22-09-2019, 05:56 PM
Leeann dempster needs to start listening to fans opinions or she will lose the support end of!

Hecky,recuitment,stadium set up.

We scored a screamer and behind the goals looked bad imo.

Should be bedlam behind your home goal.I went ****ing radge!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
22-09-2019, 05:56 PM
Leeann has been brilliant for our club - taking over us when we'd just been relegated and overseeing us through one of the most exciting periods in our history.
She has major credit, including getting both Stubbsy and Lenny through the door, but there is a real danger of her losing much of this credit if she doesnt act decisively regarding Heckingbottom. He is without question her first managerial "disappointment" - a guy whose football is at best "workman-like" and who comes across as "clueless" and "shorn of hope" in his post-match interviews.

Hibees1973
22-09-2019, 05:58 PM
Feel sorry for any Hibs fan who has bought a season ticket. I am a regular at Easter Road but it is over 30 years since I bought a ST.

It is my feeling that any Hibby who buys a season ticket is a better and more loyal supporter than me so they do have my sympathy if the prospect for the season ahead is watching a Hecky team.

There will be loads of empty seats at ER in the foreseeable future. There is no better message to Dempster and Gordon that we have had enough.

I’m no analyst, but I would sum up that Hibs under the management of Hecky does not feel right.

This team had little ability and even less fight. Under Stubbs and Lennon we were attacking, scoring plenty of goals and great to watch. Hecky has taken this vibrancy out of us in such a short period of time. Makes it more difficult to watch this given what we have seen over the last 4 years.

His signings have been a disgrace, but I feel the Dempster’s precious structure needs a complete overhaul.

She had done a fantastic job over the last 5 years and deserves the chance to put it right.

But will Gordon give her the chance to do this?

Baldy Foghorn
22-09-2019, 05:59 PM

I'm in favour of keeping Dempster as Heckingbottom needs his jotters now and tearing up the structure on field and off field at the same time is not likely to end well. But we need to see some sign of both long term recruitment and on field performance improvement in the next head coach appointment. Them all what do they actually bring to the table?

Weegreenman
Leeann has my full backing but I’m fast losing patience with her. He needs to go now. 😡

Viva_Palmeiras

I think we need to separate the issues and dangerous.

LD was exactly what we needed and almost an unbelievable capture - what we’d been calling out for.
surely Beyond our wildest dreams that we captured
the Holy Grail within ~2 years of her appointment.

So let’s not throw the babe out with the bathwater here. Managerial appointments are not a slam-dunk but she exceeded wildest dreams with ditching TB and securing Stubbs.

I dispute she is the problem here.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-09-2019, 06:01 PM
Leeann has my full backing but I’m fast losing patience with her. He needs to go now. 😡

Doesnt sound like she has your full backing at all and if I were
her and you’d offered your public backing I’d have passed.

Baldy Foghorn
22-09-2019, 06:01 PM

I'm in favour of keeping Dempster as Heckingbottom needs his jotters now and tearing up the structure on field and off field at the same time is not likely to end well. But we need to see some sign of both long term recruitment and on field performance improvement in the next head coach appointment.

I actually asked one tonight what was going on, he shrugged his shoulders. Sums up the whole sorry mess

Hibs90
22-09-2019, 06:06 PM
I don't think she will sack him. Her job could be at risk too with Gordon watching over her. He's clearly put his trust in her to run the club whilst he isn't around.

If she sacks him then it looks bad on her, as she appointed him. Gordon will see this and then ask questions of her. Rightfully so. She will be protecting her job and massive salary. I reckon she will be hoping he resigns.

She needs to stand up, be assertive and take the blow to her reputation and if it means she loses her job then so be it. The club is more important, which should go without saying.

emerald green
22-09-2019, 06:08 PM
The appointment of Heckingbottom has been a huge mistake. The quality of most of the signings the club has made under his watch are simply just not good enough. Essentially, the transfer budget has been largely wasted.

It's pretty safe to assume that Hibs will occupy bottom spot in the league table after the next two fixtures - Celtic (H) Aberdeen (A) - and it's hard to see where our next win is going to come from. The club simply cannot countenance another relegation.

No manager/coach can survive that surely?

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 06:10 PM
Standards have been allowed to slip on and off the park for over a year now.

Onion
22-09-2019, 06:11 PM
LD has to accept that Hibs fans fears of another relegation fight, awful results and garbage football are still very fresh. Calls for PH's dismissal is not a knee-jerk reaction from fans who have been spoiled or have unrealistic expectations. We've been here before with Butcher and it was his poor appointment and lack of decisive action that led to us being relegated for 3 years !

She and the Board are in no position to ignore the fans or ask for patience. There are no signs of things beginning to click or PH's duff signings coming good. It's the same stuff week after week. PH has messed this up with his signings, structure, motivation, tactics which will not sort itself out in time. This is what we'll get week after week.

The difference between the Hibs team of 2 years ago and today is a massive, and LD / Hibs Board must accept some responsibility for that. Time to sort it out.

silverhibee
22-09-2019, 06:12 PM
Glad to hear it.

Bloody students.

It was probably one of these joint things.

Nothing wrong with a bit green at ER

Liberal Hibby
22-09-2019, 06:12 PM
I don't think she will sack him. Her job could be at risk too with Gordon watching over her. He's clearly put his trust in her to run the club whilst he isn't around.

If she sacks him then it looks bad on her, as she appointed him. Gordon will see this and then ask questions of her. Rightfully so. She will be protecting her job and massive salary. I reckon she will be hoping he resigns.

She needs to stand up, be assertive and take the blow to her reputation and if it means she loses her job then so be it. The club is more important, which should go without saying.

If she sacks him it means she's not happy with his results. If she puts her reputation above the performance of the club then she isn't doing her job. Her reputation is inextricably linked to on-field performance.

Onion
22-09-2019, 06:14 PM
The appointment of Heckingbottom has been a huge mistake. The quality of most of the signings the club has made under his watch are simply just not good enough. Essentially, the transfer budget has been largely wasted.

It's pretty safe to assume that Hibs will occupy bottom spot in the league table after the next two fixtures - Celtic (H) Aberdeen (A) - and it's hard to see where our next win is going to come from. The club simply cannot countenance another relegation.

No manager/coach can survive that surely?

Agreed, we have a better chance of survival if we have no manager / coach :cb

Viva_Palmeiras
22-09-2019, 06:14 PM
Them all what do they actually bring to the table?

All below are Hibees (although more is obv needed to perform the role - but they are not without affinity and connection with the club)

forget her name but there’s one lady (Don’t thing it’s Vitesse
- she left) that brings employment law expertise probably came in handy with Lennon’s I dunno what moment.

Then there’s Brian Houston (formerly of PA Consulting) who I believe (just a hunch no proof) had a big sway in convincing RP of a new blue print for the club which has subsequently resulted in the revamped recruitment, hiring of LD, Stubbs and securing of Scottish Cup.

Last but not least Bruce Langham - Ex-chairman (iirc) of Aston Villa and on the board or Fulham when Al Fayed was owner. Also key player in installation of Cable tv throughout Edinburgh (TeleWest) now doing some home fitness stuff last I heard.

I think they all bring/brought something to the table. Although Baldy you’ll have been in some of the earlier meetings I was in so will likely have a different perspective.

One thing that could be maybe levelled at then is they oversaw relegation and ignored the warning signs which you and others eloquently and passionately put forward.

My views pre-date LD so things will hopefully have moved on since then.

Hibs90
22-09-2019, 06:16 PM
If she sacks him it means she's not happy with his results. If she puts her reputation above the performance of the club then she isn't doing her job. Her reputation is inextricably linked to on-field performance.

I agree. I'm not saying that is the case as I obviously don't know. Just speculating since we know sweet **** all because there is zero communication.

hibbydad
22-09-2019, 06:18 PM
I actually asked one tonight what was going on, he shrugged his shoulders. Sums up the whole sorry mess
I will back you on that Baldy as I was with you when it happened

Weegreenman
22-09-2019, 06:19 PM

I fear for her a bit at the moment tbh. A new man has come in as owner, been promised all sorts about how good a state the football club is in and for all the time he's had us he must think we are an utter shambles. There are many reasons for that but at the moment LD will be the one who is having to answer the most questions. If the football players aren't good enough, that will be down to the manager. What if the manager isn't good enough though, who appointed him?

LD is highest up the chain and the buck stops with her. If Ron is serious about having any sort of footballing success he will be asking right now what has been going on - because he's got a lot of skin in this game and I'd be amazed if he amassed the wealth he did tolerating too much underperformance along the way.

Of course, she could acknowledge the biggest mistake she's made, give PH the bullet tonight and go a long way to starting to regain the respect and support of pretty much everyone.

Sadly I think our squad is so poor that it's going to take a lot more than just a change of manager to turn things around. His appointment has been an absolute catastrophe and it will take years and millions of pounds to fix.

Good post btw. Couldn’t agree more. I think it’ll take a lot more than a change in management to sort this mess out. It’ll most definitely take time and it’ll take a great deal of money. Sad times!

A Hi-Bee
22-09-2019, 06:23 PM
What must he be thinking he bought a club that was on paper at least on the up, doing reasonable with lots of promise and now as he tucks into his haggis supper he must be wondering "Have I been had"

hhibs
22-09-2019, 06:25 PM
I think we need to separate the issues and dangerous.

LD was exactly what we needed and almost an unbelievable capture - what we’d been calling out for.
surely Beyond our wildest dreams that we captured
the Holy Grail within ~2 years of her appointment.

So let’s not throw the babe out with the bathwater here. Managerial appointments are not a slam-dunk but she exceeded wildest dreams with ditching TB and securing Stubbs.

I dispute she is the problem here.

Unbelievable capture,what you drinking ? she left for a bigger club and MUCH more money,get real.

yonder1875
So much blind loyalty to Leanne here, what am I missing? She’s finished at Hibs imo.

familyman
how was that good, half of them, stay on the bench, the rest would be better on it as well it seems from current performances.

hhibs
22-09-2019, 06:26 PM
So much blind loyalty to Leanne here, what am I missing? She’s finished at Hibs imo.

:top marks

Scotty Leither
22-09-2019, 06:27 PM
how was that good, half of them, stay on the bench, the rest would be better on it as well it seems from current performances.

That interview wasn't her finest moment at Easter Road, that's for sure.

PR spin and puff at its worst.

Weegreenman
22-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Doesnt sound like she has your full backing at all and if I were
her and you’d offered your public backing I’d have passed.

😵👍🤪🤪🤪

Jim44
22-09-2019, 06:28 PM
Good post btw. Couldn’t agree more. I think it’ll take a lot more than a change in management to sort this mess out. It’ll most definitely take time and it’ll take a great deal of money. Sad times!

:agree: Even if PH goes this week, we will probably hover around the bottom of the table for the foreseeable future, no-matter who succeeds him. Time to batten down the hatches and prepare for a long difficult winter.

Jones28
22-09-2019, 06:30 PM

Justify that statement.

How can someone who has got two out of three appointments correct, overseen the revival of a club that was on its knees after relegation finishing with fewer accumulated points than hearts that season, promotion and the ****ing Scottish cup be followed blindly?

Stanton Spence
22-09-2019, 06:34 PM
Justify that statement.

How can someone who has got two out of three appointments correct, overseen the revival of a club that was on its knees after relegation finishing with fewer accumulated points than hearts that season, promotion and the ****ing Scottish cup be followed blindly?Cos she's made a mess of her latest appointment yet seems to be saying all is fine and on top of the sponsorship farce along with loads of other own goals lately it seems like she's going backwards to a lot of fans right now
She might have overseen all of the above that you quoted but that doesn't give her free reign do whatever she wants with our club

hhibs
22-09-2019, 06:35 PM
Justify that statement.

How can someone who has got two out of three appointments correct, overseen the revival of a club that was on its knees after relegation finishing with fewer accumulated points than hearts that season, promotion and the ****ing Scottish cup be followed blindly?

Because,SHE HAS FAILED FOR AT LEAST 18 MONTHS

JohnM1875
22-09-2019, 06:36 PM
Justify that statement.

She's been outstanding for us, we've been good for her.

But she has to take responsibility here and admit it was the wrong appointment by relieving him of his duties.

If she doesn't then she is 100% undoing the good work and reputation she's built up.

Jones28
22-09-2019, 06:40 PM
Because,SHE HAS FAILED FOR AT LEAST 18 MONTHS

She’s been failing since March 2018? How? Lennon was in post, we had a fantastic run in playing some outstanding football with a record number of season tickets sold. What more you asking for at that point?

Onion
22-09-2019, 06:43 PM
:agree: Even if PH goes this week, we will probably hover around the bottom of the table for the foreseeable future, no-matter who succeeds him. Time to batten down the hatches and prepare for a long difficult winter.

Agreed, but preferable to having PH in charge coming out with the usual, passionless drivel. We all know the squad is poor and our signings have been a washout, but the fans will rally round if we feel we're going in the right direction. At the mo, we're rudderless heading for the rocks.

DetroitHibs
22-09-2019, 06:44 PM
Stubbs was a success in winning the cup, but a failure in trying to get us promotion, finishing behind Falkirk. He would have been sacked if not for the final.

Jones28
Cos she's made a mess of her latest appointment yet seems to be saying all is fine and on top of the sponsorship farce along with loads of other own goals lately it seems like she's going backwards to a lot of fans right now
She might have overseen all of the above that you quoted but that doesn't give her free reign do whatever she wants with our club

She’s not doing whatever she wants is she? She’s over seen the takeover by Ron Gordon that was sanctioned by STF. The sponsorship is a screw up but it has led to support for a great cause.

Heckingbottom has obviously been a mistake but it’s how she responds to it that is the true telling of someone’s worth. Right now, not great, but I’m not going to chastise someone for a manager being out of their depth in the way that Heckingbottom is proving to be. You just can’t legislate for that.

Dolce7
No one is hating ,but she has become a liability and should go. IMO in a non hating way.

Agree hating was to strong a word word you know what it’s like
when you are down after a derby defeat

Jones28
22-09-2019, 06:45 PM
She's been outstanding for us, we've been good for her.

But she has to take responsibility here and admit it was the wrong appointment by relieving him of his duties.

If she doesn't then she is 100% undoing the good work and reputation she's built up.

Totally agreed.

The_Horde
22-09-2019, 06:45 PM
I know good Hibs fans who would've jumped at the chance to work for Hibs before, but they've been warned off by others who've either left the club due to the way Dempster treated them or know people who have.

Could explain the rather high turnover of backroom staff in recent years.

When your staff are unhappy it's a slippery slope from there IMO.

A Hi-Bee
22-09-2019, 06:49 PM
Stubbs was a success in winning the cup, but a failure in trying to get us promotion, finishing behind Falkirk. He would have been sacked if not for the final.

Pish he got us to 2 cup finals and was up against a system that kills the team trying to go up, we just ran out of steam with a pretty threadbare squad. The Falkirk game was a couple of games to many, even then we were ****ing robbed.

WhileTheChief..
22-09-2019, 06:51 PM
Hey, we do more nice stuff in the community or something don’t we?

That’s what it’s surely all about.

Sammy7nil
22-09-2019, 06:52 PM
I know good Hibs fans who would've jumped at the chance to work for Hibs before, but they've been warned off by others who've either left the club due to the way Dempster treated them or know people who have.

If you can get me a job there that would be great. :aok:

Chorley Hibee
22-09-2019, 06:53 PM

Correct, as I said, it was a ten minute period in the cup final, where the stars finally aligned, that resulted in a successful period for the club. All of this cr*p that it was all Dempster's doing is nonsense.

lucky
22-09-2019, 06:58 PM
She’s been good for us but it’s time for a new approach. She’s the highest paid person at Hibs and is not justifying it. As others have said the last 18 months we’ve gone backwards. Time to say thanks but bye

LeithMike
22-09-2019, 07:00 PM
Justify that statement.

How can someone who has got two out of three appointments correct, overseen the revival of a club that was on its knees after relegation finishing with fewer accumulated points than hearts that season, promotion and the ****ing Scottish cup be followed blindly?Because it's all unravelled so quickly? If she really knew what she was doing, that wouldn't happen.

Hibs were at rock bottom when she took over and we didn't exactly roar back - 3 seasons in the Championship.

I think we got lucky with our signings - mainly McGinn and McGeouch.

Things have gone badly wrong and there's more to it han just blaming the manager.

Disappointingly, as our upwards spiral should have lasted a lot longer, but it's time for another clear out.

GreenCastle
22-09-2019, 07:03 PM

The community foundation is failing too. It’s a mess that also needs sorted.

DetroitHibs
22-09-2019, 07:05 PM
Pish he got us to 2 cup finals and was up against a system that kills the team trying to go up, we just ran out of steam with a pretty threadbare squad. The Falkirk game was a couple of games to many, even then we were ****ing robbed.

We struggled badly in the championship and were powderpuff.

Bright_Hibee
22-09-2019, 07:06 PM

I live abroad now, but see lots of job adverts going up all the time, mainly in the sort of sponsors, media and ticketing teams. Must be close to 20 in two years. Very bad signs for her management. Questions need to be asked, chiefly does she need to leave? I would say yes. Everything has gone stale.

This just from my point of view though.

emerald green
22-09-2019, 07:08 PM

Yep, that's the way to win trophies. :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
22-09-2019, 07:09 PM

You’re brave saying that on here!

The 90+2
22-09-2019, 07:11 PM

In what way?

I thought we are going to see a lot more of the foundation and a lot more being highlighted about what it does and trying to achieve?

Or maybe that was a stinking heap of ***** because we failed to get a sponsor? Hmm.

Bright_Hibee
22-09-2019, 07:12 PM

I can only go by their website, but it looks like a hot mess. She's on the board of that too, so doesn't surprise me of it's suffering a decline like the club.

Speedway
22-09-2019, 07:12 PM
The new book ‘Myopic - How I built goodwill over 4 years and then undid it all in 6 months’ by Leann Dempster is available in all good bookstores (well, the clubshop) from Monday.

Pretty Boy
22-09-2019, 07:13 PM
I've not read the whole thread so apologies if I'm covering old ground.

LD has a reasonable amount of 'credit in the bank'. She has got 2 out of 3 managerial appointments right and has overseen something of a renaissance at Hibs. There's no need to list all the good things she has done, likewise I don't believe there is much to be gained by highlighting every perceived negative.

However it has to be accepted that, rightly or wrongly, credit in football has a shorter shelf life than in other fields. The most recent managerial appointment quite evidently hasn't worked out, it happens. What would top up LDs credit is if she accepted that fact now and dealt with the situation. If she continues to front it out and insist we have had a successful transfer window (we haven't) or maintain radio silence then the goodwill will continue to evaporate at the current rate that it is now..

It's up to her what path she wishes to follow and what legacy she wants to leave. Scottish Cup winner, promotion and European qualification sounds a lot better than SC winner, promotion, European qualification and relegation.

22-09-2019, 07:14 PM
We struggled badly in the championship and were powderpuff.

Agree. It took Lennon to come in and give the team some much needed backbone.

Bright_Hibee
22-09-2019, 07:15 PM
In what way?

I thought we are going to see a lot more of the foundation and a lot more being highlighted about what it does and trying to achieve?

Or maybe that was a stinking heap of ***** because we failed to get a sponsor? Hmm.

Definitely failure to get a sponsor. Club definitely can't afford to turn away an offer. I think, from well on the outside looking in, that Laura Montgomery failed to secure a sponsor but Leeann wanted to protect her friend and someone she recruited...

Peevemor
22-09-2019, 07:24 PM
I suspect that Ron's purchase of the club has been on the cards since the turn of the year.

I think that his buying up the shares otherwise set aside for HSL was probably a sticking point, but Ron evidently negotiated them into the sale thus ensuring total control.

I also suspect that during negotiations all new major(ish) projects, appointments and restructuring were put on hold (apart from the change of manager, the timing of which was unforseen).

Therefore Leeann may well have been working with one hand tied behind her back. I do think that this season's player budget will have had the OK from Ron, even though he hadn't officially taken over. It could well be that he had a hand in what went on with the shirt sponsorship thing (might he have vetoed a sponsor who doesn't fit the image he wants for the club?).

From what I can gather, Ron has been in Edinburgh a fair bit since he took over. Given the low profile that he's been keeping as well as his apparent previous success in business, I don't think he's a man for cheap soundbites.

I'd have been extremely worried if he had arrived like Vlad, promising champion's league glory.

When we hear from him again it'll be to present his way forward, with or without LD.

We'll wait and see.

Hi Heid Yin
22-09-2019, 07:34 PM

Whatever your opinion of L.D. you might at least attempt to spell her name correctly. It's Leeann

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 07:37 PM
Ron Gordon apparently wasnt at the game today.

CloudSquall
22-09-2019, 07:39 PM
The new book ‘Myopic - How I built goodwill over 4 years and then undid it all in 6 months’ by Leann Dempster is available in all good bookstores (well, the clubshop) from Monday.

😂😂

Jones28
22-09-2019, 07:45 PM
Because it's all unravelled so quickly? If she really knew what she was doing, that wouldn't happen.

Hibs were at rock bottom when she took over and we didn't exactly roar back - 3 seasons in the Championship.

I think we got lucky with our signings - mainly McGinn and McGeouch.

Things have gone badly wrong and there's more to it han just blaming the manager.

Disappointingly, as our upwards spiral should have lasted a lot longer, but it's time for another clear out.

So we were on an upward spiral but LD only gets limited credit for it?

I like your point about the speed at which things have gone wrong, and it’s a fair shout. But surely the blame has to lie at the door of the manager who a) selected the team b) deployed the tactics c) signed a boatload of players most whom were on the bench and d) treated the league cup games like diddy friendliest and rotates the team so often that I was up next at centre half.

The point is that this can be laid at the door of the management of the team, for piss poor preparation and signing duds.

I don’t see where LD figures there.

hibeejeebies
22-09-2019, 07:45 PM
In my humble opinion, that is all it was Mike, we finally got lucky (over a ten minute period in the cup final to be specific).

She is as culpable as anyone for the shambles we have regressed to once again, and I'd lose no sleep over her following Heckingbottom out of the door.

And all this time I've been thinking it was perseverance 🤔

Hibeesforever
22-09-2019, 07:48 PM

If that was true then worrying times indeed, He should see first hand the potential and calamity that is the club at the moment!

Bad Martini
22-09-2019, 07:49 PM
Regardless of how her name is spelt, other inane drivel on here, bottom line is LD has a job to do. Languishing like this last time got us in real **** for a number of years. Let's not repeat that 'adventure'. Losing to the mutants who are at their worst for years should be all the wake up call we need. Pishy pishness is not good...

ENDOF

Chorley Hibee
22-09-2019, 07:57 PM
And all this time I've been thinking it was perseverance 🤔

Not in my eyes, a broken clock is right twice a day - and it was some good, admittedly overdue, fortune that carried us over the line.

Perseverance, and competent, leadership would have seen us building upon that cup win, but yet again we have regressed to the same state of affairs that we have all seen too often.

LeithMike
22-09-2019, 08:03 PM
The point is that this can be laid at the door of the management of the team, for piss poor preparation and signing duds.

I don’t see where LD figures there.

She appointed the manager? I think her remit was to build some sort of structure that would insulate us from collapsing on a change of manager or loss of key players. Or, certainly, that was how it was presented to us as what Hibs were doing. Given current events, I think it's clear that we have failed on this front.

And if it has gone so badly wrong on her watch, it raises huge questions about her competence. Many may put this down simply to one mistake in the choice of manager but I think there are bigger questions and I think it is fair to question whether Leann simply benefitted from picking Hibs up from their lowest ebb where it was impossible to drop any further.

Our signing policy also indicates that McGinn and McGeoug were probably quite fortunate signings rather than some strategic brilliance.

Greenworld
22-09-2019, 08:06 PM
She appointed the manager? I think her remit was to build some sort of structure that would insulate us from collapsing on a change of manager or loss of key players. Or, certainly, that was how it was presented to us as what Hibs were doing. Given current events, I think it's clear that we have failed on this front.

And if it has gone so badly wrong on her watch, it raises huge questions about her competence. Many may put this down simply to one mistake in the choice of manager but I think there are bigger questions and I think it is fair to question whether Leann simply benefitted from picking Hibs up from their lowest ebb where it was impossible to drop any further.

Our signing policy also indicates that McGinn and McGeoug were probably quite fortunate signings rather than some strategic brilliance.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TapatalkMcginn and mcgeoch were Stubbs and his teams signings ..Stubbs and his team could spot a player unlike this lot ..hearing all of heckingbottom signings have the same agent as him could be utter ***** but makes you wonder

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

truehibernian
22-09-2019, 08:16 PM
Mcginn and mcgeoch were Stubbs and his teams signings ..Stubbs and his team could spot a player unlike this lot ..hearing all of heckingbottom signings have the same agent as him could be utter ***** but makes you wonder

Stubbs and Doolan should be appointed this coming week (for me) - the club is in the doldrums. Needs lifted, needs someone who the fans unite behind, and needs a backroom team to inject pace, urgency, drive and above all positivity.

green day
22-09-2019, 08:18 PM
Mcginn and mcgeoch were Stubbs and his teams signings ..Stubbs and his team could spot a player unlike this lot ..hearing all of heckingbottom signings have the same agent as him could be utter ***** but makes you wonder

The agent stuff is not true

Jones28
22-09-2019, 08:20 PM

She appointed the manager in February, we finished fifth and went on a ten game run without loss when he first came in the door using the squad that we had. PH came in, stabilised the club and got us up the table.

He was allowed to build his team after 3/4 months in the job and it is evidently sub standard. That is his failing, not LD.

Peevemor
22-09-2019, 08:27 PM
She appointed the manager in February, we finished fifth and went on a ten game run without loss when he first came in the door using the squad that we had. PH came in, stabilised the club and got us up the table.

He was allowed to build his team after 3/4 months in the job and it is evidently sub standard. That is his failing, not LD.I agree.

Also when she spoke of the transfer window being a success, that was probably because she got the players PH wanted in reasonably early. Other "failures" that are often thrown up on here (not getting Omeonga or Sparky) were basically outwith our control.

KazHibby
22-09-2019, 08:27 PM
If that was true then worrying times indeed, He should see first hand the potential and calamity that is the club at the moment!

He maybe already understands it!

LeithMike
22-09-2019, 08:28 PM

He was allowed to build his team after 3/4 months in the job and it is evidently sub standard. That is his failing, not LD.But adopting that approach, Hecky could quite equally say he signed the players and it's they who are failing to perform so it's all their fault and not his.

If PH takes responsibility for the players then somebody has to take responsibility for him - LD and GC.

And PH appears to be the coach rather than manager so I highly doubt he has complete control of football matters.

Hibs are in a real malaise, which is shameful, given the potential we had built up following the cup win, promotion and great first season in the premiership.

Leith Green
22-09-2019, 08:29 PM
If dempster acts now on what we can all see is clear failure then i can forgive and move on , she deserves another chance to put it right. If she doesnt sack that clown immediately though then she can **** off as well as far as im concerned. She has a big decision to make , failure to act now and shes toast.

Heisenberg
22-09-2019, 08:34 PM

He was back for two weeks and last game he saw was Killie. Now not back till the end of October.

Crab apple
22-09-2019, 08:37 PM
The agent stuff is not true

Agreed. Simply a case of a manager who can’t spot a player and as a result has *****ed our largest ever transfer budget on low quality players who sit on our bench.

Fergos
22-09-2019, 08:37 PM
Stubbs and Doolan should be appointed this coming week (for me) - the club is in the doldrums. Needs lifted, needs someone who the fans unite behind, and needs a backroom team to inject pace, urgency, drive and above all positivity.

Aye, think the only way Stubbs would work is with Doolan and Taff. If so it would be a good short term option, do well and get the gig etc. Would they leave full time gigs for that however as I’m sure both JD and AH are working?

Whatever, something needs to be done although my fear is PH isn’t going anywhere for now.

GGTTH

Jones28
22-09-2019, 08:38 PM
But adopting that approach, Hecky could quite equally say he signed the players and it's they who are failing to perform so it's all their fault and not his.

If PH takes responsibility for the players then somebody has to take responsibility for him - LD and GC.

And PH appears to be the coach rather than manager so I highly doubt he has complete control of football matters.

Hibs are in a real malaise, which is shameful, given the potential we had built up following the cup win, promotion and great first season in the premiership.

Of course he does, what wouldn’t he have responsibility over?

My argument is that Heckingbottom is the manager/head coach and the failings on the pitch are down to him, they are his signings and his tactics deployed on a weekly basis - what can LD do about that?

Leith Green
22-09-2019, 08:39 PM
Of course he does, what wouldn’t he have responsibility over?

My argument is that Heckingbottom is the manager/head coach and the failings on the pitch are down to him, they are his signings and his tactics deployed on a weekly basis - what can LD do about that?

Sack him?

Cardinal G
22-09-2019, 08:39 PM
Thought I was the only one not going back. I don't work all bloody week to spend any kind of money watching crap, couldn't be bothered "players" and a manager who is so far out of his depth thta he can't see it. No, today was the final straw for me.

Had a season ticket for last 3 seasons but didn't renew in summer, primarily down to cost as living and travelling up alone from Gateshead coupled with other costs meant I had to let it go. Today was my first home game and I thought in build up to game pre match how much I missed it. Witnessing the shambles gutless performance from touch line to players made me realise I had made right choice as its hard to justify out lay when it's that dire.
12 months ago seems a million miles away from today's efforts.
Looking ahead at fixtures I have to say I'm not sure when I will be back up, that saddens me but just can't justify time effort and cost at the moment.
After we lost to them in that cup final we were low and 1st match next season we drew in front of 12000 against them, we showed more desire and effort then than we ever did today.
Not sure of way forward but with 10 to go those players were supposed to be fighting for managers job, I saw nothing to suggest they were and for me it doesn't bode well if you haven't got the players putting there necks on the line for the manager.

Jones28
22-09-2019, 08:42 PM
Sack him?

Yeah of course.

What I meant was on a game by game basis.

WestCoastHibby
22-09-2019, 08:42 PM
I’m glad that at long last Leann Dempster is coming in for criticism.
I was one of the first on here to be critical (constructively) of her and I took some pretty immature abuse about it.
However you are only as good as your last job/ result etc and she is no longer cutting it as far as I can see.
Hardly ever puts her head above the parapet and basically we are being short changes by the the hierarchy at the club just now.
She needs to shape up or ship out
Heckingbottom is the worst appointment in years

Viva_Palmeiras
24-09-2019, 06:05 PM
Unbelievable capture,what you drinking ? she left for a bigger club and MUCH more money,get real.

It’s all about context. Cast your mind back. But thanks anyway.

snedzuk
24-09-2019, 07:54 PM
Regardless of how her name is spelt, other inane drivel on here, bottom line is LD has a job to do. Languishing like this last time got us in real **** for a number of years. Let's not repeat that 'adventure'. Losing to the mutants who are at their worst for years should be all the wake up call we need. Pishy pishness is not good...

ENDOF

Is this our next centre forward?

jacomo
24-09-2019, 10:32 PM
I've not read the whole thread so apologies if I'm covering old ground.

LD has a reasonable amount of 'credit in the bank'. She has got 2 out of 3 managerial appointments right and has overseen something of a renaissance at Hibs. There's no need to list all the good things she has done, likewise I don't believe there is much to be gained by highlighting every perceived negative.

However it has to be accepted that, rightly or wrongly, credit in football has a shorter shelf life than in other fields. The most recent managerial appointment quite evidently hasn't worked out, it happens. What would top up LDs credit is if she accepted that fact now and dealt with the situation. If she continues to front it out and insist we have had a successful transfer window (we haven't) or maintain radio silence then the goodwill will continue to evaporate at the current rate that it is now..

It's up to her what path she wishes to follow and what legacy she wants to leave. Scottish Cup winner, promotion and European qualification sounds a lot better than SC winner, promotion, European qualification and relegation.

Fair points.

I would argue that, as far as the manager goes, she’s got 3 out of 4 decisions right. She emptied Butcher when she was just in the door and he was refusing to go.

silverhibee
25-09-2019, 01:54 PM
Fair points.

I would argue that, as far as the manager goes, she’s got 3 out of 4 decisions right. She emptied Butcher when she was just in the door and he was refusing to go.

Butcher wasn't refusing to go because as far he was concerned Petrie was keeping him

jacomo
25-09-2019, 02:02 PM
Butcher wasn't refusing to go because as far he was concerned Petrie was keeping him

If he’d had any honour, he should have offered his resignation the morning after the play off defeat.

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 02:11 PM
If he’d had any honour, he should have offered his resignation the morning after the play off defeat.

Former hun captain and honour in the same sentence?

ahibby
25-09-2019, 02:29 PM
I’m glad that at long last Leann Dempster is coming in for criticism.
I was one of the first on here to be critical (constructively) of her and I took some pretty immature abuse about it.
However you are only as good as your last job/ result etc and she is no longer cutting it as far as I can see.
Hardly ever puts her head above the parapet and basically we are being short changes by the the hierarchy at the club just now.
She needs to shape up or ship out
Heckingbottom is the worst appointment in years

Yes as far as Hibs fans are concerned, her reputation is pretty much currently in tatters. It's not just the coach under scrutiny, but she has to be too, as do some of our players and not just the players recently brought in.Eddie Turnbull's philosophy on building a good team is to start from the back forward. Stevenson, Hanlon and Porteous (Whitaker too) were all here before Paul Heckingbottom came in. He has brought in right backs and one centre back who doesn't seem to cut it as far as he seems to be concerned because Hanlon and Porteous are first picks. You might think that Jackson being more physical could have stood up better to Ikpeazu (or whatever his name is), but I understand that having balance and Porteous in the team is preferred. Key though is nothing is defensive about our midfield. We let two defensive mids go and didn't replace them with like. Yes they have been replaced by potentially all round better talented players who are still to show their best but you can only afford to ship goals if you are capable of scoring more. That used to be an old Celtic way, not very defensive but didn't matter because they could score for fun, changed days though. Teams nowadays are able to score and sit back against us knowing we can't break them down. Most of us where not sure about our summer signing business being right and we are being proven right at this stage in the season. A long way to go though and I do expect a change for the better (being optimistic but based on players yet to get up to top gear). Until it changes for the better I stand by my opinion that her reputation is in tatters with Hibs fans.

bigwheel
25-09-2019, 02:32 PM
Yes as far as Hibs fans are concerned, her reputation is pretty much currently in tatters. It's not just the coach under scrutiny, but she has to be too, as do some of our players and not just the players recently brought in.Eddie Turnbull's philosophy on building a good team is to start from the back forward. Stevenson, Hanlon and Porteous (Whitaker too) were all here before Paul Heckingbottom came in. He has brought in right backs and one centre back who doesn't seem to cut it as far as he seems to be concerned because Hanlon and Porteous are first picks. You might think that Jackson being more physical could have stood up better to Ikpeazu (or whatever his name is), but I understand that having balance and Porteous in the team is preferred. Key though is nothing is defensive about our midfield. We let two defensive mids go and didn't replace them with like. Yes they have been replaced by potentially all round better talented players who are still to show their best but you can only afford to ship goals if you are capable of scoring more. That used to be an old Celtic way, not very defensive but didn't matter because they could score for fun, changed days though. Teams nowadays are able to score and sit back against us knowing we can't break them down. Most of us where not sure about our summer signing business being right and we are being proven right at this stage in the season. A long way to go though and I do expect a change for the better (being optimistic but based on players yet to get up to top gear). Until it changes for the better I stand by my opinion that her reputation is in tatters with Hibs fans.

With some perhaps , not with me ...

She can be held accountable for the choice of manager, along with George Craig - but those elements you list are about the footballing side of the business - that’s George Craig and PH’s domain ...

The 90+2
25-09-2019, 02:36 PM

She can be held accountable for the choice of manager, along with George Craig - but those elements you list are about the footballing side of the business - that’s George Craig and PH’s domain ...

And failing to secure a main sponsor this season?

bigwheel
25-09-2019, 02:41 PM
And failing to secure a main sponsor this season?

Yeah, That’s on her and the commercial team...

With clearing the farmer debt, and investment from the new owner , I suspect this year was the year we could accommodate that more than most others ....

Not a “reputation in tatters” event though

If we were winning no one would be challenging LD..it comes with the territory of her role ..tbh, I’m surprised the Pies and the chocolate options aren’t getting more of a hammering too - as everything seems to be getting trashed in here.

We are all hugely frustrated..let’s hope we start to see some light on the way forward soon

ahibby
25-09-2019, 02:45 PM

So what does she do then, pick the manager then sit back. Not meaning to be facetious here it's just clear that I don't know what her role entails. You do say though that she has a say in the manager selection and what he get's wrong reflects on her choice. Therefore is her reputation not in tatters too, at the moment?

Peevemor
25-09-2019, 02:46 PM
This lack of main sponsor being down to Leeann Dempster thing has become a .net fact.

I doubt very much that she didn't do everything in her power to secure a decent deal. It didn't happen, but we have no idea why.

hibeerealist
25-09-2019, 02:47 PM

Hear Hear!!

Hibeesmad
25-09-2019, 02:49 PM
This lack of main sponsor being down to Leeann Dempster thing has become a .net fact.

I doubt very much that she didn't do everything in her power to secure a decent deal. It didn't happen, but we have no idea why.

She said we had a few opportunities but wanted to get away from the gambling scene

Peevemor
25-09-2019, 02:51 PM
She said we had a few opportunities but wanted to get away from the gambling scene

And it could well have been Ron that vetoed a gambling sponsor, meaning it's not her fault at all. We simply don't know.

Antifa Hibs
25-09-2019, 02:54 PM

Fully expect Hibs to refuse any prize money from BetFred tonight then :rolleyes:

My_Wife_Camille
25-09-2019, 03:04 PM
And it could well have been Ron that vetoed a gambling sponsor, meaning it's not her fault at all. We simply don't know.
It was her appointment, Laura Montgomery, that failed to attract a sponsor.

bigwheel
25-09-2019, 03:07 PM
So what does she do then, pick the manager then sit back. Not meaning to be facetious here it's just clear that I don't know what her role entails. You do say though that she has a say in the manager selection and what he get's wrong reflects on her choice. Therefore is her reputation not in tatters too, at the moment?

She has got two out of three right - decent ration...there is always a risk with football management appointments ...and we can’t have non football people making football decisions , so her role is to run the club - the football operations have to be empowered to George Craig and Heckie etc ...

Completely out of proportion to suggest her reputation is in tatters ..emotional response - doesn’t stand up to any scrutiny ..

She has some big decisions to make though - hardest chapter in her time here since she started ....

Liberal Hibby
25-09-2019, 03:39 PM

Or indeed that Ron said he wanted to step into the sponsors shoes during the discussions. The timing of the Community Foundation sponsorship was a convenient precursor to the main announcement?

hhibs
25-09-2019, 03:59 PM
It’s all about context. Cast your mind back. But thanks anyway.

It was a clear career progression for her,she was hardly doing us a favour and casting my mind back seem to remember things were not that rosy at Motherwell as she left.

But !thanks so much anyway.

Smartie
25-09-2019, 04:01 PM
She has got two out of three right - decent ration...there is always a risk with football management appointments ...and we can’t have non football people making football decisions , so her role is to run the club - the football operations have to be empowered to George Craig and Heckie etc ...

Completely out of proportion to suggest her reputation is in tatters ..emotional response - doesn’t stand up to any scrutiny ..

She has some big decisions to make though - hardest chapter in her time here since she started ....

The timeous acknowledgment and rectification of mistakes is as important as getting the majority of the decisions correct in the first place.

Nobody is ever going to be right 100% of the time and shouldn't be expected to.

Stonewall
25-09-2019, 04:13 PM

Who do you think you are you to speak for Hibs fans?

hhibs
25-09-2019, 04:21 PM
Who do you think you are you to speak for Hibs fans?

Well it would seem he is speaking for a fair share of Hibs fans if you read the different posts on the site.

mentalhibee
25-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Hibs are a shambles on and off the pitch. I don't think that reflects well on her at all.

We’ve been on a downward spiral for ages, hope she goes along with hecky and the rest. Hopefully replaced by someone with more ambition to see Hibs challenging season after season.

Keith_M
25-09-2019, 04:51 PM

What have the Romans ever done for us?

RoYO!
25-09-2019, 04:52 PM
It was her appointment, Laura Montgomery, that failed to attract a sponsor.

To be fair- she was probably told ‘no betting and alcohol sponsors’.

An ideal I admire.

However no one else is remotely interested in Scottish football. What other field are going to get involved? Maybe construction?