PDA

View Full Version : The squad

AgentDaleCooper
22-09-2019, 03:44 PM
Is not the problem.

HH81
22-09-2019, 03:45 PM
It's full of average players with no bottle.

silverhibee
22-09-2019, 03:49 PM
Is not the problem.

Disagree

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 03:55 PM
Some of them are cowards. I wont hear anything else. Bottling *****bag cowards.

One Day Soon
22-09-2019, 03:57 PM
A decent manager could make an ok team of what's there and a good team with just a couple of additions.

J-C
22-09-2019, 03:57 PM
Poor average players, Horgan, Vela, Naismith all rank.

supermcginn
22-09-2019, 03:58 PM
Is not the problem.

Porteous, allan and kamberi apart, The squad is full of garbage

tonyrougier123
A decent manager could make an ok team of what's there and a good team with just a couple of additions.

👍

loanheadhibby
The squad is exactly the problem. They are bang average. The manager is bang average at best and the CEO is bang average. That's why we are 11th.

turn and burn
22-09-2019, 04:00 PM
He’s not strengthened the squad and managed to **** up the slightly better than average squad we did have. Just a total failure.

The Captain....
22-09-2019, 04:01 PM
I'd disagree..think the players brought in are mostly abysmal or average at best. We have regressed at a rate of knots.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-09-2019, 04:38 PM
No leaders on the pitch, Hanlon is a very poor captain.

AgentDaleCooper
22-09-2019, 04:38 PM

Lewis and Hanlon's form is partly down to crap msnagement,they haven't suddenly become crap.

Horgan is a player, as is Middleton. Mallan is capable of contributing.

We are a decent manager short of a decent team. Not a world beating team, but a top six team at least.

supermcginn
22-09-2019, 04:39 PM
Lewis and Hanlon's form is partly down to crap msnagement,they haven't suddenly become crap.

We are a decent manager short of a decent team. Not a world beating team, but a top six team at least.
I respectfully disagree. Table doesnt lie.

Diclonius
22-09-2019, 04:40 PM
We have a horrifically unbalanced squad and the new manager's first priority should be to find a midfielder on a free transfer who can actually win the ball.

The players individually aren’t that bad. It’s the balance of the squad and the structure of the team. Exactly what the manager is responsible for

AgentDaleCooper

Yup.

B.H.F.C
22-09-2019, 04:41 PM
Squad is very much part of the problem. We have some garbage on the books.

McKenzie
22-09-2019, 04:42 PM
Like it or not, we should be able to shut up shop against that hearts team. Take a draw at least if we have to. Manager should make the changes but players need to take responsibility. Take a yellow in the midfield if it means they can’t attack

Unseen work
22-09-2019, 04:43 PM
Shankland
Cummings
Mulumbu
Mark Ohara
Declan Mcdaid
Chris Cadden
Efe Ambrose

Are players just off the top of my head that we could have got cheap/for free that have quality and knowledge of the Scottish game.

We have probably over paid massively on the players we have brought in compared to those above.

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2019, 04:44 PM
I'm staggered that anyone could say we have a good squad, we are poor all over the park except in about 3 positions.

This clown has assembled a squad fit for relegation, no heart no fight and with the odd exception no real ability.

The 90+2
22-09-2019, 04:45 PM

As are Hanlon and Stevenson. Utter *****.

The 90+2
22-09-2019, 04:46 PM

The majority are garbage. Imagine being a new signing on the bench of this *****.

Del Boy
22-09-2019, 04:50 PM
The squad is dreadful. 3 or 4 decent players, that’s it.

Some players who are fine when things are going well, some players who used to be great players but now aren’t good enough and some players who will simply never be good enough.

New manager will help but we will need several signings to significantly improve IMO

Risboro Hibby
22-09-2019, 04:50 PM
At the moment prepared to agree The squad quality has nose dived considerably since last season.

However a new manager with some tactical awareness about him will have to go with this squad. So in that respect hopefully, they will be able to show they are better players than the majority of the support think.

Box 17
22-09-2019, 04:51 PM
Not trying to defend Hecky, but he could turn round and say that the players he brought in were all that were available during the transfer window who were within our budget.

J-C
22-09-2019, 04:51 PM

Horgan is *****, I've seen headless chickens with better game intelligence. Mallan worked hard today and not seen enough of Middleton.

Vela is pretty poor but Hallberg looked decent, we're crying out for a DM in the middle.

J-C
22-09-2019, 04:53 PM

Garbage that he signed.

Broken Gnome
22-09-2019, 04:54 PM
Honestly think the defence deserve a bit of leeway as it's currently up to them to deal with every single attack. Midfield couldn't give them less protection. Back four today aren't exactly world beaters and will make mistakes, and that's going to happen pretty frequently if every single attack is free reign towards our goal.

Crab apple
22-09-2019, 04:56 PM
I'm staggered that anyone could say we have a good squad, we are poor all over the park except in about 3 positions.

This clown has assembled a squad fit for relegation, no heart no fight and with the odd exception no real ability.

And in doing so he has apparently *****ed the biggest transfer budget we have ever had.

Smartie
22-09-2019, 04:56 PM

I agree, but being a couple of additions away from having an ok team is so far from acceptable it is unbelievable. I also think we're a couple of very good players off having an ok team, not just squad fillers to replace crap.

Those additions aren't going to come for more than 3 months.

The squad is abysmal in certain areas and a change of manager isn't going to change that.

My biggest problem with changing the manager right now is that a new manager will have to go with these players for a few months and inevitably we will all be on his back before we know it, and that's not a good thing.

We're almost as well leaving PH to toil, bullet him in December, play to an empty ground for the first half of the season and pick things up in January when something can actually be done about the state of the squad in the transfer window and at least we can get behind a new man.

Crab apple
22-09-2019, 04:59 PM
Not trying to defend Hecky, but he could turn round and say that the players he brought in were all that were available during the transfer window who were within our budget.

According to our CEO the manager was given our biggest ever transfer budget to spend. If that's true he's no defence. Even if it's not then I fail to understand why he has failed to address our midfield deficiencies.

CloudSquall
22-09-2019, 05:01 PM
I fear he has completely underestimated Scottish football and signed some dross on long term contracts that aren't good enough for the game up here.

We've got some decent players that can improve with the correct management, best case scenario is that we get a new guy in that can steady the ship until January and then bring in improvements to limit the damage until the summer that will see us yet again embark on a rebuilding job.

To do this though LD and Ron will have to accept the club has F'd up in allowing Heckingbottom to spend the funds he has and they will have to accept the hit to the finances that will be required to turn this **** show around.

Hopefully a complete review of the recruitment team along with a review of the relationship between the recruitment team and the future manager is carried out also.

hibeerealist
22-09-2019, 05:05 PM

Aye Kamberi does a great job and is in the “good player keep group”, he is embarrassing and I can’t get over the Hibs supporters who think he is doing great, he has been p I sh

theonlywayisup
22-09-2019, 06:51 PM
In many ways, I agree with the OP. Whilst there are issues with our squad, our number one problem is that we've a totally clueless manager.

That said, I would like to understand who makes the decision to back off when one up at home to the bottom side, your bitter rivals who haven't won a game of league football for ages. It was exactly the same in the St. Johnstone and St. Mirren games. The three poorest teams at home that we go one up against and we then back off and give the opposition the ball. Is that the players' fault? Or is that the manager's?

At 1-0 up, we should have gone for a second and a third. Not give up possession and let the opposition take control.

For me there's far too many baffling decisions by our manager. Today, why not make an earlier substitute when it was clear to all in the ground that Hertz were bound to score from one of their corners. Then why take off Hallberg, move Mallan into central midfield and put on Middleton - to me, the choice should have been replace Mallan with Middleton to stretch the game. Okay, if Halberg is struggling with his fitness, then put on another midfielder.

Whilst Doidge, Newell, Vela, James, Jackson and Hallberg haven't fully impressed, these are players who were wanted at or were playing well at Championship level (apart from Hallberg). They must be decent players, but we're just not seeing it. Surely, a good manager will get them playing.

:pray:

coldingham hibs
22-09-2019, 06:57 PM

If that’s the case then clubs like Motherwell, Livingston & Kilmarnock must have more cash than us?

A Hi-Bee
22-09-2019, 06:59 PM
Too ****in soft by far we need to toughen them up so why no a stint at the Gullane sand dunes for the next couple of months. Or we can do a terry butcher and get them trained by the army or whatever crap he was doing to toughen the boys up.
We need to buy in a couple of useful hard guys who know what the game is all about, let the fitba players do there thing.

DH1875
22-09-2019, 07:05 PM

Unfair on Horgan. He was OK today and a good player in general. Would always be in my starting 11.

Weegreenman
22-09-2019, 07:08 PM
Is not the problem.

Disagree and it’s not just the players Heckingbottom has brought to the club.
Some of our long serving players have been nothing short of embarrassing of late.
Sadly I don’t see a quick fix to this. More pain to come I’m afraid.

DH1875
22-09-2019, 07:08 PM
A decent DM and a 4-2-3-1 formation would see us alright IMO.

emerald green
22-09-2019, 07:13 PM

:agree:

majorhibs
22-09-2019, 07:13 PM
Aye Kamberi does a great job and is in the “good player keep group”, he is embarrassing and I can’t get over the Hibs supporters who think he is doing great, he has been p I sh

When you speak, how many of your mates always say “doh”?

Nicho87
22-09-2019, 07:17 PM
Never played in scotland. Thought it would be a breeze. His unbeaten start has came back to haunt us in him thinking ahhh peice of piss I’ll sign some players that are ok from down south.

Seen on twitter someone said Cummings said to him after the match hecky said no to signing him, if true, wow

J-C
22-09-2019, 08:33 PM
Unfair on Horgan. He was OK today and a good player in general. Would always be in my starting 11.

I see Horgan as a headless chicken, when we have the ball he stands stationery on the wing, or instead of finding space he actually stands near the Hearts player ffs why? Defensively he's very poor and loses his man all the time, his game intelligence is poor also, on some of his dribbles he invariably chooses the wrong option. He had only played LOI football and was a punt by Preston NE, very average and inconsistent and needs punted if we want to move forward.

jacomo
22-09-2019, 08:42 PM

How do you make a decent midfield out of this squad?

The manager is the biggest problem and simply has to go, but any new guy is gonna struggle without a single midfielder who can tackle and protect the back line.

supermcginn
22-09-2019, 08:54 PM

Lol he gets balls punted up to him with no help or anyone near him. There's a few embarrassing players he's not even close to one of them.

Sammy7nil
22-09-2019, 08:58 PM

And in doing so he has apparently *****ed the biggest transfer budget we have ever had.

Agreed

truehibernian
22-09-2019, 08:58 PM
Anyone seeing our team and bench today would think they won a watch - embarrassing squad given the money invested. And bear in mind that was an under-strength Hearts, bottom of the league.

Not one player on our bench would have made a difference during the game.

Turkish Green
22-09-2019, 09:02 PM
Garbage that he signed.

Yes, plus those already on the books that have reached their sell-by date. Unforetunately recruitment has been ***** for some time. LD may be a good administrator but I doubt she can spot a player.

Sir David Gray
22-09-2019, 09:08 PM
A decent manager would possibly have us pushing towards the top 6 but this squad is nowhere near good enough.

Heckingbottom has brought in a lot of garbage in the summer, players who are just not good enough to play at our level.

HibSem
22-09-2019, 09:19 PM
I wonder why the players we've brought in are all represented by Base Soccer Agency? And take a guess which agency represents Paul Heckingbottom?

The whole recruitment this summer stinks to high heaven. 😞

Rob
22-09-2019, 09:20 PM

He could, but our budget is probably 5th biggest in the league, so we should be performing better than we have been. We certainly shouldn't be worrying about the prospect of a relegation battle.

Hi Heid Yin
22-09-2019, 09:20 PM
Clarke took a demoralised, disjointed bunch of mostly "average" players and turned Killie into the 3rd force in Scotland.

So, give us a manager/coach of substance and know-how and see what he can do with our present "mixed quality" bunch.

Rob
22-09-2019, 09:26 PM
Clarke took a demoralised, disjointed bunch of mostly "average" players and turned Killie into the 3rd force in Scotland.

So, give us a manager/coach of substance and know-how and see what he can do with our present "mixed quality" bunch.

Precisely! I'd love to see Michael O'Neill in charge, I think he'd get a far better tune out of the current squad. Can't see us being able to afford to entice him from the NI job though and doubt that the IFA would be happy for him to combine both jobs, given he's on a hefty wage with them.

Hi Heid Yin
22-09-2019, 09:28 PM
Precisely! I'd love to see Michael O'Neill in charge, I think he'd get a far better tune out of the current squad. Can't see us being able to afford to entice him from the NI job though and doubt that the IFA would be happy for him to combine both jobs, given he's on a hefty wage with them.

:agree: I'm with you on that one!

Feed McGraw
22-09-2019, 09:40 PM
No leaders on the pitch, Hanlon is a very poor captain. THIS, big time, especially the first part of your sentence.

MrRobot
22-09-2019, 10:33 PM

horgan is rotten.

cannot cross to save himself despite being a winger.

calumhibee1
22-09-2019, 10:36 PM
I wonder why the players we've brought in are all represented by Base Soccer Agency? And take a guess which agency represents Paul Heckingbottom?

The whole recruitment this summer stinks to high heaven. 😞

Has that not been proven to be absolute nonsense?

Hibby70
22-09-2019, 10:48 PM
Character
Commitment
Fitness
Aggression
Teamwork
Passion

All sadly lacking in this squad. Lack of skill, pace and creativity is not strictly the players fault but no excuse for the rest.

Hibee Mac
22-09-2019, 10:52 PM
I see Horgan as a headless chicken, when we have the ball he stands stationery on the wing, or instead of finding space he actually stands near the Hearts player ffs why? Defensively he's very poor and loses his man all the time, his game intelligence is poor also, on some of his dribbles he invariably chooses the wrong option. He had only played LOI football and was a punt by Preston NE, very average and inconsistent and needs punted if we want to move forward.

Completely agree, he has no vision or footballing brain whatever. We can and should be recruiting better.

HibSem
23-09-2019, 06:15 AM
Has that not been proven to be absolute nonsense?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/base-soccer-agency-ltd/beraterfirma/berater/674

Have a look for yourself

Doh Rae Me
23-09-2019, 07:28 AM
Back handers and brown envelopes all round then.

J-C
23-09-2019, 07:46 AM

Have a look for yourself

Apart from Heckingbottom there's only 2 players on that list Middleton and James.

WhileTheChief..
23-09-2019, 07:54 AM
And Doidge.

HibSem
23-09-2019, 07:55 AM
Apart from Heckingbottom there's only 2 players on that list Middleton and James.

Our £350k signing christian doidge as well.

calumhibee1
23-09-2019, 07:56 AM

Have a look for yourself

I can only see Doidge, Middleton and James? That would still leave Maxwell, Jackson, Naismith, Hallberg, Vela, Newell and possibly some more that I’ve missed off the top of my head being from a different agency?

Apologies if by all you were just exaggerating and actually meaning a good few,. It had definitely been suggested on here before though that literally every signing we made this summer was from the same agency which is why I presumed that’s what you meant.

As an aside, Hearts had a good few more than us on that list.

Peevemor
23-09-2019, 07:57 AM

£350k and rising!

Any more for any more....?

J-C
23-09-2019, 08:03 AM

I did miss him on the list.

Vela - Omni Sports
Jackson - Key Sports Management
Newell looks like he manages himself
Hallberg - Global Sports Management
Maxwell - Crown Football
Naismith like Newell

HibSem
23-09-2019, 08:27 AM
£350k and rising!

Any more for any more....?

Sorry £252k

Diclonius
23-09-2019, 08:33 AM

Then we should come out and admit we're not trying to compete for 3rd because our budget is *****.

Onceinawhile
23-09-2019, 09:01 AM
If the squad is average, then the squad is the issue, because we're 11th!! Average would be 5th-8th.

The squad is average, but a poor manager is making them less than the sum of their parts. Get someone in who can get them playing as a team and we'll climb away from where we are.

AgentDaleCooper
09-11-2019, 04:17 PM
I stand by this thread... ;)

emerald green
09-11-2019, 04:22 PM
The squad definitely needs strengthened in the January window, especially in midfield, where Hibs need hard cases who can tackle, win the ball, then give it to the others who can create and score goals.

As a team / squad they also need to ditch their tendency to concede late cheap goals.