PDA

View Full Version : Marciano dropped?

H18 SFR
22-09-2019, 12:55 PM
Surely no, the word on the street is he is.

MikeyS
22-09-2019, 12:56 PM

Aye teams up on twitter. No rocky and looks like either Allan or Mallan on the right of a 5.

Or Allan in behind Kamberi I suppose.

TheCabbage

On the bench. He’s wanting his P45 now

Since452
Not before time. Been saying he needs dropped for ages

Marvellous
22-09-2019, 12:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFEesw1XkAEN8OU.jpg:large

Marvellous
22-09-2019, 12:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFEdDrcWwAIAAlR.jpg

Iain G
22-09-2019, 12:58 PM

The weekly where is Fraser Murray question?

Iain G
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFEdDrcWwAIAAlR.jpg

Has Berra been booked already? 😁

MWHIBBIES
Genius way to distract from picking Mallan again.

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 12:59 PM
Midfield *****. Again

J-C

So no protection for the full backs then with Mallan and Horgan wide.

Pretty Boy
Drops Marciano but Teflon Mallan remains.

Bizarre.

makaveli1875
22-09-2019, 01:01 PM
I don't know why folk are surprised at Mallan playing. 1st name on the team sheet

Beefster
22-09-2019, 01:02 PM
Who knows what’s going to happen but that midfield looks like it could be bullied by a group of Justin Bieber fans, never mind the hammer-throwers.

Stuart93
22-09-2019, 01:04 PM
I don't know why folk are surprised at Mallan playing. 1st name on the team sheet

For whatever reason only PH knows

Diclonius
22-09-2019, 01:04 PM
Midfield's going to take a kicking.

B.H.F.C
22-09-2019, 01:05 PM
I think Marciano could have been dropped. But no the day.

Iain G
22-09-2019, 01:05 PM
For whatever reason only PH knows

Carrying an injury or wanting better distribution from the back?

Since452
22-09-2019, 01:06 PM
At leat with Rocky dropped we wont be passing the ball to Hearts at evey goal kick

scooby
22-09-2019, 01:08 PM
We're f***** before a balls even kicked with that lineup.

Pretty Boy
22-09-2019, 01:08 PM
It's an awful position to stick Maxwell in.

Whatever form Marciano has been in he's a fan favourite. One mistake, costly or otherwise, from Maxwell and there will be moaning and groaning. Make an error that proves pivotal and it's curtains for him and the manager.

Northernhibee
22-09-2019, 01:09 PM
We're f***** before a balls even kicked with that lineup.

That’s the spirit. What would you have gone for?

WhileTheChief..
22-09-2019, 01:13 PM
Folk moaning about Mallan but not a peep about Vela??

He’s been invisible since he arrived. Will be surprised if he offers anything today.

Booked4Being-Ugly
22-09-2019, 01:14 PM
Poor decision by Hecky. Maxwell does not fill me with confidence. Neither does Rocky just now but he’s still the far better keeper.

Iain G
22-09-2019, 01:14 PM

He’s been invisible since he arrived. Will be surprised if he offers anything today’s.

We may as well concede the game now then!

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 01:15 PM

He’s been invisible since he arrived. Will be surprised if he offers anything today’s.

Because vela is just in the door and is being given the benefit of the doubt. Mallan has been mostly a passenger and goes missing most weeks for about a year.

WhileTheChief..
22-09-2019, 01:16 PM
We may as well concede the game now then!

Eh?? Hows that??

makaveli1875
22-09-2019, 01:17 PM
I'm beginning to think Hecky wants to get fired, absolutely crazy dropping rocky. Maxwell better turn in a Conrad Logan performance

Iain G
22-09-2019, 01:18 PM
Eh?? Hows that??

Playing with ten men from the start 😁

A Hi-Bee
22-09-2019, 01:20 PM

Whatever form Marciano has been in he's a fan favourite. One mistake, costly or otherwise, from Maxwell and there will be moaning and groaning. Make an error that proves pivotal and it's curtains for him and the manager.

could be the end for another Hibs keeper, but who knows mabe he will win us the game.

Scouse Hibee
He could pick any eleven and it would still contain players that have been ****** all season. At least Maxwell is vocal and tries to organise his defence.

cabbageandribs1875
get Rocky back in, you still have time PH

Callum_62
22-09-2019, 01:21 PM
I'm. Actually not surprised.

Offy has shipped some horrordous goals this season, can't keep doing that and not expect to get replaced

Certainly a huge call in a Derby though

I wonder if maxwell is better with high balls- as I suspect there will be alot if them today

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

wookie70
22-09-2019, 01:22 PM
Fair enough dropping Rocky imo.

Hibrandenburg
22-09-2019, 01:23 PM
I'm beginning to think Hecky wants to get fired, absolutely crazy dropping rocky. Maxwell better turn in a Conrad Logan performance

Hopefully he doesn't have to.

sleeping giant
22-09-2019, 01:27 PM
Cannot believe he has switched keepers for a derby.
Mental.

Northernhibee
22-09-2019, 01:30 PM
Cannot believe he has switched keepers for a derby.
Mental.

Dropping a keeper in poor form for one with something to prove?

Logical.

Unseen work
22-09-2019, 01:31 PM
No complaints from me, he has been brutal this season and cost us a lot of goals

Crab apple
22-09-2019, 01:41 PM
Big decision changing keeper for the derby.

scooby
22-09-2019, 01:43 PM
That’s the spirit. What would you have gone for?

Not Mallan and Vela in midfield

hibee
22-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Can’t disagree with this change, he’s let in some really bad goals this season.

hibsbollah
22-09-2019, 01:51 PM
It's not just the occasional error, which all keepers will make from time to time. It's the consistent poor distribution that is stopping our attacks before they even get started.

Good call by the coaching staff.

Danderhall Hibs
22-09-2019, 01:53 PM

:agree: strange one - Marcianos been a bit humpty recently but all this can do is put more pressure on the manager.

Mantis Toboggan
22-09-2019, 01:55 PM

He’s been invisible since he arrived. Will be surprised if he offers anything today.

No other realistic options, but it's a fair point

Mantis Toboggan
22-09-2019, 01:56 PM
It's not just the occasional error, which all keepers will make from time to time. It's the consistent poor distribution that is stopping our attacks before they even get started.

Good call by the coaching staff.

Indeed, last thing we need to do today is put ourselves under unnecessary pressure with gash kick outs

where'stheslope
22-09-2019, 04:26 PM
I thought Maxwell had a great game, coming and taking some good crosses, even his distribution was good!!!

Vault Boy
22-09-2019, 04:27 PM
I thought Maxwell had a great game, coming and taking some good crosses, even his distribution was good!!!

Agree with this. Ofir wasn't saving either of the goals either.

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 04:28 PM

His distribution was horrendous. Constantly shelling it to kamberi. He shouldnt be getting beat in the middle of the goal for the 2nd.

hibsbollah

Yes he was our standout today, Porteous was mostly excellent too but has to take some blame for that defensive nightmare late on. Hanlon is just a mess of a player just now.

Scottie
The guy looks a midget in goals unfortunately. Like you I thought he played well as he could today, the problem is the absolute dross in front of him.

churchie16
22-09-2019, 04:29 PM
Agree with this. Ofir wasn't saving either of the goals either.

Absolute rubbish

hibsbollah
22-09-2019, 04:29 PM
His distribution was horrendous. Constantly shelling it to kamberi. He shouldnt be getting beat in the middle of the goal for the 2nd.

You're talking rubbish on both points.

A Hi-Bee
22-09-2019, 04:30 PM

Agree Rocky can be to slow and laid back at times and his kick outs are terrible in a game that is all about possession.

Golden Bear
22-09-2019, 04:30 PM

Absolutely correct.

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 04:31 PM

Yeah ok. I imagined him launching it to kamberi 100 times

bigwheel
22-09-2019, 04:31 PM
Yes he was our standout today, Porteous was mostly excellent too but has to take some blame for that defensive nightmare late on. Hanlon is just a mess of a player just now.

You can’t be serious about Hanlon ? Was my MOM today. Did well , got stronger as the game progressed .... Some major block tackles too.

lord bunberry
22-09-2019, 04:32 PM
No it wasn’t, he constantly kicked it long and we almost always lost possession. His distribution was the main reason the first half was so scrappy. He did well coming for crosses, but then ruined it by being too slow in throwing it and eventually kicking it long.

Vault Boy
22-09-2019, 04:32 PM
Absolute rubbish

Really well made argument, hats off to you.

hibsbollah
22-09-2019, 04:33 PM
Yeah ok. I imagined him launching it to kamberi 100 times

I don't know what you saw and what you imagined. Our goalie was clearly the standout performer today.

lord bunberry
He isn’t. He’s spot on with both points.

cabbageandribs1875
maxwell to heartz defender was mentioned 24 times in the commentary........great distribution ? :confused: come on now

Mr Grieves
22-09-2019, 04:34 PM
He did what he had to but he wasn't exactly tested. Did he make a save?

supermcginn
You can’t be serious about Hanlon ? Was my MOM today. Did well , got stronger as the game progressed .... Some major block tackles too.

He was ragdolled by that big dumpling uche.

lord bunberry
I don't know what you saw and what you imagined. Our goalie was clearly the standout performer today.
Standout performer! He didn’t make one decent save in the game.

hibsbollah
22-09-2019, 04:37 PM
maxwell to heartz defender was mentioned 24 times in the commentary........great distribution ? :confused:

When you sidevolley it 60 yards diagonally, it isn't your fault if the winger can't win the challenge. If he's hitting a 3m square area he's doing his job, which he did, consistently. It baffles me folk think that a keeper randomly distributes the ball where he wants to:confused: He is following the managers instructions and he did it excellently.

Crab apple

I’m not a Hanlon fan but I don’t think he did much wrong today. He’s not captain material though and the worrying thing is I can’t see any obvious replacements for that role with SDG and Daz injured.

lord bunberry
maxwell to heartz defender was mentioned 24 times in the commentary........great distribution ? :confused: come on now
Exactly his distribution was poor.

Mantis Toboggan
22-09-2019, 04:38 PM
When you sidevolley it 60 yards diagonally, it isn't your fault if the winger can't win the challenge. If he's hitting a 3m square area he's doing his job, which he did, consistently. It baffles me folk think that a keeper randomly distributes the ball where he wants to:confused: He is following the managers instructions and he did it excellently.

Thought he put it to some good areas but ultimately if theres no one to win it, it doesnt look good. But that's not why we got beat

we are hibs
22-09-2019, 04:39 PM

Thank christ someone else seen it.

Ball comes to maxwell
Takes an age
Lumps it to kamberi
Berra heads it while holding kamberi

Repeat x 1000000

A Hi-Bee
I’m not a Hanlon fan but I don’t think he did much wrong today. He’s not captain material though and the worrying thing is I can’t see any obvious replacements for that role with SDG and Daz injured.

Porto could step up no problem.

bigwheel

Porto probably.

hibsbollah
22-09-2019, 04:40 PM
Thought he put it to some good areas but ultimately if theres no one to win it, it doesnt look good. But that's not why we got beat

Usually it was Horgan or Kamberi against Michael Smith or the guy on the other side. If that's a mismatch it's the managers fault. Lots of keepers can't even hit that area, in fact Rocky hardly ever does.

Mantis Toboggan
22-09-2019, 04:44 PM
Usually it was Horgan or Kamberi against Michael Smith or the guy on the other side. If that's a mismatch it's the managers fault. Lots of keepers can't even hit that area, in fact Rocky hardly ever does.

The range on his kicks is good. Just badly utilised today. Our problems are in midfield though,surely that's obvious to everyone

lord bunberry
22-09-2019, 04:48 PM
The range on his kicks is good. Just badly utilised today. Our problems are in midfield though,surely that's obvious to everyone
It is, but the keeper continued to give possession away by punting it long to a hearts defence that just lapped it up. We need to play to our strengths and long balls are never going to work for us.

danhibees1875
22-09-2019, 04:49 PM
Thought Maxwell collected well a few times but his distribution was awful. It seemed like distribution was the reason for the switch to punt it at Kamberi but it wasn't working at all. No idea if Marciano would have saved either shot, I'd have backed him to get closer though.

Sammy7nil
22-09-2019, 04:49 PM

Thank christ someone else seen it.

Ball comes to maxwell
Takes an age
Lumps it to kamberi
Berra heads it while holding kamberi

Repeat x 1000000

Maxwell was absolutely fine today without being tested he was far more confident and better with the ball than Rocky.

hibsbollah
22-09-2019, 04:51 PM

Agree. Vela is a mystery. I'm not sure what his point is.

lord bunberry
22-09-2019, 04:52 PM
Thought Maxwell collected well a few times but his distribution was awful. It seemed like distribution was the reason for the switch to punt it at Kamberi but it wasn't working at all. No idea if Marciano would have saved either shot, I'd have backed him to get closer though.
Obviously there’s no way of knowing, but I think rocky would’ve got the first one. The second was a deflection so I doubt any keeper was getting that. I quite liked the way Maxwell commanded his box, I was just a bit surprised to see people praising his distribution.

Stanton Spence
22-09-2019, 04:55 PM
Obviously there’s no way of knowing, but I think rocky would’ve got the first one. The second was a deflection so I doubt any keeper was getting that. I quite liked the way Maxwell commanded his box, I was just a bit surprised to see people praising his distribution.I think your spot on mate and if you could morph maxwell and rocky you'd have one hell off a keeper. I can't help but feel rocky would have got the first goal but maybe I'm just looking for someone to blame

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
22-09-2019, 05:00 PM
I think your spot on mate and if you could morph maxwell and rocky you'd have one hell off a keeper. I can't help but feel rocky would have got the first goal but maybe I'm just looking for someone to blame

I think rocky has very fast reactions that make him a brilliant shot stopper. I found it unbelievable that he was dropped today when you consider that we’ve conceded the most shots on goal in the league by a considerable distance. Rocky has been the busiest keeper by a long way in Scotland so far, it stands to reason that any player under that sort of pressure is eventually going to make a mistake. For the manager to punish him for that is wrong imo.

Brightside
22-09-2019, 05:08 PM
He was ragdolled by that big dumpling uche.

No he wasn’t

supermcginn
22-09-2019, 05:09 PM
No he wasn’t

Sticking up for your mate yet again, shockeroony!

Stanton Spence
22-09-2019, 05:12 PM
I think rocky has very fast reactions that make him a brilliant shot stopper. I found it unbelievable that he was dropped today when you consider that we’ve conceded the most shots on goal in the league by a considerable distance. Rocky has been the busiest keeper by a long way in Scotland so far, it stands to reason that any player under that sort of pressure is eventually going to make a mistake. For the manager to punish him for that is wrong imo.Can't agree with you anymore mate and I'm not one of rockys biggest fans, I've been constantly debating with my mate who sits next to me who is firmly in the rocky camp that bogdan was better but that's for another debate and there's no way rocky should have been dropped for the derby. It's not like he was having proper mares

Allant1981
22-09-2019, 05:21 PM

Not a chance he was getting the second, deflection caused the goal

CMac1988
22-09-2019, 05:26 PM
His distribution in the form of lockouts was no worse than Marciano tbh. Nothing he could've done with regards to the 2nd and if I'm being fair he had a decent game.

With that said Rocky is still the better shot stopper and whilst he could've done better with a couple of goals in recent weeks he was nowhere near the cause of them. Don't think he done much wrong to be dropped and don't think Maxwell done much wrong either. Our problems lie elsewhere.

As for Marciano vs. Bogdan I said it time and time again that Marciano is the better shot stopper but Bogdan was the better all round keeper. All 3 keepers are/were better than we've had in the years. Happy either way.

greenlex
22-09-2019, 05:29 PM

Rubbish. There was nothing wrong with his distribution. His clearances were the ones that the hearts players got on the end of easily.

Speedy
22-09-2019, 06:41 PM

Not sure he did anything wrong.

Looked to me like the tactic was long to Kamberi and win the 2nd ball, which more often than not we did.

Wouldn't say I loved watching it but it's not down to Maxwell to change that.

18Craig75
22-09-2019, 07:29 PM
His kicking was awful. Straight down Berra’s throat every time

joe t
22-09-2019, 08:22 PM
If we had Marciano in goals today we wouldn’t have lost. He would have saved hickeys effort. Managers decision which myself and all four of the guys in the pub with me said was a bad one at ten to 2 when teams came out.

The pressure comes on and the decision making process goes wrong. Difference between a bad and a good manager.

Pretty Boy
22-09-2019, 08:31 PM
I thought he done well. Didn't have much chance with either goal. OK, another keeper 'might' have saved the 2nd but that's easy to say hypothetically.

He took a few crosses well under pressure and his kicking was obviously to instruction. He looked comfortable with the ball at his feet but seemed forced to aim it 60-70 yards towards our inside left/so called striker Kamberi.

hfc-1875
22-09-2019, 08:35 PM
Wasn’t as bothered as most when I seen Marciano wasn’t playing but there was **** all he would have been able to do for the goals and for the boy saying he would have saved hickeys effort is a whopper

GaryOsCheerios
22-09-2019, 08:36 PM
Maxwell poor at first goal i thought, should have come out and emptied the ball and everyone in his way. The ball eventually went straight in the middle of the goal which im sure he wont be too pleased with.

Other than that he was solid enough on crosses and was trying to play it out from the back, didnt get much help though.

wookie70
22-09-2019, 11:37 PM
Thought Maxwell collected well a few times but his distribution was awful. It seemed like distribution was the reason for the switch to punt it at Kamberi but it wasn't working at all. No idea if Marciano would have saved either shot, I'd have backed him to get closer though. A punt to Kamberi led to our goal. The tactic was surely to win second balls in good areas. Maxwell did a pretty good job of getting it in an area aflo could challenge imo. Don't think he had a chance with either goal, the first of which is a foul on Porteous

where'stheslope
23-09-2019, 03:30 PM
A punt to Kamberi led to our goal. The tactic was surely to win second balls in good areas. Maxwell did a pretty good job of getting it in an area aflo could challenge imo. Don't think he had a chance with either goal, the first of which is a foul on Porteous
Fouled by who? He had Uche's shirt about off his back????
Thought that 5 defenders should have been enough to snuff out any problem, but they stood back???
We need to start playing to win at 1-0 not allow teams to come at us!!!

Albanian Hibs
23-09-2019, 03:52 PM
No he wasn’t

Yes he was.

hibbysam
23-09-2019, 04:44 PM
Maxwell took crosses that I’d expect anyone to take, inside 6 yard box under no pressure. Issue was he then point blank refused to do anything quick, took 20 seconds, put the ball down and shelled it to Berra. Every single time. Flo vs 3 big defenders isn’t going to work. The first goal he was wrong footed but he guessed and guessed wrong. The second, although not a mistake, I have no doubt Rocky saves that every time, it’s the saves you see him make (and get slated by some for making them ‘look good for the camera’) time and time again.

Folk are also slating Hanlon, who I thought was alright, and saying Porteous was our best player who got bullied by Uche for the equaliser.

LaMotta
23-09-2019, 04:52 PM
Maxwell took crosses that I’d expect anyone to take, inside 6 yard box under no pressure. Issue was he then point blank refused to do anything quick, took 20 seconds, put the ball down and shelled it to Berra. Every single time. Flo vs 3 big defenders isn’t going to work. The first goal he was wrong footed but he guessed and guessed wrong. The second, although not a mistake, I have no doubt Rocky saves that every time, it’s the saves you see him make (and get slated by some for making them ‘look good for the camera’) time and time again.

Folk are also slating Hanlon, who I thought was alright, and saying Porteous was our best player who got bullied by Uche for the equaliser.

Agree with every word of this:agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-09-2019, 04:57 PM

This 100%