PDA

View Full Version : How The Yam Prepares For A Derby

Speedway
22-09-2019, 08:19 AM
Good read here on the beeb with contributions from Ian Murray, Yogi, Crayola and Fulton the 2nd.

Most interesting part for me is when Crayola says he had men to look up to on the park when things weren’t going well and they just watched videos of them beating us on the bus over.

Hibernian v Hearts: Smashed windows & cult heroes - derby day in Edinburgh https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49780971

Weegreenman
22-09-2019, 08:38 AM
Hibs were soft.....we’ve always been soft, we still are! When will we ever learn?

Far too many “nice” guys in this Hibs team.

Smartie
22-09-2019, 09:28 AM
Hibs were soft.....we’ve always been soft, we still are! When will we ever learn?

We've been far from soft for the past 5 years and have enjoyed decent results in derbies as a result.

The squad we go into the game with today is the softest Hibs squad I can remember.

MWHIBBIES
22-09-2019, 09:33 AM

Absolute crap.

Pretty Boy
22-09-2019, 09:36 AM
Since Stubbs then Lennon came in we were never really soft in derbies. Not good enough on occasion certainly but we were never easily outfought.

Whether that is still the case today is another matter. Time will tell. I can't imagine the likes of McGregor, Porteous, Hanlon and Stevenson have left any of the new guys in any doubt about what this game means.

Cabbage East
22-09-2019, 09:41 AM

Maybe 5 years ago.

Franck Stanton
22-09-2019, 11:18 AM
In answer to the op question, they cage their players up & feed them raw meat whilst playing " kill hibs" on a tape on a 24 hour loop

Viva_Palmeiras
22-09-2019, 12:35 PM

Dont be surprised if a rugby game breaks out...

wookie70
22-09-2019, 12:39 PM
Since Stubbs then Lennon came in we were never really soft in derbies. Not good enough on occasion certainly but we were never easily outfought.

Whether that is still the case today is another matter. Time will tell. I can't imagine the likes of McGregor, Porteous, Hanlon and Stevenson have left any of the new guys in any doubt about what this game means.

Given Heck has won 4 points out of 6 and won at Tiny, something Lennon, didn't do, I think he can be included in that list.