PDA

View Full Version : My First Derby Since.........

HFC_NYC
21-09-2019, 07:37 PM
......the De La Cruz Derby. I’m absolutely buzzing for the game tomorrow as it’s been such a long time since I’ve experienced the Derby. Despite the ridiculous attempt by the ticket office to stop me attending, I managed to get things sorted out for me and my wife and I can’t wait to show her what football is all about.

I also want to give a special mention to Kieran Power who contacted me when I originally posted about my awful experience at the ticket office and offered to get them for me. As it is, I ended up not needing his help, but I will forever remember the gesture. That right there is what being the fan’s rep is all about.

Hibernia&Alba
21-09-2019, 07:40 PM
Great to hear. For those of us who don't know, what happened with the ticket office?

Kojock
21-09-2019, 07:41 PM
36 seconds. GGTTH

Sir David Gray
21-09-2019, 07:42 PM
Great to hear. For those of us who don't know, what happened with the ticket office?

I'm going to guess either him or his wife aren't on the database and so were refused tickets for what is a category A match.

Edit - Yes I was correct.

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?341790-Derby-Ticket-Help

HFC_NYC
21-09-2019, 07:52 PM
I'm going to guess either him or his wife aren't on the database and so were refused tickets for what is a category A match.

Edit - Yes I was correct.

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?341790-Derby-Ticket-Help

I am on the database, just not on it long enough. I haven’t lived in Scotland for 20 years but was over for Christmas 2018 and treated my family to hospitality, which got me on the database. I’m currently in Scotland because my father passed away and since I’ve been over, I bought tickets for the Morton game and dropped a ton in the club store, but that wasn’t enough to convince the ticket staff that I wasn’t an undercover yam.

penihibs
21-09-2019, 07:59 PM
I am on the database, just not on it long enough. I haven’t lived in Scotland for 20 years but was over for Christmas 2018 and treated my family to hospitality, which got me on the database. I’m currently in Scotland because my father passed away and since I’ve been over, I bought tickets for the Morton game and dropped a ton in the club store, but that wasn’t enough to convince the ticket staff that I wasn’t an undercover yam.

Enjoy your day buddy.

Hibernia&Alba
21-09-2019, 08:01 PM

Very odd the TO made it so difficult for you; it's the last thing you need at the moment. Anyway, enjoy the game.

Diclonius
21-09-2019, 08:03 PM
Enjoy yourself!

My first missed derby since the Boxing Day 0-0 bore of 2017.

CMurdoch
21-09-2019, 08:55 PM
Good to hear of someone else looking forward to the game!
Hope your wife enjoys the experience.

HFC_NYC
21-09-2019, 08:57 PM
Thanks everyone!!!

Onceinawhile
21-09-2019, 08:58 PM
Hopefully it's a good omen.

Its my first Derby since the last one.

SJNB Hibby
21-09-2019, 09:09 PM
......the De La Cruz Derby. I’m absolutely buzzing for the game tomorrow as it’s been such a long time since I’ve experienced the Derby. Despite the ridiculous attempt by the ticket office to stop me attending, I managed to get things sorted out for me and my wife and I can’t wait to show her what football is all about.

I also want to give a special mention to Kieran Power who contacted me when I originally posted about my awful experience at the ticket office and offered to get them for me. As it is, I ended up not needing his help, but I will forever remember the gesture. That right there is what being the fan’s rep is all about.

EVER!!!! And the wife's first footie game EVER!! First rule of the Derby for me...please dont allow them to win 7-0. We're not playing well---but neither are they, and I think we're slightly the better team, and think we may pull it off:thumbsup:

HFC_NYC
21-09-2019, 09:17 PM
EVER!!!! And the wife's first footie game EVER!! First rule of the Derby for me...please dont allow them to win 7-0. We're not playing well---but neither are they, and I think we're slightly the better team, and think we may pull it off:thumbsup:

Well, I subjected her to the Livi game last December (the Porteous knee popping game) and she did "enjoy" the 7 goal thriller against Morton last month but this will be her first "real" game.

Power
21-09-2019, 09:24 PM
Hope the full day turns oot to be everything you expected and more D.

Going to be hard to top a 36 second start but let’s gie it a go.

HFC_NYC
21-09-2019, 09:27 PM
Hope the full day turns oot to be everything you expected and more D.

Going to be hard to top a 36 second start but let’s gie it a go.

Very true. Once again, thank you for offering to help me out.

Onceinawhile
21-09-2019, 09:41 PM
Well, I subjected her to the Livi game last December (the Porteous knee popping game) and she did "enjoy" the 7 goal thriller against Morton last month but this will be her first "real" game.

8 👍👍