PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking forward to the game ?

bigwheel
21-09-2019, 04:03 PM
I’m starting to look forward to tomorrow ...
Tension game , both teams must win, surely we will see the best of us tomorrow?

Left Rugby park gutted, now looking forward to seeing Hibs again ..

If we win the battle, think we will win the game ...

elevengoats
21-09-2019, 04:06 PM
Yes! And I'm really positive we'll win this one. Bring it on!

bingo70
21-09-2019, 04:06 PM
I am.

I’ve spent most of the last week being miserable and probably the most negative I’ve been going into a derby (and I can be a miserable ******* at the best of times) but as the game is getting closer I’m finding myself getting slightly more positive all the time.

My boys first derby tomorrow, not sure if that’s a good thing or not but think it’s adding to my excitement about it.

Hermit Crab
21-09-2019, 04:07 PM
Usual pre game nerves.

J-C
21-09-2019, 04:12 PM
Yes and no, want us to win and win well playing decent football but it's the derby and usually good football goes out the window. I wanted Heckingbottom to be a success and believe he's a decent coach, I'm just not sure he's good enough to be a manager, I do hope he proves me wrong though.

Mon Dieu4
21-09-2019, 04:15 PM
Yes, I went out today and had more than a few pints, now I can't wait, hopefully I feel that way in the morning

Hibernia&Alba
21-09-2019, 04:17 PM
Apprehensive more than excited. We mustn't lose tomorrow; a draw is bare minimum.

Jim44
21-09-2019, 04:17 PM
I’m not really looking forward to the game but I am relieved that in the next 24 hours we will be in a position to shape our future by getting behind PH if we win, but releasing him if we lose and what the future will then bring. For me, I hope scenario 1 prevails. :pray:

we are hibs
21-09-2019, 04:19 PM
Never felt less enthused about a derby. Maybe feel more into it tomorrow but at the minute im neither here or there.

California-Hibs
21-09-2019, 04:19 PM
I seriously question any Hibees Hibbyness if you aren't very much so looking forward to a derby...

I'm buzzing!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-09-2019, 04:25 PM
Looking forward to the day out more than the game.

HibeeHibernian4
21-09-2019, 04:30 PM
I am. Some Hibs fans appear to be in competition to see who can predict the most doom. Seems like a sad way to watch your football but each to their own I guess.

Weegreenman
21-09-2019, 04:31 PM
This is the game were it all clicks into place for us.

weecounty hibby
21-09-2019, 05:31 PM
I am and I expect a victory. I always expect a victory against that mob. Nothing else will be acceptable

Albanian Hibs
21-09-2019, 05:32 PM
I'm looking forward to having a post and pre match bevvy tomorrow. Does that count?

Crab apple
21-09-2019, 05:41 PM
Hell yes. F..k the Hearts.

Col2
21-09-2019, 06:05 PM
Taking my 9 year old son who is very excited!!

B.H.F.C
21-09-2019, 06:11 PM
I am now. Come on Hibs, get right in to that lot.

Borderhibbie76
21-09-2019, 06:11 PM
Never felt less enthused about a derby. Maybe feel more into it tomorrow but at the minute im neither here or there.Hate to admit it but me too mate.. never been this impassioned about the Hibees since the dark Butcher days. I will be there tomoro cheering the boys in as always but not looking forward to it at all. I just fear for us in middle of park where Derbies are normally won and lost

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

penihibs
21-09-2019, 06:17 PM
Taking my 9 year old son who is very excited!!

As it should be, remember the day's for me with my son's.
God bless the Hibs..

Carheenlea
21-09-2019, 06:18 PM
Shot 81 at golf this morning then got attacked by neighbours dog resulting in a knee wound and ripped trousers, so thinking the weekend can only get better - roll on tomorrow..

Since452
21-09-2019, 06:20 PM
Derby eve. I'm buzzing for it now.

Hibernia&Alba
21-09-2019, 06:22 PM
Shot 81 at golf this morning then got attacked by neighbours dog resulting in a knee wound and ripped trousers, so thinking the weekend can only get better - roll on tomorrow..

Bloody hell. What breed of dug is it? That's out of order.

Eaststand
21-09-2019, 06:26 PM

Was that 9 or 18 holes you played bud :-0

:0)

GGTTH

Alan62
21-09-2019, 06:28 PM
Yes, me, definitely. I'm a happy clapper. Can't wait.

Unseen work
21-09-2019, 06:38 PM
A derby at home against hearts? How could you not be excited!!!

Tomorrow we win and our season turns around.

2-1 win. Doidge and Porto

Unseen work
21-09-2019, 06:39 PM

Sounds like what we’re missing, can it play centre mid?

Johnny Clash
21-09-2019, 06:43 PM
Both teams enjoying poor form and a sizeable lack of faith in the management so not expecting much... which means it’s bound to be a cracker! Hibs coming out on top!

Wilson
21-09-2019, 06:49 PM
I am. Some Hibs fans appear to be in competition to see who can predict the most doom. Seems like a sad way to watch your football but each to their own I guess.

I genuinely don't think we'll win tomorrow. That isn't being in competition with anyone to predict doom. It's just how I feel about our situation. It might be a sad way to watch football but it is the way my football club makes me feel at the moment.

I was intentionally keeping quiet as it was nice to see some positivity - no matter how crazy I think positive hibs fans are in the current climate. Instead of fostering positivity it seems like fans such as yourself are more interested in stirring things.

HibeeHibernian4
21-09-2019, 07:31 PM
I genuinely don't think we'll win tomorrow. That isn't being in competition with anyone to predict doom. It's just how I feel about our situation. It might be a sad way to watch football but it is the way my football club makes me feel at the moment.

I was intentionally keeping quiet as it was nice to see some positivity - no matter how crazy I think positive hibs fans are in the current climate. Instead of fostering positivity it seems like fans such as yourself are more interested in stirring things.

Oh don’t get me wrong , I don’t see us winning tomorrow either. I’m not saying you have to be blindly optimistic about hibs. There is a minority of Hibs fans who seem desperate for things to not work out with Heckingbottom, so that they can be the first to say “see we told you so”. That’s what I object to!

Carheenlea
21-09-2019, 07:42 PM
Bloody hell. What breed of dug is it? That's out of order.

Bull terrier - four teeth marks round knee. No worse off than any Jambos tomorrow who get in the way of a Porteous clattering.

Baldy Foghorn
21-09-2019, 07:47 PM
Looking forward now, on the eve of game. Feel we will edge this one

The_Horde
21-09-2019, 07:49 PM
Quite relaxed about the actual game but absolutely buzzing to be back at Easter Road for a derby. Remember, it was only a few seasons back we didn't have them so regularly.

**** The Hearts.

Hibernia&Alba
21-09-2019, 07:51 PM
Bull terrier - four teeth marks round knee. No worse off than any Jambos tomorrow who get in the way of a Porteous clattering.

Wow, are you going to make a complaint? It could be a child next time. That's a bad state of affairs.

Cabbie1875
21-09-2019, 08:06 PM
Yes, i am now, wasnt going to bother but cant wait now, lets do em Hibs

Hibees1973
21-09-2019, 08:08 PM
Over the last 4 or 5 years Hibs have had better players than Hearts in key positions. This is why I have been confident playing them over this period. Not now.

If a fit Naismith is in the Hearts team tomorrow alongside their normal 10 hoofers, Naismith is likely to be the difference. Know they still have a fair few others out injured.

I am hopeful rather than confident tomorrow. I hope Allan and Kamberi link well together and hope at least a couple of Heckingbottom’s new signings finally show up.

One Day
21-09-2019, 08:16 PM
I’m starting to look forward to tomorrow ...
Tension game , both teams must win, surely we will see the best of us tomorrow?

Left Rugby park gutted, now looking forward to seeing Hibs again ..

If we win the battle, think we will win the game ...

I don't think we have the players to win a battle. I hope I'm wrong because I think that's what Hearts will bring

04Sauzee
21-09-2019, 08:27 PM
Actually never look forward to Derby day. Bottle of Malbec helping the nerves

sleeping giant
21-09-2019, 08:29 PM
Absolutely looking forward to it.
A win tomorrow could build confidence and change the course of our season.

CMurdoch
21-09-2019, 08:48 PM
I am going to a rammed Easter Road to watch the Derby.
The actual place in the whole world i want to be.
Lucky *******.

The game will take care of itself, so no pressure on me.
One sleep.
Can't wait.

B.H.F.C
21-09-2019, 08:55 PM

I’d be delighted with an 81 to be fair.

Green Badger
21-09-2019, 08:55 PM
At home against the team at the bottom of the league, why shouldn’t we be confident....you Should always look forward to a derby!

Onceinawhile
21-09-2019, 08:58 PM
Yes.

No idea whats going to happen, but I always look forward to a hibs game.

Onceinawhile
21-09-2019, 08:59 PM

About 39 below what I usually shoot!!!!

CMurdoch
21-09-2019, 09:00 PM

I would be boasting about it!
Don't think i have shot an 81 since about ............ 1981

On my bucket list for next April.
Getting bitten by a raj dug is not on the list.

JohnMcM
21-09-2019, 09:09 PM

If that bite broke the skin, you should get to ER to have it cleaned out as soon as you can. Animal bites are full of bacteria that can cause humans real problems.

BoomtownHibees
21-09-2019, 09:16 PM

Aye on the front 9

BoomtownHibees
21-09-2019, 09:16 PM
If that bite broke the skin, you should get to ER to have it cleaned out as soon as you can. Animal bites are full of bacteria that can cause humans real problems.

He’s going to ER the morn

Jim44
21-09-2019, 09:19 PM
I seriously question any Hibees Hibbyness if you aren't very much so looking forward to a derby...

I'm buzzing!!

Bully for you. Who the hell are you to ‘seriously’ question the Hibbyness of folk you don’t know anything about? I am one of many who are concerned about our present plight and the thought of a possible derby defeat exacerbates that feeling greatly. Consequently I would rather avoid this game at the present time. This doesn’t make me less of a Hibby than you. :rolleyes:

JohnMcM
21-09-2019, 09:28 PM
He’s going to ER the morn

Ah! Didn't see that, thanks.

Pete
21-09-2019, 09:29 PM
When was the last time there was this much pressure on BOTH managers? Effectively last chance saloon as far as the fans are concerned and the loser will probably be hounded out. Sudden death!!😫

So to answer the question, yes, but in a strangely perverse way. Someone's gonna get hurt😆

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-09-2019, 09:45 PM
Ah! Didn't see that, thanks.

Whoosh! ☺

Golden Bear
21-09-2019, 10:08 PM

Nae luck D, I bet it was a rabid hertz dug which increases the chance of infection. At least you've still got the appetite to attend tomorrow. Unlike some of these part timers. 😁

Glory Lurker
21-09-2019, 10:16 PM
Total meh, but I will be going which is an improvement on a week ago.

Ronniekirk
21-09-2019, 10:22 PM
I will be there but having been at Motherwell and seen the highlights v Killie I confess I am not Buzzing and feel more apprehensive than excited
I am hoping the fact it’s a Derby means some key players will raise their game and some how the basic defensive mistakes will be eradicated and we find our shooting boots and score
But equally Hearts will think we are vulnerable and that they can win
2 2. Draw likely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
21-09-2019, 10:37 PM

Seeked medical advice and all sorted.

Wow, are you going to make a complaint? It could be a child next time. That's a bad state of affairs.

The dog doesn't get let out of the garden, I was in garden to knock on door to collect a parcel so won`t be doing that again any time soon. I think the owner got a bigger fright than me but all in hand - dog been playing up recently and she`s making sure there won`t be a repeat incident, or dog being anywhere near children unmuzzled.

FilipinoHibs
21-09-2019, 10:44 PM
Been getting more excited all week. Over the the bad results and all the PH drivel - by him and the fans. Nervous too. C'mon the Hibs.

Togs91
21-09-2019, 10:53 PM
Closer it gets the less i mull over recent p*** results and can't stop thinking about getting it right round them and cementing them to bottom of the league, c'mon hibs!!:flag:

stoneyburn hibs
21-09-2019, 10:58 PM
***** the Hertz, let's do this Hibs.

California-Hibs
21-09-2019, 11:41 PM
Bully for you. Who the hell are you to ‘seriously’ question the Hibbyness of folk you don’t know anything about? I am one of many who are concerned about our present plight and the thought of a possible derby defeat exacerbates that feeling greatly. Consequently I would rather avoid this game at the present time. This doesn’t make me less of a Hibby than you. :rolleyes:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oKIPbNb1vWdftiVLq/giphy.gif

Power
22-09-2019, 12:03 AM
Very much, since my son has been hardwired Hibs these games have extra significance. He expects Hibs to win home or away, something I couldn’t say at 7 years old.

We’ll all do what we do and roar the Cabbage onto victory.

Dolce7
22-09-2019, 04:14 AM
Anyone who is not excited about the derby should give up supporting hibs 5-0 home win

MacGruber
22-09-2019, 07:02 AM
Personally I feel like we are going to lose. I'm certain of it. Hope to be wrong goes without saying. Love to give it the lets do them bravado but words don't mean anything. All there is today will be a horrible feeling at 4:45. They will do us. Not the ultimate pessimist but I probably lean that way. Just calling a spade a spade. We are awful and no amouny of wishful thinking is going to put a different team out today than the one we have had since the season started.
If we do somehow win this I'll be as ecstatic as I'll be shocked and won't care at all for all you lot ramming this down my throat - I'll even join in myself.

Could be the end of Heck - that could be the blessing in disguise.

Sorry for the bed wetting doom & gloom ;(

Future17
22-09-2019, 07:24 AM
Hate to admit it but me too mate.. never been this impassioned about the Hibees since the dark Butcher days. I will be there tomoro cheering the boys in as always but not looking forward to it at all. I just fear for us in middle of park where Derbies are normally won and lost

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"Impassioned" doesn't mean what you think it means. :wink:

BoomtownHibees
22-09-2019, 07:27 AM
Personally I feel like we are going to lose. I'm certain of it. Hope to be wrong goes without saying. Love to give it the lets do them bravado but words don't mean anything. All there is today will be a horrible feeling at 4:45. They will do us. Not the ultimate pessimist but I probably lean that way. Just calling a spade a spade. We are awful and no amouny of wishful thinking is going to put a different team out today than the one we have had since the season started.
If we do somehow win this I'll be as ecstatic as I'll be shocked and won't care at all for all you lot ramming this down my throat - I'll even join in myself.

Sorry for the bed wetting doom & gloom ;(

Glad this isn’t on the ‘Team Talk’ thread

Hibeewilly
22-09-2019, 07:31 AM

Sorry for the bed wetting doom & gloom ;(Both teams are awful MacGruber so it's a battle of the awfuls.....I think we can win the game but my main concern is how we defend set pieces and high balls into our box as they have a much greater aerial threat than we have with the likes of Halket Berra Ukpeazu etc. We can beat them at football but the physical and aerial battles concern me. I'm going 2-1 Hibs

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
22-09-2019, 07:34 AM
100% behind the team, sadly I'm expecting to lose. Not missed a pre season / regular game and we've been brutal at times.

RIP
22-09-2019, 07:35 AM
My job today is to give the team unstinting support for ninety minutes to the team I’ve watched since 1961. Win, lose or draw. GGTTH!!

FilipinoHibs
22-09-2019, 07:39 AM
My job today is to give the team unstinting support for ninety minutes to the team I’ve watched since 1961. Win, lose or draw. GGTTH!!

Exactly. My tenure is 10 years short of yours. Always given 100% support with the occasional moan at a player or manager.

The 90+2
22-09-2019, 07:42 AM
Am ****ting it like any other Derby. The apathy has gone big tome this morning, time to get on it I think. Sausage Rolls and the Scotland game.

calumhibee1
22-09-2019, 07:47 AM
Looking forward to this afternoon. I’m pretty relaxed. Also pretty confident.

The 90+2
22-09-2019, 07:52 AM
Looking forward to this afternoon. I’m pretty relaxed. Also pretty confident.

Hope you’re right mate. Wouldn’t want to be you if it goes horribly wrong.

Pretty Boy
Looking forward to it now. Rugby on, grab a shower at HT then head out to the pub as soon as it finishes.

There are all kinds of legitimate grievances about various issues at Hibs just now but for 90 minutes today none of them matter. Everyone should be pulling in the same direction and willing us to beat that mob.

Nicho87
Going in to today’s game with little expectations but dreaming of pumping that lot 5-0

Smartie
22-09-2019, 08:15 AM
It's desperately sad as this is usually my favourite fixture but I'm really struggling to get up for something Hibs are so woefully prepared to compete in.

The Captain....
22-09-2019, 08:58 AM
Hopeful rather than expectant..I wouldn't be surprised if it's a draw..both managers would probably settle for that now.

Once it starts no doubt the old passion will return but at the moment I cant think of a derby I've been less up for.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
22-09-2019, 09:18 AM
Looking forward to it now. Rugby on, grab a shower at HT then head out to the pub as soon as it finishes.

There are all kinds of legitimate grievances about various issues at Hibs just now but for 90 minutes today none of them matter. Everyone should be pulling in the same direction and willing us to beat that mob.

Nail on the head.

JimBHibees
22-09-2019, 09:26 AM
It's desperately sad as this is usually my favourite fixture but I'm really struggling to get up for something Hibs are so woefully prepared to compete in.

Hopefully surprise with an improved performance. Think we will do ok. Huge games from Rocky Porteous Allan and Flo required

Weegreenman
22-09-2019, 09:29 AM
Ok, now that all the bravado has been sucked out of me. Here’s what I really think.

If we play our usual slow tempo, passing out from the back we’ll be in big trouble.
This will be a battle. Whoever is strongest in the tackle, whoever jumps the highest, whoever wins that second and third ball.
Whoever is the softest will lose.

Smartie
22-09-2019, 09:34 AM
Hopefully surprise with an improved performance. Think we will do ok. Huge games from Rocky Porteous Allan and Flo required

Ach, I suppose you're right with those 4. Marciano and Allan in particular can be match winners when they're on their game.

Then there's the likes of Horgan and Middleton who are good on their day.

I suppose we've had more games of football against them at Easter Road than Tynecastle on the bigger pitch. With a fussy ref and a game of football we might have a chance.

A lenient ref, a physical battle and them taking turns to foul us along with some "special treatment" for Scott Allan and we might be in deep trouble.

TheGreenMan
22-09-2019, 10:04 AM
Win this and we're only 3 points off 4th and 4 points off 3rd. It's been a bad start but it's a long season and nobody has started well outside of the OF. Let's get the season started and ram it up the Jambos leaving them rooted to the bottom 👍💚

calumhibee1
22-09-2019, 10:05 AM
Win this and we're only 3 points off 4th and 4 points off 3rd. It's been a bad start but it's a long season and nobody has started well outside of the OF. Let's get the season started and ram it up the Jambos leaving them rooted to the bottom 👍💚

:agree:

Mon the Hibs.

Franck Stanton
22-09-2019, 10:36 AM
Ach, I suppose you're right with those 4. Marciano and Allan in particular can be match winners when they're on their game.

Then there's the likes of Horgan and Middleton who are good on their day.

I suppose we've had more games of football against them at Easter Road than Tynecastle on the bigger pitch. With a fussy ref and a game of football we might have a chance.

A lenient ref, a physical battle and them taking turns to foul us along with some "special treatment" for Scott Allan and we might be in deep trouble.

History says that they will be niggly, dirty, bassas was who kick anything that moves & if it happens to be the ball then they have made a mistake. They always target our skill players and will take it in turns to assault Allan at every opportunity. Just can't see us competing physically.

Wilson
22-09-2019, 10:42 AM

I'd say Aberdeen are about where they'd expect to be. Ross County ahead of expectations. Livingston too. Somebody has to have started well! I agree with the last part though.

Carheenlea
22-09-2019, 10:42 AM

I’m a 5 handicap so poor scoring for me on a par 70. Started treble bogey, bogey, double bogey - definitely not wanting Hibs to perform in the opening exchanges today in a similar fashion :hilarious

Nae luck D, I bet it was a rabid hertz dug which increases the chance of infection. At least you've still got the appetite to attend tomorrow. Unlike some of these part timers. ��

The dug wasn’t of Jambo stock, but played in the company of a Jambo yesterday - one of the good eggs to be fair.

WhileTheChief..
22-09-2019, 11:00 AM
Looking forward to it now.

No great expectations but I want to see how bad Hearts are first hand and to hear what Levein has to say about it afterwards.

Fully behind PH today, there’ll be no booing from me :cb

Mango Man
22-09-2019, 11:08 AM
My first Derby since Fenlons last game....

Robbo6-2
22-09-2019, 11:09 AM
Still half contemplating watching it on tv and no going

1van Sprou7e
22-09-2019, 11:11 AM
To be honest it's nice to go into a derby with less of the usual nerves

Still obviously want a win, but a bad result wouldn't be quite as bad as in other derbies considering the consequences

eastcoasthibby
22-09-2019, 11:13 AM
Just not got a buzz and mostly because we just haven't seen anything from how we have played this season to get excited or overly positive about, the big concern is that we have shown know dig and a lack of ability to take chances ..both of which are massive in derbies ..so unless 4-5 of our regular starters who haven't kicked a ball so far this season decide they fancy putting some effort in then it's not going to be a happy afternoon ..on the other hand we have good potential in our squad and if they turn up then we will get what we want ...Hecky doesn't inspire me with confidence in his ability to select a winning team or to inspire them to compete in this type of game ..oh how I want a good result today ..GGTTH

B.H.F.C
22-09-2019, 11:26 AM
Still half contemplating watching it on tv and no going

Get to the game.

CMac1988
22-09-2019, 11:34 AM
In Benidorm watching it at Jumping Jacks. Been looking forward to it all week but not very confident in a good result. Gave the season ticket to a a friend so he could take his laddie, so fingers crossed this is the turning point. :)

seanshow
22-09-2019, 12:29 PM
I don't know what the weather is like in leith, but its hosing it down out in the sticks.

It reminds me a derby at ER in the 80s, sitting in the car on Stclair Street and then they announced on the radio and the game was called of.

.. Much better drainage/pitches these days right enough :)

Billy Whizz
22-09-2019, 12:32 PM
I don't know what the weather is like in leith, but its hosing it down out in the sticks.

It reminds me a derby at ER in the 80s, sitting in the car on Stclair Street and then they announced on the radio and the game was called of.

.. Much better drainage/pitches these days right enough :)

Overcast, one or two rain drops just now

ManlyOz
22-09-2019, 12:33 PM
Marciano not playing today, is he injured?

Glory Lurker
22-09-2019, 12:34 PM
I feel like one of the condemned.

allezsauzee
22-09-2019, 12:35 PM
very much looking forward to us pumping them today

seanshow
22-09-2019, 12:47 PM
Marciano not playing today, is he injured?

No team sheet on hibs twitter as yet.

Speedy
22-09-2019, 12:48 PM
Naw

calumhibee1
22-09-2019, 12:49 PM
No Naismith for Hearts. Hopefully that will give some Hibs fans more confidence today as some had him down for running riot.

staunchhibby
22-09-2019, 12:55 PM
Marciano on bench

WhileTheChief..
22-09-2019, 12:56 PM
Line up on hibs Twitter now