PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: NEW RETAIL AREA IN OPERATION

RSS Bot
21-09-2019, 12:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10303)

BoomtownHibees
21-09-2019, 12:09 PM
Good idea Hibs

bigwheel
21-09-2019, 12:14 PM
Good idea Hibs

It is isn’t it ...simple, but effective [emoji106][emoji106]

Diclonius
21-09-2019, 12:16 PM
That's a really good idea.

cabbageandribs1875
21-09-2019, 12:19 PM
good idea, whoever thought of it should not be sacked for at least 12 months :)

GonzoReturns
21-09-2019, 12:29 PM
And once card transactions can take place even better 👍👍

wallpaperman
21-09-2019, 12:38 PM
Good idea for sure, pity they can’t get a couple of hand held thingymybobs straight away for card payments but definitely a positive.

Iain G
21-09-2019, 12:44 PM
good idea, whoever thought of it should not be sacked for at least 12 months :)

It was Hecky's idea...

Power
21-09-2019, 12:51 PM
https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/290b730b-6c87-4107-8ff0-ba0025558c2f-jpeg.1394/

The first of a few hopefully.

Good starting point and good to assess what merchandise works and improving the offering (card/contactless 💳)

Hibbyradge
21-09-2019, 01:07 PM
That's a good move and I hope they organise something similar for the West stand.

Opening after games would be worth trialing too.

Keith_M
21-09-2019, 01:37 PM
Good idea.

They should also look into having a retail outlet in the centre of town, maybe in partnership with one of the Department Stores on Princes St.

Scouse Hibee
21-09-2019, 02:59 PM
Good idea.

They should also look into having a retail outlet in the centre of town, maybe in partnership with one of the Department Stores on Princes St.

They had that before several years ago if I recall correctly.

FRes Hibbie
21-09-2019, 03:07 PM
Good idea.

It’s quite annoying that the only sportswear shop at the airport only sells Celtic and Rangers gear.

Ozyhibby
21-09-2019, 03:47 PM
This is a great idea and surprised it has taken this long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
21-09-2019, 04:36 PM
They had that before several years ago if I recall correctly.

I didn't know that. Wonder why it stopped.

You used to be able to buy Hibs stuff in loads of shops, in years gone by.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-09-2019, 04:43 PM
I didn't know that. Wonder why it stopped.

You used to be able to buy Hibs stuff in loads of shops, in years gone by.

For financial reasons I imagine. Much cheaper to keep it all in house than give other retailers a percentage of shirt sales. A shop in town or the airport would be great but the rent would see us running at a loss. Hearts opened a shop in the Waverley centre during the Romanov years and lucky if it lasted a year

Hibby Bairn
21-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Hardly rocket science. Put your goods where your customers are. Cash only is bizarre tbh.

Billy Whizz
21-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Hardly rocket science. Put your goods where your customers are. Cash only is bizarre tbh.

I think they’ve explained the reason for this

Stuart93
21-09-2019, 05:40 PM

Also said watch this space so something must be in the pipeline to introduce card payments. Hopefully at kiosk as well

Not In The Know
21-09-2019, 05:51 PM
You can use iPhones to take card payments (with a wee thingymybob)

SChibs
21-09-2019, 05:54 PM
Maybe they are waiting to see how good sales are before paying to get card terminals in. Or maybe they only came up with the idea at the start of the week so they haven't had time to get them in?

Bostonhibby
21-09-2019, 06:26 PM
Good idea, overdue and I can't see a negative. Get the best card transaction deal possible and we are off and running.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

wallpaperman
21-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Hearts opened a shop in the Waverley centre during the Romanov years and lucky if it lasted a year

Unless they had more than one, are you not thinking of the St James Centre at the Multrees Walk end?

Whenever i walked past looked empty with bored staff with nothing to do.

Billy Whizz
21-09-2019, 06:30 PM
Unless they had more than one, are you not thinking of the St James Centre at the Multrees Walk end?

Whenever i walked past looked empty with bored staff with nothing to do.

Also had one in the Gyle. Unfortunately these sort of places are too costly for Hibs and Hearts, rates and rent are horrific

cabbageandribs1875
21-09-2019, 06:31 PM
It was Hecky's idea...

:greengrin

wallpaperman
21-09-2019, 06:35 PM
Also had one in the Gyle. Unfortunately these sort of places are too costly for Hibs and Hearts, rates and rent are horrific

I know some people would be horrified on both sides, but it would make perfect business sense for Hibs and Hearts to share some sort of pop up units around the festival time and the lead up to Christmas.

Half the rent and rates liability, could split the shop down the middle.

Billy Whizz
21-09-2019, 06:37 PM
I know some people would be horrified on both sides, but it would make perfect business sense for Hibs and Hearts to share some sort of pop up units around the festival time and the lead up to Christmas.

Not a bad shout
With our Retail as it currently stands, not sure if we’re able to sell outside our current agreement

Keith_M
21-09-2019, 06:45 PM

I think people are right about dedicated shops in the city centre not being viable but I think going into partnership with some Department Store, or whatever, would also work.

I wouldn't have a problem doing this in partnership with Hearts either.

IIRC, Rangers and Celtc used to have a similar arrangement.

wallpaperman
21-09-2019, 06:49 PM
I think people are right about dedicated shops in the city centre not being viable but I think going into partnership with some Department Store, or whatever, would also work.

I wouldn't have a problem doing this in partnership with Hearts either.

IIRC, Rangers and Celtc used to have a similar arrangement.

Sure that Hibs had some sort of prescence in a Debenhams in Ocean Terminal for a period, possibly when the club shop was closed for renovations?

CraigHibee
21-09-2019, 07:03 PM
Sure that Hibs had some sort of prescence in a Debenhams in Ocean Terminal for a period, possibly when the club shop was closed for renovations?

They did, had a section selling hibs tops and merchandise etc

Clarence
21-09-2019, 07:16 PM

Yeah, this is overall positive news and I don’t like being a sour puss considering Leann spoke about getting the stadium set up for contactless payments on ‘On the Ball’ at the end of last season, it’s a bit disappointing that we are still lagging behind on things like this.

Bob Box Fish
21-09-2019, 07:26 PM
Good move by the club.

Jones28
21-09-2019, 07:31 PM
They did, had a section selling hibs tops and merchandise etc

Was it not down to the shop being closed and extended/refurbished?

The_Horde
21-09-2019, 07:35 PM
Yeah, this is overall positive news and I don’t like being a sour puss considering Leann spoke about getting the stadium set up for contactless payments on ‘On the Ball’ at the end of last season, it’s a bit disappointing that we are still lagging behind on things like this.

One thing at a time, they're still having issues with the new ticketing system.

jacomo
21-09-2019, 07:57 PM

There are no reasons for it being cash only except that it’s another half baked idea.

My local sole trader mobile coffee stand takes card payments. Why the **** Hibs can’t do so is beyond me.

Power
21-09-2019, 08:42 PM
https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/9e7cc922-9451-4f28-aca4-cd6f44283235-png.1395/

Rocky
21-09-2019, 09:06 PM
There are no reasons for it being cash only except that it’s another half baked idea.

My local sole trader mobile coffee stand takes card payments. Why the **** Hibs can’t do so is beyond me.

Maybe cos he's not sharing his 4g connection with 20,000 other folk?

Stuart93
21-09-2019, 11:05 PM

Come on man don’t go around spreading complete sense it doesn’t work well for some folks agendas

Future17
22-09-2019, 09:13 AM

Well, we can at least agree it's beyond you.

whiskas
22-09-2019, 09:17 AM

Yep the issue is 4g network saturation not poor reception.
What they would need to do is go “old school” with cables but that would require more time and planning to set up.
They also need to introduce contactless at the food kiosks too

Smartie
22-09-2019, 09:24 AM
Yep the issue is 4g network saturation not poor reception.
What they would need to do is go “old school” with cables but that would require more time and planning to set up.
They also need to introduce contactless at the food kiosks too

Surely "cables" doesn't need to be a major infrastructure project requiring planning and set up?

If you want something to happen and think there's the chance to make a few quid, you make it happen.

Jones28
22-09-2019, 09:28 AM
Surely "cables" doesn't need to be a major infrastructure project requiring planning and set up?

If you want something to happen and think there's the chance to make a few quid, you make it happen.

Can you imagine the furore on here if Hibs announced they were bringing contactless payment to all the food kiosks but said there wasn’t enough money in the football budget to bring more players in?

Bostonhibby
22-09-2019, 09:33 AM
Can you imagine the furore on here if Hibs announced they were bringing contactless payment to all the food kiosks but said there wasn’t enough money in the football budget to bring more players in?If the cost of doing it is the issue I'd then have no problem with cash only, it's to the club's benefit and don't see it as a problem to have cash available on match days.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Peanut Shaz
22-09-2019, 09:35 AM
Can you imagine the furore on here if Hibs announced they were bringing contactless payment to all the food kiosks but said there wasn’t enough money in the football budget to bring more players in?

I'm sure there will be a 5/10 year business plan in place where each department has a budget. It's surely up to the manager of that department to spend as they see fit and it will be looked at regularly throughout the FY. I'm pretty sure there's not just a big pot of money and it's "I need x amount for...".

lyonhibs
22-09-2019, 02:58 PM

That's not quite how complex businesses work. There's not just 1 large piggy bank in Leanne's office that just gets raided by all in sundry.