PDA

View Full Version : We're going to win on Sunday

lord bunberry
20-09-2019, 10:33 PM
We’re not as bad as some are making out and I really believe we’ll win on Sunday. Let’s put all the negative thoughts aside for now and get behind the team.

Vault Boy
20-09-2019, 10:38 PM
Whatever happens, now that we're only one day out, I'm really looking forward to it. I was concerned that the excitement wasn't quite there for me this time around, but I was dead wrong. They are there to be beaten and we still have the players capable of hurting them. Time to step up. :flag:

Hibee Mac
20-09-2019, 10:49 PM
Let's not sugar coat it we're bloody dreadful. However, I'm still really looking forward to it and hoping we can win the battle of who is least terrible.

lord bunberry
20-09-2019, 11:11 PM
Let's not sugar coat it we're bloody dreadful. However, I'm still really looking forward to it and hoping we can win the battle of who is least terrible.
We might be playing dreadful, but we have players that would walk into most teams in the league, it’s a matter of getting them playing together in the right formation. Apparently there was a few cross words and home truths let out at training this week. I’m expecting a positive reaction on Sunday.

Hibernia&Alba
20-09-2019, 11:21 PM
It's two poor sides desperate for a win. I'm expecting a nervy, low quality game with both teams afraid to lose. They will be physical, so we need to be prepared to withstand that. I fear the best we will get is a draw, as I have no confidence in the manager and team to get their act together, but let's see if we can actually get organised and produce a performance.

jacomo
20-09-2019, 11:39 PM
We’re not as bad as some are making out and I really believe we’ll win on Sunday. Let’s put all the negative thoughts aside for now and get behind the team.

We are terrible but can do better. Hearts are garbage.

PompeyHibs
20-09-2019, 11:59 PM
I agree
Fxxk the Hearts
Hibs to win 2-1
Its a weird derby....both sides suffering but hey... believe its out day mon the cabbage 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

lord bunberry
21-09-2019, 12:04 AM
We are terrible but can do better. Hearts are garbage.
That’s the difference imo.

lord bunberry
21-09-2019, 12:05 AM
I agree
Fxxk the Hearts
Hibs to win 2-1
Its a weird derby....both sides suffering but hey... believe its out day mon the cabbage 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
:top marks

California-Hibs
21-09-2019, 03:44 AM
Yes, it could be dangerous, but I'm utterly convinced we will stroll it on Sunday. They are just so much poorer than us! They won't have quality on the pitch like Alan, Kamberi, Middleton, Mallan, Horgan, Porteous..

Hibs to win by 2 clear goals is my feeling

marinello59
21-09-2019, 05:40 AM
I really think we will emerge from a poor game with a good win. I’m looking forward to it.

18Craig75
21-09-2019, 05:49 AM
Must say the Hibs media team have done a great job this week of getting me in the mood. Could see it far enough at the beginning of the week!!

Let’s out everything to one side for the weekend and concentrate on beating them and sending them deeper into crisis. That should be every fan and every staff members focus.

Sir David Gray
21-09-2019, 05:57 AM
Going tomorrow more in hope than expectation but Hearts are bottom of the league for a reason.

I'm hoping our better players can take some responsibility by taking the game by the scruff of the neck and win by any means necessary.

I don't care how we play against them, all that matters is that we win.

I'm far from convinced that we will win tomorrow but I'll still be there to support the team.

Bangkok Hibby
21-09-2019, 06:38 AM
I got roasted ages ago for saying we lose to Hearts because of the fans negativity. Obviously that was bollocks but I was hurting bad at the time and sick to death of the defeatist **** being spoken. OK we're crap just now but come on, we'll beat this lot. In the words of Oddball my favourite film character of all time.."why don't you knock it off with them negative waves"

calumhibee1
21-09-2019, 06:42 AM
Yes, it could be dangerous, but I'm utterly convinced we will stroll it on Sunday. They are just so much poorer than us! They won't have quality on the pitch like Alan, Kamberi, Middleton, Mallan, Horgan, Porteous..

Hibs to win by 2 clear goals is my feeling

This is exactly why I’ve thought all week we’ll win. Hearts have one or two players who would have a chance of getting into near enough every non old firm team. We have 6 or 7. We are a better side, we’re just not performing. They’re crap and are only performing ever so slightly below the level that I’d expect a team to with guys like Clare, Irving, Uche, Washington, Berra, whatever goalkeeper is in goals this week etc playing.

BILLYHIBS
21-09-2019, 06:51 AM
Been watching HIBS for over fifty years and seen loads of derbies and in my experience best to say nothing at all prematch

Derbies are different gravy, league form goes out of the window but one thing is for sure Hearts will be up for it they always are usually even more than we are a real do or die attitude and suddenly you find their walking wounded are spring lambs and are lining up against you out on the pitch

I am a ST holder and obviously I hope HIBS win but will hopefully just content myself with a quiet celebratory pint at 5pm on Sunday after all we do not want to give Potter any ammo to inspire his beleaguered troops through these threads pre match

Fingers crossed

GGTTH

hibsbollah
21-09-2019, 07:01 AM
I like this thread.

Especially as the first thing I saw in my Facebook feed this morning was an invitation to a Hecky Out protest at 5pm tomorrow. Who are these people? And what happens if we win 6-2 and Newell volleys it into the postage stamp like Latapy did at 4:47pm? Will we still have the protest? Or do we shuffle up to the protest, celebrate the scoreline in a muted way, but also do some grumpy muttering under our breath? What's the rules here?

Since452
21-09-2019, 07:03 AM
I think we'll win by at least 2

One Day
21-09-2019, 07:17 AM
I think we'll win by at least 2

I realy hope so

B.H.F.C
21-09-2019, 07:22 AM
Don’t know if we will win, but we need to win. It’s absolutely must win.

None of this negative, passive stuff we’ve been watching. We need to get after them right from the first whistle.

Captain Trips
21-09-2019, 07:24 AM
I think for some reason maybe a one off when everything clicks or the start of a turnaround but I think we will by more than 3.

WhileTheChief..
21-09-2019, 07:30 AM
None of this negative, passive stuff we’ve been watching. We need to get after them right from the first whistle.

Agreed. Let’s at least make an effort to get a win against the worst side in the league.

BILLYHIBS
21-09-2019, 07:38 AM
Agreed. Let’s at least make an effort to get a win against the worst side in the league.

We only drew with the worst side in the League Stirling Albion

Sorry that was a win :greengrin

Keith_M
21-09-2019, 09:14 AM
We might be playing dreadful, but we have players that would walk into most teams in the league, it’s a matter of getting them playing together in the right formation. Apparently there was a few cross words and home truths let out at training this week. I’m expecting a positive reaction on Sunday.

I admire your optimism but I can't possibly agree with the bit in bold.

It might have been true two seasons ago but I can't think who it would apply to now.

Nicho87
21-09-2019, 09:16 AM
We are as bad as been suggested. But things can only improve. Go one nil down Sunday, could get tasty in the stands

Islington Hibs
21-09-2019, 09:37 AM
Will be missing the game as away for the weekend but pretty confident of a win. I also think the team are not anything like as bad as some think but tomorrow is big. Defeat and we are pretty well at the bottom of the league and undeniable concern, draw a poor minimum, but we can win this and I
Think with some style. I am not normally this optimistic but we are more skilful than I think appreciated. Need more thrust, pace and urgency and we’ll win by two.

Since452
21-09-2019, 10:05 AM
We only drew with the worst side in the League Stirling Albion

Sorry that was a win :greengrin

Aye but league cup games don't count mind 😉

Since452
21-09-2019, 10:07 AM
In that squad fit or not we have many players who know what it takes and means to win a derby. Bags of experience infact. We'll be ok tomorrow folks.

cabbageandribs1875
21-09-2019, 11:16 AM
we better win, i've invested £5 on a home win

but.........i just can't see craig levain securing the worst run of winless league games in the history of the jamboids, he's equalled the record of 12...surely couldn't be an unlucky 13th, could it :cb

Here’s Lucy!
21-09-2019, 11:25 AM
Just as long as we score one more than them, I’ll be a happy wee bunny.

thegaffer12
21-09-2019, 11:32 AM
Just watched the 2-1 derby from last year. If Horgan and Mallan can put the same effort into Sunday as they did then I'm sure they would be forgiven for their recent efforts.

where'stheslope
21-09-2019, 11:37 AM
I must say I would be more confident if we were scoring goals!
They cannot hold out when they get in front, but they are capable of scoring goals!
Hope its a better game than usual, but can see a card fest with Beaton, and a few of them red!
It has all the feelings of a non scoring draw!!!!!

Weegreenman
21-09-2019, 11:50 AM
Must win game for me.

Lose and it’ll definitely be the end for Heck. Fans will switch off from anything Hibernian. The pain to unbearable to think about.

Win and it could be the ignition needed for a group of players and a manager that have it all to prove.

Diclonius
21-09-2019, 12:18 PM
Aye, we might.

hibbie02
21-09-2019, 12:45 PM
We have to score first and we have to go after a second. If they score first or we try and defend a one goal lead, I suspect the “fans” will immediately get on the back of the Team and manager. We have seen how that ends up!

We need 2 up front and give them plenty of ammo. I think we will concede so need to score at least 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Coco Bryce
21-09-2019, 01:00 PM
As long as we go right at them early doors and a big support from us I think we could maybe just do it.

It's a cup final for us tomorrow. We MUST win! :hibees

silverhibee
21-09-2019, 01:04 PM
we better win, i've invested £5 on a home win

but.........i just can't see craig levain securing the worst run of winless league games in the history of the jamboids, he's equalled the record of 12...surely couldn't be an unlucky 13th, could it :cb

I've went for the draw, 0-0

Captain Trips
21-09-2019, 01:13 PM
They are going down to 10 men, 4 or 5-1 to us.

My_Wife_Camille
21-09-2019, 01:18 PM
We are every bit as bad as everyone says we are. Luckily for us, Hearts are just as bad if not worse.

I reckon a high tempo and high scoring game tomorrow with Hibs winning by a couple in the end.

Captain Trips
21-09-2019, 01:21 PM
They are going down to 10 men, 4 or 5-1 to us.

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue"

cabbageandribs1875
22-09-2019, 10:03 AM
I've went for the draw, 0-0

and then he can bow out finally being a "winner"....happy 13 craigy :thumbsup:officially hertz worst ever league game manager, what an honour

#bringbackcathro

calumhibee1
22-09-2019, 10:12 AM
I admire your optimism but I can't possibly agree with the bit in bold.

It might have been true two seasons ago but I can't think who it would apply to now.

On current form it's not the case. But players like Hanlon, Stevenson, Allan, Kamberi and Marciano playing how we know they can would get into every team outside the OF imo. They're just not performing just now.

Pretty Boy
22-09-2019, 10:16 AM
I don't care if we stink the place up today, have Sky pundits and the tabloids bemoaning the lack of quality in Scottish football and everyone is bored for 90 minutes.

As long as we score 1 more goal than them then I'll be happy. There's a whole week to have the post mortem about performances and whatever. All that matters in a Derby is winning.

Franck Stanton
22-09-2019, 10:40 AM
To win we will have to win the battle first, don't think with this bunch of prima donnas we will do that. Apart from Porto we don't have anyone who can tackle.

Wilson
22-09-2019, 10:43 AM
I don't care if we stink the place up today, have Sky pundits and the tabloids bemoaning the lack of quality in Scottish football and everyone is bored for 90 minutes.

As long as we score 1 more goal than them then I'll be happy. There's a whole week to have the post mortem about performances and whatever. All that matters in a Derby is winning.

Correct.

thegaffer12
22-09-2019, 10:44 AM
To win we will have to win the battle first, don't think with this bunch of prima donnas we will do that. Apart from Porto we don't have anyone who can tackle.

Stevenson has it in him

Franck Stanton
22-09-2019, 11:12 AM
Stevenson has it in him

Ok I stand corrected, however, what about the rest??