20-09-2019, 07:40 PM
Lincoln must have a generous severance package

j'adorehibs
20-09-2019, 07:46 PM
Now Lincoln manager, can’t ask him if Hecky gets boot🤔

Lincoln gym or tattoo parlor?

20-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Now Lincoln manager, can’t ask him if Hecky gets boot🤔

If the reports of him wanting a 12 month severance clause were accurate then I'm glad we didn't get him.

I wonder if Levein has something like that in his contract so he gets a massive pay off if he gets sacked. That could explain why he said recently he wasn’t going to step down and also why Budge isn't inclined to get rid of him. He also made it clear at the outset he didn't want the job so maybe said OK but only with a big pay off clause.

Hibs4185
20-09-2019, 08:06 PM
If the reports of him wanting a 12 month severance clause were accurate then I'm glad we didn't get him.

I wonder if Levein has something like that in his contract so he gets a massive pay off if he gets sacked. That could explain why he said recently he wasn’t going to step down and also why Budge isn't inclined to get rid of him. He also made it clear at the outset he didn't want the job so maybe said OK but only with a big pay off clause.

Levein spend a fair amount in the bookies, I’d imagine that’s why he’s unwilling to give up some income!

CathroMustStay
20-09-2019, 08:10 PM
Thank eff.

Appleton is a dud.

20-09-2019, 08:32 PM
Levein spend a fair amount in the bookies, I’d imagine that’s why he’s unwilling to give up some income!

Wonder if he's put a bet on the sack race.

Since452
20-09-2019, 08:52 PM
Turning down the Hibs job turned out well for him...

Lancs Harp
20-09-2019, 08:58 PM
Having seen him manage my local club Blackpool and nearby Blackburn Im very much in the dodged a bullet camp. If you thought Heckys tactics were negative, well ....

20-09-2019, 09:08 PM
Turning down the Hibs job turned out well for him...

It could be argued Hibs turned him down if we didn't agree to the terms he wanted.

The 90+2
20-09-2019, 09:12 PM
Having seen him manage my local club Blackpool and nearby Blackburn Im very much in the dodged a bullet camp. If you thought Heckys tactics were negative, well ....

He played good football at Oxford who got worse when he left.

Lancs Harp
20-09-2019, 09:15 PM
He played good football at Oxford who got worse when he left.

Yeah he did well at Oxford, that doesnt detract from the fact he was bloody awful at Blackpool and Blackburn. Not my cup of tea as I said and Ive seen his work first hand. He lost so many points at Blackpool trying to defend a one goal lead, look at his draw record with Blackpool. He also has a tendency to jump ship at the drop of a hat.

The 90+2
20-09-2019, 09:38 PM
Yeah he did well at Oxford, that doesnt detract from the fact he was bloody awful at Blackpool and Blackburn. Not my cup of tea as I said and Ive seen his work first hand. He lost so many points at Blackpool trying to defend a one goal lead, look at his draw record with Blackpool. He also has a tendency to jump ship at the drop of a hat.

Wasn’t Blackpool a complete basket case when he took over and he kept them up? Not that I’m his biggest fan or that nor would I have wanted us to go back to him when he said no the last time but circumstances dictate some times.

killie-hibby
20-09-2019, 10:02 PM
The Cowley brothers were my and a few others on this net first choices to replace Lennon.

The Harp Awakes
20-09-2019, 10:02 PM
Thank eff.

Appleton is a dud.

So that was our shortlist of 2. Our current Coach who's out of his depth and our no1 target who has got a job at the mighty Lincoln City after being out of the game for ages.

Hit by a bullet and dodged another one = p1sh recruitment

tamig
20-09-2019, 10:46 PM
The Cowley brothers were my and a few others on this net first choices to replace Lennon.

I think they were so highly rated down south they’d have been well out of our price range.

CMurdoch
20-09-2019, 10:59 PM
Takes over Lincoln in 8th place.
Hecky has us in 8th.

Gentlemen start your engines.

Interested to see how this race goes.

Lancs Harp
20-09-2019, 11:54 PM
Wasn’t Blackpool a complete basket case when he took over and he kept them up? Not that I’m his biggest fan or that nor would I have wanted us to go back to him when he said no the last time but circumstances dictate some times.

Blackpool were a basket case of a club for many years, but no he didnt keep them up he was the manager for 11 league games of which he won one (or maybe two) his win ratio was 16%, you'll do well to find a Blackpool fan who thinks well of him. I think most managers have good and bad experiences but my opinion of him is based on first hand experience at blackpool and of his time at blackburn which wasnt particularly successful either.

We dodged a bullet IMO and nothing will change my mind of that. A vastly overrated manager only surpassed by being linked to another ex Blackpool (and other various other clubs) total disaster in Lee Clarke.

California-Hibs
21-09-2019, 03:45 AM
Lincoln lol. Bet hes sick he turned us down!

MKHIBEE
21-09-2019, 07:25 AM
Lincoln lol. Bet hes sick he turned us down!
I wouldn't be too sure, Lincoln have been on the up for 4 seasons, ground almost full every week and I would have backed the Cowleys to take them higher. It's been a great place to watch football recently, the whole match day experience is great.

MKHIBEE
21-09-2019, 07:30 AM
I think they were so highly rated down south they’d have been well out of our price range.
The package they had when they joined Lincoln, who were non league, was the thick end of 1/2 million a year.Undoubtedly a lot higher now but worth it to !incoln

Pedantic_Hibee
21-09-2019, 07:34 AM
Alan Stubbs. Let’s get the band back together.

Callum_62
21-09-2019, 10:09 AM
The package they had when they joined Lincoln, who were non league, was the thick end of 1/2 million a year.Undoubtedly a lot higher now but worth it to !incolnI sure I read we enquired about them when lennon left

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

flash
21-09-2019, 10:39 AM

Sound like a hipster folk rock band

Frazerbob
21-09-2019, 11:13 AM

Doesn’t say much for the recruitment process.

MKHIBEE
21-09-2019, 03:04 PM
I sure I read we enquired about them when lennon left

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

And were put off by the financial demands perhaps ? To be fair they were always going to go upwards, just wish they had waited until the end of the season

tamig
21-09-2019, 03:21 PM
The Appleton Effect working wonders today.

Since452
21-09-2019, 03:29 PM

Hope the severance package was good

Wilson
21-09-2019, 05:26 PM

He was watching from the stands today. Give him a chance.

tamig
21-09-2019, 05:32 PM

Let’s see how he gets on then. I guess it can’t go any worse than today and I’m assuming there must have been a bit of a cloud hanging over the club after the departure of the Cowleys.

lucky
21-09-2019, 05:40 PM
Wasn’t that fussed about him or Heckingbottom. Neither had knowledge of the Scottish game. Too many in the lower leagues in England think it’s a better standard than it really is.

Onceinawhile
21-09-2019, 09:04 PM
Look forward to him getting a result or two and everyone bitching that we should've got him instead of hecky, then everything going to **** again for them.

flash
21-09-2019, 09:52 PM

Why would we give him a chance? He isn't our manager.

Wilson
22-09-2019, 12:16 AM
Why would we give him a chance? He isn't our manager.

If he isn't our manager then why would we not?

FilipinoHibs
22-09-2019, 12:33 AM
Look forward to him getting a result or two and everyone bitching that we should've got him instead of hecky, then everything going to **** again for them.

Good start Lincoln 0 Oxford 6.

flash
22-09-2019, 06:25 AM
If he isn't our manager then why would we not?

Because we don't give our own manager a chance.