PDA

View Full Version : Slivka

Heisenberg
20-09-2019, 01:45 PM
Out for several weeks with a fractured ankle. Our already lightweight midfield just got even lighter!

B.H.F.C
20-09-2019, 01:48 PM
I’d have thought about playing him on Sunday but he won’t be missed really. The fact I’d have been thinking about playing him says more about the rest than him.

calumhibee1
20-09-2019, 01:48 PM
He seems to get injured a lot for a guy that doesn’t play a lot.

Diclonius
20-09-2019, 01:49 PM
That's awful. Our injury problems keep coming.

Will we replace him with a free transfer?

ahibby
20-09-2019, 01:51 PM
Out for several weeks with a fractured ankle. Our already lightweight midfield just got even lighter!

Came back from international duty with a knock they said. Is it the same injury or something in training?

One Day Soon
20-09-2019, 01:56 PM

It's a superb opportunity to add another right back to the squad surely?

DetroitHibs
20-09-2019, 02:43 PM
I’d much rather see one of the young lads get in the squad and try to nail down a first team spot. Great opportunity for one of them to make a midfield spot there’s this season.

Zazu62
20-09-2019, 03:04 PM
He plays every game for Lithuania, how bad must they be.

hibee-boys
20-09-2019, 03:10 PM
No great loss, won't be here next season.

The Modfather
20-09-2019, 03:41 PM

Meh

Since452
20-09-2019, 03:46 PM

😂

GonzoReturns
20-09-2019, 03:48 PM
Great to sympathy

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-09-2019, 04:07 PM
That's a shame for the guy, I'm sure there's still a chance for him to fulfil his undoubted potential for us.

Sean1875
20-09-2019, 04:12 PM
Step up Fraser Murray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
20-09-2019, 04:18 PM
I would think a fractured ankle will take a lot longer than several weeks to fully recover from.

Ozyhibby
20-09-2019, 04:28 PM

And never tackles.[emoji23]

greenpaper55
20-09-2019, 05:39 PM
Could be worse, the midfielder we missed out on in the summer who chose Aberdeen is out for the rest of the year !

SMAXXA
20-09-2019, 05:40 PM
Step up Fraser Murray

Exactly my thinking

Stuart93
20-09-2019, 05:42 PM
Exactly my thinking

Fingers crossed

CMurdoch
20-09-2019, 10:38 PM
I would think a fractured ankle will take a lot longer than several weeks to fully recover from.

Snap!

A broken bone IN his ankle sustained in the Motherwell game.
Subsequently played twice for Lithuania with the help of painkillers!
**** right off Lithuania.

Sat out the Kilmarnock game and a later scan revealed the extent of the damage.

SquashedFrogg
20-09-2019, 10:48 PM

Do you have stats to back this up?

Please share.

SquashedFrogg
20-09-2019, 10:50 PM

Why superb?

One Day Soon
20-09-2019, 11:07 PM
Why superb?

Can't help feeling you're focussing on the less relevant part of the sentence there...

Hi Heid Yin
21-09-2019, 02:00 AM
I wish him a speedy recovery, but in all honesty, for me, he will not be missed as he offers nothing beyond the odd moment in the odd game.

calumhibee1
21-09-2019, 02:27 AM
Do you have stats to back this up?

Please share.

I don’t. Hence why I said he seems. If I’m wrong then fair play, but it certainly feels like he’s regularly injured without regularly playing for Hibs. If I’m wrong then I take it back.

Centre Hawf
21-09-2019, 06:58 AM
I don’t. Hence why I said he seems. If I’m wrong then fair play, but it certainly feels like he’s regularly injured without regularly playing for Hibs. If I’m wrong then I take it back.

I'd say you're fair in your assessment, he came back to pre season injured and now is injured again all while barely featuring for us.

I wish him a speedy recovery but I'm not really fussed from a stand point of the quality of player we're missing. I just do not rate him whatsoever at this point and wish he was one of the ones we could have moved on instead of a Bartley or maybe Milligan.

BILLYHIBS
21-09-2019, 07:09 AM
Apologies if already reported but I am sure Hecky said in his prematch interview that Slivka picked up his injury versus Motherwell took painkillers went off on international duty came back to East Mains had a scan and they picked up on the fracture

I am not convinced about Slivka being repeatedly injured my recollection is he is repeatedly benched through being unable to secure his place in the team despite being given chance after chance to eastablish himself

I keep telling myself Juve do not sign duds

He needs to keep doing the good things he does repeatedly in ninety minutes for ninety minutes in all games not just against the uglies

There is a good player in there somewhere ? :confused:

Centre Hawf
21-09-2019, 07:59 AM
Apologies if already reported but I am sure Hecky said in his prematch interview that Slivka picked up his injury versus Motherwell took painkillers went off on international duty came back to East Mains had a scan and they picked up on the fracture

I am not convinced about Slivka being repeatedly injured my recollection is he is repeatedly benched through being unable to secure his place in the team despite being given chance after chance to eastablish himself

I keep telling myself Juve do not sign duds

He needs to keep doing the good things he does repeatedly in ninety minutes for ninety minutes in all games not just against the uglies

There is a good player in there somewhere ? :confused:

Italian clubs are/were notorious for hoarding whole hosts of players. Parma had something like 100 players on their books when they went bust and a bunch of other clubs are similar. I think it's a pure money making scheme to earn the odd couple hundred grand from clubs at our level or even a few million from someone like Celtic when in actual fact the player is nowhere near being in their team. Being at Juve means nothing unfortunately as I can almost guarantee Allegri wouldn't have even seen him play or train if he even knew who he was.

J-C
21-09-2019, 08:21 AM
Many players look the business when younger but also many stall in their development for numerous reasons, Slivka looks like a player that's stalled and this might be the best he'll be.

BILLYHIBS
21-09-2019, 08:30 AM
Italian clubs are/were notorious for hoarding whole hosts of players. Parma had something like 100 players on their books when they went bust and a bunch of other clubs are similar. I think it's a pure money making scheme to earn the odd couple hundred grand from clubs at our level or even a few million from someone like Celtic when in actual fact the player is nowhere near being in their team. Being at Juve means nothing unfortunately as I can almost guarantee Allegri wouldn't have even seen him play or train if he even knew who he was.

Spot on!

From 2014–17 signed with Juventus he was out on loan to Modena ( no appearances) Gorica ( 12 app 1 goal) Den Bosch ( 40 app 2 goals) Ascoli ( 6 app)

Interesting that none of those teams wanted him permanently

I am sure our recruitment team did their due diligence

He is a full international with 35 caps 2 goals

Centre Hawf
21-09-2019, 08:33 AM
Spot on!

From 2014–17 signed with Juventus he was out on loan to Modena ( no appearances) Gorica ( 12 app 1 goal) Den Bosch ( 40 app 2 goals) Ascoli ( 6 app)

Interesting that none of those teams wanted him permanently

I am sure our recruitment team did their due diligence

He is a full international with 35 caps 2 goals

As someone else alluded to there's clearly talent in there but the guys just never seemed to tap into it consistently. His international appearances partnered with the usual highlight reel (which lets be honest even 2/3 minutes of his time at Hibs can make him look good with some of the goals he's scored) was probably enough to tick some boxes I imagine.