PDA

View Full Version : Paul Heckingbottom interview on Sky

DavieRoy
20-09-2019, 05:45 AM
I just watched the Paul Heckingbottom interview on Sky.

He was asked about pressure and his future but he seemed to try and talk around the questions.

13 minutes interview that I downloaded on my Sky box. Worth a look.

H18 SFR
20-09-2019, 05:46 AM
Did he say anything else of note?

bigwheel
20-09-2019, 05:56 AM
Watched it too....he realises there is a need to get short term results.

Always comes over as a rounded thinker - not overly emotional, but a analytical thinker of what’s happening ..

A few interesting quotes (for me anyway) ...perhaps will end up taken out of context...

Firstly, he talked a little about style - happy with some of the passing style of the team- but recognising if it’s not creating enough chances or getting results, it can’t be good enough ...

Secondly , the results tell him he doesn’t know his best eleven - before the rangers game he may have thought he did, but the reality of recent results telling him he is not getting it right...

Another point he mentioned is that any game we have won we have needed to be the better side - we are not winning any by luck or by simply keeping in the game ..interesting reflection that I thought ..

Didn’t mind those points - tells me he is willing to learn and change from what he is seeing rather than being dogmatic ..

I noticed another poster on another thread saying “usual *****” about the interview ..not sure what he could say to appease those who just want him our of his role . For a manager under pressure, it feels like he recognises the importance and difference of a derby match, yet equally if setting about to win three points - without getting caught up in the hysteria about his position - not sure what else we could expect tbh ...

I do get a sense that he knows his current plans are not working - not creating enough chances ..wonder if we will see any changes this weekend which looks to do things a bit different, and get different result

JimBHibees
20-09-2019, 06:21 AM
Is there a link to this?

Viva_Palmeiras
20-09-2019, 06:49 AM
Time for clear minds, calm thinking. Just do them.

Coco Bryce
20-09-2019, 07:01 AM
He came across as he's not got a clue what to do and how to sort our current situation. Usual boring stuff we've all heard before.

And yes. I want him out our club pronto.

green with envy
20-09-2019, 07:01 AM

Always comes over as a rounded thinker - not overly emotional, but a analytical thinker of what’s happening ..

A few interesting quotes (for me anyway) ...perhaps will end up taken out of context...

Firstly, he talked a little about style - happy with some of the passing style of the team- but recognising if it’s not creating enough chances or getting results, it can’t be good enough ...

Secondly , the results tell him he doesn’t know his best eleven - before the rangers game he may have thought he did, but the reality of recent results telling him he is not getting it right...

Another point he mentioned is that any game we have won we have needed to be the better side - we are not winning any by luck or by simply keeping in the game ..interesting reflection that I thought ..

Didn’t mind those points - tells me he is willing to learn and change from what he is seeing rather than being dogmatic ..

I noticed another poster on another thread saying “usual *****” about the interview ..not sure what he could say to appease those who just want him our of his role . For a manager under pressure, it feels like he recognises the importance and difference of a derby match, yet equally if setting about to win three points - without getting caught up in the hysteria about his position - not sure what else we could expect tbh ...

I do get a sense that he knows his current plans are not working - not creating enough chances ..wonder if we will see any changes this weekend which looks to do things a bit different, and get different result

I'm pleased to see that he has recognised this but in a way it's his own downfall. There was far to much chopping 'n changing during the League cup games. Even the last friendly v Newcastle, I really believed he would have started with a line-up that would have followed on to our first league game a few days later.

bigwheel
20-09-2019, 07:06 AM
I'm pleased to see that he has recognised this but in a way it's his own downfall. There was far to much chopping 'n changing during the League cup games. Even the last friendly v Newcastle, I really believed he would have started with a line-up that would have followed on to our first league game a few days later.

Not sure that was a huge issue - we won our first league game ...he said (I paraphrase) pre the Rangers game he would have said he knew his strongest 11 ...since then results have shown that he needs to think differently

tells me he knows his current approach isn’t working - I’d rather that view than dogma ...

calumhibee1
20-09-2019, 07:15 AM

I haven’t seen the interview so I’m not able to comment on it. But based on your synopsis of it I don’t think it seems that he’s said anything that folk could be too critical of, especially bearing in mind that he’s not going to slaughter everyone connected with the club including himself. Most of it seems to be similar to what folk on here have been saying, just not nearly as heavy handed.

He seems to cover:
-doesn’t know his strongest team
-recognises were not creating enough chances
-that we’re soft (covered in the bit about how we need to be the better side to get a result)

Most of these have been some of his biggest criticisms and he’s acknowledged them from the sound of things

madhatter
20-09-2019, 07:16 AM
Any link to this interview? I don’t know why the Hibernian Sky Sports page seems to show more about Hearts than anything else. Sky Sports are shocking for this - Levein can turn it round, Levein will be given time and finally Hearts go bottom are the three main articles/videos. I assume they find Heckingbottom’s interviews and anything out of Hibs a bit boring as well at the moment.

flash
20-09-2019, 07:18 AM
Any link to this interview? I don’t know why the Hibernian Sky Sports page seems to show more about Hearts than anything else. Sky Sports are shocking for this - Levein can turn it round, Levein will be given time and finally Hearts go bottom are the three main articles/videos. I assume they find Heckingbottom’s interviews and anything out of Hibs a bit boring as well at the moment.

Yeah because Levein is like Oscar Wilde right enough.

bigwheel
20-09-2019, 07:20 AM

I searched and found it in sky go ....just searched his name

blackpoolhibs
20-09-2019, 07:38 AM
He's absolutely right about not knowing his best side, but that is the one job he should know. And as for the style of play, what style of play?

I'm sure he's a nice guy and all that, but all he is, is a good slaver.

Leitherhibs
20-09-2019, 07:41 AM
The interview was just Heckingbottom being Heckingbottom, it didn't in any way change my opinion of him, failed to directly answer the big questions, dodged the questions from Luke, who I thought gave him some pretty easy out's - Especially on the question around his 'fans causing anxiety' statement.

DavieRoy
20-09-2019, 07:46 AM
https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/status/1174684567904706562?s=21

Vault Boy
20-09-2019, 07:47 AM
Came across better than Levein, though that isn't exactly difficult.

DavieRoy
20-09-2019, 07:48 AM
The interview was just Heckingbottom being Heckingbottom, it didn't in any way change my opinion of him, failed to directly answer the big questions, dodged the questions from Luke, who I thought gave him some pretty easy out's - Especially on the question around his 'fans causing anxiety' statement.

There were some direct questions about being under pressure but Heckingbottom did his usual and gave a general answer about results. Also a direct one about this game being a defining game for both managers but he dodged them.

I watched the Levein one too and he gave a few direct answers even if he is slightly deluded. He said he won’t seek assurances from Budge although he has just got one and he will not walk away yet.

The 90+2
20-09-2019, 07:57 AM
Come on Hecky ****in turn this around lad.

One Day Soon
20-09-2019, 08:19 AM
He's absolutely right about not knowing his best side, but that is the one job he should know. And as for the style of play, what style of play?

I'm sure he's a nice guy and all that, but all he is, is a good slaver.

I find it absolutely incredible that he feels he doesn't know his best team after fully seven months in charge - a period which includes both a close season and a transfer window.

If he'd said he was frustrated that injuries, fitness levels and the time needed to blend in new players meant he hadn't had the chance to refine what is his best team it would be one thing (and still not good), but he's actually said he thought he knew it up until the Rangers game.

I'm afraid that for me that interview confirms all my worries about this guy.

Brightside
20-09-2019, 08:23 AM

Possibly the best post on here for months.

Squirrel 1875
20-09-2019, 08:23 AM
He thought he knew his best team up until the Rangers game. Wow. What he realized is that his outright arrogance toward the Scottish game was proven and that his subpar lower league rejects from england won’t cut it up here. Joker. Leave.

calumhibee1
20-09-2019, 08:24 AM
I find it absolutely incredible that he feels he doesn't know his best team after fully seven months in charge - a period which includes both a close season and a transfer window.

If he'd said he was frustrated that injuries, fitness levels and the time needed to blend in new players meant he hadn't had the chance to refine what is his best team it would be one thing (and still not good), but he's actually said he thought he knew it up until the Rangers game.

I'm afraid that for me that interview confirms all my worries about this guy.

Just because he didn’t specifically mention the reasons you’ve mentioned it doesn’t mean that’s not the reasons why he’s not sure of it surely? (Admittedly I haven’t had the chance to listen to the interview so he may have said something which would prove me wrong) Maybe the Rangers game, injuries to SDG, the return of Porteous, signing of Naismith and Hallberg etc has meant that he’s now re-evaluating what he thought was at that point was his best team because he now has 3 players who weren’t available back then?

calumhibee1
20-09-2019, 08:26 AM
He thought he knew his best team up until the Rangers game. Wow. What he realized is that his outright arrogance toward the Scottish game was proven and that his subpar lower league rejects from england won’t cut it up here. Joker. Leave.

😂

If he’d said he didn’t have a clue of his best team at the point of the Rangers game you’d have slaughtered him for not having a clue what the best team to put out was. I can only presume you’ve never thought you knew the best way to approach something only to get it wrong or have to change the way you approach it.

He now has 3 players available that weren’t available back then, all of which I’d think most want to see in the starting 11. Maybe that’s why he thought he knew it at that point and is now re-evaluating it?

Chefki Kuqi
20-09-2019, 08:44 AM
One thing I’ll say for Paul is he is a calm manager, and while his activities over the summer have riled me up abit, and the results have been pish, I don’t get the sense that he’ll lose his cool and will instead keep plugging away to improve the team. I’d imagine that this resilience will eventually rub off on the players. As regards sacking him look to the Bristol City manager, they were in worse form than us for quite a while but they stuck with their man and now they’re punching above their weight. Not a perfect analogy, but perhaps we might need to sacrifice short run success for achieving our goals. Im also not sure spending money to sack him would be wise.

B.H.F.C
20-09-2019, 08:47 AM
From watching that interview we know his eyes work, because he can see what isn’t working.

The problem is he doesn’t appear to know how to fix it and a number of the problems are of his own making in the first place.

The_Horde
20-09-2019, 08:51 AM
😂

If he’d said he didn’t have a clue of his best team at the point of the Rangers game you’d have slaughtered him for not having a clue what the best team to put out was. I can only presume you’ve never thought you knew the best way to approach something only to get it wrong or have to change the way you approach it.

He now has 3 players available that weren’t available back then, all of which I’d think most want to see in the starting 11. Maybe that’s why he thought he knew it at that point and is now re-evaluating it?

You can't seriously be defending the fact that our manager thought the starting 11 at Ibrox was our best?

Squirrel 1875
20-09-2019, 08:54 AM
😂

How bad do we have to get before you change your mind on him? What has Heckingbottom done that makes you sure he’s the man for the job?

Can’t help but feel this all relates back to you really wanting Lennon out before everyone else. Do you get a kick out of taking the opposite position?

Coco Bryce
20-09-2019, 08:56 AM
😂

Hi Paul :greengrin

1875-Hibernia
20-09-2019, 08:59 AM
Just watched the interview and the key points for me were -

:He admits he doesn’t know best 11 but things have changed and he hints about style of play changing.
:He gets the derby is important and he knows what it means to the fans- he even smiles about a memory of meeting the fans after Tynecastle win.
:He says he’s not taking on the fans and knows importance of fans. Scott Allan isn’t untouchable!
:He’s not paying notice of getting the boot, but knows he can’t be stubborn, but needs to be patient and get results.
:Knows top 6 is important but as stated from start with him, and RG its a long term plan.
:He did for me play down the expectations a bit and got in points about not winning- but again outlined it’s a long term plan.

I thought this was a good interview and I am no means in the pro Hecky camp, but all the people having a go at him for this interview have clearly made up their mind already! Let’s get behind him on Sunday and if we win- just think we will have a manager who is not getting beat in Derby’s! That in itself is a massive plus. A win on Sunday could kickstart this team and there’s still plenty to play for.

Ps - stop giving Whittaker abuse on match day too!

calumhibee1
20-09-2019, 09:14 AM
How bad do we have to get before you change your mind on him? What has Heckingbottom done that makes you sure he’s the man for the job?

Can’t help but feel this all relates back to you really wanting Lennon out before everyone else. Do you get a kick out of taking the opposite position?

Who said I thought he’s the man for the job? I’ve said before I thought he deserved more time to show what he can do. That times getting less the longer we go without getting results.

What I think of his ability for the job doesn’t change my mind that folk are going to slaughter him regardless of results, what he says in interviews etc though. Should I just agree with the majority of posters because they make up the majority? :confused: the concept of a forum kind of falls down if that’s what we all done.

Out of interest, what do you think he should have said in the interview if you’re so appalled by what he said? Because from the breakdown bigwheel gave us it doesn’t sound much different to what a lot of posters have been saying?

20-09-2019, 09:23 AM

Haven’t had the chance to watch the interview but with reference to your last paragraph I was disappointed to read in this mornings press an interview in which he has said the following :-
“You are under pressure to get results. You always are. The pressure you put yourself under to win a game remains exactly the same. The preparations you go through are exactly the same and, regardless of whether I am asked about pressure, we would be doing the same things and still be desperate to win the next game.”
Doesn’t sound like we can expect major changes just more of the same crap.
Hope I am wrong and we get a much needed victory on Sunday.

matty_f
20-09-2019, 09:28 AM
I thought they could have edited the start and end a bit better. :agree:

Other than that I wasn’t at all surprised by the interview. He talks a good game and while he’s no doubt just fulfilling media obligations with the interview, we need to see those words translated into something better on the pitch.

matty_f
20-09-2019, 09:30 AM
Haven’t had the chance to watch the interview but with reference to your last paragraph I was disappointed to read in this mornings press an interview in which he has said the following :-
“You are under pressure to get results. You always are. The pressure you put yourself under to win a game remains exactly the same. The preparations you go through are exactly the same and, regardless of whether I am asked about pressure, we would be doing the same things and still be desperate to win the next game.”

He’s not going to say that he’s out on his ear if we lose, is he? Even if that were the case, he can’t say it. He gave a politician’s answer. A lot of words, no real substance to them.

Steven79
20-09-2019, 09:30 AM

Apart from the away game at Tynecastle we have failed in every big game that we have played under him and even then it was more due to bad finishing on their part as we didn't start playing till they scored.

Hibeesmad
20-09-2019, 09:51 AM
Let's just hope it's not another case of 'all talk, no action'.

Captain Trips
20-09-2019, 10:27 AM
I will not listen to what PH has to say or the players at the moment. I am not having a go at anything he says as I do not know what he says as for me the only thing I am interested in is what happens in the 90mins. That is where it counts now and everyone has to deliver from now.

We can twist what is said, agree with what is said, not believe what is said, believe what is said. It is only what is done I am interested in so bring on the 90 and its over to PH and the 11.

green with envy
20-09-2019, 10:58 AM
Not sure that was a huge issue - we won our first league game ...he said (I paraphrase) pre the Rangers game he would have said he knew his strongest 11 ...since then results have shown that he needs to think differently

tells me he knows his current approach isn’t working - I’d rather that view than dogma ...

Yes, he mentions the rangers game, but due to all the changes beforehand, he clearly didn't know his best starting 11 to face St Mirren regardless of the win.

He also made 3 changes from a winning team to play rangers the following week dropping one of his Centre Backs in the process. The rest is history RE: that one.

ahibby
20-09-2019, 11:02 AM
His team played against Kilmarnock as though he was feeling the pressure. Not because his position is under threat but because it could be unless things improve. I am glad he has mentioned he needs to be patient because I believe impatience lwd to mistakes at Killie. For me what he says makes sense but as the previous poster has said it matters not. What matters now are performances and results. Midfield needs to be more robust so defenders and forwards can di there job.

Lewiehas2
20-09-2019, 11:22 AM
Thought it was a good interview, always liked how he's come across. As others say it's all about how it translates on the pitch. 4 points out of 15 and -9 on goal difference is hard to defend...but a derby win, and a semi final to look forward to would make a big difference. Need to leave our own personal feelings at the gate on Sunday IMO and support the team, ultimately we should all only care about what's best for Hibs - a win on Sunday and getting through in the cup would be massive!

Mon' the Hibees! :flag:

green with envy
20-09-2019, 11:35 AM
Thought it was a good interview, always liked how he's come across. As others say it's all about how it translates on the pitch. 4 points out of 15 and -9 on goal difference is hard to defend...but a derby win, and a semi final to look forward to would make a big difference. Need to leave our own personal feelings at the gate on Sunday IMO and support the team, ultimately we should all only care about what's best for Hibs - a win on Sunday and getting through in the cup would be massive!

Mon' the Hibees! :flag:

:confused::confused:

Marvellous
20-09-2019, 11:55 AM

You actually read the post nah?

calumhibee1
20-09-2019, 12:05 PM

Would make a big difference he said.. as in if we can win against Killie.

Diclonius
20-09-2019, 12:05 PM

If we win both games.

ekhibee
20-09-2019, 12:17 PM
I will not listen to what PH has to say or the players at the moment. I am not having a go at anything he says as I do not know what he says as for me the only thing I am interested in is what happens in the 90mins. That is where it counts now and everyone has to deliver from now.

We can twist what is said, agree with what is said, not believe what is said, believe what is said. It is only what is done I am interested in so bring on the 90 and its over to PH and the 11.

This.

Iain G
20-09-2019, 12:26 PM

What outright arrogance? You are just making things up now!

jacomo
20-09-2019, 12:32 PM
Yes, he mentions the rangers game, but due to all the changes beforehand, he clearly didn't know his best starting 11 to face St Mirren regardless of the win.

He also made 3 changes from a winning team to play rangers the following week dropping one of his Centre Backs in the process. The rest is history RE: that one.

I think his best 11 has Hallberg and Naismith in it, which is bizarre given all the noise about getting our business done early this summer.

Now, this might have been part of the plan all along, but if so he communicated it very badly.

I have said this before on here: without giving too much away, managers need to be very careful how they communicate with the media. If journalists think they have been lied to they will react badly.

Hecky needs friends in the media right now because most of the fans are against him, but he will struggle to find them.

green with envy
20-09-2019, 12:35 PM
If we win both games.

I got that, but it's a big IF after our recent performance away to Killie.

green with envy
20-09-2019, 12:37 PM
Would make a big difference he said.. as in if we can win against Killie.

Again that's a big IF.

green with envy
20-09-2019, 12:40 PM
You actually read the post nah?

A quite Marvellous reply sir.

Spike Mandela
20-09-2019, 12:46 PM
He certainly gives a good interview and it is no surptise to me that he impressed the Hibs board when applying for the job.

Ultimately though he has to get it right on the park. Without a better percentage of wins and decent performances, it wouldn’t matter if you gave interviews like Stephen Fry, it’s all just words.

Lewiehas2
20-09-2019, 12:52 PM

No need to be confused, and certainly no arrogance involved - more trying to have a positive mentality with two huge games in the next five days. I'm choosing to turn up at Easter Road on Sunday and Killie on Wednesday night in hope.

green with envy
20-09-2019, 01:16 PM
No need to be confused, and certainly no arrogance involved - more trying to have a positive mentality with two huge games in the next five days. I'm choosing to turn up at Easter Road on Sunday and Killie on Wednesday night in hope.

As will I... Without dismissing our opponents on Wednesday for which I'd be surprised if we win after out last performance and our horrendous record there in recent seasons - I would have said a derby win and a QF to look forward to, would have been more apt. Your quote below came across that it was a mere formality in looking forward to the semi final.

Barman Stanton
20-09-2019, 01:21 PM
As will I... Without dismissing our opponents on Wednesday for which I'd be surprised if we win after out last performance and our horrendous record there in recent seasons - I would have said a derby win and a QF to look forward to, would have been more apt. Your quote below came across that it was a mere formality in looking forward to the semi final.

He didnt dismiss Killie, he simply said beating Hearts and being in the semi finals would make a big difference. Hard to argue with. People are awfy touchy on here just now.

ahibby
20-09-2019, 01:22 PM

I think by saying would make a big difference implies could happen and not will happen. His upbeat and optimistic message hides the fact that he has said 'would make a difference'. Can't argue with that, of course it would, but he hasn't said it will definitely happen.

Steve88
20-09-2019, 01:23 PM
Sky Sports reporting now from HTC saying there was some kind of bust up/heated exchange in training.... Hopefully some of the old guard letting the fresh faces know the standards expected!!

green with envy
20-09-2019, 01:29 PM
He didnt dismiss Killie, he simply said beating Hearts and being in the semi finals would make a big difference. Hard to argue with. People are awfy touchy on here just now.

Fair enough, I think it's time to bale out of this one.:greengrin

One Day Soon
20-09-2019, 01:30 PM
Just because he didn’t specifically mention the reasons you’ve mentioned it doesn’t mean that’s not the reasons why he’s not sure of it surely? (Admittedly I haven’t had the chance to listen to the interview so he may have said something which would prove me wrong) Maybe the Rangers game, injuries to SDG, the return of Porteous, signing of Naismith and Hallberg etc has meant that he’s now re-evaluating what he thought was at that point was his best team because he now has 3 players who weren’t available back then?

That's putting a fairly creative positive spin on it I would suggest.

The clear implication for me was - 'I thought I knew my best team until the horsing at Ibrox, then I realised I needed to think again.'

green with envy
20-09-2019, 01:30 PM
I think by saying would make a big difference implies could happen and not will happen. His upbeat and optimistic message hides the fact that he has said 'would make a difference'. Can't argue with that, of course it would, but he hasn't said it will definitely happen.

See above.:aok:

Barman Stanton
20-09-2019, 01:35 PM
Fair enough, I think it's time to bale out of this one.:greengrin

I think we need a win before there is a big Hibs.net square go! Gangs of New York style :greengrin

madhatter
20-09-2019, 01:39 PM
Sky Sports reporting now from HTC saying there was some kind of bust up/heated exchange in training.... Hopefully some of the old guard letting the fresh faces know the standards expected!!

Really?

JimBHibees
20-09-2019, 01:44 PM

Where is this reported?

green with envy
20-09-2019, 01:45 PM
I think we need a win before there is a big Hibs.net square go! Gangs of New York style :greengrin

The negativity around at the moment has eventually caught up with me. Think i'll leave the forums for now and come back hopefuly after a couple decent wins that can see us back on track.:greengrin

Lewiehas2, if you see this apologies for misreading your positivity, and hope that we do indeed reach the SF after beating herts on Sunday and Killie on Wednesday.:wink:

bingo70
20-09-2019, 01:45 PM
Where is this reported?

Nothing on twitter about it that I can see?

calumhibee1
20-09-2019, 01:50 PM

What Sky Sports you got? :greengrin

One Day Soon
20-09-2019, 01:50 PM

Tremendous film. We'll need about five different gangs.

Diclonius
20-09-2019, 01:52 PM

That's all we need.

Barman Stanton
20-09-2019, 01:52 PM
The negativity around at the moment has eventually caught up with me. Think i'll leave the forums for now and come back hopefuly after a couple decent wins that can see us back on track.:greengrin

Lewiehas2, if you see this apologies for misreading your positivity, and hope that we do indeed reach the SF after beating herts on Sunday and Killie on Wednesday.:wink:

It is easy to get caught up in it all. This place is particularly depressing at the moment though. Iv tried to stay away myself, but boredom at work and hibs.net tend to go hand in hand!

One Day Soon
20-09-2019, 01:55 PM
That's all we need.

It's all Hearts need. There's a bit of an 'Auld Reekie' stench to it.

Heisenberg
20-09-2019, 01:58 PM
Are they not just reporting this?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-heckingbottom-tells-hibs-flops-20131270

madhatter
20-09-2019, 02:02 PM
Are they not just reporting this?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-heckingbottom-tells-hibs-flops-20131270

That article is under “Craig Levein” again. These journalists and tv outlets are terrible. So lazy and unprofessional.

SMAXXA
20-09-2019, 02:26 PM
Just watched the interview and don’t know what all the fuss is about, fairly honest and saying what most fans are. I guess it’s going to be the norm from now on that people will criticise everything he says and find fault where in normal circumstances (winning games) there isn’t any.

As has been said above actions speak louder than words so over to Hibs come Sunday.

Barman Stanton
20-09-2019, 02:44 PM
Just watched the interview and don’t know what all the fuss is about, fairly honest and saying what most fans are. I guess it’s going to be the norm from now on that people will criticise everything he says and find fault where in normal circumstances (winning games) there isn’t any.

As has been said above actions speak louder than words so over to Hibs come Sunday.

Been like that a while. I just don't see him winning over the support. Too many just dislike him, and pride will stop others wanting to be proven wrong. Best for all parties if he was replaced.

Heisenberg
20-09-2019, 02:45 PM
Been like that a while. I just don't see him winning over the support. Too many just dislike him, and pride will stop others wanting to be proven wrong. Best for all parties if he was replaced.

He’ll win over the support if he picks up results. It’s pretty simple.

I think I was all for defending him when he was getting stick after the St Mirren game but the run we’ve been on since cannot be defended. It’s been atrocious.

chrisski33
20-09-2019, 02:46 PM
hes good at doing the talk ill give him that!

Barman Stanton
20-09-2019, 02:49 PM
He’ll win over the support if he picks up results. It’s pretty simple.

I think I was all for defending him when he was getting stick after the St Mirren game but the run we’ve been on since cannot be defended. It’s been atrocious.

I honestly don't think he will. People may go quiet while we are doing well. But the minute we have a bad result they will be all over him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm coming round to the fact that he is probably not up to the job. But its a shame as unlike many I think he comes across as a decent guy.

One Day Soon
20-09-2019, 02:52 PM
I honestly don't think he will. People may go quiet while we are doing well. But the minute we have a bad result they will be all over him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm coming round to the fact that he is probably not up to the job. But its a shame as unlike many I think he comes across as a decent guy.

I suspect he probably interviews superbly.

Iain G
20-09-2019, 02:57 PM

Some people are just itching to find that fault though and I think he is an honest guy trying to make this work and that vidictiveness is just not classy or required.

WhileTheChief..
20-09-2019, 03:08 PM

That applies to me!

I stayed quiet about him last year as I felt it only fair to give him a chance.

I'm vocal about wanting him out now 'cause the football's crap but if he goes on a winning run I'll be quiet 'cause there will be nowt to moan about.

Anthony Soprano
20-09-2019, 03:10 PM

Think he's too far gone for many tbh

madhatter
20-09-2019, 03:19 PM

I think most fans don’t care who the manager is as long as we are winning. The problem with Hecky is that he has repeatedly talked a good game but hasn’t, for me, delivered. He got us grinding out results last season until the split and then we were poor. This season has been shocking so far, even our wins against weaker opposition have been far less than comfortable.

He’s been in the job a while now and I have yet to see one match where I’ve left thinking “we’re on to something here”. Grinding out results is the sign of a good team. However, a team shouldn’t have to rely on that every week and tbh I think under Hecky we are relying on luck and the “win the game however we can” mentality far too much. What’s our system, what’s our identity? We’ve got nothing as far as I’m concerned. We don’t press properly and we don’t retreat into a solid shape. We don’t counter, we don’t build up patiently. Hope and luck is all I think when it comes to our play at the moment.

If he turns it around and we start thrashing teams and storming up the league then I’ll be delighted. Most fans don’t care who the manager is when things are going well. only becomes an issue when we are performing terribly.

Wilson
20-09-2019, 03:22 PM

Pride works on both sides. There are a few who were in the give him time camp too proud to admit they have backed a loser. I don't expect we will get a performance to assuage the (fellow) naysayers come Sunday - although as it's a derby I hope we do!

Barman Stanton
20-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Pride works on both sides. There are a few who were in the give him time camp too proud to admit they have backed a loser. I don't expect we will get a performance to assuage the (fellow) naysayers come Sunday - although as it's a derby I hope we do!

Im not seeing many still saying give him time now to be honest. I was certainly in that camp. But yeah, its just not working.

Since452
20-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Personally couldn't give a **** if people like Heckingbottom or not. He's not here to win a popularity contest

Barman Stanton
20-09-2019, 03:30 PM
I think most fans don’t care who the manager is as long as we are winning. The problem with Hecky is that he has repeatedly talked a good game but hasn’t, for me, delivered. He got us grinding out results last season until the split and then we were poor. This season has been shocking so far, even our wins against weaker opposition have been far less than comfortable.

He’s been in the job a while now and I have yet to see one match where I’ve left thinking “we’re on to something here”. Grinding out results is the sign of a good team. However, a team shouldn’t have to rely on that every week and tbh I think under Hecky we are relying on luck and the “win the game however we can” mentality far too much. What’s our system, what’s our identity? We’ve got nothing as far as I’m concerned. We don’t press properly and we don’t retreat into a solid shape. We don’t counter, we don’t build up patiently. Hope and luck is all I think when it comes to our play at the moment.

If he turns it around and we start thrashing teams and storming up the league then I’ll be delighted. Most fans don’t care who the manager is when things are going well. only becomes an issue when we are performing terribly.

Normally I would agree. Just something feels different about this one. It may be that people were in the hump about Lennon going. Or that they wanted our first choice Appleton. But some just never took to this guy. Face hasnt fit. Happens in all lines of work I suppose.

Steve88
20-09-2019, 03:36 PM
Where is this reported?

They had a journalist at the HTC Live just after my initial post on this. Reporter made a comment about something happening in training and then Stevenson saying it's just people getting things off their chest. Must off been by pure chance the reporter seen it as part of the sky sports pre match coverage

I've just watched the PH sky video, he makes reference to players in training "being honest with each other" followed by a small laugh/smirk..

Steve88
20-09-2019, 03:40 PM
That's all we need.

Maybe I'm a tad optimistic... but at least some of the players care

3pm
20-09-2019, 03:46 PM
Personally couldn't give a **** if people like Heckingbottom or not. He's not here to win a popularity contest

Or games by the look of it.

we are hibs
20-09-2019, 04:32 PM

Well i mean this is just nonsense. A manager doesnt have to be universally liked but he does need to win games, sign good players and play a style of football the fans want to see. He does none.

Fuzzywuzzy
20-09-2019, 04:47 PM

Barely here to win games!!🤣🤣

hibeerealist
20-09-2019, 05:01 PM

Well he is certainly not winning that!!!

Sammy7nil
20-09-2019, 06:06 PM
That's all we need.

They had a journalist at the HTC Live just after my initial post on this. Reporter made a comment about something happening in training and then Stevenson saying it's just people getting things off their chest. Must off been by pure chance the reporter seen it as part of the sky sports pre match coverage

I've just watched the PH sky video, he makes reference to players in training "being honest with each other" followed by a small laugh/smirk..

That is exactly what we need everyone needs to know their job and what's is required to compete in a Derby.

Captain Trips
20-09-2019, 06:34 PM
That is exactly what we need everyone needs to know their job and what's is required to compete in a Derby.

They are football players who have football matches to play if any of them need to know stuff or need others to point out anything that has not already occurred to them then they really should think about doing other things with life. Probably though not a job though as if folk are having difficulty getting to grips with their role in a football match I would suggest signing on and claiming some sort of benefits.

bingo70
20-09-2019, 06:37 PM
I take it you need to have Sky to watch this interview?

I’ve got sky sports on virgin media but doesn’t seem to be on any of the on demand channels.

Captain Trips
20-09-2019, 06:42 PM
PH has only one thing to say or do and that's between KO and FT as not a lot of what he has said has occurred.

Sammy7nil
20-09-2019, 06:44 PM
They are football players who have football matches to play if any of them need to know stuff or need others to point out anything that has not already occurred to them then they really should think about doing other things with life. Probably though not a job though as if folk are having difficulty getting to grips with their role in a football match I would suggest signing on and claiming some sort of benefits.

Have you ever played team sports? I good honest shouting arguments can definitely help.

Captain Trips
20-09-2019, 06:52 PM
Have you ever played team sports? I good honest shouting arguments can definitely help.

You said everyone needs to know their job, shouting etc is fine I accept things will get heated that's not what was stated.

I am saying if players do not know what's required why are they playing? What have shouting arguments got to do with a player who doesn't know what they are doing?

Shouting and arguing with one another over certain aspects of training or a match is fine. Folk needing what their role is pointed out is something very very different from telling a player you were pish sort it.

ToulouseHibs
20-09-2019, 07:01 PM
Its Hibs. vs Hearts....... Hecky mate, this is the match to get our season started. Better late than never!! Let's do them and see what we can do off the back of a derby win. GGTTH

20-09-2019, 07:19 PM
PH has only one thing to say or do and that's between KO and FT as not a lot of what he has said has occurred.

Eh?

Captain Trips
20-09-2019, 07:27 PM
Eh?

Eh? Not a lot of what PH has said has occurred has it? What he says or does between KO and FT is what matters. Made sense to me.

GreenOnions
20-09-2019, 07:27 PM

... says the person who likes good honest shouting arguments.

People are different. Some respond to that some will reject it. Personally - I'd reject it.

20-09-2019, 07:40 PM
Eh? Not a lot of what PH has said has occurred has it? What he says or does between KO and FT is what matters. Made sense to me.

I now understand what you are meaning but before I couldn't work out what was the one thing he has say or do.

Speedway
20-09-2019, 07:53 PM
He’s wearing a dark blue and maroon top in that interview.

What more evidence do you need?

Captain Trips
20-09-2019, 08:25 PM
I now understand what you are meaning but before I couldn't work out what was the one thing he has say or do.

No probs

DavieRoy
20-09-2019, 08:37 PM
I take it you need to have Sky to watch this interview?

I’ve got sky sports on virgin media but doesn’t seem to be on any of the on demand channels.

I think you need a Sky box for it mate.

Some other decent derby related highlights and archive on there.

Sammy7nil
20-09-2019, 09:03 PM
You said everyone needs to know their job, shouting etc is fine I accept things will get heated that's not what was stated.

I am saying if players do not know what's required why are they playing? What have shouting arguments got to do with a player who doesn't know what they are doing?

Shouting and arguing with one another over certain aspects of training or a match is fine. Folk needing what their role is pointed out is something very very different from telling a player you were pish sort it.

Okay I agree they should all have had a sit down with a nice cup of Yorkshire tea a couple of Kipling French Fancies each and agree they all know their job so no need for home truths.

Captain Trips
20-09-2019, 09:13 PM
Okay I agree they should all have had a sit down with a nice cup of Yorkshire tea a couple of Kipling French Fancies each and agree they all know their job so no need for home truths.

They do know their jobs why wouldn't they? They are paid to do a job how can they not know what is required from them? Are they totally devoid of a brain?

Why should a player need told about the importance of a game? This is a basic function. If the players are having a go at each other because they don't think they are doing the job well enough that's fine. A player knowing how to go about there business and how they go about it are very different things.

Sammy7nil
20-09-2019, 09:24 PM
They do know their jobs why wouldn't they? They are paid to do a job how can they not know what is required from them? Are they totally devoid of a brain?

Why should a player need told about the importance of a game? This is a basic function. If the players are having a go at each other because they don't think they are doing the job well enough that's fine. A player knowing how to go about there business and how they go about it are very different things.

Again I agree with you when Pep calls it a day i vote for you to take over. No smiley face no winking you are the man.

Captain Trips
20-09-2019, 09:26 PM
Again I agree with you when Pep calls it a day i vote for you to take over. No smiley face no winking you are the man.

Thanks I appreciate that. Unfortunately I couldn't ask you in to assist me as not sure you understand some of the concepts and differences of knowing how to do stuff and actually doing stuff like me and Pep will.

Sammy7nil
20-09-2019, 09:27 PM
Thanks I appreciate that.

No probs :aok: :not worth

Captain Trips
20-09-2019, 09:31 PM
No probs :aok: :not worth

I would want a 12 month pay off in any contract.

Sammy7nil
20-09-2019, 09:32 PM

You could have a ten year pay off clause and with my recommendation you are a shoo in.

20-09-2019, 09:36 PM

You could have a ten year pay off clause and with my recommendation you are a shoo in.

Get a room!

A padded one. :cb

Captain Trips
20-09-2019, 09:37 PM
Get a room!

A padded one. :cb

Shut it :cb

Captain Trips
20-09-2019, 09:41 PM

Since I am decent:

Log onto Hibs.net
Look at the various subjects
Open one of the subjects that you feel you have an opinion on
After reading the messages place your message in response
Wait and see

20-09-2019, 09:46 PM
Shut it :cb

And throw away the key. :cb

Captain Trips
20-09-2019, 09:48 PM
And throw away the key. :cb

This has started to go as off topic as PHs pressing game.

The Harp Awakes
20-09-2019, 09:51 PM
I think Heck can say what he likes, but if he loses his next 2 games he's toast. In fact if he loses against Hearts he's probably toast.

The 'long term plan' stuff is cr@p. No excuse for getting horsed by the Huns, drawing with Stirling Albion and St Johnstone and losing meekly against Motherwell and Kilmarnock.

sixtwo
21-09-2019, 07:43 AM
My Anti depressants have kicked in!! If/ when we beat those *******s we will go straight into the top six and kick on!!’

Come on the cabbage!!!! Get intake they hearts basturts

erin go bragh
21-09-2019, 08:25 AM
My Anti depressants have kicked in!! If/ when we beat those *******s we will go straight into the top six and kick on!!’

Come on the cabbage!!!! Get intake they hearts basturts

Some can’t stole my Anti depressants,,, I hope their happy !

A win tomorrow could just be the turning point . Let’s get right behind the players and make ER a fortress again .

Lewiehas2
21-09-2019, 12:31 PM

You are forgiven mate. I'll be at the Harp & Castle after the game, you're welcome to buy me an apology pint IF we win tomorrow :greengrin Just kidding, hope you enjoy the game bud!