PDA

View Full Version : Ojo Injured Again

Ardenttwo
19-09-2019, 02:57 PM
Thing we dodged a bullet with this injury prone guy. Out for three months this time

Steven79
19-09-2019, 03:00 PM
Thing we dodged a bullet with this injury prone guy. Out for three months this time

Injury prone and likes to get cards.

And we were pinning on all hopes on him?

Malthibby
19-09-2019, 03:01 PM

Indeed. no harm to the guy but he won't be spending much time playing before 2020.

Hermit Crab
19-09-2019, 03:05 PM
That means he won't be playing against us i a few weeks, we can't boo him now. :greengrin

The Harp
19-09-2019, 04:05 PM
Injury prone and likes to get cards.

Yeah, get well cards.

calumhibee1
19-09-2019, 04:10 PM

Yeah, get well cards.

:greengrin

Keith_M
19-09-2019, 04:13 PM

Sounds perfect for our squad

:duck:

😏

douglashibs
19-09-2019, 04:17 PM
That means he won't be playing against us i a few weeks, we can't boo him now. :greengrin

We can boo our own players instead. :devil:

Since452
19-09-2019, 04:22 PM
We can boo our own players instead. :devil:

We do that anyway

The Leith Dutch
19-09-2019, 06:56 PM

It's good to have some positive news in terms of we could have been lumbered with this.

For what it's worth I actually think Vela might turn out to be a good player if either PH or his replacement starts playing a midfield.
I think he's been hung out to dry in a lot of games trying to hold the midfield together while we select 5 attackers none of who can tackle.

From what I've seen of him I think he could do what Barry Ferguson used to do for the Hun and be that guy that's always available to recycle the ball through.
I know a lot of folk don't like that role but I do in the right sort of team.

Hopefully turns out that Vela > Ojo :)

Since452
19-09-2019, 07:29 PM
Just scored for Rangers. He gets about

jacomo
19-09-2019, 08:01 PM
It's good to have some positive news in terms of we could have been lumbered with this.

For what it's worth I actually think Vela might turn out to be a good player if either PH or his replacement starts playing a midfield.
I think he's been hung out to dry in a lot of games trying to hold the midfield together while we select 5 attackers none of who can tackle.

From what I've seen of him I think he could do what Barry Ferguson used to do for the Hun and be that guy that's always available to recycle the ball through.

That would do us just fine, but as you say we need a better midfield balance.

Maybe, hopefully, Vela and Hallberg can work as a pair, with Scott ahead of them.

jacomo
19-09-2019, 08:11 PM

That would do us just fine, but as you say we need a better midfield balance.

Maybe, hopefully, Vela and Hallberg can work as a pair, with Scott ahead of them.

FilipinoHibs
20-09-2019, 12:46 AM

I have high Hope's for Vela too. Can clatter a player as well

SouthMoroccoStu
20-09-2019, 04:52 AM

Great post

judas
20-09-2019, 05:41 AM
Schadenfreude?

BILLYHIBS
20-09-2019, 06:28 AM
All of Heckys signings from the lower English leagues James Newell Vela Doidge and Jackson must now realise that the SPFL Premiership is different gravy.

They have now had time to settle and really need to do everything quicker think faster and be fitter and show more urgency than at anytime in their careers to date

They will find that out on Sunday in the hurley burley of an Edinburgh Derby

I agree Vela shows promise but he is not the DM midfield enforcer he has been shoehorned into so far this season

I also thought Hallberg showed a lot of nice touches on Saturday and took his goal with great composure and should only get better with improved fitness and gets to know his new colleagues

It is up to Hecky to get the best out of the squad he has assembled starting from Sunday

I would not be surprised if there are a few changes on Sunday as he needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat as it is now all about short term improved results at all costs

ahibby
20-09-2019, 01:58 PM
I would not be surprised if there are a few changes on Sunday as he needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat as it is now all about short term improved results at all costs

I agree about the short term results. More poor results will see us further away from top six, although they showed they can go from eighth to fifth fairly quickly, lightening might not strike twice. Also the talk about long term plans is a slight concern because they'll need short term results to help with that, many a mickle make a muckle, whatever that means.

j'adorehibs
20-09-2019, 07:50 PM
Jessica up front