17-09-2019, 10:03 PM
Longbangers Episode 11: Tesco Value Tam Cowan
✅ Killie loss reviewed
✅ Time up for Hecky?
✅ Things you’d rather
✅ P45 Derby preview
And more!

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/620dtcBRq9pbFcRnCBF4Sk?si=IPY9AnpjS-OZeQdMwN9Rsw

iTunes:
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/longbangers/id1474463560

Pedantic_Hibee
18-09-2019, 08:38 AM
SPOILER - There is a rant.

DaveF
18-09-2019, 08:42 AM
SPOILER - There is a rant.

There is indeed. And well justified.

Danderhall Hibs
18-09-2019, 09:24 AM
Just listening to the podcast and wondering why Lee and Brian think a “CDM” is so crucial? Maybe the others in the team need to do more?

1. Who was the “CDM” in the McGinn, McGeough and Allan midfield?
2. Who was CDM on 21/5/16?

The_Horde
18-09-2019, 09:27 AM
Just listening to the podcast and wondering why Lee and Brian think a “CDM” is so crucial? Maybe the others in the team need to do more?

Actually agree. I think Pedantic calls it spot on when he says the role takes someone who can read the game in that position more than brute force.

Although brute force does have a place at times too.

Danderhall Hibs
18-09-2019, 09:47 AM
Actually agree. I think Pedantic calls it spot on when he says the role takes someone who can read the game in that position more than brute force.

Although brute force does have a place at times too.

Absolutely - Sunday being the place for it.

Edinburgh Green
18-09-2019, 09:49 AM

I'd agree that a typical lCDM isn't as crucial as some folk are making out. One thing that you cannot go without is someone with a bit of drive and energy. someone who will chase and close down players when they don't have the ball and drive the team forward when they do have it.

In the 2 teams you mention, that player was McGinn, and at the tail end of the season it was Omeonga.

Danderhall Hibs
18-09-2019, 09:53 AM
I'd agree that a typical lCDM isn't as crucial as some folk are making out. One thing that you cannot go without is someone with a bit of drive and energy. someone who will chase and close down players when they don't have the ball and drive the team forward when they do have it.

In the 2 teams you mention, that player was McGinn, and at the tail end of the season it was Omeonga.

:agree: my point is the others need to do some graft. I thought that’s what Vela was supposed to bring us (the McGinn effect).

hibsbollah
18-09-2019, 11:11 AM
Disagree with the point being made in the podcast that the Heckbot is a ****ing idiot because he didn't want to play with a CDM but a deep lying playmaker instead. No. That's a very valid and sensible tactical proposition. He's a ****ing idiot as far as I'm concerned because of who he's chosen to play IN that role, not the tactic itself.

Also, the chat about Liam Craig being a better left mid than Zemmama needs locked in a box, triple bolted, put in one of those Blue Peter garden 'open in 500 years' time capsules with a note attached saying this opinion is pure ***** and belongs to an individual who has just ingested a ketamine sandwich.

Pedantic_Hibee
18-09-2019, 11:19 AM
Disagree with the point being made in the podcast that the Heckbot is a ****ing idiot because he didn't want to play with a CDM but a deep lying playmaker instead. No. That's a very valid and sensible tactical proposition. He's a ****ing idiot as far as I'm concerned because of who he's chosen to play IN that role, not the tactic itself.

Also, the chat about Liam Craig being a better left mid than Zemmama needs locked in a box, triple bolted, put in one of those Blue Peter garden 'open in 500 years' time capsules with a note attached saying this opinion is pure ***** and belongs to an individual who has just ingested a ketamine sandwich.

Agree with that, Bollah. I just didn’t explain it well.

hibsbollah
18-09-2019, 11:45 AM
Agree with that, Bollah. I just didn’t explain it well.

I do get your rage though:greengrin
I actually think Allan would do that role pretty well. It's not far off how Stubbs had him playing in the championship when you think about it. It's definitely not where Stevie Mallan should be playing, anyway.

snedzuk
18-09-2019, 12:40 PM
Absolutely - Sunday being the place for it.

Let's play Bartley- oh wait....

Danderhall Hibs
18-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Let's play Bartley- oh wait....

Mind you Lennon used to just play the 11 biggest players available when we went to Tiny and that never really worked.

DaveF
18-09-2019, 01:04 PM
Another good show. First time I've heard Lee and he was a very good addition despite his Liam Craig shout 😀

The 90+2
18-09-2019, 01:13 PM
Good show guys I agree with the most of it.

matty_f
18-09-2019, 03:05 PM

I think Lee took us all by surprise with the Liam Craig comment. :greengrin

Lmc2105
18-09-2019, 04:09 PM
I think Lee took us all by surprise with the Liam Craig comment. :greengrin

Looks lads it was a piss take comment as I did eventually agree that Zememma was the stand out 😂😎

Lmc2105
18-09-2019, 04:12 PM
Another good show. First time I've heard Lee and he was a very good addition despite his Liam Craig shout 😀

Haha cheers Dave! Appreciated mate! Take the Liam Craig comment with a pinch of salt of course :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
18-09-2019, 04:14 PM
Great podcast that makes me laugh, apart from the bad jokes at the start, they don’t make me laugh, at all, they’re bad, very bad.

04Sauzee
18-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Think matty_f could do a jokebook, stocking filler at xmas with procedes going to the community trust or similar 😁

matty_f
18-09-2019, 04:33 PM
Great podcast that makes me laugh, apart from the bad jokes at the start, they don’t make me laugh, at all, they’re bad, very bad.

:greengrin they get the podcast going though!

matty_f
18-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Think matty_f could do a jokebook, stocking filler at xmas with procedes going to the community trust or similar 😁

I think we’d end up costing the foundation money, to be honest. :greengrin

Lmc2105
18-09-2019, 05:08 PM

Please don’t encourage this he sees it as a future career 😂

DaveF
18-09-2019, 05:12 PM
I'm loving pedantics negativity. Music to my miserable ears 😁

The 90+2
18-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Melting Johns been used all over the place 😂😂

Pedantic_Hibee
18-09-2019, 06:01 PM

I’m listening to it just now and I’m actually depressing myself listening to me. Sakes 😩

Pedantic_Hibee
18-09-2019, 06:01 PM

That’s the winner 😂😂

bingo70
18-09-2019, 06:07 PM
I’m listening to it just now and I’m actually depressing myself listening to me. Sakes 😩

FWIW I thought your rant was spot on.

As for the defensive midfielder or holding midfielder argument, we should have both.

There’s times we need a defensive midfielder and theres times we want to be playing on the front foot all the time, it’s a squad game now so it shouldn’t be one or the other in the squad.

matty_f
18-09-2019, 06:21 PM

:faf: I’ve heard it a couple of times since as well.

matty_f
18-09-2019, 06:23 PM

I think we were all pretty down about things, i felt it was a very honest discussion.