PDA

View Full Version : Application, Attitude, then the win will come

HibeesLittleHel
17-09-2019, 07:30 AM
Putting aside the obvious disgruntlement with the current management I believe what is required is in the title. Application and attitude would see Hibs start to turn the corner. Right now it’s flat with slow play, misplaced passes and being caught on the ball. Flip that, get stuck in, move the ball and yourselves and take the game to the opposition. I agree with Heckinbottom when he bemoans the failure to win the personal battles, Lennon said the same. We lack leadership on the pitch someone who will kick ass and motivate. Come on Hibs refocus and push on. Pride in the jersey pride in the club and the fans will get behind you!! What better time to do it than Sunday against them 🇳🇬😀🇳🇬

worcesterhibby
17-09-2019, 07:53 AM
Curry, Lager, kebab on the way home and the wind will come.

Time For Heroes
17-09-2019, 08:14 AM
Beans and the wind will come.

SMAXXA
17-09-2019, 08:16 AM
Putting aside the obvious disgruntlement with the current management I believe what is required is in the title. Application and attitude would see Hibs start to turn the corner. Right now it’s flat with slow play, misplaced passes and being caught on the ball. Flip that, get stuck in, move the ball and yourselves and take the game to the opposition. I agree with Heckinbottom when he bemoans the failure to win the personal battles, Lennon said the same. We lack leadership on the pitch someone who will kick ass and motivate. Come on Hibs refocus and push on. Pride in the jersey pride in the club and the fans will get behind you!! What better time to do it than Sunday against them 🇳🇬😀🇳🇬

Good post 👍

Jim44
17-09-2019, 08:30 AM
A good well-intentioned post, unfortunately weakened and likely to be ridiculed because of a typo. C’mon, admins, fix the title. Then again, maybe a bit of light relief is no bad thing at the moment.

The 90+2
17-09-2019, 08:32 AM
I really hope so. The wind of change would be wonderful.

FilipinoHibs
17-09-2019, 08:47 AM
The answer is blowing in the wind

Wilson
17-09-2019, 09:50 AM
Hecky's team certainly blows.

Torto7
17-09-2019, 10:39 AM
Honkingbottom indeed.

heid the baw
17-09-2019, 10:50 AM
I agree with the OP. Like it or not, changing manager is not always the answer. Sure you will get the dead cat bounce, but soon you will be back to the usual malaise of misplaced passes, lack of skill ect. Add a few injuries and some bad luck and we are back to the bottom of the snake.
Lennon was the biggest name we have attracted to the post, but he was never going to stick around. I was never sold on Heckingbottom, but the problem is that we are looking in the same pool of managers as comprable size clubs and most of the candidates are average at best. You have to uncover a hidden gem.
Back in 2010 the board overlooked the obvious rising star of O'Neill because they did not want yet another ex-player. As a result they hired Calderwood and in my opinion made the biggest error ever in appointment. That time even the bounce failed to happen.
Heckingbottom is no Calderwood and that comparison is hugely unfair, but he is also no Lennon and never will be.
Hibs should have someone within the club tasked with tracking up and coming managers in comparable or lower divisions so that when we do have a manager vacancy, we have scope to widen the net beyond the usual suspects.

Paisley Hibby
17-09-2019, 07:55 PM
Calderwood, Fenlon then Butcher. What a run of appointments that was 😵