A thread for amateur mixologists to share ideas 🙂

Came up with this tonight:

50ml London dry gin
25ml buttermilk
1tsp approx golden syrup
Half an egg white
Nutmeg
Cinnamon

Dry shake wet ingredients and egg white for around 15 seconds then add ice to your shaker and shake for another 15.

Strain into a frozen martini or coupe glass, then sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon.

Reminds me of the best bits of an egg custard tart with a boozy kick.

speedy_gonzales
17-09-2019, 10:43 AM
I have zero experience in creating drinks but I was encouraged to come up with a cocktail for a charity "do";

1 part dark rum
1 part light/white rum
2 parts pineapple juice
1 part orange juice

Shake & serve over ice

Lace over grenadine and blue Curacao.

I'm not sure how I came up with that mix, but it didn't taste half bad, very similar to a candy dummy you'd buy when on your hols at Blackpool,,,, it also won the charity comp!

Pretty Boy
17-09-2019, 11:39 AM
50ml gin
1/2 Teaspoon of honey
Dash Angostura Bitters
stir with plenty ice
Serve in a martini glass topped up with a splash of pink grapefruit juice, topped up with prosecco and garnished with a a pink grapefruit wedge.

50ml Big peat Whisky (other heavily peated whiskies will do)
Dash chocolate bitters
10ml Port
10ml blended whisky
Shake with ice then strain into a rocks glass with a big chunk of ice

Onceinawhile
17-09-2019, 02:07 PM
25ml havana club especial
175 ml Pepsi max.

Pour it in a glass.

Drink.

Just_Jimmy
17-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Pint please...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
17-09-2019, 04:09 PM
Has anyone tried a pint of Guinness with a measure or two of Tia Maria?

I had never heard of it until it was mentioned by someone recently but I was reminded of it again today.

It's meant to be lovely.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-09-2019, 06:08 PM

I had never heard of it until it was mentioned by someone recently but I was reminded of it again today.

It's meant to be lovely.

Blackbeard (https://lushapp.co/drinks/53-blackbeard)

Quite dangerous! Not using the measures indicated though!

Hibbyradge
17-09-2019, 07:01 PM
Blackbeard (https://lushapp.co/drinks/53-blackbeard)

Quite dangerous! Not using the measures indicated though!

I've had that a few times. It's very nice and very easy to drink.

Peevemor
17-09-2019, 07:09 PM

It's meant to be lovely.Once done a similar thing but with port instead of Tia Maria. It goes down a treat (too well in fact), but it gave me the worst hangover I've ever had.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-09-2019, 07:58 PM
Once done a similar thing but with port instead of Tia Maria. It goes down a treat (to well in fact), but it gave me the worst hangover I've ever had.

Blackbeards do the same! 😩

Smartie
17-09-2019, 09:38 PM
Half pint of Guinness.

Two shots of Irish Whiskey.

Drop a shot of Baileys into it and neck it asap as it curdles.

The "Irish car bomb".

Not quite a cocktail but I've had some fun with those in my time. Separates the men from the boys on football team nights out.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-09-2019, 10:18 PM
Half pint of Guinness.

The "Irish car bomb".

Not quite a cocktail but I've had some fun with those in my time. Separates the men from the boys on football team nights out.

I think that gets a mention further down the page on the link I posted earlier.

Scouse Hibee
17-09-2019, 10:24 PM
Blackbeards do the same! 😩

I had several of them a few years ago the worst head the next day I can ever remember. All a distant memory now though, bevvy really has lost it’s appeal to me and certainly the big sessions,had no more than six pints in the last eight months, changed days I tell you.

Hibrandenburg
18-09-2019, 10:48 AM
Once done a similar thing but with port instead of Tia Maria. It goes down a treat (too well in fact), but it gave me the worst hangover I've ever had.

Isn't that a Black Velvet?

Edit: just googled it and Black Velvet is Guinness and champagne.

Peevemor
18-09-2019, 11:15 AM
Isn't that a Black Velvet?

Edit: just googled it and Black Velvet is Guinness and champagne.

At the time I was told it was called a depth charge, but I'm not sure that's right either.

MagicSwirlingShip
18-09-2019, 04:24 PM
Big fan of tequila so here’s my current summer favourite;

50ml Tequila (A decent Reposado - Ocho / Arette / Tapatio)
50ml Pineapple Juice
25ml Fresh lime juice
12.5ml Agave Syrup
1 egg white

Dry shake. Add cubed ice. Shake & Strain.

Enjoy 🍍

patch1875
18-09-2019, 06:48 PM
Nothing beats a Pina Colada.

lord bunberry
19-09-2019, 12:38 AM
I disagree. A well made Bloody Mary is a thing to die for.

MagicSwirlingShip
19-09-2019, 01:13 AM

Not really a drink for the beach though is it?

lyonhibs
19-09-2019, 07:04 AM
A well made Old Fashioned is divine, ditto a mojito.

Generally prefer the more "fruity" end of the cocktail range, to avoid some multiple booze varieties petrol-substitute thing that I sometime read on a cocktail menu and get a shiver just thinking about it.

In general though, mine's a pint :greengrin

MagicSwirlingShip
19-09-2019, 07:41 AM
A well made Old Fashioned is divine, ditto a mojito.

Generally prefer the more "fruity" end of the cocktail range, to avoid some multiple booze varieties petrol-substitute thing that I sometime read on a cocktail menu and get a shiver just thinking about it.

In general though, mine's a pint :greengrin

Ever tried a treacle mate? A old fashioned variant, with Dark Jamaican Rum instead of Bourbon, and a splash of fresh apple juice. Absolutely Devine.

Jones28
19-09-2019, 12:14 PM
Half pint of Guinness.

The "Irish car bomb".

Holy ****

Northernhibee
19-09-2019, 01:12 PM
Let a fresh jalapeño (stab it with a fork a couple of times first) steep in the coconut milk for an hour beforehand. You’re welcome.

calumhibee1
19-09-2019, 01:56 PM
Let a fresh jalapeño (stab it with a fork a couple of times first) steep in the coconut milk for an hour beforehand. You’re welcome.

You disgust me.

I think...

Definitely trying this.

lyonhibs
19-09-2019, 02:21 PM
Holy ****

I remember explaining gently to an American girl that her plans to go to Dublin and ask for an "Irish car bomb" in the bars would quite possibly not end well and she had no idea why that might be :rolleyes:

Sounds vile and the probable state of your guts and head the morning after is unimaginable

Northernhibee
27-09-2019, 09:04 PM
50ml gin
125ml pineapple juice
1tsp sriracha hot sauce

Shake vigorously over ice, strain into a glass with ice. Garnish with fresh pineapple.

So simple but really, really delicious.

Sylar
30-09-2019, 08:02 PM
I remember explaining gently to an American girl that her plans to go to Dublin and ask for an "Irish car bomb" in the bars would quite possibly not end well and she had no idea why that might be :rolleyes:

Sounds vile and the probable state of your guts and head the morning after is unimaginable

I was with an American acquaintance (someone I met at a conference) in a bar in Dublin a few years back and he asked for a Black and Tan (not really a cocktail per se, but a mixing of light and dark beers) - as soon as I heard the word "...and..." I tried to stop him but the word "tan" isn't very long. It was like a movie-scene moment - everyone around the bar turned utterly silent and looked at him.

Safe to say the pint he got instead (after being told politely that his request wasn't welcome) was downed quickly and he moved on (I stayed put, as the folk around the bar made it quite clear my face/reaction were a picture, and ended up having a great night).

Cocktail of choice is a well made Long Island Iced Tea (though some people just dump alcohol into them), a mojito or a caipirinha.

Jones28
05-10-2019, 07:03 AM
I was with an American acquaintance (someone I met at a conference) in a bar in Dublin a few years back and he asked for a Black and Tan (not really a cocktail per se, but a mixing of light and dark beers) - as soon as I heard the word "...and..." I tried to stop him but the word "tan" isn't very long. It was like a movie-scene moment - everyone around the bar turned utterly silent and looked at him.

Safe to say the pint he got instead (after being told politely that his request wasn't welcome) was downed quickly and he moved on (I stayed put, as the folk around the bar made it quite clear my face/reaction were a picture, and ended up having a great night).

Cocktail of choice is a well made Long Island Iced Tea (though some people just dump alcohol into them), a mojito or a caipirinha.

What’s the significance of Black and Tan?

Pretty Boy
05-10-2019, 07:51 AM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_and_Tans

pollution
05-10-2019, 06:52 PM

Upgrade that to a Caesar for me!

Scouse Hibee
06-10-2019, 05:15 AM

Was wondering that myself, every day is a school day now that I’ve googled it.

Jones28
10-10-2019, 08:29 AM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_and_Tans

Thanks PB, ever days a school day

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-10-2019, 11:54 AM

That could've worked out much worse! 😱

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Long Island Iced Teas in The Belgrade Bartenders Association Bar take some beating! 🍸