PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Prentice

Carheenlea
16-09-2019, 07:28 PM
Former Hearts player Bobby Prentice has passed away aged just 65. Just before my time but a player I’ve heard older Hearts supporters talk fondly of.

BILLYHIBS
16-09-2019, 07:31 PM
Former Hearts player Bobby Prentice has passed away aged just 65. Just before my time but a player I’ve heard older Hearts supporters talk fondly of.

Sad news

Tricky quick winger

Thoughts go out to his family

RIP

Hiber-nation
16-09-2019, 07:54 PM
RIP Rab.

Good guy, he used to join us now and then for a game up the Meadows with Malky Robertson.

JimBHibees
16-09-2019, 07:56 PM
Very skilful winger who was a real handful on his day.

RIP.

Greencore
16-09-2019, 08:00 PM
Rest in peace.

Hermit Crab
16-09-2019, 08:01 PM
More bad news as Jim Jeffries has had a serious heart attack.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-legend-jim-jefferies-suffers-serious-heart-attack-while-playing-golf-at-gullane-1-5005438

Skol
16-09-2019, 08:03 PM
I remember seeing him in an U23 game at Tynecastle when Andy Gray scored a hat trick of headers. Pretty Sure Prentice scored one and created some.

A minutes silence on Sunday please.

Skol
16-09-2019, 08:10 PM
Not a bad team that night

http://www.fitbastats.com/scotlandu23/game.php?gameid=40

hfc rd
16-09-2019, 08:12 PM
R.i.p.

Greenworld
16-09-2019, 08:18 PM
Liked watching him play real old fashioned winger and fast

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
16-09-2019, 08:24 PM
RIP. An old fashioned tricky winger, good player on his day.

hibby6270
16-09-2019, 08:46 PM
RIP.
Never used to relish the prospect of him and Donald Ford playing against us mid 70s.
For those who remember, he was their equivalent to our Arthur Duncan at the time.
Had the gift of speed and a decent left foot cross.

Fanforlife
16-09-2019, 09:27 PM
R.I.P Bobby Prentice,was a very good player.

heretoday
16-09-2019, 09:40 PM
Skilful player. I've nothing but good feelings now for all those players from the 60s and 70s including poor old Jim Jefferies. There were some great characters then and the game was more fun for sure.

Roxyhibee
16-09-2019, 09:54 PM
Remember him well. Very tricky skilful player.

One of the few true entertainers at Tynie in the 70’s.

kaimendhibs
17-09-2019, 01:27 AM
RIP.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
17-09-2019, 01:35 AM
Bless his loved one's at this time.

I recall being at the first derby at Tynecastle the season after our 7-0, when the Jambos, with a certain Bobby Prentice in their line up, hammered us 4-1. The said Bobby Prentice put in a superb shift. My Jambo mate and next door neighbour, Tam, was beside himself with joy, rubbing it in no end.
Those were the days when both sets of supporters could stand side by side on the terraces and expect to receive nothing more than banter and the occasional jibe from the more inebriated. My uncle Derek was a staunch Jambo, but when the Jambos were playing away, he stood with my other Hibby uncles in all weathers at Easter Road.
Changed days indeed!

CMurdoch
17-09-2019, 02:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOeu2PHoreU

Sad to be gone at 65.
No much footage available of the guys from his era.
20 years old in this great clip against Dundee from 73'.
He lived Mayfield and got the public bus into Edinburgh for matches.
A different time.
RIP Bobby Prentice.

Widhibs
17-09-2019, 05:23 AM

I recall being at the first derby at Tynecastle the season after our 7-0, when the Jambos, with a certain Bobby Prentice in their line up, hammered us 4-1. The said Bobby Prentice put in a superb shift. My Jambo mate and next door neighbour, Tam, was beside himself with joy, rubbing it in no end.
Those were the days when both sets of supporters could stand side by side on the terraces and expect to receive nothing more than banter and the occasional jibe from the more inebriated. My uncle Derek was a staunch Jambo, but when the Jambos were playing away, he stood with my other Hibby uncles in all weathers at Easter Road.
Changed days indeed!

My dad said he done similar going to Tynecastle with friends on our away days in the 70s and early 80s, changed days indeed! Oh, he also said Bobby Prentice was one of the few highlights for them back then and he was amazing to watch play at times.

Hibeewilly
17-09-2019, 08:15 AM
RIP Rab..... one of life's good guys

heretoday
17-09-2019, 08:30 AM

Changed days indeed!

Loads of folk did that in those days because a football match was a bigger event than it is now and you were able to watch better players on the park. People have more "leisure options" on a weekend like shopping in huge malls and eating unhealthy food all day.

We used to encounter the same father/child groups at ER one week and at Tynie the next! Happy days.

I feel sorry for folk who have known nothing but the second-rate stuff we have to watch now.

Bostonhibby
17-09-2019, 08:35 AM
RIP.
Never used to relish the prospect of him and Donald Ford playing against us mid 70s.
For those who remember, he was their equivalent to our Arthur Duncan at the time.
Had the gift of speed and a decent left foot cross.Yep, decent player, sorry to hear about his death.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

thebakerboy
17-09-2019, 09:07 AM
I remember seeing him in an U23 game at Tynecastle when Andy Gray scored a hat trick of headers. Pretty Sure Prentice scored one and created some.

A minutes silence on Sunday please.
I was at that game and had forgotten about Grays hat trick but will never forget Prentices goal beating 2 players on the byline and scoring.