PDA

View Full Version : NHC 'The safest job in world football'

G B Young
16-09-2019, 04:38 PM
Amid Michael Stewart's weekly 'put the boot into Levein' comments on Sportscene last night he claimed that Levein has 'the safest job in world football' because he's also director of football (and while he didn't say as much, he clearly feels Budge will never sack him).

Is this true? Can anyone suggest a safer job in world football?

jacomo
16-09-2019, 04:40 PM
Michael Stewart is loving it right now.

No love lost between him and Levein.

tonyrougier123
16-09-2019, 04:41 PM
George craig 😜👀💸💸💸

Smartie
16-09-2019, 04:42 PM
Stevie "Undroppable" Mallan must surely have a safer job?

The constant in a season and a bit of inept midfield performances.

Hibbyradge
16-09-2019, 04:47 PM
Tam McCourt

matty_f
16-09-2019, 04:55 PM
You'll struggle to find a safer one when he's the person charged with deciding if he's doing a good enough job or not. :faf:

Bostonhibby
16-09-2019, 04:56 PM
The Easter Road Seagulls, untouchable.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
16-09-2019, 05:11 PM
Let’s just say if someone else has the results he’s had, they would have been replaced.

cabbageandribs1875
16-09-2019, 05:27 PM
Craigy has naked pics of the budge, so it's rumoured anyway

Callum_62
16-09-2019, 05:54 PM
Craigy has naked pics of the budge, so it's rumoured anywayDidn't she send them to him? [emoji102]

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

tamig
16-09-2019, 06:03 PM
Just ripped into him again on Sportsound. They are talking Hibs now with big Marv on having his say.

Smartie
16-09-2019, 06:08 PM
Just ripped into him again on Sportsound. They are talking Hibs now with big Marv on having his say.

Marv is brilliant.

Q - "Would Hibs be as soft if you were still there?"

Marv "Probably, as I'd still be on the bench."

hibbydog
16-09-2019, 06:08 PM
Marv is brilliant.

Brilliant

BILLYHIBS
16-09-2019, 06:11 PM
Rocky

Hibbyradge
16-09-2019, 06:18 PM
Marv is brilliant.

:faf:

wookie70
16-09-2019, 06:37 PM
Stevie "Undroppable" Mallan must surely have a safer job?

The constant in a season and a bit of inept midfield performances.

Of that one and a half seasons the first he was player of the year and the second is 2 months or so old

The 90+2
16-09-2019, 06:45 PM
Marv is brilliant.

:greengrin amazing.

Sammy7nil
16-09-2019, 06:51 PM
Stewart basically said CL is power a crazy megalomaniac who tried to take over D Utd in the same way he has at Hearts.

Leith Green
16-09-2019, 06:55 PM
Of that one and a half seasons the first he was player of the year and the second is 2 months or so old

It says more about the lack of quality throughout the squad last season that Mallan was player of the year. He had a really good start , before struggling to offer much at all the remainder of the season. To be fair to him he did seem to improve as a team player towards the end of last season although that has disappeared this season. I honestly think Mallan is bang average at best and capable of the odd flash of brilliance. He is nowhere near good enough and lacks to many key attributes to be playing centre midfield if we have aspirations of challenging at the top end of the table

Sammy7nil
16-09-2019, 07:35 PM
Klopp or Pep

16-09-2019, 07:41 PM
Amid Michael Stewart's weekly 'put the boot into Levein' comments on Sportscene last night he claimed that Levein has 'the safest job in world football' because he's also director of football (and while he didn't say as much, he clearly feels Budge will never sack him).

Is this true? Can anyone suggest a safer job in world football?

There is one safer job in world football than the Hearts head coach and that is the Hearts director of football.

jacomo
16-09-2019, 10:01 PM

:agree:

The problem is that the balance this season is all wrong.

It’s not really a problem of Mallan’s making but him and Allan aren’t doing very well together in the same midfield. Then you’ve got Newell and Fraser Murray probably behind them in the pecking order.

Under Stubbs we used to argue formation in the run up to games - some bemoaning his favoured diamond.

Under Lennon we’d be perplexed at his tactics sometimes and praising them at others.

Hecky tinkered with it to decent effect last season but now it just looks all wrong.

Mallan does seem undroppable right now even though the goals have dried up.

jacomo
16-09-2019, 10:02 PM
There is one safer job in world football than the Hearts head coach and that is the Hearts director of football.

Hearts CEO.

Diclonius
17-09-2019, 11:05 AM
I have a feeling Levein will be gone after Sunday regardless of the result.

G B Young
17-09-2019, 02:16 PM
You'll struggle to find a safer one when he's the person charged with deciding if he's doing a good enough job or not. :faf:

In theory he could sack himself as manager, appoint himself as caretaker and then re-appoint himself as manager if he picked up a couple of better results.

He's a remarkably arrogant individual and the possibility that he's just not that good a manager genuinely doesn't seem to enter his head - surprising when you consider his stats as national boss were the worst of any Scotland manager in history. This is shaping up to be his third consecutive dud season in the hotseat at Hearts which, when coupled with the fact he was responsible for the Cathro 'experiment' doesn't exactly make for an impressive managerial CV. As Michael Stewart points out, success is always 'just around the corner' with Levein.

G B Young
17-09-2019, 06:35 PM
From Gary Mackay's Evening News column:

Just like myself, Craig has never won a major honour in football and I think that will be a factor in Ann's thinking. I suspect her desire to see Craig succeed at Hearts is tainting her view on the job he is actually doing. Last season, getting to the Scottish Cup final and giving himself a chance of glory effectively bought him some time in a period when the league form was dropping off a cliff, and I feel the prospect of Craig winning the Betfred Cup will now be in her thinking. With that in mind, I think he’ll get, at the very least, to lead the team in the quarter-final against Aberdeen.

cabbageandribs1875
17-09-2019, 06:59 PM
Didn't she send them to him? [emoji102]

only by accident, Ambassador Locke was the intended recipient, daft auld bat text the wrong number

NC1875
17-09-2019, 07:27 PM
only by accident, Ambassador Locke was the intended recipient, daft auld bat text the wrong number

Aye she sent them to “Locked in the khazi” instead of “Locke”

Callum_62
18-09-2019, 08:21 AM
The Sun suggesting Steve Robinson is on there list to replace Levein

Bostonhibby
18-09-2019, 08:23 AM

Just like myself, Craig has never won a major honour in football and I think that will be a factor in Ann's thinking. I suspect her desire to see Craig succeed at Hearts is tainting her view on the job he is actually doing. Last season, getting to the Scottish Cup final and giving himself a chance of glory effectively bought him some time in a period when the league form was dropping off a cliff, and I feel the prospect of Craig winning the Betfred Cup will now be in her thinking. With that in mind, I think he’ll get, at the very least, to lead the team in the quarter-final against Aberdeen.Hope we get Betfred quarter final medals too, cannae just give one to Doctor football

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

CloudSquall
18-09-2019, 08:24 AM

Just like myself, Craig has never won a major honour in football

Truly orgasmic reading material.

Hibeesmad
18-09-2019, 08:24 AM
I have a feeling Levein will be gone after Sunday regardless of the result.

:agree: