PDA

View Full Version : James

Diclonius
16-09-2019, 01:29 PM
Forgot he could play as a DM.

When's he back, and would the manager play him there?

bigwheel
16-09-2019, 01:48 PM
Forgot he could play as a DM.

When's he back, and would the manager play him there?

He was on the bench on Saturday

bingo70
16-09-2019, 01:50 PM

Tbh I find that even more frustrating that we’ve spent the last of our limited budget on Naismith and not a defensive midfielder.

Diclonius
16-09-2019, 01:50 PM

Right enough. Let's hope that's what we have in mind because it could work.

bigwheel
16-09-2019, 01:57 PM
Tbh I find that even more frustrating that we’ve spent the last of our limited budget on Naismith and not a defensive midfielder.

One of the things that will always be in PH’s legacy here is that he chose not to sign a ball winning DM...I’ll never understand it .....

Walter
16-09-2019, 03:39 PM
One of the things that will always be in PH’s legacy here is that he chose not to sign a ball winning DM...I’ll never understand it .....

And let go of 2!

I for one really liked Milligan

BlackSheep
16-09-2019, 03:51 PM
And let go of 2!

I for one really liked Milligan

Milligan is our missing link in my opinion. The key to playing to our strengths is a player with a bit of grit in the midfield who can both tackle and pick out intelligent passes and distribution.

KWJ
16-09-2019, 04:39 PM
Milligan is our missing link in my opinion. The key to playing to our strengths is a player with a bit of grit in the midfield who can both tackle and pick out intelligent passes and distribution.

I agree. Thought it may be Vela but I have no idea what he is.

Stuart93
16-09-2019, 04:52 PM
Decent band but seen them at party at the palace last year and didn’t even play sit down. Was enraged.

FifeHibs
16-09-2019, 04:54 PM
I agree. Thought it may be Vela but I have no idea what he is.

Vela jogs about never looks like he is exerting himself or committed to winning anything.

ancient hibee
16-09-2019, 05:39 PM
Vela is strange.Doesn't pass,can't tackle but manages to get booked.Kind of runs around doing nothing,certainly not intercepting attacks (which was Milligan's strength in the middle of the park).I really don't know what his role is but that's not to single him out because that applies to a number of them.I can see no style or shape to the team at all.As for James as a DM it may be unfair of me as I've only seen him in the game he got injured but he couldn't tackle a fish supper and was constantly caught out by the ball going over his head.

Nicho87
16-09-2019, 05:49 PM
Vela is strange.Doesn't pass,can't tackle but manages to get booked.Kind of runs around doing nothing,certainly not intercepting attacks (which was Milligan's strength in the middle of the park).I really don't know what his role is but that's not to single him out because that applies to a number of them.I can see no style or shape to the team at all.As for James as a DM it may be unfair of me as I've only seen him in the game he got injured but he couldn't tackle a fish supper and was constantly caught out by the ball going over his head.

Yes.
James was caught out of position few times in the time he did play against saints. Like all of other signings made by him jury we’ll and truly out. Being linked with West Brom hardly a claim to fame. Hate saying but at hibs for a reason.

scm70nyd1973
17-09-2019, 05:40 AM
Decent band but seen them at party at the palace last year and didn’t even play sit down. Was enraged.

Well I am going to be a troll for the first time and say you are wrong coz I think that they were more than decent 😬🤭- there I’ve said it now and it is out there and no I am definitely not a Jambo and never will be 😁

BILLYHIBS
17-09-2019, 06:52 AM
Watched him closely versus Stirling Alloa Arbroath and St Mirren

Very good technically a good passer of the ball and scored an excellent goal versus Alloa

On the down side shows a lack of urgency and a lethargy that seems to haunt all of the Hecky signings

At Stirling he looked as if he was on his holidays and as others have said versus St Mirren kept casually wandering away from his man a tricky left winger giving him all the room of Albion Road the ball was repeatedly launched by the St Mirren midfield over his head and he did not have the pace to recover

Picked up a bad injury

Jury still out

All the above is of course imho :greengrin

kennyh
17-09-2019, 02:57 PM
Last

neil7908
17-09-2019, 03:42 PM
In all honesty I don't think letting Bartley or Milligan go was a mistake per se, we just haven't signed good enough players in that area of the park.

We might be marginally better off with one of those two in the squad but I don't think they would have turned our season around and both are of an age that would mean they'd likely be moved on sooner rather than later.

bod
17-09-2019, 06:57 PM
saw them live a few times,glad they don't just play the hits all the time