PDA

View Full Version : Midfield problem midfield in

biotech
16-09-2019, 10:20 AM
Given our much discussed midfield problems and lacking any budget to bring someone in. Could Stevenson do a temporary job there. Has energy and can tackle. All things we currently lack. Plus, he played midfield early in his career.

BlackSheep
16-09-2019, 10:21 AM
Who would cover at left back then....?

MrRobot
16-09-2019, 10:22 AM
i think stevenson would be great in that position, thought that for years but i’d rather we got somebody that actually plays that position so stevenson can stick to his.

Diclonius
16-09-2019, 10:24 AM
The fact that we're discussing moving players out of position to sort out the midfield is a sackable offense in itself. Why didn't we sign a ball-winning midfielder?!

Hibeewilly
16-09-2019, 10:33 AM
The fact that we're discussing moving players out of position to sort out the midfield is a sackable offense in itself. Why didn't we sign a ball-winning midfielder?!
We still can if money can be made available.... plenty of free agents.... Mulumbu in particular but it depends if the clubs hierarchy realise/accept how serious our situation is at the moment. We desperately need a natural goalscorer as well. We need to invest in two or three proven players at this level and quickly

16-09-2019, 10:43 AM
We still can if money can be made available.... plenty of free agents.... Mulumbu in particular but it depends if the clubs hierarchy realise/accept how serious our situation is at the moment. We desperately need a natural goalscorer as well. We need to invest in two or three proven players at this level and quickly

This. You took the words out of my mouth.

DJ HIBBY
16-09-2019, 10:46 AM

I would move Hanlon to left back. He is much better then Stevenson going forward.

biotech
16-09-2019, 10:50 AM

Think James could cover. Could have used Mackie if not for Hecky’s managerial genius!

Hibeesmad
16-09-2019, 10:59 AM
Should never have got rid of both Bartley and Milligan

jeffers
16-09-2019, 11:04 AM
Should never have got rid of both Bartley and Milligan

Disagree Milligan was poor and Bartley's time was up. The mistake was not signing replacements.

Northernhibee
16-09-2019, 11:11 AM
Think James could cover. Could have used Mackie if not for Hecky’s managerial genius!

Mackie is a million miles from first team level on a consistent basis.

The 90+2
16-09-2019, 11:12 AM
Lewis Stevenson as a midfield battler aye?

The 90+2
16-09-2019, 11:13 AM
Disagree Milligan was poor and Bartley's time was up. The mistake was not signing replacements.

Better than what’s there now. I would feel a lot more confident going to away games or the derby knowing Marvin was in the team that’s for sure.

MWHIBBIES
16-09-2019, 11:18 AM

We wouldn't be a better team with Lewis in the middle and Mackie at left back. Lewis is currently much better than Sean

biotech
16-09-2019, 11:21 AM

The problem with free agents is match fitness. We need a solution now, even a temporary one.

Hibeewilly
16-09-2019, 11:38 AM
The problem with free agents is match fitness. We need a solution now, even a temporary one.Yes I agree with that but hopefully as professionals they have kept themselves in good shape and match fitness would be gained quickly

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

J-C
16-09-2019, 11:50 AM
We shouldn't be discussing Lewis playing as a DM but remember he started off as a defensive minded left midfielder, now converted into a LB. The idea he can play DM isn't too ridiculous, he's a cracking tackler, generally very calm on the ball and reads the game fairly well but will PH change the team that radically, nope.