PDA

View Full Version : Derby day: Dempster take note:

Squirrel 1875
15-09-2019, 06:56 PM
Yet again, I’m sat here on a Sunday trying to get my head around yet another abject, abysmal performance from Hibernian FC under Paul Heckingbottom. Another performance underlying all the same frailties this joker has shown from day one. He has taken us so far backwards that days of challenging for second place, while playing entertaining football with players and staff who genuinely got the club, feel like another era, not a mere season and a half ago...

With the opinion on here having appeared to have shifted significantly in the past two weeks, it can be assumed that the fans have had enough. Of concern is that there doesn’t appear to be any sign of impatience at the club, with the mood music indicating that Dempster and co will stick with their man.

I don’t have to think back too long for memories of this club playing rubbish football, in front of crowds of 8,000 with players who didn’t care. We would even struggle to sell out derbies at Easter Road and the away end at Tynecastle.

I loved the feeling that those days were a distant memory, but I fear they maybe back with us once again. I imagine many of you feel the same.

Dempster comes across as a leader with zero motivation to change. Her leadership has gone stale as the club wanders aimlessly on the pitch guided by the fraudulent Heckingbottom and his squad of duds. I am now of the opinion that she should also go, alongside George Craig and Heckingbottom.

We as a fan base need to make it clear to those running the club that we’ve had enough of Heckinbottom on Sunday, win lose or draw. How do we do it? Do we, the fans, stage a protest before the game by not taking our seats for five minutes after kick off so the board are firmly reminded of the sorry state we were once in? Do we wait until after kick off to make our feelings clear? Would be interested to hear what people think, because I genuinely don’t want to see this club fall on its knees again, having worked so hard for years to get off them.

Dempster doesn’t appear to care. We the fans need to make sure she sits up and takes notice. Time for change.

3pm
15-09-2019, 06:58 PM
Not pitching up for the first 5 minutes on Sunday doesn't help anyone.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-09-2019, 07:01 PM
Struggling to sell out Tynie you say? Oh chinny-chin-chin...

Viva_Palmeiras
15-09-2019, 07:03 PM
I find it incredible that this Uzi spraying of anyone in the vicinity getting punted appears. Guess we’ll have more of it in and around the derby - it’s a bit of a laugh tho isn’t it?

Hermit Crab
15-09-2019, 07:06 PM

It wasn't that long ago we regularly never sold out Hearts away on one occasion only selling half our allocation (Casper game), more regularly one block left unsold.

Pretty Boy
15-09-2019, 07:10 PM

I don't think that's massively wide off the mark. I can recall being at Tynecastle in the not so distant past with our end half or 2/3s full. There certainly wasn't the scramble for tickets there is now and general sales weren't uncommon.

I could take issue with a few things in the OP but that probably isn't one of them.

Henderson2Del
15-09-2019, 07:13 PM
I think the OP has some valid points.

A Hi-Bee
15-09-2019, 07:14 PM
Yet again, I’m sat here on a Sunday trying to get my head around yet another abject, abysmal performance from Hibernian FC under Paul Heckingbottom. Another performance underlying all the same frailties this joker has shown from day one. He has taken us so far backwards that days of challenging for second place, while playing entertaining football with players and staff who genuinely got the club, feel like another era, not a mere season and a half ago...

With the opinion on here having appeared to have shifted significantly in the past two weeks, it can be assumed that the fans have had enough. Of concern is that there doesn’t appear to be any sign of impatience at the club, with the mood music indicating that Dempster and co will stick with their man.

I don’t have to think back too long for memories of this club playing rubbish football, in front of crowds of 8,000 with players who didn’t care. We would even struggle to sell out derbies at Easter Road and the away end at Tynecastle.

I loved the feeling that those days were a distant memory, but I fear they maybe back with us once again. I imagine many of you feel the same.

Dempster comes across as a leader with zero motivation to change. Her leadership has gone stale as the club wanders aimlessly on the pitch guided by the fraudulent Heckingbottom and his squad of duds. I am now of the opinion that she should also go, alongside George Craig and Heckingbottom.

We as a fan base need to make it clear to those running the club that we’ve had enough of Heckinbottom on Sunday, win lose or draw. How do we do it? Do we, the fans, stage a protest before the game by not taking our seats for five minutes after kick off so the board are firmly reminded of the sorry state we were once in? Do we wait until after kick off to make our feelings clear? Would be interested to hear what people think, because I genuinely don’t want to see this club fall on its knees again, having worked so hard for years to get off them.

Dempster doesn’t appear to care. We the fans need to make sure she sits up and takes notice. Time for change.

No really all that fussed about the derby, our problems will no be solved by beating that crap from tincastle, protest is all good although will not make any difference we now have a power struggle going on and its one the fans will not be allowed to win. I'll be staying away.

Wilson
15-09-2019, 07:14 PM
I think the OP has some valid points.

Yes. He is sat there on a Sunday.

Squirrel 1875
15-09-2019, 07:26 PM

And yet again I am accused of being a liar. It is a fact that we used to fail to sell the away end of Tynecastle out. The Casper game was one and I believe the Caldwell game was another.

Accusing posters of lying because you disagree with them is grossly offensive and yet another sign of this forum struggling to conduct free and fair debate. Not pleasant.

Steve20
15-09-2019, 07:30 PM
Lots of decent points, but not entering the stadium before the Derby is not a option. That’s the game we all need to be there early and let those ***** know we’re up for this.

If we let that shower beat us, doesn’t matter about the next lot of games. We shouldn’t put up with losing that game. There protest should be nothing compared to what we should do if we lose. But on the whole, our support just take endless amount of crap that we have to put up with.

Let’s just beat them.

DarlingtonHibee
15-09-2019, 07:41 PM

Ffs, demo....

Please show our ceo some respect, her name is leeann.

B.H.F.C
15-09-2019, 07:42 PM
Some valid points in the OP.

Dempster had plenty credit in the bank but it’s reducing rapidly at the moment. I don’t actually blame her too much for PH being rubbish because these things happen in football. But she has to recognise it and fix it. Add to that we’ve only heard from her properly a couple of times in the last six months. On one occasion she told us Oli Shaw is one of the best young players in Europe. And on the other occasion she told us we we had a good transfer window. Fans aren’t daft, don’t treat them like mugs.

lyonhibs
15-09-2019, 07:43 PM
And yet again I am accused of being a liar. It is a fact that we used to fail to sell the away end of Tynecastle out. The Casper game was one and I believe the Caldwell game was another.

Accusing posters of lying because you disagree with them is grossly offensive and yet another sign of this forum struggling to conduct free and fair debate. Not pleasant.

Your key point that you want Dempster herself to take note of is that you think she should be sacked. It's not exactly constructive advice is it?

The_Horde
15-09-2019, 07:46 PM
Your key point that you want Dempster herself to take note of is that you think she should be sacked. It's not exactly constructive advice is it?

I think you've missed the part of his post where he clearly switches from giving Dempster advice to talking to the support.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-09-2019, 08:00 PM

Deep down, I don’t think that the selling out of the away end at Tynie is the issue here but perhaps it’s all about definition of struggle and the proximity in Hibstorical terms of the said “struggle” - I do feel that Casper and Caldwell are distant memories but appreciate that’s probs wishful thinking and a subjective thing.

So in the brotherly spirit of a Sunday evening on the .net I apologise and do not wish to contribute to making this a worse place for Hibees to come.

MWHIBBIES
15-09-2019, 08:30 PM
No. I'll be supporting the team for 90 minutes, not 85.

DarlingtonHibee
15-09-2019, 08:33 PM
This

we are hibs
15-09-2019, 08:45 PM
Ffs, demo....

Not this ***** again.

Petrie got called petrie.

Farmer got called farmer.

Dempster gets called dempster.

Had all this ***** aimed at me not long ago too. Absolutely bizarre.

DarlingtonHibee
15-09-2019, 08:56 PM
You really are a class act....

15-09-2019, 08:57 PM

What makes you think Leeann doesn't care? Because what she thinks is best for the club isn't what you think is?

B.H.F.C
15-09-2019, 09:01 PM

Should all the players be referred to by their first names going forward? Should Flo be Florian, or are we allowed to use the shortened version in this instance?

Iain G
15-09-2019, 09:03 PM
For me the best times supporting Hibs have been after we have been relegated so I don't really see what this worry is all about. All this challenging for second or third lark is way too stressful for something that is supposed to be a fun and enjoyable part of your life. I miss the doughrings at East End Park...

My_Wife_Camille
15-09-2019, 09:07 PM
Should all the players be referred to by their first names going forward? Should Flo be Florian, or are we allowed to use the shortened version in this instance?
Paul Out

Torto7
15-09-2019, 09:10 PM
We'll struggle to all be in after 5 mins anyway once a near sell out gets near the turnstiles. :greengrin

Squirrel 1875
15-09-2019, 09:11 PM
What makes you think Leeann doesn't care? Because what she thinks is best for the club isn't what you think is?

Her deafening silence and sugar coating of Heckingbottom suggests to me she has lost touch with the role. How on earth can she describe the most recent transfer window as a success?

DarlingtonHibee
15-09-2019, 09:13 PM

Bit of respect for people saved the club, and have moved the club forward to where we are now.

Stadium

HTC

Scottish cup

Financially secure for the next generation to enjoy watching hibernian fc

Franck Stanton
15-09-2019, 09:16 PM

Can remember a derby at the pink shelter in the recent past when we only managed to sell out a third of the away stand so don't understand the " chiny-chi- chin comment"

B.H.F.C
15-09-2019, 09:18 PM
Bit of respect for people saved the club, and have moved the club forward to where we are now.

Stadium

HTC

Scottish cup

There isn’t a lack of respect in the first place. Are we disrespecting everybody else when we use their surnames?

Franck Stanton
15-09-2019, 09:19 PM

Easy solved, don't tell lies then

CapitalGreen
15-09-2019, 09:20 PM

Stadium

HTC

Scottish cup

Do you refer to the famous five by their first names only or is this privilege reserved solely for administrators and businessmen?

DarlingtonHibee
15-09-2019, 09:23 PM
Do you refer to the famous five by their first names only or is this privilege reserved solely for administrators and businessmen?

Not even going there, but I call my hero, pat

Squirrel 1875
15-09-2019, 09:23 PM

I’m confused. You defend the fact that hibs had failed to sell out the away end at Tynie a few posts ago and then you accuse me of lying? Take a minute and reflect on this post; would you like to be called a liar?

FilipinoHibs
15-09-2019, 09:24 PM

A fan waited 50 minutes after the game on Saturday to confront her. She was hurting and indicated that PH could be gone soon.

Sammy7nil
15-09-2019, 09:28 PM
A fan waited 50 minutes after the game on Saturday to confront her. She was hurting and indicated that PH could be gone soon.

Our CEO told a random fan she thought the manager should be gone, Really? If that is true she should be gone.

DarlingtonHibee
15-09-2019, 09:29 PM

Don't believe a word of that.

Crab apple
15-09-2019, 09:32 PM
Ffs, demo....

And don’t forget to use the capital L.

DarlingtonHibee
15-09-2019, 09:33 PM
And don’t forget to use the capital L.

Lol my apologies

Franck Stanton
15-09-2019, 10:07 PM
I’m confused. You defend the fact that hibs had failed to sell out the away end at Tynie a few posts ago and then you accuse me of lying? Take a minute and reflect on this post; would you like to be called a liar?
My apologies, thought your post was by someone else. My fault entirely, not surprised you were confused by my stupdity. ( somehow thought you were viva palmeras poster)

Hermit Crab
16-09-2019, 12:59 AM

That is absolutely not true and you know it.

cabbageandribs1875
16-09-2019, 01:23 AM

lol

Hermit Crab
16-09-2019, 01:44 AM
Our CEO told a random fan she thought the manager should be gone, Really? If that is true she should be gone.

It's total BS from him.

Ardenttwo
16-09-2019, 04:35 AM
Ffs, demo....

Give the man some respect too. He is obviously hurting like most of us and has some if not all valid posts. And as for names good god do we now start calling the players by their first names for respect. I have hardly heard Petrie called Rodrick and I bet some don’t even know our current manager/coaches first name

CloudSquall
16-09-2019, 04:55 AM
Not this ***** again.

Petrie got called petrie.

Farmer got called farmer.

Dempster gets called dempster.

Had all this ***** aimed at me not long ago too. Absolutely bizarre.

Yeah it's weird, it reminds me of the Huns ex manager "man with no surname Walter".

Since452
16-09-2019, 05:50 AM

Abject/abysmal is wide of the mark. We dominated the first half. We should be winning games we're dominating though

BILLYHIBS
16-09-2019, 05:59 AM
Abject/abysmal is wide of the mark. We dominated the first half. We should be winning games we're dominating though

Goals win games and we didn’t look like scoring at Motherwell or Kilmarnock tbh

Toothless!

Viva_Palmeiras
16-09-2019, 06:02 AM

Ole - that’ll be spelled correctly and with a capital V and P please. Peace.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-09-2019, 06:09 AM
Can remember a derby at the pink shelter in the recent past when we only managed to sell out a third of the away stand so don't understand the " chiny-chi- chin comment"

When you say “distant past” what’d be helpful and take the debate forward is if you qualified with a date, Mr. F. Stanton.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-09-2019, 06:12 AM
Don't believe a word of that.

!

Viva_Palmeiras
16-09-2019, 06:19 AM

Haud the bus - I don’t think there’s ever gonna be a defamation case brought before the courts “and I quote m-laud he wrote ‘chinny-chin-chin’” if others have called you a liar maybe it’s more about them than me but hey-ho. Fire on.

Everyone on this thread will all be laughing after a Derby victory for the Hibs.

The_Horde
16-09-2019, 06:30 AM

We were nowhere near domination that first half. Killie had more of the bell and the best chances. Any pressure from us was little more than wind and pish and when Killie upped the tempo towards the end of the half we were shown up.

we are hibs
16-09-2019, 08:16 AM

Not true and heres the post in question as i seen a screenshot of it the other day on facebook.

we are hibs
16-09-2019, 08:19 AM

True though eh? Utter nonsense from you as usual as soon as someone dares say anything about the board.

Weegreenman
16-09-2019, 09:02 AM
I think Leeann cares. In fact I know she cares a lot. Choosing football managers isn’t an easy thing to do. It’s nearly always a gamble and one that she’ll obviously want to give ample time for his new players to gel and hopefully click at some point.
She’s no fool though, she won’t allow this form to continue and I’m pretty sure she’ll act when she feels the time is right.

Itsnoteasy
16-09-2019, 09:08 AM
Not even going there, but I call my hero, pat

Is that Postman Pat?
And Jess was his cat.

Moody Blues
16-09-2019, 09:09 AM
I think Leeann cares. In fact I know she cares a lot. Choosing football managers isn’t an easy thing to do. It’s nearly always a gamble and one that she’ll obviously want to give ample time for his new players to gel and hopefully click at some point.
She’s no fool though, she won’t allow this form to continue and I’m pretty sure she’ll act when she feels the time is right.
Ok.We believe you Leean.

bigwheel
16-09-2019, 09:12 AM

Of course she does. Anyone suggesting she doesn’t is being hugely disrespectful ...she will know there are some big performance issues - she will be looking at it closely

Bangkok Hibby
16-09-2019, 09:15 AM

Stadium

HTC

Scottish cup

Your "white knight" stance isn't going to win any arguments here. I'd suggest nobody is showing Ms Dempster a lack of respect by using her surname. Equality and all that sir!

flash
16-09-2019, 09:16 AM
I just hope anyone making their protest doesn't get in the way of those of us trying to get in and support the team.

B.H.F.C
16-09-2019, 09:17 AM

I am critical of her at the moment but I don’t believe for a minute that she doesn’t care. She has definitely allowed things to slide though.

Regarding letting the new players gel, that ain’t going to happen when six of them are sitting on the bench. That in itself must concern her.

Hibernia&Alba
16-09-2019, 09:20 AM
Harsh on Dempster from the OP. Yes, it looks like she and the board got the Hecky appointment badly wrong; they're human and not infallible; they made a bad call. When you make an error, you must be humble enough to hold your hands up and try to rectify it. It looks like that will happen soon, unless we somehow have a miraculous reversal of form. Overall she has done a fine job here.

NAE NOOKIE
16-09-2019, 09:49 AM
You cant blame the CEO or even the owner for a manager signed in good faith or the players he signs being duds. Where they come into the firing line is when they allow the manager to continue on his merry way when its becoming clear that he isn't up to he job.

Normally I would be in the c'mon its only 5 games camp … but the truth is it isn't only 5 games. In the top 6 last season our results and performances were average at best, with the start to this season thrown in we have won one of our last 10 league matches. The big question surrounding players signed from lower league England is always 'is the manager presuming that being able to make it in league 1 & 2 of the EFL means you will be an above average Scottish premiership player because he mistakenly doesn't rate the game up here' …. its looking depressingly like that's what has happened … so much so that the most expensive of them cant even get into the team.

If we lose the derby I cant see how Heckingbottom can survive because where is he going to turn it around after that? Players already at a low ebb will be even worse and our next 4 fixtures are Killie away, Celtic at home ( heaven help us ) Aberdeen away and Hamilton away. As things stand I cant see us getting anything out of these games.

Bottom line …. If we lose the derby and the board don't act fans will vote with their feet, its as simple as that.

DarlingtonHibee
16-09-2019, 09:53 AM
Is that Postman Pat?
And Jess was his cat.

Pat Stanton, you heard of him?

southsider
16-09-2019, 10:02 AM
Pat Stanton, you heard of him?

Aye.was at his birthday party last weekend.

Sudds_1
16-09-2019, 10:08 AM

Stadium

HTC

Scottish cup

Trouble is....what will we be watching?

Itsnoteasy
16-09-2019, 10:20 AM
[QUOTE=DarlingtonHibee;5929001]Pat Stanton, you heard of

He's famous.

Paisley Hibby
16-09-2019, 10:39 AM
Harsh on Dempster from the OP. Yes, it looks like she and the board got the Hecky appointment badly wrong; they're human and not infallible; they made a bad call. When you make an error, you must be humble enough to hold your hands up and try to rectify it. It looks like that will happen soon, unless we somehow have a miraculous reversal of form. Overall she has done a fine job here.

Hear hear. Some folk on here need to get real. The Board had to give him time but I agree, he's now had that time and unless we see a miracle turn around in the next fortnight I think he'll be gone before the end of this month. Why anybody thinks not supporting our club against Hearts (even just for 5 minutes) will help is beyond me.

Since452
16-09-2019, 02:03 PM
How could Dempster ignore that hypnotising Hecky sales pitch? Can't really blame her

.Sean.
16-09-2019, 02:05 PM
She’ll surely take note when she sees swathes of empty green seats at the derby for the first time in years.

Malthibby
16-09-2019, 02:10 PM
No. I'll be supporting the team for 90 minutes, not 85.

Indeed. Can't think of a better way to undermine the team than to boycott the start of a derby bar not turning up at all.
The only team it would help would be Hearts. Don't think I'll be doing that.
GG

Antifa Hibs
16-09-2019, 02:16 PM
We'll hear from Dempster in March when the ST renewals are out for next season.

DanishJohn
16-09-2019, 02:24 PM
A bit of a fuss regarding what our CEO should be called. First or last name?

Maybe a bit guidance required from football fan's in England when they talked about Phil and Gary Neville's late dad.

SingaporeHibs
16-09-2019, 03:47 PM
Derby day is not the time to protest. It’s time to crank up the atmosphere, sing loud and proud and show that mob from across town what we’ll do to support our club and the team on the park.
If people want to show their feelings towards Hecky and we hear chants of Hecky must go, then so be it but follow that up with some proper Hibs songs in support of our club. Twice as loud. Sunday isn’t the time for weakness.

Squirrel 1875
16-09-2019, 04:53 PM
Does anyone know how the ticket sales have been going for the derby? Have a feeling the attendance is going to be embarrassing

Renton1875
16-09-2019, 04:54 PM
Give the man some respect too. He is obviously hurting like most of us and has some if not all valid posts. And as for names good god do we now start calling the players by their first names for respect. I have hardly heard Petrie called Rodrick and I bet some don’t even know our current manager/coaches first name

According to Twitter and Facebook it's 'get that useless *@*@ out of my club'

Squirrel 1875
16-09-2019, 08:00 PM
Many responses to this thread are quite interesting. Of particular note are the high number of posters who are saying I have been harsh by criticising Dempster for her hiring of the manager (which is her job, seeing as she runs the club). This is usually followed with speculation that she is sorting this out.

I have seen nothing of the sort, nor have many others. Has she came out and said she is going to sort out Heckingbottom's performance? No, quite the opposite. She has steadfastly backed him and even described what may one day go down as the worst transfer window and pre-season of our entire history as successful. It is patently obvious that when she makes a mistake, she is too hard-nosed to resolve it.

If she carries out some form of action before the derby, it would speak volumes and give many others, and I, a modicum of hope going into this derby. Currently we go into what should be an exciting fixture with what is without doubt one of the most unlikable squad of players led by a manager who has shown his ineptitude again and again.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-09-2019, 08:22 PM
Many responses to this thread are quite interesting. Of particular note are the high number of posters who are saying I have been harsh by criticising Dempster for her hiring of the manager (which is her job, seeing as she runs the club). This is usually followed with speculation that she is sorting this out.

I have seen nothing of the sort, nor have many others. Has she came out and said she is going to sort out Heckingbottom's performance? No, quite the opposite. She has steadfastly backed him and even described what may one day go down as the worst transfer window and pre-season of our entire history as successful. It is patently obvious that when she makes a mistake, she is too hard-nosed to resolve it.

If she carries out some form of action before the derby, it would speak volumes and give many others, and I, a modicum of hope going into this derby. Currently we go into what should be an exciting fixture with what is without doubt one of the most unlikable squad of players led by a manager who has shown his ineptitude again and again.

So “without doubt one of the most unlikable squad of players” yet you say that merely “If she carries out some form of action before the derby, it would speak volumes and give many others, and I, a modicum of hope going into this derby” - hardly the situation you illustrate resolved.

Dunno what upset your zen but maybe try taking a lie down in a darkened room for a day or so with or without internet access :)

You do however seem so assured of the way forward perhaps pop along to working together or wait after the game and speak to Leeann yourself.

Paisley Hibby
16-09-2019, 08:33 PM

But what she HAS to say in public and what she's saying behind the scenes are likely to be two very different things. It's possible that she could have told PH he's got until the end of this month to deliver clear improvements in the team's performance or he's out. But she's hardly going to undermine him by broadcasting that to all and sundry is she? And as for the transfer window, if the Board has delivered most of the manager's first choice targets then she's entitled to say that's a success. If they turn out to be mince that's not the Boards fault and the manager will face the consequences soon enough.

JimBHibees
16-09-2019, 08:47 PM
Does anyone know how the ticket sales have been going for the derby? Have a feeling the attendance is going to be embarrassing

400 short of a home sell out hardly embarrassing. Some of the panic on this site is frightening.

B.H.F.C
16-09-2019, 08:52 PM
400 short of a home sell out hardly embarrassing. Some of the panic on this site is frightening.

I think there will be substantially more than 400 empty seats though.

JimBHibees
16-09-2019, 08:54 PM

Possibly don't really understand that as this is always the best game of the season however we are doing. To buy a season ticket and not go to the Derby would make no sense to me.

Keith_M
17-09-2019, 08:54 AM
Possibly don't really understand that as this is always the best game of the season however we are doing. To buy a season ticket and not go to the Derby would make no sense to me.

I think it's strange as well but the number of non attending ST holders will still be in four figures.

About 3 years ago, LD said the average number of ST holding non attendees was about 15%.That now equates to about 2,000.

Barman Stanton
17-09-2019, 09:16 AM
It looks like she got this manager appointment wrong. However, if we are to criticise her for this one then we also need to credit her for appointing Stubbs and Lennon.

The 90+2
17-09-2019, 09:19 AM
It looks like she got this manager appointment wrong. However, if we are to criticise her for this one then we also need to credit her for appointing Stubbs and Lennon.

She got all the credit in the world for they appointments?!

JimBHibees
17-09-2019, 09:50 AM
I think it's strange as well but the number of non attending ST holders will still be in four figures.

About 3 years ago, LD said the average number of ST holding non attendees was about 15%.That now equates to about 2,000.

Over the season maybe surely not in the derby?

Barman Stanton
17-09-2019, 09:55 AM
She got all the credit in the world for they appointments?!

Well the fist post is saying she should also be sacked. Looks to me like she got a manager appointment wrong. But previously she got her first 2 spot on. 2 out of 3 is fine. Your not going to get the right guy every time. Hardly sackable imo.

Jones28
17-09-2019, 10:06 AM

When has a CEO ever not backed the manager in public? Everyone’s a genius and a great analyst after the fact aren’t they?

B.H.F.C
17-09-2019, 10:13 AM
Well the fist post is saying she should also be sacked. Looks to me like she got a manager appointment wrong. But previously she got her first 2 spot on. 2 out of 3 is fine. Your not going to get the right guy every time. Hardly sackable imo.

I think most people are reasonable enough to accept that.

As some have pointed out, he may have been brilliant at interview stage. It’s only a few months ago he had us all fooled when talking about the high press, levels of fitness never seen etc.

The challenge to Dempster now is to correct it. It’s her biggest challenge since she’s been here IMO. When she first came in the only way was up bit she needs to be very careful not to let things completely unravel from what had been built.

Barman Stanton
17-09-2019, 10:35 AM

As some have pointed out, he may have been brilliant at interview stage. It’s only a few months ago he had us all fooled when talking about the high press, levels of fitness never seen etc.

The challenge to Dempster now is to correct it. It’s her biggest challenge since she’s been here IMO. When she first came in the only way was up bit she needs to be very careful not to let things completely unravel from what had been built.

Some are that reasonable. However some also just want blood and everyone sacked right now!

I think she will sort it out shortly. She wasted no time in getting shot of Butcher, when she had worked previously with him. Defeat to Hearts and out the cup would be the final straw I think.

I was in the camp of wanting to give him time. But you eventually have to admit its just not working. Also don't think its possible to win the fans over, such is the feelings towards the guy. I feel sorry for him to be honest, don't like all the personal stuff etc. Its probably better for all parties that he goes.

Paisley Hibby
17-09-2019, 12:11 PM

You're right. Mine for a start. I just can't be arsed making a 200 plus mile trip on Sunday when the best we can hope for is a dire 0-0 draw. And yet a year ago I couldn't wait to get to Easter Road.

MWHIBBIES
17-09-2019, 12:18 PM
You're right. Mine for a start. I just can't be arsed making a 200 plus mile trip on Sunday when the best we can hope for is a dire 0-0 draw. And yet a year ago I couldn't wait to get to Easter Road.

That isn't the best we can hope for though.

The reason you couldn't wait was because it's easy to support a team that wins. Bit more difficult when they aren't winning and that isn't for everyone I guess

Keith_M
17-09-2019, 12:22 PM
"Do we, the fans, stage a protest before the game by not taking our seats for five minutes after kick off..."

Nearly half the crowd at every home game does that already, so it would be hard to notice the difference.

Keith_M
17-09-2019, 12:24 PM
Over the season maybe surely not in the derby?

Yeah, that was the average over the season, but there are still loads of empty seats at every derby as well, which is really strange.

JimBHibees
17-09-2019, 12:25 PM

I think we will win by a couple on Sunday and given our defensive record every chance we will lose a goal or two so IMO little chance of a 0-0. :greengrin

B.H.F.C
17-09-2019, 12:34 PM

Each to their own, but when it’s a bought and paid for ticket, I don’t get that.

I don’t feel particularly enthusiastic but, come Sunday, things need put to the side and we need to remember that beating Hearts is what playing for Hibs, and supporting Hibs, is all about.

hibeerealist
17-09-2019, 12:38 PM

The reason you couldn't wait was because it's easy to support a team that wins. Bit more difficult when they aren't winning and that isn't for everyone I guess

Not just the no winning MWH, the fitba is dire too!!!!

flash
17-09-2019, 02:08 PM

You wish.

JimBHibees
17-09-2019, 02:12 PM
Each to their own, but when it’s a bought and paid for ticket, I don’t get that.

I don’t feel particularly enthusiastic but, come Sunday, things need put to the side and we need to remember that beating Hearts is what playing for Hibs, and supporting Hibs, is all about.

Nail on the head.

Cataplana
17-09-2019, 04:09 PM

We all know things aren't working. To correct it, she needs to find out why.

I can't believe it was luck alone that saw him go on that run last season.

BoomtownHibees
17-09-2019, 05:59 PM

A bit of luck and better quality players

Squirrel 1875
17-09-2019, 06:46 PM
When has a CEO ever not backed the manager in public? Everyone’s a genius and a great analyst after the fact aren’t they?

You’ll find that I have consistently expressed severe issues about Heckingbottom prior to and following his appointment due to his negative record as a manager both on and off the pitch. It was always going to be a disaster from the get go and that run off results he had last year, during which the performances were poor and we were saved by an incredibly on-form Marciano, were quite possibly the worst thing to have happened for hibs. We may have avoided that dreadful transfer window and what now looks like a turgid season.

Squirrel 1875
17-09-2019, 06:48 PM
You wish.

Your name has come up time and time again in response to my posts. Is it something personal? Why would I wish my club to have a poor attendance at any game? Are you accusing me of being a “yam” again? Maybe you should reflect on why you’re such an angry individual when it comes to responding to people who express views you disagree with, perhaps you’ll gain a brighter outlook on life.

The_Horde
17-09-2019, 06:55 PM
Your name has come up time and time again in response to my posts. Is it something personal? Why would I wish my club to have a poor attendance at any game? Are you accusing me of being a “yam” again? Maybe you should reflect on why you’re such an angry individual when it comes to responding to people who express views you disagree with, perhaps you’ll gain a brighter outlook on life.

Take no notice of him. He seems to think he's above most posters on here and typically just puts very short jibes up trying to bait people.

One of the biggest trolls on the board, but he's very sly about it so fair play to him.

Paisley Hibby
17-09-2019, 06:57 PM
Not just the no winning MWH, the fitba is dire too!!!!

Thanks, this is the point I was trying to make.

DarlingtonHibee
17-09-2019, 07:16 PM
Take no notice of him. He seems to think he's above most posters on here and typically just puts very short jibes up trying to bait people.

One of the biggest trolls on the board, but he's very sly about it so fair play to him.
This, I don't think he supports hibs.

I'd love it to know what he knows about recruitment and running a professional football team.

Paisley Hibby
17-09-2019, 07:21 PM

I've supported Hibs for over 50 years. Even during the Butcher era I went home and away; and that was despite being convinced from March 2014 that we'd be relegated (it was when we were lucky to lose only 2-0 at St Johnstone). But there's something about the current set up that I just can't stomach - we are clueless, slow and completely lack any fight. We've been like that many times over the years but as I say, there's something especially rotten about the current set up. Add to that having to also watch a Hearts team who are useless but will be fired up by Levein to play it like a rugby match, it's the last straw. If I lived in Edinburgh or within 100 miles of it I'd probably still go but it's such an appalling prospect I'm afraid I'll write off my season ticket for this game and spend the money I'll save by not travelling down taking my wife for a nice Sunday lunch instead. It goes without saying that I sincerely hope I regret it and PH proves me wrong.

DarlingtonHibee
17-09-2019, 07:22 PM
You’ll find that I have consistently expressed severe issues about Heckingbottom prior to and following his appointment due to his negative record as a manager both on and off the pitch. It was always going to be a disaster from the get go and that run off results he had last year, during which the performances were poor and we were saved by an incredibly on-form Marciano, were quite possibly the worst thing to have happened for hibs. We may have avoided that dreadful transfer window and what now looks like a turgid season.

Are you saying top six was a failure?

Viva_Palmeiras
17-09-2019, 07:23 PM
Nail on the head.

Wonder what’d folks that campaigned to save Hibs would make of this... Puzzling.

The 90+2
17-09-2019, 07:25 PM

I'd love it to know what he knows about recruitment and running a professional football team.

That’s extremely harsh and judgemental imo. In fact I think you’ve got the posters mixed up. Either way it’s time to stop calling people with differing opinions non Hibs fans.

None of us on this board know about football recruiting or running a team. You still can give opinions either way though.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-09-2019, 07:26 PM

It’s an odd old past time the life of a troll isn’t it?

DarlingtonHibee
17-09-2019, 07:28 PM
That’s extremely harsh and judgemental imo.

Why, he claims to have had extreme issues with pH before he was hibs manager.

What is his background on the recruitment of professional football manager??

The 90+2
17-09-2019, 07:29 PM
Why, he claims to have had extreme issues with pH before he was hibs manager.

What is his background on the recruitment of professional football manager??

See post above 👍

Viva_Palmeiras
17-09-2019, 07:31 PM

If we believe that players need to turn up to every game thinking they can win it whats the equivalent of supporters and how do we jointly avoid it becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Wilson
17-09-2019, 07:31 PM

His good results were early on. The more time he's had to get his ideas across the worse we have got. The more he builds his own team the less we look like competing ar the right end of the table. It was luck. He was lucky to have inherited a good squad. Look at what he's done to it...

DarlingtonHibee
17-09-2019, 07:57 PM
That’s extremely harsh and judgemental imo. In fact I think you’ve got the posters mixed up. Either way it’s time to stop calling people with differing opinions non Hibs fans.

None of us on this board know about football recruiting or running a team. You still can give opinions either way though.

You are correct, nobody knows.

How about getting behind the club as a whole.

I've supported hibs a lot of years.

We'll always have bad times, but I will always support the club

Squirrel 1875
17-09-2019, 08:45 PM

I absolutely do support hibs, have done for as long as I can remember. To have this questioned is quite incredible, particularly as I clearly display my passion for the club in each of my posts. Would you like your support of this club questioned just because someone disagrees with you? Have a think about that for a minute.

As for your point on my credentials, I don’t need answer to you or anyone else. I am quite comfortable with my reasons for forming my opinion of Heckingbottom and his recruitment, as are some of those on this forum who know me. I know of current managers in this league and others who couldn’t believe he made some of the signings he made.

flash
17-09-2019, 08:49 PM

That's rich coming from you. At least I don't gang up on other posters.

flash
17-09-2019, 08:52 PM
Nothing personal and have never accused you of not being a Hibby. Also not in the slightest angry just a bit disappointed at how some people choose to build up to a derby by talking the club down at every opportunity.

DarlingtonHibee
17-09-2019, 09:13 PM
I absolutely do support hibs, have done for as long as I can remember. To have this questioned is quite incredible, particularly as I clearly display my passion for the club in each of my posts. Would you like your support of this club questioned just because someone disagrees with you? Have a think about that for a minute.

As for your point on my credentials, I don’t need answer to you or anyone else. I am quite comfortable with my reasons for forming my opinion of Heckingbottom and his recruitment, as are some of those on this forum who know me. I know of current managers in this league and others who couldn’t believe he made some of the signings he made.

You know current managers!!! 🙄 🙄 🙄

You mates with stevie g and lenny 😂

The 90+2
17-09-2019, 09:46 PM
You are correct, nobody knows.

How about getting behind the club as a whole.

I've supported hibs a lot of years.

We'll always have bad times, but I will always support the club

I get you support the club mate, we all do. I see how you channel your passion in a different way too by sticking up for the club regardless. There’s other ways to love and support the club too though and if it’s wrong or going wrong it’s natural to be passionate and emotional about something everyone cares deeply about. It’s not digs at the manager or that just for a laugh or because it’s undercover Jambos, it’s because people have seen this story play out before. I wish we could all just come together for the next week then start again next Thursday and see where we find ourselves - if anything it’s payday on Friday so we can all get smashed and have a royal rumble.

Squirrel 1875
17-09-2019, 10:03 PM

First line - yes I do.

Second line - grow up. You should be embarrassed.

DarlingtonHibee
17-09-2019, 10:14 PM
First line - yes I do.

Second line - grow up. You should be embarrassed.

Go on then name names, or is it top secret 😂

Viva_Palmeiras
17-09-2019, 10:30 PM

Conflict of interest right there ;)