PDA

View Full Version : Just watched the Hearts highlights...

California-Hibs
15-09-2019, 03:12 PM
Listen, we're terrible, no getting away from it, but I'd urge any Hibee to watch the Hearts v Well highlights on YouTube and tell me it doesn't at least give you a bit of confidence!?

Motherwell could of scored 6 or 7....literally! Same couldnt be said for Killie yesterday.

Hearts looked even worse than us believe it or not (hence why they're BOTTOM I guess)

I don't think there could of been a better team to play right now as we struggle.

I want Hecky out regardless, but I have a feeling we're going to squeak out a home win between two poor teams with Kamberi getting his shooting boots on...

G B Young
15-09-2019, 03:21 PM
Supposedly 15.8k in attendance. Uh huh.

jacomo
15-09-2019, 03:22 PM
I do hope so.

Hecky can get to Falkirk as far as I’m concerned, but he gubs them he can at least enjoy a Hibs party first.

hibbydad
15-09-2019, 03:26 PM
I do hope so.

Hecky can get to Falkirk as far as I’m concerned, but he gubs them he can at least enjoy a Hibs party first.
Then he can go we need rid of the man he is a clown

California-Hibs
15-09-2019, 03:30 PM
I do hope so.

Exactly, even if we gub them by 4 I'm not letting it cloud my judgement as they are absolute rubbish, he still needs to go.

coldingham hibs
15-09-2019, 03:31 PM
Ikpeazu (strength) , Mulraney (speed) & Japanese lad (skill) will cause us problems.

Waxy
15-09-2019, 03:39 PM
Ikpeazu (strength) , Mulraney (speed) & Japanese lad (skill) will cause us problems.

Ikpeazu (Lump) Mulraney (Headless chicken) and Japanese lad (Powderpuff) wont cause us any problems.

Hibby Kay-Yay
15-09-2019, 03:40 PM
They are poor but still scoring goals. That’s my worry just now.

Unseen work
15-09-2019, 03:44 PM
The thing that concerns me is that whilst we had a lot of the ball yesterday it wasn’t played at a high tempo to cause Killie any real problems. Horgan was dreadful and near enough every time he got on it he gave it away cheaply.

Killie were the opposite, happy for us to have the ball but once they had it, it was sharp and moved at speed with runners going beyond the striker.

We were a lot more competitive in midfield however and pressed the game much quicker and effectively, first half in particular.

Hearts will cause us problems no doubt.

California-Hibs
15-09-2019, 03:50 PM
They are poor but still scoring goals. That’s my worry just now.

Since the competitive stuff started, League Cup group games + regular season

Hearts goals - 15

Hibs goals - 17

Read this 'but they're at least scoring' a few times yesterday and today, but when you actually look at the proper facts to back that statement up, no, we are actually scoring a few more in the competitive games..

B.H.F.C
15-09-2019, 03:53 PM
Since the competitive stuff started, League Cup group games + regular season

Hearts goals - 15

Hibs goals - 17

Read this 'but they're at least scoring' a few times yesterday and today, but when you actually look at the proper facts to back that statement up, no, we are actually scoring a few more in the competitive games..

Only four in five league games though. We’re toothless going forward.

They’ve actually scored two in three of their five games but they’re atrocious defensively.

Bostonhibby
15-09-2019, 03:53 PM
Just seen it, Maroon balloons are awful but Motherwell have shown us how designed for SPFL football they are.

There's no doubt how awful all that cash has made them but most teams on the crest of a slump just look to when we come along on the fixture list.

No clue what to expect from us as we're still tinkering despite getting the signings in early.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

heretoday
15-09-2019, 04:18 PM
At least they scored two goals.

The_Horde
15-09-2019, 04:19 PM

We done that in our last home game too.

15-09-2019, 04:21 PM
Even that Jambo Allan Preston said we're better than them at the moment.

CockneyRebel
15-09-2019, 05:28 PM

Not sure the second was kosher. The guy that "scored" it shoved a Well player to the ground to get to the ball, free kick to Well.

Lago
15-09-2019, 05:30 PM
A poor Hearts team are scoring goals, a poor Hibs team are conceding goals, result Jambos win.

MSK
15-09-2019, 05:33 PM
A poor Hearts team are scoring goals, a poor Hibs team are conceding goals, result Jambos win.A poor hearts team are conceding goals too

Lago
15-09-2019, 05:35 PM
A poor hearts team are conceding goals too
OK & a poor Hibs team are not scoring goals, result still Jambos win.

sixtwo
15-09-2019, 05:37 PM
They’ve got Naismith to come back, probably next week. Of course, we have Martin Boyle to return but sadly not this week.
The annoying thing is. They, like us have an inept manager. Sadly, they have a decent squad. A new man can turn them around. We let a ****** buy things he thought were good!

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 05:44 PM
A poor Hearts team are scoring goals, a poor Hibs team are conceding goals, result Jambos win.

A poor Hibs team have won this season. A poor Hearts team haven’t. Result, Hibs win.

15-09-2019, 05:49 PM

The Jambos that have 3 draws and 9 defeats in their last 12 league games? Those Jambos?

The_Horde
15-09-2019, 05:51 PM

The jambos have just scored as many at home as we did in our last home game. Result - who knows it's a ****** derby. And I'm ****ed if I'm going in there thinking hearts will win and even trying to encourage it.

I'd rather we win, even if that means Hecky remains for a while longer.

California-Hibs
15-09-2019, 05:51 PM

Except Hibs are scoring more goals..

Competitive games

Hearts - 15 goals

Hibs - 17 goals

Result, Hibs narrow win.

emerald green
15-09-2019, 05:58 PM
Two very poor teams, each lacking in various areas and aspects of the game of football. Disorganised, powder puff, lacking confidence, woeful defensively in particular, many of the players in both teams are just not good enough at this (not all that good) level.

It's anyone's game next Sunday.

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 06:05 PM
Except Hibs are scoring more goals..

Competitive games

Hearts - 15 goals

Hibs - 17 goals

Result, Hibs narrow win.

But if you remove the league cup games etc.

And then if you remove them then Hearts haven’t actually managed to win a game yet this season.

Hermit Crab
15-09-2019, 06:33 PM
They won'y line up like this on Sunday.

Hearts

13Doyle
25Brandon
Substituted forWashingtonat 64'minutes
Substituted forat 83'minutes
26HalkettBooked at 58mins
6BerraBooked at 62mins
51Hickey
8Clare
12Whelan
40Irving
Substituted forDamourat 51'minutes
11Mulraney
18MacLean
Substituted forMeshinoat 56'minutes
19IkpeazuBooked at 90mins

Substitutes

1Zlamal
2Smith
9Washington
22Damour
35Keena
38Morrison
77Meshino

Hermit Crab
15-09-2019, 06:38 PM
Motherwells 2nd goal!!!! Wow. :applause:

tamig
15-09-2019, 06:43 PM
They won'y line up like this on Sunday.

Hearts

13Doyle
25Brandon
Substituted forWashingtonat 64'minutes
Substituted forat 83'minutes
26HalkettBooked at 58mins
6BerraBooked at 62mins
51Hickey
8Clare
12Whelan
40Irving
Substituted forDamourat 51'minutes
11Mulraney
18MacLean
Substituted forMeshinoat 56'minutes
19IkpeazuBooked at 90mins

Substitutes

1Zlamal
2Smith
9Washington
22Damour
35Keena
38Morrison
77Meshino

How will they line up? Who’s the big game changer other than Naismith?

Hermit Crab
15-09-2019, 06:44 PM
How will they line up? Who’s the big game changer other than Naismith?

Smith, Washington and Naismith will all start I reckon. Ikpeazu may be benched.

macca70
15-09-2019, 07:11 PM

I’d say the big battering ram will be Levein’s 1st name on the team sheet for a derby.

This is going to be a riot, very physical, 2 teams desperate for a win.

Bobby's Cinema
15-09-2019, 07:13 PM

Washington went off with what looked like a pulled hamstring

Hermit Crab
15-09-2019, 07:14 PM
I’d say the big battering ram will be Levein’s 1st name on the team sheet for a derby.

This is going to be a riot, very physical, 2 teams desperate for a win.

We are not a physical team in the slightest. Powderpuff all over the park.

Bobby's Cinema
15-09-2019, 07:15 PM
We are not a physical team in the slightest. Powderpuff all over the park.

Have a look at what we’re up against. Clare gives me hope

California-Hibs
15-09-2019, 08:25 PM
Have a look at what we’re up against. Clare gives me hope

How they persist with Clare I'll never know. Absolutely **** everytime ive watched them!

BILLYHIBS
15-09-2019, 08:32 PM
Last game at Easter Road Ikpeazu couldnae run was over weight unfit and breathing through his arse but still managed to get onto the end of a deflected ball into our box to snatch an equaliser

Credit where credit is due that is the determination and hunger we will have to show to win on Sunday

Now who is going to score our goals?

PH91
15-09-2019, 08:45 PM
The hearts midfield is not particularly physical and it is crap.

Naismith coming back is the player i would be concerned about, who drops in between the lines and can cause problems and links well with the big lump. We, however, have our own weapon in allan who can provide for kamberi and i imagine hearts fans will be similarly concerned.

Neither team playing well at the moment so the winner could well be based on which of the above front 2 produces a moment of quality and/or which defence has the least brain farts. More likely it will be a boring draw though.

MSK
15-09-2019, 08:52 PM
The hearts midfield is not particularly physical and it is crap.

Naismith coming back is the player i would be concerned about, who drops in between the lines and can cause problems and links well with the big lump. We, however, have our own weapon in allan who can provide for kamberi and i imagine hearts fans will be similarly concerned.

Neither team playing well at the moment so the winner could well be based on which of the above front 2 produces a moment of quality and/or which defence has the least brain farts. More likely it will be a boring draw though.Yip, plus the fact Naismith isnt match fit helps too whereas Allan is so that gives us a slight edge there. Who knows though, not looking forward to this game

hibsquaker
15-09-2019, 08:55 PM
You say "Motherwell could of scored 6 or 7....literally!"

This was how I viewed the highlights the other week of the Hibs game against Well.

Jim44
15-09-2019, 09:33 PM
Even that Jambo Allan Preston said we're better than them at the moment.

Don’t fall for that old piece of crap. He’s playing the quasi underdog card, knows that there is nothing between two really poor sides, and is falling on the side of error. He knows full well that the Jambos have just about enough to see us off because of their determination and will probably win, but, by siding with us, he can play the ‘told you they had the upper hand’ and comes out with prediction reputation intact.I bet he really fancies a Jambo win but doesn’t have the balls to come out with it.

Stokesy's on fire
15-09-2019, 09:37 PM
Hearts have a physical side...we dont even have a side so i fancy levein to know how to handle us

Onion
15-09-2019, 09:38 PM
Listen, we're terrible, no getting away from it, but I'd urge any Hibee to watch the Hearts v Well highlights on YouTube and tell me it doesn't at least give you a bit of confidence!?

Motherwell could of scored 6 or 7....literally! Same couldnt be said for Killie yesterday.

Hearts looked even worse than us believe it or not (hence why they're BOTTOM I guess)

I don't think there could of been a better team to play right now as we struggle.

I want Hecky out regardless, but I have a feeling we're going to squeak out a home win between two poor teams with Kamberi getting his shooting boots on...

There are 2 Hearts teams; one which plays like Sat against meaningless opposition and another which turns up to play Hibs. On Sat they would have been taking it easy protecting themselves, avoiding injury and improving their match sharpness on the orders of Levein as he as much as anyone knows the importance of a Hibs match. They will be well up for it.

Astonishing that they've been so bad, sit at the very foot of the table, yet one win against Hibs can put them above us. THAT'S how bad PH team of duds has been.

Jdawg
15-09-2019, 10:55 PM

Hearts can take solace in the fact they scored 2 goals. If hearts score first next Sunday, that’s the game over.

Jdawg
15-09-2019, 11:39 PM

Hearts can take solace in the fact they scored 2 goals. If hearts score first next Sunday, that’s the game over.

15-09-2019, 11:46 PM

Ikpeazu's goal should've been chopped off. He bundled the defender over before sticking it in the net. Look at his and compare it to the tiny push by Kamberi when Hallberg's goal was disallowed.

Forza Fred
15-09-2019, 11:55 PM
For as long as I can remember, Hibs relied on skill, while Hearts relied on muscle.

Unfortunately Hearts always seem to try harder than us in a derby, something I attribute partly to Alex Miller’s ‘it’s only worth 3 points, which still gets trotted out, whereas Hearts adopt a ‘must win’ approach.

With our skill factor in question just now, I’m expecting a blow by blow kind of match, which sadly, suits our neighbours more than our current powder puff squad.

Man Down Under
16-09-2019, 12:17 AM
When was the last time we went three games without scoring? Surely we're due a few. My biggest fear is that this is Leveins world cup final and will fire them up better than Heckingbottom.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

sleeping giant
16-09-2019, 12:29 AM
How they persist with Clare I'll never know. Absolutely **** everytime ive watched them!

Get your money on him for first goal then.
Guaranteed.

Stuart93
16-09-2019, 12:33 AM
When was the last time we went three games without scoring? Surely we're due a few. My biggest fear is that this is Leveins world cup final and will fire them up better than Heckingbottom.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

I’m not sure Hecky has enough about him to get this squad up for anything

The mans absolutely boring and dull. The exact opposite of the type of person I’d want firing me up for a derby

Levein will have hearts more fired up without a doubt. Like someone has said hearts get the 1st goal with the home crowd then on the players backs it’s curtains

Hermit Crab
16-09-2019, 12:48 AM
Ikpeazu's goal should've been chopped off. He bundled the defender over before sticking it in the net. Look at his and compare it to the tiny push by Kamberi when Hallberg's goal was disallowed.

Tiny push? A clearer foul for a shove in the back you will not see.

I'm Spartacus
16-09-2019, 08:25 AM

His hammy went on Saturday so out for weeks.

Whoever wins will be worse off IMO as it papers over the major cracks.

JimBHibees
16-09-2019, 08:54 AM

Apart from when Kamberi gets fouled and refs regularly ignore it.

wookie70
16-09-2019, 09:09 AM
Ikpeazu's goal should've been chopped off. He bundled the defender over before sticking it in the net. Look at his and compare it to the tiny push by Kamberi when Hallberg's goal was disallowed. Our goal was rightly disallowed. Theirs stood. That is a fairly normal situation for us as we rarely get the rub of the green from officials

WeeRussell
16-09-2019, 11:37 AM
Ikpeazu (Lump) Mulraney (Headless chicken) and Japanese lad (Powderpuff) wont cause us any problems.

We've been posed serious problems by lesser players for the last few months. I have no confidence Sunday will be any different.

0-0 draw and a seriously s***e game with a strange, negative atmosphere throughout for both teams, is my prediction. What happens after the game is going to be the interesting part.

Bristolhibby
16-09-2019, 11:46 AM
The thing that concerns me is that whilst we had a lot of the ball yesterday it wasn’t played at a high tempo to cause Killie any real problems. Horgan was dreadful and near enough every time he got on it he gave it away cheaply.

Killie were the opposite, happy for us to have the ball but once they had it, it was sharp and moved at speed with runners going beyond the striker.

We were a lot more competitive in midfield however and pressed the game much quicker and effectively, first half in particular.

Hearts will cause us problems no doubt.

The lack of urgency has concerned me since day one of the season. We didn’t play direct until AFTER we went 1-0 up.

Considering that was Heckingbottoms selling point, press, urgency, fitness. WTF is going on? Lethargic and at walking pace.

J

16-09-2019, 05:29 PM

Yes you will, the Ikpeazu one on Saturday.

16-09-2019, 05:32 PM
Our goal was rightly disallowed. Theirs stood. That is a fairly normal situation for us as we rarely get the rub of the green from officials

Yes, it was a correct decision for ours, incorrect to allow the Hearts one to stand.

kaimendhibs
17-09-2019, 01:32 AM
Ikpeazu (Lump) Mulraney (Headless chicken) and Japanese lad (Powderpuff) wont cause us any problems.Mulraney is a good player and caused us plenty in the Horgan derby

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

DetroitHibs
17-09-2019, 05:24 AM
Motherwell tore us apart and spanked us 3 zip, we could have played until Wednesday and not scored. Hearts at least scored two.

Widhibs
17-09-2019, 05:34 AM

And that Meshino as well I reckon. Wee Jumbo guy at my work thinks he's the next great thing. Numpty!

flash
17-09-2019, 05:54 AM
The state of this thread. You would think we have no chance on Sunday.

MacGruber
17-09-2019, 05:57 AM
And that Meshino as well I reckon. Wee Jumbo guy at my work thinks he's the next great thing. Numpty!

He looked good in the highlights after coming on. Took out the defender with a neat turn and good effort in getting the ball over the keeper for Ikpeazu goal. Good feet, composure and finish for his own goal.

Those saying Washington will play - he won't. Not the usual Jambo ploy this time, his hammy popped and he is out for weeks. That will probably be our typical luck, their non scoring striker that would have played out which forces the hand to gamble on Naismith who has a blinder.

We are set up to lose this game. 2 things have become very apparent. If we lose the 1st goal we are done. If we lose the 1st goal we capitulate and lose more.

4-1 Hearts.

flash
17-09-2019, 06:07 AM
He looked good in the highlights after coming on. Took out the defender with a neat turn and good effort in getting the ball over the keeper for Ikpeazu goal. Good feet, composure and finish for his own goal.

Those saying Washington will play - he won't. Not the usual Jambo ploy this time, his hammy popped and he is out for weeks. That will probably be our typical luck, their non scoring striker that would have played out which forces the hand to gamble on Naismith who has a blinder.

We are set up to lose this game. 2 things have become very apparent. If we lose the 1st goal we are done. If we lose the 1st goal we capitulate and lose more.

4-1 Hearts.
Hearts sneaking Barcelona's team out in their place or you been on the sauce all night?

MacGruber
17-09-2019, 06:27 AM
Hearts sneaking Barcelona's team out in their place or you been on the sauce all night?

I've been watching Heckingbottom's Hibs..... unfortunately.

calumhibee1
17-09-2019, 06:32 AM
I've been watching Heckingbottom's Hibs..... unfortunately.

I can only assume you’ve not been watching Leveins Hearts as well then. Because their fans, the guys that do, have been protesting to get him out and they’re bottom of the league without a win to their name. They’re that bad.

The Spaceman
17-09-2019, 07:10 AM
Hearts are 100% a worse team than us, that is a fact and their 2019 form shows it in spades.

The only concern from my end, is not matter how awful they may be, they never, ever give up when it comes to the Derby. They will fight on Sunday and my concern is not over quality differences, but in spirit. We lost a metal in our midfield when McGinn, Bartley etc moved on which we have struggled to replace and I worry it will show on Sunday. We are far too soft.

calumhibee1
17-09-2019, 07:24 AM
Hearts are 100% a worse team than us, that is a fact and their 2019 form shows it in spades.

The only concern from my end, is not matter how awful they may be, they never, ever give up when it comes to the Derby. They will fight on Sunday and my concern is not over quality differences, but in spirit. We lost a metal in our midfield when McGinn, Bartley etc moved on which we have struggled to replace and I worry it will show on Sunday. We are far too soft.

Hearts of old always fought and battled in derbies. They’ve game to ER a few times over the recent years though, rolled over and had their bellies tickled. I’m not sure how much of the Hearts of old in derbies is applicable now.

green day
17-09-2019, 07:43 AM

This is key - who are the "better players" is irrelevant in this match

MacGruber
17-09-2019, 07:52 AM
I can only assume you’ve not been watching Leveins Hearts as well then. Because their fans, the guys that do, have been protesting to get him out and they’re bottom of the league without a win to their name. They’re that bad.

Yeah I do get that and agree however, I don't think we will lose because they are better - I think we will lose because we are softer

Sean1875
17-09-2019, 07:57 AM

4-1 Hearts.

4-1 Hearts :faf: :faf: :faf: Have a day off.

Since452
17-09-2019, 09:08 AM

4-1 Hearts.

Do you really think Hearts will beat us 4-1? The team bottom the league?

ancient hibee
17-09-2019, 09:27 AM

I would be more concerned about our capitulation against Motherwell compared to their performances against them.

Hermit Crab
17-09-2019, 09:36 AM

It's been said on here many times before. Anything can happen in football.

calumhibee1
17-09-2019, 10:05 AM
It's been said on here many times before. Anything can happen in football.

Apart from a Hibs win of course. According to a lot of folk on here anyway. That’s certainly not a possibility.

Mr_F
17-09-2019, 10:16 AM
Hearts of old always fought and battled in derbies. They’ve game to ER a few times over the recent years though, rolled over and had their bellies tickled. I’m not sure how much of the Hearts of old in derbies is applicable now.

That has been the case but we now don't have a team capable of belly tickling.

Hearts will be well up for this, nae trophies know's this could be his last game so he will have the players fired up to the max.

From what we have seen PH is not capable of that

Onceinawhile
17-09-2019, 10:26 AM
That has been the case but we now don't have a team capable of belly tickling.

Hearts will be well up for this, nae trophies know's this could be his last game so he will have the players fired up to the max.

From what we have seen PH is not capable of that

Why if he can't get them "well up" for games against Ross County, Hamilton or Motherwell, will Levein be able to get them "well up" for a derby.

The hearts players have stopped playing for their manager. I don't think ours have. (Yet).

Hermit Crab
17-09-2019, 10:50 AM
Why if he can't get them "well up" for games against Ross County, Hamilton or Motherwell, will Levein be able to get them "well up" for a derby.

The hearts players have stopped playing for their manager. I don't think ours have. (Yet).

Its in their contract. Beat Hibs at all costs.

Onceinawhile
17-09-2019, 12:46 PM
Its in their contract. Beat Hibs at all costs.

Why've they been ignoring their contractual duties so frequently recently then?

Hermit Crab
17-09-2019, 01:01 PM
Why've they been ignoring their contractual duties so frequently recently then?

Not everyone does what they're contracted to do. Look at Heckingbottom.

flash
17-09-2019, 02:06 PM
It's becoming very clear that some people hate Hibs more than they hate Hertz.

The 90+2
17-09-2019, 02:13 PM
Need to stop this squabbling **** lads. **** hearts.

Hiber-nation
17-09-2019, 02:14 PM
Washington out for 3 months for the worst team in the league.

The keeper's dodgy, Berra's finished, Clare's a joke, Smith and Naismith are struggling with injuries, Ikpeazu is gash.

We're less pish than them so I think we'll scrape a narrow win. We've certainly got no excuses.

flash
17-09-2019, 02:19 PM

The keeper's dodgy, Berra's finished, Clare's a joke, Smith and Naismith are struggling with injuries, Ikpeazu is gash.

We're less pish than them so I think we'll scrape a narrow win. We've certainly got no excuses.

Correct. They will be as pish as they always are when they come to ER. Up to us to take advantage.

calumhibee1
17-09-2019, 02:20 PM

:agree:

There certainly is no excuses for getting beat on Sunday. They’re murder, deservedly bottom of the league and we’re at home.

Hermit Crab
17-09-2019, 02:28 PM

All will play on Sunday.

Hiber-nation
17-09-2019, 02:33 PM
All will play on Sunday.

Yes, my jambo mate told me that Smith and Naismith will play despite not being fit. He also said he'd be absolutely amazed if Hearts even scraped a draw.

Hermit Crab
17-09-2019, 02:43 PM
Yes, my jambo mate told me that Smith and Naismith will play despite not being fit. He also said he'd be absolutely amazed if Hearts even scraped a draw.

Like last seasons final derby. We wrote them off...

Hiber-nation
17-09-2019, 02:49 PM
Like last seasons final derby. We wrote them off...

I hardly think anyone's writing them off....https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?341949-Derby-Predictions

Malthibby
17-09-2019, 07:45 PM

Aye they do, i remember a cup game we won 1:0 going on 10 when we had 81% of the possession. Okay, doesn't happen very often but they can fold; certainly don't believe they will
be fighting for Craigie boy on Sunday.
GG

erin go bragh
17-09-2019, 07:59 PM
Not everyone does what they're contracted to do. Look at Heckingbottom.

He’s unbeaten against that lot . 3-1 win for us .

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-09-2019, 08:05 PM
Mulraney is a good player and caused us plenty in the Horgan derby

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I think he is too.