PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest Derby Ever

Hibs4185
15-09-2019, 08:52 AM
If hibs win then hecky might be safe for a while which is kind of bad. Also means Levein might get the bullet which is also bad.

If hibs lose, then hecky must surely be out so it’s kind of good?

A derby win might actually be bad?? How bad have things become!!!!!!

CraigHibee
15-09-2019, 08:55 AM
could be one of most eye bleeding games to watch, problem is though hearts have goal scorers and thatll be the difference i think

Hibs4185
15-09-2019, 08:56 AM
Indeed and £32 for the pleasure!

Power
15-09-2019, 08:58 AM
A derby win will never be bad. Accepting or wanting defeat to Hearts will never be ok. This is Hibernian and winning at home to your closest rivals is everything.

We’ll do the damage next weekend.

green day
15-09-2019, 09:03 AM
A derby win will never be bad. Accepting or wanting defeat to Hearts will never be ok. This is Hibernian and winning at home to your closest rivals is everything.

Its everything this week, but beating Hearts will not define our season.

Losing to the likes of Killie, Motherwell, playing poorly v dross like St Mirren and St Johnstone is where we are right now and while I want to win next week, I would prefer it were without our current manager.

CloudSquall
15-09-2019, 09:04 AM
I can see it being Duffy II, we'll be 2 nill down and rescue a point somehow to see Heckingbottom remain.

Doh Rae Me
15-09-2019, 09:07 AM
I'd imagine the fact that there are 22 sections of Easter Rd that still have tickets available for the derby will be making it very clear what the fans think, let alone the 95% on the poll.
We are not getting any sort of value for money, the team isn't playing, the manager clueless. For us to be in this position in the league is disgraceful.
Heckingbottom out, whoever is responsible for finding/ scouting players, out.

Helensburghhibs
15-09-2019, 09:08 AM
Our inability to score will be the difference I feel

pacoluna
15-09-2019, 09:10 AM

No we won't, how an earth can you think that we will do the damage, we are brutal.

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 09:12 AM
could be one of most eye bleeding games to watch, problem is though hearts have goal scorers and thatll be the difference i think

Not one of Hearts strikers have scored a goal from open play this season. Not even in the League Cup. There’s nobody in their squad I’d call a goal scorer.

frazeHFC
15-09-2019, 09:13 AM
Not looking forward to it, especially as a 3pm Sunday is a brutal time. Got to be the worst form ever before a derby. Them 0 wins in the last 10 league games and us not much better, with 1.

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 09:14 AM
Our inability to score will be the difference I feel

We’ve scored 17 goals to Hearts 15 this season.

lyonhibs
15-09-2019, 09:21 AM
There is never an upside to losing to Hearts ffs. Ever.

turn and burn
15-09-2019, 09:33 AM
Both teams are defensively inept so there probably will be numerous calamitous goals to look forward to

B.H.F.C
15-09-2019, 09:43 AM

Agree with your first paragraph. But your last sentence, there is nothing happening to suggest we are capable of winning a game at the moment. Absolutely nothing. Not just this game but any game.

stantonhibby
15-09-2019, 09:51 AM
Not one of Hearts strikers have scored a goal from open play this season. Not even in the League Cup. There’s nobody in their squad I’d call a goal scorer.

Ikpeazu scored yesterday

Hibs4185
15-09-2019, 09:54 AM

I’d imagine it will be like cheating on your wife or partner. The ecstasy of winning followed by the reality of the consequences-hecky staying!

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 10:24 AM
Ikpeazu scored yesterday

****, I actually meant to say that in my post that none of them had scored until yesterday. :greengrin Point still stands though, he's definitely not a goal scorer either :wink:

Onion
15-09-2019, 10:44 AM
If both managers survive to the weekend, it will be the weirdest derby ever. There are no good outcomes.

MWHIBBIES
15-09-2019, 10:47 AM
Hibs winning is never a bad thing. I hope we smash them, Hecky turns it around and we win the next 10. Anyone wanting us to lose so he goes isn't a Hibs fan.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-09-2019, 10:50 AM
If there is any question hanging over the application and commitment from the players though, there is no better game to put that to the test? That goes for both sides.

Hermit Crab
15-09-2019, 10:53 AM
This will be us next week.

Football Fans Show Team Where The goal Is! MUST WATCH!!! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBPYHAI4pqA)

15-09-2019, 10:55 AM
It's looking more and more like it'll be the P45 derby.

H18S NX
15-09-2019, 10:55 AM
I still think it will be a draw at best,we are pish.

BegbieHSC
15-09-2019, 11:11 AM
There’s nae chance this derby will sell out.
Hearts won’t sell their away allocation, and we won’t shift many of the non-season ticket seats, with a good number of STHs not turning up.
Utterly depressing.

Hermit Crab
15-09-2019, 11:13 AM
There’s nae chance this derby will sell out.
Hearts won’t sell their away allocation, and we won’t shift many of the non-season ticket seats, with a good number of STHs not turning up.
Utterly depressing.

Still over 500 tickets available in our end.

The Leith Dutch
15-09-2019, 11:15 AM
We’ve scored 17 goals to Hearts 15 this season.

And 4 to their 7 in the league.
Both stats are cherry picking.

We're better at home to be fair but they've done decently scoring wise against reasonable opposition.

They're poor overall but so are we and we should be worried.

Glory Lurker
15-09-2019, 12:21 PM
BT are probably frantically trying to drop the game to show the Andorran Paint Drying Championships first qualifying round instead.

ColintonHibs
15-09-2019, 12:25 PM
Indeed and £32 for the pleasure!

Insane mate i’d be selling it rather watch hibs get shafted in the pub or at home

Zazu62
15-09-2019, 12:34 PM
BT are probably frantically trying to drop the game to show the Andorran Paint Drying Championships first qualifying round instead.

It’s on Sky Sports

Glory Lurker
15-09-2019, 12:48 PM
It’s on Sky Sports

Ha ha! So it is! Nae luck, Rupert Murdoch!

Green_one
15-09-2019, 01:37 PM
For me, the most likely result will be a turgid draw. That will leave no one any better off nor trip a sacking.

The cup game is probably the Hibs trigger point. If not, then the fixture list almost guarantees no wins for us into October. A miracle or a change is needed. Pretty depressing :sairhead:

sixtwo
15-09-2019, 01:43 PM
I think when LD and the board see the amount of empty seats, they will be forced to take action!

Glory Lurker
15-09-2019, 01:51 PM
I think when LD and the board see the amount of empty seats, they will be forced to take action!

At the moment I'm thinking one of them might be mine. I'll probably come round to it during the week but I don't think I've ever been in two minds about going to an ER derby before. If that's how our state is affecting me, I wouldn't be the slightest surprised if a lot of folk with more sense than I have give it a miss.

Crazyhorse
15-09-2019, 01:55 PM

That’s the scud right there!

Jim44
15-09-2019, 01:59 PM

Is that held over 2 coats?:greengrin

MWHIBBIES
15-09-2019, 02:07 PM
Ha ha! So it is! Nae luck, Rupert Murdoch!

Probably more will watch it since less attending.

James70
15-09-2019, 02:14 PM
Levein will have them motivated for a derby as always, I doubt I could say the same for our manager.

MWHIBBIES
15-09-2019, 03:30 PM
Levein will have them motivated for a derby as always, I doubt I could say the same for our manager.

Yeah, his Edinburgh derby record shows he can't get us motivated. Only 4 points from 6, shocking.

I actually think he will have us up for it and his record at home isn't bad. It's Killie on Wednesday he'll struggle to get us up for.

WeeRussell
16-09-2019, 11:45 AM
Hibs winning is never a bad thing. I hope we smash them, Hecky turns it around and we win the next 10. Anyone wanting us to lose so he goes isn't a Hibs fan.

Aye they are. Maybe daft Hibs fans in our eyes but still Hibs fans.

If someone argues that they think the short term blow will be better for the rest of our season and long-term - I'd understand (as I see things changing as a consolation to losing the derby) and not think them any less of a fan than you or I.

Paisley Hibby
16-09-2019, 11:50 AM

So guess what's going to happen on Sunday....🙄

Deansy
16-09-2019, 12:42 PM

Agree - I've also seen the highlights of the Jambos game and they truly are keech but Potter's hatred of us will give them the advantage on Sunday !. Chuck in the battering-ram that Ikpaezu is against our defence and it's very worrying !

It's sickening - we could've been really enjoying this season if we'd had a half-decent team and the way the Jambos are going !

Diclonius
16-09-2019, 12:44 PM
On the 30th March 2014 we went into a derby at Tynecastle winless in six league games and them winless in five. I forget what the result was.

bordergreen
16-09-2019, 01:52 PM
If hibs win then hecky might be safe for a while which is kind of bad. Also means Levein might get the bullet which is also bad.

If hibs lose, then hecky must surely be out so it’s kind of good?

A derby win might actually be bad?? How bad have things become!!!!!!

Keith Jackson said in today's Daily Rangers:

'Craig Levein and Paul Heckingbottom have turned derby into two bald men fighting over a comb'

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Hibrandenburg
16-09-2019, 02:05 PM
Song for the derby if we're winning "We're *****, but no as ***** as you" , to the tune of go West.

heretoday
16-09-2019, 03:47 PM
It might be a cracker - two crap sides can still produce some excitement.

There should be goals. Both defences are utterly hopeless. So are the attacks but there will be some own goals and penalties for sure.

bigwheel
16-09-2019, 04:01 PM
The Man City loan signing that Hearts have got looks a class young player - he has a spark that will need to be tamed..we will need some Allan form and magic to create for us ...the big guy upfront for them will be a real handful too.

Will be a tough game for us this - hopefully the nature of the match will create a strong performance from us ....

Hermit Crab
16-09-2019, 04:42 PM
The Man City loan signing that Hearts have got looks a class young player - he has a spark that will need to be tamed..we will need some Allan form and magic to create for us ...the big guy upfront for them will be a real handful too.

Will be a tough game for us this - hopefully the nature of the match will create a strong performance from us ....

:agree:. Reports I've had from mates who go to watch them say he's a player like.