PDA

View Full Version : Is The Loser The Winner?

judas
15-09-2019, 07:58 AM
On the basis that the majority of HIbs and Hearts fans want their respective managers removed from service, may the loss of the actual game have the ultimate silver lining?

Not for me personally. I still hold out some hope that Heck can reignite our season and see the next game as the launchpad.

But it has been suggested by fans on both sides.

danhibees1875
15-09-2019, 08:06 AM
I can't see how any fan could hold that opinion without doing so in jest to make their point about the manager seem stronger.

I hope he turns it around too, but it seems unlikely that he will in the long run. I just hope he picks up some wins, starting against Hearts, and then we take it from there.

green day
15-09-2019, 08:09 AM
I hope PH is sacked on monday and we still beat Hearts next week with Tam McCourt in charge.

Dempster will need to have a long hard look at herself if she keeps him in place until the derby.

jeffers
15-09-2019, 08:14 AM
I'll never be happy losing to them, but if it forces him out then I'd reluctantly accept it. Not sure how much improvement a new manager can make until they can get new players in January, but under him we are only going one way.

Centre Hawf
15-09-2019, 08:16 AM
He'll get the derby because losing that makes it all the more easier to sack him. No one can defend him if we lose to them, same goes for if we somehow get a result but get put out the cup. He has to win both games to save his job and on current form there's no chance that's happening.

Coco Bryce
15-09-2019, 08:17 AM
I hope PH is sacked on monday and we still beat Hearts next week with Tam McCourt in charge.

Dempster will need to have a long hard look at herself if she keeps him in place until the derby.

Tam would put a better team out.

flash
15-09-2019, 08:19 AM
Judging by the tense next week thread there are going to be thousands of empty seats and half the Hibbys there will be wanting us to get beat if PH is still manager.
I want him replaced but the day I go to a home derby not expecting to turn the watery farts over won't be coming anytime soon.

Sir David Gray
15-09-2019, 08:21 AM
I want him gone but I don't want to lose the derby next week to ensure it happens.

He should be gone regardless of what happens next week and I still hope that he'll be away before next Sunday although I have my doubts.

I really hope we beat them next week, even if that means Heckingbottom hanging on a bit longer.

lord bunberry
15-09-2019, 08:25 AM
Judging by the tense next week thread there are going to be thousands of empty seats and half the Hibbys there will be wanting us to get beat if PH is still manager.
I want him replaced but the day I go to a home derby not expecting to turn the watery farts over won't be coming anytime soon.
:agree: And if we win, which is the most likely outcome given that they haven’t won a game since March there will still be people starting threads after the game about the manager.

Wilson
15-09-2019, 08:46 AM
:agree: And if we win, which is the most likely outcome given that they haven’t won a game since March there will still be people starting threads after the game about the manager.

We wont win.

lord bunberry
15-09-2019, 08:55 AM
We wont win.
We’re unbeaten at home so far and they haven’t won anywhere since March, their fans are dreading this game more than us. That doesn’t mean we’ll win, but we’re favourites for the game for a good reason.

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 09:00 AM
We’re unbeaten at home so far and they haven’t won anywhere since March, their fans are dreading this game more than us. That doesn’t mean we’ll win, but we’re favourites for the game for a good reason.

:agree:

There’s definitely a chance we could lose the game. We’re not good enough to be able to say with any certainty that we won’t. But as you say, we’re unbeaten at home, they haven’t won anywhere in the league since March and they’re bottom of the league. We’re favourites for this game no matter what some posters want to tell everyone.

lord bunberry
15-09-2019, 09:08 AM
:agree:

There’s definitely a chance we could lose the game. We’re not good enough to be able to say with any certainty that we won’t. But as you say, we’re unbeaten at home, they haven’t won anywhere in the league since March and they’re bottom of the league. We’re favourites for this game no matter what some posters want to tell everyone.
We’re 11/10 and they’re 23/10 with the bookies.

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 09:19 AM
We’re 11/10 and they’re 23/10 with the bookies.

I’d had a look for that yesterday but couldn’t find it. Interesting to hear how they see it when there’s no emotion involved.

Wilson
15-09-2019, 09:27 AM

I'm more interested in how they fared against Motherwell compared to us. Played off the park but still worth two goals. We couldn't buy a goal and still can't. Throw in the fact that we're a soft team - usually not a good thing in a derby - and it doesn't add up to a win for me.

The bookies might have us favourites but then Man City were favourites against Norwich yesterday.

B.H.F.C
15-09-2019, 09:31 AM

I genuinely don’t think it’s even entered her head to get rid of him. Maybe the thousands of empty seats next week will make her take notice?

Everything about us stinks just now. We have a manager who is completely clueless. A bunch of players who are crap, with the half decent ones playing terribly. And a board and owner who don’t really seem to care about success in the pitch with absolutely no drive and ambition.

WhileTheChief..
15-09-2019, 09:46 AM
Price worth paying if we can then get a manager in.

flash
15-09-2019, 10:27 AM
Price worth paying if we can then get a manager in.

What is?

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 10:31 AM
What is?

A defeat to Hearts apparently. I'm actually curious as to what that means for next week for some posters... Will they be sitting in the stands actively wanting a Hearts win? :confused: Will they cheer a Hearts goal/boo a Hibs goal? Will there be some Hearts fans in the away end doing the same? :confused:

B.H.F.C
15-09-2019, 10:40 AM
A defeat to Hearts apparently. I'm actually curious as to what that means for next week for some posters... Will they be sitting in the stands actively wanting a Hearts win? :confused: Will they cheer a Hearts goal/boo a Hibs goal? Will there be some Hearts fans in the away end doing the same? :confused:

Once the game kicks off everybody will forget about everything else IMO.

It’s a derby so as long as the players have a proper go, they’ll be backed. If they have the same passive approach as they normally do, it’ll not be a nice place and rightly so.

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 10:42 AM
I couldn’t stomach ever wanting they ****s to win at anything let alone a derby game.

lord bunberry
15-09-2019, 12:08 PM
I'm more interested in how they fared against Motherwell compared to us. Played off the park but still worth two goals. We couldn't buy a goal and still can't. Throw in the fact that we're a soft team - usually not a good thing in a derby - and it doesn't add up to a win for me.

The bookies might have us favourites but then Man City were favourites against Norwich yesterday.
You won’t get any arguments from me on how we’re playing, but they’re struggling even more than us. Their fans tried to storm the boardroom yesterday it’s so bad. We should be tucking them away next week. I have my doubts that we will, but we absolutely should.