PDA

View Full Version : Takeover went well

Greenworld
15-09-2019, 06:23 AM
You know the saying careful what you wish for.
Is it just coincidence that our dramatic fall in form has happened since STF and our dear Rod P left the club?
It feels like the club has become a rudderless ship heading for the rocks.
LD needs to sort things out sharpish by throwing a man overboard.
Our new man Ron needs to get on board before there is a complete mutiny.
Never did I think we would miss Rods steady hand on the wheel but it's certainly looking that way.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Beefster
15-09-2019, 06:26 AM
We didn’t win a single one of our last five games under Farmer and Rodders.

Time For Heroes
15-09-2019, 06:33 AM
Stevenson 15

cabbageandribs1875
15-09-2019, 06:55 AM
so what's the competition all about then :confused:

Greenworld
15-09-2019, 06:56 AM
so what's the competition all about then :confused:No idea why that appeared

Greenworld
15-09-2019, 06:58 AM
We didn’t win a single one of our last five games under Farmer and Rodders.Yup that's true they had left all duties to LD [emoji6][emoji6]

SlickShoes
15-09-2019, 07:19 AM
Another clueless post, what exactly does the new owner need to do? He’s already been more visible than Tom Farmer was? Do you want him to fax the team sheet in every week?

Springbank
15-09-2019, 07:24 AM
Another clueless post, what exactly does the new owner need to do? He’s already been more visible than Tom Farmer was? Do you want him to fax the team sheet in every week?

Mate

He needs to sack the manager

Glad to clear that up for ya

Itsnoteasy
15-09-2019, 07:26 AM
Mate

And Dempster

HibbyAndy
15-09-2019, 07:28 AM
Stevenson 15

😂😂

Greenworld
15-09-2019, 10:07 AM
Another clueless post, what exactly does the new owner need to do? He’s already been more visible than Tom Farmer was? Do you want him to fax the team sheet in every week?Clueless can only mean your happy with everything.
The fact your asking the question about the owner says it all really

Keith_M
15-09-2019, 10:09 AM
Is it just coincidence that our dramatic fall in form has happened since STF and our dear Rod P left the club?

Yes.

Jones28
15-09-2019, 10:11 AM
Oh ffs, this is hysteria. The manager was in post before RG took over. The manager is the given a budget, approved before RG took over, he signed everyone bar Naismith and Hallberg before RG was in the door. This is not board level failing, this is incompetent management on the park.

Heisenberg
15-09-2019, 10:12 AM
Oh ffs, this is hysteria. The manager was in post before RG took over. The manager is the given a budget, approved before RG took over, he signed everyone bar Naismith and Hallberg before RG was in the door. This is not board level failing, this is incompetent management on the park.

And off the park by LD and George Craig. Both living off of the glories brought about by the Stubbs era. We’ve been brutal for a long time when it comes to recruitment minus a couple of quality signings in January.

Keith_M
15-09-2019, 10:16 AM

:agree:

When the team is playing badly, some people seem to take great delight in knocking everything related to Hibs.

The guy's just in the door but he's already to blame for everything

Spike Mandela
15-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Ron said he would take a few months to see how things worked here, review operations etc. He will be doing that. We are already seeing some corporate changes I think.

Patience is required I would guess.

McKenzie
15-09-2019, 10:25 AM
Boys been in a couple of months and people expect him to review a full business. If any other team sacks a manager after a few games there is outrage. Ron will fully know that Hecky is on his last chance now.

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 10:39 AM
Ron said he would take a few months to see how things worked here, review operations etc. He will be doing that. We are already seeing some corporate changes I think.

Patience is required I would guess.

We don’t have a few months at this rate. Bottom six pish and falling crowds. Not sure how that’s healthy for his investment.

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 10:40 AM
Boys been in a couple of months and people expect him to review a full business. If any other team sacks a manager after a few games there is outrage. Ron will fully know that Hecky is on his last chance now.

Many new owners replace the manager with a new one once taking over a club. Nobody would blink an eye if Hecky got punted.

SlickShoes
15-09-2019, 10:58 AM
Mate

It's not his job to sack the manager

SlickShoes
15-09-2019, 11:00 AM
Many new owners replace the manager with a new one once taking over a club. Nobody would blink an eye if Hecky got punted.

If he had sacked him as soon as he walked in the door folk would have been raging, it's Leeann's job to sack Hecky, not Ron's. We aren't Romanov era Hearts.

H18S NX
15-09-2019, 11:05 AM
It's not his job to sack the manager.....REALLY,i would have thought if he wanted the manager gone,he would be gone.

Hermit Crab
15-09-2019, 11:07 AM
.....REALLY,i would have thought if he wanted the manager gone,he would be gone.

I would certainly expect him to seek advice from LD and discuss PH's future. LD would do the sacking though.

However, Ron could phone LD and tell her to sack PH and she'd have to do it. Orders are orders.

Torto7
15-09-2019, 11:12 AM
Oh aye Petrie was a roaring success. Steady hand at the wheel:faf:.

DarlingtonHibee
15-09-2019, 12:07 PM
And Dempster

That made me laugh 😂.

Put the drugs away.

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 12:08 PM
If he had sacked him as soon as he walked in the door folk would have been raging, it's Leeann's job to sack Hecky, not Ron's. We aren't Romanov era Hearts.

There’s still a very valid excuse to sack now.

From the owners point he’s come in kept the manager let him haven’t he budget and it’s not worked, perhaps time for someone of his choosing.

DarlingtonHibee
15-09-2019, 12:11 PM
There’s still a very valid excuse🙄🙄 to sack now.

From the owners point he’s come in kept the manager let him haven’t he budget and it’s not worked, perhaps time for someone of his choosing.

Aye Ron will know the market well

Jones28
15-09-2019, 12:16 PM
And off the park by LD and George Craig. Both living off of the glories brought about by the Stubbs era. We’ve been brutal for a long time when it comes to recruitment minus a couple of quality signings in January.

Promotion? Fourth placed finish? Good European run? 2 semi finals under NL? 3 decent windows under NL?

Come off it, there’s so much revisionist crap being spouted on here at the moment.

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 12:28 PM
Aye Ron will know the market well

As well as the folk that appointed our HC the now.

Scotty Leither
15-09-2019, 12:33 PM
So who sits down with the manager on a Monday and critiques the results/performances?

Dempster? Craig?

The new owner isn't a football man and neither is his man on the Board, Paton, so i'm intrigued as to what the line of responsibility is, or are team matters just discussed at the monthly Board meetings along with all other business?

Kieran - can you shed any light on how it all hangs together?

Heisenberg
15-09-2019, 12:43 PM
Promotion? Fourth placed finish? Good European run? 2 semi finals under NL? 3 decent windows under NL?

Come off it, there’s so much revisionist crap being spouted on here at the moment.

Our “footballing department” has been failing for ages now, you can’t hide from that. A couple of season saving January transfer windows aside our recruitment is dreadful. We had all summer to address our issues and failed miserably.

We are also failing off the park at a corporate level but it looks like Ron is trying to get that fixed.

Also, we were favourites for promotion. We played turgid boring football and drew our way up. A fourth placed finish which was well deserved but should’ve been so much better, we failed when it mattered most.

Speedway
15-09-2019, 01:07 PM
What odds a LD out + RP in = RP/RG dream ticket scenario?

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 01:11 PM
What odds a LD out + RP in = RP/RG dream ticket scenario?

Petrie is in his dream role. We should chore Motherwell ceo again.

Jones28
15-09-2019, 01:16 PM
Our “footballing department” has been failing for ages now, you can’t hide from that. A couple of season saving January transfer windows aside our recruitment is dreadful. We had all summer to address our issues and failed miserably.

We are also failing off the park at a corporate level but it looks like Ron is trying to get that fixed.

Also, we were favourites for promotion. We played turgid boring football and drew our way up. A fourth placed finish which was well deserved but should’ve been so much better, we failed when it mattered most.

The thing is that both season were going relatively well to start with, last season we were ravaged by injuries and the season before that we weren’t doing badly. The January window last year was vital because of injuries and the football department got it right. The season before that they smashed it out the ****ing park by getting Kamberi, McLaren and Allan.

I would argue them as successes, not failures.

Not getting a main sponsor is poor, but again with the foundation they’ve made the best out of a bad situation. Who else is queuing up to sponsor Scottish football?

Bloody hell, real barrel of laughs you are. If you can’t see the positives in any of that stuff then I’m wasting my time arguing with you.

DarlingtonHibee
15-09-2019, 01:43 PM
As well as the folk that appointed our HC the now.

As long as you are happy in your own opinion

Paisley Hibby
15-09-2019, 02:23 PM
And Dempster

Is that you trolling again? 😂

Viva_Palmeiras
15-09-2019, 06:24 PM
Never did I think we would miss Rods steady hand on the wheel but it's certainly looking that way.

Quite possibly the most leftfield perspective on the current state of the nation at Hibs, with this comment we might just have come full circle - like it ! ;)

nice imagery - fond of a sailing metaphor myself so I’ll continue it.

We set sail with a destination (a to b ideally) in mind however the conditions (currents, winds, weather). This can mean we need to take a different tack from time to time and I think this is where the club probably views itself (rightly or wrongly) and not quite at the point of throwing a man overboard.

Hecky appears to have either not studied the charts or is calling it wise after the event on players adjusting. To persist with relative wholesale changes rather than incremental hes
gambled on hopefully short term pain for longer term gain. Even the non-flying Dutchman who went on to become one of the most legendary players for Arsenal (Bergkamp) suffered a stuttering start to his career in England. We’re talking different leagues here and larger quantities of players. Only time will tell whether the hard-tack will pay off.

As an aside - there used to be the a Round the World yaught race - sponsored by BT at one stage. It’s round the world something like 8 stages. amateur crews - professional captain sail against the tides and the winds. One place I used to work for entered. They performed poorly but led on the longest and most difficult leg they lead right up until Sydney opera House just a few short turns til reaching Darling Harbour. They hit a spot and the wind dropped they sat and sat and were helpless as 2 ships took different tacks caught the wind, overtook them in the final stretch and they ended up third.

Hecky needs to learn change tack and motor on. Hopefully he learns quicker otherwise looks like Motherwell at least will leave us trailing in their wake.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-09-2019, 06:30 PM

What contraints have we been operating under and what has change to make our recruitment dept go from hiring a Scottish Cup winning team and subsequently promotion to now?

it may well lie in the amounts we are now able to pay in agents fees. Last year the EEN reported us as paying circa 150k (3rd behind the uglies) and way above 4 - Aberdeen on £53k iirc.

SlickShoes
15-09-2019, 08:22 PM
There’s still a very valid excuse to sack now.

There is a reason to sack him and Leeann should be doing that

DarlingtonHibee
15-09-2019, 08:26 PM
Go on then please tell us the reason.

Not a good start but looked unlucky yesterday, qf league Cup to win.

Who's paying off pH and rs contracts, not you

Hiber-nation
15-09-2019, 08:59 PM

Just to confirm that we weren't unlucky yesterday. Thought I should point that out.

Iain G
15-09-2019, 09:07 PM

It's just someone covering all the bases to make sure we blame everyone connected with Hibs of being the reason it's not working at the moment.

Has anyone done Tam McCourt yet?

Hermit Crab
16-09-2019, 01:05 AM

We never looked unlucky, we looked pish - and were.

Beefster
16-09-2019, 06:03 AM

No, it is us who pays for the vast majority of pay-offs for crap managers.

Keith_M
16-09-2019, 01:28 PM
We never looked unlucky, we looked pish - and were.

We actually looked quite good for large parts of the game, especially in the first half.

Killie put all eleven behind the ball when we were attacking and we didn't have anyone good enough on the day (or not good enough at all, depending on your point of view) to beat their defence.

They were very good on the counter attack and we got caught out with one of those and then defended poorly at the second goal.

Hibs were not actually p1sh, just not good enough to beat a fairly decent Killie team. We have to improve quite a bit, though, or that kind of performance will see us mid-table at the end of the season.

Sean1875
16-09-2019, 01:53 PM
I wonder if RG is wondering what the **** hes let himself in for yet?

PaulSmith
16-09-2019, 03:59 PM
We actually looked quite good for large parts of the game, especially in the first half.

Killie put all eleven behind the ball when we were attacking and we didn't have anyone good enough on the day (or not good enough at all, depending on your point of view) to beat their defence.

They were very good on the counter attack and we got caught out with one of those and then defended poorly at the second goal.

Hibs were not actually p1sh, just not good enough to beat a fairly decent Killie team. We have to improve quite a bit, though, or that kind of performance will see us mid-table at the end of the season.

Keith..Hibs are the most predictable and boring team in the league. Kilmarnock, Motherwell, St Johnstone and even St Mirren all had the same tactics.

Let Hibs pass the ball sideways, backwards, little triangles in the middle of the park but when it comes into Scott Allan close him down very quickly as he is the only one capable of a killer pass.

We don’t cross the ball often as Kamberi isn’t decent in the air and we don’t have any midfielder arriving into the box due to most of them being exactly the same type of player.

Likewise they are confident that Kamberi will lose the ball when he has his back to goal, get close to him and the centre half or def midfielder will come away with the ball.

When the latter two things happen teams attack at pace on the counter, our two full backs will more than likely be pushed on and we’ll have our two centre halves high up the park.

So unless the manager changes what every opposition manager or scout and can see then nothing material will change. We will continue to see results and performances like Saturday, loads of nothing passing, possession of the ball, not a lot of chances created but we’ll lose at least one or two goals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tonyrougier123
16-09-2019, 04:46 PM
Keith..Hibs are the most predictable and boring team in the league. Kilmarnock, Motherwell, St Johnstone and even St Mirren all had the same tactics.

Let Hibs pass the ball sideways, backwards, little triangles in the middle of the park but when it comes into Scott Allan close him down very quickly as he is the only one capable of a killer pass.

We don’t cross the ball often as Kamberi isn’t decent in the air and we don’t have any midfielder arriving into the box due to most of them being exactly the same type of player.

Likewise they are confident that Kamberi will lose the ball when he has his back to goal, get close to him and the centre half or def midfielder will come away with the ball.

When the latter two things happen teams attack at pace on the counter, our two full backs will more than likely be pushed on and we’ll have our two centre halves high up the park.

So unless the manager changes what every opposition manager or scout and can see then nothing material will change. We will continue to see results and performances like Saturday, loads of nothing passing, possession of the ball, not a lot of chances created but we’ll lose at least one or two goals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spot on with that post brother 👏

ScottB
16-09-2019, 04:55 PM
Ultimately, it’s about appearances.

The new owner came in a few months ago, he’s never owned a football club before, he has no experience of Scottish football. He said he’d be looking to learn, review and leave things to carry on as they were.

Things haven’t gone well, but would a manager in Hecky’s circumstances have been sacked quicker under Farmer / Petrie? Doubtful. We only see what happens in public, for all we know, the new leadership are banging the table internally and demanding improvement. I’d hope they were.

Had we sacked him after a couple games, it’d be a bad spin, the media could easily make out our new setup had acted rashly, potential new managers might be put off etc. Frustrating though it is, Heckingbottom has been given enough time to show he’s not up to the task, which, I guess, is only right. It’s going to cost us money to punt him after all.

What I’m looking for, from our new owner, is how we conduct the recovery from this mess. It’s not his fault, but the next guy will be the first to be appointed in our new era. It’s a hugely important decision.

Fife-Hibee
16-09-2019, 05:15 PM

Are you serious? :hilarious

Who handed the club over to the current owner?

B.H.F.C
16-09-2019, 05:43 PM

We weren’t under a great deal of pressure but we never created a clear cut chance all game. 2 or 3 efforts from 25 yards was all we could muster.

We weren’t good and more performances like that, where you don’t create anything yet lose a couple of goals despite being under no real pressure, won’t see us as high as mid table.

Springbank
16-09-2019, 07:02 PM
We weren’t under a great deal of pressure but we never created a clear cut chance all game. 2 or 3 efforts from 25 yards was all we could muster.

We weren’t good and more performances like that, where you don’t create anything yet lose a couple of goals despite being under no real pressure, won’t see us as high as mid table.

Agree - and what I would like to see and hear from board & manager is some urgency & some communication to the effect we have the 4th or 5th biggest budget in the league, we are clearly underperforming and urgent targets have been set to turn this round.

Without that, the vibe is very 2009 to 2014

Complacency at boardroom level, disinterest in the dressing room, a bunch of people who dont deserve a shot at a special club throwing away their careers & our feel good factor.

If folk like football they should relish being at a club like Hibs in a city like Edinburgh.

I get literally zero sense of that from our board, our manager, our new signings

B.H.F.C
16-09-2019, 07:11 PM
Agree - and what I would like to see and hear from board & manager is some urgency & some communication to the effect we have the 4th or 5th biggest budget in the league, we are clearly underperforming and urgent targets have been set to turn this round.

Without that, the vibe is very 2009 to 2014

Complacency at boardroom level, disinterest in the dressing room, a bunch of people who dont deserve a shot at a special club throwing away their careers & our feel good factor.

If folk like football they should relish being at a club like Hibs in a city like Edinburgh.

I get literally zero sense of that from our board, our manager, our new signings

I agree with most of that but I’m not really interested in hearing from them to be honest.

The last couple of times we’ve heard from Dempster she’s made some ridiculous statements. We hear the same generic garbage from Heckingbottom on a weekly basis and will do again this week. And no doubt we’ll have a couple of players telling us that a derby win will ‘kickstart’ our season.

I just want to see some actions rather words but I’ll not get my hopes up. It feels like we’re going to be happy to just let it drift.

ancient hibee
16-09-2019, 09:14 PM
Exactly.Mallan today in the papers with the “win the derby and the fans will forgive us”line.

Fanforlife
16-09-2019, 09:22 PM
Don't know if relevant or if going to be a good or a bad outcome but recently been told by what/who I consider a good source that Peruvian Ron has accountants going over everything with a fine tooth comb
There has been,and will be more cuts made.

ancient hibee
16-09-2019, 09:31 PM
Don't know if relevant or if going to be a good or a bad outcome but recently been told by what/who I consider a good source that Peruvian Ron has accountants going over everything with a fine tooth comb

That’ll be why they’ve been advertising for more commercial people at a total salary cost of well over £100K presumably.You should tell your source to think up better stories.

tamig
16-09-2019, 09:40 PM

While at the same time recruiting heavily for backroom posts? Doesn’t really fit the narrative.

Fanforlife
16-09-2019, 09:43 PM
Only passing on what I was told,perhaps cuts are being made to afford the salary you speak of? As for source thinking up stories that I can assure you is not what they did,but you crack on with being snide!just look out for big changes over the next few months then get back to me,if they don't happen I will be more than willing to admit source was wrong,reply meant for ancient hibee.

superfurryhibby
16-09-2019, 09:52 PM
Why the **** did wee Ron even buy Hibs? Has he actually said anything about his ambitions for the club.

Fanforlife
16-09-2019, 10:00 PM
Why the **** did wee Ron even buy Hibs? Has he actually said anything about his ambitions for the club.Dont think anyone has a clue regarding that m8.only thing I've heard him spraffing about is the academy being improved. He possibly has said more but not to my knowledge.

Greencore
16-09-2019, 11:01 PM
Why the **** did wee Ron even buy Hibs? Has he actually said anything about his ambitions for the club.

Said in his first interview on sky sports he wanted to be best of the rest (2nd, 3rd?)

He really needs to come out and let the fans know his ambitions for the club. That being said sir Tom Farmer always said he wanted to pass hibs to someone who could take us to the next level.

CraigHibee
16-09-2019, 11:58 PM

:rolleyes:

The 90+2
17-09-2019, 12:23 AM
Imagine being bought over by some guy and not having a clue why he bought us, or what he’s invested in, or why there’s so many holdings over everything and have a head coach tell us for the last couple of months he’s no money to spend at all. Mackie ffs had to go out on loan to get Middleton and talk of loaning shaw to get someone else 😂😂 it’s a complete **** up. That’s before no sponsors and lack of any communication from anyone apart from Kieran who’s doing a terrific job.