PDA

View Full Version : 'Highlights' they said . . .

JohnM1875
15-09-2019, 12:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQGAWE93kgI

Or if you'd like an alternate flavour;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKRd6vu9L2o

Think they guys obviously a Hibs fan. Found him on Youtube a wee while ago. Quite enjoy it.

CMurdoch
15-09-2019, 01:15 AM
The 2nd goal is appalling.
Hanlon out of position has to make the pass or clear otherwise a breakaway and goal for the opposition as it is impossible to cover with 2 defenders given Stevenson's absence from left back.

Booked4Being-Ugly
15-09-2019, 01:38 AM
How the f••• can teams with less money than us manage to find wingers with pace that can hit the by-line and put in decent crosses?!

Sir David Gray
15-09-2019, 06:02 AM
That second goal's a shocker. Awful defending.

gbur123ukgb
15-09-2019, 06:19 AM
That second goal's a shocker. Awful defending.

Remarkably seem unable to tackle or track runners.
First goal the gk should have been out quicker.
Give ball away seem unable to get it back .
Dont look fit .
Clearly not good enough .

Centre Hawf
15-09-2019, 06:45 AM
The 2nd goal is appalling.
Hanlon out of position has to make the pass or clear otherwise a breakaway and goal for the opposition as it is impossible to cover with 2 defenders given Stevenson's absence from left back.

I actually didn't think the pass was that bad but yet again Stevie Mallan decided to be as soft as ever and pull out and not bust a gut to win the ball back. Laughable he's still getting a start it really is.

Allant1981
15-09-2019, 07:36 AM
I actually didn't think the pass was that bad but yet again Stevie Mallan decided to be as soft as ever and pull out and not bust a gut to win the ball back. Laughable he's still getting a start it really is.

Sorry but no one should be getting grief for that second goal except Hanlon, the pass was utter gash. mallan would have had to be like Usain bolt to get back, the ball and boy were off and away before mallan even got to turn around

Crab apple
15-09-2019, 07:38 AM
Sorry but no one should be getting grief for that second goal except Hanlon, the pass was utter gash. mallan would have had to be like Usain bolt to get back, the ball and boy were off and away before mallan even got turn to turn around

Hanlon has been poor for months in a really poor team.

lyonhibs
15-09-2019, 07:38 AM
Sorry but no one should be getting grief for that second goal except Hanlon, the pass was utter gash. mallan would have had to be like Usain bolt to get back, the ball and boy were off and away before mallan even got turn to turn around

Yep, sold Mallan many yards short there. Hanlon knew it was his fault as well if you see his reaction as the ball goes in the net.

Centre Hawf
15-09-2019, 07:48 AM
Sorry but no one should be getting grief for that second goal except Hanlon, the pass was utter gash. mallan would have had to be like Usain bolt to get back, the ball and boy were off and away before mallan even got to turn around

Fair enough. The pass wasn't exactly on his toe and Hanlon doesn't cover himself in glory at all by immediately trying to dive in and make up for it. But Mallan is caught on his heels and doesn't put a leg into a 50/50 as per usual. He sticks a leg out and either wins the ball/gets a yellow we don't concede that second goal.

bigwheel
15-09-2019, 07:54 AM
Fair enough. The pass wasn't exactly on his toe and Hanlon doesn't cover himself in glory at all by immediately trying to dive in and make up for it. But Mallan is caught on his heels and doesn't put a leg into a 50/50 as per usual. He sticks a leg out and either wins the ball/gets a yellow we don't concede that second goal.

It was Hanlon’s error - and he knew it..a weak pass into an area where there where two opposing players running on to the ball..should have played it longer and with more pace ..

Kilmarnock’s tactics all game were to give us the ball and counter when we made a mistake - worked great for them...two errors from us - well and truly punished ..

Allant1981
15-09-2019, 07:56 AM

I watched it again and I still cant agree, mallan is not to blame for that goal. The boy was away from him as soon as the ball was at mallan. Even if he had tried to foul I dont think he would have been able to. The defender was running on to it giving him the advantage.

GreenCastle
15-09-2019, 07:56 AM
2nd goal sums us up this season.

No midfield.

Awful attempt to track back.

Opposition players lining up to finish.

Shambles.

Centre Hawf
15-09-2019, 08:03 AM
I watched it again and I still cant agree, mallan is not to blame for that goal. The boy was away from him as soon as the ball was at mallan. Even if he had tried to foul I dont think he would have been able to. The defender was running on to it giving him the advantage.

I think you and other posters are right in that Hanlon is the immediate issue in that goal. I still just think Mallan could have done much more to salvage that situation than he did. He let the boy run past him and put his arms in the air. I'm sorry but 1-0 down in the 80th minute you need to start doing what you can to ensure that they don't get breakaways like that to kill off any chance of salvaging a point.

That includes Hanlon diving in and misplacing the initial pass.

SMAXXA
15-09-2019, 08:05 AM

Just watched the highlights and your spot on, another 2 goals conceded through piss poor defending regardless of midfield or lack of it.

madhatter
15-09-2019, 08:55 AM
Hanlon is mainly at fault but Mallan is not totally exempt from blame. Neither are all of the midfield. The midfields attempt to get back was woeful. When you get the different angle of it, Mallan and, I think it was Hallberg (may have been Newell), are jogging. The players lining up on the edge of the box to score were midfielders. Most of our midfield were 10 yards behind.

Run as hard in defence as you do in attack was what I was taught and I never played in midfield...

Team still stink. If we could keep passing sideways for 90mins we would draw a game as we are ok at passing in safe areas. Trying to win a game or get back into a game and we are destined to lose. Our shape and general play out of possession is shocking. The passive press just stinks, sprint to within 5 yards of opponent then stand virtually pointing out how he can make an easy 10 yard pass to an unmarked teammate and get around your press in seconds. Then go back to jogging while you are out of position...

wookie70
15-09-2019, 09:53 AM
Hanlon wasn't great for the second but he is dealing with a bouncing ball and being closed down. From the angle on the highlights it looks like he passed into an area that Mallan had every chance of competing for the ball. A couple of passes later goal. Poor defending as he could have launched it but he tried to play it. Reaction of fans is to go nuts at Hanlon.

The first goal sees Scottie Allan in pretty much uncontested possession. He waits to see a pass and as a Killie boy gets close to him he tries a high difficulty with little reward threaded pass which rolls right through to the Keeper without any chance of a Hibs player getting near it. This wasn't like the pass at Ibrox with a runner who could score he was passing to fairly static forward players. Cliff calls it a good ball unbelievably! GK collects and two passes later Killie score after a shocking mistake from Porteous and poor goalkeeping from Rockie as he should easily have swept that ball considering the distance it travelled. The pass was made easier by Kamberi and Allan not closing the defender that launched it. The game changes and it all comes from a pass that should never have been made.

That pass from Allan was the start of the downfall yesterday, from what I can see in the highlights. We were in a promising position and he gifted them possession. The heads probably go down a bit as we are needlessly defending again and our concentration is lost.

Hanlon's attempted pass was at a time we had to gamble and was a far harder situation to deal with yet he gets torn apart on here and Allan seems immune from criticism. Again the goals look like they come from the players lack of desire or basic errors. Nothing to do with formations, there were players in position to deal with the situation and they made errors of judgement or failed to put the boot in(Mallan for the second). Heck can definitely be called out for the apparent lack of motivation and recruitment that hasn't brought in the required grit but the goals we are conceding are all down to the players. Very basic stuff on most occasions that they would have been taught over many years.

Vault Boy
15-09-2019, 09:58 AM
Yeah, second goal really is a shocker. Hanlon really putting himself in it at the moment.

Helensburghhibs
15-09-2019, 10:02 AM
First goal is a decent ball from a team who know that balls over the top hold up on their brutal pitch. That aside porto and for me marciano needs to do better. Of you see the striker doesn't touch the ball until its in the box, for a ball that's travelled so far I thought he could have at least been right out at his feet of not cutting out the ball.

The second sums us up this year. Given away cheap by hanlon whilst out of possession, then zero desire to win it back. Stevie mallan has the heart of a mouse and was summed up in one lost 50/50.

At the moment when a player makes a mistake there is no desire from his team mates to help him out and make it right. I actually don't think they have had that hard a time from the fans considering the start we have made, but, lose the Derby and they could be in for a shock.

Box 17
15-09-2019, 10:12 AM
Yes, the goals we conceded were bad ones to lose. However the bigger concern to me was, aside from 2 efforts from outside the box, I can't recall us creating any significant chances.

To be fair, we didn't play that badly for much of the game but the midfield and up front has no cutting edge and you just know that if we lose a goal then we are going to be struggling to come back.

Hermit Crab
15-09-2019, 10:19 AM
Yeah, second goal really is a shocker. Hanlon really putting himself in it at the moment.

Horrendous from him, never a captain either. Needs replaced with Jackson next week.

hibeerealist
15-09-2019, 02:00 PM
Horrendous from him, never a captain either. Needs replaced with Jackson next week.

Have to agree - playing poorly (very sometimes) and is not a captain.

Rest him and let’s see if he can get back to the PH we know, in time.

FifeHibs
15-09-2019, 02:06 PM

Jackson is a championship holding centre half. Positioning is awful, touch non existent, another complete waste of a wage by Heckingbottom.

overdrive
15-09-2019, 03:33 PM
Jackson is a championship holding centre half. Positioning is awful, touch non existent, another complete waste of a wage by Heckingbottom.

Yep. Jackson isn’t great either. To add to your list, I’ve never seen a forward pass from him reach a Hibs player.

we are hibs
15-09-2019, 03:36 PM
Yep. Jackson isn’t great either. To add to your list, I’ve never seen a forward pass from him reach a Hibs player.

Im not keen on jackson either. I dont like the way he dives in and tries to make big blocks. Mcpake used to do the same and its a disaster waiting to happen.

California-Hibs
15-09-2019, 03:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQGAWE93kgI

Or if you'd like an alternate flavour;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKRd6vu9L2o

Think they guys obviously a Hibs fan. Found him on Youtube a wee while ago. Quite enjoy it.

I watch his highlights too, they're great

Pretty Boy
15-09-2019, 03:55 PM
Hanlon is poor for the 2nd goal but who is it that absolutely bottles the resulting 50/50? If that was a team mate you'd be tempted to knock them out.

lyonhibs
15-09-2019, 03:57 PM
First goal is a decent ball from a team who know that balls over the top hold up on their brutal pitch. That aside porto and for me marciano needs to do better. Of you see the striker doesn't touch the ball until its in the box, for a ball that's travelled so far I thought he could have at least been right out at his feet of not cutting out the ball.

The second sums us up this year. Given away cheap by hanlon whilst out of possession, then zero desire to win it back. Stevie mallan has the heart of a mouse and was summed up in one lost 50/50.

At the moment when a player makes a mistake there is no desire from his team mates to help him out and make it right. I actually don't think they have had that hard a time from the fans considering the start we have made, but, lose the Derby and they could be in for a shock.

If you think the challenge that Mallan "lost" was really a 50/50 then it's a trip to Specsavers for you. He got sold up the river by a ***** pass from Hanlon

Helensburghhibs
15-09-2019, 03:58 PM
If you think the challenge that Mallan "lost" was really a 50/50 then it's a trip to Specsavers for you. He got sold up the river by a ***** pass from Hanlon

Of course it was. If he had went in with a bit of heart and desire then I would say that at least 50% of the time he would win it

SMAXXA
15-09-2019, 04:13 PM
Did PH honestly say they had 2 shots on goals am sure I counted a lot more than that in the highlights reel.

15-09-2019, 04:33 PM
How can Hecky describe Killie's first goal a clearance! Fabulous cross field pass and what pace by the lad Miller.

Second goal they just played right through us and we were all over the place. They were lining up to score.

They were better than us in every department yesterday.
Solid at the back, controlled the midfield and broke well on the counter when we were repeatedly caught in possession.
Up top finished the chances they created.

If Hecky thinks we were in control of that game he better get himself along to Specsavers.

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2019, 04:36 PM

The only problem with that is he's pish as well.

ahibby
15-09-2019, 05:11 PM

I agree with this and not for the first time Mallan puts us on the back foot and gives them the impetus. Still enough time to recover yes perhaps but defending while getting back isn't the easiest of defending manoeuvres. Last game too Mallan, no tackle and leads to a goal, this time the same. He should be subbed like anyone else not doing enough.

The_Horde
15-09-2019, 06:00 PM

No thanks. I'll have the Hibs daft, cup winning CH.

Hermit Crab
15-09-2019, 06:49 PM
No thanks. I'll have the Hibs daft, cup winning CH.

Even though he's murder? He shouldn't be a guaranteed starter, he's off form, a poor player and gives goals away. Naismith will run rings round him next Sunday. (if he's fit)

Being a Hibs fan and cup winner shouldn't come into it and doesn't wash with me. You have to earn your place in the team. Theres no way he's done that for the last 9 months.

The_Horde
15-09-2019, 06:53 PM
Even though he's murder? He shouldn't be a guaranteed starter, he's off form, a poor player and gives goals away. Naismith will run rings round him next Sunday. (if he's fit)

Being a Hibs fan and cup winner shouldn't come into it and doesn't wash with me. You have to earn your place in the team. Theres no way he's done that for the last 9 months.

He's not on good form and he's not been for a long time but murder is a bit dramatic. And he's still probably our best option