14-09-2019, 08:19 PM
[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
14-09-2019, 08:20 PM
His recent record is worse than Hecky's :confused:

Hibeesforever
14-09-2019, 08:22 PM
Come home Alan, your destiny is waiting, sort out this shambles...

Dalianwanda
14-09-2019, 08:23 PM
Noooooooo.

But forever a legend :thumbsup:

stoneyburn hibs
14-09-2019, 08:23 PM
Make it happen.

There's clearly something missing in your life.

Cabbage-Patch
14-09-2019, 08:29 PM
Not this again... Stubbs will always be a club legend but he has had his time. Jumped ship to the mighty Rotherham after one of our greatest triumphs and got found out. Took a job at St Mirren and lasted about 2 months. Let's move on

Torto7062
14-09-2019, 08:32 PM
Come home Alan, your destiny is waiting, sort out this shambles...

Not for me.....
Legend but in the past

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2019, 08:38 PM
Make it happen.

League failure with more than one Scottish club so no thanks.

RoYO!
14-09-2019, 08:40 PM
I’d have him back.

Although I’ve recently said I’d take Grantt Stott in the role..

heretoday
14-09-2019, 08:44 PM
Please no.

lord bunberry
14-09-2019, 08:50 PM
**** yes. He just what we need right now.

bigwheel
14-09-2019, 08:52 PM
There is nothing to suggest Stubbs without Doolan and Taff would be the right choice for our club ...

California-Hibs
14-09-2019, 08:53 PM
I'd take him no problem.

Speedway
14-09-2019, 08:56 PM
He won’t be back.

lyonhibs
14-09-2019, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the memories but no.

Eaststand
14-09-2019, 08:58 PM
**** yes. He just what we need right now.

Spot on mate,
Hecky out ASAP, then Stubbs should get the job at least til the end of the season.

GGTTH

we are hibs
14-09-2019, 09:00 PM
Stubbs should have been brought in as caretaker when Lennon went until the end of the season. Then the club wouldve removed the growing pressure on themselves that happened when weeks went by with no manager. If we were also in takeover discussions at the time surely it wouldve made more sense to get someone in temporarily until the new owner arrives then he has a fresh base to build on rather than backing a man he didnt appoint?

Speedway
14-09-2019, 09:02 PM
Stubbs should have been brought in as caretaker when Lennon went until the end of the season. Then the club wouldve removed the growing pressure on themselves that happened when weeks went by with no manager. If we were also in takeover discussions at the time surely it wouldve made more sense to get someone in temporarily until the new owner arrives then he has a fresh base to build on rather than backing a man he didnt appoint?

The club couldn’t bring Stubbs back for the reason we don’t discuss on here.

Vault Boy
14-09-2019, 09:04 PM
I'd take Stubbs back. Plays football on the deck, signs and develops young talent, knows the Scottish game inside-out and a Hibs legend to boot. He's adored by the fans and players alike, I think that's important right now...

bigwheel
14-09-2019, 09:05 PM

That is rubbish - the club are on record that they tried hard to keep Stubbs when he left - therefore, it is a complete myth that is a barrier ...they have chosen not to bring him back, because the don’t think he is the right man for the the role ....

we are hibs
14-09-2019, 09:06 PM

The club can do what they want. Who says we couldnt bring him back? Dempster? She isnt the club as much as she thinks she is.

Speedway
14-09-2019, 09:07 PM
That is rubbish - the club are on record that they tried hard to keep Stubbs when he left - therefore, it is a complete myth that is a barrier ...they have chosen not to bring him back, because the don’t think he is the right man for the the role ....

The club are also on record saying we had a great summer transfer window.

bigwheel
14-09-2019, 09:08 PM
The club are also on record saying we had a great summer transfer window.

One is opinion, one is fact ...Dempster drove down to England to try to retain him ...complete myth that he can’t come back ...

MSK
14-09-2019, 09:13 PM
One is opinion, one is fact ...Dempster drove down to England to try to retain him ...complete myth that he can’t come back ...Did she really ?

bigwheel
14-09-2019, 09:13 PM
Did she really ?

Yes

Speedway
14-09-2019, 09:14 PM
One is opinion, one is fact ...Dempster drove down to England to try to retain him ...complete myth that he can’t come back ...

Complete fact he can’t come back.

Well I guess he could but persona non gratas generally don’t get to return.

MSK
14-09-2019, 09:14 PM
YesShe didnt really

bigwheel
14-09-2019, 09:15 PM
Complete fact he can’t come back.

Well I guess he could but persona non gratas generally don’t get to return.

he won’t be back - not because of your make believe reasons ..

The_Horde
14-09-2019, 09:15 PM
She didnt really

Are you insinuating that the board are lying to us?

bigwheel
14-09-2019, 09:16 PM
She didnt really

If you are going to ask a question , that people know the answer too..then why not just believe it , rather than answer like that?

MSK
14-09-2019, 09:19 PM
If you are going to ask a question , that people know the answer too..then why not just believe it , rather than answer like that?Because if true Dempster emptied him for (cant post it on here) then why the **** would she chase after him ? Or are you saying that didnt happen either ?

Speedway
14-09-2019, 09:19 PM
he won’t be back - not because of your make believe reasons ..

‘Make believe’. Lol.

MSK
14-09-2019, 09:20 PM
Are you insinuating that the board are lying to us?Eh, Im speaking to the organ grinder, not the monkey 👍

Iain G
14-09-2019, 09:21 PM
For us folks not in the loop, can someone bring us up to speed on what on earth is being alluded to and insinuated as to why he couldn't come back?!?

bigwheel
14-09-2019, 09:23 PM
Because if true Dempster emptied him for (cant post it on here) then why the **** would she chase after him ? Or are you saying that didnt happen either ?

He resigned for the Rotherham job - was never sacked ...that is common knowledge..the alleged rumours about him did not result in him being asked to leave his post..no idea whether they are true or not (suspect they are) but he was not sacked , wasn’t going to be sacked and yes, we did try hard to keep him here ...

Hibs4185
14-09-2019, 09:24 PM
First off he will be cheap, very cheap after st mirren etc.

He will be desperate to prove himself again

He knows the club

He’s loved by the fans

Can he be any worse than we have now? No

He might not be the Perfect choice and have us challenging for 2nd or 3rd, but he would definitely be a vast improvement on what we have now and at least try to play decent football.

Sign him up

Glory Lurker
14-09-2019, 09:25 PM
To quote The Wonder Stuff:

No no no no no no no no no no no no no.

JohnM1875
14-09-2019, 09:28 PM
For us folks not in the loop, can someone bring us up to speed on what on earth is being alluded to and insinuated as to why he couldn't come back?!?

Guessing just rumours about Alan and a member of our physio staff who is now away working for a women's football team? Again, all just rumour though so no one really knows man.

Unseen work
14-09-2019, 09:29 PM
Hes really not the answer

MSK
14-09-2019, 09:30 PM
He resigned for the Rotherham job - was never sacked ...that is common knowledge..the alleged rumours about him did not result in him being asked to leave his post..no idea whether they are true or not (suspect they are) but he was not sacked , wasn’t going to be sacked and yes, we did try hard to keep him here ...Of course he wasnt sacked, he was asked politely to resign due to the alleged rumours. I worked with a very close friend of the person whom was allegedly involved, she has absolutley nothing to do with hibs or football for that matter, I have absolutely no reason to disbelieve her.

JohnM1875
14-09-2019, 09:31 PM

Again, I totally agree. Can see why folk always mention him thought in situations like these. But not for me.

Iain G
14-09-2019, 09:33 PM
Of course he wasnt sacked, he was asked politely to resign due to the alleged rumours. I worked with a very close friend of the person whom was allegedly involved, she has absolutley nothing to do with hibs or football for that matter, I have absolutely no reason to disbelieve her.

Am confused still, is this rumours at Rotherham or at Hibs?

hibeerealist
14-09-2019, 09:34 PM

A lot of Hibbys thought so as it made sense.

bigwheel
14-09-2019, 09:35 PM
Of course he wasnt sacked, he was asked politely to resign due to the alleged rumours. I worked with a very close friend of the person whom was allegedly involved, she has absolutley nothing to do with hibs or football for that matter, I have absolutely no reason to disbelieve her.

Tbh. I don’t really care what someone’s pal said...Dempster has chatted openly openly about what happened..and her drive down south to try to keep him at the club ...anyway as you don’t seem to believe what happened -I’ll leave you to your views....

BoomtownHibees
14-09-2019, 09:35 PM
Would give the whole place, other than a few on here, a massive lift going in to next week

MSK
14-09-2019, 09:38 PM
Am confused still, is this rumours at Rotherham or at Hibs?Ive said enough, Admins will prob delete further posts from me so I will leave it at that 👍

Iain G
14-09-2019, 09:40 PM
Ive said enough, Admins will prob delete further posts from me so I will leave it at that 👍

Ok, so still a bit unclear lol! Happy to revceive a PM if anyone wants to send one 😁

MSK
14-09-2019, 09:41 PM
Tbh. I don’t really care what someone’s pal said...Dempster has chatted openly openly about what happened..and her drive down south to try to keep him at the club ...anyway as you don’t seem to believe what happened -I’ll leave you to your views....I honestly couldn't care what you believe, I pretty much heard it word for word so I know what and who to believe 👍

MSK
14-09-2019, 09:42 PM
Ok, so still a bit unclear lol! Happy to revceive a PM if anyone wants to send one 😁No pms from me mate 👍

JohnM1875
14-09-2019, 09:42 PM
Would give the whole place, other than a few on here, a massive lift going in to next week

It would, you're right about that. No doubt. But Stubbs on his own wouldn't appeal to me in the slights. Stubbs, Taff and Doolan on the other hand would. Just can't ever see that happening.

BoomtownHibees
14-09-2019, 09:43 PM
It would, you're right about that. No doubt. But Stubbs on his own wouldn't appeal to me in the slights. Stubbs, Taff and Doolan on the other hand would. Just can't ever see that happening.

I’m the same however he would appeal to me a lot more than what we currently have

Franck Stanton
14-09-2019, 09:50 PM

Yes he is.

Amit
14-09-2019, 09:54 PM
At the time Alan felt he had taken Hibs as far as he could and knew winning the Scottish Cup was the peak. He tried twice to get us promoted from a competitive Championship and didn’t succeed. The Rotherham job also allowed him to be closer to his family. During his tenure at Hibs he stayed in a flat with Doolan and Taff. After weekend games he would drive down the road to see his family and come back up the road to start the week’s training ahead of the next game. So the motivation was a mixture of feeling he had taken Hibs as far as he could and also wanting to be close to his family.

We did all we could to convince him to stay. LD and GC did drive down south to meet Alan to discuss the merits of staying including a huge of amount of analysis of Rotherham vs Hibs in terms of playing squad, budget, facilities, fan base, competitiveness within the respective divisions etc.

Hope that clears it up. FWIW I also think the Club should’ve gone for Alan on interim basis when NL departed. We had good squad which just were not playing for the Head Coach at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs90
What happens if he comes in

Results and **** performances continue and we end up languishing around 11th come Xmas?

bigwheel
If anyone wants to hear Dempster talking about what actually happened when Stubbs left Hibs..listen to this from 34 mins on for a few minutes - she makes it clear he wasn’t being asked to leave it sacked - and that she tried to persuade him to stay ...

https://soundcloud.com/user-436880621/episode-22-interview-leeann-dempster

Ps. Interesting interview all round ...

Unseen work
14-09-2019, 09:56 PM
Yes he is.

We finished 3rd in the championship behind Falkirk. Scottish cup papers over a lot of the cracks.

Rotten at Rotherham and St Mirren.

pacoluna
14-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Make it happen.

It's almost as if you want Hibs to fail so Stubbs can get back. Lennon now hecky, you still have the same Stubbs patter.

JohnM1875
14-09-2019, 10:18 PM
We finished 3rd in the championship behind Falkirk. Scottish cup papers over a lot of the cracks.

I honestly think that's so harsh though.

We got to both cup finals whilst in the championship. The amount of games played contributed to where we finished in the league that season. Nothing else. And I wouldn't have had it any other way.

CLASS OF 72 -73
14-09-2019, 10:20 PM
His recent record is worse than Hecky's :confused:
Rotherham was a hiding to nothing with the lowest budget in the English championship and St Mirren he was shafted with less time than the muppet we have. At least he knows the club and bought into the passion.

Unseen work
14-09-2019, 10:32 PM
I honestly think that's so harsh though.

We got to both cup finals whilst in the championship. The amount of games played contributed to where we finished in the league that season. Nothing else. And I wouldn't have had it any other way.

I don’t think it’s harsh, it’s just facts . I also don’t think that’s an excuse, a lot of games under Stubbs we were soft and conceded terrible goals.

Celtic play heaps of games every year and keep getting the results in the league.

JohnM1875
14-09-2019, 10:51 PM
I don’t think it’s harsh, it’s just facts . I also don’t think that’s an excuse, a lot of games under Stubbs we were soft and conceded terrible goals.

Celtic play heaps of games every year and keep getting the results in the league.

Celtic spend millions upon millions on players each season to make sure they have squad depth to deal with those amount of games though.

We will never have that luxury! It's crazy to even try and compare the two.

ScottB
14-09-2019, 10:52 PM
If we appointed some other manager with Stubbs’ recent record this place would be in meltdown.

The 90+2
14-09-2019, 10:57 PM
It's almost as if you want Hibs to fail so Stubbs can get back. Lennon now hecky, you still have the same Stubbs patter.

Yes that’s it, I sat at Kilmarnock ****ing delighted we lost again just so I can post on hibs.net get Stubbs back.

Or maybe no.!

The 90+2
14-09-2019, 10:59 PM
If we appointed some other manager with Stubbs’ recent record this place would be in meltdown.

Stubbs worked well with our recruitment team. It didn’t work out after that him getting in his own players overall.

Anyone who says they would rather have Hecky at Hibs than Stubbs hasn’t got the best interests of the club at heart. Just like Scott Allan, Stubbs is made for us.

Unseen work
14-09-2019, 10:59 PM
Celtic spend millions upon millions on players each season to make sure they have squad depth to deal with those amount of games though.

We will never have that luxury! It's crazy to even try and compare the two.

If you compare our wage bill to the other teams in the championship we would blow them out the water.

Comparing us in the championship getting to a cup final or two and not being able to cope, to Celtic in the premiership and managing to cope isn’t too unfair imo.

We had a strong squad in the championship, more than enough to get out of that league

14-09-2019, 11:01 PM

Agree. Too many people let 2016 Cup Final cover over the fact that Stubbs failed miserably in two seasons of trying to get the club promoted. Would be a backward appointment.

The 90+2
14-09-2019, 11:03 PM

A lot of games we manned up and ended up winning too. See Tynie in the cup, Inverness after the league cup final and battling back down in the cup final. We made two national finals the season we won the cup, when was the last time that ever happened? Of course it takes it out of the league campaign.

We went up that year under Stubbs and are still sitting how many 100 years? No danger there would be record season ticket holders sell outs etc. The cup made that happen. **** the league, I’m delighted we played QOS another season as Scottish cup winners instead of playing St Johnstone waiting and not having a clue if the cup was ever coming around.

Heisenberg
14-09-2019, 11:04 PM
I think if Stubbs was going to be back he would have been when Lennon left.

JohnM1875
14-09-2019, 11:05 PM
If you compare our wage bill to the other teams in the championship we would blow them out the water.

Comparing us in the championship getting to a cup final or two and not being able to cope, to Celtic in the premiership and managing to cope isn’t too unfair imo.

We had a strong squad in the championship, more than enough to get out of that league

Actually, you're quite right there. Didn't quite think about it like that.

I'm still of the opinion that if even the league cup run was shorter we would have finished above Falkirk. Not as if that's an amazing achievement mind you.

The 90+2
14-09-2019, 11:05 PM
Agree. Too many people let 2016 Cup Final cover over the fact that Stubbs failed miserably in two seasons of trying to get the club promoted. Would be a backward appointment.

Who said it was his job to get us promoted? He had to build a brand new squad take a club from being relegated against rangers and hearts. How the **** did he fail miserably? Can you not remember Hibs pumping them both, especially the huns many times?

The 90+2
14-09-2019, 11:06 PM

Yep, we had a much higher wage bill than Rangers.

Or maybe not.

Crab apple
14-09-2019, 11:09 PM
Stubbs has certainly got previous in arriving at ER to sort out the mess and chaos left behind by an incompetent predecessor.

Col2
14-09-2019, 11:10 PM
He got us to play off semi finals twice, two cup finals and playing some great football. Yes we didn’t get promoted in two season but his starting point for the first season was horrendous and we also had Hearts and Rangers. For the 2nd season we had Rangers and only for some ridiculous refereeing and freak goals, we would have had a play off with Killie after our cup final win.

Small margins and his record in that league points wise stacks up with Lennon who didn’t have Hearts of Rangers.

I am not saying he did well when he left, he clearly didn’t but he lost out on promotion by fine margins. He put a smile back on our faces that’s for sure.

Unseen work
14-09-2019, 11:12 PM
A lot of games we manned up and ended up winning too. See Tynie in the cup, Inverness after the league cup final and battling back down in the cup final. We made two national finals the season we won the cup, when was the last time that ever happened? Of course it takes it out of the league campaign.

We went up that year under Stubbs and are still sitting how many 100 years? No danger there would be record season ticket holders sell outs etc. The cup made that happen. **** the league, I’m delighted we played QOS another season as Scottish cup winners instead of playing St Johnstone waiting and not having a clue if the cup was ever coming around.

Two cup finals is undoubtedly a good achievement, but we lost one to Ross county.

Reaching two cup finals means extra games, but it’s not a crazy amount more over the course of the season. Especially when you consider the dross in that league we were up against and struggled to beat or see out wins.

Under Stubbs we were better in the big games and it seemed to suit us, wins against Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen and St Johnstone spring to mind. The issue is that now that’s just our league, would he be able to get the players motivated like he did before? I doubt it

Before they were huge games, no real pressure as we were the division below and cup games.

Unseen work
14-09-2019, 11:14 PM
Yep, we had a much higher wage bill than Rangers.

Or maybe not.

Rangers yes, Falkirk...come on

Your above post is ridiculous, of course it was his job to get us promoted. What was it? To make us a stable championship team?

15-09-2019, 12:07 AM
Who said it was his job to get us promoted? He had to build a brand new squad take a club from being relegated against rangers and hearts. How the **** did he fail miserably? Can you not remember Hibs pumping them both, especially the huns many times?

How foolish of me. Of course it’s was not the managers job to get us promotion. :hmmm:
Must have been Tam McCourt’s, he must have been taking training and picking the team.

Beating Hertz and Rangers was great but even that clown Calderwood went through to Ibrox and won 3-0. Should we bring him back?? Success in football is marked over a season not just in performances against your rivals. Stubbs therefore failed in the Championship.

FilipinoHibs
15-09-2019, 12:30 AM
Ok hard hat on but a guy who is doing some work for an East Mains employee says He heard from him Stubbs lined up to replace PH but after derby. I would do it now. Ron is watching what is going on and the complete drivel PH comes out with post match and where we are in the league. Think as a US business type he will act swiftly.

Real Emerald
15-09-2019, 01:15 AM
Ok hard hat on but a guy who is doing some work for an East Mains employee says He heard from him Stubbs lined up to replace PH but after derby. I would do it now. Ron is watching what is going on and the complete drivel PH comes out with post match and where we are in the league. Think as a US business type he will act swiftly.

They can’t wait on the poison a derby defeat would do. He’s gone anyway so better take a defeat (if it is) with a caretaker in place than risk the scenario of a defeat with this clown in charge. It’s obviously not an easy decision for a board who’ve just recently appointed him and backed him financially but he’s no hope of recovery and is better gone than causing more damage and disharmony IMHO.

FilipinoHibs
15-09-2019, 02:55 AM
They can’t wait on the poison a derby defeat would do. He’s gone anyway so better take a defeat (if it is) with a caretaker in place than risk the scenario of a defeat with this clown in charge. It’s obviously not an easy decision for a board who’ve just recently appointed him and backed him financially but he’s no hope of recovery and is better gone than causing more damage and disharmony IMHO.

Agree do it now. LD knows and a caretaker would get the fans up for Derby and rest of season. Stubbs if he rescues us would get perm deal. He has played at a high level and has good contacts and an eye for a player. Also knows Scottish game too and what it takes.

Real Emerald
15-09-2019, 03:51 AM
Agree do it now. LD knows and a caretaker would get the fans up for Derby and rest of season. Stubbs if he rescues us would get perm deal. He has played at a high level and has good contacts and an eye for a player. Also knows Scottish game too and what it takes.

Don’t get me wrong, I want Heck out but I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with the Stubbs thing. Just to put that on record 👍

greenlad
15-09-2019, 05:53 AM
If Hibs did decide to go for Stubbs the one factor that is overlooked would be the unavailability of John Doolan. By all accounts Doolan played a big part in the coaching set up during the Stubbs era (instrumental even in fostering that style of play) and although Stubbs would doubtless accept the job if offered, Hibs would have a hard task getting Doolan out of Accrington where he's highly rated. And I doubt we'd be willing to pay big compensation for an assistant even if he was willing to come.

Pretty Boy
15-09-2019, 06:04 AM
Anyone who thinks the volume of games and injuries to key players in the 2nd half of that season didn't have an impact on results only has to draw a line through the mid point of the league.

1st half:

P - 18
W - 13
D - 2
L - 3
Points won - 41
Win % - 72%

2nd half:

P - 18
W - 8
D - 5
L - 5
Points won - 30
Win % - 44%

Before the last game of that 1st half, against Rangers at Ibrox, we were within touching distance of them. So if the volume of games, fatigue and the injuries that went with that aren't the reason we fell away then what is? Did Stubbs become a different manager overnight? Did the players become bad players?

I'm not suggesting Stubbs is the right man now but dismissing the mitigating circumstances for us failing to finish 2nd in the Championship is either being silly or displaying a vendetta of some kind.

MSK
15-09-2019, 06:13 AM
Anyone who thinks the volume of games and injuries to key players in the 2nd half of that season didn't have an impact on results only has to draw a line through the mid point of the league.

1st half:

P - 18
W - 13
D - 2
L - 3
Points won - 41
Win % - 72%

2nd half:

P - 18
W - 8
D - 5
L - 6
Points won - 30
Win % - 44%

Before the 1st game of that 2nd half, against Rangers at Ibrox, we were within touching distance of them. So if the volume of games, fatigue and the injuries that went with that aren't the reason we fell away then what is? Did Stubbs become a different manager overnight? Did the players become bad players?

I'm not suggesting Stubbs is the right man now but dismissing the mitigating circumstances for us failing to finish 2nd in the Championship is either being silly or displaying a vendetta of some kind.Im certainly not dismissing Stubbs, I get he is available and would probably be a cheap option as he is currently out of work. He may also have a point to prove. However he came as part of a team, that team is elsewhere now with little or no chance of coming back, Stubbs to steady the ship ? Possibly workable, long term ? Im unsure

Short term it could be workable, we need change and we need to act now, this current situation is unbearable 😔

J-C
15-09-2019, 06:21 AM
Stubbs was not sacked and LD wanted him to stay, let's just say Rotherham was available and was closer to home so that his wife would be a lot happier. I'd only take him back if Doolan and Taff came too.

JimBHibees
15-09-2019, 06:43 AM

If this is true about Stubbs would imo be much better binning now let Eddie May and Grant Murray take the derby then get him in. The place needs a lift prior to Hearts coming.

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-09-2019, 06:46 AM
No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Centre Hawf
15-09-2019, 07:08 AM
Stubbs for me till the end of the season. Then we see where we are and how we feel it's all going. Right now we can't sign anyone other than free agent's so his recent recruitment issues aren't going to be a huge issue and we'll hopefully have a good run up at the January window especially if they have a good track record of working together (him and the recruitment dept).

Right now our biggest issue is playing anything remotely entertaining football wise and being able to attack and score goals. I think we do have players there to do so and I do think he could make that happen. We may still be soft defensively but if we can start creating chances and scoring goals our problems are at least on route to being solved and we can be competitive again. Because at the moment it's nothing short of an embarrassment how bad we are.

jacomo
15-09-2019, 07:12 AM
Stubbs was not sacked and LD wanted him to stay, let's just say Rotherham was available and was closer to home so that his wife would be a lot happier. I'd only take him back if Doolan and Taff came too.

Can we put the dream team back together?

we are hibs
15-09-2019, 07:32 AM
Yes that’s it, I sat at Kilmarnock ****ing delighted we lost again just so I can post on hibs.net get Stubbs back.

Or maybe no.!

Ignore him. He has a bizarre hatred of stubbs as everyone knows.

we are hibs
15-09-2019, 07:35 AM
Can we put the dream team back together?

Doolan is at accrington as assistant and i think Holden is a manager at a lower level in england.

Given how much all 3 enjoyed their time at hibs and grew to become extremely fond of the club i think they would all consider it if we asked the question.

Glad to see another stubbs thread failing to account for mitigating circumstances during the 2 championship seasons though. Its almost as if stubbs was in a more difficult league both years than Lennon and managed the same amount of points as lennon did against lesser opposition.

Weegreenman
15-09-2019, 07:39 AM
My biggest worry about bringing in any new manager right now would be, what if they can’t turn it around either? It’ll be the same players!

Do we just keep sacking managers?

I’d take Stubbs in a heartbeat btw.