PDA

View Full Version : Steve Robinson

Captain Trips
14-09-2019, 08:16 PM
My first choice after Lennon and nothing has changed. Knows game up here. Be interesting to see how he got on with more finance to work with, well perhaps not now on the finance front.

JoeT
14-09-2019, 08:18 PM
My first choice after Lennon and nothing has changed. Knows game up here. Be interesting to see how he got on with more finance to work with, well perhaps not now on the finance front.

I agree. Was the only manager that I thought we should go for after Lennon

Sammy7nil
14-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Butcher was also a manager that had done well at a "smaller" club. Expectations would be high.

SMAXXA
14-09-2019, 08:23 PM
Did today I’d take him if we couldn’t get O’Neill which would be unlikely due to wages he’s on at NI

SideBurns
14-09-2019, 08:29 PM
By all accounts, 'Well played Hearts off the park today and 3-2 flattered the Jambos. Allan Preston said as much on Sportsound. Now, that might be damning with faint praise at the moment but Robinson impresses me generally.

He'd be my choice right now.

stoneyburn hibs
14-09-2019, 08:31 PM
Cheapest, easiest and best option for Hibs right now. He's been involved in the SPL for a few seasons. He actually knows how to deploy wingers . He'd have us playing like Hibs.

Hakim Sar
14-09-2019, 08:40 PM
Wouldn't disagree with this

Scotty Leither
14-09-2019, 08:42 PM
Cheapest, easiest and best option for Hibs right now. He's been involved in the SPL for a few seasons. He actually knows how to deploy wingers . He'd have us playing like Hibs.

Yup...we'd have a go at teams at Easter Road, that's for sure. Not this sterile guff that we're witnessing just now.

coldingham hibs
14-09-2019, 08:43 PM
No thanks, I’d prefer Gary Holt.

bigwheel
14-09-2019, 08:48 PM

Pfft. Not a chance. Robinson a much stronger candidate -

Greencore
14-09-2019, 08:52 PM
Got the feeling Robinson would be another butcher. TB was everyone's choice and done well with ICT...

California-Hibs
14-09-2019, 09:11 PM
He'd be a brilliant appointment!

Iggy Pope
14-09-2019, 09:28 PM
This is all very selective after a couple of decent results for Motherwell. If he’d been appointed after Lennon the reaction on here would have been seismic. I don’t remember anyone thinking how great he was then.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 09:41 PM
David Moyes anyone? Well experienced, knows the game up here.

bingo70
14-09-2019, 09:42 PM

It’s exactly who we need to be getting.

I’d guess a Michael Appleton type is probably more likely though.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 09:45 PM
It’s exactly who we need to be getting.

I’d guess a Michael Appleton type is probably more likely though.

If he wants back into management as the rumours go then surely we could offer him some sort of decent package to take the helm?

Michael
14-09-2019, 09:45 PM

Not sure he still has much interest in management tbh.

Captain Trips
14-09-2019, 10:50 PM
This is all very selective after a couple of decent results for Motherwell. If he’d been appointed after Lennon the reaction on here would have been seismic. I don’t remember anyone thinking how great he was then.

I did and still do, think he is good manager. I dont just think he is OK for ladt 2 results I happen to think he interviews well and over the piece had Motherwell in 2 finals and has good potential.

MWHIBBIES
14-09-2019, 10:53 PM

Definitely not cheapest or easiest because he currently has a job. He would require negotiation and compensation to Motherwell.

JohnM1875
14-09-2019, 10:56 PM

He got Motherwell to two cup finals in 2017/18 season and was unlucky not to get top 6 last season. Has them playing really well, If we don't go in for him when the job inevitably becomes available then he'll be off down south next season I reckon.

oneone73
14-09-2019, 10:57 PM
He got Motherwell to two cup finals in 2017/18 season and was unlucky not to get top 6 last season. Has them playing really well, If we don't go in for him when the job inevitably becomes available then he'll be off down south next season I reckon.

Or to the PBS.

JohnM1875
14-09-2019, 11:02 PM
Or to the PBS.

Wouldn't surprise me at all actually. Both them and us can offer a good deal more than Motherwell if he fancies a move to the 'Burgh. They might well act first.

mixusman
14-09-2019, 11:21 PM
Would need to move for Robinson sooner rather than later as I think Motherwell will be this years Kilmarnock and his stock will be on the rise.

SideBurns
14-09-2019, 11:33 PM
Would need to move for Robinson sooner rather than later as I think Motherwell will be this years Kilmarnock and his stock will be on the rise.

Aye, and if Levein does go then the Northern Irish connection at Tynie might persuade them to move for him.
If I picked up a paper tomorrow to find we'd dispensed with Hecky's services and had approached Robinson I'd be delighted. I just don't believe Hecky can turn this around, sadly.

wookie70
14-09-2019, 11:34 PM
This thread and others could so closely echo the less than succesful Fenlon/Butcher transition. We need a shouter/motivator not a quiet decent guy, he already knows the league, he has done well at at smaller club, he plays good football with lesser players etc. He also failed at his previous English club.

Hibs4185
15-09-2019, 05:30 AM
Robinson and the Motherwell head of recruitment is my choice. Id imagine their recruitment department and budget is nowhere near our size and they seem to uncover some gems.

LeithMike
15-09-2019, 06:24 AM
Nothing is ever guaranteed with a manager but Robinson has done very well the last couple of years and plays attacking football with good width so ticks most boxes for me.

I hope Hibs go out and identify the manager they want this time rather than inviting applications from those without jobs.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

bingo70
15-09-2019, 06:46 AM

How was it unlucky they never made top 6 last season?

Gloucester Hibs
15-09-2019, 06:54 AM
This thread and others could so closely echo the less than succesful Fenlon/Butcher transition. We need a shouter/motivator not a quiet decent guy, he already knows the league, he has done well at at smaller club, he plays good football with lesser players etc. He also failed at his previous English club.

I agree there are parallels with Butcher (he had smaller clubs punching above their weight too). But, based on the information available, Robinson to me seems as good a candidate as any. Any new appointment carries a degree of risk. Guess you could describe TB as a shouter/motivator..

CLASS OF 72 -73
15-09-2019, 06:58 AM

Some sense at last

Viva_Palmeiras
15-09-2019, 07:03 AM

Do Hibs do cheap options for managers ? Lennon would not have been cheap and even back in the day Williamson was he not the 3rd highest paid behind the uglies?
Even when we go cheaper (Fenlon) it ends up being costly so I’d hope we recognise the importance and remunerate accordingly. New era new expectations and that. Robinson wouldn’t have let Milligan and Bartley go in the same window.

Greenworld
15-09-2019, 07:18 AM
Ian Holloway

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
15-09-2019, 07:18 AM
He’s got Butcher written all over him. Apart from McLeish(who was given a fortune to spend) the only successful managers we’ve had have been young coaches who have been given their first chance to be a manager. Robinson wouldn’t get the time he got at Motherwell as I seem to remember him not having a great first season there, he’d be chased out the door with a similar start here.

drumatic44
15-09-2019, 07:33 AM
Why not Strachan, ? a bit old school maybe, but he would surely inject some passion into the team, hometown boy etc. and, with someone alongside him to be ready to take over when he retires, promotion from within !!

lord bunberry
15-09-2019, 07:37 AM
Why not Strachan, ? a bit old school maybe, but he would surely inject some passion into the team, hometown boy etc. and, with someone alongside him to be ready to take over when he retires, promotion from within !!
He didn’t want it last time as he said he couldn’t work as a full time manager due to his work in his own project he’s set up. I guessing that’s why he’s gone to Dundee as a director of football.

lord bunberry
15-09-2019, 12:43 PM
Ian Holloway

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
It would at least make for entertaining interviews :greengrin

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 12:46 PM
Would Dempster try to pinch him from Motherwell? I have my doubts. He’s done a tremendous job there for three seasons new having to build two new teams also and this season is without Turnbull and Hastie.

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 12:47 PM
He’s got Butcher written all over him. Apart from McLeish(who was given a fortune to spend) the only successful managers we’ve had have been young coaches who have been given their first chance to be a manager. Robinson wouldn’t get the time he got at Motherwell as I seem to remember him not having a great first season there, he’d be chased out the door with a similar start here.

He made two cup finals in his first season?

lord bunberry
15-09-2019, 12:50 PM
He made two cup finals in his first season?
That doesn’t matter according to some on here. Stubbs did the same and actually won one of them, but he’s a failure that we shouldn’t consider bringing back.

Alex Trager
15-09-2019, 12:53 PM
That doesn’t matter according to some on here. Stubbs did the same and actually won one of them, but he’s a failure that we shouldn’t consider bringing back.

Stubbs has failed twice since leaving us and failed twice in the league with us.

lord bunberry
15-09-2019, 12:55 PM
Stubbs has failed twice since leaving us and failed twice in the league with us.
Has Robinson been a success?

Alex Trager
15-09-2019, 12:57 PM
Has Robinson been a success?

So so I would say.

Maybe worth a punt.

I read people asking for him to come in with his scouting team, do they not have a few lower english league players?

They’d go down, erm well..?

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 12:59 PM

Fair point mate.

crash
15-09-2019, 01:00 PM
Robinson and the Motherwell head of recruitment is my choice. Id imagine their recruitment department and budget is nowhere near our size and they seem to uncover some gems.

Yes, would agree with this, Robinson would be a good move.

Speedway
15-09-2019, 01:01 PM
1. Alex Neil
2. Roy Keane
3. Michael O'Neill
4. Tony Mowbray
5. Billy Reid
6. Ivan Leko
7. David Moyes
8. Neil Harris
9. Ian Murray
10. Speedway

Scotty Leither
So so I would say.

Maybe worth a punt.

I read people asking for him to come in with his scouting team, do they not have a few lower english league players?

Good point - his players look energetic though, and can run (fast) and they make the park big with their wingers hugging the line.

The complete opposite of our narrow formation, slow build up and square passing.

lord bunberry
So so I would say.

Maybe worth a punt.

His only success has been in the cup. He’s never had Motherwell in the top 6.

The_Horde
We're not a big enough/rich enough club to pinch Motherwell's manager. Just in the same way that there'd be no chance of us pinching their better players. Only Rangers, Celtic or maybe Aberdeen would be able to.

Pipe dream, forget it.

18Craig75
15-09-2019, 01:07 PM
Robbie Neilson 👀

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 01:10 PM
We're not a big enough/rich enough club to pinch Motherwell's manager. Just in the same way that there'd be no chance of us pinching their better players. Only Rangers, Celtic or maybe Aberdeen would be able to.

Pipe dream, forget it.

Trollalolalola

Moody Blues
15-09-2019, 01:12 PM

Good shout!

Box 17
15-09-2019, 01:12 PM
The thorough recruitment process last time gave us Appleton and Heckingbottom as the top two candidates.
That's where we are, folks.

Captain Trips
15-09-2019, 01:16 PM
How has he TB written all over him? Can that not be said about anyone you don't want.

Well worth a punt.

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 01:16 PM
How has he TB written all over him? Can that not be said about anyone you don't want.

Well worth a punt.

I’ve no idea how anyone can draw that conclusion considering the football they play.

Stokesy's on fire
15-09-2019, 01:19 PM
No thanks didnt he lose a game by 7 goals? His team is also crap we are a big club with all the facilities to go with. No more mediocrity.

Box 17
15-09-2019, 01:23 PM
Anyone for someone with a proven track record, lots of SPL experience, European football, Scottish Cup winner, passion, knows how to set up a team and within our budget?

Tommy Wright.

we are hibs
15-09-2019, 01:26 PM
Anyone for someone with a proven track record, lots of SPL experience, European football, Scottish Cup winner, passion, knows how to set up a team and within our budget?

Tommy Wright.

Whos style of football isnt suited to Hibs.

04Sauzee
15-09-2019, 02:15 PM
45.8% win rate with Motherwell, has had to build around 3 different teams at Motherwell. He might be the messiah or he may be a very naughty boy. If we are looking for a manger soon and we can get him then we should go all out to get him.

The_Horde
15-09-2019, 02:24 PM
Trollalolalola

No trolling about it, it's true. They're too similar in stature and share far too similar goals to us to part with any of their good talent.

We are bigger than them but the difference isn't big enough that we can cherry pick them as we please.

My_Wife_Camille
15-09-2019, 02:41 PM
Trollalolalola
How is it trolling? How often to we cherry pick the best players or managers from the teams around us? Hardly ever is the answer.

Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and even Hearts on the other have done it regularly.

MWHIBBIES
15-09-2019, 03:28 PM
1. Alex Neil
2. Roy Keane
3. Michael O'Neill
4. Tony Mowbray
5. Billy Reid
6. Ivan Leko
7. David Moyes
8. Neil Harris
9. Ian Murray
10. Speedway

Why would you want Keane? He's legitimately ill in the head and would be a big disaster. He isn't passionate, he is deranged

Pretty Boy
15-09-2019, 03:31 PM
Is there not a feeling among Motherwell fans that he's a bit dull and his football is grim and very long ball focussed?

I remember when we signed Bigirimana there was more than a few Motherwell fans saying he might do better at Hibs than he did there because the ball spent 90 minutes flying over his head because of Robinson tactics.

The_Horde
15-09-2019, 04:15 PM
Why would you want Keane? He's legitimately ill in the head and would be a big disaster. He isn't passionate, he is deranged

It's along the right lines though.

A Hibs manager needs to have an 'aura' about them (Stubbs, Lennon, Mowbray) Keane has that. I'd be tempted to try for Unsworth at Everton.

bingo70
15-09-2019, 04:19 PM
It's along the right lines though.

A Hibs manager needs to have an 'aura' about them (Stubbs, Lennon, Mowbray) Keane has that. I'd be tempted to try for Unsworth at Everton.

Less Bullen at Sheffield Wednesday was mentioned before Heckingbottom got the job, he always struck me as a raj, he maybe fits the bill in terms of commanding aura about them.

The_Horde
15-09-2019, 04:22 PM
Less Bullen at Sheffield Wednesday was mentioned before Heckingbottom got the job, he always struck me as a raj, he maybe fits the bill in terms of commanding aura about them.

I watched a few interview videos of him at the time and liked what I seen. Articulate and passionate.

He's doing pretty well too, I see.

Hibees1973
15-09-2019, 04:44 PM
It really has to be Michael O’Neill.

Squealing pig
15-09-2019, 04:52 PM
Anyone except hecky gotta be someone who can spot a player

bingo70
15-09-2019, 04:57 PM
I watched a few interview videos of him at the time and liked what I seen. Articulate and passionate.

He's doing pretty well too, I see.

I think Sheffield Wednesday have just appointed a new manager, how is he doing well? (I don’t mean that in a nippy way?), I assumed he’d be out of work shortly.

Speedway
15-09-2019, 05:09 PM

Because of what he did with basket case Sunderland.

Needs another victory in management to restore his credibility.

MWHIBBIES
15-09-2019, 05:13 PM

That was 13 years ago, he last managed 8 years ago and was a desperate failure.

He is a dreadful excuse for a human being and a very poor manager. Last person I'd want at Hibs. Just my opinion of course.

truehibernian
15-09-2019, 05:14 PM

Billy Reid is a great shout by the way Speedway (from your list) - very impressive coach and track record since he left Hamilton (and with Hamilton). Doubt he would leave his current position at Brighton though.

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 05:24 PM
How is it trolling? How often to we cherry pick the best players or managers from the teams around us? Hardly ever is the answer.

Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and even Hearts on the other have done it regularly.

Jesus that was quick. When do hearts do that like? We wanted the Motherwell ceo we got her we want their manager we get him, simple as that.

The_Horde
15-09-2019, 05:49 PM
I think Sheffield Wednesday have just appointed a new manager, how is he doing well? (I don’t mean that in a nippy way?), I assumed he’d be out of work shortly.

Managed them pretty well through the process once again, with rave reviews coming from the players.

The_Horde
15-09-2019, 05:49 PM
Jesus that was quick. When do hearts do that like? We wanted the Motherwell ceo we got her we want their manager we get him, simple as that.

Not the same thing at all.

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 06:00 PM
Not the same thing at all.

How’s it not? Who do you think is on more money, the Motherwell manager or the guy that runs the club?

The_Horde
15-09-2019, 06:11 PM
How’s it not? Who do you think is on more money, the Motherwell manager or the guy that runs the club?

It's not about money.

Rangers pay far more money to players than we do. Why didn't we allow them to sign Scott Allan?

DH1875
15-09-2019, 06:39 PM
Were a large number of the Motherwell fans not wanting him sacked at one point? Sure they went on a terrible run and only thing that kept him in his job was the season they got to the cup finals.

My_Wife_Camille
15-09-2019, 06:44 PM
Hearts did it during the Romanov years when they were throwing money about. Jamie Hammil, Ian Black, Mehdi Taouil, John Sutton, Kevin Kyle to name a few. Once their cash dried up and the playing field levelled they stopped.

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 06:55 PM
It's not about money.

Rangers pay far more money to players than we do. Why didn't we allow them to sign Scott Allan?

When it comes to managers it’s about job progression and money. If we wanted the Motherwell manager why on earth why he wouldn’t want to come?

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 06:56 PM
Hearts did it during the Romanov years when they were throwing money about. Jamie Hammil, Ian Black, Mehdi Taouil, John Sutton, Kevin Kyle to name a few. Once their cash dried up and the playing field levelled they stopped.

Every one of they players signed on a free transfer when their contracts expired. We could have done the same this summer but instead of signing out of contract Scottish club players we went for English league buddies on same kind of deals.

My_Wife_Camille
15-09-2019, 06:59 PM
Every one of they players signed on a free transfer when their contracts expired. We could have done the same this summer but instead of signing out of contract Scottish club players we went for English league buddies on same kind of deals.
You don’t even know what your debating anymore Ruby

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 07:03 PM
You don’t even know what your debating anymore Ruby

What? Your debating we couldn’t take the Motherwell manager or their players.

A Hi-Bee
15-09-2019, 07:20 PM
Bring back Stubbsy.

sixtwo
15-09-2019, 07:20 PM
***** manager

sixtwo
15-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Anyone who thinks any of these imposters are better than the man who delivered the holy grail are mentally disturbed.

sixtwo
15-09-2019, 07:30 PM
Anyone who thinks any of these imposters are better than the man who delivered the holy grail are mentally disturbed.

MSK
15-09-2019, 07:34 PM
Anyone who thinks any of these imposters are better than the man who delivered the holy grail are mentally disturbed.Mentally ****ing disturbed ? In three posts you have accused Heckinbottom of being racist, you have mentioned cancer and now mentally disturbed, are you on a mission to piss people off tonight ?

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 07:48 PM
Mentally ****ing disturbed ? In three posts you have accused Heckinbottom of being racist, you have mentioned cancer and now mentally disturbed, are you on a mission to piss people off tonight ?

Maybe stop taking posts so literally.

Topographic Hibby
15-09-2019, 08:14 PM
Robinson will be heading to Edinburgh for talks, next Monday. Just depends where in Edinburgh.

Derby will decide whether it’s here or the West Edinburgh Incomplete Stand-a-Dome.

Stokesy's on fire
15-09-2019, 09:34 PM
Bring back Stubbsy.

Love him to bits words can never describe how much i love him but he would only work for us if Doolan came with him

CapitalGreen
15-09-2019, 09:41 PM

Taking their manager would require playing compensation, we didn’t need to pay compensation when LD moved.

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 10:19 PM
Taking their manager would require playing compensation, we didn’t need to pay compensation when LD moved.

We paid compensation to take Yogi from Falkirk and Butcher from Calley, I’m sure it wouldn’t be an issue.

Diclonius
15-09-2019, 10:33 PM
Robinson will be heading to Edinburgh for talks, next Monday. Just depends where in Edinburgh.

Derby will decide whether it’s here or the West Edinburgh Incomplete Stand-a-Dome.

Not excited by Robinson at all.

hibsforeurope
16-09-2019, 12:24 PM

Stubbs hasn’t worked with the same coaching trio since he left hibs. Bring in doolan and taff and see how he goes. The style we played was far more suited to Spl, that showed in the cup results. My choice would b Stubbs, least we know he played football the proper way.

Billy Whizz
16-09-2019, 12:26 PM
Something is right at Motherwell. Lots of youngsters making the break through. Seem to have a pathway for their young players.
Robinson let go a lot of experienced players last January, to allow some of them to get game time
But they also must a great academy too, to recruit these lads in the 1st place

Heisenberg
16-09-2019, 12:31 PM
Stubbs hasn’t worked with the same coaching trio since he left hibs. Bring in doolan and taff and see how he goes. The style we played was far more suited to Spl, that showed in the cup results. My choice would b Stubbs, least we know he played football the proper way.

They worked together at Rotherham and failed miserably.

The_Horde
16-09-2019, 03:07 PM
Something is right at Motherwell. Lots of youngsters making the break through. Seem to have a pathway for their young players.
Robinson let go a lot of experienced players last January, to allow some of them to get game time
But they also must a great academy too, to recruit these lads in the 1st place

Could be the fruits of Dempster's work there beginning to show?....

worcesterhibby
16-09-2019, 03:39 PM
Stubbs, Doolan and Taff for me..although Doolan might be the hardest to get...he's pretty settled at Accrington.

worcesterhibby
16-09-2019, 03:39 PM
They worked together at Rotherham and failed miserably.

Rotherham was a basket case of a club.

14-12-2019, 07:53 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5067373/motherwell-stephen-robinson-edinburgh-waverley-station/

theonlywayisup
14-12-2019, 08:00 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5067373/motherwell-stephen-robinson-edinburgh-waverley-station/

Refuse to click on that website.

Sammy7nil
14-12-2019, 08:11 PM

Well done :rolleyes:

04Sauzee
14-12-2019, 08:23 PM

New Hearts No2

SquashedFrogg
14-12-2019, 08:30 PM
Imagine getting arrested and 'no one was injured'...
Sigh...

theonlywayisup
14-12-2019, 08:56 PM

What's the rolling eyes for and patronising comment for? Some people refuse to click on any pages from the The Sun or Daily Record website. I've not done so since the lies they posted after the Scottish Cup Final.

I would rather people posted the text from the page rather than the page itself.

Anyhow, for those who've not clicked on the website, the story is:

Steven Robinson, manager of MOTHERWELL, was arrested and charged in Edinburgh after a suspected disruption.

Scotland’s police confirmed that the 45-year-old was stolen from the city’s main train station on Friday evening in connection with an incident on Waverley Bridge.

Motherwell manager Steven Robinson was arrested and charged in Edinburgh after a suspected disruption

It goes without saying that nobody was injured.

Well, Boss Robinson will appear in court later.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: “A 45-year-old man was arrested and charged around 7:45 p.m. on Friday, December 13, for an incident on Waverley Bridge in Edinburgh.

“Nobody was injured.

“A report is being sent to the Fiscal Prosecutor.”

During his career, Robinson played for Tottenham Hotspur, Leyton Orient, Bournemouth, Preston North End, Bristol City, Luton Town and Northern Ireland.

greenlex
14-12-2019, 09:11 PM

In this day and age of ignorance and intolerance this post is sadly indicative of the times. Absolutely no need.

Sammy7nil
14-12-2019, 09:28 PM

In this day and age of ignorance and intolerance this post is sadly indicative of the times. Absolutely no need.

It is boring in the extreme posting time after time i refuse to click on the Sun newspaper. Why tell people what you are not going to do? If you don't want to click great if you do that is also great. Is there any need to tell others :confused: simply making that statement adds nothing to debate and is so boring.

Eyrie
14-12-2019, 09:33 PM
If you don't want to read the Sun's version of how "the 45-year-old was stolen from the city’s main train station" then the story is also on the BBC website (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50797691).

Sammy7nil
14-12-2019, 09:47 PM
What's the rolling eyes for and patronising comment for? Some people refuse to click on any pages from the The Sun or Daily Record website. I've not done so since the lies they posted after the Scottish Cup Final.

I would rather people posted the text from the page rather than the page itself.

Anyhow, for those who've not clicked on the website, the story is:

Steven Robinson, manager of MOTHERWELL, was arrested and charged in Edinburgh after a suspected disruption.

Scotland’s police confirmed that the 45-year-old was stolen from the city’s main train station on Friday evening in connection with an incident on Waverley Bridge.

Motherwell manager Steven Robinson was arrested and charged in Edinburgh after a suspected disruption

It goes without saying that nobody was injured.

Well, Boss Robinson will appear in court later.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: “A 45-year-old man was arrested and charged around 7:45 p.m. on Friday, December 13, for an incident on Waverley Bridge in Edinburgh.

“Nobody was injured.

“A report is being sent to the Fiscal Prosecutor.”

During his career, Robinson played for Tottenham Hotspur, Leyton Orient, Bournemouth, Preston North End, Bristol City, Luton Town and Northern Ireland.

Seriously why post you are not clicking on a website so what ! It is your choice but really you have to post that? If you are unwilling to click do you really care about the story?

BigKev
14-12-2019, 09:56 PM
Seriously why post you are not clicking on a website so what ! It is your choice but really you have to post that? If you are unwilling to click do you really care about the story?

I agree with you. Folk just trying to make some kind of holier than thou statement.

Just ask someone to c&p if it bothers them that much without the guffyness of “wouldn’t’ won’t click” nonsense.

Johnny_Leith
14-12-2019, 10:54 PM
I will happily hear about people not interacting with 'The Sun' in any of its platforms and the more people who are made aware of this horrible institutions behaviour the better.

**** the sun and everyone who works there 👍

hibbysam
14-12-2019, 11:19 PM
I will happily hear about people not interacting with 'The Sun' in any of its platforms and the more people who are made aware of this horrible institutions behaviour the better.

Which is fine, but then don’t ask someone else to click the link and copy and paste the text for you... you are either interested in the stories or you are not, if not don’t ask others to tell you what it says as you are only succeeding in getting someone else to provide the hits.

vein
14-12-2019, 11:25 PM
It is boring in the extreme posting time after time i refuse to click on the Sun newspaper. Why tell people what you are not going to do? If you don't want to click great if you do that is also great. Is there any need to tell others :confused: simply making that statement adds nothing to debate and is so boring.

Because it can make people think twice about doing the same thing themselves. Personally wouldn’t want to contribute another penny toward either of the rags so I hold back from clicking the links too. It was on here that I learned that they make money from the clicks so always good to spread the word if others are not aware.

Johnny_Leith
14-12-2019, 11:33 PM
Which is fine, but then don’t ask someone else to click the link and copy and paste the text for you... you are either interested in the stories or you are not, if not don’t ask others to tell you what it says as you are only succeeding in getting someone else to provide the hits.

I agreed May2116 in that the less traffic and readership to them the better. I have no interest in anything they 'publish' but I do support people who will show their displeasure toward that rag, I think it's only right people can give their opinion whenever they're raised as a source.

People are of course within their rights to disagree and for what it's worth I never asked anyone to share the article.

Scouse Hibee
14-12-2019, 11:34 PM

This in a nutshell, trying to make a point by not clicking on a particular site but being willing to read the story from the same source if someone else posts it is laughable.

1875godsgift
14-12-2019, 11:44 PM

:thumbsup:

FilipinoHibs
15-12-2019, 05:47 AM
This in a nutshell, trying to make a point by not clicking on a particular site but being willing to read the story from the same source if someone else posts it is laughable.

Yes all threads should say if they are Sun/Record free. Can I add the Times to the warnings please?

Bobby's Cinema
15-12-2019, 06:25 AM
The guy was out with his family.

Glasgow Media in trying to derail a side going well shocker.
With rangers visiting on Sunday.

WhileTheChief..
15-12-2019, 06:47 AM

They also don’t believe a word they read in the ‘rags’ so you’ve got to wonder why they want to read it anyways, unless of course it says something nice about Hibs then it’s ok!

And it’s grown men were talking about here too.

hibbysam
15-12-2019, 06:58 AM

Rightly or wrongly, he was arrested and charged, so to my mind they are within their rights to run with that story. It’s a big story for Scottish football when a manager gets charged. Only surprise for me is if it happened on Friday, isn’t the normal protocol when charged that you have to attend court the following day? Ie the Monday? And normally held until you’ve been able to appear? May be wrong, that’s just my understanding of it.

Scouse Hibee
15-12-2019, 07:04 AM
Rightly or wrongly, he was arrested and charged, so to my mind they are within their rights to run with that story. It’s a big story for Scottish football when a manager gets charged. Only surprise for me is if it happened on Friday, isn’t the normal protocol when charged that you have to attend court the following day? Ie the Monday? And normally held until you’ve been able to appear? May be wrong, that’s just my understanding of it.

No, you can be charged and released

JimBHibees
15-12-2019, 07:19 AM

Assume would only happen in more serious càses. Maybe got into an argument with someone steaming. Strange one.

hibbysam
15-12-2019, 07:36 AM
No, you can be charged and released

Thanks for clarifying, just always hear of folk spending the weekend in the cells etc mainly after being lifted at the football on a Saturday.

Beefster
15-12-2019, 07:36 AM

Presumably, the Glasgow media are in league with Police Scotland and Stephen Robinson, given Robinson managed to get them to arrest him.

overdrive
15-12-2019, 09:27 AM
I was in the station whilst he was getting questioned by the police. His wife was going crazy at them. She seemed a bit of a loose cannon.

greenlex
15-12-2019, 09:32 AM

They only stated they don't click on sun links. He never asked anyone to copy and paste.l FWIW I agree but don’t feel the need to laugh.

Scouse Hibee
15-12-2019, 10:32 AM
They only stated they don't click on sun links. He never asked anyone to copy and paste.l FWIW I agree but don’t feel the need to laugh.

I never said he did, there have been literally dozens of posts on here of folk asking someone to copy and paste an article as they don’t want to click on a particular site, hence my comment.

Since452
15-12-2019, 10:35 AM
They must be playing Rangers today

greenlex
15-12-2019, 12:51 PM
I never said he did, there have been literally dozens of posts on here of folk asking someone to copy and paste an article as they don’t want to click on a particular site, hence my comment.

I know you didn’t but your comment was prompted by the post on this thread. Hence mine.

Scouse Hibee
15-12-2019, 01:22 PM
I know you didn’t but your comment was prompted by the post on this thread. Hence mine.

Errrrrr yes okay, I think.

Sammy7nil
15-12-2019, 06:36 PM
Today I am not going to click on any newspapers website to read any articles on any subject. I just thought I would let everyone know just in case you don't have a mind of your own. :wink:

Keith_M
15-12-2019, 06:46 PM
Today I am not going to click on any newspapers website to read any articles on any subject. I just thought I would let everyone know just in case you don't have a mind of your own. :wink:

I'd like it known that I'll no longer be reading any of your comments

😋

Sammy7nil
15-12-2019, 06:52 PM
I'd like it known that I'll no longer be reading any of your comments

😋

Nice one glad to hear it, it is a pity you won't see this though :wink: