PDA

View Full Version : The young team

Pages : [1] 2

spikeymike
14-09-2019, 08:13 PM
Today was a total disgrace by the so called young team....they sung their song s a plenty which was commendable. But songs about the uda and Wallace Mercer's wife!!!! It's time they got a life or get to f@&k. Majority of them aren't even old enough to know what went on during those dark days in the 80s. Support the team as vocal as you can but grow up guys or go and support the Huns or the lesser greens if you have that attitude . Never mind hecky gtf how about you lot gtf. Sorry if the comments are a bit over the top but these morons are dragging our support down never mind our teams performances which are bad enough at the moment

lord bunberry
14-09-2019, 08:17 PM
It’s just young boys doing what young boys do. Like everyone else they’ll grow out of it.

we are hibs
14-09-2019, 08:18 PM
Another thread slating the fans. Good stuff :rolleyes:

spikeymike
14-09-2019, 08:19 PM
I'm afraid these guys aren't fans singing those songs

Carheenlea
14-09-2019, 08:20 PM
Young men on a boozy day out with mates will sing offensive songs - been happening as long as I can remember. They travel in good numbers and will grow out of it - great that they are choosing to support Hibs around the country, particularly in troubled times, but it’s something that just goes with the territory really. It’s not exclusive to Hibs.

Fife-Hibee
14-09-2019, 08:22 PM
It’s just young boys doing what young boys do. Like everyone else they’ll grow out of it.

We should help them grow out of it faster with a good clip around the lugs. I was a "young boy" once, but never belted out such crap.

Scottie
14-09-2019, 08:23 PM
I strongly agree with the OP.

We are a community club not a ******g subsidiary of the ugly sisters if you want to sing that sort of ***** gtf as far as I'm concerned.

Sammy7nil
14-09-2019, 08:24 PM

Young men on a boozy day out with mates will sing offensive songs - been happening as long as I can remember. They travel in good numbers and will grow out of it - great that they are choosing to support Hibs around the country, particularly in troubled times, but it’s something that just goes with the territory really. It’s not exclusive to Hibs.

Yeah the Huns and Sellick fans will grow out of it too :confused:

spikeymike
14-09-2019, 08:24 PM

Just like all the young old firm fans will grow out of it?? If the fans tolerate the behaviour it will grow untill it was like before

AgentDaleCooper
14-09-2019, 08:26 PM

What...so singing this stuff shouldn't be commented on?

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 08:32 PM
I agree with OP.

This is what they were signing about. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulster_Defence_Association

Now what the f@@k has that got to do with football, or Hibs for that matter? The Mercers wife stuff is also horrendous.

The rangers just got done for singing songs of a similar nature...:rolleyes:

Carheenlea
14-09-2019, 08:33 PM
Yeah the Huns and Sellick fans will grow out of it too :confused:

They have a bigger problem than us admittedly. Good thing surely that our fans are largely well behaved and it’s a hundred or so young lads that lower the tone occasionally. A few unsavoury songs is the least of our concerns right now.

SideBurns
14-09-2019, 08:39 PM
I agree with OP.

This is what they were signing about. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulster_Defence_Association

Now what the f@@k has that got to do with football, or Hibs for that matter? The Mercers wife stuff is also horrendous.

The rangers just got done for singing songs of a similar nature...:rolleyes:

Hibs fans were singing about the UDA??

I agree, the Mercer stuff is brutal.

gazathehibby
14-09-2019, 08:40 PM
We all know boys will be boys but if our Supporters are lowering ourselves to these other so called Supporters, then why are we complaining to the sfa about Rangers & Celtic. so is it the case boys will be boys and grow out of it. Still waiting on the other teams supporters growing up.
It’s hard enough going to watch the game just now without listening to to these songs.

lord bunberry
14-09-2019, 08:41 PM
Just like all the young old firm fans will grow out of it?? If the fans tolerate the behaviour it will grow untill it was like before
Stop being a drama queen. They’re just daft young laddies.

Sir David Gray
14-09-2019, 08:41 PM
If it's anything like the stuff they were singing at Ibrox a few weeks ago then it shouldn't be ignored.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 08:42 PM

Yes they were **** the UDA were the chants amongst other lyrics.

spikeymike
14-09-2019, 08:43 PM
They have a bigger problem than us admittedly. Good thing surely that our fans are largely well behaved and it’s a hundred or so young lads that lower the tone occasionally. A few unsavoury songs is the least of our concerns right now.

It's not occasionally though it's almost every game

Stevie Watson
14-09-2019, 08:43 PM

It was an absolute embarrassment
Be fighting amongst ourselves soon
And I absolutely guarantee the wannabes singing this nonsense will not be the winners

bigwheel
14-09-2019, 08:47 PM

Yes they were. Horrible songs. Not welcome ..

makaveli1875
14-09-2019, 08:47 PM

What are they then?

Sammy7nil
14-09-2019, 08:48 PM

This post makes you look like a fanny IMHO of course.

spikeymike
14-09-2019, 08:50 PM

Sorry mate disagree something has to be done about them

lord bunberry
14-09-2019, 08:50 PM
This post makes you look like a fanny IMHO of course.
:rolleyes:

spikeymike
14-09-2019, 08:51 PM
What are they then?

I think Sammy 7 nil summed up my thoughts in this one

jakeds
14-09-2019, 08:52 PM
One of them was shouting a fair amount of homophobic abuse at hibs players as well

Scottie
What are they then?
Embarrassing wee ******g scrotes imo. Whatever happened to singing songs about the team instead of terrorist groups and dead mens wives ? :rolleyes:

Hillsidehibby
To the echo of the Thomson gun....

lord bunberry
14-09-2019, 08:54 PM
Sorry mate disagree something has to be done about them
Everyone should start booing when they sing those songs or start singing something else.

Sammy7nil
To the echo of the Thomson gun....

Is that a statement of what they were singing?

Greencore
Today was a total disgrace by the so called young team....they sung their song s a plenty which was commendable. But songs about the uda and Wallace Mercer's wife!!!! It's time they got a life or get to f@&k. Majority of them aren't even old enough to know what went on during those dark days in the 80s. Support the team as vocal as you can but grow up guys or go and support the Huns or the lesser greens if you have that attitude . Never mind hecky gtf how about you lot gtf. Sorry if the comments are a bit over the top but these morons are dragging our support down never mind our teams performances which are bad enough at the moment

See when you heard all this? Did you think to yourself I better tell hibs. Net as soon as I get out of here? Why didn't you say something to them?

P*sh thread 0/10

makaveli1875
14-09-2019, 08:55 PM
Embarrassing wee ******g scrotes imo. Whatever happened to singing songs about the team instead of terrorist groups and dead mens wives ? :rolleyes:

If they've travelled all the way to Killie and forked out 20 odd quid to watch that garbage then they are obviously fans, whether you like their songs or not

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 08:55 PM

Are you condoning the singing of songs by Hibs "fans" involving a paramilitary organisation?? :confused:

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 08:57 PM
Everyone should start booing when they sing those songs or start singing something else.

Some tried to shout it down but were met with pure cheek and abuse.

Hillsidehibby
14-09-2019, 08:58 PM
Is that a statement of what they were singing?
maybe... duh...

Greencore
14-09-2019, 08:58 PM
Are you condoning the singing of songs by Hibs "fans" involving a paramilitary organisation?? :confused:

Implying they are Daft, I really don't think he is Condoning. What makes you believe he is condoning?

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 08:59 PM
Implying they are Daft, I really don't think he is Condoning. What makes you believe he is condoning?

By calling the OP a drama queen for raising the issue...

spikeymike
See when you heard all this? Did you think to yourself I better tell hibs. Net as soon as I get out of here? Why didn't you say something to them?

P*sh thread 0/10

I did I shouted to them to sing songs about Hibs...surely hibs.net is about getting opinions and messages across to Hibs fans so in my opinion 10 out if 10 thread

stoneyburn hibs

P*sh thread 0/10

But you read it and commented 10/10

bigwheel

Being daft doesn’t make it acceptable to sing these hate filled songs ...they should **** right off

Scottie
14-09-2019, 09:03 PM
If they've travelled all the way to Killie and forked out 20 odd quid to watch that garbage then they are obviously fans, whether you like their songs or not
That makes it all ok then does it ? Come on mate when the hell did Hibernian supporters ever stoop so low as to sing about terrorist organisations and the glorifying of it never in the 40 years I've been following the cabbage ?

Greencore
14-09-2019, 09:04 PM
But you read it and commented 10/10

Does the op get a points total and a chance to win a special prize if someone reads their post and comments?

Big f*****ing deal 😂
00/10

Greencore
14-09-2019, 09:05 PM
I did I shouted to them to sing songs about Hibs...surely hibs.net is about getting opinions and messages across to Hibs fans so in my opinion 10 out if 10 thread
Fair enough, good on you for saying something.

e2los
14-09-2019, 09:05 PM
I was still considering myself as being relatively young.

You had to ruin it with the Wikipedia link that correctly states that I'm older than the UDA..

Mumbles incoherently something to do with Magpie, ripped jumpers and original spangles.

makaveli1875
14-09-2019, 09:07 PM
That makes it all ok then does it ? Come on mate when the hell did Hibernian supporters ever stoop so low as to sing about terrorist organisations and the glorifying of it never in the 40 years I've been following the cabbage ?

I never said it was OK, just pointing out that they most likely are fans.

spikeymike
14-09-2019, 09:08 PM
Does the op get a points total and a chance to win a special prize if someone reads their post and comments?

Big f*****ing deal 😂
00/10

Ooo a prize never thought of that....can I have a free season ticket so I can support my team as much as I can without singing stupid childish songs🤣

stirling_hibee
14-09-2019, 09:11 PM

I’m sure plenty of older huns make the same argument about their younger guys singing the billy boys etc, presume that’s cool with you too?

spikeymike
14-09-2019, 09:11 PM
I was still considering myself as being relatively young.

You had to ruin it with the Wikipedia link that correctly states that I'm older than the UDA..

Mumbles incoherently something to do with Magpie, ripped jumpers and original spangles.

Now your talking.. spangles...sold on the terraces with macaroon bars from a box over a wee guys shoulders👍

Greencore
14-09-2019, 09:14 PM
Ooo a prize never thought of that....can I have a free season ticket so I can support my team as much as I can without singing stupid childish songs🤣
Are you REALLY sure you want a season ticket 😂👍🏻

The Pointer
14-09-2019, 11:30 PM
I hope they grow out of it before the next game. Times have changed and daft wee laddies need to be be told that that's what they are.

AgentDaleCooper
14-09-2019, 11:53 PM

P*sh thread 0/10

what's wrong with bringing it up on hibs.net? what would you have done, out of curiosity?

Greencore
15-09-2019, 01:56 AM
what's wrong with bringing it up on hibs.net? what would you have done, out of curiosity?

Joined in and got naked.

HibeeHibernian4
15-09-2019, 02:12 AM

None of the other fans seem to sing any songs to be honest. Which is why the young team's songbook gets scrutinised.

Time For Heroes
15-09-2019, 02:30 AM
None of the other fans seem to sing any songs to be honest. Which is why the young team's songbook gets scrutinised.

Nonsense, the young teams song book gets sctruinised because some of it is brutal

HTD1875
15-09-2019, 02:36 AM

The team haha

Helensburghhibs
15-09-2019, 09:24 AM

Had this argument at ibrox. They need to stop singing this pish. They are in the minority by doing so, therefore how can they then complain that other people don't join in. Frankly they are an embarresment. Mrs Mercer, Lee rigby, uda, the Queen,Stokes da, Why you feel the need to sing about any of the above at a hibs match is beyond me. The argument that they travel to all the games, so that gives them some sort of right to do what they want doesn't fly with me. There's plenty of us that go to support home and away who's preference is, that they pack it in.

flash
15-09-2019, 09:30 AM
Just adds to the missile throwing and pitch invading from last season.

Hibernia&Alba
15-09-2019, 09:37 AM
Of course they shouldn't be singing about Mercer's wife or the UDA - it's cringeworthy stuff - but get a group of young laddies together at football after a few beers and you are going to get the peacock behaviour. It happens at every club without exception. They will grow out of it one day, then the next generation will take their place with daft songs. Unless the club can identify them, I'm not sure what can be done. Strict liability would help i.e. damaging the club might make them see sense.

Helensburghhibs
15-09-2019, 09:52 AM
Of course they shouldn't be singing about Mercer's wife or the UDA - it's cringeworthy stuff - but get a group of young laddies together at football after a few beers and you are going to get the peacock behaviour. It happens at every club without exception. They will grow out of it one day, then the next generation will take their place with daft songs. Unless the club can identify them, I'm not sure what can be done. Strict liability would help i.e. damaging the club might make them see sense.

Picking them up is a start, they don't like it but hey ho. "being young" doesn't sit well with me as an excuse. It borders on the edge of justification that the old firm use to defend their actions

Hibernia&Alba
15-09-2019, 09:54 AM
Picking them up is a start, they don't like it but hey ho. "being young" doesn't sit well with me as an excuse. It borders on the edge of justification that the old firm use to defend their actions

A lot of people will be reluctant to tell a group of young guys to pipe down.

Helensburghhibs
15-09-2019, 09:57 AM
A lot of people will be reluctant to tell a group of young guys to pipe down.

Yeah I've no issues with that but a lot of guys will do it and the sooner they get the message that if the sing songs about hibs people will join in. Q

Keith_M
15-09-2019, 10:19 AM
What are they then?

Attention seeking wee wannabe casuals?

That's what I saw.

Chuck Rhoades
15-09-2019, 10:31 AM
Shame as you rarely hear this nonsense at ER which shows there’s a bunch of fannies that hang around the Since 1875 group at away games.

ChickenCurryYLT
15-09-2019, 10:44 AM
We should help them grow out of it faster with a good clip around the lugs. I was a "young boy" once, but never belted out such crap.

Cringe. Hard man.

Weegreenman
15-09-2019, 10:51 AM
Agree with OP.

This type of thing is not acceptable at our club. Stop or GTF!

Torto7
15-09-2019, 11:27 AM
I'm struggling to give a crap about this. Its tasteless in the Mercer case and pointless with the UDA stuff but I've sung my fair share of dodgy songs at that age and never got pulled up for it or threatened on messageboards from 'hardmen' in their 40s/50s.

There's some namby pamby balloons in the Hibs support who would be better suited to the book festival or an afternoon playing bowls.

HibeeHibernian4
15-09-2019, 11:48 AM
Had this argument at ibrox. They need to stop singing this pish. They are in the minority by doing so, therefore how can they then complain that other people don't join in. Frankly they are an embarresment. Mrs Mercer, Lee rigby, uda, the Queen,Stokes da, Why you feel the need to sing about any of the above at a hibs match is beyond me. The argument that they travel to all the games, so that gives them some sort of right to do what they want doesn't fly with me. There's plenty of us that go to support home and away who's preference is, that they pack it in.

I agree with everything you've said. I'm merely pointing out that they're the only group who sing at away games, most just seem to sit on their hands and refuse to back the team vocally. :confused:

Keith_M
15-09-2019, 12:05 PM
I agree with everything you've said. I'm merely pointing out that they're the only group who sing at away games, most just seem to sit on their hands and refuse to back the team vocally. :confused:

That is very true, and I wish it was different, but I think the two issues are completely separate.

I do wish more of our supporters would try to get behind the team. Im a bit old and past it but do try to sing at games. I often get people staring, as if its something wierd, and hardly anybody else joins in.

Overall, our Support is a bit boring

Weegreenman
15-09-2019, 12:16 PM
I'm struggling to give a crap about this. Its tasteless in the Mercer case and pointless with the UDA stuff but I've sung my fair share of dodgy songs at that age and never got pulled up for it or threatened on messageboards from 'hardmen' in their 40s/50s.

There's some namby pamby balloons in the Hibs support who would be better suited to the book festival or an afternoon playing bowls.

Wow 😊😊😊 So it’s ok in your book to sing nasty songs about people’s loved ones who have passed?
It’s ok to be singing sectarian songs that the vast majority of our supporters absolutely deplore and are actively trying to get the Scottish football authorities to act against the two main culprit clubs in Scotland like UEFA have done recently?

Your ok with this ? 🤔😊😊😊😊

Glory Lurker
15-09-2019, 12:22 PM
Bring back OBFA.

ColintonHibs
15-09-2019, 12:23 PM

Hecky needs to gtf though

bigwheel
15-09-2019, 12:33 PM
That is very true, and I wish it was different, but I think the two issues are completely separate.

I do wish more of our supporters would try to get behind the team. Im a bit old and past it but do try to sing at games. I often get people staring, as if its something wierd, and hardly anybody else joins in.

Overall, our Support is a bit boring

I think when our team is working hard and performing our fans are superb ...not much to sing about at the moment ...

AgentDaleCooper
15-09-2019, 12:46 PM
If being young is the problem, could we ban those singing vile songs for 5 years so that they can come back when they are ready?

Torto7
15-09-2019, 12:56 PM
Wow 😊😊😊 So it’s ok in your book to sing nasty songs about people’s loved ones who have passed?
It’s ok to be singing sectarian songs that the vast majority of our supporters absolutely deplore and are actively trying to get the Scottish football authorities to act against the two main culprit clubs in Scotland like UEFA have done recently?

Where did I say I was O.k with it? I'm just not getting myself worked up about about a bunch of teens singing what they think are edgy songs. We're not the old firm it really is a tiny minority at hibs.

Some folk in the Hibs support are drama queens. Always have been and always will be.

Stokesy's on fire
15-09-2019, 01:25 PM
Bring back OBFA.

That law was a joke and aimed at only football fans. The OBAF act was a crime by the scottish government utterly awful to single out football fans but the good old ruggers fans can do what they want YUK

kaimendhibs
15-09-2019, 01:30 PM
Had this argument at ibrox. They need to stop singing this pish. They are in the minority by doing so, therefore how can they then complain that other people don't join in. Frankly they are an embarresment. Mrs Mercer, Lee rigby, uda, the Queen,Stokes da, Why you feel the need to sing about any of the above at a hibs match is beyond me. The argument that they travel to all the games, so that gives them some sort of right to do what they want doesn't fly with me. There's plenty of us that go to support home and away who's preference is, that they pack it in.Agree. Why folk think it's ok is beyond me. It wasn't only the football that embarrassed me at Ibrox

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Weegreenman
15-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Where did I say I was O.k with it? I'm just not getting myself worked up about about a bunch of teens singing what they think are edgy songs. We're not the old firm it really is a tiny minority at hibs.

Some folk in the Hibs support are drama queens. Always have been and always will be.

.....and some folk are happy to turn a blind eye to what’s clearly unacceptable. People need to realise that this type of thing can lead to an escalation if unchecked.

Not in my name.

Glory Lurker
15-09-2019, 01:43 PM
That law was a joke and aimed at only football fans. The OBAF act was a crime by the scottish government utterly awful to single out football fans but the good old ruggers fans can do what they want YUK

The behaviours it tried to target are pretty unique to football crowds, unfortunately.

Antifa Hibs
15-09-2019, 01:50 PM
906 away fans yesterday. 30 fans singing made more noise than the rest combined. If the other 876 fans got of their ***** and backed the team vocally with Hibs tunes then you wouldn't hear them (I include myself in that).

Generally speaking our away support is like our home support, boring and pretty dreadful. Take out Ibrox (when getting a result) and Tynie and its dire. Newcastle fans were more up for it in a friendly than we will be all season (barring Hertz away).

wearethehibs
15-09-2019, 01:58 PM
Aye some of the songs were embarrassing, especially the one about Scott Allan turning Rangers down 😂.

There was one line in one song "**** the UDA". Aye it shouldn't be sung but folk are talking like it was 90 minutes of offensive chanting.

It's also embarrassing when these lads try to get Hibs songs going and 90% of the support site on their arse in silence.

AgentDaleCooper
15-09-2019, 02:29 PM
906 away fans yesterday. 30 fans singing made more noise than the rest combined. If the other 876 fans got of their ***** and backed the team vocally with Hibs tunes then you wouldn't hear them (I include myself in that).

Generally speaking our away support is like our home support, boring and pretty dreadful. Take out Ibrox (when getting a result) and Tynie and its dire. Newcastle fans were more up for it in a friendly than we will be all season (barring Hertz away).

I'm all for fans vocally backing the team through thick and thin and not turning to negative chanting, turning on our own players etc...but I'd rather the fans were dead silent than sing this kind of stuff.

so yes, it would be great if the other fans drowned them out, but that doesn't mean that their actions should be glossed over.

also, the reason our away fans are crap is because the team are crap. again, 100% back the notion of the fans being the 12th man and trying to boost the team's performance, but the fact is we're racing down a very demoralising hill on the pitch, and the fans will almost always reflect that.

One Day
15-09-2019, 03:23 PM

Its not like they are singing about someone's sweet old Granny who every one loved or some well respected pillar of the community who worked tirelessly for charity and helped orphans. No. We're talking about Wallace Mercer, the egotistical maniac who tried to put us out of business. I for one am happy to tell all the hearts I know, Wallace Mercer is deid and we're no.

Agree his wife should be left out of it and there is no place for sectarian nonsence

GREEN WARLORD
15-09-2019, 03:39 PM

Do you not think there's enough booing in the stadium, without keeping these wee fuds in check?

Weegreenman
15-09-2019, 04:51 PM
Its not like they are singing about someone's sweet old Granny who every one loved or some well respected pillar of the community who worked tirelessly for charity and helped orphans. No. We're talking about Wallace Mercer, the egotistical maniac who tried to put us out of business. I for one am happy to tell all the hearts I know, Wallace Mercer is deid and we're no.

Agree his wife should be left out of it and there is no place for sectarian nonsence

Sinking lower than a snakes belly with this ***** but just you crack on.

One Day
15-09-2019, 06:52 PM
Sinking lower than a snakes belly with this ***** but just you crack on.

Thank you I will

Tully
15-09-2019, 07:19 PM
This singing will result in fans fighting amongst themselves,more bad publicity for the club, surely the supporters reps can get this brought up at board level and some kind of statement can be issued, if not we will get numerous threads on this and people wanting to fight each other on here

tmb1875
15-09-2019, 10:17 PM
All this fake outrage is embarrassing!
What we talking about here, a few guys sing f*** the uda, hope mercer died in pain and mrs mercer has a dildo in her drawer.
You’ve got grown men frothing at the mouth because they heard a few bad boys sing a few bad things and it hurt there feelings.
Mercer was a blood sucking Tory b****** that tried to bury our club and the working class and the uda were a gang of sectarian murderers.
Both deserve anything that comes there way.

You ever sung we hate Jam tarts and we hate Dundee?
Hypocrisy of some folk.
What I find far worse and totally unacceptable is the folk shouting and swearing at the players, Your not going to stop people doing this or singing what they want, the more you try the louder they get. You either shut your ears or sing another song louder. The individuals
chucking bottles and running into the pitch, you ban these folk when they do it problem solved.

I Never really post on this but sick of seeing the “young team” getting pelters by some self righteous f******. Which young team are you referring to btw? Any hibs fan under the age of 30 fair game? Get a grip support your fellow fans there’s enough people in the game knocking the fans. Hibs means a lot of things to a lot of people, it’s the one thing we all got in common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Modfather
15-09-2019, 10:34 PM
What we talking about here, a few guys sing f*** the uda, hope mercer died in pain and mrs mercer has a dildo in her drawer.
You’ve got grown men frothing at the mouth because they heard a few bad boys sing a few bad things and it hurt there feelings.
Mercer was a blood sucking Tory b****** that tried to bury our club and the working class and the uda were a gang of sectarian murderers.

Hypocrisy of some folk.
What I find far worse and totally unacceptable is the folk shouting and swearing at the players, Your not going to stop people doing this or singing what they want, the more you try the louder they get. You either shut your ears or sing another song louder. The individuals
chucking bottles and running into the pitch, you ban these folk when they do it problem solved.

I Never really post on this but sick of seeing the “young team” getting pelters by some self righteous f******. Which young team are you referring to btw? Any hibs fan under the age of 30 fair game? Get a grip support your fellow fans there’s enough people in the game knocking the fans. Hibs means a lot of things to a lot of people, it’s the one thing we all got in common.

Singing about Wallace Mercer, his widowed wife and the UDA at a Scottish football game is fine, but heaven forbid someone shouts and swears at the players :faf:

Moody Blues
15-09-2019, 10:48 PM

Well said. Just how i feel about them. And how many of them actually go to the games.

lord bunberry
15-09-2019, 10:59 PM
Do you not think there's enough booing in the stadium, without keeping these wee fuds in check?
Ach come on we can always find time for a wee bit more booing.

lord bunberry
15-09-2019, 11:01 PM

Hypocrisy of some folk.

You should post more often my friend. I couldn’t agree more with what you say there.

AFKA5814_Hibs
15-09-2019, 11:17 PM
The UDA has nothing, will nothing and has never had anything to do with Hibernian FC so should have no mention of it in any of our song repitore. Mercer, whatever. But UDA. GTF.

FilipinoHibs
16-09-2019, 12:07 AM
The UDA has nothing, will nothing and has never had anything to do with Hibernian FC so should have no mention of it in any of our song repitore. Mercer, whatever. But UDA. GTF.

I think UDA comes from the pseudo small Republican following. UDA terrorised and murdered innocent Catholics as well as Republicans and are upholders of the Northern Irish sectarian state. They are more repugnant than Mercer but as you say no place in a Hibs song book.

Time For Heroes
16-09-2019, 12:30 AM
Mercer was a prick, no arguement from me their, but singing about his death and wife is brutal.
Would the same people condoning such actions be fine if the shoe was on the other foot?
What if a hibs player/manager/chairman passed away and they sung similar songs? Would that be ok, double standards imo.
It's not needed at football grounds, we have a big enough song book without this stuff.

CloudSquall
16-09-2019, 12:47 AM
The singing about the UDA is cringe worthy stuff, especially given the probability that 0% of the singers have any connection to Ireland and have probably never been.

Hermit Crab
16-09-2019, 01:46 AM
The singing about the UDA is cringe worthy stuff, especially given the probability that 0% of the singers have any connection to Ireland and have probably never been.

Correct, sing Hibs songs and not pish about troubles in NI.

.Sean.
16-09-2019, 06:40 AM

Hypocrisy of some folk.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAw well let’s just sing **** the IRA aswell then, as they’re also bigoted murderers. Or does sectarianism only work one way?

Get this ***** out the club.

Sammy7nil
16-09-2019, 07:22 AM

As they these days wow. So because you were not pulled up about singing poor taste songs it is okay? As for telling other fans what to do ie bowling dear oh dear.

So you are claiming to be boring and pretty dreadful there is a .net first :greengrin

Dearie dear,

Hypocrisy of some folk.

It appears you think long and hard before you post so it is somewhat surprising you think this is okay. Yes it is a small minority of young guys who in time will learn but to say it is fake outrage is just silly.

What about the boy that shouted at Broonie is that okay ? After all it is just a young boy we should ignore it and he will grow out of it. Of course it is not okay and whilst no one should be thrown under a bus the error of their ways should always be highlighted.

JimBHibees
16-09-2019, 07:35 AM
Aw well let’s just sing **** the IRA aswell then, as they’re also bigoted murderers. Or does sectarianism only work one way?

Couldn't agree more. Embarrassing that songs are sung which encourages the comparison of mini old firm game when really it is nothing of the sort. Seems like a competition between Hibs and Hearts 15 years olds to see who can outdo each other in the stupidity stakes.

Malthibby
16-09-2019, 02:34 PM
Couldn't agree more. Embarrassing that songs are sung which encourages the comparison of mini old firm game when really it is nothing of the sort. Seems like a competition between Hibs and Hearts 15 years olds to see who can outdo each other in the stupidity stakes.

Yup. We are quite rightly deeply unhappy when Rantic ship up & sing their sectarian songs of hate & bile, why on earth anyone can think it's okay when some of our own fans do it is beyond me. And excusing it due to youth and/or having the IQ of a deck chair doesn't cut it.
The children need to cut it out, along with anyone encouraging them.
GG

Diclonius
16-09-2019, 02:50 PM
"Singing sectarian songs or songs about dead people is utterly disgusting and should be stamped out of the game. Why do the authorities let Celtic and Rangers get away with it? ..Ehhhh, unless it's Hibs. Then it's just a laugh, get over it, no one can take a joke nowdays etc."

Following a football team can be a wonderful thing but the hyperpartisanship involved (especially up here) and downright hypocrisy can be exhausting. If you want to sing about ***** has has zero revelance to us then go to Parkhead.

Fergus52
16-09-2019, 03:14 PM
Mercer was a prick, no arguement from me their, but singing about his death and wife is brutal.
Would the same people condoning such actions be fine if the shoe was on the other foot?
What if a hibs player/manager/chairman passed away and they sung similar songs? Would that be ok, double standards imo.
It's not needed at football grounds, we have a big enough song book without this stuff.

If said chairman had single-handedly tried to end hearts as a football club, then it'd be fair game IMO.

Helensburghhibs
16-09-2019, 03:14 PM
Aw well let’s just sing **** the IRA aswell then, as they’re also bigoted murderers. Or does sectarianism only work one way?

100%. Its OK to some people because it suits their agenda of what they think our club should represent. Not in my name

WeeRussell
16-09-2019, 05:05 PM

Hypocrisy of some folk.

I’ll give this a stab on behalf of those that don’t want sick and sectarian songs sung amongst our support:

Yes I have sung “we hate hearts and we hate Dundee”. I can’t see that anyone seriously thinks this song equates to songs about an elderly woman keeping a dildo in her drawer due to her husband dying of cancer over a decade ago. Nor is it the same as getting involved in anything to do with Irish politics.

Anyone under 30 fair game to criticise? Nah just those singing/shouting sectarian, homophobic and generally sick songs/shouts while representing our support. And no, I won’t support “my fellow fans” when they get pulled up for this sort of thing.

Frothing at the mouth I don’t think any of us are. I’m not even offended. It’s just annoying and embarrassing for our club. Of course it’s a minority of young laddies - but people are absolutely right to call them out early doors. If we’re willing to turn a blind eye to this (or start having a go at people for “false outrage”) I might as well forget the very reasons I hate the old firm.

People shouting at the players is not far worse than the above.

And just because we’re ***** on the field just now doesn’t mean these sort of issues shouldn’t be addressed or commented on.

Helensburghhibs
16-09-2019, 06:37 PM
I’ll give this a stab on behalf of those that don’t want sick and sectarian songs sung amongst our support:

Yes I have sung “we hate hearts and we hate Dundee”. I can’t see that anyone seriously thinks this song equates to songs about an elderly woman keeping a dildo in her drawer due to her husband dying of cancer over a decade ago. Nor is it the same as getting involved in anything to do with Irish politics.

Anyone under 30 fair game to criticise? Nah just those singing/shouting sectarian, homophobic and generally sick songs/shouts while representing our support. And no, I won’t support “my fellow fans” when they get pulled up for this sort of thing.

Frothing at the mouth I don’t think any of us are. I’m not even offended. It’s just annoying and embarrassing for our club. Of course it’s a minority of young laddies - but people are absolutely right to call them out early doors. If we’re willing to turn a blind eye to this (or start having a go at people for “false outrage”) I might as well forget the very reasons I hate the old firm.

And just because we’re ***** on the field just now doesn’t mean these sort of issues shouldn’t be addressed or commented on.

👍👌

Sammy7nil
16-09-2019, 06:45 PM

:top marks :top marks

Paisley Hibby
16-09-2019, 06:54 PM
Being daft doesn’t make it acceptable to sing these hate filled songs ...they should **** right off

Exactly. To my mind the Mercer song is just as bad as the "How's your sister?" comment made to Scott Brown at Ibrox. And as for the paramilitary stuff - I've spent my whole life telling folk in the West of Scotland that we are not just like Celtic - and then these clueless fuds claiming to be Hibs fans start singing crap like that....

Keith_M
16-09-2019, 07:05 PM
If said chairman had single-handedly tried to end hearts as a football club, then it'd be fair game IMO.

And his wife, an innocent old woman? Fair game as well?

I'm all favour of singing ***** the UDA and the IRA, if they include both sides.

Time For Heroes
16-09-2019, 07:36 PM

Thats where we differ bud, each to their own and all that but some things are bigger than football.
Someone dying of cancer is bad enough, to happily sing about the victims wife having a dildo in her drawer is really grim.

Paisley Hibby
16-09-2019, 08:47 PM

Are you serious!? Regardless of what he did, the song is disgusting and most Hibs fans are ashamed and embarrassed to hear it being sung. What did his family do to deserve this? How would you feel if fans were singing this about your father or grandfather, mother or grandmother? I despair at the ignorant stupudity displayed on here sometimes.

Just Alf
16-09-2019, 09:09 PM
Are you serious!? Regardless of what he did, the song is disgusting and most Hibs fans are ashamed and embarrassed to hear it being sung. What did his family do to deserve this? How would feel if fans were singing this about your father or grandfather, mother or grandmother? I despair at the ignorant stupudity displayed on here sometimes.Agreed, especially as a fair chunk of the family are Hibees that attend games.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

majorhibs
16-09-2019, 09:39 PM
What a bunch of s*nctimonious boring tw#ts. I’m really glad you clowns weren’t near me when I got into football in the 70s cos you lot are so boring I’d probs have looked elsewhere!

pacoluna
16-09-2019, 09:51 PM
Singing about the UDA? Lennon's fault.

FilipinoHibs
16-09-2019, 10:00 PM
Singing about the UDA? Lennon's fault.

Aye sack him.

The Modfather
16-09-2019, 10:13 PM
What a bunch of s*nctimonious boring tw#ts. I’m really glad you clowns weren’t near me when I got into football in the 70s cos you lot are so boring I’d probs have looked elsewhere!

You sound like you’re still stuck in the 70s. Times move on, but as this thread illustrates not everyone moves with them.

wookie70
16-09-2019, 10:17 PM

Top post

Sammy7nil
16-09-2019, 10:28 PM

:rolleyes:

kaimendhibs
17-09-2019, 01:23 AM

And just because we’re ***** on the field just now doesn’t mean these sort of issues shouldn’t be addressed or commented on.Hear hear [emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Paisley Hibby
17-09-2019, 06:20 AM

"If you don't behave like an ignorant prrriccck then you're a boring tw*t" You heard it first from majorhibs. 🙄

Time For Heroes
17-09-2019, 06:34 AM
Aye to right, not singing about folk with dying of cancer it boring as ****** 🙄

Johnny Clash
17-09-2019, 06:40 AM
Are you serious!? Regardless of what he did, the song is disgusting and most Hibs fans are ashamed and embarrassed to hear it being sung. What did his family do to deserve this? How would you feel if fans were singing this about your father or grandfather, mother or grandmother? I despair at the ignorant stupudity displayed on here sometimes.

Well said Paisley Hibby. These songs about Mercer & his widow are shameful. I’d like to think you’re right in saying most Hibs fans are embarrassed by them but it doesn’t look that way when playing them at Tiny... and it’s not just the young team either belting out this piish.

Songs about the UDA are also lame. No idea why they’ve been resurrected now. Maybe it makes the singers feel hard and a bit rebellious but I’m sure there’s better ways of strutting their stuff to pretend they’re really tough guys?

WeeRussell
17-09-2019, 06:41 AM

Frankly I’m pretty glad I’m not near you now.

Fanforlife
17-09-2019, 07:08 AM
The old I.E.C Hibs bus only played Republican songs on its travels,anyone getting on were made well aware of this,however this did not deter folk, and to my best recollection no one ever refused to get on it,however this was back in the late 80,s early 90,s and I would imagine most of them like myself have grown out of it or know it,s wrong thing to be doing these days.Hopefullu the folk doing it now will see the error of their ways and realise if your sympathys lie this way then best to keep it private and well away from the fitba. As for the Mercer song/s they are cringeworthy, guy was a prick but why should his family be derided?

lyonhibs
17-09-2019, 11:35 AM

A stonking return to form from the Major. I read a post elsewhere from you that didn't have me thinking "wtf is he on about" and I was worried you were you losing your touch.

The point, I feel, that you're missing is that it's no longer then 70's, as much as we'd all love a return to power cuts and the 3 day working week, and most probably some of these newly christened sanctimonious *******s WERE in the stands with you in the 70's and I daresay sung some rather non PC tunes but have, unlike you it would seem, grown up and moved with the times.

The Mercer song at Tynecastle is dull and tiresome, rather like the Yams themselves oddly, but will always be sung I suspect as hatred will always be higher in the agenda of some fans than supporting the team on the pitch.

But songs about his wife and now the UDA ( :confused: ) can get right to ****.

Biggie
17-09-2019, 12:03 PM
Jesus, hope no-one from the SFA looks in on message boards or they'll be ready to haul a couple of singers out the crowd at our next game and before you know it Hibs will be made an example of for sectarian singing.
30,000 do it every week in Glasgow, nothing done, 500 do it in the Hibs end...we'd get slaughtered.

We really need to leave these songs back in the 70's......as others have said, the Hibs songbook is broad enough to avoid us regurgitating that nonsense about mercers wife and the like.
Stop embarrassing us !

cookin_on_gaz
17-09-2019, 12:58 PM
I guess one way to combat this would be people filming the ones singing these utterly detestable songs and posting it on here. Then name and shame them and shop them to the police. After a few weeks and a few banning orders we will go back to being a support that we can be proud of.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

bigwheel
17-09-2019, 01:00 PM
I guess one way to combat this would be people filming the ones singing these utterly detastable songs and posting it on here. Then name and shame them and shop them to the police. After a few weeks and a few banning orders we will go back to being a support that we can be proud of.

The Lee Wallace Method ....

cookin_on_gaz
17-09-2019, 01:04 PM
The Lee Wallace Method ....You could it that if you wanted, or maybe call it the good citizen method. Either way it, would work.

majorhibs
17-09-2019, 09:39 PM
Frankly I’m pretty glad I’m not near you now.

Ditto, mr excitement. Folk who can’t handle recalling how things were, with us as youngsters, being told how it was, in the 70s, mind many of the Hibees & tellers had had experience of a world war or 2, all you wee wannabe hurt as anything offended pretendy victims cos it’s fashionable the now, yep I’m well glad I’m no having to listen to whose the biggest victimest most offended, my peers fae the 70s were much better to listen to.

The Modfather
17-09-2019, 09:42 PM
Ditto, mr excitement. Folk who can’t handle recalling how things were, with us as youngsters, being told how it was, in the 70s, mind many of the Hibees & tellers had had experience of a world war or 2, all you wee wannabe hurt as anything offended pretendy victims cos it’s fashionable the now, yep I’m well glad I’m no having to listen to whose the biggest victimest most offended, my peers fae the 70s were much better to listen to.

Can anyone translate into English please?

majorhibs
17-09-2019, 09:48 PM

V Boring regurgitated nonsense fi a no very original, attempted, “wise guy”! Can you supply some new material, mr as boring as previous thought he was clever joker. You lot gie amateurs a bad name!

Scouse Hibee
17-09-2019, 10:17 PM

I like reading your posts and am never offended, slightly amused maybe but never offended. Keep em coming, life would be so boring if we all agreed on everything.

HibeeHibernian4
17-09-2019, 10:18 PM
The Mercer song at Tynecastle is dull and tiresome, rather like the Yams themselves oddly, but will always be sung I suspect as hatred will always be higher in the agenda of some fans than supporting the team on the pitch.

This is the point I've been making though isn't it?

For about 90% of our fanbase, (vocally) supporting the team on the pitch is not on their agenda whatsoever.

This shouldn't give the young team carte blanche to sing and act however they like, but to pretend it's a case of a few bad apples singing the naughty songs while the rest of us sing the real songs is completely inaccurate.

They sing the good ones, they sing the bad ones too. Nobody else joins in either way. We need to fix that ASAP, because our support is fast going the way of Aberdeen and Hearts otherwise.

matty_f
17-09-2019, 10:22 PM

Well said.

The 90+2
17-09-2019, 11:50 PM
Mercer song or anything to do with the **** (hope that’s okay to call the guy) should have been banished when we won the cup and went completely full circle. Singing about a prick who’s dead and then making songs about a wifie just makes us look classless. Sir Toms sold up having saved us, does anyone deeply really care about mercer 30 years ago? Boy failed we won, leave it be.

Paisley Hibby
18-09-2019, 08:14 AM

Hypocrisy of some folk.

The outrage is not fake. I get really angry when I hear Hibs fans singing this ****. I also get angry when Hibs fans boo our players or give them abuse. All of this stuff is plain wrong. Why can't folk just support the team and stick to singing songs about Hibs.

CentreLine
18-09-2019, 08:38 AM
The outrage is not fake. I get really angry when I hear Hibs fans singing this ****. I also get angry when Hibs fans boo our players or give them abuse. All of this stuff is plain wrong. Why can't folk just support the team and stick to singing songs about Hibs.

Totally agree. It seems to me that there is a desperate need for some people to drag up some relevance for themselves by promoting hate and it’s not just our fans. It’s desperately sad that they don’t get the idea that the best thing for both team and supporters is to actually SUPPORT the team.

Come on guys you’ve got some terrific songs that get behind the team and lift the support. There seems to be genuine movement across the whole country in trying to rid itself of sectarianism. Let’s just join in and drop the bile and hate. Leave that to the dinosaurs at other clubs.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-09-2019, 08:40 AM
does anyone deeply really care about mercer 30 years ago?

I think you'll find many of us still do.

FilipinoHibs
18-09-2019, 08:41 AM
This is the point I've been making though isn't it?

For about 90% of our fanbase, (vocally) supporting the team on the pitch is not on their agenda whatsoever.

This shouldn't give the young team carte blanche to sing and act however they like, but to pretend it's a case of a few bad apples singing the naughty songs while the rest of us sing the real songs is completely inaccurate.

They sing the good ones, they sing the bad ones too. Nobody else joins in either way. We need to fix that ASAP, because our support is fast going the way of Aberdeen and Hearts otherwise.

Remember when the songs reverberated round the stadium. Usually kicked off in the East but sometimes a Hibbees, Hibbees from the West.

WeeRussell
18-09-2019, 10:59 AM

I can try.

He likes the 70s better than us. We're offended and hurt and can't handle him talking about how much he likes the 70s.

Yours,
Mr excitement.

P.S. For what it's worth, I agree with Scouse. I generally find MajorHibs posts fairly amusing. He has never, ever offended (only completely baffled) me.

JohnMcM
18-09-2019, 12:00 PM
I like reading your posts and am never offended, slightly amused maybe but never offended. Keep em coming, life would be so boring if we all agreed on everything.

No it wouldn't. :greengrin

:flag:

One Day
20-09-2019, 03:30 PM

Yes

Since452
20-09-2019, 03:34 PM

Yes

Mercer is the reason for the one and only time i ever saw my proud old man in tears. For that reason alone he's a **** and always will be 6 feet under or not

The Modfather
20-09-2019, 03:40 PM
Playing devils advocate, would singing about Ricksen’s wife be acceptable to those who sing about Mercer’s wife, given he was a horrible git on the park when he played for Rangers?

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-09-2019, 03:42 PM
Playing devils advocate, would singing about Ricksen’s wife be acceptable to those who sing about Mercer’s wife, given he was a horrible git on the park when he played for Rangers?

Aye, that's the same thing eh?

The Modfather
20-09-2019, 03:47 PM
Aye, that's the same thing eh?

I wouldn’t see any difference singing about either Ricksen’s wife (in my hypothetical question) than singing about Mercer’s wife. What’s different?

lyonhibs
20-09-2019, 03:56 PM
I wouldn’t see any difference singing about either Ricksen’s wife (in my hypothetical question) than singing about Mercer’s wife. What’s different?

Singing about anybody's wife is ***** chat and lower than a snake's belly but if you momentarily enter the headspace of the rockets that think it's fair game, compare Wallace Mercer and what he did in life as far as Hibs go vs Ricksen and what he did in life as far as Hibs go and it's not rocket science to see the difference. A non-entity of an excuse IMO but we have our fair share of incorrigible ********s in our support regrettably.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-09-2019, 04:02 PM

I dinnae sing about anybody's wife so it's not something I'll spend time giving a great deal of thought to.

j'adorehibs
20-09-2019, 07:43 PM
ive just asked james williamson of the sleaford mods to give us an anti jambo song which while full of vitriol wont shock the gorgie slum masses

matty_f
20-09-2019, 07:47 PM
ive just asked james williamson of the sleaford mods to give us an anti jambo song which while full of vitriol wont shock the gorgie slum masses

I like the effort that’s gone into this. :agree:

tamig
20-09-2019, 10:37 PM

Count me in.

FilipinoHibs
21-09-2019, 05:46 AM

Lots of unpleasant opposition players from the past. The difference is that they did not try and close us down while at the same time being a Thatcherite Tory Hun born tax dodging property tycoon. Different level of vitriol for Mercer.

HibeeHibernian4
21-09-2019, 06:56 AM

This isn’t written as a defence of the Mercer songs — which I think should be left in the pubs. But if you want to know what’s different, Fernando Ricksen never tried to bury Hibs in the ground.

oneone73
21-09-2019, 07:02 AM
This isn’t written as a defence of the Mercer songs — which I think should be left in the pubs. But if you want to know what’s different, Fernando Ricksen never tried to bury Hibs in the ground.

Nor did Mercer's wife.

One Day
21-09-2019, 07:18 AM
Lots of unpleasant opposition players from the past. The difference is that they did not try and close us down while at the same time being a Thatcherite Tory Hun born tax dodging property tycoon. Different level of vitriol for Mercer.

You've summed him up well

HibeeHibernian4
21-09-2019, 08:09 AM
Nor did Mercer's wife.

No, but she seems to pop up in the papers once every few years telling us all what a great idea her husband had. A lovely emphasis on the past tense there.

oneone73
21-09-2019, 08:11 AM
No, but she seems to pop up in the papers once every few years telling us all what a great idea her husband had. A lovely emphasis on the past tense there.

I've never seen that, I have to say.

bigwheel
21-09-2019, 08:18 AM

Have you made that up ?? Never seen that - only ever seen his son comment on media from his family
...and not in a “my Dad was right way”...

Gloucester Hibs
21-09-2019, 08:21 AM
Have you made that up ?? Never seen that - only ever seen his son comment on media from his family

Not sure it’s made up as I have a vague recollection of it too 🤔

bigwheel
21-09-2019, 08:23 AM
Not sure it’s made up as I have a vague recollection of it too [emoji848]

The suggestion was that she does it every few years ...never seen it

Gloucester Hibs
21-09-2019, 08:25 AM

Not every few years, but can remember a story back in the foggy mists of time, might have been in the EEN, or maybe my memory is just dreadful.

Keith_M
21-09-2019, 08:29 AM
Maybe we should start an 'Old Team' singing section, and sing songs without the aid of the drum.

A lot of the songs the young guys sing are difficult to join in with, as they sing them too quickly* or in time with the drum... which makes them sound a bit out of sync.

* Getting things over with too quickly is probably a general problem with young guys, hence the need for some more mature guys that take their time and make it last. The same goes for singing as well..............

Scouse Hibee
21-09-2019, 09:41 AM
People who sing about dead folk while relatives who can be offended are still alive are **** in my opinion. I couldn’t care less who they are or what they have done or tried to do either.

Just Alf
21-09-2019, 11:25 AM
People who sing about dead folk while relatives who can be offended are still alive are **** in my opinion. I couldn’t care less who they are or what they have done or tried to do either..... And also while some are at the game sitting in our end supporting Hibs ....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

McD
21-09-2019, 12:36 PM
"Singing sectarian songs or songs about dead people is utterly disgusting and should be stamped out of the game. Why do the authorities let Celtic and Rangers get away with it? ..Ehhhh, unless it's Hibs. Then it's just a laugh, get over it, no one can take a joke nowdays etc."

Following a football team can be a wonderful thing but the hyperpartisanship involved (especially up here) and downright hypocrisy can be exhausting. If you want to sing about ***** has has zero revelance to us then go to Parkhead.

Exactly. To my mind the Mercer song is just as bad as the "How's your sister?" comment made to Scott Brown at Ibrox. And as for the paramilitary stuff - I've spent my whole life telling folk in the West of Scotland that we are not just like Celtic - and then these clueless fuds claiming to be Hibs fans start singing crap like that....

All fantastic posts :aok:

Paisley Hibby
21-09-2019, 03:49 PM

🤦 Where to start??? Unbelievable stuff....🙄

HibeeHibernian4
21-09-2019, 04:32 PM
🤦 Where to start??? Unbelievable stuff....🙄

Sorry - have you got any evidence that Ricksen did in fact try to kill Hibs??

HibeeHibernian4
21-09-2019, 04:36 PM

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/wallace-mercer-s-hearts-hibs-merger-vision-proved-right-1-1243751

Hibernia&Alba
21-09-2019, 04:38 PM

Nothing, in terms of wives. Mercer's wife and family should be left well alone at all times; it's inexcusable. Mercer himself is fair game for vitriol, but leave his wife out of it.

Paisley Hibby
21-09-2019, 04:46 PM
Sorry - have you got any evidence that Ricksen did in fact try to kill Hibs??

Wow - are you for real?

That response suggests you are so far away from understanding the point I was making about your post that there's no point in trying to explain it.

HibeeHibernian4
21-09-2019, 04:47 PM
Wow - are you for real?

You’re saying lots while adding nothing. Instead of empty rhetorical questions can you tell me what you object to and I’ll respond to it. Guessing why you’re in disbelief isn’t going to work.

Paisley Hibby
21-09-2019, 04:56 PM
You’re saying lots while adding nothing. Instead of empty rhetorical questions can you tell me what you object to and I’ll respond to it. Guessing why you’re in disbelief isn’t going to work.

OK, I'll try:

1. The mercer song doesn't even belong "in the pubs", it's out of order full stop.

2. WTAF does Fernando Ricksen have to do with this? Even if somebody else mentioned him, using him as some kind of comparison is utterly crass.

3. It doesn't matter how badly somebody has behaved; singing that kind of **** about a guy's widow will never be justified.

HibeeHibernian4
21-09-2019, 05:15 PM
OK, I'll try:

1. The mercer song doesn't even belong "in the pubs", it's out of order full stop.

2. WTAF does Fernando Ricksen have to do with this? Even if somebody else mentioned him, using him as some kind of comparison is utterly crass.

3. It doesn't matter how badly somebody has behaved; singing that kind of **** about a guy's widow will never be justified.

I didn’t bring Ricksen up, somebody else made a ****ing awful comparison and I pointed out that it was terrible to try and equate them.

The Modfather
21-09-2019, 05:44 PM
I didn’t bring Ricksen up, somebody else made a ****ing awful comparison and I pointed out that it was terrible to try and equate them.

I think a few folk missed the point I made, including yourself. I specifically asked the hypothetical question about the folk that DO sing about Mercer’s wife and whether they would find songs about Ricksens wife wrong and if so what the difference was. I never made any comparison between Ricksen and Mercer.

Hibernia&Alba
21-09-2019, 05:55 PM
This another thread which has become a car crash. It's happened a lot recently.

penihibs
21-09-2019, 06:14 PM
As an old git, leave the the young team alone.
We sang some nonsense in our day they will grow out of it,we all love the Hibs! encourage them rather than critise them they are the future.
Rant over.

Hibernian32
22-09-2019, 06:35 AM
Mercers fair game his wife is not, doesn't bother me the behaviour of the " young team" we are all hibs we are all vocal if your not happy drown it out with your own songs instead of sitting on your hands and commenting on forums.

Sir David Gray
22-09-2019, 06:43 AM
Mercers fair game his wife is not, doesn't bother me the behaviour of the " young team" we are all hibs we are all vocal if your not happy drown it out with your own songs instead of sitting on your hands and commenting on forums.

Some of the songs being sung by this group are out of order. It's not about being vocal or excusing it because they're young or whatever. I'm quite happy to hear clever songs that offend the opposition in a football sense.

However songs about Fernando Ricksen, the Ibrox Disaster, Wallace Mercer's wife, Lee Rigby and the UDA are a disgrace and have no place inside a football stadium.

Anyone who continues to sing any of the above, regardless of age, should be banned from Easter Road.

Sammy7nil
22-09-2019, 06:44 AM
As an old git, leave the the young team alone.
We sang some nonsense in our day they will grow out of it,we all love the Hibs! encourage them rather than critise them they are the future.
Rant over.

Sorry you are another who has missed the point.

FilipinoHibs
22-09-2019, 10:00 AM

She and her children issued a statement to the Evening News reiterating the reasons for the merger of Hearts and Hibs. See link below:

http://https://www.scotsman.com/sport/wallace-mercer-s-hearts-hibs-merger-vision-proved-right-1-1243751 (https://www.scotsman.com/sport/wallace-mercer-s-hearts-hibs-merger-vision-proved-right-1-1243751)

FilipinoHibs
22-09-2019, 10:16 AM
http://https://www.pressreader.com/uk/scottish-daily-mail/20160113/283381945921908 (https://www.pressreader.com/uk/scottish-daily-mail/20160113/283381945921908)

Paisley Hibby
22-09-2019, 10:45 AM
She and her children issued a statement to the Evening News reiterating the reasons for the merger of Hearts and Hibs. See link below:

http://https://www.scotsman.com/sport/wallace-mercer-s-hearts-hibs-merger-vision-proved-right-1-1243751 (https://www.scotsman.com/sport/wallace-mercer-s-hearts-hibs-merger-vision-proved-right-1-1243751)

Are you seriously suggesting that somehow justifies the song? If yes then we'll have to agree to disagree.

FilipinoHibs
22-09-2019, 11:10 AM
Are you seriously suggesting that somehow justifies the song? If yes then we'll have to agree to disagree.

No I am not justifying the song. But a number of posters stated that Mercer's wife regularly defended the takeover. Others said they had not seen it. I am providing evidence that the wife and family have regularly defended the takeover and they all looked to be on on constructing the takeover. They are far from innocent parties. I don't mind songs about Thatcher and her husband Dennis. Both not innocent parties either.

bigwheel
22-09-2019, 11:18 AM
No I am not justifying the song. But a number of posters stated that Mercer's wife regularly defended the takeover. Others said they had not seen it. I am providing evidence that the wife and family have regularly defended the takeover and they all looked to be on on constructing the takeover. They are far from innocent parties. I don't mind songs about Thatcher and her husband Dennis. Both not innocent parties either.

The second article doesn’t defend the takeover..even the first talks about their view of the vision , but isn’t an out and out endorsement ....

Id summarise they had nothing to do with the takeover - families
Might know what’s going on - but it was a business transaction...I imagine his kids were young at the time...”not innocent parties” seems quite an unfair statement.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the press coverage. Appreciated

wookie70
22-09-2019, 12:35 PM

A family statement that came because the EEN had approached them. As far as I can tell they would have stayed silent but for the journos. Do you really expect them not to support their Dad or Husband at that time. No excuse for songs about Mercer's wife as far as I am concerned and it is most certainly in the same ball park as some of the other incidents mentioned on this thread. IThe song is also more likely to split our support than do any damage to their playing staff or support so it is in a sense anti-Hibs in a bizarre way. Just grow up. Disclaimer when I was a teenager I got drunk and sung stupid songs too. I get why it happens but in no way does it make it right or acceptable. Just some wee Bams trying to be Alpha gorilla

Frazerbob
26-09-2019, 09:38 AM
Some dreadful songs again last night. WTF is the Scotty Alan pish? Then there’s at Hibs.net no sense. Time for the children to get a grip.

Hermit Crab
26-09-2019, 10:21 AM
Some dreadful songs again last night. WTF is the Scotty Alan pish? Then there’s at Hibs.net no sense. Time for the children to get a grip.

Heard the **** the UDA song plus a song involving the lyrics proddys and Scott Allan. What else was there?

Carheenlea
26-09-2019, 10:22 AM

The Scott Allan one is sectarian, no two ways about it. Maybe they were just trying to fit in words that rhyme but it’s an awful effort. The anti Hibs.net was just bizarre. They might need to think twice about coming on here asking for future donations..

Peevemor
26-09-2019, 10:23 AM
The Scott Allan one is sectarian, no two ways about it. Maybe they were just trying to fit in words that rhyme but it’s an awful effort. The anti Hibs.net was just bizarre. They might need to think twice about coming on here asking for future donations..

What was the anti-hibs.net song? I could hardly hear the crowd on Hibs TV.

Frazerbob
26-09-2019, 10:28 AM
What was the anti-hibs.net song? I could hardly hear the crowd on Hibs TV.

Where’s yer ****ing Hibs.net
Hibs.net GTF
**** yer Hibs.net

You get the drift

26-09-2019, 10:28 AM
Some of the songs last night were honking. Seems like a different crowd with the drum compared to last couple of years

Frazerbob
26-09-2019, 10:30 AM

I’m a ‘proddy’ as are probably the majority of Hibs fans. Pretty sure Scotty doesn’t hate us. Not sure he ‘turned down’ Tangers either. Think it was the club that turned them down and Scotty would’ve signed for them in a heart beat. Just an awful song.

marinello59
26-09-2019, 10:32 AM

We’re talking about a few young guys singing a daft song, that doesn’t mean it was the guys organising the displays, Id like think they wouldn’t hesitate about coming on here asking for donations and they continue to get the mostly positive support they have always had here.

Frazerbob
26-09-2019, 10:39 AM
We’re talking about a few young guys singing a daft song, that doesn’t mean it was the guys organising the displays, Id like think they wouldn’t hesitate about coming on here asking for donations and they continue to get the mostly positive support they have always had here.

Sorry but I think it is the same guys, assuming the guys in the singing section in the FF Upper arrange the displays. If so, they need to sort themselves out. As great as the displays are, their song book at away games is cringeworthy at best, embarrassing sectarian bollocks in some cases.

The_Horde
26-09-2019, 10:40 AM
Some of the songs last night were honking. Seems like a different crowd with the drum compared to last couple of years

Old guys have stepped aside this season but maybe they could give the new lads a wee bit of advice.

Hibs.net stuff will no doubt be about the criticism of their hearts display.

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 10:41 AM

We survived, he died. Time to move on imo.

JimBHibees
26-09-2019, 10:42 AM
Sorry but I think it is the same guys, assuming the guys in the singing section in the FF Upper arrange the displays. If so, they need to sort themselves out. As great as the displays are, their song book at away games is cringeworthy at best, embarrassing sectarian bollocks in some cases.

They can definitely bolt with the sectarian guff. No doubt trying to compete with the similar group at Hearts. Depressing to hear to be honest.

JimBHibees
26-09-2019, 10:43 AM
Old guys have stepped aside this season but maybe they could give the new lads a wee bit of advice.

More like criticism of their sectarian songs. The display was absolutely brilliant.

green day
26-09-2019, 10:44 AM
Am I the only one that doesnt really care?

We have so many other issues at the club than worrying about some fans singing some dodgy songs..................

danhibees1875
26-09-2019, 10:46 AM

I thought the display was well received on here?

Some asked about the origin of the wording but that was about it. :dunno:

Hermit Crab
26-09-2019, 10:47 AM

Correct.

marinello59
26-09-2019, 10:48 AM

Aye, it was pretty positive. One or two posters criticised it but you can never satisfy everyone.

The_Horde
26-09-2019, 10:49 AM

That's the only thing I can think of. Nobody has criticised their songs until this point.

danhibees1875
26-09-2019, 10:51 AM
That's the only thing I can think of. Nobody has criticised their songs until this point.

Other than on the thread we're posting on? :greengrin

Aye, it was pretty positive. One or two posters criticised it but you can never satisfy everyone.

Can't keep everyone happy as you say. Thought the Edinburgh skyline bit was great - the wording was a little hard to make out from some angles. Generally a good display though.

Pretty Boy
26-09-2019, 10:51 AM
Young lads having a pop at what they view as a bunch of boring old has been moaners. The Hearts group have a list of songs about Kickback as well.

We were all young once.

BILLYHIBS
26-09-2019, 10:58 AM
:hibees

Old gits rool ya bass!

Anthony Soprano
26-09-2019, 11:08 AM

Not sure that it is Since 1875, think you're making assumptions

WeeRussell
26-09-2019, 11:09 AM
Hibs.net GTF
**** yer Hibs.net

You get the drift

Anything about admin pricks?

I'm_cabbaged
26-09-2019, 11:12 AM
Heard the **** the UDA song plus a song involving the lyrics proddys and Scott Allan. What else was there?

Was it not gorgies? Anyway I had a wee chuckle with Hibs.net songs. As for the **** the UDA the song doesn’t even mention anything to do with sectarianism, it’s just been chucked in there as it rhymes I think. Young laddies having a laugh, get over it.

Anthony Soprano
26-09-2019, 11:13 AM
Mercer - horrible hearts c*** who tried to wipe us of the map, good riddance, his wife should be left out of it though.

UDA - Indeed, F*** them, has nothing to do with Hibs though and shouldn't be sung

Either way, it is a small minority and i'm not going to lose any sleep over it

percy veer
26-09-2019, 11:13 AM

the real fans are too busy plotting boycotts to sing

WeeRussell
26-09-2019, 11:31 AM
the real fans are too busy plotting boycotts to sing

I'd rather the plooky, green street wannabe, virgin cretins that are trying so hard to make our club look like Celtic boycotted as well.

Remember when we were turning our noses up at the young hearts team who were behaving like huns a season or two ago?

HibeeHibernian4
26-09-2019, 11:38 AM
Having heard the one that references the UDA now,, it annoys me because it is just an unnecessary throwaway addon. Have heard it sung on trains before but people had been singing "**** Halliday" instead, which is fair game.

marinello59
26-09-2019, 12:57 PM
Young lads having a pop at what they view as a bunch of boring old has been moaners. The Hearts group have a list of songs about Kickback as well.

We were all young once.

Boring old has been moaners. Damn... guilty. :greengrin

I’m written a song about the young team in response.

“I hate you all because you are younger and better looking than me.
And have hair.
And teeth. “

It does need some work. :greengrin

Keith_M
26-09-2019, 01:07 PM

And have hair.
And teeth. “

Having been at the league game at Kilmarnock, I feel it only fair to point out... that part doesn't apply to all of them

wearethehibs
26-09-2019, 01:39 PM
I don't speak on behalf of the group but last night it seemed like there were only 2 or 3 of the core guys (the ones who sort displays and buses etc). The usual drummer and capo were not there and it looked like they let a couple of the younger lads have a go at those roles.

Obviously a mistake as the songs getting started and drummed along to were embarrassing at times.

Hopefully a lesson learnt

Carheenlea
26-09-2019, 01:44 PM
I don't speak on behalf of the group but last night it seemed like there were only 2 or 3 of the core guys (the ones who sort displays and buses etc). The usual drummer and capo were not there and it looked like they let a couple of the younger lads have a go at those roles.

Obviously a mistake as the songs getting started and drummed along to were embarrassing at times.

Hopefully a lesson learnt

For the benefit of the .net stuffed shirt faction, what’s a capo?

wearethehibs
26-09-2019, 01:57 PM

Sorry, someone who leads the chanting and tries to keep it going

Barman Stanton
26-09-2019, 02:00 PM

A Capo is a made member of the mafia who is in charge of his own crew of soldiers. I had no idea they were so connected. They can sing whatever they want as far as I'm concerned :take that

theonlywayisup
26-09-2019, 02:05 PM
As someone said previously, we were all young once.

I recall from the 80s, the chant whenever any young lady ventured onto the pitch "get your t**s out for the boys". And no, it's not toes. I personally didn't sing it, but there was always much hilarity when it was.

Or when someone from the opposition team went down injured (in these days real men got up straight away), the fans would chant "dig a grave, dig a grave......".

I also recall one Irish sounding guy at a Hibs - Rangers game shouting "get into these Church of Scotland *******". Thankfully, he got shouted down straight away. Maybe that's what needed is some self policing at games, not moaning about it on .net.

Smartie
26-09-2019, 02:08 PM
Hibs.net GTF
**** yer Hibs.net

You get the drift

Anyone know how I go about joining the UDA?

Moulin Yarns
26-09-2019, 02:16 PM

The clip type thing that guitarist puts on the fret across the strings. 😉

Peevemor
26-09-2019, 02:20 PM
The clip type thing that guitarist puts on the fret across the strings. 😉

Another concept that Bojo hasn't quite got the hang of ...

Diclonius
26-09-2019, 02:32 PM
Another benefit of strict liability is it would either shut up or get rid of this element of our support.

The day we become a mini Celtic is the day I stop attending. Thankfully it seems to be a genuine minority and not an "Old Firm minority".

Helensburghhibs
26-09-2019, 02:49 PM
Not sure that it is Since 1875, think you're making assumptions

Unless it's not since 1875 that has a since 1875 banner it definately is.

Helensburghhibs
26-09-2019, 02:51 PM
Was it not gorgies? Anyway I had a wee chuckle with Hibs.net songs. As for the **** the UDA the song doesn’t even mention anything to do with sectarianism, it’s just been chucked in there as it rhymes I think. Young laddies having a laugh, get over it.

My wee man has been singing it all day replacing proddys with gorgies so I'm happy with that haha

frazeHFC
26-09-2019, 03:26 PM
Horrific patter. Can see why folk may think it was Since 1875 because at away games folk crowd round the group, but can absolutely confirm it wasn't anyone involved in the group or displays. Certainly wouldn't hear those songs if you stood in Section 25 for a match.

Chuck Rhoades
26-09-2019, 03:47 PM
I know for a fact its not the 15-20 or so members of Since 1875. Although I am sure everyone has their moments! They could however help matters by distancing themselves. Easier said than done. I think the youngest person involved in Since 1875 is 18 with average age in mid/late 20s. This nonsense comes from the crèche.

Noticed a big difference in demographic since moving back to East this season. A much higher average age!

Moulin Yarns
26-09-2019, 04:17 PM
I know for a fact its not the 15-20 or so members of Since 1875. Although I am sure everyone has their moments! They could however help matters by distancing themselves. Easier said than done. I think the youngest person involved in Since 1875 is 18 with average age in mid/late 20s. This nonsense comes from the crèche.

Noticed a big difference in demographic since moving back to East this season. A much higher average age!

There's a problem knowing what each group is and represents. Is 'since 1875' the group that organise the display, and are they the same as the 'singing section' in block 25?

Renton1875
26-09-2019, 05:45 PM

And have hair.
And teeth. “

It does need some work. :greengrin

and way too skinny jeans, and nae socks.

I'm_cabbaged
26-09-2019, 05:50 PM
My wee man has been singing it all day replacing proddys with gorgies so I'm happy with that haha

I’m pretty sure it is gorgies, maybe bouncer Ross can clarify?

cabbageandribs1875
26-09-2019, 06:02 PM

so, in this order we have

the auld team
the young team
the creche team

:flag:

Marvellous
26-09-2019, 06:07 PM
Another benefit of strict liability is it would either shut up or get rid of this element of our support.

The day we become a mini Celtic is the day I stop attending. Thankfully it seems to be a genuine minority and not an "Old Firm minority".

Three or four idiots does not constitute an element of our support.

Sir David Gray
26-09-2019, 06:07 PM
I don't care how old these clowns are, this nonsense needs nipped in the bud now.

Either get them to stop this garbage or else get them out of the support.

Chuck Rhoades
26-09-2019, 06:21 PM
I don't care how old these clowns are, this nonsense needs nipped in the bud now.

Either get them to stop this garbage or else get them out of the support.

Your best bet is pulling them up at the match, rather than nipping it on here where they probably dont see.

bigwheel
26-09-2019, 06:26 PM
Your best bet is pulling them up at the match, rather than nipping it on here where they probably dont see.

How would you imagine how 20 boys and a drummer being pulled up about their songs at the match would go down - a polite discussion ensues ?

The best response would be for the other fans to out sing them with a Hibs song ....

Ps. I feel the religious oriented songs do damage to our clubs reputation so don’t like them at all..

The same group do great versions of turnbull tornadoes. Top notch that

cmcd
26-09-2019, 06:42 PM

Would you be saying that if it was you're family they were singing about

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 06:43 PM
Would you be saying that if it was you're family they were singing about

What Hibs fans families are they singing about like?

Sir David Gray
26-09-2019, 06:47 PM

I totally agree I wasn't trying to say that we will eradicate this problem by chatting about it on here. The way forward is for the majority to join together by telling these people that these songs are not welcome and if they choose to ignore that then their details should be passed on to the club.

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 06:49 PM
I totally agree I wasn't trying to say that we will eradicate this problem by chatting about it on here. The way forward is for the majority to join together by telling these people that these songs are not welcome and if they choose to ignore that then their details should be passed on to the club.

What about the starting “shut up, or we’ll Wallace you”*?

*Lee Wallace not Wallace Mercer to clarify :greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
26-09-2019, 06:49 PM
How would you imagine how 20 boys and a drummer being pulled up about their songs at the match would go down - a polite discussion ensues ?

The best response would be for the other fans to out sing them with a Hibs song ....

Ps. I feel the religious oriented songs do damage to our clubs reputation so don’t like them at all..

The same group do great versions of turnbull tornadoes. Top notch that

Valid point.

And more singers wouldn’t go a miss. ER is dead.

blackpoolhibs
26-09-2019, 07:02 PM
We survived, he died do da doo da

It rhymes now.

The 90+2
26-09-2019, 07:30 PM
It rhymes now.

😂😂😂

bubblesmorrison
26-09-2019, 09:27 PM
I bet you half the people moaning about this did not even attend the game and think they have the right to say these guys are not fans. If you have a problem with what they are singing sing over them do something other than comming on the internet and being a keyboard warrior. For some reason .netters seem to think they are a higher brand of Hibs fans.

Scouse Hibee
26-09-2019, 09:38 PM
I bet you half the people moaning about this did not even attend the game and think they have the right to say these guys are not fans. If you have a problem with what they are singing sing over them do something other than comming on the internet and being a keyboard warrior. For some reason .netters seem to think they are a higher brand of Hibs fans.

How exactly do .netters think they are a higher brand of Hibs fan?

Anyone that sings some of the stuff bring spouted recently is definitely a lower brand of human being, if you or they don’t like that being pointed out to them then maybe they should stop singing such drivel.

FilipinoHibs
26-09-2019, 10:12 PM

Yup I always tried to shout down the refugee song by pointing Hibs were formed by refugees.

Frazerbob
27-09-2019, 06:00 AM

I was at the game, as is obvious by my post. I did shout and boo at the bigoted chants and laughed at the Hibs.net chants, from my seat 30/40 feet away. What do you think would happen if I left my seat and approached the group? Yes they are fans, idiotic, embarrassing and out of order fans.

Sir David Gray
27-09-2019, 06:16 AM

:faf:

If you're suggesting that I believe that I might be a higher brand of Hibs fan than people who are engaging in sectarian songs and singing songs mocking disasters and people with terminal illnesses then I would say you are absolutely correct.

I wasn't there on Wednesday but I was at the game at Ibrox last month when they were singing very similar songs.

Hope that's ok with you.

MSK
27-09-2019, 06:20 AM
I bet you half the people moaning about this did not even attend the game and think they have the right to say these guys are not fans. If you have a problem with what they are singing sing over them do something other than comming on the internet and being a keyboard warrior. For some reason .netters seem to think they are a higher brand of Hibs fans.You are registered on .net, you read .net, you have a username on .net, you post on .net and you have been a member of .net for a decent length of time, therefore you are also a .netter, do you also think you are a higher brand of hibs fan ?

.Sean.
27-09-2019, 06:36 AM
It’s quite simple really, as much as 99.99999% of us will agree about the UDA being ****bags, we don’t want to hear Hibs supporters singing sectarian nonsense, nor do we want to be seen to be tolerating the equally ****my IRA for instance, neither do we want to seen as some cringey, embarrassing wannabe wee Celtic.

I went 10 ish years from 16 to when I started working weekends over the last few years and you’re lucky if I missed 15/20 away games in that time (and yes I’ll have sung a rake of close to the bone stuff, but never anything sectarian), so fairly sure I’m more than qualified to give my opinion. Yes, going to Rugby Park on a Wednesday night qualifies you as a Hibs supporter but if folk want to sing garbage about Irish militant groups then you’d be more suited going to watch one of the Glaswegian clubs that tolerate that Neanderthal, knuckle dragging pish.

Quite embarrassing how much a certain element are determined for us to be seen as Celtics wee cousins. The vast majority of us couldn’t care less about singing sectarian crap or Irish politics here I’m afraid. That’s no being easily offended or a snowflake as believe you me I’m as far removed from that as you can get, just a case of not wanting lumped in beside Old Firm gluebag bigots who lap up that *****