PDA

View Full Version : Short back and sides, Mr Heckingbottom?

Scotty Leither
14-09-2019, 07:08 PM
...because that's the kind of player that your midfield is currently loaded with - I think within the game it's called a "haircut team".

If I saw the guy Vela make one forward pass today, then I must've missed it.

The other midfield players are an indentikit of each other - the build up is so slow and if teams double up on Allan as Killie did today, then our single creative force is out the game.

The one wide player we had today (Horgan) didn't go past anybody, so Killie's defence faced the play all the time. I don't think we turned them ONCE.

Basics that our well enumerated manager can't seem to see and hasn't addressed. He's got to go before next week because although that lot are a limited side as well, they've got bruisers in their side who'll simply steamroller us.

Admit your mistake Leeann please, and act accordingly

My choice would be Robinson of Motherwell - his team are good to watch, they're quick and direct and he seems to have an eye for a player too.

Hibernia&Alba
14-09-2019, 07:10 PM
He could do with something for the weekend, like a defence, a midfield and an attack.

JohnM1875
14-09-2019, 07:11 PM
I really like Robinson at Motherwell as well. Seems to have done a really good job replacing important players and plays attacking football. Think he'd do well at us.

Unseen work
14-09-2019, 07:14 PM
I really like Robinson at Motherwell as well. Seems to have done a really good job replacing important players and plays attacking football. Think he'd do well at us.

He would be my pick, seems to be passionate which goes onto the pitch too and the players react.

Gives young players a chance too - Turnbull, Hastie, Scott etc

Only issue if he came to Hibs he might feel the pressure more and change as many managers have done in the past.

His teams certainly work like f*** and are difficult to beat. He is one that likes to be solid and have good quick wingers that can take a man on

Scottie
14-09-2019, 07:18 PM
I think the majority will like Robinson but what the hell makes you think he would leave Motherwell for us ? ATM we are back to being the basket case of a club we have always been scuffing about in mediocracy.

Leith Green
14-09-2019, 07:21 PM
I think the majority will like Robinson but what the hell makes you think he would leave Motherwell for us ? ATM we are back to being the basket case of a club we have always been scuffing about in mediocracy.

If Hibs were in for Robinson , id be amazed if he didnt want to come.

JohnM1875
14-09-2019, 07:22 PM

Can't argue with your point. We really are back to that. Disappointing as that is :brickwall

Hibs4185
14-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Last manager from Motherwell done us well!

PH91
14-09-2019, 07:28 PM
If Hibs were in for Robinson , id be amazed if he didnt want to come.

I would be amazed if he did.

Has built a great squad with motherwell and all their theoretical competitors are struggling.

Stay on and have a good season with them and there will be far bigger clubs than Hibs offering him a job.

Onion
14-09-2019, 07:29 PM
According to some on here, we have no budget.
Others want MR Heckingbottom sacked with the termination package that would cost and then sign a manager currently at another club which would mean compensation.

Not saying that these things shouldn’t happen just saying there are constraints to work within.

Next week we’ll win and that will start a new phase this season.
It’s odd we’ve become a support that advocates buying success.

The financial implications for Hibs in leaving Heckingbottom in place could be far greater. There's only one way our crowds and Season Ticket sales are going with him in charge.

FRes Hibbie
14-09-2019, 07:35 PM
Others want MR Heckingbottom sacked with the termination package that would cost and then sign a manager currently at another club which would mean compensation.

Not saying that these things shouldn’t happen just saying there are constraints to work within.

It’s hardly surprising for folk to see other teams in the league that look much better than us to ask questions. Speculating on getting someone else who’s at a club with less money but doing better is a natural reaction.

jax67
14-09-2019, 09:21 PM

I bet the jambos will be liking the look of him too.

Iain G
14-09-2019, 09:23 PM
Last manager from Motherwell done us well!

Terry Butcher? 😁

Scotty Leither
15-09-2019, 06:51 AM
I bet the jambos will be liking the look of him too.

That's why we need to move quickly.

eastcoasthibby
15-09-2019, 08:07 AM
I wonder what the recruitment team looks like at Motherwell and Killie compared to ours and what their game analysis team are like compared to ours..? Bet its not half the size of what ours is and yet their recruitment and game strategy is better than ours Motherwell and Killie for quite a few years now seem to discover decent players that do a consistent job.. On I would reckon be a significantly smaller budget than us... So what the hell are we paying for in these areas of our club if we are getting a worse return for our money and I won't even go near the wages we are paying for inferior quality players as well.. Who makes the decisions? Leanne Dempster and George Craig??!! Lennon and Heckingbottom??!!

green day
15-09-2019, 08:14 AM
I wonder what the recruitment team looks like at Motherwell and Killie compared to ours and what their game analysis team are like compared to ours..? Bet its not half the size of what ours is and yet their recruitment and game strategy is better than ours Motherwell and Killie for quite a few years now seem to discover decent players that do a consistent job.. On I would reckon be a significantly smaller budget than us... So what the hell are we paying for in these areas of our club if we are getting a worse return for our money and I won't even go near the wages we are paying for inferior quality players as well.. Who makes the decisions? Leanne Dempster and George Craig??!! Lennon and Heckingbottom??!!

I am totally with you on this, we can sack PH but despite a budget 2-3 times those clubs mentioned, we cant seem to get things like recruitment right.

Craig and Dempster are ultimately responsible.

loanheadhibby
15-09-2019, 08:28 AM
I would be amazed if he did.

Has built a great squad with motherwell and all their theoretical competitors are struggling.

Stay on and have a good season with them and there will be far bigger clubs than Hibs offering him a job.

I'm not so sure that is correct. He had a spell in England and failed miserably. All the hall marks of a Terry Butcher appointment.

The Leith Dutch
15-09-2019, 08:50 AM

I'd imagine (or at least hope) the club would take a different approach to budget for players and acting on a failing manager.

The former is something you take care with to be a well run club as it spirals quickly to living outwith your means.
The latter is one you have to act on.

I would love to know what you're seeing that makes you think we're going to win next week.
Hearts are rank rotten right now but they're actually scoring in addition to conceding a shed load.

It's so easy to see how to beat Hibs right now that even Levein can figure it out.
Our best chance is if he's lost the dressing room.
If he hasn't he'll have them up for the game and we will lose unless Heckingbottom has been sandbagging massively.

Moody Blues
15-09-2019, 11:57 AM
I’d love to know what you’re seeing in Hearts to think we won’t win.
Hibs are playing better than Hearts and that should see us through.

Are they really?

The Leith Dutch
15-09-2019, 11:59 AM
I’d love to know what you’re seeing in Hearts to think we won’t win.
Hibs are playing better than Hearts and that should see us through.

They've scored four goals in their last two games against our zero.

To be clear - not saying they're good.
Just disturbed that a lot of people aren't worried.

jacomo
15-09-2019, 12:49 PM

This post just comes across as pointlessly argumentative.

Most Hibs fans are on board with our stated aim: spend as much as we can on the squad but stay within our means, 2 players for every position.

We are not doing it.

Jim44
15-09-2019, 09:41 PM
It’s a bit arrogant to assume that a potentially successful manager with another club in our league would want to forfeit his future rating by moving to a club going nowhere at the moment.

mcfly
15-09-2019, 09:51 PM
The financial implications for Hibs in leaving Heckingbottom in place could be far greater. There's only one way our crowds and Season Ticket sales are going with him in charge.

Correct - crowds will plummet if we keep this man in charge.

Squirrel 1875
15-09-2019, 10:09 PM
The financial implications of keeping this man in charge will ruin the club. All of the hard work carried out by the club over the last few years could well be overturned if we don’t get rid of him urgently.

jacomo
15-09-2019, 10:43 PM
I take it your first line is a description on your post?

Ok maybe but do we need another PH thread? Plenty covering the same ground.

I hope we win the Derby but they are bottom of the league. I think the manager has got things badly wrong and doesn’t know how to fix it.