PDA

View Full Version : Calm down to a frenzy

Sammy7nil
14-09-2019, 06:23 PM
IMHO Hecky is going nowhere until after the cup game unless we lose by three to Hearts.

So we all need to calm down to a frenzy.

By all accounts Hibs were okay today and bar a defensive lapse we may have sneeked a win and were well worth a draw.

Now I don't think he will survive and if he resigned I would not be upset. However I think the club would get an awful lot of negative press and struggle to attract a quality replacement if he was sacked at this time.

Two more games may be worth the wait.

Nicho87
14-09-2019, 06:24 PM
Sorry but nah. Signs are there. Why delay the inevitable.
Is this guy going to even challenge for a trophy?
Is this guy going to get us top four?
If both answers are no. We should be looking for better, otherwise you sir/madam are a happy clapper.

kaimendhibs
14-09-2019, 06:25 PM
Ok apart from losing 2 nil and 3rd away game in a row?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

skyhibs
14-09-2019, 06:25 PM
IMHO Hecky is going nowhere until after the cup game unless we lose by three to Hearts.

By all accounts Hibs were okay today and bar a defensive lapse we may have sneeked a win and were well worth a draw.

Now I don't think he will survive and if he resigned I would not be upset. However I think the club would get an awful lot of negative press and struggle to attract a quality replacement if he was sacked at this time.

Why wait, your already saying you don’t think he will survive.. so let’s give the team a lift and get a caretaker in to hammer the Jambo’s and then get the right person in

Cabbie1875
14-09-2019, 06:27 PM
13 goals conceded
5 goals scored
Played 5
Won 1
Lost 3
Drawn 1
Relegation material

BoomtownHibees
We could win the derby 5-0 and I would still want the **** sacked

craigmcfarlane
He's had enough time and he isn't up to the task. I think Heckingbottom has massively underestimated the Scottish league and to be honest he probably thought he'd walk it up there. His signings have been dreadful and are up there with the garbage Calderwood brought in.

He has to go, as this is relegation form.

Pretty Boy
14-09-2019, 06:29 PM
If Heckingbottom had been sacked after the 1st game of the season we would have had dozens of applicants desperate for a crack at the Hibs job. That still rings true today.

There is nothing to be gained by giving him anymore time. He has had 10 competitive games this season, won 5 (only 1 of which was against a team in the same league as us), drawn 2 and lost 3. Narrow that to league games only and it's played 5, won 1, drawn 1, lost 3. That's appaling and a semi competent 1st half v Kilmarnock doesn't change that.

Fife-Hibee
We're not worth anything if we can't make it happen. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what we supposedly deserved. Our history is rife with "should haves". We didn't deserve a damn thing today, otherwise we would have got something.

emerald green

There would literally be dozens of applicants for the Hibs job if they sacked Heck now.

Keith_M
14-09-2019, 06:31 PM
There would literally be dozens of applicants for the Hibs job if they sacked Heck now.

Gordon Strachan?

RoYO!
14-09-2019, 06:32 PM
But but but did we not win some pre season games against some utter dross?

Sammy7nil
14-09-2019, 06:32 PM

Totally agree, I could be one of them what I want to know is what quality of candidate would apply.

Sammy7nil
14-09-2019, 06:34 PM
Gordon Strachan?

He would never apply however if Hibs approached him who knows i think he would be great.

theonlywayisup
14-09-2019, 06:37 PM

Hibs are not going to sack him now and he's not going to resign. So we've got to back him until he inevitably goes.

According to the reporter at the game, Hibs could have been two or three up. That all changed when we had another defensive lapse.

Don't get me wrong, I think he has to go. But, unfortunately, he's not going anytime soon.

Sir David Gray
14-09-2019, 06:38 PM

We were also "ok" for spells at Fir Park a fortnight ago.

Unfortunately we've come away from these two matches with no goals, no points and five conceded.

It's not good enough and it needs sorted now.

Crab apple
14-09-2019, 06:39 PM
I’ve wanted him sacked since Ibrox but I thought the board would give him until Xmas to try and turn things around. I’m hoping they act now as there’s no way he’s going to turn things around. We’re soft, something he acknowledges but clearly can’t address. His signings are questionable and he appears to have spent our largest ever transfer budget on signings he won’t start in the team. Whoever comes in is stuck with these signings for a long time. We only managed to sign Naismith at the eleventh hour because Sean going to Dundee freed up the money for Naismith’s wages.

Cabbie1875
14-09-2019, 06:39 PM
Gordon Strachan?

Said we should have went for him when Lenny went

Hibeewilly
14-09-2019, 06:40 PM

We were okay for the first half hour then Killie started coming into the game and totally dominated the second half. We have no end product and the number of passes that went astray in the final third was horrendous. His signings are gash and as an earlier poster said he has completely under estimated the SPL. Ron Gordon was in the supporters bar today and mingled with some Hibs fans and posed for photos.....he needs to dig deep into his pockets and get three free agents in to try and save this season...…..Mulumbu Ambrose and Morrison would be a start:fuming: A striker is desperately needed as well...….Hooper or similar or the club is going to lose a lot more money than they will cost as relegation beckons

Cabbie1875
14-09-2019, 06:41 PM

Agreed, but if we won the Derby it would only paper over the cracks, he needs to go before, end off, hes no going to turn this around

emerald green
14-09-2019, 06:42 PM
Totally agree, I could be one of them what I want to know is what quality of candidate would apply.

Surely there would be some candidates who could organise and motivate the squad at his disposal far better than the current manager/coach? Also someone who will make Hibs far harder all over the pitch, and with an eye for a decent player.

we are hibs
14-09-2019, 06:44 PM
Please not strachan. Had far too many tactically inept stubborn managers to last a lifetime.

YETI1875
14-09-2019, 06:44 PM
His signings are terrible,his tactics are terrible,his interviews are cringeworthy.its a sad state of affairs

marleyhib
14-09-2019, 06:46 PM
"Two more games may be worth the wait."

wow

rcarter1
14-09-2019, 06:47 PM
Im with the OP.

Way too early to be sacking manager, and way too early to say we won't have a decent season. The players we have are individually decent, and I wouldn't be surprised if we went on a bit of a run at some point. And if we beat Hearts 5-0, then I'd be happy to give Hecky until after Christmas at the very least to add a player or too.

Weegreenman
14-09-2019, 06:48 PM
The result was not a surprise if I’m honest but there were signs of improvement.
On that basis I’ll try and give him more time but lose to them next week and I’m afraid he’ll need to go.

The last thing we as a club need is another managerial upheaval, although I know most of my fellow supporters want him to go now.

Nicho87
Im with the OP.

Way too early to be sacking manager, and way too early to say we won't have a decent season. The players we have are individually decent, and I wouldn't be surprised if we went on a bit of a run at some point. And if we beat Hearts 5-0, then I'd be happy to give Hecky until after Christmas at the very least to add a player or too.

Wow.

hibeerealist

He is out of his depth it is as clear as day. I would have sent him packing after Ibrox, he sent one of our best young laddies out on loan very quickly post that game and it was fairly clear he held him Accountable. He was silly but for Fs that is no way to treat the lad, sorry he has never accepted any responsibility for anything and that is not the sign of a good manager.

Summary - b o llo ck s to another two games not even one.

Crab apple
14-09-2019, 06:53 PM
Im with the OP.

We may well have a good season but only if we get a new manager.

Steve20
14-09-2019, 06:57 PM
If people think we played okay today then it shows how the standards have slipped.

We have no ideas. It’s shocking stuff. But mediocre is accepted at our club it seems.

Fife-Hibee
14-09-2019, 07:01 PM
Im with the OP.

If we were simply losing games after putting in hard fought performances for 90 minutes, I would agree with you. But we seem to have this habit of thinking the game is over as soon as the first goal goes in. It's bad enough for it to happen in one game, never mind a string of them. The early warning signs are just too damning to believe that there is any hope of a turn around.

rcarter1
14-09-2019, 07:33 PM
If we were simply losing games after putting in hard fought performances for 90 minutes, I would agree with you. But we seem to have this habit of thinking the game is over as soon as the first goal goes in. It's bad enough for it to happen in one game, never mind a string of them. The early warning signs are just too damning to believe that there is any hope of a turn around.

Dont get me wrong, I know the signs are bad, but my view point is only based on it being so early. I had my one and only season ticket in the Butcher relegation year, so I appreciate the potential for disaster, but I just think a few breaks, good results could get us on the front foot. If at Christmas we are looking like a bottom 6/relegation team then I would understand a change.

Speedway
14-09-2019, 07:37 PM
Im with the OP.

Sarcasm or evidence of being able to post while in a coma?

Sammy7nil
14-09-2019, 07:41 PM
Gordon Strachan?

Surely there would be some candidates who could organise and motivate the squad at his disposal far better than the current manager/coach? Also someone who will make Hibs far harder all over the pitch, and with an eye for a decent player.

Who? Make a sensible suggestion.

Please not strachan. Had far too many tactically inept stubborn managers to last a lifetime.

Ha ha if he wanted the job thousands of fans would drive him here.

Maybe he just disagrees with you is that okay :rolleyes::confused:

Hibernia&Alba
14-09-2019, 07:47 PM
Have to say I'm actually pretty calm about it all. Perhaps I've just given up on the manager and his signings and am going through the motions. I can't even rouse myself to anger just now, which might be a case of a pessimist can't be disappointed in relation to the current team.

Hibs90
14-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Im with the OP.

Once you are finished with the vodka pass it over please :greengrin

Sammy7nil
14-09-2019, 08:31 PM
Once you are finished with the vodka pass it over please :greengrin

Going by your user name you have had enough :wink:

rcarter1
14-09-2019, 08:35 PM

Just reckon we could turn this round with a few good results, a big win vs Hearts would be a great way to around the momentum.

Hiber-nation
14-09-2019, 08:39 PM
Just reckon we could turn this round with a few good results, a big win vs Hearts would be a great way to around the momentum.

Have you actually watched Hibs recently? And what do you call a big win? Just wondering.

Smartie
14-09-2019, 08:39 PM

We look bereft of confidence and losing a goal stuffs us.

It could all change with an early goal next week, they implode and we get yer big derby win.

Of course, the opposite could happen just as easily.........

rcarter1
14-09-2019, 09:59 PM
Have you actually watched Hibs recently? And what do you call a big win? Just wondering.

I have watched the Morton game, and I found for the first time in my life booing at half time. But chatting it through with more regular attenders, the problems stem as much from shape and tactics. These can be changed, and confidence then can build.

A big win would be more or less any win in the derby, getting to Semi Final, a win against Aberdeen away or Celtic at home would also do. Not saying it guarantees we then go on and do really well, but if tactics and player selection is right, and confidence grows, I reckon we could improve dramatically.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 10:03 PM
Im with the OP.

Please report for a random med screen immediately. :crazy:

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 10:05 PM

A big win vs hearts? Can you remember the last time we beat hearts by at least 3 clear goals because thats a big win imo? And it was long before you joined .net by the way.

Real Emerald
14-09-2019, 10:18 PM
I have watched the Morton game, and I found for the first time in my life booing at half time. But chatting it through with more regular attenders, the problems stem as much from shape and tactics. These can be changed, and confidence then can build.

A big win would be more or less any win in the derby, getting to Semi Final, a win against Aberdeen away or Celtic at home would also do. Not saying it guarantees we then go on and do really well, but if tactics and player selection is right, and confidence grows, I reckon we could improve dramatically.

We could dramatically improve to being just utter pish instead of being utter utter diabolical total pish I suppose. Onwards and upwards.

BS44
14-09-2019, 10:35 PM
And another thread started by a Hibs fan who wasn't there today asking us not to panic.

I'm going to stop going, then after our next predictable defeat I'm gonna come on here and tell all to calm down

Mon Dieu4
14-09-2019, 10:39 PM

Okay is not acceptable, we need to be better than that

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 10:40 PM
And another thread started by a Hibs fan who wasn't there today asking us not to panic.

I'm going to stop going, then after our next predictable defeat I'm gonna come on here and tell all to calm down

:tee hee:, Well said B. :agree:, :top marks

Tomsk
14-09-2019, 10:45 PM

Strachan would be the wrong choice now, but not because he is tactically inept - anything but.

The Harp Awakes
14-09-2019, 11:05 PM
Gordon Strachan?

I have heard he has already been lined up as Hibs next Manager.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 11:06 PM
I have heard he has already been lined up as Hibs next Manager.

From where? :confused:

The Modfather
14-09-2019, 11:14 PM
A big win vs hearts? Can you remember the last time we beat hearts by at least 3 clear goals because thats a big win imo? And it was long before you joined .net by the way.

You have to go back to 2006, cup final aside, to find the last time Hearts beat us by 3 clear goals or more yet you’ve been banging on about the pumping they are going to give us for weeks. They might well win, but what makes you think they will give us a pumping?

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 11:18 PM
You have to go back to 2006, cup final aside, to find the last time Hearts beat us by 3 clear goals or more yet you’ve been banging on about the pumping they are going to give us for weeks. They might well win, but what makes you think they will give us a pumping?

Because we are ***** and have conceded 13 goals in 5 league games scoring only 4 with no sign of that subsiding either.

The Modfather
14-09-2019, 11:23 PM
Because we are ***** and have conceded 13 goals in 5 league games scoring only 4 with no sign of that subsiding either.

I’ll happily have a bet with you that Hearts won’t win by 3 clear goals or more. The game is probably 50/50, two very poor teams. It will be turgid, low on quality and neither side will win by more than 2 goals IMO. In line with that last 10/15 years.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 11:27 PM
I’ll happily have a bet with you that Hearts won’t win by 3 clear goals or more. The game is probably 50/50, two very poor teams. It will be turgid, low on quality and neither side will win by more than 2 goals IMO. In line with that last 10/15 years.

I haven't said they will win by 3 clear goals though, the poster I quoted was asked what a big win v hearts would be and I posted imo a big win is by 3 clear goals at least.

The Modfather
14-09-2019, 11:28 PM
I haven't said they will win by 3 clear goals though, the poster I quoted was asked what a big win v hearts would be and I posted imo a big win is by 3 clear goals at least.

So what’s your definition of a pumping as that’s what you’ve been saying for weeks?

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 11:31 PM
So what’s your definition of a pumping as that’s what you’ve been saying for weeks?

Winning the match with all the stats such as possession, shots on goal/target, corners, fouls won in the winning teams favour, thats a pumping. Something we've yet to achieve this season unless except maybe St mirren.

EDIT - nope, St Mirren pretty much matched us all over the place except with possession in that game.

The Modfather
14-09-2019, 11:42 PM
Winning the match with all the stats such as possession, shots on goal/target, corners, fouls won in the winning teams favour, thats a pumping. Something we've yet to achieve this season unless except maybe St mirren.

EDIT - nope, St Mirren pretty much matched us all over the place except with possession in that game.

If that’s your definition of a pumping, fair enough. I still struggle to see what makes you think we’ll get pumped, Hearts haven’t won in the league all season, have less points than us and are bottom. They might well win the game but by any definition I can’t see how they will pump us.

calumhibee1
14-09-2019, 11:45 PM
If that’s your definition of a pumping, fair enough. I still struggle to see what makes you think we’ll get pumped, Hearts haven’t won in the league all season, have less points than us and are bottom. They might well win the game but by any definition I can’t see how they will pump us.

Because he wants to try and get folk worked up into an absolute frenzy. That’s the only reason he claims Hearts will pump us.

He’s on nearly every thread telling us that’s what is going to happen next week. He’s desperate for others to buy into it and for it to become gospel. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if he’s hoping it happens so he can say I told you so.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 11:49 PM
Because he wants to try and get folk worked up into an absolute frenzy. That’s the only reason he claims Hearts will pump us.

He’s on nearly every thread telling us that’s what is going to happen next week. He’s desperate for others to buy into it and for it to become gospel. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if he’s hoping it happens so he can say I told you so.

Aye because I'm the only one who thinks we'll get beat next week. I said We'd get a proper ****ging at Ibrox - I was right. I said Motherwell would be a heavy defeat - it was. I said Killy would win comfortably today - they did. Nobody believed me though and got the usual accusations thrown at me...

calumhibee1
14-09-2019, 11:52 PM
Aye because I'm the only one who thinks we'll get beat next week. I said We'd get a proper ****ging at Ibrox - I was right. I said Motherwell would be a heavy defeat - it was. I said Killy would win comfortably today - they did. Nobody believed me though and got the usual accusations thrown at me...

All hail HC the master predictor. You’re not just predicting a defeat. You’re predicting an absolute skelping off a team that are bottom of the league and haven’t even won a game yet. And we’re at home where we’re actually undefeated this season (admittedly only in four games or so).

I’ll just give away my ticket for next week then. Don’t want to sit through an absolute skelping which is pretty much a cert. Only reason I might go is so I can tell my grand kids that I seen the great Steven Naismith.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 11:53 PM
All hail HC the master predictor.

I’ll just give away my ticket for next week then. Don’t want to sit through an absolute skelping which is pretty much a cert. Only reason I might go is so I can tell my grand kids that I seen the great Steven Naismith.

You're just being silly now. Bedtime so you can sober up.

Mantis Toboggan
15-09-2019, 12:19 AM

I think we will get beat as well, but theres ways of saying it...

MrRobot
15-09-2019, 08:31 AM
get him out now before it’s gets any worse.

CloudSquall
15-09-2019, 08:42 AM
No chance we couldn't attract quality applicants for the job given the squad and potential there especially with a new owner.

cabbageandribs1875
15-09-2019, 08:44 AM
get him out now before it’s gets any worse.

Hermit ? :confused:

southsider
15-09-2019, 08:56 AM
I was so much looking forward to this season. New owner, cash injection, SA back. All my hopes have turned to dust. Get this clown out of my club. Tomorrow is not soon enough.

HFC 0-7
15-09-2019, 08:59 AM

Listen to what you are saying!!!

“By all accounts we were ok”

“May have sneaked a win”

“Worth a draw”

That’s not the sort of thing we should be aspiring to!!

We were ok for the first half without really threatening.

We can only sneak a win if we score

We were not worth a draw.

MrRobot
15-09-2019, 09:01 AM
Hermit ? :confused:

eh?

cabbageandribs1875
15-09-2019, 09:03 AM
eh?

no matter

HFC 0-7
15-09-2019, 09:05 AM

What you are saying makes it worse. You are saying we have the players it’s just what the manager is doing with them that is the issue and that we should give him time??

Keith_M
15-09-2019, 09:13 AM
I haven't said they will win by 3 clear goals though....

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?341909-Hearts-Fans-Are-Revolting&p=5927269&viewfull=1#post5927269

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 09:16 AM
https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?341909-Hearts-Fans-Are-Revolting&p=5927269&viewfull=1#post5927269

:greengrin

MSK
15-09-2019, 09:25 AM
https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?341909-Hearts-Fans-Are-Revolting&p=5927269&viewfull=1#post5927269Aye but it could be 3-4 though 😆

The Modfather
15-09-2019, 09:35 AM

HC also doesn’t think Hearts will win by 3 clear goals so he’s predicting a 4-2 or 4-3 pumping. I’ve bookmarked this post...

HC’s standard hysteria aside, I suspect we’ll lose a turgid game by the odd goal to a defensive howler and collectively get a sense of deja vu.

Steve88
15-09-2019, 10:26 AM

What a load of absolute tripe. It's this complacent "nicely nicely" attitude that has (and will continue too) see Hibs be a mediocre club.

Our goals have been publicly shared - Europe/top 4/ good cup run(s). Ruthlessness is how this club should hold managers accountable; that way the standards/expectations are set at a high level and this extends down to the players.

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 10:30 AM
What a load of absolute tripe. It's this complacent "nicely nicely" attitude that has (and will continue too) see Hibs be a mediocre club.

Our goals have been publicly shared - Europe/top 4/ good cup run(s). Ruthlessness is how this club should hold managers accountable; that way the standards/expectations are set at a high level and this extends down to the players.

Ruthlessness sounds all well and good, but what happens when managers look in the future at how quick we are to be "ruthless" and decide they want nothing to do with the Hibs job? Whether PH deserves to go or not is a different debate, but we can't just go sacking folk to show ourselves as ruthless as it'll end up backfiring on us. Come take the Hibs job. Don't start the season well? We're ruthless so you'll be out the door in 8 weeks and probably struggle to get another job. Folk would decide it's not worth the hassle, plenty other jobs around where they'll get more time.

Whether PH getting sacked now is ruthless or not is another debate.

rcarter1
15-09-2019, 10:37 AM
What you are saying makes it worse. You are saying we have the players it’s just what the manager is doing with them that is the issue and that we should give him time??

My point is that the manager is clearly learning on the job, and there is still time for him to sort it out. And as another poster has mentioned, sacking managers without giving them time may backfire for future recruitment. The other problem is, is there a guarantee of a new manager doing better?

Steve88
15-09-2019, 10:38 AM
Ruthlessness sounds all well and good, but what happens when managers look in the future at how quick we are to be "ruthless" and decide they want nothing to do with the Hibs job? Whether PH deserves to go or not is a different debate, but we can't just go sacking folk to show ourselves as ruthless as it'll end up backfiring on us. Come take the Hibs job. Don't start the season well? We're ruthless so you'll be out the door in 8 weeks and probably struggle to get another job. Folk would decide it's not worth the hassle, plenty other jobs around where they'll get more time.

I hear what you're saying, very valid point. My view on it is that it would attract managers with the very very highest and strongest personal attributes (soft skills); managers that are tough,resilient,ambitious,highly motivated - managers that thrive in this type of environment...

The Modfather
15-09-2019, 10:40 AM

I get what your saying, but it hasn’t stopped Chelsea attracting the top managers in the Abramovich era. We would explain to prospective managers the bigger picture of why we sacked Heckingbottom that includes last season, performances, recruitment no signs of improvement etc and not just sacking him based on his 5 game start to a season.

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 10:43 AM
I get what your saying, but it hasn’t stopped Chelsea attracting the top managers in the Abramovich era. We would explain to prospective managers the bigger picture of why we sacked Heckingbottom that includes last season, performances, recruitment no signs of improvement etc and not just sacking him based on his 5 game start to a season.

Don’t get me wrong, it would absolutely be the way to go if you could guarantee it wouldn’t be detrimental to the attractiveness of the job. I just think it would lead to folk seeing it as a risky gig where you’re putting it all on the line rather than an attractive one, which I’d say it currently is.

HFC 0-7
15-09-2019, 10:44 AM
My point is that the manager is clearly learning on the job, and there is still time for him to sort it out. And as another poster has mentioned, sacking managers without giving them time may backfire for future recruitment. The other problem is, is there a guarantee of a new manager doing better?

What has he shown or showing that can be built on. He doesnt have an eye for a player it seems, most of his signings don’t make the starting 11.
He doesn’t seem to want to admit when he gets things wrong. there is never a guarantee a manager is any good, all you can do is act with what is in front of you. His pay off will be relatively cheap so shouldn’t affect the finances. What will affect the finances is fans not buying tickets, merchandise etc. We don’t have a sponsor and our commercial side isn’t doing well. Who would want to sponsor hibs or put money into our commercial stream when we are crap on the park and the fans having no confidence in what’s going on??? He needs to go now.

Speedway
15-09-2019, 10:46 AM

I accept that a change in shape could lead to a change in results. However, the team is missing more than the shape can fix. The manager doesn't admit culpability, why should the players?

Is there a guarantee? No there is no guarantee. Is there the ability to resume the post Butcher upward spiral by appointing managers of increasing pedigree? Yes, there is. Our current manager is several steps back into a downward spiral in the pedigree stakes.

rcarter1
15-09-2019, 11:02 AM
I accept that a change in shape could lead to a change in results. However, the team is missing more than the shape can fix. The manager doesn't admit culpability, why should the players?

Is there a guarantee? No there is no guarantee. Is there the ability to resume the post Butcher upward spiral by appointing managers of increasing pedigree? Yes, there is. Our current manager is several steps back into a downward spiral in the pedigree stakes.

I suppose where I stand with this, is that if Hibs choose to stick with the manager for a bit longer, then I'll accept that for now. in that time, I am hoping things can improve with the resources we have available. If we were to turn this around, finish top 6 and god forbid win a trophy with Heckingbottom in charge, then great. If we are still looking like bottom 6 fodder at Xmas, then I do hope the club act decisively to change the manager.

scooby
15-09-2019, 11:20 AM

Yup a derby win would barely conceal the problems we can all see.

scooby
15-09-2019, 11:22 AM
I suppose where I stand with this, is that if Hibs choose to stick with the manager for a bit longer, then I'll accept that for now. in that time, I am hoping things can improve with the resources we have available. If we were to turn this around, finish top 6 and god forbid win a trophy with Heckingbottom in charge, then great. If we are still looking like bottom 6 fodder at Xmas, then I do hope the club act decisively to change the manager.

The guy doesn't have a clue, it's very clear now why Leeds punted him so early

Hermit Crab
15-09-2019, 11:25 AM

Leeds cut their losses as they realised how gash he was. We know how gash he is yet we are persisting with him through one of our worst runs of league results and performances in a long time!

Stuart93
15-09-2019, 11:28 AM
Leeds cut their losses as they realised how gash he was. We know how gash he is yet we are persisting with him through one of our worst runs of league results and performances in a long time!

That’s because our chief exec is too stubborn to admit she made a mistake

Hermit Crab
15-09-2019, 11:29 AM
That’s because our chief exec is too stubborn to admit she made a mistake

The longer she leaves it the more she's setting herself up for a fall.

Crab apple
15-09-2019, 11:48 AM
The longer she leaves it the more she's setting herself up for a fall.

Agreed. Although she may be leaving of her own volition. Rumour in today’s Sunday Times is that she may be Ipox bound to take on a role in part to replace Mark Allen the huns recently departed DofF.

southsider
15-09-2019, 12:03 PM
Why wait in our last 3 away games we have scored one goal and lost 11. The ‘football’ we play is powderpuff stuff and we need a radical change before next week. Up to u Ron to step up to the plate.

The 90+2
15-09-2019, 12:07 PM

Who was the last manager the club sacked like?

Excuse after excuse after excuse.

Borderhibbie76
15-09-2019, 02:20 PM
Im with the OP.

Way too early to be sacking manager, and way too early to say we won't have a decent season. The players we have are individually decent, and I wouldn't be surprised if we went on a bit of a run at some point. And if we beat Hearts 5-0, then I'd be happy to give Hecky until after Christmas at the very least to add a player or too.Omg this is up there with the most delusional post I've ever seen on here. The man is clueless and is gonna take us down again if we dont get rid. He needs sacked NOW not after next or the cup game...NOW

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
15-09-2019, 02:26 PM
Agreed. Although she may be leaving of her own volition. Rumour in today’s Sunday Times is that she may be Ipox bound to take on a role in part to replace Mark Allen the huns recently departed DofF.Her times up here for me...weve been on a downward spiral for a good year now under her and I'd not be in the least bit disappointed now to see her go. Shes made a huge mistake with Hecky on a 3.5 year deal and shows no signs of rectifying it. If she goes we move on...she is not as irreplaceable as many make out on here. Yes shes done a great job but weve stagnated and now we are repressing at an alarming rate under her..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sixtwo
15-09-2019, 02:30 PM
Calm down and accept that we are crap??? Nah! How about we voice our opinions and get the imposter out our club before it is too late!
Have a look at Watford. Few games into the season and the boss has the balls to make a big call.

We could easily get Hecky out and Stubbs in as an interim in a week!

calumhibee1
15-09-2019, 03:42 PM
Who was the last manager the club sacked like?

Excuse after excuse after excuse.

I’m not talking specifics. The poster had said we need to become a club that’s ruthless when it comes to binning managers and players. It seemed like a general point, my point was also a more general reply rather than specific to PH.

If you become known as a club who ruthlessly sacks managers and stops playing players very very quickly then players and managers won’t bother coming here. Why gamble it all on a move to Hibs would be he attitude I suppose.