PDA

View Full Version : If anyone thought today would be go differently?

MrSmith
14-09-2019, 05:14 PM
Sorry to be a moaner bedwetter but ... no chance today was the day we'd turn it around. It's a done deal and all over for Hecky.

Speedway
14-09-2019, 05:17 PM
Yes I thought it would go differently. I thought we’d lose by 3 so definite signs of a turnaround to take away today.

MrSmith
14-09-2019, 05:21 PM
Yes I thought it would go differently. I thought we’d lose by 3 so definite signs of a turnaround to take away today.

I tried to be little more optimistic by going 2-0 Killie, shoulda put a bet on.

Carheenlea
14-09-2019, 05:23 PM
I had fancied us taking something from the game simply on the basis of having a two week break to identify our deficiencies and work on rectifying them, or at least make us more robust and competitive.

Keith_M
14-09-2019, 05:26 PM

It's surely a sign of improvement that we only lost 2-0 today. That's one less than last time.

The 90+2
14-09-2019, 05:28 PM
I had the correct result in the prediction but put a hibs win on at the bookies pure raging.

CraigHibee
14-09-2019, 05:30 PM
Was hoping it wouldnt go the way it did but at the moment we appear hopeless,we will keep levein in a job...

greenpaper55
14-09-2019, 06:28 PM
I thought it would be 3-0 so i suppose it was a bonus it was only 2 ! As i said in an earlier post why should it be any different today ? the common denominator is that the manager does not have a clue i'm sorry to say.

B.H.F.C
14-09-2019, 06:39 PM
Very predictable.

scooby
14-09-2019, 07:00 PM
We were never going to win today, launch the clown now.

Leith Green
14-09-2019, 07:00 PM
As i said yesterday, today was his one chance to show he had learned from our previous matches. That clearly hasn’t happened and he should now go immediately

Hibeewilly
14-09-2019, 07:07 PM
I tried to be little more optimistic by going 2-0 Killie, shoulda put a bet on.
Killie were 5/4 today.....I was sorely tempted but have never bet against my team and never will. I couldn't believe that price......

Hibernia&Alba
14-09-2019, 07:12 PM
I said on here pre-match I just wasn't confident. We have nothing about us just now.

Franck Stanton
14-09-2019, 07:13 PM
Must admit I was of opinion today's the day we turned the corner and really began out season

matty_f
14-09-2019, 07:16 PM
Must admit I was of opinion today's the day we turned the corner and really began out season

Same here. I couldn’t predict tomorrow being Sunday, though! :faf:

emerald green
14-09-2019, 07:25 PM
The result and scoreline today was sadly very predictable. It's difficult to see how the extent of the deterioration on the pitch, and malaise in the stands, can be turned around quickly.

A start can only really be made to rectify matters by sacking the manager and his assistant now, and appointing someone with fresh ideas and an ability to organise and motivate what he's got.

lyonhibs
14-09-2019, 07:36 PM
A lot of folk seemingly happy to prove how "right" they were. Odd habit after a Hibs loss.

Position hasn't changed for me. He'll end up - rightly - going but it won't necessarily save our season to the degree that we all wish.

MrSmith
15-09-2019, 05:19 AM
A lot of folk seemingly happy to prove how "right" they were. Odd habit after a Hibs loss.

Position hasn't changed for me. He'll end up - rightly - going but it won't necessarily save our season to the degree that we all wish.

It’s not about proving oneself right, it’s about recognising a pattern resulting in an unacceptable outcome.

We should all now see it.

green day
15-09-2019, 05:30 AM

I understand why you say that - because we still have the pish that he signed and cant launch them until January, which will cost us a fortune.

However its also clear that this guy has no idea how to set up a team now, the midfield has gaping holes in it and every week the defence changes.

We need someone who can shore it up until January.

Right now I just want to finish out the playoff place - we have no chance of achieving anything positive this season.

Jack Hackett
15-09-2019, 11:31 AM
Not a happy clapper by any stretch but generally upbeat and hopeful of improvement even in the darkest times... Yes, even in the Butcher era.

I was in the air during the match yesterday, and the result WASN'T the first thing I looked for on landing.

Not in a good place atm... well I am :greengrin, but not in football matters

Hermit Crab
15-09-2019, 11:33 AM
It was the same as Motherwell away, as soon as Killy scored you knew that it was game over, for all that we were the better team in the first 30 minutes of the game we created bugger all in the way of clear cut chances.

MrSmith
15-09-2019, 12:54 PM
It was the same as Motherwell away, as soon as Killy scored you knew that it was game over, for all that we were the better team in the first 30 minutes of the game we created bugger all in the way of clear cut chances.

The team has no idea what to do with the ball once it crosses the half way line. Sideways, backwards, sideways, midways, backways, sideways and back to our keeper. Where the flying **** is this high press football?

Hermit Crab
16-09-2019, 01:41 AM
The team has no idea what to do with the ball once it crosses the half way line. Sideways, backwards, sideways, midways, backways, sideways and back to our keeper. Where the flying **** is this high press football?

Every time Stevenson gets the ball it goes backwards, sideways or punted out for a shy, he even ran out of play with ball at one point, at least Naismith was trying to get forward as often as he could. High press? We've not got the players for that, Horgan is a lazy **** and for all that Kamberi will run all day he can't do all the pressing on his own.

Crunchie
16-09-2019, 04:33 AM
Sorry to be a moaner bedwetter but ... no chance today was the day we'd turn it around. It's a done deal and all over for Hecky.
I thought we'd win, and by all accounts we should have been out of sight before they scored. Games can turn in a heartbeat,and we're not getting the rub of the green at the moment. I'm confident Hecky can turn our form around just like he did when he came in. Lennon left us in a right old state positional wise in the league and squad wise, this is more down to him than anyone.

Stuart93
16-09-2019, 07:35 AM
I thought we'd win, and by all accounts we should have been out of sight before they scored. Games can turn in a heartbeat,and we're not getting the rub of the green at the moment. I'm confident Hecky can turn our form around just like he did when he came in. Lennon left us in a right old state positional wise in the league and squad wise, this is more down to him than anyone.

Sorry mate but that’s a load of *****

To say we’re not getting the rub of the green is bull when we’ve been pumped 3-0 and and 2-0 in the past couple weeks

Hecky signed 9/10 players in the summer, had the chance to rectify the team Lennon left and never done it. This is on his head not Lennons

B.H.F.C
16-09-2019, 07:42 AM

Out of sight? We’d had two shots from outside the box in the first half, that was it.

Brightside
16-09-2019, 07:55 AM

We should have been up at HT. yet again we were sucker punched when in command of the game.

One Day Soon
16-09-2019, 08:38 AM

We're already way, way past the point of saving our season to the degree we might wish. Given the squad we now have, the loss of direction in playing style, the weakness of our defence and the lack of any sign of improvement I'd say this is already about trying to reshape for next year while avoiding too damaging a run this season.

If we could get someone in who is capable of having us play attractive, purposeful football on a consistent basis for the rest of the season we would have a chance of holding up season ticket numbers for next year. Much more of the current diet of on-field drivel and that just isn't going to happen.

The problem for PH isn't so much the results as it is everything else, especially what we look like on the park. Weak, drifting, rudderless. It's just not sustainable.

Hibby70
16-09-2019, 09:02 AM
We are only 4 points off 4th place so the season is far from a write-off. I'm not saying I'm convinced that a new leader (or PH) could get more out of this squad.

But if we were to win the derby convincingly who knows how that would affect our mindset.

16-09-2019, 10:31 AM
We are only 4 points off 4th place so the season is far from a write-off. I'm not saying I'm convinced that a new leader (or PH) could get more out of this squad.

But if we were to win the derby convincingly who knows how that would affect our mindset.

That statistic is the one bit of positivity for the club to cling onto at the moment.
Unfortunately I don’t think there is a hope in hell that it will stay that way for very long because it is now obvious to everyone (except it would appear our club’s board) that PH hasn’t a clue with regard to any part of managing a football team. He has failed to recruit players at an appropriate level to compete at the top end of our league. Having acquired them he has failed to form them into a shape and style that allows them to play competitively. The levels of fitness look nowhere near where they need to be, never mind his exaggerated claims of how they would be. He has obviously failed to motivate them because it is obvious from the performances on the pitch that a lot of players are just going through the motions. He has had long enough to sort it out and has demonstrated that he clearly is out of his depth here and should now be shown the door.
The club now need to bring in someone else so they have time to steady this ship over the next 2/3 months, have a clear out in January and recruit one or two individuals who will ensure at least a mid table finish and a half decent cup run, otherwise this season could go tits up and we have only played 5 league games!