PDA

View Full Version : Where's Fraser Murray

J-C
14-09-2019, 04:31 PM
As it says in the title, why is he not being quoted after 2-3 really good performances and being good in Dev games, suddenly vanished while Heckingbottom's pish is sitting on the bench.

Diclonius
14-09-2019, 04:32 PM
Injured I think.

J-C
14-09-2019, 04:33 PM
Injured I think.

Played the other night against Rangers, so not injured.

Baldy Foghorn
14-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Yip played on Wednesday. Not sure why he's not quoted

Speedway
14-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Scott Allan’s deputy and Scott Allan isn’t injured.

BlackSheep
14-09-2019, 04:38 PM
Scott Allan’s deputy and Scott Allan isn’t injured.

Better player than everyone other than Allan in our current midfield, more heart them all combined

cabbageandribs1875
14-09-2019, 04:43 PM
just saw him on my official club calendar when i was through making a cuppa in the kitchen :)

Pretty Boy
14-09-2019, 04:43 PM
There was a bit of positivity about his performance after the Morton game.

The positivity vacuum himself therefore decided it would be best to leave him out the squad for the next 3 games.

BILLYHIBS
14-09-2019, 04:44 PM
just saw him on my official club calendar when i was through making a cuppa in the kitchen :)

You must be on the same page as me 😁

The_Horde
14-09-2019, 04:44 PM
Hecky tried to get him out on loan and he REFUUUSED to go.

Hecky's in the huff with him as such.

BILLYHIBS
14-09-2019, 04:47 PM

Hecky seems to fall out with a lot of our youngsters for someone that supposedly nurtures young talent

rotherhamrob
14-09-2019, 04:48 PM

If that's true then it just says it all.

hibee_girl
14-09-2019, 04:49 PM

I’m surprised at that considering how much Heckingbottom talked him up last season.

14-09-2019, 04:54 PM
His master strategy of playing Mackie all pre season then dropping him and punting him out on loan after a red card, seem like great evidence of his ability to manage youngsters.

BlackSheep
14-09-2019, 04:57 PM
One of our only players showing heart and drive when he plays, if Hecky isn’t playing him for those reasons then it’s another nail in Hecky’s coffin right there.

J-C
14-09-2019, 05:47 PM
Yep, doesn't look good man management here, we are desperate for some heart and spirit, young lads like Murray, Gullan etc show more of that in there brief appearances than so called experienced pros either brought in or at the club. Who would rather come on as a sub today, Newell or Murray/Gullan, pay too much for Doidge or give more game time to Shaw who's proved he can score at this level.

If Murray refused to go on loan, then it says all you need to know about Heckinbottom that he doesn't see what the laddie is able to bring to the team, in his small cameos so far he's looked very good, you nurture that talent and develop it by playing him, not punting him on loan.

frazeHFC
14-09-2019, 05:52 PM
Good pre season and made a positive impact against Morton. Deserves a shot in the team if he's fit.

Bright_Hibee
14-09-2019, 07:57 PM

Doesn't surprise me given what I'd heard about him not playing Porteous because he didn't like the lad!

makaveli1875
14-09-2019, 08:53 PM
Bombed out to accommodate some English lower league huddies. And folk wonder why our national team is *****

hibbie02
14-09-2019, 09:31 PM
Good pre season and made a positive impact against Morton. Deserves a shot in the team if he's fit.

We need players we are developing for the future to play in the team. Fraser is a talent and should be playing ahead of the dross we signed. I’d rather lose with him in the team than some of our midfield. He has the potential to do great things unlike some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Iggy Pope
14-09-2019, 09:47 PM
Doesn't surprise me given what I'd heard about him not playing Porteous because he didn't like the lad!

You mean he wasn’t playing him because his knee wasn’t ****ed?

Bright_Hibee
14-09-2019, 10:18 PM
You mean he wasn’t playing him because his knee wasn’t ****ed?

His knee had fully recovered and had played minutes against Newcastle and also two full games for the development squad. Surely you can't still say his knee is ****ed then?

JohnM1875
14-09-2019, 10:20 PM
His knee had fully recovered and had played minutes against Newcastle and also two full games for the development squad. Surely you can't still say his knee is ****ed then?

Knee isn't ****ed but he's surely not match fit after that amount of game time? Being such a young age and the seriousness of the injury I'm glad Porto wasn't rushed back .

I actually couldn't believe he played on in that game after clearly popping his knee out twice. Madness.

wookie70
14-09-2019, 10:23 PM
The midfield who are being chosen to play are pretty much universally failing week on week. Fraser M has looked really good when he has had the chance. He must be an option for a wide midfiled berth as we have been terrible on the wings both going forward and covering our full backs.

IberianHibernian
14-09-2019, 10:42 PM
If that's true then it just says it all.What does it say ? Manager of a club which has decided not to play in reserve league suggests to a young player that he might benefit from getting experience elsewhere for a while and the player refuses . Who is baddie here ? Manager or player ? If we`were top of the league would people criticise manager for this IF it`s true of course ?

lord bunberry
15-09-2019, 07:34 AM
What does it say ? Manager of a club which has decided not to play in reserve league suggests to a young player that he might benefit from getting experience elsewhere for a while and the player refuses . Who is baddie here ? Manager or player ? If we`were top of the league would people criticise manager for this IF it`s true of course ?
If we were top of the league the managers opinion would be trusted, but we’re near the bottom of the league and struggling. His judgment so far this season leaves a lot to be desired.

eastcoasthibby
15-09-2019, 07:50 AM
Not one of Hecky's incomers and not doing what Hecky wanted in farming him out, wants to stay and fight for a place, which I can't blame him for, cos he must look at a few of the guys he is training with and that sit on the bench every week and contribute very little, believe that he is better than them! Another indication of Hecky and his stubborness to do it his way regardless of it working or not...

rotherhamrob
15-09-2019, 09:27 AM
What does it say ? Manager of a club which has decided not to play in reserve league suggests to a young player that he might benefit from getting experience elsewhere for a while and the player refuses . Who is baddie here ? Manager or player ? If we`were top of the league would people criticise manager for this IF it`s true of course ?

The post I replied to inferred that the manager was in the huff with fraser for not going out on loan and that's why he hasn't even made the bench, if that is true then to me that says it all about the manager, stubborn, clueless and certainly not promoting youth.
Imo fraser Murray has more about him than Vela, Mallan, newell and Horgan so I can't blame him for wanting to stay and fight for his place.
If we were top then of course no one would be questioning the manager, as things stand we're closer to the top of the championship, a league we could well return to if this clown stays in charge.
Tbh a midfield of Murray, Stirling, Campbell and gullan would show more fight and determination than what's on show just now and 3 of them have been loaned out

jacomo
15-09-2019, 10:47 AM
If we were top of the league the managers opinion would be trusted, but we’re near the bottom of the league and struggling. His judgment so far this season leaves a lot to be desired.

:agree:

I like what I’ve seen of F Murray.

I don’t like what I’ve seen of PH’s team this season at all.

Only a fool or a troll is happy that our manager is toiling, but frankly little is going right at the moment.

Iggy Pope
15-09-2019, 11:22 AM

He didn’t look right against Newcastle, he didn’t look right against Elgin for the Colts. His knee was ****ed when Hecky wasn’t playing him and now he’s recovered but still getting fitter it looks like he’s playing him again. No?
I’m not defending the performance of our Manager but I can’t see what he could have done differently with Ryan Porteous. Even though you’ve “heard he doesn’t like him”. Which is the sort of crap that infests this forum at times like this.

Unseen work
15-09-2019, 03:13 PM
If Murray refused to go out on loan, it’s probably because he has a hunch he will be here longer than the manager