PDA

View Full Version : Hallberg, Naismith and Porteous

Spike Mandela
14-09-2019, 04:24 PM
From those that were there, any positives from this trio today?

Baldy Foghorn
14-09-2019, 04:35 PM
From those that were there, any positives from this trio today?

Porteous rock solid. Other two didn't do much wrong. Was quite positive at half time, but when we lose a goal we don't work hard enough to get back into it

BlackSheep
14-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Thought they all did well. Great to have Porteous back. Hallberg has a good first game as did Naismith, think both will be good additions.

Diclonius
14-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Porteous rock solid. Other two didn't do much wrong. Was quite positive at half time, but when we lose a goal we don't work hard enough to get back into it

I keep hearing Porteous cost us a goal? Either way, good to hear they're performing.

Baldy Foghorn
14-09-2019, 04:39 PM
I keep hearing Porteous cost us a goal? Either way, good to hear they're performing.

Ball over top affected by wind. Wouldn't lay blame at his door tonight

Diclonius
14-09-2019, 04:40 PM
Ball over top affected by wind. Wouldn't pay blame at his door tonight

Ah OK, fair enough.

3pm
14-09-2019, 04:43 PM
Ball over top affected by wind. Wouldn't pay blame at his door tonight

Naismith too far up the park well.

O’Donnell walked out and subsequently passed the ball under no pressure. I could have hit that pass if I had all that time.

BlackSheep
14-09-2019, 05:12 PM

O’Donnell walked out and subsequently passed the ball under no pressure. I could have hit that pass if I had all that time.

Yes, a bit of a lapse in concentration on a few parts but it was a fantastic ball matched by the run of Miller. Good finish too.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 05:15 PM
Not one player got a pass mark today.

Keith_M
14-09-2019, 05:47 PM
We were very weak at the right side of our defence in the 2nd half. They seemed to be attacking at will from that side and getting the ball into the box too often.

Brightside
14-09-2019, 05:59 PM
Not one player got a pass mark today.

😂😂

B.H.F.C
14-09-2019, 06:16 PM
Ball over top affected by wind. Wouldn't lay blame at his door tonight

Glad to have Ryan back but thought he was culpable for the goal. Hesitated. Wind or not, it was an 80 yard punt.

B.H.F.C
14-09-2019, 06:16 PM
😂😂

Who got pass marks?

PH91
14-09-2019, 06:28 PM
Who got pass marks?

Stevenson imo. Hard to make a case for anyone else over the full piece.

Good to see Porteous back but he cost us that first goal and probably the game after being the better team to that point.

Hopefully a good thing in the end as its another step closer to PH leaving.

Tarrahib
14-09-2019, 06:41 PM
Who got pass marks?
Naismith Stevenson and Hallberg.Porteous was on the ground a lot was it wrong boots or just too slippy for him.

Cabbie1875
14-09-2019, 06:42 PM
All played well imo

SChibs
14-09-2019, 06:45 PM

I see you missed out the fact it was a 70 yard diaginal pass on to the toe of the winger? I'd give you £1000 if you could replicate that pass.

The 90+2
14-09-2019, 06:47 PM
All played well imo

For 30 mins maybe.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 09:48 PM
For 30 mins maybe.

:agree:. All posted missing in the second half.

SMAXXA
14-09-2019, 09:51 PM
Glad to have Ryan back but thought he was culpable for the goal. Hesitated. Wind or not, it was an 80 yard punt.

Agree with this he’s got to defend better it was a poor goal to lose and am no convinced Marciano has to come out as far as he did as the boy still had a bit of work to do

The_Horde
14-09-2019, 09:53 PM
Agree with this he’s got to defend better it was a poor goal to lose and am no convinced Marciano has to come out as far as he did as the boy still had a bit of work to do

Agreed. Porto made an error but the goalie sold the goal by getting himself stuck in no man's land.

Frogga
14-09-2019, 11:10 PM
I thought all 3 were 6.5/10. Hallberg looks like he could have that bite we've been lacking although I'm not sure him and Vela can both play as they seem very similar players.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

3pm
14-09-2019, 11:23 PM
I see you missed out the fact it was a 70 yard diaginal pass on to the toe of the winger? I'd give you £1000 if you could replicate that pass.

I’ll see you down the park tomorrow.

FilipinoHibs
15-09-2019, 03:02 AM
Yes, a bit of a lapse in concentration on a few parts but it was a fantastic ball matched by the run of Miller. Good finish too.
The ball held up perfectly because of wind/pitch. Hit with underpin to help that. Lillie know how to play the pitch as they play and train on it every week.

number9dream
15-09-2019, 11:21 AM
Throwing in three players who are not really match fit speaks volumes about the predicament we are in but the game time should do them good for the weeks to come.
I know the other two but would like to hear a bit more detail about Hallberg. Did he play central? Was he our deepest midfielder or was Mallan given that gig again?

Hermit Crab
15-09-2019, 11:23 AM
The ball held up perfectly because of wind/pitch. Hit with underpin to help that. Lillie know how to play the pitch as they play and train on it every week.

What about our 4G pitch at EM? We should have been training on it all week.

B.H.F.C
15-09-2019, 11:29 AM

Excuses. The ball travelled about the full length of the pitch. Dire defending.

Jdawg
15-09-2019, 11:31 AM
I thought all 3 were 6.5/10. Hallberg looks like he could have that bite we've been lacking although I'm not sure him and Vela can both play as they seem very similar players.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Simple answer, drop Vela. He is absolutely honking.

Scorrie
15-09-2019, 11:35 AM

Add him to the other duff signings that were on the bench yesterday

B.H.F.C
15-09-2019, 11:36 AM

I can’t work out what he’s meant to do.

He doesn’t tackle and protect the back four. He doesn’t move the ball. He doesn’t drive us on.

Really, he just doesn’t do anything.

we are hibs
15-09-2019, 11:50 AM
What about our 4G pitch at EM? We should have been training on it all week.

Stubbs used to have us training on a similar surface to the one we would be playing on the saturday. He had us training at castlebrae astro before an away game to queen of the south. I dont know if certain pitches are 3G and others 4G or what but i know he used to do that before every game on an artificial surface in the championship.

Mikey_1875
15-09-2019, 11:56 AM
Think the two new signings looked decent first half especially Naismith who was keen to get forward. Thought it was obvious both were blowing in the 2nd half and certainly Naismith was being exploited as the game went on.

As mentioned before Porteous seemed to have issue with slipping early doors but was good to see him back with a bit of steel into the defence.

Speedway
15-09-2019, 12:15 PM
I can’t work out what he’s meant to do.

He doesn’t tackle and protect the back four. He doesn’t move the ball. He doesn’t drive us on.

Really, he just doesn’t do anything.

What did you make of his invisible and unseen work?

Unseen work
15-09-2019, 03:55 PM
Naismith - Keen to get forward and got in some good positions but wasn’t always found. Think once he’s upto speed will be a good addition.

Hallberg - Like the look of him, gets about the pitch well and is very comfortable on the ball. Was sat deepest of the midfield with Vela to his left and Mallan on his right in a narrow 3 with Horgan and Allan slightly more advanced.

Porteous - Brilliant to have him back, he won absolutely everything and dominated their forward players. At times it was like he was our only defender. Sometimes you can tell he gets frustrated and tries to do it himself which almost lead to a goal.