PDA

View Full Version : Get Hecky to ****

Pages : [1] 2 3

SteveHFC
14-09-2019, 03:36 PM
That is all.

Steven79
14-09-2019, 03:43 PM
That is all. He needs chucked as things aren't going to improve under him.

HibbySpurs
14-09-2019, 03:45 PM
Think he should be bulleted now so even with a caretaker in charge next week the team will get renewed and full backing from the support.

As it stands there will be a large number while not wanting to lose to them will be of the opinion that getting beat is not the worst thing ever if it means the manager gets sacked.

So, part ways now and get the support back for what is already a massive game so early in the season.

Heisenberg
14-09-2019, 03:49 PM
We shouldn’t wait. No point in doing so.

Diclonius
14-09-2019, 03:49 PM
I hope we're looking forward to keeping Levein his job next week. At least his team can score goals.

gazzag70
14-09-2019, 03:50 PM
This clown is now in Terry Butcher country, we have to launch him NOW before it is too late. This is right up there with the worst football I have ever seen Hibs play and I am in my fifties so have seen some bad Teams.

J-C
14-09-2019, 03:51 PM
I don't want to hear whatever pish he's going to come out with, he's just not a good manager, that simple.

AgentDaleCooper
14-09-2019, 03:51 PM
100%

If he somehow survives until next week and come away with another loss, i'd happily protest after the game.

Ozyhibby
14-09-2019, 03:52 PM
He should have been launched weeks ago. It’s the board that needs launched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
14-09-2019, 03:55 PM
Has to go. He had to go 2 weeks ago really but we fannied about. Now he really has to go.

Sir David Gray
14-09-2019, 03:56 PM
He should be sacked tonight. Failure to do so is a failure on behalf of the board.

My_Wife_Camille
Get him to ****

Vault Boy
Yep, get him out now so that we have plenty of time to recover what we can of our season. This squad is a lot stronger than the one that went down under Butcher IMO, but right now, that's our trajectory.

BigKev
14-09-2019, 03:59 PM
I hoped he’d come good and gave him backing during the close season but enough is enough. Time for Ron Gordon to show himself and show the fans he means business by sacking PH immediately.

Leeann must shoulder some blame over Hecky’s appointment but has to admit a mistake on this occasion and look to appoint someone with knowledge of the Scottish game.

Hibernia&Alba
14-09-2019, 04:00 PM
I don't think he'll be gone just yet, but it feels like we are now reaching crunch time. If he loses the derby to an abysmal Hearts team and loses the League Cup game, surely that will be it for him.

Callum_62
14-09-2019, 04:00 PM
Im more in the give managers time camp - but he has totally lost the majority of the fans

Almost impossible to come back from that and we are just wasting time otherwise

Thought we were better today but hardly a great watch

No idea who to get in, someone who atleast tries to play attacking football

Speedway
14-09-2019, 04:02 PM
I don't think he'll be gone just yet, but it feels like we are now reaching crunch time. If he loses the derby to an abysmal Hearts team and loses the League Cup game, surely that will be it for him.

Why wait that long?

Ozyhibby
14-09-2019, 04:03 PM
He’s not going to recover the situation now so why wait. Everyday that we delay getting rid of him now is damaging the club. Why wait till we lose the Derby?

California-Hibs
14-09-2019, 04:04 PM
Yep I'm done, hes done, theres no coming back now, please take action Hibs!!

The 90+2
14-09-2019, 04:05 PM
**** going into the derby with his mentality.

Sir David Gray
14-09-2019, 04:05 PM

There's no danger we should be waiting until the League Cup game.

The Modfather
14-09-2019, 04:06 PM
Time for some leadership from above. Either way we’re looking at another season written off and another transitional season next season as we need to ship out the majority of the squad IMO.

Build round Marciano, Porteous, Allan & Kamberi and the rest I’d not lose any sleep over if they were to leave.

Scorrie
14-09-2019, 04:07 PM
He’s got to go and whoever appointed him needs a serious word with themselves.

Keith_M
14-09-2019, 04:08 PM

I think he'll stay for at least those two games

Col2
14-09-2019, 04:09 PM
He won’t be going anywhere.

Leanne won’t sack the guy she appointed especially after the Lennon fiasco. She also doesn’t have the control she has before.

We need Ron to show some balls and make the change.

I still can’t see it happening until at least October international break.

BlackSheep
14-09-2019, 04:10 PM

If we wait til then it’ll be worse, win both games and he’ll get a reprieve, lose both and not only do hearts go above us but we lose a great chance for a trip to Hampden to reinvigorate the fans!

Ozyhibby
14-09-2019, 04:10 PM
If he stays and we lose the derby then it’s the Dempster who can gtf.

Pretty Boy
14-09-2019, 04:11 PM
Has he spoke to the media yet?

Not In The Know
14-09-2019, 04:13 PM
Im more in the give managers time camp - but he has totally lost the majority of the fans

Im the same but when you think about it he’s had time. Dismantling the old squad and build a *****r one. That’s clearly not good enough

neil7908
If the manager doesn't have the integrity to resign himself then Dempster needs to step in tonight. Its very clear we aren't going to improve with him in charge.

Has totally lost the fans and a defeat next week could see some very ugly scenes at Easter Road if he's still in charge.

Speedway

Not reported yet but something like:

‘If we don’t win us battles and win us second balls, we’re going to take a few beatings this season’

Loser talk.

Not In The Know
14-09-2019, 04:15 PM
If we wait til then it’ll be worse, win both games and he’ll get a reprieve, lose both and not only do hearts go above us but we lose a great chance for a trip to Hampden to reinvigorate the fans!

Not getting beaten by hearts when Jim Duffy was in charge kept him in the job longer. Ultimately leading to relegation.

As as they say the situation is now untenable.

Sir David Gray
14-09-2019, 04:15 PM
He won’t be going anywhere.

Leanne won’t sack the guy she appointed especially after the Lennon fiasco. She also doesn’t have the control she has before.

We need Ron to show some balls and make the change.

I still can’t see it happening until at least October international break.

We could be nearly 10 points adrift at the bottom of the table by then.

We can't afford to wait that long.

Ozyhibby
14-09-2019, 04:17 PM
Because of the clown, we can’t even enjoy moments like this.
https://twitter.com/callums_clark/status/1172904344762630144?s=21

He needs to be sacked tonight.

Hibernia&Alba
14-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Why wait that long?

There's no danger we should be waiting until the League Cup game.

You might all be right, but I don't think the board will pull the plug just yet. They also have questions to answer for appointing him.

J-C
14-09-2019, 04:20 PM

Just now, said in control and 2 mistakes, basically what he's said in every interview after every loss, I see no passion or anger from him, I want to hear him say it was a ****ing disgrace and heads will roll or words like that. He looks like a man that knows he's lost it.

Jim44
14-09-2019, 04:24 PM
PH is a loser. Talks like a loser, walks like a loser and it’s rubbing off on the players. He has to be away after the derby which we have little chance of winning, as I think Hearts, useless as they are, have more fighting spirit and guts than us.

neil7908
14-09-2019, 04:26 PM
Surely we need to ask questions about the recruitment team as well. Who identified these players? It won't just have been the manager. Maybe they'll perform better with someone half way competent in charge but all the blame can't just be laid at Hecks door.

We've got guys like Doidge and Newell who are clearly not good enough and that was obvious after 2 or 3 games. What work went into signing them? Who approved £350k for Doidge?

Ozyhibby
14-09-2019, 04:26 PM
PH is a loser. Talks like a loser, walks like a loser and it’s rubbing off on the players. He has to be away after the derby which we have little chance of winning, as I think Hearts, useless as they are, have more fighting spirit and guts than us.

Why wait until after the derby?

Chuck Rhoades
14-09-2019, 04:27 PM
He’s an arrogant *******.

The 90+2
14-09-2019, 04:28 PM
Just now, said in control and 2 mistakes, basically what he's said in every interview after every loss, I see no passion or anger from him, I want to hear him say it was a ****ing disgrace and heads will roll or words like that. He looks like a man that knows he's lost it.

He’s got a ****ing smug look on his coupon also.

neil7908

I hate to say this but we have no chance in the derby. Hearts are at least scoring some goals and Levein might get a bit of fight into them.

Our midfield have no bottle and will get absolutely run over.

The 90+2

Yep.

matty_f
14-09-2019, 04:29 PM
That is all.

Agreed. He’s had long enough.

FifeHibs
14-09-2019, 04:30 PM

Do you have a link to it

Ozyhibby
14-09-2019, 04:31 PM
If Hearts sack Levien and get a enough of a bounce to win the Derby while we dither with dealing with this complete failure of a man in charge then our season is over.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Yet some wanted to give him until Xmas. Unbelievable. GTF clueless clown.

J-C
14-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Do you have a link to it

No mate, was watching BBC Sportcene results programme, it was just a quick couple question post match interview.

Craig_in_Prague
14-09-2019, 04:35 PM

One of Hibs very few managers I just don't listen too, and that's going back a huge number of years.
I also can't stomach Hibs on TV anymore (also a 1st for a long long time), but that's a different issue.
We are garbage and New owner needs to step in now.

Diclonius
14-09-2019, 04:36 PM
Yet some wanted to give him until Xmas. Unbelievable. GTF clueless clown.

I did until we conceded five goals and scored none against teams we should be at least competing with.

14-09-2019, 04:46 PM
Get anyone confirm how he voted in the brexit referendum? I have my suspicions

Speedway
14-09-2019, 04:48 PM
Hibs head coach Paul Heckingbottom tells BBC Radio Scotland: "The disappointing thing is we controlled the game but got beat 2-0 from two shots on target.

"That’s not to say we deserved to win the game, you get what you deserve.

"They are a good defensive side, but the goals we conceded were terrible on our part. We’re going to have to work like mad on the training ground.

"We pass the ball because it’s our style, but we don’t do it at the expense of results. So we may have to pick a more hardened team who make fewer errors."

3pm
14-09-2019, 04:48 PM
Get anyone confirm how he voted in the brexit referendum? I have my suspicions

Slow, indecisive and no strategy. Clearly a leaver.

14-09-2019, 04:49 PM
Hibs head coach Paul Heckingbottom tells BBC Radio Scotland: "The disappointing thing is we controlled the game but got beat 2-0 from two shots on target.

"They are a good defensive side, but the goals we conceded were terrible on our part. We’re going to have to work like mad on the training ground.

"We pass the ball because it’s our style, but we don’t do it at the expense of results. So we may have to pick a more hardened team who make fewer errors."

Cathroesque

3pm
14-09-2019, 04:49 PM

Have you made that up?

Stuart93
14-09-2019, 04:50 PM

Same pish after every defeat.

BroxburnHibee

Blah, blah ******* blah.

I've had enough of his crap. He needs booted tonight!

Speedway
Have you made that up?

Nope. Check for yourself on the BBC site.

California-Hibs
14-09-2019, 04:55 PM

I watched the whole game and we did NOT control that football match. He's lost the plot, absolutely can't stand the guy and his personality

cabbageandribs1875
14-09-2019, 04:56 PM

surely a basic part of training for most football teams

Hibernia&Alba
14-09-2019, 04:58 PM

Whit? :dunno:

Fife-Hibee

In truth, it wouldn't have mattered what he said today. But bloody nora, that's trademark cathroism right there. :doh:

Oscar T Grouch
He has to go now. This is not going to change, we will keep losing until he goes. As soon as we went behind today you knew it was a loss coming.

Eaststand
14-09-2019, 05:01 PM
Blah, blah ******* blah.

I've had enough of his crap. He needs booted tonight!

Yep, I've never felt this flat about our team in years and it's the same ****ty feeling that most of us now have about Hibs at the moment.

The sooner Hecky leaves our club the better.

GGTTH

jeffers
14-09-2019, 05:02 PM

I wish I knew who these players were who will make us a more hardened team. You'd have thought if we had such a player he'd have been in the side today given the result in our previous game.

Fife-Hibee
14-09-2019, 05:04 PM
I wish I knew who these players were who will make us a more hardened team. You'd have thought if we had such a player he'd have been in the side today given the result in our previous game.

Just talk for the sake of talk. If we had 'harder' players, we'd have started with them at the very beginning of the season. You don't pick powderpuff over robustness in this league.

jeffers
14-09-2019, 05:06 PM
Just talk for the sake of talk. If we had 'harder' players, we'd have started with them at the very beginning of the season. You don't pick powderpuff over robustness in this league.

Agreed, yet more pish from a guy who is clearly struggling.

hibeerealist
14-09-2019, 05:16 PM

Probably all but you as you seem to still have lingering doubts, he should have been gone weeks ago his selections, formations, signings have been dire to say the least.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 05:17 PM
Where is our next win coming from?

Hearts at home - loss
Kilmarnock away - loss
Celtic at home - loss
Aberdeen away - loss

That’s not negativity, that’s a realistic outlook at the moment with this rasper in charge!!

My_Wife_Camille
14-09-2019, 05:19 PM
Where is our next win coming from?

Hearts at home - loss
Kilmarnock away - loss
Celtic at home - loss
Aberdeen away - loss

That’s not negativity, that’s a realistic outlook at the moment with this rasper in charge!!
I’m not confident about us beating anyone but Hearts are the only team in the league who are on a worse run of form than us so if you were to pick one it would be that.

I don’t see why a team who have picked up 11 points from a possible 54 would be a definite loss.

The_Horde
14-09-2019, 05:23 PM
Guys we all need to calm down and have a bit of perspective.

It's only 5 games into the season now and it's still a new team.

We got beat by a good Motherwell side, a superb Rangers side and a great Killie team.

All is still good. I'm sick of the negativity here, it's getting me down.

BILLYHIBS
14-09-2019, 05:23 PM
Where is his post match interview nothing on HIBS TV yet and it is now 1822 ?

Cannae wait to see who gets the blame this time 😁

Captain Trips
14-09-2019, 05:24 PM
We should now be well on the up no excuses however we seem to be back to results and performances of a club with no budget scrapping about for free transfers.

I am not going to slate the new players as the ones already here have been equally pish. All of this therefore points to one thing and that's the manager.

Task now is find somebody to get this squad pushing for Euro spot as he isn't going to manage it. Some people at the club better start earning their wage as PH could be costly.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 05:24 PM
I’m not confident about us beating anyone but Hearts are the only team in the league who are on a worse run of form than us so if you were to pick one it would be that.

I don’t see why a team who have picked up 11 points from a possible 54 would be a definite loss.

Because history shows they have an uncanny ability to raise their game and beat us no matter how bad they are.

Captain Trips
14-09-2019, 05:25 PM

We got beat by a good Motherwell side, a superb Rangers side and a great Killie team.

Why are we not a good,superb or great team by now? We should be.

The_Horde
14-09-2019, 05:25 PM
Because history shows they have an uncanny ability to raise their game and beat us no matter how bad they are.

That's not happened for about 6 years now. How far back you wanting to go?

Carheenlea
14-09-2019, 05:27 PM

Motherwell are a good side, granted, but Rangers are not superb and Killie aren't great. Its not having a lack of perspective to feel we should be able to compete and take points from Well and Killie and not get tanked with 6 goals against Rangers.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 05:27 PM

How about 22 in a row?

HFC 0-7
14-09-2019, 05:29 PM

Great Killie team??? They had the same amazing but of points as us before the game today, there is nothing great about them.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 05:29 PM

The same Kilmarnock team that lost to a part time Welsh outfit in the Europa league?

The 90+2
14-09-2019, 05:31 PM

Last season when they scored a wonder goal?
Last season when a team of ***** and their kids drew 1-1?

BlackSheep
You might all be right, but I don't think the board will pull the plug just yet. They also have questions to answer for appointing him.

They’ll gain more respect from the fans by doing it sooner rather than later. Nobody’s perfect and mistakes are made, but don’t let it continue.

My_Wife_Camille
If that was the case they would have 16 points from their last 54 and not 11

And recent history shows they’ve beaten us 3 times in their last 16 attempts.

The 90+2
14-09-2019, 05:32 PM

😂😂😂 would you believe it.

The_Horde
14-09-2019, 05:32 PM
The same Kilmarnock team that lost to a part time Welsh outfit in the Europa league?

Maybe it's my lack of emojis due to using the lite version, but if you've read any of my posts in the last wee while you'd know you're having a huge whoosh.

18Craig75
14-09-2019, 05:34 PM
Last season when they scored a wonder goal?
Last season when a team of ***** and their kids drew 1-1?

The season before when we were going for second and they beat us 2-1.

BlackSheep
14-09-2019, 05:36 PM

🎣🎣🎣

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 05:36 PM
Maybe it's my lack of emojis due to using the lite version, but if you've read any of my posts in the last wee while you'd know you're having a huge whoosh.

I say we give him until Xmas. [emoji1305]

Captain Trips
14-09-2019, 05:37 PM
I do not want any Jim Duffy scenario next week. I think his 2-2 draw saved him that season and we went down. Irrespective of next weeks score he should be removed.

MSK
14-09-2019, 05:37 PM
How about 22 in a row?Wasnt 22 wins though

J-C
14-09-2019, 05:38 PM
I said about 3 weeks ago on here that he is our very own Cathro, usual tech speak, all laptops stats but no substance.

The_Horde
14-09-2019, 05:40 PM
I said about 3 weeks ago on here that he is our very own Cathro, usual tech speak, all laptops stats but no substance.

I'd take Cathro instead.

hibeerealist
14-09-2019, 05:41 PM
The

Thought I had heard it all from the Happy Clapper society but you take some beating! That is the type of post one of our neighbours across the city would slip onto the forum, you sound like a yam even although you have a few thousand posts.

Deary me.

Just read back your previous posts I Have Been Whooshed!!! Sorry

cabbageandribs1875
14-09-2019, 05:43 PM
The

Thought I had heard it all from the Happy Clapper society but you take some beating! That is the type of post one of our neighbours across the city would slip onto the forum, you sound like a yam even although you have a few thousand posts.

Deary me.

i'm not sure, but......

calumhibee1
14-09-2019, 05:45 PM

Pretty good work that to be fair, I can’t believe you caught so many :greengrin

Stuart93
14-09-2019, 05:47 PM
Hasn’t he been sacked yet

The_Horde
14-09-2019, 05:47 PM
Pretty good work that to be fair, I can’t believe you caught so many :greengrin

My only intention was to dig at a couple of posters who've been giving me it tight for wanting Hecky out. I didn't intend to catch innocents along the way, but it's cheered me up a bit.

madhatter
14-09-2019, 05:48 PM
Is he gone yet?

calumhibee1
14-09-2019, 05:49 PM
My only intention was to dig at a couple of posters who've been giving me it tight for wanting Hecky out. I didn't intend to catch innocents along the way, but it's cheered me up a bit.

I think you’ve only managed to catch “innocents” :greengrin

we are hibs
14-09-2019, 05:50 PM
The man is a clown. Get him out now. Imagine actually considering letting him take charge of the derby. Would be incompetence in the extreme from the board

Manxhibs
14-09-2019, 05:50 PM
Watched the game online today and although we passed the ball around, at no point did we look threatening. Players are lacking in both ability and confidence and hecky is not the man to turn it around.

He needs to go now, no idea who can reverse the slide. Worried by how quiet Ron has been since he’s taken over too. How the hell have we got into this position!

The_Horde
14-09-2019, 05:51 PM
I think you’ve only managed to catch “innocents” :greengrin

Funnily enough for the second game running the posters I'm speaking of are absent from the forum.

matty_f
14-09-2019, 05:52 PM

Siri give me an example of trolling.

Fife-Hibee

Next week it'll be a loss to a 'determined' Hearts side.
Followed by that 'great killie team' again.
Then the 'league champions'.
Followed by the 'they won the european cup once in the 80s' Aberdeen.
Then 'they were just too hard to break down' Hamilton.
Then 'they're just another northern boggy team for us' Ross County.
Then 'they've played some good football since promotion tbf' Livingston.
Then 'we scraped a last dash winner against them at home' St Mirren.
Then 'we never beat them at McDiarmid Park' St Johnstone.

But as long as we're better than the rest, we'll be ok....

tonyrougier123
Glad to see everyone on the same page finally.
Enough is enough!
It's not great and we look far too weak a side under this man.
Failure to sign omeonga for whatever reason has seen his tactics fully exploited in midfield imo.

Greenwich_Hibby
We need to clear him - complete imposter. When a manager targets players and fans, whilst arrogantly ignoring his own failings, he needs to go.
Someone like Danny Lennon, who understands the club, the Scottish game, who won a trophy and with a track record of improvement would be a good interim shout.
Just get this Flange tae ****.

Borderhibbie76
14-09-2019, 05:53 PM
He’s got to go and whoever appointed him needs a serious word with themselves.That would be Dempster and if she doesnt act soon to rectify this mistake of appointing him in 1st place.. she can follow him out the door

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
14-09-2019, 05:54 PM
We need to clear him - complete imposter. When a manager targets players and fans, whilst arrogantly ignoring his own failings, he needs to go.
Someone like Danny Lennon, who understands the club, the Scottish game, who won a trophy and with a track record of improvement would be a good interim shout.
Just get this Flange tae ****.

Please not Danny Lennon.

stoneyburn hibs
14-09-2019, 05:54 PM
It was clear today that we have the playing staff to do it. We had a decent first 30 minute spell, just no cutting edge.

The squad need properly managed, he's not up to it.

craigmcfarlane
14-09-2019, 05:55 PM
I don't post here very often, but heckingbottom has to be sacked by Monday. He's practically bought a new squad but doesn't play his signings. I've never known any other manager doing that in my life. We also look massively unfit as a as a squad, which makes me believe that heckys trading method are not up to scratch. Long and short of it, he needs to go.

stoneyburn hibs
I'll add that Robinson would be a perfect fit for us.

ColintonHibs
We’d do better with Neville Longbottom than this ****

calumhibee1
14-09-2019, 05:56 PM
It was clear today that we have the playing staff to do it. We had a decent first 30 minute spell, just no cutting edge.

That’s where I’m at. I’m not saying we have an outstanding squad but there’s definitely plenty decent players in it. We need much more out of them though.

There’s around 6 or 7 who I reckon would walk into the vast majority of teams in this league when playing how they can do - Rocky, Stevenson, Hanlon, Allan, Flo, Porto, even Mallan when the goals and assists are flowing.

emerald green
14-09-2019, 05:57 PM
Enough is enough. The writing has been on the wall for a while now. The Board must act now, relieve the manager of his duties, and get someone in who can sort the team out on the park. Someone with good in depth knowledge of the game here in Scotland preferably.

Then the Board should take a long hard look at the quality of the recent signings, and ensure that when we sign players in future it's not guys who have been playing in the lower leagues in England.

BegbieHSC
He won’t be going as soon as we hope. We don’t make the right decision until it’s too late - see Butcher!

Heisenberg
I'll add that Robinson would be a perfect fit for us.

Only if he can bring the Motherwell scouting department with him.

California-Hibs
14-09-2019, 05:58 PM
We’d do better with Neville Longbottom than this ****

Made me laugh 👍

ColintonHibs
14-09-2019, 05:59 PM
He won’t be going as soon as we hope. We don’t make the right decision until it’s too late - see Butcher!

Glad we got that h*n b******* TF

we are hibs
You have to wonder how bad its going to have to get for him to be removed from the club. Dempster is stubborn. Will she admit shes wrong or will the decision be taken out her hands by the elusive new owner?

GreenCastle
Don’t wait till we LOSE the Derby - sort it now.

Today was a must win or even at worst not lose.

He’s had 2 weeks to work with players and sort us out and we get beat 2-0.

Not good enough and has had enough chances.

tonyrougier123

We need a glue to bind the team together still.
But if heckingbottom is the gaffer much longer that glue might serve other purposes.

stoneyburn hibs
14-09-2019, 06:00 PM
That’s where I’m at. I’m not saying we have an outstanding squad but there’s definitely plenty decent players in it. We need much more out of them though.

There’s around 6 or 7 who I reckon would walk into the vast majority of teams in this league when playing how they can do - Rocky, Stevenson, Hanlon, Allan, Flo, Porto, even Mallan when the goals and assists are flowing.

Correct mate, maybe green tinted specs but the squad we have is completely underperforming.

Greenwich_Hibby
14-09-2019, 06:01 PM
Please not Danny Lennon.

Just out of interest - why?

We are not going to splash cash whether we have it or not- what would be your affordable criteria?

hibsbollah
14-09-2019, 06:01 PM
That was worth it to hear a new one on me 'The Happy Clapper Society' :faf: :faf:

jacomo
14-09-2019, 06:02 PM
He should have been launched weeks ago. It’s the board that needs launched.

New owner. The board may well see significant change but we will see.

PH should get tae Falkirk.

Partyraiser
14-09-2019, 06:03 PM
Will he ever learn that he can't play Mallan and Allan in the same midfield?

That team today had zero shape or game plan as far as I could make out. Watching us is torture right now, the amount of pointless sideways passes is infuriating and a tell tale sign of a lack of game plan. Unfortunately Hecky's so far out his depth it's unreal. We need to get rid now and pray for a "new manager" bounce against the puddle drinkers

Heckys aways struck me as a decent enough guy, even if he's a rubbish manager. He should do the decent thing and resign

calumhibee1
14-09-2019, 06:03 PM
Just out of interest - why?

We are not going to splash cash whether we have it or not- what would be your affordable criteria?

He’s the manager of a team in the middle of League One. He’s nowhere near the standard we should be looking at.

jacomo
14-09-2019, 06:04 PM

True, but there’s no balance to it at all.

This means the good players are under performing.

JohnMcM
guys we all need to calm down and have a bit of perspective.

We got beat by a good motherwell side, a superb rangers side and a great killie team.

what!!!!!!!! Are you in a padded cell?

Onion
So much optimism and positivity when Ron took over. Now look at us.

How has LD and Ron allowed it to go so tits up in such a short space of time ?

BegbieHSC
14-09-2019, 06:05 PM
The feel good times under Stubbsy and Lennon are well and truly gone.

I feel as despondent with the club as I did under Butcher. We’ve let the moment to turn our club around from the perennial underachievers we’ve been slip.

hibeerealist
14-09-2019, 06:06 PM

Hanlon???

I dont think there would be any team in the SPL chasing PH there are plenty Centre backs playing better than him and he certainly would not “walk” into any team. Sad really but he has cost us quite a few goals already and he is not improving. If your reading these forums Paul, sorry but you must know yourself that it is not good enough!!!!

stoneyburn hibs
We need a glue to bind the team together still.
But if heckingbottom is the gaffer much longer that glue might serve other purposes.

Too true 😁 on today's performance it's clearly evident that he's a charlatan.

It pains me to hound a manager of my team, it's blatantly obvious that has failed though.

Nicho87
Not reading the thread. But I agree. As I have since pre-season. Hecky out.

hibeerealist
14-09-2019, 06:07 PM

I feel as despondent with the club as I did under Butcher. We’ve let the moment to turn our club around from the perennial underachievers we’ve been slip.

Agree, I think a lot of us feeling the same way tonight

Gypsy King
Get him so far tae ****.

JoeT
Time to go. Whoever let him sign more than 4 players needs to follow

madhatter
14-09-2019, 06:08 PM
Don’t worry everyone we’ll have a Head of Corporate Partnerships shortly, reinforced by a Creative Assistant...

JohnMcM
what!!!!!!!! Are you in a padded cell?

Ok. Hands up here.

You got me hooked with that one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you rotten stinking lousy gutter-slurping git.:wink:

GreenCastle
My worry is Hearts actually have a decent squad but a ***** : dinosaur manager.

We have a crap squad and clueless manager using us a project / experiment to boost his CV.

I don’t trust Stockdale either who flopped when Sunderland went through an awful spell.

RoslinInstHibby
#hecksit

Surely has to go now, imagine being turned over next week from an awful hearts side....

Robbo6-2
14-09-2019, 06:09 PM
Hes a clown, please do us a favour n get to ***

Gypsy King
14-09-2019, 06:09 PM
We need him out. He doesn't get it.

Greenwich_Hibby
14-09-2019, 06:11 PM
He’s the manager of a team in the middle of League One. He’s nowhere near the standard we should be looking at.

Not having a pop but a club he transformed quickly, taken to promotion, are playing good football and most importantly is in within our very modest budget? Not saying he's my choice but more around the selection criteria in line with the clubs modest aspirations?

Gypsy King
Him and stockdale are masters in failure.

hibeerealist
That was worth it to hear a new one on me 'The Happy Clapper Society' :faf: :faf:

The only positive from my Whoosh moment

Leith Green
14-09-2019, 06:12 PM
Failure to sack him now reeks of Dempster not wanting to accept she got the appointment wrong. Time to end this now as he is clearly not good enough

Gypsy King
14-09-2019, 06:12 PM
My worry is Hearts actually have a decent squad but a ***** : dinosaur manager.

We have a crap squad and clueless manager using us a project / experiment to boost his CV.

I don’t trust Stockdale either who flopped when Sunderland went through an awful spell.

Yeah, stockdale with Sunderland when they were disastrous.

kaimendhibs
14-09-2019, 06:13 PM
Hecky has to go or we will plummet

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

tonyrougier123
14-09-2019, 06:15 PM
Too true 😁 on today's performance it's clearly evident that he's a charlatan.

It pains me to hound a manager of my team, it's blatantly obvious that has failed though.
It is a sad state of affairs mate.
But there isn't even a glimmer of hope in his gameplan.
I've buttoned it in the past when it's went crabs,but it's only needing a ceo and an owner to realise that its done and hopefully fast.

He's never a football manager.

Exactly like calderwood,and even then I wouldn't want him as a coach.

GreenCastle
Yeah, stockdale with Sunderland when they were disastrous.

Yup Stockdale was present for the last few years when they were awful / relegated.

Feels like we are going similar way.

Sadly both will need paid off.

Leith Green
Also , I genuinely cannot think of any manager who has been so universally disliked by our support. Calderwood and butcher run him close but Heckingbottoms as poor a Hibs manager as i can recall

Jamesie
14-09-2019, 06:16 PM
If he stays and we lose the derby then it’s the Dempster who can gtf.

My fear if he stays and gets any sort of result in the Derby is that we ultimately look back on that as similar to the Duffy New Year Derby in 1998 where Andy Walker brought us back from the dead to draw 2-2. I think it's been widely reported before that a defeat in that Derby would have ended Duffy and we would probably have stayed up.

sauzee=legend
14-09-2019, 06:17 PM
He shouldn’t have got the job in the first place imo.
Never rated him, never wanted him - I also think he got lucky last season with the wins he got before the split.
Any team that plays against us with width.... they win.
Clear and simple things need changed and what does he do.... nothing! Stands with his arms crossed

GreenCastle
14-09-2019, 06:20 PM
He shouldn’t have got the job in the first place imo.
Never rated him, never wanted him - I also think he got lucky last season with the wins he got before the split.
Any team that plays against us with width.... they win.
Clear and simple things need changed and what does he do.... nothing! Stands with his arms crossed

He was 2nd choice wasn’t he ?

Plus all the players last season weren’t his.

He can’t be trusted with any players brought in.

Omeonga / McNulty / Bogdan and Milligan made us finish season well.

calumhibee1
14-09-2019, 06:22 PM
Hanlon???

I dont think there would be any team in the SPL chasing PH there are plenty Centre backs playing better than him and he certainly would not “walk” into any team. Sad really but he has cost us quite a few goals already and he is not improving. If your reading these forums Paul, sorry but you must know yourself that it is not good enough!!!!

Currently, yes. If we can get a manager getting the likes of him playing as he can though then he walks into the vast majority of sides in our league imo.

Unseen work
14-09-2019, 06:25 PM
I think Ron will punt him.

Can’t be hard for him to see all the optimism and life being sucked out the team at an alarming rate.

He said he eventually wants a team that can challenge at the top of the table, well put your money where your mouth is and punt him as this is so far below acceptable it’s frightening

From the off the appointment wasn’t dealt with great as it looked quite clear he was our second choice.

The first couple of games he won but it certainly wasn’t convincing and it seemed to be everyone and their granny behind the ball defending for their lives and McNulty would save the day.

The best way to defend is by having the ball and controlling the game, teams get far too much ground, touches and shots against us now

Ellahappyhibee
14-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Hecky needs to go now. No more excuses. It has been dire to watch and endure since we made top 6 last season. A good manager would have improved us in the close season, we have got worse. Longer we keep him bottom 6 and a relegation battle a certainty. I expect us to lose to hearts if he is still in charge next week.:confused:

Alex Trager
14-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Funnily enough for the second game running the posters I'm speaking of are absent from the forum.

We’re all pissed off and want the manager gone mate, you may have said it for a while. You were right congrats.

No need for trolling.

ehf
14-09-2019, 06:28 PM
Task now is find somebody to get this squad pushing for Euro spot as he isn't going to manage it. Some people at the club better start earning their wage as PH could be costly.

Surely nobody still thinks we have any chance of Europe? The only objective now is avoiding relegation.

CRAZYHIBBY
14-09-2019, 06:29 PM
I think Ron will punt him.

Ron wont....he never came to hibs to build a team or he would have strengthened our budget

Unseen work
14-09-2019, 06:30 PM
Surely nobody still thinks we have any chance of Europe? The only objective now is avoiding relegation.

We have a chance of Europe if we act quick by getting him gone and a new manager in.

There’s a hell of a long way to go and all to play for but we need change.

Unseen work
14-09-2019, 06:31 PM
Ron wont....he never came to hibs to build a team or he would have strengthened our budget

He gave us a 7 figure cash injection as said it was to do with as we please.

The board seem to think the indoor pitch and other areas are more important

Kaff
14-09-2019, 06:31 PM
Got to be booted out tonight and get Stubbs in, good lift for the Derby and Killie Cup match, hopefully stabilise the league as well but with the squad we've got its probably mid table we're looking at.
Stubbs would play the likes of Fraser Murray for sure.

truehibernian
14-09-2019, 06:32 PM
He has to be sacked - the enthusiasm, verve, momentum, and support has been sapped of energy since his arrival and into this season. Saying that, you can add other areas of the club into that summary too.

The football, the marketing, the social media, the Board............every aspect is running, not slipping, back towards humdrum mediocrity. It's very sad we've failed to build on things. We're being taken for mugs.

stoneyburn hibs
14-09-2019, 06:34 PM
Also , I genuinely cannot think of any manager who has been so universally disliked by our support. Calderwood and butcher run him close but Heckingbottoms as poor a Hibs manager as i can recall

I'll probably get slated, the disdain for our manager is nothing I've ever experienced at ER in the stands.
Yep, they are vindicated now but quite a lot of our supporters had it in from day 1.

Spoilt supporters? I think so. It seems to be a thing post 2016.

Smartie
It seems hysterical and nonsensical to calling for a manager's head so early in his reign and so early in the season, but I'm really struggling for evidence to suggest that he shouldn't be punted.

As a man who appears to be pretty scientific, is there any measurement of management that he's not failing miserably at?

This is not a group of players who just need time to "click".

It's very worrying how we've managed to go from a position of strength to a position of weakness so quickly. Our last decline was a good decade in the making.

jacomo
So much optimism and positivity when Ron took over. Now look at us.

How has LD and Ron allowed it to go so tits up in such a short space of time ?

Easy.

They appointed the wrong head coach, and now they don’t know what to do about it.

There are other issues - such as the HSL farce and ticketing mess, for example - but that is the key one.

emerald green
14-09-2019, 06:36 PM

If the Board really do think that, then their priorities are all wrong.

Smartie
14-09-2019, 06:38 PM
Easy.

They appointed the wrong head coach, and now they don’t know what to do about it.

There are other issues - such as the HSL farce and ticketing mess, for example - but that is the key one.

If they know what's good for them they'll act fast.

Everyone makes mistakes. The best acknowledge them and deal with them promptly. Procrastination in this situation has serious consequences.

truehibernian
If the Board really do think that, then their priorities are all wrong.

I think we are contracted to build the indoor so the Board can't be blamed for that.......think it has to be in place by next year for club and community use.

madhatter
He gave us a 7 figure cash injection as said it was to do with as we please.

Spend spare money on stuff that doesn’t immediately alleviate concerns coming from those that provide the financial support... I honestly think club have been arrogant about the footballing side of the club. I’m sure Leeann, herself, said in an interview once that the footballing side of things was good so we can focus on other things.

We are now focusing on marketing the club to people who don’t care about it while our supporters are put through torment. Supporters that pay for the privilege.

WeAreAllEstatesFC.

makaveli1875
14-09-2019, 06:39 PM
Got to be booted out tonight and get Stubbs in, good lift for the Derby and Killie Cup match, hopefully stabilise the league as well but with the squad we've got its probably mid table we're looking at.
Stubbs would play the likes of Fraser Murray for sure.

Iv always resisted the Stubbs chat but to be fair he'd send us out for the derby to get tore into them. **** it please come home Stubbs and sort this shambles out

1 8 7 5
14-09-2019, 06:39 PM
Time was up at the final whistle at Ipox.

Get rid now Hibernian.

j'adorehibs
14-09-2019, 06:40 PM
if he had any honor he'd leave now but he wont because the way i see it he has an arrogance about him and how football should be played which doesnt work.....its a poison chalice im afraid unless the board see different ....we beat hertz he stays from a board perspective id say....id rather he went , one major result like beating hertz (which im doubtful will happen ) wont change my opinion ....out now!!!

GreenCastle
14-09-2019, 06:47 PM
Just posted on another thread...

We have had 93 shots against us in 5 games.

We have only had 43 shots in 5 games.

We haven’t even played Aberdeen / Celtic or Hearts yet.

emerald green
14-09-2019, 06:50 PM
I think we are contracted to build the indoor so the Board can't be blamed for that.......think it has to be in place by next year for club and community use.

Why did the Board enter into a contract to do that? Was this something they were obliged to do? Would be grateful for any clarity on this. Thanks.

stoneyburn hibs
14-09-2019, 06:50 PM
if he had any honor he'd leave now but he wont because the way i see it he has an arrogance about him and how football should be played which doesnt work.....its a poison chalice im afraid unless the board see different ....we beat hertz he stays from a board perspective id say....id rather he went , one major result like beating hertz (which im doubtful will happen ) wont change my opinion ....out now!!!

I've deciphered this post after two attempts into plain English. Bolt son.

kenja
14-09-2019, 06:51 PM
Time for some leadership from above. Either way we’re looking at another season written off and another transitional season next season as we need to ship out the majority of the squad IMO.

Build round Marciano, Porteous, Allan & Kamberi and the rest I’d not lose any sleep over if they were to leave.

Completely agree. These are our best players and could be genuinely exciting to watch. Really disappointing not being able to watch them playing to their full potential with the right team around them.

majorhibs
14-09-2019, 06:53 PM

Slaver

j'adorehibs
14-09-2019, 06:54 PM
I'll probably get slated, the disdain for our manager is nothing I've ever experienced at ER in the stands.
Yep, they are vindicated now but quite a lot of our supporters had it in from day 1.

we should have built on that, lennon was progress , this isnt

Stokesy's on fire
14-09-2019, 06:55 PM
Clear out required

SideBurns
14-09-2019, 06:56 PM

Bertie Auld was the manager when we won Div One back in 1981. In his first season back up, we finished 6th, 36 points from 36 games (when it was 2 points for a win) beat Celtic twice at ER and drew at Parkheid. We had consolidated in a league where Dundee Utd & Aberdeen were good enough to challenge in Europe.

The following season, he was sacked before the first league game after a series of insipid league cup section performances. The fans were sick of crap, boring fitba. This was obviously 'pre-2016'.

Hibs fans are anything but "spoilt".

hibeerealist
14-09-2019, 06:58 PM

Never picked up any of that when we brought him in, quite the opposite as he managed to get us up the table but the football was not great.

Since the start of this season YES, he let some good guys go and brought in ........... well there are many opinions on the quality or effectiveness of his signings. Now his team and they have not impressed ONCE so not difficult to understand why supporters getting edgy or unhappy, but certainly not from day 1 WRONG.

Hibees1973
14-09-2019, 07:00 PM
Must admit I have skipped all the comments on this thread because it is obvious what they will be.

Really trying to see positives but cannot find any. What really bothers me is all these imposters that have come into our club are getting paid good money for doing very little at all. Things have been on the slide since summer 2018. That transfer window was the start of our problems and every player signed McNulty, Omeonga & Allan apart have been failures. There must be over 25 other new players signed that have contributed little or nothing. What kind of strike rate is this. Fortunes must have been paid to players who have been through our revolving door.

This is at the root of our problems. Watching Hibs each week is almost as painful as the money the board have wasted. How much will it cost to sack Heckingbottom, his staff, the clowns in our recruitment team and to pay-off all these nobody’s signed from lower league English clubs.

Bet Gordon never saw this coming, if he did he would never have bought Hibs. Given he is a successful businessman changes must be afoot.

Much as I think Heckingbottom will leave soon, he should get the derby & cup game to turn this round. If he doesn’t win both he will deserve to go. Would love to think he would do the honourable thing and resign, but there are not many honourable people out there.

If we do not win our next two games, Gordon will surely not stand back and do nothing. Big question is what will happen to Dempster.

WHAT A MESS

theonlywayisup
14-09-2019, 07:01 PM
Clear out required

And how are we going to do that when we've players on 2/3 year contracts, it's outside of the transfer window so no-one is moving and we've no money to buy anyone new.

majorhibs
14-09-2019, 07:02 PM
How about 22 in a row?

Almost, mebbe, gettin towards possibly entertainin thoughts that there’s a remote wee possibilty that there’s a chance you might even be a Hibee, Hermit! That scunnering experience at that time makes me impatient when it looks likely our teams not got the beating of the shower on the other side of the city, & the managers not up to changing it! & you?

InchHibby
14-09-2019, 07:02 PM
I was there today as were another 950 odd, and I think we would have come to the same conclusion, played well in the first half but never really looked like scoring, a good effort from Mallan but apart from that when the opportunity arose it looked like we were scared to shoot. Second half as far as we were concerned was dire and after their first goal you could actually see the life being sucked out of the players, they just lost it, then the second goal and we were all waiting on the third and fourth.
He’s completely lost the dressing room, he can’t motivate the players especially when you go a goal down when it’s really required. But the most important thing is the players he signed, they just can’t hack it, it’s like they thought coming to play in Scotland is easy, no problem to us English guys it’s push up there, I’ll be a star up here and get my rewards with a move back down South. They soon realise though that if your mediocre to start with you just won’t hack it and you’ll be found out like thousands before you.
Time to go Hecky and take your garbage with you.

truehibernian
14-09-2019, 07:04 PM
Clear out required

Need to see past sentiment also - Paul Hanlon, Lewis (as much as I love him), SDG and Daz, and Whittaker for varying reasons (continual injuries and break downs, form, never been challenged) have to be shipped next season. That'll upset folk but we have to be progressive and not a charity. I'm astonished how poor Hanlon has regressed this last season or two. He's terrible.

stoneyburn hibs
14-09-2019, 07:05 PM
Bertie Auld was the manager when we won Div One back in 1981. In his first season back up, we finished 6th, 36 points from 36 games (when it was 2 points for a win) beat Celtic twice at ER and drew at Parkheid. We had consolidated in a league where Dundee Utd & Aberdeen were good enough to challenge in Europe.

The following season, he was sacked before the first league game after a series of insipid league cup section performances. The fans were sick of crap, boring fitba. This was obviously 'pre-2016'.

Good post, I still stand behind my point that the surge in fans post 2016 have unrealistic perceptions regarding Hibs.

Leith Green
14-09-2019, 07:12 PM
Good post, I still stand behind my point that the surge in fans post 2016 have unrealistic perceptions regarding Hibs.

What is unrealistic about looking to beat morton motherwell St Johnstone and kilmarnock? Likewise what is unrealistic about wanting the team to have fight and determination? What is unrealistic about signing 9 players and expecting at least 1 of them to be any good? What is unrealistic about not wanting to go to ibrox fearing the worst and getting skelped anyway. What is unrealistic about expecting our manager to be positive? I think you are being unrealistic if thats not what you expect from the club.

JohnM1875
14-09-2019, 07:16 PM

Don't think Hibs fans have unrealistic perceptions of us at all.

Won the cup 2016, after that;

Was it unrealistic to expect us to win the Championship with ease?
Then when promoted was it unrealistic for us to be pushing for top 4 giving our budget?
Last season was it unrealistic for us to push for European football again?
This season is it unrealistic to again, push for Europe given we've signed a lot of players, very few on loan again with a much greater budget than most of the competition?

Hibee Mac
14-09-2019, 07:19 PM
Must admit I have skipped all the comments on this thread because it is obvious what they will be.

Really trying to see positives but cannot find any. What really bothers me is all these imposters that have come into our club are getting paid good money for doing very little at all. Things have been on the slide since summer 2018. That transfer window was the start of our problems and every player signed McNulty, Omeonga & Allan apart have been failures. There must be over 25 other new players signed that have contributed little or nothing. What kind of strike rate is this. Fortunes must have been paid to players who have been through our revolving door.

This is at the root of our problems. Watching Hibs each week is almost as painful as the money the board have wasted. How much will it cost to sack Heckingbottom, his staff, the clowns in our recruitment team and to pay-off all these nobody’s signed from lower league English clubs.

Bet Gordon never saw this coming, if he did he would never have bought Hibs. Given he is a successful businessman changes must be afoot.

Much as I think Heckingbottom will leave soon, he should get the derby & cup game to turn this round. If he doesn’t win both he will deserve to go. Would love to think he would do the honourable thing and resign, but there are not many honourable people out there.

If we do not win our next two games, Gordon will surely not stand back and do nothing. Big question is what will happen to Dempster.

WHAT A MESS

Your point about recruitment is absolutely bang on. That is the heart and soul of any successful club and we have gotten it woefully wrong for too long. Time to punt Hecky and our recruitment staff - I've always had faith they would show the promise that was shown under Stubbs but for whatever reason the success of recruitment has fallen off a cliff since then

The Green Sea
14-09-2019, 07:26 PM
I can’t remember a Hibs manager turning round such poor form in my 35 years a Hibs fan. So statistically it looks like he’ll be sacked. The question is when. 5 games into the league season maybe too early for the Board.

The fact that I wasn’t remotely surprised by today’s result and how utterly ambivalent I was to the result is the biggest worry.

Unseen work
14-09-2019, 07:27 PM
I know it’s easier said than done, but I honestly think I could recruit better than the manager and recruitment staff have done.

I think it’s because I have watched Hibs all my life and I don’t know about others but there are certain types that just seem to do well for us, understand our club and push us on.

I’m not saying it’s easy, but I just think maybe it’s too much based on stats etc at the moment and what you see from the computer screen.

This summer was a really really good chance to have a whole new team of good exciting players and we seem to have delivered the opposite.

Personally for a team like Hibs I think young, hungry Scottish players are the way to go as they all realise how big a club we are.

Hibernia&Alba
14-09-2019, 07:32 PM
I can’t remember a Hibs manager turning round such poor form in my 35 years a Hibs fan. So statistically it looks like he’ll be sacked. The question is when. 5 games into the league season maybe too early for the Board.

The fact that I wasn’t remotely surprised by today’s result and how utterly ambivalent I was to the result is the biggest worry.

A couple of weeks ago I was willing to give him the first round of fixtures, but it's now a car crash: can't defend, can't score and nothing from midfield. Worst of all it's the same story every game.

Hibee Mac
14-09-2019, 07:34 PM
I know it’s easier said than done, but I honestly think I could recruit better than the manager and recruitment staff have done.

I think it’s because I have watched Hibs all my life and I don’t know about others but there are certain types that just seem to do well for us, understand our club and push us on.

I’m not saying it’s easy, but I just think maybe it’s too much based on stats etc at the moment and what you see from the computer screen.

This summer was a really really good chance to have a whole new team of good exciting players and we seem to have delivered the opposite.

Personally for a team like Hibs I think young, hungry Scottish players are the way to go as they all realise how big a club we are.

Bang on. As a club we really take to young up and coming talent who actually get stuck in and give a toss.

Even take away the youth part, they could have signed any midfielder with a bit of talent and knowledge of Scottish football who gets stuck right in and no doubt we would have been right behind him.

It's like the people making the decisions on recruitment at our club are not on the same page as the supporters, and that's unforgivable in my opinion.

Wilson
14-09-2019, 07:36 PM

There are too many with unrealistic perceptions of how far we can let things regress. Too many that think that because we were crap in the 80s and crap for most of the 90s that we shouldn't expect different. Too many frightened to hold the club to account for fear of being viewed as a bad supporter.

This isn't the 80s. We started with a good squad. We spent plenty of money building it. We should show progress. That is not unrealistic. That we aren't means that many people at the club should be answering difficult questions.

We're too busy waiting for a better result next week to ask them.

majorhibs
14-09-2019, 07:36 PM

As a youngster I was amazed at the time at the dislike of Auld, but now with experience I completely get it, cos he was as boring & negative as you could imagine, when he did not need to be. The aulder punters at ER at that time booed & called for his head more than any other boss I can mind, but his teams were boring!

The Green Sea
14-09-2019, 07:37 PM
A couple of weeks ago I was willing to give him the first round of fixtures, but it's now a car crash: can't defend, can't score and nothing from midfield. Worst of all it's the same story every game.

The only thing I would say is he’s had shocking luck on injuries defensively. He’s virtually had to play an entirely new defence each week. That’s not great for any team. But midfield and attack are a massive worry as are his signings, most of whom were on the bench today.

Hibs90
14-09-2019, 07:41 PM

Exactly. In a nutshell, this was Hibs chance to kick on and be a permanent force in the top 4 in the league. Record ST's etc and its been ****ed. Zero ambition.

ionahibby
14-09-2019, 07:47 PM
It’s a difficult one because certainly for the first 45 minutes we dominated, for any to say we didn’t obviously weren’t watching the same game. The final third seems to be the problem. He isn’t learning from previous mistakes ie Hanlon continually being picked despite poor form etc. He will get the derby as he should but lose that and he should get his jotters. In reality whether we like it or not he will get a few months more. Like somebody else has said Ron sees us as a business not as a football club so won’t do anything. I sense something wrong from Ron, did we do the right thing selling to him?

Captain Trips
14-09-2019, 07:48 PM

Well if the next manager has us only avoiding relegation with loads of games left he can go as well.

hibeerealist
14-09-2019, 07:52 PM
There are too many with unrealistic perceptions of how far we can let things regress. Too many that think that because we were crap in the 80s and crap for most of the 90s that we shouldn't expect different. Too many frightened to hold the club to account for fear of being viewed as a bad supporter.

This isn't the 80s. We started with a good squad. We spent plenty of money building it. We should show progress. That is not unrealistic. That we aren't means that many people at the club should be answering difficult questions.

Spot on

stoneyburn hibs
14-09-2019, 07:58 PM

Fair enough mate, I'm probably guilty of easily accepting of what has passed because of 2016. I just think that the support has been frantic since then.

Smartie
14-09-2019, 07:58 PM
It’s a difficult one because certainly for the first 45 minutes we dominated, for any to say we didn’t obviously weren’t watching the same game. The final third seems to be the problem. He isn’t learning from previous mistakes ie Hanlon continually being picked despite poor form etc. He will get the derby as he should but lose that and he should get his jotters. In reality whether we like it or not he will get a few months more. Like somebody else has said Ron sees us as a business not as a football club so won’t do anything. I sense something wrong from Ron, did we do the right thing selling to him?

Having an incompetent manager who pisses off your entire customer base is not good for business.

This crisis has probably come a bit earlier in his tenure than he'd have liked, but I'm sure Ron will be more than capable of doing dirty work if it is deemed necessary.

Smartie
14-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Well if the next manager has us only avoiding relegation with loads of games left he can go as well.

There are too may games to go without the realistic possibility of improving the midfield in the transfer market for failings to be laid at the door of any new guy.

Failing after inheriting 2 senior strikers and no defensive midfielders isn't really failing.

It's a pitiful state of affairs that this season needs written off as transitional already but I'm afraid that's what we're going to need to do.

FWIW I agree with your general point that only managing to avoid relegation should be classed as a massive failure.

SideBurns
14-09-2019, 08:02 PM

I think the fans just started to believe that the bad old days of mediocrity and flirting with relegation were perhaps behind us, at least for the foreseeable future. That those days appear to be in danger of returning so soon after winning the cup and challenging for 2nd place is disappointing, especially when our financial situation has recently taken a significant turn for the better.

If I heard supporters bemoaning the fact we aren't top of the league, then I'd agree with your suggestion. As far as I can see, most just seem to think we should be better than teams existing on income from home crowds of between 4-6,000.

Smartie
14-09-2019, 08:04 PM
I think the fans just started to believe that the bad old days of mediocrity and flirting with relegation were perhaps behind us, at least for the foreseeable future. That those days appear to be in danger of returning so soon after winning the cup and challenging for 2nd place is disappointing, especially when our financial situation has recently taken a significant turn for the better.

If I heard supporters bemoaning the fact we aren't top of the league, then I'd agree with your suggestion. As far as I can see, most just seem to think we should be better than teams existing on income from home crowds of between 4-6,000.

Mowbray had a pretty rocky start results-wise but you could see he was building something, same went for Stubbs.

There are very few positive signs at the moment, few crumbs of comfort that suggest anything is going to get better.

That is why people are justifiably angry.

mcfly
14-09-2019, 08:06 PM
It’s gone 9pm - why is this manager not been sacked.

Atmosphere at derby will be toxic - he must go and go now.

He is driving fans away, his style of football is boring and ineffective.

He promised high pressing football - he has failed.

The board must admit they were wrong and sack him ASAP.

WestCoastHibby
14-09-2019, 08:06 PM
This can’t go on much longer. And people above the manager need to ship out too.

SideBurns
14-09-2019, 08:07 PM
Mowbray had a pretty rocky start results-wise but you could see he was building something, same went for Stubbs.

There are very few positive signs at the moment, few crumbs of comfort that suggest anything is going to get better.

That is why people are justifiably angry.

Aye, afraid so.

lord bunberry
14-09-2019, 08:08 PM
I genuinely think you’re enjoying this.

ionahibby
14-09-2019, 08:10 PM
It’s gone 9pm - why is this manager not been sacked.

Atmosphere at derby will be toxic - he must go and go now.

He is driving fans away, his style of football is boring and ineffective.

He promised high pressing football - he has failed.

The board must admit they were wrong and sack him ASAP.

When was the last time a club sacked their manger on the Saturday evening? It’s not the 80s and 90s now, it’s always a Monday.

mcfly
14-09-2019, 08:12 PM
When was the last time a club sacked their manger on the Saturday evening? It’s not the 80s and 90s now, it’s always a Monday.

Don’t care when it sat/sun/Monday he’s a loser and the results show that.

He’s driving fans away and must go.

Carheenlea
14-09-2019, 08:14 PM

I don’t think we’ve had a surge of fans in the sense that folk have suddenly decided to support Hibs post 2016. Hibs have a large supporter base to dig from and attendances have risen with occasional attendees going more regularly and buying season tickets on the back of the entertainment that was enjoyed under Stubbs and Lennon. Many will lapse again as the feel good factor disappears and watching Hibs becomes a chore once more. These fans just want to be entertained and will accept occasional defeats providing the team on the pitch shows passion and heart for the task in hand coupled with a belief that we can dust ourselves down and perform well again in the next game. We are simply not seeing this and I don’t think that can be claimed to be unrealistic perceptions.

we are hibs
14-09-2019, 08:16 PM

Going by what i seen on facebook dempster isnt planning on doing anything. Apparently someone asked her after the game and she said something along the lines of "its not time to panic".

Fife-Hibee
14-09-2019, 08:17 PM
I don’t think we’ve had a surge of fans in the sense that folk have suddenly decided to support Hibs post 2016. Hibs have a large supporter base to dig from and attendances have risen with occasional attendees going more regularly and buying season tickets on the back of the entertainment that was enjoyed under Stubbs and Lennon. Many will lapse again as the feel good factor disappears and watching Hibs becomes a chore once more. These fans just want to be entertained and will accept occasional defeats providing the team on the pitch shows passion and heart for the task in hand coupled with a belief that we can dust ourselves down and perform well again in the next game. We are simply not seeing this and I don’t think that can be claimed to be unrealistic perceptions.

:top marks

Wanting to see the same grit, effort and determination to win like the Motherwells and Kilmarnocks of the world certainly isn't unrealistic perceptions. It's the bare minimum we should see at the worst of times.

HFC 0-7
14-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Going by what i seen on facebook dempster isnt planning on doing anything. Apparently someone asked her after the game and she said something along the lines of "its not time to panic".

that’s because the time to panic was weeks ago!

Hakim Sar
14-09-2019, 08:23 PM
If things don't change then for me this group will drive us down to the playoffs. I shudder at anything worse.

It's painful to think this when, after the last relegation, I said to myself "we will have learned our lesson this time".

Relegation is NOT an option anymore for Hibs. It cant even be contemplated. How did we go from pushing for 2nd and winning a cup to this garbage again.

Waken up Hibs and take decisive actions. To not evolve is to die. Change things NOW.

jacomo
14-09-2019, 08:25 PM

I think you are talking mince.

Hibs should be aiming at a top 4 finish every season. Sometimes we may fall short for good reasons (injuries, bad luck, cup run etc), and most can accept that, but that should be the aim.

It’s neither unrealistic nor unreasonable.

hibeerealist
14-09-2019, 08:27 PM

I hated Calderwood, still do and I hated Butcher, still do, but don’t feel that way about Hecky, well yet, he is just so far out of his depth as well as having his team play the complete opposite of what he told us they would do (high press etc). Fitness levels like they have never known - not seen evidence of that either.

I think, with a few exceptions, most of us do not dislike (or hate) him however it may depend on how long he hangs around when getting same results, that could lead to people having stronger feelings.

calumhibee1
14-09-2019, 08:28 PM

She's hardly going to say the opposite though is she? She needs to put on a brave face in public. She can't go telling fans "aye I'm starting to think about binning him"

chrisski33
14-09-2019, 08:29 PM
Sadly heckingbottom will save himself getting the sack by winning derby

calumhibee1
14-09-2019, 08:30 PM

You're sadly predicting a derby win? :confused:

hibeerealist
14-09-2019, 08:32 PM

Very true :agree:

NC1875
14-09-2019, 08:54 PM
Big clear out from top to bottom please Ron.

stoneyburn hibs
14-09-2019, 08:56 PM

Hibs should be aiming at a top 4 finish every season. Sometimes we may fall short for good reasons (injuries, bad luck, cup run etc), and most can accept that, but that should be the aim.

So explain....

Cabbage-Patch
14-09-2019, 08:59 PM
To think this clown was in the running for Championship jobs during pre season😅

He will never resign so Big Ron needs to step in and do the job Leanne is unwilling to do.

May21/05/16
14-09-2019, 09:00 PM
Big clear out from top to bottom please Ron.It will happen soon

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

NC1875
14-09-2019, 09:02 PM
It will happen soon

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I hope so. Have you heard something ?

Cabbage-Patch
14-09-2019, 09:02 PM

I honestly can't see that happening. Hearts are in dire straights too but at least they are scoring goals and giving teams a go. I think Hearts will win comfortably next Sunday.

If it means we get this clown away from our club I will take the loss.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2019, 09:14 PM

Another Duff Jim situation, rescue a point at Tynecastle but still got relegated anyway.

Ozyhibby
14-09-2019, 09:22 PM
This is no longer Heckingbottom’s fault. He should have been gone weeks ago. This is all down to the board now. Every defeat now is on them.

Iggy Pope
14-09-2019, 09:23 PM

We pretty much always finish outside the top 4 and have done for decades with few exceptions and it’s clear it’s accepted. Count them. I think you mean we sometimes get in the top 4 for good reasons but mostly finish outside of it for the usual reasons (injuries, bad luck, cup run, but mostly by being rank etc), no matter what we aimed for.

Greencore
14-09-2019, 09:26 PM
This is no longer Heckingbottom’s fault. He should have been gone weeks ago. This is all down to the board now. Every defeat now is on them.

Can they afford to sack him?

CLASS OF 72 -73
14-09-2019, 09:27 PM
I hoped he’d come good and gave him backing during the close season but enough is enough. Time for Ron Gordon to show himself and show the fans he means business by sacking PH immediately.

Leeann must shoulder some blame over Hecky’s appointment but has to admit a mistake on this occasion and look to appoint someone with knowledge of the Scottish game.

She was fooled by sales bull S"""" and its still being sprouted. He talks the talk. The rest is obvious

JohnM1875
14-09-2019, 09:30 PM
We pretty much always finish outside the top 4 and have done for decades with few exceptions and it’s clear it’s accepted. Count them. I think you mean we sometimes get in the top 4 for good reasons but mostly finish outside of it for the usual reasons (injuries, bad luck, cup run, but mostly by being rank etc), no matter what we aimed for.

You're 100% spot on. We do. But surely you agree that should always at least be a minimum target at the start of the season right?

Ronster117
14-09-2019, 09:36 PM
Can they afford to sack him?

Can they afford not too

Iggy Pope
14-09-2019, 09:38 PM
You're 100% spot on. We do. But surely you agree that should always at least be a minimum target at the start of the season right?

Yes. It always should be. Top 4 happens with such infrequency though, it’s clearly unrealistic which was what yer man thinks it shouldn’t be. We are a top 4 team once in a while. In 40 years it probably averages out once to twice every 10 seasons or so, maybe less frequent than that. I’d look it up but it is too painful to contemplate.

JohnM1875
14-09-2019, 09:39 PM
Yes. It always should be. Top 4 happens with such infrequency though, it’s clearly unrealistic which was what yer man thinks it shouldn’t be. We are a top 4 team once in a while. In 40 years it probably averages out once to twice every 10 seasons or so, maybe less frequent than that. I’d look it up but it is too painful to contemplate.

Haha I thought that exact same thing so didn't bother. Grim really.

Ozyhibby
14-09-2019, 09:39 PM

Just because we consistently failed throughout the Petrie years doesn’t mean we should accept it going forward.

Iggy Pope
14-09-2019, 09:42 PM
Just because we consistently failed throughout the Petrie years doesn’t mean we should accept it going forward.

It was clearly accepted a long time before Petrie. Not sure of your age but how many top 4 finishes have you witnessed?

Cataplana
14-09-2019, 09:43 PM

Reports are that Hearts are still battling. They could have snatched a draw today.

We have given up by the sounds of things.

JohnM1875
14-09-2019, 09:44 PM
Reports are that Hearts are still battling. They could have snatched a draw today.

Heart's are also scoring goals. We aren't.

Iggy Pope
14-09-2019, 09:45 PM

Reports are also that they were bloody awful, and that Motherwell should have been out of sight, coming from the main Hearts BBC mouthpiece.

Nicho87
14-09-2019, 09:53 PM
Porteous more honest in his the interview than hecky. Hecky really has lost the players and fans.

asayers
14-09-2019, 09:55 PM
Bum!!!!

cookin_on_gaz
14-09-2019, 09:58 PM
I've not checked this but sure I was told that before last season we have only finished in the top 6 twice since the SPL was formed. If true that's a pretty grim statistic.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

Hibs90
14-09-2019, 10:05 PM
Porteous more honest in his the interview than hecky. Hecky really has lost the players and fans.

Couldn't disagree with anything he said.